From MAILER-DAEMON@benz-group.com  Wed Jul  7 18:50:09 2004
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:50:09 +0530
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@afbl.com>
To: <root@cluster.tech>
Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

This is a MIME-encapsulated message

--i67DK9Vi004137.1089206409/cluster.tech

The original message was received at Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:50:06 +0530
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

<amalgam@vsnl.com>
    (reason: 550 5.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS return address not
allowed)

.... while talking to mx4.vsnl.net.:
>>> MAIL From:<root@cluster.tech> SIZE=304
<<< 550 5.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS return address not allowed
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

--i67DK9Vi004137.1089206409/cluster.tech

Reporting-MTA: dns; cluster.tech
Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost
Arrival-Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:50:06 +0530

Here is my Sendmail.mc

divert(-1)dnl
dnl #
dnl # This is the sendmail macro config file for m4. If you make
changes to
dnl # /etc/mail/sendmail.mc, you will need to regenerate the
dnl # /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file by confirming that the sendmail-cf
package is
dnl # installed and then performing a
dnl #
dnl #     make -C /etc/mail
dnl #
include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl
VERSIONID(`setup for Red Hat Linux')dnl
OSTYPE(`linux')dnl
dnl #
dnl # Uncomment and edit the following line if your outgoing mail
needs to
dnl # be sent out through an external mail server:
dnl #
dnl#define(`SMART_HOST',`mail1.rediffmail.com')
dnl #
define(`confDEF_USER_ID',``8:12'')dnl
define(`confTRUSTED_USER', `smmsp')dnl
dnl define(`confAUTO_REBUILD')dnl
define(`confTO_CONNECT', `1m')dnl
define(`confTRY_NULL_MX_LIST',true)dnl
define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES',true)dnl
define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/aliases')dnl
dnl define(`STATUS_FILE', `/etc/mail/statistics')dnl
define(`UUCP_MAILER_MAX', `2000000')dnl
define(`confUSERDB_SPEC', `/etc/mail/userdb.db')dnl
define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS',
`authwarnings,novrfy,noexpn,restrictqrun')dnl
define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
dnl #
dnl # The following allows relaying if the user authenticates, and
disallows
dnl # plaintext authentication (PLAIN/LOGIN) on non-TLS links
dnl #
dnl define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A p')dnl
dnl #
dnl # PLAIN is the preferred plaintext authentication method and used
by
dnl # Mozilla Mail and Evolution, though Outlook Express and other
MUAs do
dnl # use LOGIN. Other mechanisms should be used if the connection is
not
dnl # guaranteed secure.
dnl #
dnl TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`EXTERNAL DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
dnl define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `EXTERNAL GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
dnl #
dnl # Rudimentary information on creating certificates for sendmail
TLS:
dnl #     make -C /usr/share/ssl/certs usage
dnl #
dnl define(`confCACERT_PATH',`/usr/share/ssl/certs')
dnl define(`confCACERT',`/usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt')
dnl define(`confSERVER_CERT',`/usr/share/ssl/certs/sendmail.pem')
dnl define(`confSERVER_KEY',`/usr/share/ssl/certs/sendmail.pem')
dnl #
dnl # This allows sendmail to use a keyfile that is shared with
OpenLDAP's
dnl # slapd, which requires the file to be readble by group ldap
dnl #
dnl define(`confDONT_BLAME_SENDMAIL',`groupreadablekeyfile')dnl
dnl #
dnl define(`confTO_QUEUEWARN', `4h')dnl
dnl define(`confTO_QUEUERETURN', `5d')dnl
dnl define(`confQUEUE_LA', `12')dnl
dnl define(`confREFUSE_LA', `18')dnl
define(`confTO_IDENT', `0')dnl
dnl FEATURE(delay_checks)dnl
FEATURE(`no_default_msa',`dnl')dnl
FEATURE(`smrsh',`/usr/sbin/smrsh')dnl
FEATURE(`mailertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable.db')dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable.db')dnl
FEATURE(redirect)dnl
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl
dnl #
dnl # The -t option will retry delivery if e.g. the user runs over his
quota.
dnl #
FEATURE(local_procmail,`',`procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')dnl
FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> -o /etc/mail/access.db')dnl
FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl
EXPOSED_USER(`root')dnl
dnl #
dnl # The following causes sendmail to only listen on the IPv4
loopback address
dnl # 127.0.0.1 and not on any other network devices. Remove the
loopback
dnl # address restriction to accept email from the internet or
intranet.
dnl #
dnl #DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
dnl #
dnl # The following causes sendmail to additionally listen to port 587
for
dnl # mail from MUAs that authenticate. Roaming users who can't reach
their
dnl # preferred sendmail daemon due to port 25 being blocked or
redirected find
dnl # this useful.
dnl #
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl
dnl #
dnl # The following causes sendmail to additionally listen to port
465, but
dnl # starting immediately in TLS mode upon connecting. Port 25 or 587
followed
dnl # by STARTTLS is preferred, but roaming clients using Outlook
Express can't
dnl # do STARTTLS on ports other than 25. Mozilla Mail can ONLY use
STARTTLS
dnl # and doesn't support the deprecated smtps; Evolution <1.1.1 uses
smtps
dnl # when SSL is enabled-- STARTTLS support is available in version
1.1.1.
dnl #
dnl # For this to work your OpenSSL certificates must be configured.
dnl #
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtps, Name=TLSMTA, M=s')dnl
dnl #
dnl # The following causes sendmail to additionally listen on the IPv6
loopback
dnl # device. Remove the loopback address restriction listen to the
network.
dnl #
dnl # NOTE: binding both IPv4 and IPv6 daemon to the same port
requires
dnl #       a kernel patch
dnl #
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtp,Addr=::1, Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')dnl
dnl #
dnl # We strongly recommend not accepting unresolvable domains if you
want to
dnl # protect yourself from spam. However, the laptop and users on
computers
dnl # that do not have 24x7 DNS do need this.
dnl #
FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl
dnl #
dnl #FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX')dnl
dnl #
dnl # Also accept email sent to "localhost.localdomain" as local
email.
dnl #
LOCAL_DOMAIN(`localhost.localdomain')dnl
dnl #
dnl # The following example makes mail from this host and any
additional
dnl # specified domains appear to be sent from mydomain.com
dnl #
MASQUERADE_AS(`afbl.com')dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just the headers, but the envelope as well
dnl #
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just @mydomainalias.com, but @*.mydomainalias.com
as well
dnl #
dnl #FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
dnl #
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomainalias.com)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomain.lan)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl
Cwcluster.tech

 I have also set DNS for cluster.tech domain. i tried with lot of
options like disabling dns, setting dns for local as well as isp, on
my dns list , but still i was not able to resolve the problem .

Thanks in advance

regds

narayanan S

Narayanan Subramaniam wrote:
> [...]
> ... while talking to mx4.vsnl.net.:

> <<< 550 5.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS return address not allowed
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
> [...]

The remote host refused to accept message with envelope sender
root@cluster.tech because there is no cluster.tech domain in DNS (lack of MX
and A records).

You can:

* Give your host "DNS registered" name
Make "hostname --fqdn" return name with MX or A record(s) in DNS
[recomended]

OR

* Tell sendmail which name should it use as "this host name" for email
purposes. In *.mc file add:
define(`confDOMAIN_NAME',`host.example.com')

OR

* make your sendmail masquerade as another host. In *.mc file add:
MASQUERADE_AS(`host.example.com')
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
FEATURE(`allmasquerade')

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@priv.onet.pl anfi@xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi

0
anfi (2014)

> <amalgam@vsnl.com>
>     (reason: 550 5.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS return address not
> allowed)

Seems pretty clear. The recipient servers cannot see your DNS entries. What
was the return (sending) address?

BS

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local alias which is redirected to /dev/null. This solution is also unmanageable in the long run. Therefore I turn to you for guidance and information on how to find a solution for the spam problem on my server. Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :) Thx, /Timo_S On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:03:08 +0300 Timo_S wrote: > I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running > Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient > but not manageable in the long run. > > The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but > it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for > information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the > ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the > /etc/mail/access file. What do these "bad scripts" do...

unable to forward mail from 1 sendmail server to another sendmail server
Hi, i have a setup like this: box A ---> box B ---> sends to the world. sendmail, solaris 9. what is happening is as follows: Application on box A generates mail (for the users, who can be from anywhere) forwards it to box B which sends it out. The box A is forwarding mail to box B, only for the users of the domain, ie if there is a user is having a gmail id the mail is NOT forwarded from box A ----> box B. If i do a nslookup on gmail on box A it resolves properly. XXXXXX Message 2: >From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Oct 26 12:14:26 2005 Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> To: <amit@www.domainname.com> MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure) This is a MIME-encapsulated message --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com The original message was received at Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) from localhost [127.0.0.1] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <amitka@gmail.com> (reason: 550 Host unknown) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 550 5.1.2 <amitka@gmail.com>... Host unknown (Name server: mailhost.domainame.com: host not found) --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com Content-Type: message/delivery-status Reporting-MTA: dns; www.domainname.com Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost Arrival-Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) Final-Recipient: RFC822; amitk...

Sendmaill not able to send mails to certain domains!!
Dear all I am having a problem in sending mails using Dialup (PPP) connections. I will explain the setup. I had configured a mail server in my office using Linux sendmail and Redhat 9, which handles the complete intranet and mails to internet.Now i am facing a problem in which i am not able to send mails to very few domains, like rediffmail.com and some more. for eg: root# telnet mail1.rediffmail.com 25 Trying mail1.rediffmail.com Closing connection of mail1.rediffmail.com Trying mail2.rediffmail.com Closing connection of mail1.rediffmail.com Trying mail2.rediffmail.com Closing connection of mail2.rediffmail.com .... Connection Closed by Foreign host root# This is the problem. But i am able to telnet to ther hosts like yahoo.com, hotmail.com etc. The solution i got from linux mailing list was either recompile kernel with CONFIG_INET_ECN = N or sysctl by /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn with 0 which allows ECN support to be disabled at runtime.Redhat 2.4 kernel comes with ecn enabled , but 2.2 kernel works fine. I tried out the above options but i was not able to send mails to rediffmail.com. My server is refusing this on a dialup connection through VSNL. But i am able send mails to rediffmail.com from the same setup with a DSL or Cable internet connection. Thanks in advance. Regds Narayanan Subramaniam Narayanan Subramaniam wrote: > I tried out the above options but i was not able to send mails to > rediffmail.com. My server is refusing this o...

Sendmail keeps rejecting my mails "Domain not found"...
Hello everyone, Ok, my problem is as follows: I keep getting this error message when trying to send mail ************* The original message was received at Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:16:08 -0600 from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <xxx@sunset.com.mx> (reason: 550 <root@vader.sunset.com.mx>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- .... while talking to akenaton.sunset.com.mx.: >>> DATA <<< 550 <root@vader.sunset.com.mx>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found 550 5.1.1 <xxx@sunset.com.mx>... User unknown <<< 554 Error: no valid recipients ************* vader.sunset.com.mx does not have a DNS record, as it is an internal machine, with no outside access, so akenaton, wich is the company's public mail server, rejects mails from vader. Ok, so after doing some reading, i edited akenaton /etc/mail/local-host-names file, included vader.sunset.com.mx, and restarted sendmail. I have also edited the domain masquerade option at vader, so that it masquerades hosts vader.sunset.com.mx to just sunset.com.mx, wich passes through the mailserver just fine. However, I keep getting rejected with the same error message. Is there something left to do that I'm missing here? Thanks, Camilo In article <1166653512.525556.207140@i12g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Camilo Olea" <camilo.olea@gmail.com> ...

Sendmail sending user@domain.com to my local machine instead of my mail server.
Hi All I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. It works when I send out mails to username@gmail.com or username@yahoo.com, etc. But when I send out mails to username@abc.com, the mails get sent to itself, i.e. machine A1. And the maillog shows that the Local mailer was called to send the mail instead of the ESMTP mailer. I have other Freebsd machines, and have no problem sending mails to username@abc.com. I've tried everything, including copying all the files in /etc/mail from my other working Freebsd machines to machine A1, and do a make, make install, make restart. But machine A1 still calls the local mailer to deliver mails addressed to @abc.com. Machine A1 is acting as if it is the mail server for the domain. I don't have local-domains, local-host-names, files, etc. I just use the original sendmail.com.mc file. Can anybody help? Thank you very much in anticipation. Gui cmgui2@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All > > I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. > I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails > occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server > for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. > > It...

mails sent by sendmail were treated as junk mail
Hi there, I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure it to work as my main mailserver which allow POP3 and SMTP connection from outside. My problem is that I cannot send out any mails which appears like sender: xxx@mydomain.com. If I send mail through terminal, my sent-out mail would looks like aaa@hostname.mydomain.com instead of aaa@mydomain.com. hostnam.mydomain.com is a qualified name of my linux box runing sendmail. Second, I configured a openwebmail on this linux box to allow users login from anywhere to manager their mails, and it works fine. However, all the out-going mails sent throug openwebmail are treated as junk mail by most mail server like hotmail and yahoo. It was complained as unknown sender(at this case, sender appears aaa@mydomain.com) Does anyone have any experience in such situation or have any ideas how to configure sendmail to solve my problems? My network setting is simply as router -> DMZ zone -> linux box which is runing sendmail. I have a domain, mydomain.com, which is parking at a domain hosting company where my zone file is actually located. I changed the MX record in the zone file so that it points to my static ip address(eg. 10.11.12.113). After some simple changes were done, I can receive any emails sent to my domain, like xxx@mydomain.com. Thanks for any ideas! In article <d57b272d.0405151235.19d0384b@posting.google.com> vbcache@hotmail.com (cerberus) writes: > >I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure ...

config error: why sendmail concatenates my own domain and domain found mail address?
Hi, I have problems trying send mail via sendmail (.forward) to cf16r@wp.pl, my domain is dorotamama.eu. (not real name) and I get following: May 6 17:55:47 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FrhNl003854: to=cf16r@wp.pl, delay=00:02:03, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=91761, relay=wp.pl.dorotamama.eu. [89.75.41.50], dsn=5.3.5, stat=Local configuration error May 6 17:55:47 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FrhNl003854: r46FtlNl003856: DSN: Local configuration error May 6 17:55:48 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FtlNl003856: to=<cf1g@gmail.com, delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=60000, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com. [173.194.70.27], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (OK 1367855748 i8si29208219eem.229 - gsmtp) May 6 17:55:48 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FtlNl003856: to=me, delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=60000, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent with gmail there is No PROBLEM, onet.pl No Problem, wp.pl PROBLEM. additionally here from mail.err: May 6 17:55:47 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FrhNl003854: SYSERR(me): wp.pl.dorotamama.eu. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?) so I tried `cf16r@wp.pl` (it is correct address) but it concatenates to be: `cf16r@wp.pl.dorotamama.eu.` ????????? **why?** other domain are working OK. (at least few that I checked till this moment) **so, does it means wp.pl wasn't resolved?** why it concatenates domains, then tries to send mail to cf16r@wp.pl.dorotamama.eu. instead of cf16r@wp.pl ----...

Securing a Sendmail mail server
This actually is more along the lines of ensuring that your server is not an open relay and to ensure that only my internal LAN and users authenticated via smtp-auth have the ability to send mail through my mail server. I've been pouring over the bat book and the new sendmail cookbook and feel like i've made good progress in figuring out how to secure my server. However, I wanted to post a few questions here to verify that I am understanding this correctly and when my server goes live, I am not an open relay. I know as of sendmail 8.9, it is a closed relay by default. Which is...

Sendmail ist rejecting mails
Hello to everyone! I'm getting stuck on sendmail after playing around on a running system... (I swear, I'll never do this again!) I'm running a RH8 box with sendmail. After installing postfix and switching the MTA through Redhat's switchmail app, taking a look at it and switching back to sendmail the same way, I cannot send mails anymore! Taking a look in the mail log revealed this after trying to send a mail from admin to root (which should be redirected to admin due to an alias): sendmail[1258]: h64LK7hm001258: from=admin@psyche.home, size=349, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=&l...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

I'm sendmail from mail server
I'm using sendmail in my mail server ( vers. 8.12.10-1.1.1). The same mail was sent to 2 users (A, B), I can see 2 different mail formats. A uses Outlook Express 6 and it's able to read message B uses Outlook Express 6 and it's NOT able to read message. I verified mail, which was in mailbox B, has winmail.dat inside body so I suppose to be RTF format. I verified client which sent the mail, but there is neither settings for RTF format nor setting for RFT format for specific recipients. Can sendmail alter email format in this way ? RICCARDO <ric.castellani@alice.it> wrote in <792579cd-a52c-424c-9e57-3157b467873d@f8g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>: > I'm using sendmail in my mail server ( vers. 8.12.10-1.1.1). > The same mail was sent to 2 users (A, B), I can see 2 different mail > formats. > > A uses Outlook Express 6 and it's able to read message > B uses Outlook Express 6 and it's NOT able to read message. > > I verified mail, which was in mailbox B, has winmail.dat inside body > so I suppose to be RTF format. > I verified client which sent the mail, but there is neither settings > for RTF format nor setting for RFT format for specific recipients. > > Can sendmail alter email format in this way ? Not to my knowledge. Can you run a packet trace (WireShark, tcpdump, etc.) of both sessions (the one to A _and_ the one to B), and then compare them? I suspect that B is somehow prompting Exchange to send ...

How to enable Mail Directory instead of Mail File in Sendmail/Procmail?
Hi, Again a newbie question. I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in seperate file). thanks Rohit. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com> writes: > Again a newbie question. > > I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to > know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each > mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in > seperate file). > > thanks You can easily change it in per user ~user/.procmailrc or global /etc/procmailrc http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section4.html#4.3 Q4.3 -- How can I get sendmail to deliver local mail to $HOME/.mail instead of into /usr/spool/mail (or /usr/mail)? -- [en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/ Netcraft Site Rank: 462490 Thanks for replying Andrzej. But, this does not answer my question. I want mails in my inbox to be deposited in the Mail Directory and not mail file. For Example, I want to specify each mail to the mailbox is stored as independent file. So, if I have 5 mails for me then there are 5 files in my mail directory. I am looking for either system wide or mailbox size setting. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com>...

Mail::Sendmail
perl doesn't like my return address. Does anyone know why? error message as follows-------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ perl mail_test.pl [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ Bad or missing From address: '' text of program follows---------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ vi mail_test.pl 1 #!/usr/bin/perl; 2 use Mail::Sendmail; 3 4 %mail = { To => "ccc31807\@yahoo.com", 5 From => "cartercc\@gmail.com", 6 Subject => 'Test of sendmail', 7 Message => "This is a test of sendmail"}; 8 9...

Sendmail Deferred and times out with mail server
I have a linux box that sits in our Cisco PIX DMZ and relays mail to our internal Exchange server. Problem I have is that sometimes it relays fine, other times we get a 'Connection timed out with mail.unix.com'. Here is a snippet from my logfile of a email I recently sent: Jan 6 11:36:42 myhost sendmail[4136]: j06GagkR004136: from=root, size=62, class=0, n rcpts=1, msgid=<200501061636.j06GagkR004136@myhost.unix.com>, relay=root@loca lhost Jan 6 11:36:43 myhost sendmail[4138]: j06GagU6004138: from=<root@myhost.unix.com>, size=386, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<200501061636.j06GagkR004136@myhost.unix.com>, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1] Jan 6 11:36:43 myhost sendmail[4136]: j06GagkR004136: to=jweb@unix.com , ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=relay, pri=30062, relay=[12 7.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (j06GagU6004138 Message accepted for delivery) Jan 6 11:37:26 myhost sendmail[4122]: j06GRH15003890: to=<jweb@unix.co m>, ctladdr=<root@myhost.unix.com> (0/0), delay=00:10:09, xdelay=00:01:00, ma iler=esmtp, pri=120387, relay=mail.unix.com. [123.123.166.195], dsn=4.0.0, stat=De ferred: Connection timed out with mail.unix.com. I can't determine where the problem is -- dmz? sendmail? exchange? Any thoughts or help is immensely appreciated. Thanks, JWeb ...

Cant send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
I use the netstat to get the following information: tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32768 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:32769 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:109 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:110 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 ...

Help
Don't know if this is possible: (1) Mail gateway (sendmail 8.11) receives mail from outside (2) Gateway is set to relay mail to internal server (working perfectly) Now, want to see if this is possible: (1) Mail gateway (sendmail 8.11) receives mail from outside (2) one and only domain is: example.com (3) Currently gateway relay mails intended for @example.com to inetrnal server1 (4) Here is the question: is it possible to relay jdoe@example.com to server 2, base on, for example, virtusertable, i.e. jdoe@example.com jdoe@serve2 What I really want to do is to migrate users to server2. Once the migration is done, server1 will go away. Before the process is done, mails coming in will get delivered to either server1 or server2(again same domain), depends on the virtusertable. Is there such a thing? Any pointer and idea is greatly appreciated. EKW wrote: > What I really want to do is to migrate users to server2. ... You could, for example, upoon migrating a user's mail from server1 to server2, add an alias on server1 for that user, to forward all their mail to server2. When the migration is complete, either rename server2 to server1, or have the mail server now send all mail to server2. Other than that, I think a virtusertable will be your best bet. -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Sylvain Robitaille syl@alcor.concordia.ca Systems analyst / Postmaster Concordia Unive...

too many sendmail 8.12.11 sendmail and mail.local processes
I noticed over 7000 sendmail and mail.local processes that eventually exhausted the system's swap space. The system is a Solaris 8 box running sendmail 8.12.11. Also, sendmail.cf has MaxDaemonChildren=500 set. The problem occurred after the system received over 60,000 large email due to a misbehaved application. 1. Why would there be more than 500 sendmail processes? I noticed the parent process for most of the sendmail processes is 1 and mail.local were spawned by sendmail, of course. I have the default MaxQueueChildren value which is unlimited. I noted over 7,000 of these messages in syslog during the time of the incident; Jun 12 09:02:04 peace sendmail-mta[22621]: j5CD04jr022619: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:03:03 peace sendmail-mta[23982]: j5CD13Ef023979: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:04:36 peace sendmail-mta[26086]: j5CD2aaO026076: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:05:38 peace sendmail-mta[27455]: j5CD3bKd027452: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:06:01 peace sendmail-mta[27939]: j5CD411x027931: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:06:16 peace sendmail-mta[28248]: j5CD4GmD028243: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 8 S root 8888 1 0 49 20 69174...

How to setup sendmail quickly and simple mail server
Hi I just need to know how to setup sendmail quickly . Are there are guides outhere to do a fast setup ? I just need one mailbox where I am planning to send some logs from a linux server. I would like just one person to login to the mailbox and look at messages . nothings fancy just a plain mailbox with a login ID and password I do have DNS server ...

Restrict Local From: mails on Sendmail Relay Servers
Hi, In our network we have a Sendmail relay server connected on our intranet and also to the public network. I would like to restrict the server to accept incoming mails with source local adresses only from our intranet. Example: Lets supose that our local domain is "local.dom". Considering this scenario I would to configure Sendmail only to accept mails with the "From: *@local.dom" comming from our intranet mail server and reject those comming from Internet apparently sended from a *@local.dom guy. Regards, Jordi ...

Best way to send mail from sendmail server?
Hey all; I've got a sendmail (8.13.4) box primarily relaying from the outside to a number of inside locations. Problem is, this box also sends mail out itself, mostly reporting and such. Now any mail it generates is coming from "user@localhost" which resolves (naturally) to 127.0.0.1. I can add localhost to the access DB and it works fine, but I'm wondering if this is really the ideal way of doing things. Is there a way I can rewrite the sender domain from localhost to domain.com, or even host.domain.com? Thanks, Colin Colin B. wrote: > I've got a sendmail (8.13.4) box primarily relaying from the outside to > a number of inside locations. Problem is, this box also sends mail out > itself, mostly reporting and such. Now any mail it generates is coming > from "user@localhost" which resolves (naturally) to 127.0.0.1. I can add > localhost to the access DB and it works fine, but I'm wondering if this is > really the ideal way of doing things. Is there a way I can rewrite the > sender domain from localhost to domain.com, or even host.domain.com? Recomended way: Make "hostname --fqdn" report host.domain.com as fully qualified domain name of "this host". -- Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@priv.onet.pl anfi@xl.wp.pl All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Andrzej Adam Filip <anfi@priv.onet.pl> wrote: > Colin B. wrote: &...

Redirecting Mail Rx By Sendmail To An Exchange Server
I am reasonably familiar with using sendmail as the primary MTA for a domain. However, I have a client that wants to do something I know can be done, but which I've never done myself, so I am turning to the geniuses here. I'm not looking for a spelled out solution, just a pointer on where to get started (though a turnkey solution will happily be accepted :) Today's Situation ----------------- The client runs their own mail infrastructure and their domain MX points to an Exchange server machine. What They Want -------------- 1) Run sendmail/MailScanner/clamav on a FreeBSD server (no problem - I know how to do this). Point their domain MX to this machine. 2) After sendmail has rxed the mail and MailScanner has processed it and virus scanned it (with clamav) - here's the part I do not know how to do - have sendmail then take the processed mail and automatically send it to the Exchange server that is actually servicing their internal clients. 2a) I need to do this transparently - that is, adding/deleting users or changing policies on the Exchange server ought to require no config changes on the sendmail frontend. 2b) I presume - correct me if I'm wrong - that they should be able to _Send_ email by having Exchange handle it directly. Is there also a way to have Exchange send it back through the sendmail frontend machine so that outbound mail is also virus checked? In effect, they want sendmail/Mailscanner...

Web resources about - Mails from my sendmail server are rejected by certain domains!!! - comp.mail.sendmail

The Domain, Sydney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , New South Wales , Australia . It is located on the eastern edge of the Sydney central business district , near Woolloomooloo . The Domain ...

Domain property guide 2016: Southern suburbs becoming popular with prestige buyers
Agents predict a year of modest price growth following a remarkably strong 2015.

The South Pacific nation of Tuvalu is booming because of its domain name
OUR tiny neighbouring nation of Tuvalu is ticking along thanks to millions in revenue from two tiny letters: .tv.

Consumers do not trust websites with new domains
... NCC Group, over half of consumers (52 percent, up three percent from last year) do not feel comfortable visiting websites ending in new domains. ...

5 Best Tools for Coming Up with the Perfect Domain Name
Domain names have always had an impact in the branding and SEO of online businesses. In the past, online marketers used “Exact Match Domains” ...

Google's Blogs Move to a Custom Domain
Last week, John Mueller announced that Google is moving all of its blogs to a custom domain: googleblog.com. For example, Gmail's blog has a ...

Maintainers of new generic top level domains have a hard time keeping abuse in check
Generic top-level domains (TLDs) that have sprung up in recent years have become a magnet for cybercriminals, to the point where some of them ...

Sorry, Mr. Trump, But You're Completely Wrong About Eminent Domain
... owners are left substantially worse off after their unwanted encounters with government officials who take their property through eminent domain. ...

Domain registration company Rightside tells employees that W2 forms were stolen in phishing attack
Rightside Group, the Kirkland, Wash.-based domain name services and web hosting company, informed an unspecified number of employees overnight ...

Judge Rejects Film Producer's Bid to Have Buck Rogers Character Declared in Public Domain
Don Murphy can only clear rights if he potentially violates them first.