How to add footer text as normal text

Hi all,
        I am using sendmail-8.12.11 for my mail server . I have set
footer text for all outgoing mails from my domain "my.domain.com" using
the following function in mimedefang . It works fine but the footer
text is added to every mail as an attachment
.. I want the footer text to be added as normal text for each mail not
as an attachment
.. Can we do this using mimedefang . If anybody knows the answer kindly
assist me.

 # action_rebuild();
    if ( $Sender =~ /\b(.*)\@my.domain.com\b/ )
    {
    # action_rebuild();
    #PSL Begin
    action_add_part($entity, "text/plain", "-suggest","
This message is proprietary to Our Organization.
******************************************************************************.\n",
"Disclaimer.txt","inline");
    #PSL End
    }

Suresh Kumar

suresh15584@yahoo.co.in wrote:

>         I am using sendmail-8.12.11 for my mail server . I have set
> footer text for all outgoing mails from my domain "my.domain.com"
> using the following function in mimedefang . It works fine but the
> footer text is added to every mail as an attachment. I want the
> footer text to be added as normal text for each mail not as an
> attachment.

Did you read the mimedefang-filter man page?

Read it.  See "append_text_boilerplate" and "append_html_boilerplate"

Regards,

David.
0
dfs6 (709)
10/25/2005 11:31:22 AM
Thanks a lot Mr.David  .It works fine . Once again thanks for your
guidance.

Suresh Kumar

David F. Skoll wrote:
> suresh15584@yahoo.co.in wrote:
>
> >         I am using sendmail-8.12.11 for my mail server . I have set
> > footer text for all outgoing mails from my domain "my.domain.com"
> > using the following function in mimedefang . It works fine but the
> > footer text is added to every mail as an attachment. I want the
> > footer text to be added as normal text for each mail not as an
> > attachment.
>
> Did you read the mimedefang-filter man page?
>
> Read it.  See "append_text_boilerplate" and "append_html_boilerplate"
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

How to add footer text for all outgoing mails in sendmail
hi all, I am using sendmail-8.12.11 in my mail server . I want to add some fixed text as footer for all outgoing mail . Is is possible with sendmail ? If possible how can we do that ? What is the procedure behind it ? Any guidelines from the persons who already done it before will be appreciated . Thanks in advance. Suresh Kumar suresh15584@yahoo.co.in wrote: > hi all, > I am using sendmail-8.12.11 in my mail server . I want to add > some fixed text as footer for all outgoing mail . Is is possible with > sendmail ? If possible how can we do that ? What is the procedure > behind it ? Any guidelines from the persons who already done it before > will be appreciated . > > Thanks in advance. > Suresh Kumar The commerical version of sendmail has this built in - see http://www.sendmail.com . The open source version can surely be made to do it but it is complicated to do correctly in the presence of MIME attachments. There is a package (MIMEDefang) that seems to do this. There is also excellent advice at http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/ . Daniel Feenberg feenberg isat nber dotte org In comp.mail.sendmail suresh15584@yahoo.co.in: > hi all, > I am using sendmail-8.12.11 in my mail server . I want to add > some fixed text as footer for all outgoing mail . Is is possible with > sendmail ? I...

text + text

text-text

Add some external text to indexed OCR text
Hello, we are scanning some documents as tiff and convert them into PDF documents. By OCR the contained text is indexed. Now we want to add some external text from a .txt file to the indexed text, but it shall not appear visible in the PDF document. I'm grateful for any hints how to achieve this. Regards, Jens "Jens Riedel" <JensRie@gmx.de> wrote in message news:3hso5vFir9ndU1@individual.net... > Hello, > > Now we want to add some external text from a .txt file to the indexed > text, but it shall not appear visible in the PDF document. PDF Meld can add t...

Add new text box after entered text
Hello, I have an application that I'm building but I'm getting stuck on a few things. 1. I have a slider to select how many "sections" to have, this will then build a table of text boxes for a title in one column, and in the other column there will be 2 text boxes for an "option name" and "value". (I got this part) 2. When someone finishes entering the title, and one option/value then clicks off of the last box I want to create a new one for that option. If they don't enter a value for both I don't want it to show another group of text boxes. Ques...

Extract Text from a Checkbox and add text between values
Hi all,=20 FM 11Adv for widnows here :) I have a checkbox list such as: Apple, Banana, Orange, Lemon Now, I would like to add another text value to each selected value of the c= heckbox, in real time. So that when the user select "Orange" in the list, t= here will be a Custom dialog box that will let her to insert an adjective (= i.e. "Good", "Bad, "tasty" or whatever she likes). Finally, I would like to report in a second field the combination of checke= d value (from the checkbox) and the free adjective I have let the user add,= to have: "Orange good", "apple Bad", "lemon tasty" etc... I am trying to play with triggers so that the custom dialog box pops up as = far as a value in the checkbox is checked (this works). Unfortunately, the free text is added to the END of the checked values, and= I end up with something like:=20 Orange, Apple, Lemon good (or bad or tasty, actually the new added free tex= t erases the preceding choices instead of adding up)=20 Might you please help ? It would be nice to define a solution that does not= use script triggers as well, if at all possible... Thanks a lot ! Diego Op 2-9-2013 20:18, Diego B schreef: > Hi all, > > FM 11Adv for widnows here :) > > I have a checkbox list such as: > Apple, Banana, Orange, Lemon > > Now, I would like to add another text value to each selected value of the checkbox, in re...

Access Report Footer displaying the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer
How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer? For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all the activities it displays the various points for each activity. In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have in the control source for the totals textbox: =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:17:03 GMT, Richard Hollenbeck wrote: > How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in > another text box in the page's footer? > > For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which > displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all > the activities it displays the various points for each activity. > In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have > in the control source for the totals textbox: > > =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) > > but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? Read Microsoft Knowledgebase article: 132017 'How to sum a column of numbers in a report by page' -- Fred Please only reply to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal email. ...

text 2 text

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter.net>... > Peter Flynn had an example like that, which he either posted here or > posted a link here. It was something to do with a certificate -- try > searching for his name and that word in google. > > It wouldn't be hard to do with metapost. I have a macro called `pathalong' > which puts text along an arbitrary path. Well, it's been a while, but I finally finished it. It's a little job I was doing for an upcoming wedding. At any rate, I used pstricks to make the text go along a path, along with a couple of hacks for sizing (from graphicx) and kerning along the line (from soul). Here's the code (don't laugh): CAUTION:THIS CODE MAY MAKE YOU WRETCH ---SNIP--- \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{pstricks,pst-text,nopageno} \usepackage[width=8.5in]{geometry} \usepackage{soul} \begin{document} \thispagestyle{empty} \set...

Pages

PHP - using mail() and unicode text
I have the following problem. On a website there's a (simple) feedback form. This is used also by Polish visitors who (of course) type Polish text using special characters. However, when I receive the text in my mailbox, all special characters have been turned into mess...... For example: "wsp�lprace" is turned into "współprace". It seems PHP is handling the Unicode-8 strings quite well (when I 'echo' the strings on the site, I see the text correctly), until the point that it is send by using mail(). Is this a server configuration issue? Or something else? How can I get my text to remain in Unicode? I have this problem both on my testserver (Apache 1.3.28, PHP 4.3.2 on Windows XP) as on my providers server (Apache under Linux). Hope anybody can help. Many thanks, Edo. > For example: "wsp�lprace" is turned into "wspó�,prace". > > It seems PHP is handling the Unicode-8 strings quite well are you setting up the headers of the email to state something such as Content-Type: text/html;charset=iso-8859-15 It's an encoding issue. One way to deal with this is to escape the UTF-8 text using imap_8bit() and set the charset in the email header to UTF-8. Many email clients don't handle this correctly though. I would recommend sending multipart mails. In the plaintext part, remove the accent marks (solidarnos'c' -> solidarnosc). In the HTML part, encoding the special characters as HT...

Mouse changes when Tab label is Text[] vs normal text. Why?
Hello experts; This is not a big deal thing for me, I just was curios on what this behavior occur more than anything. If you enter the following command: TabView[{"1" -> 1, Style["2", FontSize -> 16] -> 2}] and then move the mouse over the Tab with '2' on it, and notice the mouse shape, you'll see it stays an arrow shape (standard on windoz). Now if you enter this command instead: TabView[{"1" -> 1, Text[Style["2", FontSize -> 16]] -> 2}] and do the same, you'll notice that the mouse, when it is ...

Newbie question = how to add text to a textarea without deleting the previous text.
Newbie question = how to add text to a textarea without deleting the previous text. i'm trying to add text to a text area when a link is clicked (to add<b><i> etc) without erasing the previously typed text. i'm using this, but unfortunately i don't know how to make this append the text rather than just chenge the text in the text area.(where comments is the textarea name. <A HREF="#" onClick="(document.forms[0].comments.value='<b></b>'); return false;" NAME="anchor1" ID="anchor1">select bold</A>...

highlight text in text widget
Hi, I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone help? Thanks neon writes: > I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search > keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to > emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword &g...

Text ( unicode ) To Text (ANSI)
Dear Sir, I have a text file ( unicode) i want to transfer this file to text ( Ansi ) by command Read up on MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/Intl/unicode_17si.asp ...

Search for text in a text field
Hi When posting a search box for the users, how do you take their input and search whether or not it is contained in a text field in many records and then diplay the records which contains the input. Thanks in advance, Luke. There is a function called InStr that will probably do what you require. Cheers, Chris "Luke Jones" <luke_jones_82@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:24bb1508.0407080157.d587c63@posting.google.com... > Hi > > When posting a search box for the users, how do you take their input > and search whether or not it is contained in a text field in many > records and then diplay the records which contains the input. > > Thanks in advance, > > Luke. ...

rich text in text field

matrix and text to a text file
Hi, I know some similar question have been solved before but I have been reading for a while and I didn't find the answer of my question so, I ask you. I want to create a text-file (.txt) where I will have some text and some matrixs. The format that i want is something like that: -Title- Name1. Name2. power(dbm): big matrix (12000X400) aprox frequency(hz) vector(1x12) aprox So, i created a m-file that can do this writing with fprintf every single character on the file using lots of for loops. It works good but if the matrix is that size it could take a time (about 7 min...

Overloading || ( text,text ) operator
Hi, I was trying to overload concat operator ||(text,text) such a way that it behaves like Oracle. i.e. I want 'abc' || null to return 'abc' instead of null. I know that it is not the expected behaviour in postgres, but since I am migrating the database from oracle to postgres , I need this behaviour. But when I try to drop the existing || operator, I get the following error ERROR: cannot drop operator ||(text,text) because it is required by the database system Also I cannot modify the application which runs over the database. Hence I cannot overload || (varchar,varchar) and use it. Is there any way of overloading the || operator , such that it behaves like Oracle? ( I know that Oracle behaviour is wrong , but my aim is to move an existing application which runs on Oracle to Postgres :-( ) Thanks, Abhiman Suresh Tri wrote: > > But when I try to drop the existing || operator, I get the following > error > ERROR: cannot drop operator ||(text,text) because it is required by > the database system > > Also I cannot modify the application which runs over the database. > Hence I cannot overload || (varchar,varchar) and use it. > > Is there any way of overloading the || operator , such that it behaves > like Oracle? ( I know that Oracle behaviour is wrong , but my aim is > to move an existing application which runs on Oracle to Postgres :-( > ) Your best bet might be to define...

text field only for text
Hi I would like some help about the following : I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I limit this situation ? So far, I couldn't find literature exacly about this here in the newsgroup. TIA Paulo "Paulo Rodrigues" <amigo.alf@netvisao.pt> wrote in message news:<newscache$kgmtmh$bb1$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt>... > Hi > > I would like some help about the following : > > I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I > limit > this situation ? > > So far, I couldn't find literature exacly about this here in the newsgroup. > > TIA > Paulo Paulo, the online help is your FRIEND. Private Sub Text0_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) If KeyAscii >= 48 And KeyAscii <= 57 Then KeyAscii = 0 End If End Sub Just put this code in the KeyPress event of whatever text field you do not want to contain numbers. OR you could glue thumbtacks to the number keys on all your users keyboards... Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. Avoid magic numbers, especially when you can use builtin VBA constants. The following is a little more intuitive to read and a future developer does not have to lookup 48 and 57 to see exactly what is being blocked. Private Sub Text2_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) 'Cancel any numeric keys If KeyAscii >= vbKey0 And KeyAscii <= vbKey9 Then KeyAscii = 0 End If End Sub The above solu...

Text IN an Image To Straight Text?
Hi. (I'm not sure where to ask this so I'm trying a few newsgroups) I have some .jpg's of text documents. Is there a utility which will work like OCR in a scanner, helping to convert the text WITHIN the image to straight text? I don't have a printer working at the moment, or I'd print the .jpg's and then scan them using OCR. (The format doesn't necessarily have to be .jpg) Thanks in advance for any help GP Yes, if the image is not to bad a pic (not much noise and all that). Try http://www.twocows.com/windows.html I know they have a couple of ocr programs s...

HTML Text and Photoshop Text
Hey Folks: I thought it best to do title text in photoshop and bring into my webpage for a better quality look. But, using Composer, the HTML looks pretty darn OK. Thoughts? Composer? what is that.. I would much prefer using Adobe Photoshp for text titles. Their effects are nice & customizable & with CS2, you can do more with that. "Raoul" <gaycat56@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132628078.236760.142570@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey Folks: > > I thought it best to do title text in photoshop and bring into my > webpage for a better quali...

raw text, source text?
I have two people who write me using Gmail and the format of the emails I get is bad. It has capital �'s all over the place. I can't tell the pattern. At the end of most llines and other places. It can't send an apostrophe correctly. Instead it looks like �tm And something it sends looks like ·� � � � � � �, Maybe this is just more A's but what it looks like in my email is some Germanic R with a big dot next and 6 tiny �'s that look like the surf coming in. Once a month ago the email from one sender came in looking good, but he told me it was nothing he did and nothing he had control over. And the next time he wrote, it looked as bad as ever. Ralph in the Agent ng said that I'm getting the raw text and I should turn that off. AIUI, the raw text is always off in Eudora. I"m using version 7.1.0.9, the last or next to last version of the original Eudora. In fact there have been times over the last 20 years that I wanted to see the source text, but I couldnt' figure out how. So, how do I turn on the raw text? How do I turn off the raw text in the case of these two Gmail senders. Thanks. On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 00:23:38 -0400, micky <NONONOmisc07@bigfoot.com> wrote: >I have two people who write me using Gmail and the format of the emails >I get is bad. > >It has capital �'s all over the place. I can't tell the pattern. At >the end of mos...

Web resources about - How to add footer text as normal text - comp.mail.sendmail

Template:Religious Science footer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) on Twitter

Lead-footers hit the highway in NT
Police hit out at drivers who exceeded 200km/h during first hours of an open speed limits trial.

106 Burmese pythons captured in Florida hunt, including 15-footer
AL.com 106 Burmese pythons captured in Florida hunt, including 15-footer AL.com DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — The 106 Burmese pythons captured over a ...

Stephen Curry Sinks Game-Winning 32-Footer to Beat the Thunder - Bleacher Report
Steph. No other words are needed. With 0.6 seconds remaining in overtime and the score tied at 118-118 against the host Oklahoma City Thunder ...

Google Tests a New Homepage Footer
Google tests a new interface for the homepage's footer. It includes a cookie disclaimer required by a European Union directive and a settings ...

Michael Jordan nails 50-footer at golf tournament
Watch: Sports legend Michael Jordan proved he can still hit the big shot

Texas Italian-American Sports Foundation to honor Alyson Footer
Texas Italian-American Sports Foundation to honor Alyson Footer

Alyson Footer leaves Astros for mlb.com
Alyson Footer leaves Astros for mlb.

Is Tyson Chandler the NBA's Best Dressed Seven-Footer?
... of the New Yorks Knicks, but off the court, he likes to style on people. GQ has gone so far to say that Chandler is "the slickest seven-footer" ...