hi this is sasidhar,

we have CentOS5 with default sendmail configuration.
Initially it is sending mails to gmail, yahoo etc. last few days it is
not sending mails to yahoo.
In maillog I observed that for yahoo mails the stat value is deferred.
I tried everything by browsing google but I didn't find any solution
to this problem.
Finally I came here with lots of hope.

In mail queue there are more than 1 lack, most of them yahoo, rediff
etc. For gmail it is not giving any problem every mail is going.

please give any suggestions to solve this problem.

Thanks,
sasidhar.

On 11/5/2009 11:36 PM, sasidhar prabhakar wrote:
> hi this is sasidhar,
>
> we have CentOS5 with default sendmail configuration.
> Initially it is sending mails to gmail, yahoo etc. last few days it is
> not sending mails to yahoo.
> In maillog I observed that for yahoo mails the stat value is deferred.
> I tried everything by browsing google but I didn't find any solution
> to this problem.
> Finally I came here with lots of hope.
>
> In mail queue there are more than 1 lack, most of them yahoo, rediff
> etc. For gmail it is not giving any problem every mail is going.
>
> please give any suggestions to solve this problem.
>
> Thanks,
> sasidhar.

Deferred is generally not a problem. As your queue runs (usually, once
an hour), it will try again (and again, as necessary).

You can force sendmail to run the queue by running it with the -q
command-line argument.

Hope this helps,
0
meh1 (3)
11/6/2009 3:31:52 PM
sasidhar prabhakar <sasidhar1229@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi this is sasidhar,
>
> we have CentOS5 with default sendmail configuration.
> Initially it is sending mails to gmail, yahoo etc. last few days it is
> not sending mails to yahoo.
> In maillog I observed that for yahoo mails the stat value is deferred.
> I tried everything by browsing google but I didn't find any solution
> to this problem.
> Finally I came here with lots of hope.
>
> In mail queue there are more than 1 lack, most of them yahoo, rediff
> etc. For gmail it is not giving any problem every mail is going.
>
> please give any suggestions to solve this problem.

Push the queued messages in verbose mode (with SMTP session tracking)
to get more "hints".

As root execute:

  sendmail -v -qR@yahoo.com

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip@gmail.com
Open-Sendmail: http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/

anyway thanks for ur replies.
how to configure dkim and domainkeys.
Is this solves the problem.

thanks,
sasidhar.

unable to forward mail from 1 sendmail server to another sendmail server
Hi, i have a setup like this: box A ---> box B ---> sends to the world. sendmail, solaris 9. what is happening is as follows: Application on box A generates mail (for the users, who can be from anywhere) forwards it to box B which sends it out. The box A is forwarding mail to box B, only for the users of the domain, ie if there is a user is having a gmail id the mail is NOT forwarded from box A ----> box B. If i do a nslookup on gmail on box A it resolves properly. XXXXXX Message 2: >From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Oct 26 12:14:26 2005 Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) Fro...

Problem to send out the mails with SENDMAIL
Hi, am using RedHat 9 and sendmail. I can send mail to internal box of the same Linux station. a have problem to send mail out of office by using another smtp server of company wich is connected to internet. my DNS configuration work fine. I can ping my smtp server and connect to smtp port (all work fine) I think that a problem is around "sendmail.cf" or "sendmail.mc" The sendmail log file informe that the messages sended are queued. I am using command line to test (mail) you can find my configuration file bellow : can somone help me ? Thanks a lot for your help @ns +...

Problem with Mail,mail won�t send
My partner has a G4 with OS X 10.3.9. Recently lots of messages have refused to send from her Mail Outbox,resulting in the App beachballing/having to be ForceQuit. Sometimes she gets the following error message:- �This message could not be delivered and will remain in your Outbox until it can be delivered. Verify that you have addressed the msg correctly.Check smtp settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced setup with your system administrator�. I�ve tried the following things:- Repair permissions Zap PRAM Rebuild Mailboxes Tried trashing Mail prefs but when she tries to log in agai...

Yahoo mail problems
Hi, Noted that others have had problems with Yahoo mail. I sometimes simply do not receive emails - I am told they are sent, but I check my inbox, bulk and trash folder and they are nowhere to be found. This, though rarely, seems to happen with email sent from Latvian addresses - with .lv extension. Perhaps there might be some built in blocking in Yahoo mail? Funny thing is it is not constant - sometimes mail from an address will be delivered, and sometimes it won't. I see nothing in my filters that would cause the messages to fail to be delivered. I am even a paying user (yahoo mail p...

Import send mails from Gmail into Mail? How?
I just set up Mail to import the mail from Gmail - but it only imports the inbox. How can I import the 'send mail' folder? TIA Markus Markus Winter <beyonder@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > I just set up Mail to import the mail from Gmail - but it only imports > the inbox. How can I import the 'send mail' folder? It doesn't import Gmail, it accesses your Gmail account via their POP server. It's getting your Inbox items by retrieving them from the server, not by importing them. Any messages you send using Mail will go to the Sent box, but as far as I know ...

Hi there, It seems send mail doesn't send mail to external mail account in my FreeBSD 4.8 BOX. However, I'm able to receive mail from external mail, such as yahoo, hotmail account. My config is: FreeBSD 4.8 ISP: bell Sympatico high speed with dynamic IP address. SMTP port is enabled on the router/firewall. Can anyone help? bluesnow#mail -v calvin2k_cn@yahoo.com Subject: This is a test. Do you hear me? EOT calvin2k_cn@yahoo.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 bluesnow.gotdns.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.8p1/8.12.8; Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:14:51 -0400 (EDT) &...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hell...

Hello all, I am setting up a very secure Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server version 4 update 6 server. My sendmail version is 8.13.1. My mail server is a Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 with its patches. They are both on the same subnet. DNS is on and it will resolve the mail server's name and IP. SSH, SCP, SFTP, and such tools are the only networkable protocols on. NFS if off, MOUNTD is off, PORTMAP is off, and such. Until just recently sendmail was off on the RHEL server as part of the hardening procedure. However part of the auditing requirements is for a mail messag...

Cant send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
I use the netstat to get the following information: tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32768 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:32769 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:109 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:110 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 ...

Problem sending mail via sendmail
Hello all, First off, please forgive me as I am not very familiar with sendmail, so my question may be worded poorly or the answer may be very obvious. I am setting up a new mail server running sendmail as the MTA. I am attempting to configure it so that anyone on our IP block can access it and send mail via SMTP without a username or password, and to reject mail from outside sources. Well, I can get it to reject mail, all right: everything comes back with this error: An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.1 <matt.singerman@gmail.com>... Relaying denie...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Web resources about - problem with sendmail, not sending mails to some mail servers like yahoo except gmail - comp.mail.sendmail

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...