Mailing list with Sendmail ?

Hi,

Is there a way, with Sendmail, to retrieve all email addressed received
into a TXT file for instance ?

That could help me for using this, for  mailing list....

how to configure it ?

Thanks
0
steve9557 (18)

On Mar 23, 9:06 am, Steve <st...@everybody.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way, with Sendmail, to retrieve all email addressed received
> into a TXT file for instance ?
>
> That could help me for using this, for  mailing list....
>
> how to configure it ?
>
> Thanks

check out
http://www.klake.org/sma/

protected mailing lists with sendmail
Hello I have a few lists set up in sendmail in the aliases file. Is there a trick to allow only members of the lists to send to the lists and leave all other addresses normally? thanks. On Feb 28, 6:03 am, "joe" <jcha...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello I have a few lists set up in sendmail in the aliases file. Is > there a trick to allow only members of the lists to send to the lists > and leave all other addresses normally? thanks. http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/protected.html http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/restrict.html http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rcptauthreq http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rcptauthsender.txt http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail Joe, On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, joe wrote: > Hello I have a few lists set up in sendmail in the aliases file. Is > there a trick to allow only members of the lists to send to the lists > and leave all other addresses normally? thanks. I suggest you use a real mailing list server, a quick, small, and fast and secure one I suggest is Ecartis, http://www.ecartis.org Very simple to install and use, ISC and freelsits use it, and it runs on a server gatewaying this newsgroup, plus countless others. The alias file is not really designed for what you want, Ecartis, mailman etc are. -- Cheers Res "We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.0703010842080.11531@ebfjryy.nhfvpf.arg> Res <res@ausics.net> writes: > >On Wed,...

Configuring sendmail for mailing lists
Hey all, I am configuring a mail server for a group that needs to send out mail to some of their large mailing lists (I'm verifying that they are not spam lists), because their current service does not seem to cut it for them. What I would like to do is give them an easy way to compose the message in their own clients, and then send them via Certificate authenticated SMTP to the groups that they want. I think that they easiest way for them to do this would be to have a single alias to which they can mail their message, and have the server mail out to the rest of the addresses. I want to avoid installing unnecessary software into my server, so I was wondering if there is a way of doing this with just Sendmail? The list is fairly static, so I don't need to have the ability to update the list quickly, I just need to be able to make it easy for the sender to mail things out. Does anyone have any recommendations? Sincerely, Aaron Hsu -- +++++++++++++++ ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x))) +++++++++++++++ Email: <arcfide@sacrideo.us> | WWW: <http://www.sacrideo.us> Scheme Programming is subtle; subtlety can be hard. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Aaron W. Hsu wrote: > Hey all, > > I am configuring a mail server for a group that needs to send out mail > to some of their large mailing lists (I'm verifying that they are not > spam lists), because their current service does not seem to cut it f...

sendmail simple mailing list problem
I have set up sendmail to use my ISP's outgoing mail server as a relay for mail from my server using the instructions I found here http://www.leo.org/~barner/freebsd/articles/mailsetup/article.html I use dyndns so that everyone can find myserver (as myserver.dyndns.net). I can send and receive mail on my server. I am also using a simple mailing list with about 15 subscribers that I set up using a mail alias (i.e. with the line 'mylist: : include:/usr/home/me/lists/mylist.txt') I can send mail to anyone on the list by sending mail to mylist@myserver.dyndns.net from any of my email accounts and from my account at my ISP (call it myaccount@myISP.com). Other users have also successfully sent mail to the list. However, a subset of the users also use my ISP and their mail to the list gets bounced by the ISP server. The error message in the bounced email is 553 You are not authorized to send mail as <otheruser@myisp.com> 501 5.6.0 Data format error So <myaccount@myisp.com> and <myotheraccount@mywork.com> can send mail to the list but not <otheruser@myisp.com>. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks Alan Alan Curtis wrote: > So <myaccount@myisp.com> and <myotheraccount@mywork.com> can send mail > to the list but not <otheruser@myisp.com>. > Any suggestions on how to fix this? Would it be an option to set up the mailinglist in the traditional not-just-a-single-alias style, in particular, rewriting the enve...

Mail::Sendmail
perl doesn't like my return address. Does anyone know why? error message as follows-------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ perl mail_test.pl [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ Bad or missing From address: '' text of program follows---------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ vi mail_test.pl 1 #!/usr/bin/perl; 2 use Mail::Sendmail; 3 4 %mail = { To => "ccc31807\@yahoo.com", 5 From => "cartercc\@gmail.com", 6 Subject => 'Test of sendmail', 7 Message => "This is a test of sendmail"}; 8 9...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local alias which is redirected to /dev/null. This solution is also unmanageable in the long run. Therefore I turn to you for guidance and information on how to find a solution for the spam problem on my server. Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :) Thx, /Timo_S On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:03:08 +0300 Timo_S wrote: > I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running > Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient > but not manageable in the long run. > > The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but > it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for > information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the > ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the > /etc/mail/access file. What do these "bad scripts" do...

restrict mailing list senders to mailing list subscribers?
Hello I have a few mailings lists using text files containing the recipients of the list. Can I restrict senders to those lists to be only the subscribers? any way to to this with sendmail? thanks. joe wrote: > Hello I have a few mailings lists using text files containing the > recipients of the list. Can I restrict senders to those lists to be > only the subscribers? any way to to this with sendmail? thanks. Search for "protected recipients". Grant. . . . Thanks Grant. That solve half my problem. I found http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/protected.html This seems to apply to all aliases. Is it possible to apply this setting to certain lists only based on part of the aliases file? On 04/29/10 07:32, joe wrote: > Thanks Grant. You are welcome. > That solve half my problem. :-| > This seems to apply to all aliases. Is it possible to apply this > setting to certain lists only based on part of the aliases file? If I understand you correctly (which it is entirely possible that I'm mis-understanding you) you are wanting to have a way to protect a subset of your local aliases. Correct? (Presuming yes.) I don't think there is a way for Sendmail to break the alias list in to multiple pieces. Even if you could, what would that gain you? Sendmail will still have to check each recipient if it is protected or not. Grant. . . . joe wrote: > Thanks Grant. That solve half my problem. I found > > http://www.sendmail...

[newbie] how to do a mailing list without a mailing list manager
hi, i read that we can do a simple mailing list with /etc/aliases file like : all-my-users " : include: /path/list_of_all_my_users" i would like to have a dynamic list_of_all_my_users file (not static) because when i create a count on the computer, i don't want to to update the list_of_all_my_users file i think i can do that with a script that generate the file (updated by cron for example) BUT do you know a another solution as a function that tells to send mail to all the users of the computer ? thanks Fabrice Fabrice CANDAU wrote: > i read that we can do a simpl...

How to hightlight the mail from mailing lists
Hello everyone. I have lots mails from a mailing list (lets take help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org for example). So I want to have a clearer view of them. I've looked up the manual already, seems that I should add this to my .muttrc: color index foreground background pattern But what does "pattern" mean? Should I replaced it with the address or a regexp or something else? Thanks a lot. -- Fear is the path to the Darkside. Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to suffering. Corsair wrote: > What does "pattern" mean in "color i...

Mail.app Mailing List?
Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I find it?? -- Bob Batson rcb@kc.rr.com "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" Bob Batson wrote: > Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I > find it?? > Not sure if it's what your asking, but the Address Book application allows you to create mailing lists, and there's lots of information in the Address Book Help file. Once you've created the list, you can select it and use it in the Mail application. In article <rcYye...

Problem with mails from mailing lists
The details: A DMZ server with a real domain name and ip. Distro is Debian unstable, Sendmail version is 8.13.4 and kernel is 2.6.10. Server is also MX for the domain. All mail for the domain goes to 1 user and fetchmail POP3's the mail to the internal Exchange 2003 server. The config files: /etc/mail/sendmail.mc define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.12.11-5 2004-04-22 15:43:34 cowboy Exp $') OSTYPE(`debian')dnl DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl LOCAL_CONFIG FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> /etc/...

Switch off the "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" mail from sendmail ?
Hello ! Now i have here a little freebsd 6.3 server. This server receive and send my lokal and worldwide emails. When this server receive a mail with unqualified local user sendmail automatic generate the mail that says "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender". Somewhere spam known now that this mail adress has a reciving server and can probe other names before @ ? My ideas now is the feature switched off and no generate this ugly mail ? The mail with unqualified username can delete now ? Can somwhere help me to find the right option in my *.mc sendmail configuration file ? Thanxs 4 ever !!! ....Jaro ------------------------------------------------------ #!/usr/bin/perl foreach $c (split(/ /,"4a 61 72 6f 6d 96 72 20 50 72 69 6e 7a 6c 65 72")) { print pack("C", hex($c)); } Hello, Take a look on PrivacyOptions=noactualrecipient ...

dual sendmail and reject unknown user for mailing lists
We use a dual sendmail with amavisd-new and need to reject unknown users. I tried a setting adapted from the proposal of this posting from 2005: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.sendmail/browse_thread/thread/88cc72d7c4d3a6e/9e762b7cc72d0c5f?lnk=gst&q=Simone+Marx#9e762b7cc72d0c5f Everything's fine, but it doesnt work for my majordomo mailinglist aliases. I have configured three maps: Kaliasp nis -m mail.aliases Kmajordomop hash -m majordomo.aliases Kuserp user -m nis:passwd.byname My Rules in Local_check_rcpt are: SLocal_check_rcpt R$* $: <?> $&{rcpt_addr} R<?> $+ @ $=w $: <@> $1 mark local address R<?> $* @ $* $@ OK ignore remote address R<?> $+ $: <@> $1 mark unqualified user R<@> $+ + $* $: < $(aliasp $1+$2 $: @ $) > $1 + * plussed alias? R<@> $+ + $* $: < $(aliasp $1+$2 $: @ $) > $1 +* alias? R<@> $+ $: < $(aliasp $1 $: @ $) > $1 normal alias? R<@> $+ $: < $(majordomop $1 $: @ $) > $1 majordomo alias? R<@> $+ $: < $(userp $1 $: @ $) > $1 R<@> $+ $#error $@ 5.1.1 $: "550 User unknown" In address testing mode sendmail match all tested mailinglist addresses. But testing the ruleset above for a majordomo address returns every time "User ...

restrict senders to mailing list using sendmail and mailscanner
I would like to restrict our mailing list to accept emails sent from specific senders. I am using sendmail 8.12.8 and Mailscanner. Can anyone provide me with some help? Meow ...

mail::sendmail (SOMETIMES) get "bad file descriptor" error when mail not local
I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using CPAN I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server and I get my personel email at that address. The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for example, "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file descriptor" I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) I noticed that there is a soft link to qmail on the remote server, but it was my understanding that mail::Sendmail is independant of other mail programs. Is there some configuration file I can change to solve this problem? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Dave Dave Roberts wrote: > I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using > CPAN > > I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server > and I get my personel email at that address. > > The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the > recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for > example, > > "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file > descriptor" > > > I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I > configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) > > I not...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

Sendmail 8.14.3 not sendmail hugely attached e-mail files in a timely manner
What could be the problem. They seem stuck and I have to run sendmail -v -q manually just to get them to propogate. Any reason why? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising! Never Satan President Republic! If you cannot lead a family how can you pastor a church? The Doctor unleashed the infinite monkeys on 21/05/2009 00:07 producing: > What could be the problem. > > They seem stuck and I have to run sendmail -v -q manually just > to get them to propogate. > > Any reason why? With so little information, it's impossible to help you. How do you define "huge"? How long do you wait? What's in your mail logs? -- Rob MacGregor (BOFH) Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" ...

"Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service" misleading the Sendmail by BODY=7BIT in "mail from"
Hello. I ran into a situation where the Sendmail deceived by the Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service. MS ESMTP Service send to Sendmail MAIL FROM:<system@gosuslugi.ru> SIZE=12345 AUTH=<> BODY=7BIT but message is not 7BIT. It contain MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--2f2da5fd4e757bb09dce3cc4fd3fda88" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit in header, but ----59b9b79d39a2fcdcd7600d2d20592b5a Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit in some parts and real text in utf8. Sendmail loses one bit. :-( A second big problem - a huge E-Mail providers such as GMail or Mail.ru ignore the "BODY=7BIT" and messages accepted propertly. I find it difficult to prove that the problem should be resolved by the message sender or the postmaster of "Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service". Any idea ? -- Regards, Sergey. On 02/18/11 07:42, Sergey wrote: > I ran into a situation where the Sendmail deceived by the Microsoft > ESMTP MAIL Service. MS ESMTP Service send to Sendmail I think that's better worded as Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service is lying about being 7-bit. > MAIL FROM:<system@gosuslugi.ru> SIZE=12345 AUTH=<> BODY=7BIT > > but message is not 7BIT. It contain > > MIME-Version: 1.0 > Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--2f2da5fd4e757bb09dce3cc4fd3fda88" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > ...

sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ???????, ???????
Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? What can I do to fix this? sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? OS Solaris 10 Sendmail 8.13.6 Thanks Jeff spellman.jeff@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? > What can I do to fix this? > sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: > SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? > > OS Solaris 10 > Sendmail 8.13.6 > > Thanks > Jeff > The sender didn't complete a particular phase of the smtp protocol. Possibly completed the helo xxxxx.xxx but not the mail from:, or neither. Basically it means they hung up on you. Telnet to your mailer and experiment with incomplete stanzas, begining with helo..., mail from:..., rcpt to:..., data... and drop the connection before completing each stanza. Bonus points for using log level 15 or greater. dp ...

Mail list program request-- where can I find a mail list with these features?
For a group mail list, I'm looking for the following features-- a combination of features I've not found in search engine listings: 1.) Freeware 2.) Runs on Windows 98 plus newer versions 3.) Installs to and runs on a bootable cd rom 4.) Writes transportable comma delimited email file to floppy disk or cdrw for update or retrieval to common mail progs such at Outlook, Eudora or Thunderbird.. List can be sent as an attachment to load into Outlook Express or Thunderbird. ...

sendmail stops processing mails from list if one unknown local user is present
Hi there, I'm running out of ideas and desperatly hope someone can show me what I can do I've set up a new mailserver running sendmail 8.14.7 on OpenSuSE 13.1, having had sendmail 8.13 before. When I send mail to a list address, which is a valid mail address found in our LDAP resolving to three different addresses one of which is a local address (@mydomain) with an invalid alias (user unknown) sendmail rejects the mail with "User unknown" and doesn't process the other two valid addresses (not local). Instead it waits until timeout. It seems to clear the &q...

Web resources about - Mailing list with Sendmail ? - comp.mail.sendmail

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...