Include files in access file

Hi,

In /etc/aliases it is possible to use include files.  Does anyone know if
this is possible with the /etc/mail/access file?

Using the access file we only accept mail for certain users and reject the
rest of the domain.  Obviously maintaining a single user list would be
preferable across the three MX servers we run.  If I could break the
access file into single include files for each domain then it would make
things much more easy to manage.

I did write a Perl script which concatenated include files into one access
file and then SCP'ed this to other servers but this is not ideal as at
least one of the fallback servers runs its own distinct mail domains too.

It would be nice to edit an include file on the main MX and then
distribute this using SCP/SSH so that the other servers just need to run
makemap with the new include file.

Thanks for any ideas or help,

Noel
0
news2257 (2)

Noel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In /etc/aliases it is possible to use include files.

in /etc/aliases include files are used for aliases that deliver to
multiple people.

At runtime, the file is included one recipient per line.

This is not what you are referring to.

>  Does anyone know if
> this is possible with the /etc/mail/access file?

the access file gets compiled into a map database.

All you have to do is use a script that concatenates all the files
together and compiles the result into a database.

But you wouldnt be using an include directive for that.

something like

============cut here============
#!/bin/sh

cd /etc/mail || exit 1
cat access.1 access.2 access.3 > access.tmp

makemap has access < access.tmp

============cut here============

0
jmaimon (679)
10/9/2006 2:59:02 PM
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, jmaimon@ttec.com wrote:

> [...]
> But you wouldnt be using an include directive for that.
>
> something like
>
> ============cut here============
> #!/bin/sh
>
> cd /etc/mail || exit 1
> cat access.1 access.2 access.3 > access.tmp
>
> makemap has access < access.tmp
>
> ============cut here============

FOr more complicated things - like duplicate elimination and/or cidr
expansion - use the m4 macro processor and pipe its outpt into the
makemap program...

Best regards
    Henning Hucke
--
Don't be overly suspicious where it's not warranted.
0

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local alias which is redirected to /dev/null. This solution is also unmanageable in the long run. Therefore I turn to you for guidance and information on how to find a solution for the spam problem on my server. Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :) Thx, /Timo_S On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:03:08 +0300 Timo_S wrote: > I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running > Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient > but not manageable in the long run. > > The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but > it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for > information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the > ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the > /etc/mail/access file. What do these "bad scripts" do...

include files for compressing file
This question may be a bit off-topic for this forum, but I'm hoping someone here knows a solution. In order to avoid duplicate files on my machine, I keep all images in an image directory. My latex settings point to this directory for any image references. This works fine for most things. However, sometimes I want to share a complicated document (multiple files and directories) with a colleague by zipping the whole thing together. This, however, does not contain the referenced images. What kind of solutions do other people use for this kind of problem? (I use emacs, if that makes a difference.) thanks. knubee <knubee@gmail.com> writes: > What kind of solutions do other people use for this kind of problem? > (I use emacs, if that makes a difference.) I use the same approach; in the directory where the LaTeX file lives, I have a soft link to the actual file. When I need to send/archive all the related files, I create a tar archive with the -h command line option (that means "don't dump symlinks; dump the files they point to"). What makes a difference here is not the editor (emacs) but the operating system (Unix). -- Maurizio Loreti http://www.pd.infn.it/~loreti/mlo.html Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Padova, Italy ROT13: ybergv@cq.vasa.vg knubee <knubee@gmail.com> wrote: > In order to avoid duplicate files on my machine, I keep all images in > an image directory. My latex settings point to th...

File properties on file access
in simple words i want to have a Visual Basic 6 code so that when a file of specific extension is run]...for example a text file...or a microsoft word file...]...i get to notice in a LOG and read the properties. ---- Extended explanation: i need to monitor AUTOCAD file execution on a single file...[no databse plz..only text or csv ourputs]..so that i know if a file was NEWLY CREATED, MOVED, RENAMED,MODIFIED, ACCESSED. The autocad file extension is "*.dwg" ...

file extention from file file location
Hi, I am new to perl (only working on this one problem) but I program in other languages. We have an upload script written in cgi. Can anyone tell me how to get the file extension from the variable $File1 (actual file location on uploader's computer) then find out if it is equal to "txt" Thanks in advance for not telling me to read the manual. Ron -- PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are NOT the originators of the articles and are NOT responsible for their content. HOW TO POST to co...

How to create PC File Description File(.FDF) for Client Access file transfer utility?
Hello Friends, I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF) that we give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF file and how can i create one to describe my PC file that is to be transfered? I would be grateful if you can guide me to some manual in which i can get this. Thanks in Advance for yr help in this regard. kind regards, Umer Assuming the file exists on the as400, use CA to download the file first and select create FDF option. If not, download any file and select FDF and look at its definition. I remember it being pretty basic, but I can't recall the exact syntax. On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:25:14 -0800, Umer wrote: > Hello Friends, > I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF) > that we give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while > transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF > file and how can i create one to describe my PC file that is to be > transfered? I would be grateful if you can guide me to some manual in > which i can get this. > Thanks in Advance for yr help in this regard. > > kind regards, > Umer > "Umer" wrote: > I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF) > that we give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while > transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF > f...

cannot delete file
cannot delete file - http://LongPathTool.com can fix it Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copy...

cannot delete file
cannot delete file - http://LongPathTool.com can fix it Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copy...

Iteration through File.file? misses entries for which File.file?(entry) == true
Hello everyone, I'm new to Ruby, so I'm most likely making an elementary mistake. However, searching Google didn't help me find my answer, and after mucking around with irb I still haven't figured it out. I wrote a method that was intended to take all of the files in a given directory and put them into an array. Here's the code I wrote: def getFiles(dir) pwdFiles = Array.new Dir.foreach(dir) do |entry| pwdFiles.push(entry) if File.file?(entry) == true end end This works fine when called on the working directory --- that is, getFile...

include js file in the javascript file
Dear Everyone, Is there any way to include the .js file in the javascript file? Say I have a javascript file called "dosomething.js" I add the following line in the file, but i can't call anyfunction from myscript.js What's the problem? <script src="myscript.js" type="text/javascript" > function DoSomething() { alert( "Do Something!!!" ); myscriptFunction( ); } Shinya Koizumi Windows Tips http://www.smartestdesign.com ( underconstruction ) I want to put on my website www.srananodokalender.com with ...

Header files included in header files
Hi all What does the group think of the practise of including one header file from inside another? I have some legacy code where this has been done, and it creates a dependency on a module (collection of files) which are not required, except for one header file's contents. I'd say 'No, header files should be included in the C source, not in another header', but I've always come across strong arguments for the latter. What do you think, and what is accepted practise? Thanks JS In article <cdl6fm$lmj$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se>, "John Smith" <...

multiple files using the same include file
I know I am searching using the wrong words because I can't seem to find a simple answer on this. Here's what I want to do. helper.inc <!php var $fileName2; class helper { function funcOne($fileName) { $fp = fopen($fileName,"r"); $fileName2 = $fileName; **do stuff with the file** } function getFileName() { return {$fileName2); } } ?> first.php <html> <?php require('helper.inc'); $helper_first = new helper(); $helper_first->funcOne("info.txt"); ***** Lay out page based on info.txt including link to second.php ***** ?> </html second.php <html> <? require('helper.inc'); $helper_second = new helper(); $fileUsedInFirst = $helper_second->getFileName(); ***** Lay out page based on info.txt including link to second.php ***** ?> </html> Hope that makes some sense. Basically I will have many pages like first.php that have the info file (info.txt) I want to use. I want to be able to grab that information and use it in second.php. I know I could pass it through the url but now that I have been trying to do this I want to see what point(s) I am missing. I know the constructor (I didn't include this in the example)is called each time so the var are being reset. And there is the whole scope thing but is there a way to preserve it for later use? It do...

How to open a file for binary access without creating an empty file if the file doesn't exist
I'd like to open a file for binary access Open "C:\Test\myfile.bin" For Binary Lock Read Write As #1 Unfortunately if the file does not exist an empty file is created (Visual Basic Documentation: If the file specified by pathname doesn't exist, it is created when a file is opened for Append, Binary, Output, or Random modes). Today before opening the file for binary access I check if the file exists. But I experienced situations where the file during the file check existed and just before the opening of the file it has been removed by another programm. Is there really no possibility to open a file for binary access only if the file exists and else to get an error message which I can handle with On Error? Hmm. That's an interesting question. Lookup the OpenFile API in MSDN. I think it does exactly what you want. Also, perhaps after (inadvertantly) creating the file using VB's Open statement you can test for LOF(). If it's zero you probably created the file, no? Additional I doubt that anything could happen to the file between Psuedocode: If MyFileExists Then OpenMyFile The operation most likely takes places in the same clock cycle. Though, I guess, VB's Dir$ (for some reason) is pretty slow and might not. Try FindFirstFile API instead... it's super-fast. "Stefan Mueller" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:cahk91$sd$1@news.eusc.inter.net... > I'd like to open a file for binary access > Open &qu...

Sendmail and access file
Hi, I have been trying to implement some new security level to lower the spam and the number of user unknow on my relay. What i was looking forward to achive was deny every mail on the relay and then permit only valid e-mail address via the access file. So far i got no result on doing this. I was hoping to be able to do this with OK (accept e-mail even if other rules in the current ruleset would reject it.) but so far it not working properly. Example 1 : mydomain RELAY mydomain REJECT user@mydomain OK Example 2 : mydomain RELAY user@mydomain OK mydomain REJECT In those to example user@mydomain are rejected. Any example would be welcome. Regards Cedric Cedric Tardif wrote: > Hi, > > I have been trying to implement some new security level to lower the > spam and the number of user unknow on my relay. Here are some approaches to this. * Use ldap routing see cf/README +--------------+ | LDAP ROUTING | +--------------+ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/ldap_routing.html * Use virtusertable with undocumented feature and an entry for each valid user and a catchall entry that @domain.com error:nouser _VIRTUSER_STOP_ONE_LEVEL_RECURSION_ * Use virtusertable with a RHS of "!" for each valid user and a catchall entry that @domain.com error:nouser * Use access db with undocumented feature define(`_RELAY_FULL_ADDR_', `1') To:u...@example.com RELAY To:u...@example.com RELAY (and just don't add the "bare"...

is it possible to extract Calendar Appointments from an exchange mail file, and import them into a Notes Mail File.
is it possible to extract Calendar Appointments from an exchange mail file, and import them into a Notes Mail File. ...

object files, header files, source files?
I can't find any books describing the anatomy of C/C++ programs. What is an object file? Can it be generated from a header file?, what is linking?, why does a source file need an object file? etc. I have looked in The C programming Language, The C++ Programming Language, Accelerated C++, GNU make etc but they don't describe these basic subject. Any literature that covers these subjects? saneman wrote: > I can't find any books describing the anatomy of C/C++ programs. What is > an object file? Can it be generated from a header file?, what is > linking?, why does a s...

How to enable Mail Directory instead of Mail File in Sendmail/Procmail?
Hi, Again a newbie question. I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in seperate file). thanks Rohit. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com> writes: > Again a newbie question. > > I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to > know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each > mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in > seperate file). > > thanks You can easily change it in per user ~user/.procmailrc or global /etc/procmailrc http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section4.html#4.3 Q4.3 -- How can I get sendmail to deliver local mail to $HOME/.mail instead of into /usr/spool/mail (or /usr/mail)? -- [en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/ Netcraft Site Rank: 462490 Thanks for replying Andrzej. But, this does not answer my question. I want mails in my inbox to be deposited in the Mail Directory and not mail file. For Example, I want to specify each mail to the mailbox is stored as independent file. So, if I have 5 mails for me then there are 5 files in my mail directory. I am looking for either system wide or mailbox size setting. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com>...

write file + input file + write file
Hi, I want to write some latex command to a file (file1), input the file at the end of the document. These command shall write to another file (file2) and at a second run I use the file2. Whatever I have tried nothing works and I don't known why. The goal is to save a set of special commands and run them at the end of the document, because they use some values which are only available at the end! Can anybody please help me with that? Thanks in advance! I should be something like: \begin{document} \usepackage{style} \input{file2} %file exists from a previous run \end{document} style.sty: \newwrite\fileone \openout\fileone=file1.out \newwrite\filetwo \openout\filetwo=file2.out \newcommand{\writetofiletwo}[1]{% \write\filetwo{#1}% } \newcommand{\writetofileone}[1]{% \write\fileone{\writetofiletwo{some text}}% } \AtEndDocument{\closeout\fileone% \input{file1}% \closeout\filetwo% } Problem solved :-) \immediate\closeout before \input was required. greenux wrote: > Hi, > I want to write some latex command to a file (file1), input the file > at the end of the document. These command shall write to another file > (file2) and at a second run I use the file2. > Whatever I have tried nothing works and I don't known why. The goal is > to save a set of special commands and run them at the end of the > document, because they use some values which are only available at the > end! > Can anybody please help me with that? > Thanks in advance! &...

error says can't see include file, yet executes some code on include file
Hi guys, I need some urgent help here please: I am using an include_once() command to include a file that sits a level above the file view.php. when the code is run, I have an error as follows: Warning: include_once(../common.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\.. \view.php on line 2 Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../ common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\Program Files\xampp\php \pear\') in C:\Program Files\...\view.php on line 2 The include command is simply: include_once(../common.php) - the '../' before the 'common.php' to indicate a level above the current file level. Is this right? I could not find a resource to confirm this. The strange thing is that while the error seems to imply that the calling file, view.php cannot 'see' the common.php file, other functions called from the 'common.php' file executes correctly and on the same calling file/page (view.php). Appears to the a double take - quite confusing - a PHP newbie and I'd appreciate your prompt response, thanks PI wrote: > Hi guys, I need some urgent help here please: > I am using an include_once() command to include a file that sits a > level above the file view.php. when the code is run, I have an error > as follows: > > Warning: include_once(../common.php) [function.include-once]: failed > to open stream: No such file or directory in ...

How do I setup Executable Files for Remote Access via the labview application that created the exe file or web access???
I've become quite confused with all of the details about in the Web Publishing Tool.&nbsp; I've created the executable files and run-time installer&nbsp;on my laptop where the LV 8.2 Developer Suite is installed but the finished 'www' file&nbsp;contains a URL that points to my network server conection on the client side of the firewall.&nbsp;&nbsp;That doesn't&nbsp;make&nbsp;sense for it to be that way in the field.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm going to copy all of the executable files created from my project over to 11 other laptops in a lab 20 miles away, each with it's own static IP address.&nbsp; How will I be able to access them from my laptop at my desk if they have the&nbsp;URL that was copied by LV while my laptop was connected to the network is not accessible from the remote location?&nbsp; Access to that address is forbidden outside of the proxy server. &nbsp; My remote laptops are going to be running three&nbsp;vi files&nbsp;simultaneously from files with different names that I created from a copy of FTM1-Cntl1.vi.&nbsp; The files are&nbsp;named FTM-Cntl1.vi, FTM1-Cntl2_2.vi and FTM1-Cntl3_2.vi.&nbsp; This is an important feature that will make it possible for me to use each instance of the vi simultaneously.&nbsp; But here's where the confusion really increases - how should I be configuring the Tools:Options&nbsp;for each of the vi files before I create executable fil...

How to include an HTML file within an HTML file?
-Without using frames. -- .............................................................................. Chase after truth like hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat-tails. -Clarence Darrow .............................................................................. dswan@m3m3t1ccand1ru.com http://www.memeticcandiru.com <$kr1p7_k177y@salmahayeksknockers.edu> wrote: > How to include an HTML file within an HTML file? > -Without using frames. S...

notepad file to ms-access compatible file
Hi, I am having lots of records in *.txt format. I want to extract some of data from notepad file and arrange it in a tabular form, so i can use it in MS-Access. I just want to know will i be able to do it directly in MS-Access, or I need some program at backhand. And if I need a program can anyone suggest which language will be better. As I have not use MS-Access i don't any idea about features of MS Access. ok bye You can do this directly in Access. If the file is pretty much in a tabular layout, this will be easy. However, there maybe "clutter" in your txt file. I would start with the import wizard and set it up for the section(s) of the file that you want. You can save that profile and repeat the process in the future. Good luck. hey thanks, can u suggest some good book for MS-Access. i have never use ms-access. I took an intro to MS-Access course back in 1996. Now I am certified my Microsoft. MS-Access for dummys is good in respect that it takes you through the basics. Once you get pretty good at it, you'll find that book pretty useless. Que books are very good. However, they give you LOTS of detail about a particular subject even if you are not interested in all that detail. They tend to be very wordy as well. You might also want to look for book buy Thompson course technology maps to MOS. MOS = http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/officespecialist/requirements.asp ...

Access an MDB file from another MDB file
Hi, I have 2 MDB files (databases) in one folder - say A.mdb and B.mdb. Database A.mdb has my tables and queries and macros. The forms are in database B.mdb. I want to click a button on this form and run a macro from database A.mdb. How do I do it ? Thanks & Regards, Amey Gupte MS in Management Information Systems Mays Business School Texas A&M University. amey.gupte@gmail.com wrote: > I want to click a button on this form and run a macro > from database A.mdb. How do I do it ? Link to the tables in A.mdb (back end) from B.mdb (front end), giving these linked table names the same names as the originals. Import the queries and macros from A.mdb to B.mdb. In your button's click event paste this: DoCmd.RunMacro "MacroName" -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200610/1 The following code will get you where you need: Sub RunRemoteMacro() Dim acc As New Access.Application acc.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\db1.mdb") 'If you want to see the application, show this ' acc.Visible = True acc.DoCmd.RunMacro "macro1" acc.Quit Set acc = Nothing End Sub You could put the code in the OnClick event of the button you want. Chris Nebinger amey.gupte@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > I have 2 MDB files (databases) in one folder - say A.mdb and B.mdb. > Database A.mdb has my tables and queries and macros...

How to include a standalone executable file in M-file
Just a newbie for matlab, so... Actually, I want to make a demo .m file and I will use another standalone executable file in the demo thus how can I add this executable file in my .m file? I just use executable file in the .m file. However, it is not effective. Is is necessary to do other staffs. for example, compile the whole again. Quite confused~~ Thank you Regards, Lindbergh By include, do you mean that you want to call the executable from matlab? The ! operator can be used for that - make sure the path is set to the correct directory. SS Srikanth wrote: > By include, do you me...

How to include a text file in my executable JAR file?
Hi: My Java program needs to access a text file(in fact, the Java code will use Linux System command "cp" to copy this text file to a destination folder during running). Suppose this is my Java program HelloWorld.java: package aa.bb.cc; public class HelloWorld { ... public static void main(final String[] args) { final URL myUrl = this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("namelist.txt"); final File nameFile = new File(myUrl.getPath()); if(windowlayoutFile.exists() == false) { System.out.println...

Web resources about - Include files in access file - comp.mail.sendmail

Wikipedia talk:Do not include the full text of lengthy primary sources - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
"Do not include copies of primary sources (specifically: text, maps, artworks and other useful images) in Wikipedia. If it is a large source, ...

Bing Redesign Includes Social Sidebar Column With More Facebook Integration
Microsoft introduced an update to its Bing search engine today that includes a sidebar column containing related information from users’ Facebook ...

Travis Kalanick - I thought I'd include a FB post I just... - Facebook
I thought I'd include a FB post I just did responding to a concern that Uber's SF service was decreasing in quality. _________________________ Hey... ...

Facebook News Feed changes include improvements for app developers
... is how much bigger stories and photos appear in the feed. The example below is full size. Then there’s the redesigned games feed, which includes ...

Space Station cargo launch successful; supplies include robotic gripper
Fresh supplies shipped out late Tuesday for the International Space Station, where the shelves finally are getting full after a string of failed ...

Liberal budget includes billions in new spending for Aboriginal Peoples
The Daily Courier (subscription) Liberal budget includes billions in new spending for Aboriginal Peoples The Daily Courier (subscription) ...

9.7 inch iPad Pro includes 2 GB RAM, slightly slower CPU than 12.9 inch iPad Pro
Although the new 9.7 inch iPad Pro is superior to the 2015 12 inch iteration in some regards, including better cameras and display, it appears ...

McDonald's Strategy May Include a Simplifying Slogan
McDonald's filed a trademark application for the phrase "The Simpler the Better" in early March. But there are no signs yet of what plans the ...

Malcolm Turnbull's inner circle does not appear to include Scott Morrison
The tensions are obvious between the Prime Minister and his Treasurer – and there may be more to come.

WhatsApp testing text formatting to include bold and italics in messages
The latest beta release of WhatsApp features some basic text formatting options including bold and italics. While features in beta versions of ...