mail queues for sendmail

Hi:

  Sorry if these questions sound a bit naive, but lets say you define 4 mai=
l queues (all in default group) q.1, q.2, q.3, q.4. Each are on different l=
ogical volumes. If one queue fills up and there is no room left will sendma=
il put the mail in a different queue? What is the processes here? Is it bet=
ter to have one logical volume and 4 different directories instead.

Thanks for your replies.
0
jerry

>   Sorry if these questions sound a bit naive, but lets say you define 4 mail queues (all in
> default group) q.1, q.2, q.3, q.4. Each are on different logical volumes. If one queue
> fills up and there is no room left will sendmail put the mail in a different queue? What is

sendmail will try to find a queue directory within the selected queue
group that has sufficient space.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous

mails sent by sendmail were treated as junk mail
Hi there, I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure it to work as my main mailserver which allow POP3 and SMTP connection from outside. My problem is that I cannot send out any mails which appears like sender: xxx@mydomain.com. If I send mail through terminal, my sent-out mail would looks like aaa@hostname.mydomain.com instead of aaa@mydomain.com. hostnam.mydomain.com is a qualified name of my linux box runing sendmail. Second, I configured a openwebmail on this linux box to allow users login from anywhere to manager their mails, and it works fine. However, all the out-going mails se...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because ...

How to analyse a mail in the sendmail queue
Hi all, I'm starting using sendmail on a Solaris platform. I was used to play with postfix, but now i have to managed sendmail servers. I have some issue with a mail which is not being delivered to a remote server because of remote technicals issues. I have to look into the mail to see which kind of attachments is has, to see how the mail looks like. In postfix, i used postcat command to see all details on a mail in queue. How do i do that with sendmail ? Is is possible ? As i see, there is deux files for a mail in the sendmail queue. Can you help me please ? Kind Regards, Farid. ...

Hello all, I am setting up a very secure Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server version 4 update 6 server. My sendmail version is 8.13.1. My mail server is a Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 with its patches. They are both on the same subnet. DNS is on and it will resolve the mail server's name and IP. SSH, SCP, SFTP, and such tools are the only networkable protocols on. NFS if off, MOUNTD is off, PORTMAP is off, and such. Until just recently sendmail was off on the RHEL server as part of the hardening procedure. However part of the auditing requirements is for a mail messag...

Mail::Sendmail cannot connect to localhost but the mail command can
Hello, I have a script that uses Mail::Sendmail, this script works just fine in 4 different boxes (RedHat and Solaris). Nevertheless, there is this Solaris machine where it doesn't work, and this is the error I get in the $Mail::Sendmail::error variable: connect to localhost failed (Connection refused) The thing that puzzles me, is that in the same machine, the mail command works just fine. <snipet> 39 sfx@et2:ver_2> mail andres@monroy.com testing .. </snipet> As far as I know, mail tries to send emails via the localhost SMTP just as Mail::Sendmail does. I also tried c...

sendmail patch overwrites /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
Beware: just installed patch 122857-02 (would be 122856 on SPARC) on my machine. Why does this patch overwrite my (custom) /etc/mail/sendmail.cf? This file is marked in the /var/sadm/install/contents database as "e" so should be left alone during patch installation. At least a notice in the patch README would have been nice, but this file just contains useless NOTEs most of the time. Better leave the sendmail.cf alone if it has been changed from the installed one (can be simply checked with the checksum in /var/sadm/install/contents) -- Daniel On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Daniel Rock...

How to enable Mail Directory instead of Mail File in Sendmail/Procmail?
Hi, Again a newbie question. I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in seperate file). thanks Rohit. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com> writes: > Again a newbie question. > > I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to > know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each > mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in > seperate fi...

Mail::Sendmail
perl doesn't like my return address. Does anyone know why? error message as follows-------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ perl mail_test.pl [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ Bad or missing From address: '' text of program follows---------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ vi mail_test.pl 1 #!/usr/bin/perl; 2 use Mail::Sendmail; 3 4 %mail = { To => "ccc31807\@yahoo.com", 5 From => "cartercc\@gmail.com", 6 Subject => 'Test of sendmail', 7 Message => "This is a test of sendmail"}; 8 9...

sendmail.sendmail?
I'm setting up a newly configured server from the hosting provider, and the sendmail file is in /usr/lib/sendmail.sendmail I'm not sure why sendmail.sendmail is repeating. Is there some configuration remaining or do I just need to rename the file to sendmail? Thanks Dan DeLion <noemail@northpole.nowhere> wrote: > I'm setting up a newly configured server from the hosting provider, and the > sendmail file is in > /usr/lib/sendmail.sendmail > I'm not sure why sendmail.sendmail is repeating. Is there some > configuration remaining or do I just need t...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local...

too many sendmail 8.12.11 sendmail and mail.local processes
I noticed over 7000 sendmail and mail.local processes that eventually exhausted the system's swap space. The system is a Solaris 8 box running sendmail 8.12.11. Also, sendmail.cf has MaxDaemonChildren=500 set. The problem occurred after the system received over 60,000 large email due to a misbehaved application. 1. Why would there be more than 500 sendmail processes? I noticed the parent process for most of the sendmail processes is 1 and mail.local were spawned by sendmail, of course. I have the default MaxQueueChildren value which is unlimited. I noted over 7,000 o...

unable to forward mail from 1 sendmail server to another sendmail server
Hi, i have a setup like this: box A ---> box B ---> sends to the world. sendmail, solaris 9. what is happening is as follows: Application on box A generates mail (for the users, who can be from anywhere) forwards it to box B which sends it out. The box A is forwarding mail to box B, only for the users of the domain, ie if there is a user is having a gmail id the mail is NOT forwarded from box A ----> box B. If i do a nslookup on gmail on box A it resolves properly. XXXXXX Message 2: >From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Oct 26 12:14:26 2005 Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) Fro...

Sendmail keeps on sending mails (but I emptied queue)
Hi. I want to remove Sendmail messages queue. I've deleted every files within '/var/spool/mqueue/' (it's empty), but when restarting Sendmail, it tries to send more and more messages. I empty this directory, but when restarting Sendmail I find more messages again. Does anybody know to stop this queue? Thank you very much. If I do []# sendmail -bp I get: ---------------- /var/spool/mqueue (1 request) -----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient----------- k1K9vHU4705137 32233 Mon Feb 20 02:57 <myaccount@mydomain.com> ...

Web resources about - mail queues for sendmail - comp.mail.sendmail

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Sendmail gets the message from hackers
An odd attack on a download server for the open-source software replaced every tenth copy of Sendmail with a Trojan horse, according to the Sendmail ...

Sendmail flaw puts systems at risk again
Systems running Sendmail are at risk of hacker attacks because of a flaw in the way the commonly used e-mail server software handles long e-mail ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

sanitizing environment variables for Bash ShellShock mitigation · 82cf481 · onlime/sendmail-wrapper · ...
sendmail-wrapper - A powerful sendmail wrapper to log and throttle emails sent by PHP

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...