how do backup deliver to smtp server mail or copy all mail forward a mail account?

thanks!

0
ming813 (1)

a wrote:

ISP & MX

> thanks!

Anytime

Wolfgang

Hi all, Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd like sendmail to just send out mails but when it receives mails, it should forward it to our pop server. should we use mailertable for this or some other method? thanks for any info ike lozada schrieb: > Hi all, > > Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) > Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd > like sendmail to just send out mails but when it receives mails, it > should forward it to our pop server. should we use mailertable for > this or some other method? yes, we do that too. Just enter your domain in the mailertable, but on the receiving side there must be a mta, too, of course. So both servers should be running, e.g. sendmail. the pop server has to allow relaying of the smtp server, too. Keep your receiving server in brackets in the mailertable entry to prevent dns lookups, like so yourdomain.com smtp:[internalserver.internaldomain.com] Tim Tim Aden <corrodan@netcologne.de> wrote in message news:<c08rl4$3ft$1@newsreader2.netcologne.de>... > ike lozada schrieb: > > > Hi all, > > > > Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) > > Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd > > like sendmail to just send out mails but when...

Sending mails to ISP mail server account
Hi all, I have a local mail server on domain xyz.com. Sendmail configured as MTA. Users are able to send mails to each other. I have also configured relay-domains to xyz.com so that they are able to send mails to real world. Local users are like 1@xyz.com .. upto 10@xyz.com We also have the mail services from ISP on same domain xyz.com. On ISP mail server we have created same account name like 1@xyz.com ... upto 10@xyz.com .. My local mail server is fetching mail from ISP mail server & delivered to local user accounts by using fetchmail. On ISP mail server, we have created few accounts of the users like 11@xyz.com for mktg personals. These users are not having account on my local mail server. Now users want to send mail to 1@xyz.com with cc to 11@xyz.com . Whenever they send mails like this, error comes 'user unknown'. I have tried smart relay host option like ---------------- # "Smart" relay host (may be null) DSxyz.com --------------- but not got success. Any workaround by which mails to 11@xyz.com will go to ISP mail server account? Any pointer will help. Thanking you, Sandeep Agarwal ...

No SMTP mail out or mail logs
I'm running lenny with exim4, fetchmail, and mutt. Procmail is not installed. Mail coming in from the POP mail server works, but mail out disappears. A probably related problem is that no mail.* logs are created, although they are set up in /etc/rsyslog.conf. My exim4 is probably configured correctly (I've used it for years). But just in case, this is what I have: choose mail sent by smarthost; received via fetchmail system mailname: teufel.historicalMaterialism.info other destinations: historicalMaterialism.info mailname of outgoing smarthost: mail.historicalmatrialism.info::527 etc. I'm connected via wifi card to an AP/router. It has address 192.168.1.1: $ netstat -nr Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irttIface 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth1 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth1 This is my hosts file, which is a bit different than in the past, I used to have 127.0.0.1 <domainname> localhost.localdomain localhost, and I'm not sure this new arrangement is correct. $ cat /etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 localhost 127.0.1.1 teufel.historicalMaterialism.info teufel As for interfaces, my wifi card driver uses eth1 rather than wlan0. It is UP, but so is eth0, which has no CAT5 cable connected at this point. My machine IP on the local net is 192.168.1.5 eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:09:5b:41:54:21 ...

Forward local gateway mail to internal mail server
I have Sendmail 8.13.5 running on redhat 9 on both boxes and would like the local mail on the gateway to be forwarded to the internal mail server. I have the DH and DR options set to the desired box but the local mail is still delivered locally. I can verify by sendmail -bv bo output: bo... deliverable: mailer local, user bo but if testing sendmail -bv bo@domain.com output: bo@domain.com... deliverable: mailer esmtp, \ host [internal.server.com], user bo@domain.com -- Thank You Bo Hunter Registered Linux User #393766 http://counter.li.org/ fingerprint = E5CE 755F 9040 8C5A C830 EA5F 890F 17EB 9118 645E ...

Agent for Lotus Mail forwarding to POP3 mail account
I am new in the Lotus Notes domain... and would appreciate if someone can provide me with an agent that I can run on my Lotus Notes mail file to forward (and retain a local copy) a copy of ALL emails to my POP3 mail account. I am sure this has been done many many times before.. I just didn't have much luck finding the code for the agent. Thanks Sidd If you are using Notes > R6 you could use the "Rules" in your Lotus Mailbox to achieve this. curiousirfan@gmail.com schrieb: > I am new in the Lotus Notes domain... and would appreciate if someone >...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. DeliveryMode=deferred -- Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN 2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/ ...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to ".mail/". Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". > Change "mail/" to ".mail/". This is great! Thanks Eduardo!! I'll never change from Pine. That's for sure. > http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I would like to change my email when using mailinglists. The only thing Pine now needs is a way to use PGP/GPG as attachments...=) Hugs, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any :) effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I :) would like to change my email w...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only :) one such directory? Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, if so remove it. It is possible that this may break other applications (e.g. Mutt). Hopefully it won't. Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: > > :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems > :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both > :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is > :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only > :) one such directory? Eduardo Chappa wrote: > Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, No. The directories are not...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ > How to do that? If everything else fails: - delete mail - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail On 18 Aug 2005, Holger Marzen wrote: > * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > >> I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ >> How to do that? > > If everything else fails: > > - delete mail > - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail What Holger wrote should work, but it's cleaner to change where Pine looks for mailboxes. I discuss this on my Power Pine page in this section: Setting Up IMAP, NNTP, and Local Collections <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#setCollections> Let us know if you have any questions. Hope this helps, Nancy -- Nancy McGough ~ <http://www.ii.com> ~ <http://deflexion.com> IMAP, pine, procmail, data deflexion, infinity, and more >...

Retrieve mail from a POP3 & forward it to Mail server
Does anyone have any methods or software to retrieve mails from POP3 mailbox and forward it to a mail server on Mac OS X.3.5 Server? I have found old topics (2001) on the web who noticed an open source solution : fetchmail, but nothing else... Thanks olivier(dot)david(at)hespul(dot)org In article <4123332f$0$29667$636a15ce@news.free.fr>, LeonDeLyon wrote: > Does anyone have any methods or software to retrieve mails from POP3 > mailbox and forward it to a mail server on Mac OS X.3.5 Server? > I have found old topics (2001) on the web who noticed an open source > solut...

Forwarding mails with special format to different mail server (RegExp)
Hello, Problem Statement: mail.example.com and list.example.com are two mail servers. Both of them are running sendmail. MX record for example.com points to mail.example.com so all the mails for example.com mail domain are sent to mail.example.com. mails.example.com can recieve all those mails. I want mail address with special format list.xxxxxx@example.com (e.g. list.javascript@example.com, list.opensourceproject@example.com) should be forwarded to the server list.example.com. list.example.com is also configured to accept the mails for example.com mail domain. The list.example.com is mailing list server using sympa package-so the number of mailing list is not fixed, but want to keep the address of the format list.xxxx@example.com How to solve this problem? I know mailertable on mail.example.com helps me to forward all mails with addresses like list.xxxxx@list.example.com to lists.example.com. --sopan sopan.shewale@gmail.com writes: > Hello, > > Problem Statement: mail.example.com and list.example.com are two mail > servers. Both of them are running sendmail. MX record for example.com > points to mail.example.com so all the mails for example.com mail domain > are sent to mail.example.com. mails.example.com can recieve all those > mails. > > I want mail address with special format list.xxxxxx@example.com (e.g. > list.javascript@example.com, list.opensourceproject@example.com) > should be forwarded to the server list.example....

Web Mail Interface for My Mail Server
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone can help me out here. I am running hmailserver on windows xp and i would like to setup a webmail interface on my server so that my users dont have to use outlook to check emails and can just use thier browsers to do so. I was wondering is there any free plug in available to do something like this? I googled it but everything is php scripts etc and nothing seem to be the right thing. Thanks a lot guys!!!. ...

Why mails from my server considered as junk mail
Hello, After sendmail is installed and running, I was able to send and receive mails from/to internet. But I don't know why if I send mail to yahoo or hotmail, the mails will be automatically put into junk mail folder. I didn't do any change to the default sendmail configuration which came with RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0. I am wondering why my mails are considered as junk mail. The only thing of my sendmail which is unusal is, The mail server is behind a router with NAT function. So my mail server is only configured as private IP address 192.168.1.10. The router can translate it to public ip address. And my server has a valid DNS name and MX entry which points to the public IP address. If I send mail out, other mail server will think the mail is from our router's public IP address, not the IP address of the sendmail machine. The mail header is like below, Return-path: admin@internal.my.com Received: from internal.my.com (unverified [208.XX.YY.ZZZ]) by ...... Anyone have any idea? Thanks. Jeremy Jeremy Jin wrote: > The mail server is behind a router with NAT function. So my mail server is > only configured as private IP address 192.168.1.10. The router can translate > it to public ip address. And my server has a valid DNS name and MX entry > which points to the public IP address. If I send mail out, other mail server > will think the mail is from our router's public IP address, not the IP > address of the sendmail machine. The mail...

Synchronize Apple Mail with Mail Server?
My DSL was out for a couple of days, so I had to take my iBook to the local coffee shops to connect to the Internet. I used a web interface to send my POP email account at Earthlink. Now I'm wondering if there's any way to get Apple Mail to retrieve the emails I sent, and store them in my Sent Mail folder. Is there a way to do that? Thanks in advance for any info. In article <vikr-1EE776.17564418082006@news.west.earthlink.net>, Vik Rubenfeld <vikr@mindspring.com.invalid> wrote: > My DSL was out for a couple of days, so I had to take my iBook to the > local co...

Copying Mail/Folders Between Mail Files
Hi, How do you guys copy mail/folders between mail files? Besides copying and pasting between mail files, surely there has to be an easier way. And no, we don't want the new user using the old mail file. It just seems very annoying it is so difficult to do this. hi there ... i want to say to do that you need to open the mail that you want to copy from and the mail that you want to copy to.. in the domino admin pack .. then jut copy and past then it will work :) you need to enable the full access to yourself on both database ... good luck ...

Multiple mail accounts in Mail OsX
Hi there, I've got a user with multiple mail accounts (from different ISPs) set up in Mail. Everything works fine, except we can't work out how to change things so that they can select which account they send to. At the moment it is always the one that they added first. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Martin In article <42e90313$0$29795$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk>, "Martin Empson" <swpmre@yahoodonteventhinkaboutspam.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I've got a user with multiple mail accounts (from different ISPs) set up in > Mail. Everything w...

Macallan Mail Solution is a Mail Server
Macallan Mail Solution is a Mail Server (SMTP/POP3/IMAP/HTTP) for Microsoft Windows XPT and Microsoft Windows 2000T that works with clients such as Microsoft Outlook ExpressT or Microsoft OutlookT. Filtering mechanisms against Spammers using DNSBL (DNS Black List) and your own Keywords Black List / Friend List are included. Mechanisms against Virus can be used with your Anti-Virus. Replies can be sent automatically for those abusing Spams and Virus to providers. http://perso.club-internet.fr/macallan/MMS/index.html ...

Help
Don't know if this is possible: (1) Mail gateway (sendmail 8.11) receives mail from outside (2) Gateway is set to relay mail to internal server (working perfectly) Now, want to see if this is possible: (1) Mail gateway (sendmail 8.11) receives mail from outside (2) one and only domain is: example.com (3) Currently gateway relay mails intended for @example.com to inetrnal server1 (4) Here is the question: is it possible to relay jdoe@example.com to server 2, base on, for example, virtusertable, i.e. jdoe@example.com jdoe@serve2 What I really want to do is to migrate users to server2. Once the migration is done, server1 will go away. Before the process is done, mails coming in will get delivered to either server1 or server2(again same domain), depends on the virtusertable. Is there such a thing? Any pointer and idea is greatly appreciated. EKW wrote: > What I really want to do is to migrate users to server2. ... You could, for example, upoon migrating a user's mail from server1 to server2, add an alias on server1 for that user, to forward all their mail to server2. When the migration is complete, either rename server2 to server1, or have the mail server now send all mail to server2. Other than that, I think a virtusertable will be your best bet. -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Sylvain Robitaille syl@alcor.concordia.ca Systems analyst / Postmaster Concordia Unive...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) yaaru wrote: > I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that > smtp to send mails. > Use the MercuryC SMTP Relay Client Module. -- Regards, Guy <URL:http://guysalias.batcave.net/pgpkeys.txt> [Updated: 4/29/2004] ...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) [POSTED TO comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE] In <fc389f33.0408060513.55cac989@posting.google.com> on 6 Aug 2004 06:13:37 -0700, samir@cybersurfindia.com (yaaru) wrote: >[SNIP] Per the newsgroup charters, please post Mercury questions in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc -- Best regards, John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/> WinPMail helpers (PGP/URLPROXY/NsProto/AdrCSV) available on my Home Page ...

Web resources about - how do backup deliver to smtp server mail or copy all mail forward a mail account? - comp.mail.sendmail

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Capital account - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In macroeconomics and international finance, the capital account (also known as financial account ) is one of two primary components of the balance ...

Brussels attacks: Airport, train station eyewitness accounts of terrorist explosions - Brussels bombings ...
HER yellow uniform torn to shreds, a flight attendant slumps shocked and weeping amid the carnage at Brussels airport.

Abbott meets Cameron in London tmedia My Account Webmail Telstra Media Search Web My Account Telstra ...
Former PM Tony Abbott has met with British Prime Minister David Cameron in the wake of the Brussels attacks.

Report: 0.19% of Players Account for 48% of Free-to-Play Game Revenue
... automation platform Swrve has released its latest 2016 Mobile Monetization Report, which revealed just 0.19 percent of all players account for ...

New platform delivers scalable account-based marketing
Account-based marketing (ABM) is one of the most effective approaches to B2B marketing, but historically users of the technique have struggled ...

Greatest Instagram account ever posts nothing but cringeworthy Tinder chats
... cat. You can also post pictures of your dog . Joking aside, Instagram can be a wonderfully fun social network if you follow the right accounts ...

MOST TRANSPARENT, EVAH! Obama EPA Used Secret Email Accounts to Scheme with Lobbyists and Climatards
By Ethan Barton There is new evidence senior Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) officials routinely use private email accounts to conduct ...

A pro-ISIS account is encouraging Belgian supporters to use encryption and 'keep a low profile'
An ISIS-affiliated channel on the secure messaging app Telegram is advising its followers on how to evade detection by authorities after the ...

This retirement savings account can be a super-IRA
This retirement savings account can be a super-IRA