queueup: cannot create queue file ./qfi7L0aMOG024964, euid=25: Permission denied

Hello

I am running Solaris 9 and sendmail 8.12.9. It was working fine until
I corrupted the root filesystem. Fortunately I had a copy of the root
file system on another disk that I had taken by using a combination of
the ufsdump and ufsrestore commands. So I used that to rebuild the
root system disk but now get an error message when trying to send an
e-mail:

# collect: Cannot write ./dfi7L0aMOG024964 (bfcommit, uid=25, gid=25):
Permission denied
queueup: cannot create queue file ./qfi7L0aMOG024964, euid=25:
Permission denied
Aug 20 17:36:23 u5 sendmail[24964]: [ID 801593 mail.alert]
i7L0aMOG024964: SYSERR(root): queueup: cannot create queue file
../qfi7L0aMOG024964, euid=25: Permission denied

The protection on the directories are:

#  ls -ld /  /etc /etc/mail /usr /var /var/spool /var/spool/mqueue
drwxr-xr-x  38 root     root        1536 Aug 20 17:36 /
drwxr-xr-x  53 root     sys         3584 Aug 19 20:08 /etc
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     mail        1024 Jun 17 22:51 /etc/mail
drwxrwxr-x  37 root     other       1024 Jun 17 23:01 /usr
drwxr-xr-x  32 root     other        512 Jun 17 22:41 /var
drwxr-xr-x  12 root     bin          512 Jun 17 22:41 /var/spool
drwxr-x---   2 root     mail         512 Aug 19 11:51
/var/spool/mqueue

Any ideas on how I can solve this problem? Thank you.
0
ofranmar (2)

Olivier Delaporte wrote:

> I am running Solaris 9 and sendmail 8.12.9. It was working fine until

> # collect: Cannot write ./dfi7L0aMOG024964 (bfcommit, uid=25, gid=25):
> Permission denied

> drwxr-x---   2 root     mail         512 Aug 19 11:51
> /var/spool/mqueue

There are more files/directories involved.  Please check the
permissions as stated in sendmail/SECURITY:

-r-xr-sr-x	root   smmsp	... /PATH/TO/sendmail
drwxrwx---	smmsp  smmsp	... /var/spool/clientmqueue
drwx------	root   wheel	... /var/spool/mqueue
-r--r--r--	root   wheel	... /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
-r--r--r--	root   wheel	... /etc/mail/submit.cf

If that doesn't help, post the permissions for those
files/directories, and the output of

grep smmsp /etc/passwd /etc/group

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Claus A�mann <ca+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@mine.informatik.uni-kiel.de> wrote in message news:<cg6f54$ev4$1@zardoc.esmtp.org>...
> Olivier Delaporte wrote:
>
> > I am running Solaris 9 and sendmail 8.12.9. It was working fine until
>
> > # collect: Cannot write ./dfi7L0aMOG024964 (bfcommit, uid=25, gid=25):
> > Permission denied
>
> > drwxr-x---   2 root     mail         512 Aug 19 11:51
> > /var/spool/mqueue
>
> There are more files/directories involved.  Please check the
> permissions as stated in sendmail/SECURITY:
>
> -r-xr-sr-x	root   smmsp	... /PATH/TO/sendmail
> drwxrwx---	smmsp  smmsp	... /var/spool/clientmqueue
> drwx------	root   wheel	... /var/spool/mqueue
> -r--r--r--	root   wheel	... /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
> -r--r--r--	root   wheel	... /etc/mail/submit.cf
>
> If that doesn't help, post the permissions for those
> files/directories, and the output of
>
> grep smmsp /etc/passwd /etc/group

I had omitted to check the protection and ownership on /var/spool/clientmqueue.
Everything works fine now.

Thank you

OLivier Delaporte
0
ofranmar (2)

STARTTLS=client: file /etc/mail/tls/sendmail-common.key unsafe: Permission denied
I just upgraded from 8.12.3 to 8.12.11 and I get the following errors on startup: STARTTLS=client: file /etc/mail/tls/sendmail-common.key unsafe: Permission denied The permissions for the file are: -r-------- 1 root smmsp sendmail-common.key The permissions for the directory are: drwxr-xr-x 2 root smmsp 432 Jan 25 12:39 tls What is the fix? I have tried all the obvious group/ownership permissions changes and can't get it to work... I ran the debug for sendmail: sendmail -bs -d44.8 results: safefile(/etc/mail/submit.cf, uid=0, gid=0, flags=6000, mode=400): safedi...

Permission Denied on newly created text file please help
I am trying to write to a file created with fso.CreateTextFile directly after creation but keep getting permission denied error. I may be wrong but I dont see how the file could already be open or why this might be happening. Any help gratefully received. Set TS = FSO.CreateTextFile(path) '-- write to file here. TS.Close Set TS = Nothing If you didn't use TS.Close the file is still open. _____________________________ mayayXXana1a@mindYYspring.com For return email remove XX and YY. _____________________________ Andy Pandy <newbie.x1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message...

Sendmail 8.12.10 queue file permissions 600
On a sendmail 8.12.10 list server, I'm seeing intermittent problems along the lines of: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ciuc6e%247rg%2405%241%40news.t-online.com I don't see a final answer to that thread. Basically, "sometimes," some qf files are created sympa.smmsp, mode 600, hence the smmsp queue runner can't read them. My guess is that it happens more often when messages are split into queue groups, but I haven't done exhaustive tests. I do have some unusual options to split queue groups: QUEUE_GROUP(`unet', `P=/var/spool/mqueue/unet, F=f, R=4, r=200,...

file permissions on files created with lotofile
when using lotofile the files created (on linux) get permissions 600 owned by informix:informix. this prohibits scenarios where for example a web server will be able to read these files by being in the same group as the directory, with group sticky bit on, where these files get created. normally the sitcky bit would make sure the file created in that directory would be accessible by members of the same group. the functions neither follows permissions as set by umask during server startup. 1. can these permissions be controlled through informix? 2. any suggestions for above mentione...

"Permission denied to create file" message from untar
I'm using Matlab's untar and I keep getting the message: "Warning: Permission denied to create file "foo.bar". The error comes from line 106 in extractArchive.m, and according to the comments in that m-file, this means that "the file is trying to be written into a directory with insufficient privileges." Anyone know how to fix this in Windows XP and Matlab 7.4? I'm the administrator with full permissions, so I'm not sure why Matlab is unable to create a directory that it can write to. It might have something to do with the fact that files and direct...

Got "permission denied" when creating a posix message queue.
Below code is the excise from Unix network programming: IPC. But after building the code using : g++ thisfile.cpp -lrt running: a.out /tmp/mq.1234 will cause the code print "errno=13 Permission denied". How to solve this issue? Thank you! #include <mqueue.h> #include <errno.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #define FILE_MODE S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR int main(int argc, char** argv){ int c, flags; mqd_t mqd; flags = O_RDWR|O_CREAT; while( ( c = getopt(argc, argv, &...

Permission denied when opening a file that was created concurrently by os.rename (Windows)
Hello! I've hit a strange problem that I reduced to the following test case: * Run several python processes in parallel that spin in the following loop: while True: if os.path.isfile(fname): with open(fname, 'rb') as f: f.read() break * Then, run another process that creates a temporary file and then renames it to the name than other processes are expecting * Now, some of the reading processes occasionally fail with "Permission denied" OSError I was able to reproduce it on two Windows 7 64-bit machines. It seems when the file appe...

mysqld Can't start server: can't create PID file: Permission denied
I am kind of stuck and not sure why I can't start the mysqld sever. Here is my logs and folder permissions. [root@dev me]# /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /home/me/mysql/data STOPPING server from pid file /home/me/mysql/data/dev.pid 071117 20:53:26 mysqld ended /home/me/mysql/data/dev.err: 071117 20:53:26 mysqld started 071117 20:53:26 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/home/me/mysql/data/dev.pid' (Errcode: 13) 071117 20:53:26 [ERROR] Can't start server: can't create PID file: Permission denied 071...

mail.local /var/mail/[username]: Permission denied
Hello all - I'm hoping someone can spot what should be an obvious error in the situation below. I've been looking at it too long and I'm sure I'm overlooking something. I am seeing errors in my outgoing mail server log as below. Some local users are unable to send mail due to reported permission errors. Apparently mail is not being allowed to my local domain(s). This server handles outbound mail only. Sendmail information Version 8.14.3 Compiled with: DNSMAP LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NETINET NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELININ...

setting default file permissions for every file created
Hi Not sure if this is the right group for this questions, so apologies in advance. My problem is that I have a small 3 Mac network set up, and I want to have a central file server on one of the machines, so that any file created on any machine can be accessed, modified and saved without having 3 copies of it floating around. I have set up the network so all mahines can see the folder I wish to use and I have created a group with each user in it, using sharepoints, allowing the R&W permission for that folder. But as soon as I create a file (say a word doc) it is given only read only pe...

Create a file handler to allow more permission checking on files open?
Hi, Is there a way to (with the win32 api) create a file handler which will detect when a user is attempting to open a file and then write some code to do some business rule checks and set the files permissions and then continue with the opening process? I know that I can use HTTP file handlers in .net but this is only for a web site I want this to be for all files... anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Scott <scott.pyke@midware.com.au> wrote in message news:1106012854.411022.312280@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to (with the win32 api...

How to enable Mail Directory instead of Mail File in Sendmail/Procmail?
Hi, Again a newbie question. I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in seperate file). thanks Rohit. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com> writes: > Again a newbie question. > > I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to > know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each > mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in > seperate fi...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local...

File permissions after create
I'm talking about Open Object Rexx 4.1 running under Linux (ubuntu). I was running with "umask 0037" but I don't think this is relevant. If I use the command sequence: File = 'x.x' Call SysFileDelete file 'touch' file then I end up with an "x.x" with permissions -rw-r----- If, instead, I use the sequence: Call sysfiledelete file Call stream file,'open write' Call stream file,'c','close' then I end up with an "x.x" with permissions -rw------- So, I've lost group-read (g+r) in this process. Is ...

Web resources about - queueup: cannot create queue file ./qfi7L0aMOG024964, euid=25: Permission denied - comp.mail.sendmail