Problem sending mail with sendmail and php - wrong sender!

When i send mail using mail() in php i receive from my external smtp
server a message such that:

Sep  3 17:30:15 xxxxxxx postfix/smtpd[898]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
unknown[yyyyyyyy]: 450 <apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it>: Sender address
rejected: Domain not found; from=<apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it>
to=<marco.pppppppppppppp@xxxxxxx.it> proto=ESMTP
helo=<apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it>

Where zzzzzzzzzz is name of the Linux machine
uuu.hhh.it   is the domain

I need that sender is     someone@uuu.hhh.it    and not
apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it

Do you know where must i change this parameter of configuration?

Well, this a php problem. Sendmail sends mail, that's all. I use a little
function so send:

function SendEmail ( $Address, $Title, $Body, $Extra = "" )
{
        $Headers = "From: PHP AutoMailer
        <no-reply@mycompany.co.nz>\r\nX-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion();
        if ( $Extra != "" )
        {
                $Headers .= "\r\n" . $Extra;
        }
        $Return = mail ( $Address, $Title, wordwrap ($Body, 70 ), $Headers );
}

Then you've set up the from: address properly.

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 08:50:13 -0700, bertainafederico
wrote:

> When i send mail using mail() in php i receive from my external smtp
> server a message such that:
>
> Sep  3 17:30:15 xxxxxxx postfix/smtpd[898]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
> unknown[yyyyyyyy]: 450 <apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it>: Sender address
> rejected: Domain not found; from=<apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it>
> to=<marco.pppppppppppppp@xxxxxxx.it> proto=ESMTP
> helo=<apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it>
>

> Where zzzzzzzzzz is name of the Linux machine
> uuu.hhh.it   is the domain
>

> I need that sender is     someone@uuu.hhh.it    and not
> apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it
>
> Do you know where must i change this parameter of configuration?
0
steve3852 (58)

PHP logs not working, and unable to send mail through sendmail via PHP
Hoping someone can help me out with this problem. First problem, is I am unable to view my php error log. In my php.ini I have my log in /var/www/logs/php_error_log. However, it has remained empty. Secondly, my sendmail works fine from command prompt. However, when trying to send mail through a php script (I have tried a couple), it says it is succesfull, but my mail logs show nothing going out. No error messages. Can someone take a look at my snippets below of my logging and my mail options and suggest some things for me to try please? Thanks. :) -Wayne Stevenson [PHP] ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; About this file ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; This is the recommended, PHP 4-style version of the php.ini-dist file. It ; sets some non standard settings, that make PHP more efficient, more secure,........ ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; Error handling and logging ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; error_reporting is a bit-field. Or each number up to get desired error ; reporting level ; E_ALL - All errors and warnings ; E_ERROR - fatal run-time errors ; E_WARNING - run-time warnings (non-fatal errors) ; E_PARSE - compile-time parse errors ; E_NOTICE - run-time notices (these are warnings which often result ; from a bug in your code, but it's possible that it was ; intentional (e.g., using an uninitialized variable and ; relying on the fact it's automatically initia...

Switch off the "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" mail from sendmail ?
Hello ! Now i have here a little freebsd 6.3 server. This server receive and send my lokal and worldwide emails. When this server receive a mail with unqualified local user sendmail automatic generate the mail that says "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender". Somewhere spam known now that this mail adress has a reciving server and can probe other names before @ ? My ideas now is the feature switched off and no generate this ugly mail ? The mail with unqualified username can delete now ? Can somwhere help me to find the right option in my *.mc sendmail configuration file ? Thanxs 4 ever !!! ....Jaro ------------------------------------------------------ #!/usr/bin/perl foreach $c (split(/ /,"4a 61 72 6f 6d 96 72 20 50 72 69 6e 7a 6c 65 72")) { print pack("C", hex($c)); } Hello, Take a look on PrivacyOptions=noactualrecipient ...

sendmail 8.14.1 send mail authorization problem
I've got problem with sending mail via sendmail 8.14.1 on Fedora. Normaly I can send email to any server from access list, but I want to send it to all servers using send mail authorization. I put this lines to sendmail.mc: TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`LOGIN PLAIN')dnl define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `LOGIN PLAIN')dnl also: TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`EXTERNAL DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `EXTERNAL GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl As I said without this lines I can send emails to servers from access list. With this lines I cannot send anything. During authorization (with this linev above) server requests for password, I use the same as for reading mail via pop3, unfortunately it doesn't work, even if I try to send email to myself. There is no info in logs :( m4, makemap and restart works.. cyrus-sasl is installed. I've tried to put into /usr/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf this lines: pwcheck_method:saslauthd pwcheck_method:pam pwcheck_method:shadow pwcheck_method:passwd and nothing. /etc/pam.d/smtp looks like this: #%PAM-1.0 auth include system-auth account include system-auth telnet shows:: telnet localhost 25 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. 220 x.pl ESMTP Sendmail 8.14.1/8.14.1; Mon, 25 Jun 2007 19:43:30 +0200 ehlo localhost 250-x.pl Hello x.pl [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

PHP mail() function is sends emails to sendmail but they never get received
Hi... I got a really a nasty problem with my mail() function... I have a form mailer on my website which is using the mail() funcion of my own webserver. After sending a message the mail script is telling me that the email was send correct. But nobody is receiving it. I have tried a lot of different domains incase that the email address which I have used been blocked because of SPAM. The mail() function has worked for long time.....and I did nothing changed on the configuration. What is the reason for this? I couldn't find anything information regarding this problem. Thanks for your he...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

PHP + SENDMAIL = mail()
What are the steps to configure PHP and sendmail on a linux BOX (Specifically Fedora Core 2 or 3) in order to make mail() function to work ? I haven't done any changes ... my configuration files are as they came with Fedora Core Distro Any relating links, tutorials would be usefull.... Thanks This is the ERROR THAT I GET: Failed delivery status Final recipient adevletoglou@redcatmedia.net Reason for failure 501 5.1.8 <apache@localhost.localdomain>... Domain of sender address apache@localhost.localdomain does not exist Reporting mail server localhost.localdomain What and where do I have to configure ? > Are you sure it's a PHP.INI issue, or something else? For instance - Does > the domain localhost.localdomain actually exist? Is this server local to > you or on a webserver someplace? Do you have an MTA running on this host? > Jerry thanks for your reply, Actually I am not sure what I have to do... Server is a linux box in my LAN... I do not know what you mean when you ask if the localhost.localdomain exists .... and I don't know what is MTA or if I have to have it running ... Below are some lines from sendmail.mc ... Ihaven't configured anything there... so if you thing that I have to edit something , pls tell me by example. DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtps, Name...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thought it might be related to some terminate symbol, so i tried: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -messagefile=msg.txt which should send message from a file, but still, i get std input waiting for input, and unable to terminate except for ^C.) i am using the fedora distribution by the way. thanks. In article <4100396a-486b-4d25-b2e7-8fcb753a8c63@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com> jack.monflower@gmail.com writes: >hello, >i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... >nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) >so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: > ># /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com >... Type in message using headers etc >. > >and that's it, the message would be sent. >however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail >terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "...

Sendmail sends mail with "no valid sender in any header line"
Why is sendmail sending mail with "no valid sender"?? I just moved to a new server, using Sendmail 8.13.8. I can receive emails fine and some hosts accept emails from my domain. However, in my sendmail logs, I see many of the the following error messages: Feb 21 20:01:06 xxxx sm-mta[51025]: STARTTLS=client, relay=hosthidden.com., version=TLSv1/SSLv3, verify=FAIL, cipher=AES256-SHA, bits=256/256 Feb 21 20:01:12 xxxx sm-mta[51025]: l1M4158b051022: to=<user@hosthidden.com>, ctladdr=<rakey@host2hidden.com> (1003/1004), delay=00:00:07, xdelay=00:00:06, mailer=esmtp, pri=31147, relay=hosthidden.com. [209.123.15.18], dsn=5.0.0, stat=Service unavailable My colleague says his ISP told him the service unavailable message is due to the email being rejected because: "rejected after DATA: there is no valid sender in any header line" So, why is sendmail sending mail with "no valid sender"? Is there a sendmail config option I am missing? This wasn't happening using the same configuration on my old server. HELP! Ray A. Akey wrote: > Why is sendmail sending mail with "no valid sender"?? > > I just moved to a new server, using Sendmail 8.13.8. I can receive emails > fine and some hosts accept emails from my domain. > > However, in my sendmail logs, I see many of the the following error > messages: > > Feb 21 20:01:06 xxxx sm-mta[51025]: STARTTLS=client, relay=hosthidden.com., >...

php mail() not sending to mail Clients (ie, Outlook, Apple Mail, thunderbird, etc..)
I have a send mail script on my site that. The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients like Outlook, Mail, etc...) Is this a problem with the script, or is it something I must change in php ini file? Thanks in advance for any help. here is the code. (im using it in conjunction with javascript for some AJAX stuff) if(!isset($_GET['action'])) { die("You must not access this page directly!"); //Just to stop people from visiting contact.php normally } /* Now lets trim up the input before sending it */ $name = trim($_GET['name']); //The senders name $to = trim($_GET['maily']); //The senders email address $place = trim($_GET['place']); //The senders email address $subject = "you have recieved mail"; $headers = "From:$name"; $message = "{$name} deemed you worthy of receiving the following information/exchange from Trumpet.\n\n Follow This Link {$place}"; mail($to, $subject, $message,$headers); //a very simple send echo 'contactarea|<p class="sent">Article Sent!</p>'; //now lets update the "contactarea" div on the contact.html page. The contactarea| tell's the javascript which div to update. ?> shybe wrote: > I have a send mail script on my site that. > > The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients > like Outlook, Mail, etc...) > > Is this a problem with the script, or is it something ...

Apache->PHP-mail()->sendmail problem Debian 3.1
Hi! I can�t send mail from my webserver! I can't send mail from my netvork true sendmail! I run Linux Debian 3.1 Apache 1.3.3 PHP 4.4.4 sendmail 8.13.4 Using SMART_HOST Something special to lock after? Please send a copy to bengt@sm7jqb.se too! I use a local network/domain *.sm7jqb.lan Yes sendmail is running and I can send mail localy. I can send mail using Kmail to use sendmail localy, but I can't use smtp.sm7jqb.lan' as I want to do do from my XP-box. I want to send mail from evrtone in *.sm7jqb.lan I want to send mail from "PHP-mail()" running in this Linux-box user 'www-data' A line from /var/log/mail.log Apr 24 17:09:27 sm7jqb sendmail[6003]: k3OF9R8g006003: from=www-data, size=81, class=0, nrcpts=0, msgid=<200604241509.k3OF9R8g006003@sm7jqb.dnsalias.com>, relay=www-data@localhost generated from this code <?php if ( mail('apache@sm7jqb.se','Testmail !!','Hej, bara testar', 'From:bengt@sm7jqb.se') ) print "<br />Skickade epost"; else print "<br />Skickade INTE epost"; ?> and I got the message "Skickade INTE epost" And my /etc/mail/sendmail.mc define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.13.4-3sarge1 2006-03-22 22:41:17 cowboy Exp $') OSTYPE(`debian')dnl DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl dnl # Items controlled by /etc/mail/sendmail.conf - DO NOT TOUCH...

Apache->PHP-mail()->sendmail problem Debian 3.1 #2
Hi! I doing some progress here. Now it is 'only' PHP-mail() that dont talk to sendmail as it shuld do. My /etc/mail/sendmail.mc [...] define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.13.4-3sarge1 2006-03-22 22:41:17 cowboy Exp $') OSTYPE(`debian')dnl DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl dnl # Items controlled by /etc/mail/sendmail.conf - DO NOT TOUCH HERE undefine(`confHOST_STATUS_DIRECTORY')dnl #DAEMON_HOSTSTATS= dnl # Items controlled by /etc/mail/sendmail.conf - DO NOT TOUCH HERE dnl # dnl # General defines dnl # define(`SMART_HOST',`mail.smarthost.se') dnl dnl # dnl # SAFE_FILE_ENV: [undefined] If set, sendmail will do a chroot() dnl # into this directory before writing files. dnl # If *all* your user accounts are under /home then use that dnl # instead - it will prevent any writes outside of /home ! dnl # define(`confSAFE_FILE_ENV', `')dnl dnl # dnl # Daemon options - restrict to servicing LOCALHOST ONLY !!! dnl # Remove `, Addr=' clauses to receive from any interface dnl # If you want to support IPv6, switch the commented/uncommentd lines FEATURE(`no_default_msa')dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Family=inet, Name=MTA-v4, Port=smtp')dnl dnl # DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Family=inet, Name=MTA-v4-1, Port=smtp, Addr=mail.mylosal.dom')dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Family=inet, Name=MSP-v4, Port=submission')dnl I want one interface collect mail from my '*.myloca...

Problem with masquerading a senders' address using the /etc/mail/genericstable in sendmail 8.13.1
Hello, I have been struggling with trying to masquerade a senders' e-mail address using sendmail 8.13.1 on RedHat ES 4 (update 5). I am using the genericstable and my table looks like this: a02228 mmchugh@arrow.com a02228@localhost mmchugh@arrow.com a02228@usmlrh81.arrow.com mmchugh@arrow.com I also rebuilt the genericstable.db file via makemap hash /etc/mail/ genericstable < /etc/mail/genericstable and it worked no issue. I am trying to have any outbound mail coming from the unix user a02228 get re-written as being sent by mmchugh@arrow.com. l modified the sendmail.mc file with the following entries: MASQUERADE_AS(`arrow.com')dnl FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl FEATURE(`genericstable', `hash /etc/mail/genericstable')dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl I then make make -C /etc/mail which re-built the sendmail.cf file. This worked and I also tried the m4 rebuild which did the same thing, but I had to manually move the newly built sendmail.cf file in. I guess redhat provides the wrapper to move the file in via make. I also restarted the sendmail services so the new configuration file is read in via services sendmail restart. This too worked without error. Sendmail.cf is updated with the following information: # Generics table (mapping outgoing addresses) Kgenerics hash /etc/mail/genericstable After I do all of this, it still doesn't work. I send an e-mail on the unix / linux...

PHP mail() function failing to send mail
Hi everyone, Our setup: PHP 4.3.11, FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE, Sendmail 8.1, 1 host environment, 2 jails. Our problem: While we can send email from the command line just fine in one of the jails, we cannot use the php mail() command to send email using sendmail at all. The function, when executed, does absolutely nothing. No error, no reports to the maillog, nothing. I've read somewhere that it's "not possible" to send mail using the php mail() function within a freebsd jail, but i'm nearly certain we have it working this way on another server, but can't seem to figure out the issue. Anyone know any tests we can do to learn more? Thanks. Check out the log messages from your sendmail... If it's not logging anything, try increasing (temporarily) the log level (24 should be more than enough) Probability says that you're running into a permission issue with sendmail. Probably your PHP/Apache user is not allowed to relay email. I'm not sure this might apply since I am not familiar to BSD, but, had similar problems with a RH machine just a few days ago ...

Mail:Sender

php send mail problem

send mail without.. sendmail ?
It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon running? Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more than I can handle as a part time admin. Thanks, bl8n8r bad_knee <bl8n8r@yahoo.com> wrote: > It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run > sen...

Sendmail refuses to send mail
Hi, only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Thanks in advance! --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- newbie_at_sendmail wrote: > only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. > Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). > Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. > > What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Start by posting some log entries from an email that is bouncing. I would also be tempted to think about sniffing the SMTP traffic. However seeing as how the message is being rejected with a 4xx series code, it should still be in a mail queue on your system (presuming that it is the system your server is passing the message off to th...

Sendmail not sending mails immediately
Hello, We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails and we would like those mails to be sent immediately. Currently there are sitting in the queue a few minutes and then they get sent. I didn't configure anything differently no that box. And sendmail is running as the following: root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m My question now is: how do I configure sendmail to send immediately mails ? Regards > root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m > smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m Replace -q15m with -q1s Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. I should add that -q1s implies that sendmail will process the mail queue every single second... so it's unnecessary overhead. I suggest you try with -q1m so it's once every minute... it's not too bad, but it could still be too much overhead for your system. Try to find a compromise between response times and overhead. I suggest you read the sendmail manual page for further information about the command line options... Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. Syn <syn_NOSPAM_uw@hotmail.com> writes: >We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails an...

How to configure sendmail to send mails
FUP from comp.lang.python Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 15:38:25 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 5/9/2013 4:29 =CE=BC=CE=BC, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 feedth= etroll =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: >>> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to >>> setip up to work. >>> i cannot connect to it via my python script. >> OK, I should have been more exact: >> To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent, >> Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ... >> >> DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (=3D"mailbox management", "pop3(s)", >> "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a >> WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails= ..) >> >> So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access, >> don't you) and configure it. >> >> But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic. >=20 > i as root just inatslled >=20 > sendmail and mailx. i have edited the ~/.mailrc to use: > > nikos@superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# cat ~/.mailrc > account gmail { > set smtp-use-starttls > set smtp=3Dsmtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 > set smtp-auth=3Dlogin > set smtp-auth-user=3Dmay)gmail > set smtp-auth-password=3Dmy_gmail_pass_not_stupid_enough_to_w...

PHP Mail not sending mail to itnernal email address
Running a PHP mail script on Linux which has Exchange as the mail server. The script does not send mail to any internal email address but sends it to any other address outside its domain! Can somebody please help... Thanks Tanya www.bluent.co.in Hello, On 10/13/2003 03:29 AM, Tanya wrote: > Running a PHP mail script on Linux which has Exchange as the mail > server. > The script does not send mail to any internal email address but sends > it to any other address outside its domain! > Can somebody please help... If the message is not delivered, it is probably being rejected and you should get a bounce in the return address. If you do not get a bounce, maybe your Linux server is still retrying and the message is trapped in a queue. To analyse your problem and have a quick answer to what it can be, you may want to try this class that comes with a wrapper function named smtp_mail(). It emulates the mail() function so you can replace it without further changes. You just need to set it to direct delivery mode, so it tries to send to your Exchange server immediately instead of leaving in your local queue. If the message is rejected, you will get a self-explanatory error message that can tell you what is going on. http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage You also need this: http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass -- Regards, Manuel Lemos Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP http://www.phpclasses.org/ Hello, On 10/13/2003 03:29 AM, Tanya wro...

Web resources about - Problem sending mail with sendmail and php - wrong sender! - comp.mail.sendmail

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...