How to configure sendmail to send mails

FUP from comp.lang.python

Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 15:38:25 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus:
> =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 5/9/2013 4:29 =CE=BC=CE=BC, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 feedth=
etroll =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:
>>> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to
>>> setip up to work.
>>> i cannot connect to it via my python script.
>> OK, I should have been more exact:
>> To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent,
>> Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ...
>>
>> DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (=3D"mailbox management", "pop3(s)",
>> "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a
>> WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails=
..)

>> So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access,
>> don't you) and configure it.
>>
>> But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic.
>=20
> i as root just inatslled
>=20
> sendmail and mailx. i have edited the ~/.mailrc to use:
>
> nikos@superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# cat ~/.mailrc
> account gmail {
> set smtp-use-starttls
> set smtp=3Dsmtp://smtp.gmail.com:587
> set smtp-auth=3Dlogin
> set smtp-auth-user=3Dmay)gmail
> set smtp-auth-password=3Dmy_gmail_pass_not_stupid_enough_to_wite _it_agai=
> }
Don't use gmail. Gmail is the cause of your problem. As long as you use it =
(whatever way you use) the problem will persist. USE YOUR SENDMAIL.

> And now i'm trying  to:
> cmd =3D "echo %s | mailx -A gmail -r %s -s %s %s"  %  (MESSAGE, FROM,=20
> SUBJECT, TO)
> p=3Dsubprocess.Popen( cmd, shell=3DTrue, stdout=3Dsubprocess.PIPE )
> output, errors =3D p.communicate()
> print( errors, output )
DONT INVOKE THIS VIA PYTHON. Use the shell. If it works there, you can try =
it with python.

> Any ideas please why this fails to work?
> while i remove the '-A gmail' string in the cmd line then i can send=20
> fast mail but only to mail containing the @superhost.gr trail.
> i need to be eble to send to external mails to.
THIS IS NOT A SENDMAIL LIST!
Solve your sendmail-problem and then, if it still does not work from python=
 come back with a smart question.

FUP: comp.mail.sendmail

Hello all, I am setting up a very secure Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server version 4 update 6 server. My sendmail version is 8.13.1. My mail server is a Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 with its patches. They are both on the same subnet. DNS is on and it will resolve the mail server's name and IP. SSH, SCP, SFTP, and such tools are the only networkable protocols on. NFS if off, MOUNTD is off, PORTMAP is off, and such. Until just recently sendmail was off on the RHEL server as part of the hardening procedure. However part of the auditing requirements is for a mail messag...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local...

hi this is sasidhar, we have CentOS5 with default sendmail configuration. Initially it is sending mails to gmail, yahoo etc. last few days it is not sending mails to yahoo. In maillog I observed that for yahoo mails the stat value is deferred. I tried everything by browsing google but I didn't find any solution to this problem. Finally I came here with lots of hope. In mail queue there are more than 1 lack, most of them yahoo, rediff etc. For gmail it is not giving any problem every mail is going. please give any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks, sasidhar. On 11/5/2009 11:...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hell...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thou...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn...

sendmail only send mails
Hello, I managed to upgrade to sendmail 8.12.9 tonight. Sending out emails fine, but cannot receive email from outside. I am behind a router (ADSL dialup). I use Yahoo account to do the test, till now it doesn't show any error messages about the email sent to my host. I set an entry for MX record in the dynamic DNS's website. I also have the following sendmail.mc: divert(-1) dnl This is the sendmail macro config file. If you make changes to this file, dnl you need the sendmail-cf rpm installed and then have to generate a dnl new /etc/mail/sendmail.cf by running the following comman...

How do I configure sendmail to recognize my SMTP server, so that I can send mail with mutt?
I'm trying to convert to Mutt, but can't get it to send mail. The problem is how sendmail's set up. How can I point send mail to smtp-server.blah.blah? Naota -- naSota@tPampabay.rAr.cMom - > (remove capital letters: SPAM) ...

How to prevent local user daemon for sending mails with Sendmail configured as SMTP authentication.
Hello: We have installed sendmail with SMTP authentication on our server with virtual hosting for different domains. Everything was working fine till I installed apache from source which is running as user daemon. Our sendmail server mailqueue is flooded with messages from daemon@localdomain. Following is the log from the sendmail maillog file: ul 2 09:38:26 190877-dev1 sendmail[20001]: STARTTLS=client, relay=[127.0.0.1], version=TLSv1/SSLv3, verify=FAIL, cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits=256/256 Jul 2 09:38:26 190877-dev1 sendmail[20004]: n62EcQgB020004: from=<daemon@190877-dev1.www.ne...

mails sent by sendmail were treated as junk mail
Hi there, I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure it to work as my main mailserver which allow POP3 and SMTP connection from outside. My problem is that I cannot send out any mails which appears like sender: xxx@mydomain.com. If I send mail through terminal, my sent-out mail would looks like aaa@hostname.mydomain.com instead of aaa@mydomain.com. hostnam.mydomain.com is a qualified name of my linux box runing sendmail. Second, I configured a openwebmail on this linux box to allow users login from anywhere to manager their mails, and it works fine. However, all the out-going mails se...

Sendmail refuses to send mail
Hi, only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Thanks in advance! --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= ...

Configuring Sendmail for outbound mail only
Hello, and thanks for reading. The company I work for has setup a Fedora Core 4 box as a webserver. This server will be hosting a Flash game that uses a PHP connection to a MySQL database. The server is properly configured for SSL. When someone plays and wins the Flash game, an email is generated. Everything upto the email works. The Flash game uses the "mail" command and has been tested on another Linux box. The problem seems to be Sendmail. (or rather, it's configuration) The server will never need to receive mail - only send. It also does not resolve to a URL by design...

Configuring sendmail for mailing lists
Hey all, I am configuring a mail server for a group that needs to send out mail to some of their large mailing lists (I'm verifying that they are not spam lists), because their current service does not seem to cut it for them. What I would like to do is give them an easy way to compose the message in their own clients, and then send them via Certificate authenticated SMTP to the groups that they want. I think that they easiest way for them to do this would be to have a single alias to which they can mail their message, and have the server mail out to the rest of the addresses. I want to ...

send mail without.. sendmail ?
It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon running? Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more than I can handle as a part time admin. Thanks, bl8n8r bad_knee <bl8n8r@yahoo.com> wrote: > It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run > sen...

Sendmail Delay Sending Mail
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. Heres my problem. I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server needs to send a high volume of mail from php scripts. Previously I had my sendmail set to queue only and the scripts ran fast and the q went up quickly but the mail got sent. Something must have changed in the configuration or somewhere on the server as now when I run the scripts they take up to a minute to return the mail status to the script so the volume of mail i can send is ridiculously slow. I have checked the following: Timeout.ident=0 TryNullMXList=True An NSLookup on my server returns an answer immdiately but i do not via a local DNS server. I have Bind DNS installed on the server but it just contains information for the local domains running on this server. My mailog does not appear to be showing any errors and i have the loglevel on 9. Will someone please help a poor struggling developer whos going round in circles on the FAQs and news groups whilst loosing money poor volume of mail being sent! Thanks Panksy Cathy wrote: > Hi, I hope someone can help me. > > I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in > sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. > > Heres my problem. > > I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server > needs ...

Problem to send out the mails with SENDMAIL
Hi, am using RedHat 9 and sendmail. I can send mail to internal box of the same Linux station. a have problem to send mail out of office by using another smtp server of company wich is connected to internet. my DNS configuration work fine. I can ping my smtp server and connect to smtp port (all work fine) I think that a problem is around "sendmail.cf" or "sendmail.mc" The sendmail log file informe that the messages sended are queued. I am using command line to test (mail) you can find my configuration file bellow : can somone help me ? Thanks a lot for your help @ns +...

configuring sendmail to recieve mail
Hi, I've installed irix 6.5.18F and want to configure sendmail so it will recieve mail. I've punched port 25 through my firewall and all should be working but it's not. I can send mail from my indy to my work account but it won't recieve it :( Any idea what I need to configure? ********************* Khalid Schofield System Administrator / EM Technician Dept. Of Materials University Of Oxford Parks Road Oxford OX1 3PH Email: khalid.schofield@materials.ox.ac.uk Tel: 01865 273785 Fax: 01865 283333 Web: http://www-em.materials.ox.ac.uk/people/schofield/index.html GNU Humour 'Technical Thug' http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/know.your.sysadmin.html ooooo ooo o8o `888' `8' `"' 888 8 ooo. .oo. oooo oooo ooo 888 8 `888P"Y88b `888 `88b..8P' 888 8 888 888 888 Y888' `88. .8' 888 888 888 .o8"'88b `YbodP' o888o o888o o888o o88' 888o http://www.unix.org/ Khalid Schofield wrote: > Hi, > I've installed irix 6.5.18F and want to configure sendmail so it will > recieve mail. I've punched port 25 through my firewall and all should be > working but it's not. > > I can send mail from my indy to my work account but it won't recieve it :( > Any idea what I need to configure? > Read about this in the book before, check your maillog see if it says reject=550 and relay denied, if so, you n...

Sendmail not sending mails immediately
Hello, We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails and we would like those mails to be sent immediately. Currently there are sitting in the queue a few minutes and then they get sent. I didn't configure anything differently no that box. And sendmail is running as the following: root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m My question now is: how do I configure sendmail to send immediately mails ? Regards > root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m > smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m Replace -q15m with -q1s Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. I should add that -q1s implies that sendmail will process the mail queue every single second... so it's unnecessary overhead. I suggest you try with -q1m so it's once every minute... it's not too bad, but it could still be too much overhead for your system. Try to find a compromise between response times and overhead. I suggest you read the sendmail manual page for further information about the command line options... Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. Syn <syn_NOSPAM_uw@hotmail.com> writes: >We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails an...

Configure sendmail for outgoing mail
I have cron set up to send me the output of a particular command, but it only gets "e-mailed" to root on the system. I want to configure sendmail (unless there is a much simpler way) so that cron will be able to send an e-mail to a real e-mail address. So I just want to know how to set up Linux to send outgoing mail; I'm not interested in a full mail server. Can anyone help? On 2005-04-20, robbie <roberto.quesada@gmail.com> wrote: > I have cron set up to send me the output of a particular command, but > it only gets "e-mailed" to root on the system. I want to configure > sendmail (unless there is a much simpler way) so that cron will be able Just install sendmail, the plain installation is enough, then set an alias for root that forward mail to the real address. That's it. Davide -- Q: What does the CE in Windows CE stand for? A: Caveat Emptor. I set up the alias but I get an "undeliverable" message in the system mailbox regarding the external address. Do I have to do something somewhere else to get Linux to recognize external e-mail addresses? As you may have guessed, I have no idea what I'm doing. robbie wrote: > I set up the alias but I get an "undeliverable" message in the system > mailbox regarding the external address. Do I have to do something > somewhere else to get Linux to recognize external e-mail addresses? As > you may have guessed, I have no idea ...

sendmail patch overwrites /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
Beware: just installed patch 122857-02 (would be 122856 on SPARC) on my machine. Why does this patch overwrite my (custom) /etc/mail/sendmail.cf? This file is marked in the /var/sadm/install/contents database as "e" so should be left alone during patch installation. At least a notice in the patch README would have been nice, but this file just contains useless NOTEs most of the time. Better leave the sendmail.cf alone if it has been changed from the installed one (can be simply checked with the checksum in /var/sadm/install/contents) -- Daniel On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Daniel Rock...

Mail::Sendmail cannot connect to localhost but the mail command can
Hello, I have a script that uses Mail::Sendmail, this script works just fine in 4 different boxes (RedHat and Solaris). Nevertheless, there is this Solaris machine where it doesn't work, and this is the error I get in the $Mail::Sendmail::error variable: connect to localhost failed (Connection refused) The thing that puzzles me, is that in the same machine, the mail command works just fine. <snipet> 39 sfx@et2:ver_2> mail andres@monroy.com testing .. </snipet> As far as I know, mail tries to send emails via the localhost SMTP just as Mail::Sendmail does. I also tried c...

Web resources about - How to configure sendmail to send mails - comp.mail.sendmail

configure script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Configure script is an executable script designed to aid in developing a program to be run on a wide number of different computers. It matches ...

CloudNex correctly configures NetSuite for retailer
IT consultant and NetSuite solution provider, CloudNex has implemented a NetSuite configuration for local fashion designer and retailer, Briggins. ...

Cydia Tweak: How To Configure A Touch ID Grace Period For Your iPhone 5s
... Into A Paid Subscription , and Facebook’s Paper Launches In The App Store, Brings A More Elegant News Feed To iOS . Cydia Tweak: How To Configure ...

Configure - Apple
Get free shipping on iMac with Retina 5K display from the Apple Online Store. It packs 14.7 million pixels into its 27-inch display, and it features ...

Xcode Continuous Integration Guide: Configure Bots to Perform Continuous Integrations
Provides guidelines and examples for using Xcode continuous integration features.

Apple TV to get automatic "touch to configure" setup via Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 7
Apple appears to be using a novel device setup method to ease initial configuration of Apple TV under iOS 7, using an NFC-like touch without ...

Model brain with 2.5 million neurons configures itself to solve problems
Chris Eliasmith, et. al Over the last few years, the meteoric rise of computing power has allowed us to build ever-larger collections of model ...

Time to configure your McLaren 650S
Filed under: Car Buying , Convertible , Coupe , Performance , McLaren If you're like us, Friday afternoons are the bane of your existence - ...

Customize and configure your PC with Windows Tweaker 5.0
Windows is a highly configurable operating system, with hundreds of settings and options available. But taking full advantage of this can be ...