mails in the mail queue

Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without
delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the
queued mails will be delivered.

Thanks for advices!
0
bridge_xue (25)

Bridge wrote:
> Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without
> delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the
> queued mails will be delivered.

sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail

See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode.

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Bridge wrote:
> Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without
> delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the
> queued mails will be delivered.

DeliveryMode=deferred

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only :) one such directory? Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, if so remove it. It is possible that this may break other applications (e.g. Mutt). Hopefully it won't. Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: > > :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems > :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both > :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is > :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only > :) one such directory? Eduardo Chappa wrote: > Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, No. The directories are not...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to ".mail/". Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". > Change "mail/" to ".mail/". This is great! Thanks Eduardo!! I'll never change from Pine. That's for sure. > http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I would like to change my email when using mailinglists. The only thing Pine now needs is a way to use PGP/GPG as attachments...=) Hugs, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any :) effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I :) would like to change my email w...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ > How to do that? If everything else fails: - delete mail - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail On 18 Aug 2005, Holger Marzen wrote: > * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > >> I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ >> How to do that? > > If everything else fails: > > - delete mail > - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail What Holger wrote should work, but it's cleaner to change where Pine looks for mailboxes. I discuss this on my Power Pine page in this section: Setting Up IMAP, NNTP, and Local Collections <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#setCollections> Let us know if you have any questions. Hope this helps, Nancy -- Nancy McGough ~ <http://www.ii.com> ~ <http://deflexion.com> IMAP, pine, procmail, data deflexion, infinity, and more >...

PEAR, Mail Queue and Mail Mime
Hello, I have some trouble with my application. It is written with PEAR, SMARTY .... I should send an email to me and with Bcc to 50's else adresses. But it send it just to me. I am on an easyPhP server. Here is my code $mail_queue =& new Mail_Queue($db_options, $mail_options); $from = 'my@email.org'; $from_name = "MY"; $replyTo = "my@email.org"; $message = stripslashes($msg); $from_params = empty($from_name) ? '"'.$from_name.'" <'.$from.'>' : '<'.$from.'>'; $hdrs = array( 'From' => $from_params, 'Reply-To'=> $replyTo, 'To' => $from, 'Bcc' => $liste, 'Subject' => $sujet ); $mime =& new Mail_mime(); $mime->setTXTBody($msg); $mime->addAttachment($pdf, $attach_type); $body = $mime->get(); $hdrs = $mime->headers($hdrs); $seconds_to_send = 1; $delete_after_send = true; $id_user = 7; $mail_queue->put('','My Organisation',$from, 'my@email.org', $hdrs, $body, $seconds_to_send, $delete_after_send, $id_user); $liste follow this pattern "titi@tito.fr<titi@tito.fr>, tita@tito.fr<tita@tito.fr>,titz@tito.fr<titz@tito.fr>, tite@tito.fr<tite@tito.fr>," How can I do to send My emails to the Bcc's addresses too ??? Does someone know something about this ??? Thanks for your hel...

Redirect mail already in mail queue
I relay mail for a domain that is having connection problems at the moment. I have a script which moves the mail for this domain to a different queue directory so that they do not lose there mail through bounces. Is there anyway that I can send the already queued mail to a temporary webmail address so that they can at least read there mail until the network problems are sorted out. Ideally I would like to leave the mail in the queue but send a copy of each message to some webmail address. Any help appreciated. -- Adrian Think you know a language? Post to comp.lang... and find out! Adrian wrote: > I relay mail for a domain that is having connection problems at the > moment. I have a script which moves the mail for this domain to a > different queue directory so that they do not lose there mail through > bounces. > > Is there anyway that I can send the already queued mail to a temporary > webmail address so that they can at least read there mail until the > network problems are sorted out. > > Ideally I would like to leave the mail in the queue but send a copy of > each message to some webmail address. > > Any help appreciated. No need now - host is back up. -- Adrian Think you know a language? Post to comp.lang... and find out! ...

Delete/flush outdated mails in mail queue
Hi, my mail queue is getting bigger and bigger and seems like occupyin lots of space in my server. I want to delete those outdated mails i the queue. Is there anybody know that what's the command t flush/delete those outdated mails from the queue? If I'm not wrong "sendmail -q -v" can flush the mail queue. What's the extra paramete should I use to clear the outdated mails? Please Help Cheers, Joh - john_tige ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message535480.htm john_tiger wrote: > Hi, my mail queue is getting bigger and bigger and seems like occupying > lots of space in my server. I want to delete those outdated mails in > the queue. Is there anybody know that what's the command to > flush/delete those outdated mails from the queue? If I'm not wrong, > "sendmail -q -v" can flush the mail queue. What's the extra parameter > should I use to clear the outdated mails? Please Help Didn't you start the daemon with -q1h or some similar option so it runs the queue periodically? Check the timeout options in your mc/cf file, unless you changed them, mails should stay no longer than 5 days in the queue. See doc/op/op.* and cf/README. 2.3. The Mail Queues 4.1.3. Message timeouts -- A: Maybe because some peopl...

help: how do I delete a specific mail from the mail queue?
I'm using sendmail 8 on RH9. I want to delete a specific mail from the mail queue. Is there not a simple way to do this? I can't seem to find the info anywhere. I am not using Postfix btw, and I only seem to be able to find a postfix command to do this but that doesn't work. Thanks in advance. Regards, Tobias Skytte Tobias Skytte wrote: > I'm using sendmail 8 on RH9. I want to delete a specific mail from the > mail queue. Is there not a simple way to do this? I can't seem to find There is no simple way because mail is not supposed to be deleted while in transit. It should either get delivered or the sender should be informed about non-delivery. To do that, use sendmail -qIqueueid -O Timeout.queuereturn=now See man sendmail If you really want to delete the mail, take a look at contrib/qtool.pl PS: If the item isn't locked, you could simply remove its queue files (qf and df, check the output of mailq). -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? Claus A�mann <ca+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@mine.informatik.uni-kiel.de> wrote in message news:<ch9up5$i6t$1@zardoc.esmtp.org>... > sendmail -qIqueueid -O Timeout.queuereturn=now > Thanks alot, that works great. There is one 'legitimate' reason for deleting mails in transit IMHO, in our LAN ...

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I can synchronize the mail on both machines? Failing that, is there a way -- besides doing it message-by-message -- to save the text and attachments from new mail messages? Problem two: Though by all means I can understand, both PBs are set up exactly the same way and certainly the mail prefs are the same, when I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at home, it opens Firefox to the correct page, just like it ought to do, but if I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at the shop, the mail window flashes once, but nothing opens. Both PBs are set up with Firefox as the default browser. What in the ding-dong am I doing wrong? Thanks! Bart Brown ...

mail stays in mail-queue but alternative MX is available.
Dear group, My environment: Solaris 11 with Sendmail Version 8.14.8 Last Friday we had a problem with our DNS servers for a short time. DNS was= not working internally. We have one external which was responding correclt= y all over the time. During that time a mail was generated and should be se= nt to aon.at=20 AON has 2 MX: mx10.aon.at. and mx20.aon.at. with value 10 and 20 )=20 This e-mail was queued with a syslog message:=20 relay=3Dmx10.aon.at. [213.33.98.148], dsn=3D4.0.0, stat=3DDeferred: Connect= ion timed out with mx10.aon.at. After a short time the DNS issue was solved. A second e-mail was sent to AO= N.=20 This was delivered very fast to relay=3Dmx20.aon.at. [195.3.96.71]=20 The first e-mail was in the queue for 2 days ( i have confTO_QUEUERETURN = =3D 2d ) and then the sender got a Failed Delivery Notification for the fir= st e-mail.=20 mx10.aon.at is not available till now. I am not sure if this problem is really related to the DNS issue we had.=20 Why didn't the sendmail process check the possibility to deliver the queued= e-mail to mx20.aon.at. This was available all the time. I thought - and th= is is maybe a misunderstanding by myself - the sendmail process is trying a= ll MX for a domain if it tries to deliver an e-mail out of the queue.=20 Kind regards=20 Hans=20 --=20 Hans Mayer wrote: > This e-mail was queued with a syslog message: > relay=mx10.aon.at. [213.33.98.148], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Def...

Re: Delete/flush outdated mails in mail queue
john_tiger wrote: > *Didn't you start the daemon with -q1h or some similar option so it > runs the queue periodically? > > Check the timeout options in your mc/cf file, unless you changed > them, mails should stay no longer than 5 days in the queue. > > See doc/op/op.* and cf/README. > 2.3. The Mail Queues > 4.1.3. Message timeouts > -- > A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. > Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally rea > text. > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?* Thanks for the reply. I didn't use -q1h to send mail, I used onl sendmail -t. I will try using -q1h in future, and use it together wit -bd. Now there are so many mails in the queue and wanted to delete off thos mails that stuck in the queue. Any special command for that? Another question is, can I delete or empty the /var/mail/root if th file getting bigger? Thanks, Joh - john_tige ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message535480.htm ...

Pending Mail-Mail.box
I'm running Domino 6.5 and Windows2000 on my SMTP server. I'm getting a few complaints that internet email, inbound and outbound, sometimes takes 10 or more hours to deliver. I have 2 mail.box'es. I open them and they have email that is more than 24 hours old that is still Pending. IBM support keeps telling me thats normal. That doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't mail.box be continually cearling itself out? What should I be looking at? buckeyedave84@hotmail.com (BuckeyeDave) wrote: >I'm running Domino 6.5 and Windows2000 on my SMTP server. I'm...

mail.app does not fetch mail
Hi: For the last four days mail.app has refused to fetch any mail from my pop account. As far as I know, I have made no changes to my system or the mail app. I know I have new mail because I can access my mail via pine on the shell account at the isp. Mail tries, it logs on, checks password successfully, then spends a little too long on "checking for messages" and finds none. I've not tried any other methods of checking my email as none of the mailers I have around seem to support ssl. Any help greatly appreciated! Eric In article <250120041742285724%UNericfiveSPAM@online.ie>, Eric Rainey <UNericfiveSPAM@online.ie> wrote: > Hi: > For the last four days mail.app has refused to fetch any mail from my > pop account. As far as I know, I have made no changes to my system or > the mail app. I know I have new mail because I can access my mail via > pine on the shell account at the isp. > Mail tries, it logs on, checks password successfully, then spends a > little too long on "checking for messages" and finds none. > I've not tried any other methods of checking my email as none of the > mailers I have around seem to support ssl. > Any help greatly appreciated! > Eric Same thing's been happening with my version of Mail.app, v. 1.2.5. Problems started a few days ago when checking my DotMac account. The mailbox soon went dim. Under the Mailbox Menu, I noticed the DotMac account was Offline. Restorin...

Mail.app Mailing List?
Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I find it?? -- Bob Batson rcb@kc.rr.com "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" Bob Batson wrote: > Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I > find it?? > Not sure if it's what your asking, but the Address Book application allows you to create mailing lists, and there's lots of information in the Address Book Help file. Once you've created the list, you can select it and use it in the Mail application. In article <rcYye...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM ...

mail() goes to Junk Mail
Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to @xyz.com junk mail folders. Why is that so? How can I fix it? Thank you, --Andre Phandana On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:53:18 -0500, "Andre Phandana" <aphandan@purdue.edu> wrote: >Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to >@xyz.com junk mail folders. >Why is that so? Have you asked the mail administrator of xyz.com? >How can I fix it? There's the flippant answer of "don't send junk", but it might be better if you posted an example of how you're sending your email and an example of its contents. -- Andy Hassall / <andy@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk> <http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool "Andre Phandana" wrote: > Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email > goes to > @xyz.com junk mail folders. > Why is that so? > How can I fix it? > > Thank you, > > --Andre Phandana There are some ways mail receivers determine an email to be "junk". Avaoid using numbers in the email address. Make sure the receiver can do a "reverse DNS lookup", i.e. send the mail from proper domain. It is true that with today�s junk mail filters, very many legit emails end up there as well. -- http://www.dbForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request Articles individually ch...

Mail.app
I lost some mail today. I had dragged a couple of folders to a new location. When I looked in the folders, it appeared the mail was there but everything was empty. I tried rebuilding the folders and the headers disappeared as well. At that point I was pretty desperate. Most of the mail was from today and would not be on my backup. I restarted the computer and rebuilt the folders again. Low-and-behold, most of the mail came back but not all of it and I am still missing a couple of items I can not afford to lose. So, what did I do, so I can avoid doing it again? How can ...

Release mail in the Mail.box
Hello, I'm knid of new to Notes admin, I have some mail in the mail.box waiting to go out. Is there a way I can force the messages to go out? I had some firewall issues, but the firewall issues are taken care of and now I need to get the mail out. Thanks, d ...

No SMTP mail out or mail logs
I'm running lenny with exim4, fetchmail, and mutt. Procmail is not installed. Mail coming in from the POP mail server works, but mail out disappears. A probably related problem is that no mail.* logs are created, although they are set up in /etc/rsyslog.conf. My exim4 is probably configured correctly (I've used it for years). But just in case, this is what I have: choose mail sent by smarthost; received via fetchmail system mailname: teufel.historicalMaterialism.info other destinations: historicalMaterialism.info mailname of outgoing smarthost: mail.historicalmatrialism.info::527 etc. I'm connected via wifi card to an AP/router. It has address 192.168.1.1: $ netstat -nr Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irttIface 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth1 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth1 This is my hosts file, which is a bit different than in the past, I used to have 127.0.0.1 <domainname> localhost.localdomain localhost, and I'm not sure this new arrangement is correct. $ cat /etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 localhost 127.0.1.1 teufel.historicalMaterialism.info teufel As for interfaces, my wifi card driver uses eth1 rather than wlan0. It is UP, but so is eth0, which has no CAT5 cable connected at this point. My machine IP on the local net is 192.168.1.5 eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:09:5b:41:54:21 ...

Vacation mail with mail.app
Here is a script I wrote for vacation notices; it will send the notice only once to each person you receive mail from. I suggest running it after any rules to file mailing list items into folders, so that it doesn't send vacation mail notices to the lists. The actual notice is sent by the rule; the script is what keeps the rule from sending more than one notice to any given address. First set up an address-book group named "Vacation" Then set up a rule with the criterion "If sender is not a member of group Vacation" Set up the actions Reply to Message Run Applescript (choose the following script to be run) Note 1: I have not fully tested this script, but I believe that it will work properly. Note 2: The script assumes that if the sender's name has three words, they are first, middle, and last; that there is no prefix (such as "Dr.") or suffix (such as "Jr."). It also assumes that if the sender's name has more than three words, the first and second words are the first and middle names, and the last word is the last name. tell application "Mail" perform mail action with messages messages_to_process for rule "vacation" repeat with message_to_process in messages_to_process set the_sender to the sender of the message_to_process my add_to_list(my parse_the_sender(the_sender)) end repeat end tell to add_to_list({FN, MN, LN, email_sender}) tell application "Add...

Mail refuses to get mail
2 weeks ago I noticed that Mail.app didn't get the mail from 1 of my 2 IMAP accounts (set to collect mail every 5 minutes). The other account, on the same server continued working normally. The problem was solved after a reboot. Yesterday the other account was stuck in the same way. This time a relaunch of Mail.app sufficed. Strange and nasty problem. Anyone experiencing similar problems? Any permanent solutions except switching to another e-mail client? (I am considering Thunderbird now). System: Intel iMac, 24", 2.8 GHz, 4 Gb RAM Snow Leopard 10.6.1 Mail 4.1 -- Zala zala(a...

Web resources about - mails in the mail queue - comp.mail.sendmail

Mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about postal services. For electronic mail, see Email . For other uses, see Mail (disambiguation) and Postal service (disambiguation) ...

Mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about postal services. For electronic mail, see Email . For other uses, see Mail (disambiguation) and Postal service (disambiguation) ...

- - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -
Stout Mac & Cheese. Yes, Yes & Please! Mar 15, 2013 A Green Apple, Cheesy Guinness Melt? Yes Please!

Herald Mail Media: Tri-State breaking news, sports, business, entertainment, weather and traffic
Tri-State breaking news, sports, business, entertainment, weather and traffic

Anderson Independent Mail: Local Anderson, South Carolina News Delivered Throughout the Day.
Current news for Anderson, SC and its surrounding communities brought to you by Anderson Independent Mail. Features local Anderson, South Carolina ...

Home - The Globe and Mail
The Globe and Mail offers the most authoritative news in Canada, featuring national and international news

Birmingham news, features, information and sport from the Birmingham Mail
Updated around the clock with Birmingham news, information, what's on, comment and in-depth coverage of Aston Villa, Birmingham City, West Brom, ...

Home - Mail Online
MailOnline - all the latest news, sport, showbiz, science and health stories from around the world from the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers ...

Zambia Daily Mail
GOSPEL GROOVES with FELIX NYAMBEACCLAIMED worship and praise gospel minister, Don Moen, is scheduled to be part of the Thanks Giving service ...

Thousands join Sunday Mail Bay-City fun-run - AdelaideNow Search Search
IT was a perfect autumn morning for runners and walkers taking part in the Sunday Mail Bay-City fun-run.