Mail address only allowed for specific mail addresses

Hi,

We have a normal mailgroup with a list of e-mail addresses which is
configured with the normal :include:/path/to/textfile statement in the
alias file. Now we want to restrict the list to the mailaddresses in the
textfile.

is this possible and if, are there some example rules for that?

Thanks Oli

0
news3013 (55)

Oliver Rahn  wrote:

> We have a normal mailgroup with a list of e-mail addresses which is
> configured with the normal :include:/path/to/textfile statement in the
> alias file. Now we want to restrict the list to the mailaddresses in the
> textfile.

See

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/protected.html

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

change mail address in mail client
Hi, I try to change my mail address on default mail client on Solaris 8. Is it possible, Rgds, Vincent ...

Rejecting mail address to mail gateway
I have a mail gateway that accepts mail for a number of domains. The gateway handles incoming email only. Outgoing mail is delivered via a separate system. I've recently started to receive spam addressed to and in some cases from, users on the gateway. The gateway has no valid users. How can I stop sendmail 8.13 accepting mail addressed to the (non existant) gateway but still allow the gateway to accept mail to the doamin? Regards ER Hi snowyskiesau, I am likewise trying to limit the access to my mail gateway, and have accomplished some results. For your problem, if you are acceptin...

Need auto-mailer software
OK, here is what I'm looking to do... I have an intranet database and basically I'd like to be able to click on a mailing list I have, and have it send that list of e-mails, along with HTML that will be in the mailer, and a subject, to an address that will process those addresses and send out the mailer automatically. Or if there is some web-based solution that will allow me to submit a form w/ a text file attachment of addresses, the HTML source, and subject, that'll work too... Any thoughts? On 12 Sep 2003 12:38:24 -0700, Andy Milk <amilk@catalyst-i.com> wrote: > &g...

Mails from postmaster address to mailing list are lost
I have been using Mercury/32 with a domain mailbox for several years with very few problems. I currently use v3.31 (but my problem is also present with v3.32). But I have this problem: if the term 'postmaster' is part of the mail address of a mail sent to one of my mailing lists, the mail is never delivered. For example, if a mail from 'postmaster@somedomain.com' is sent to mailing list 'ml@mydomain.com', the mail is never delivered. The problem persists even if the from address is changed to 'postmaster42@somedomain.com'. If the from address is ch...

no valid mail address from the originator in a forwarded mail
Hi, in a forwarded mail there should look similar like this: --- forwarded from .....---- From: <originator@domain.com> #<! valid mail address To: <....> Date: Subject ----------------------------- Section. We have the Problem that the To field only shows the Full Name of the originator an no valid @ mail address, so that the receiver of a forwarded mail is never able to send am mail to the originator. in other Domino Networks with the same Versions 8.5.3 we do not have this Problem (always valid mail addresses). How can i change that? ...

Please unregister this mail-address out of mailing-list.
Dear Python Staff, I am writing this letter to unsubscribe this mail-address from python mail-list. One problem is that this python community is so active that I always lost myself to find my business emails. So, I want to quit this mail-address from you, and want to set up a specific mail-box to receive all python mails. Since could find a way to unsubscribe the mails, I need to write this letter to you. Please help. BTW, python is indeed great, thank you all for any supports. Hank. ...

Importing Mail/Address book to Eudora from Mail app
As per the header. What I can't seem to do is using the Import command from within Eudora is to import the contents of my Mac Address Book into Eudora. Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2 lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in Mail. Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1? I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC. Thank you, Peter P.S. Please note that the e-mail address given is a spam trap. My correct e-mail address is peterNOSPAM@pfjames.NOTHANKS.co.uk Remove the obvious to reply -- He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. P.G. Wodehouse 1881 -1975 Peter James <pfjames2000@googlemail.com> wrote: > As per the header. What I can't seem to do is using the Import command > from within Eudora is to import the contents of my Mac Address Book into > Eudora. You can't import the contents into Eudora, but you can use Address Book in addition to Eudora's own address book. Go to Special | Settings | Address Book and check the box for Show OS X Address Book. > Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2 > lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in > Mail. Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1? > I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC. I'm assuming that there may be some over...

Send e-mail from AIX to external e-mail address
I would like to be able to e-mail a log file from my AIX server to an external e-mail address. I'm using the mail command and it works fine if i send a e-mail to someone on the company's exchange server, but if I try to send an e-mail to someone outside the company it says host unknown. Is there something I need to set-up to make this work? I have a similar system set-up on my NT server where I am using the open source program sendemail. It works fine and it is easy to use. It is just an executable and you can add parameters like the name of our mail relay server. Can I get a sim...

Mail-Followup-To header set for non-mailing-list addresses
So, I send an email out to a bunch of people (10-15, maybe), and mutt decides it should create a Mail-Followup-To header with every one of those addresses in it. Now, as I understand it, mutt should only be doing that for mailing lists that I've specified using "subscribe" or "lists". None of these addresses seem to match any of my lists, and even if by some strange chance I missed one that did, I wouldn't expect it to put every address, regardless of matching a list into the M-F-T header. This is unfortunate, as it leads to some people responding to *everyone*. Not good. Any ideas what I'm missing/what mutt's doing wrong? Thanks. dha -- David H. Adler - <dha@panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/ The reader knows all your tricks by now, or thinks he/she does. You've been pulling doves out of your hat for 243 pages. Now you'd damned well better be able to pull out an alligator. - J. Michael Straczynski Hello David, On Monday, September 25, 2006 at 5:16:39 +0000, David H. Adler wrote: > None of these addresses seem to match any of my lists, and even if by > some strange chance I missed one that did, I wouldn't expect it to put > every address, regardless of matching a list into the M-F-T header. If A mails to B and C, where C is a mailing list, Mutt sets MFT:ABC (or MFT:BC if subscribed). Makes full sense, and is the intended design. The most probable explana...

Send mail script step
I have a file CLASSES with the classes of a school and a file STUDENTS with the students of the shool. The two files are related with the Class_ID field. I have a layout with the data from one record of the CLASS file and a portal showing all the students in that class. I want to use a script to sent e-mails to all the students in that class (assuming that there is a e-mail address field in students file). If I use the "Use all Recordn in found set" flag the mail is sent to all the studends of the school and not only to the students of that class. If I use "Use the current rec...

Want to scan pine mail folders for e-mail addresses ... Tips?
A friend's friend suggested this: << this is how i'd do it. output is a sorted, unique list of email addresses in all files in that folder. grep -ho -E "\b[A-Za-z.%+-]+@[A-Za-z.-]+\.[A-Za-z]{2,4}\b" * | sort | uniq >> Tried that and got grep: invalid option -- o Took out the 'o' and got this, which is a start, but not perfect. | sort | uniq for <name@www.alvord.com>; Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:09:26 -0800 for <name@www.alvord.com>; Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:17:41 -0800 for name@alvord.com; for <name@alvord.com>; Fri, 21 Mar 2...

Hiding e-mail address or using other address
How do I hide my e-mail address? I tried to use my Yahoo address but I can't send e-mail from Mt-newswatcher. a problem with Yahoo server. -- Uncle Bob,Composer/Artist/ Muller Marine Annapolis MD. U.S.A. http://www.toad.net/~crm/ http://uncle808us.mindsay.com In article <crm-6CE351.09355221042004@news.abs.net>, iBob <crm@toady.net> wrote: > How do I hide my e-mail address? I tried to use my Yahoo address but I > can't send e-mail from Mt-newswatcher. a problem with Yahoo server. Never mind I figured it out.. -- Uncle Bob,Composer/Artist/ Muller Marine A...

Force MAIL FROM address to match AUTH address
Good day everyone. I'm having a problem that I hope someone can help with b= ecause I have been banging my head against a wall for 2 days. I have many e= mail domains on my sendmail server. I'm having a problem with people purcha= sing hosting accounts from me and then using those accounts to send out spa= m from my server. What they are doing is authenticating as their valid emai= l address that they receive with their hosting package, but then they are c= hanging the MAIL FROM address to make it look like the email being sent fro= m a different address. Does anyone know how I ...

Selecting from address based on the address the mail was sent to.
I would like to switch to Pegasus, but there’s one thing I wonder about: I get mail sent to different addresses. When I reply I would like the program to use the same from address as the mail was sent to. If the mail was sent to “primary@mydomain.com” I would like the “primary” identity to be chosen when I reply and “work@mydomain.com” to be the from address. Likewise if I reply to mail sent to “alternate@mydomain,com”. Will this work in Pegasus? It does in other mailers I have used (Opera M2. Eudora and The Bat!) in the past, but I am not able to find out if Pegasus can ...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

mail addresses
Suppose I have an email.Message object. I can extract the sender by using ["From"]. However sometimes I get addresses in the form John Doe <john.doe@somedomain.com> sometimes I get addresses in the form jane.doe@someotherdomain.org Is there a standard way to normalize the addresses? It is only the second form that I am interested in. TIA, Michele Simionato Michele Simionato wrote: > Suppose I have an email.Message object. > I can extract the sender by using ["From"]. However sometimes I > get addresses in the form &...

How to block a specific e-mail address?
My website has a mail form run by PHP, and I'm getting a lot of e-mails sent through it that appear to contain my website's domain after the '@', though I didn't send them. The e-mails contain no other content, so I assume it's some kind of spam bot. There must be a line of PHP that I can add that will basically say, "if the e-mail address contains '@mydomainname.com', do not send." I tried looking at php.net, but I can only find scripts that check if the address is a valid one, which isn't good enough. I need to be able to block a certain e-ma...

deliver all local mail to a specific address
Hello, I was attempting to configure an aix 5.1 machine to forward all local mail to a specific email address. How is this possible? -Adam On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:10:34 GMT, ashelley@inlandkwpp.com wrote: >Hello, > >I was attempting to configure an aix 5.1 machine to forward all local >mail to a specific email address. How is this possible? > >-Adam I have setup a sendmail.cf with DS<mailserver> so it can already deliver non local mail to a specific address. I figure it might have something to do with the aliases file but i'm not sure. -Adam ashelley@inla...

help: how do I delete a specific mail from the mail queue?
I'm using sendmail 8 on RH9. I want to delete a specific mail from the mail queue. Is there not a simple way to do this? I can't seem to find the info anywhere. I am not using Postfix btw, and I only seem to be able to find a postfix command to do this but that doesn't work. Thanks in advance. Regards, Tobias Skytte Tobias Skytte wrote: > I'm using sendmail 8 on RH9. I want to delete a specific mail from the > mail queue. Is there not a simple way to do this? I can't seem to find There is no simple way because mail is not supposed to be deleted while in transit. I...

How configure sendmail for accepting mail for ANY rcpt address
I want configure sendmail for accepting mails which are from any sender address (anyuser@anydomain) and for any recipient addresses ( again, anyuser@anydomain), and delivering them to one local account. Reccomended practice for virtual domains probably isn't working - - I can create catch-all entry in a virtusertable for one destination domain, but how make entry for catch *all* destination domains? Is there any trick for this? Thank, Fr. Hanzlik Franta Hanzlik <franta@hanzlici.cz> wrote: > I want configure sendmail for accepting mails which are from any sender &g...

Web resources about - Mail address only allowed for specific mail addresses - comp.mail.sendmail

Postal addresses in the Republic of Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ireland is one of the few countries in the world, and the only EU country, that does not have a Postal code system. As of 2012, the Irish Government ...

New Beta Version Of Facebook For Android Addresses Several Bugs
Facebook announced the release of an updated Facebook for Android beta version 3.5 in a post in the Facebook for Android Beta Testers group. ...

The Rewards and Risks of Facebook Developer Access to User Phone Numbers and Addresses
Facebook has begun allowing developers to ask users for their mobile phone number and home addresses in a move that will show the best and worst ...

IPCC Chair Addresses Summit on Climate Change - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Rajendra Pachauri, Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), addresses the opening plenary session of the Summit on Climate ...

Rev. Dr. William Barber, II addresses the NAACP, July 11, 2012 - YouTube
The Reverend Dr. William Barber, II addresses the Plenary Session of the NAACP Convention in Houston, Texas on July 11, 2012. His speech here ...

Full Video: Bernie Sanders addresses supporters in Michigan - Videos - CBS News
Bernie Sanders picked up projected victories in Nebraska and Kansas on Super Saturday. He addressed his supporters in Michigan, which will be ...

Cauley-Stein addresses playing time, cites 'excuse' by coaches
Skip to main content CSN Bay Area Header links TV Listings Contact App Email Follow Bar RSN login or register Login Search form Search 53° Navigation ...

Pope Francis Addresses ‘Arab Invasion’ Of Europe
Pope Francis Addresses ‘Arab Invasion’ Of Europe

O.J. Simpson Case: LAPD News Conference Addresses Possible New Evidence; No Mention Of FX Series
Los Angeles police just held a news conference to address reports that a knife was found at the site of O.J. Simpson ’s demolished former house ...

Marcia Clark Addresses Christopher Darden Romance Rumors
When ET caught up with Clark last September, the famed attorney confessed that she hopes American Crime Story will depict 'the truth' about her ...