Re: Delete/flush outdated mails in mail queue

john_tiger wrote:
> *Didn't you start the daemon with -q1h or some similar option so it
> runs the queue periodically?
>
> Check the timeout options in your mc/cf file, unless you changed
> them, mails should stay no longer than 5 days in the queue.
>
> See doc/op/op.* and cf/README.
> 2.3.  The Mail Queues
> 4.1.3.  Message timeouts
> --
> A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
> Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)?
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally rea
> text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?*

Thanks for the reply. I didn't use -q1h to send mail, I used onl
sendmail -t. I will try using -q1h in future, and use it together wit
-bd.

Now there are so many mails in the queue and wanted to delete off thos
mails that stuck in the queue. Any special command for that?

Another question is, can I delete or empty the /var/mail/root if th
file getting bigger?

Thanks,
Joh

-
john_tige

Re: Delete/flush outdated mails in mail queue #2
john_tiger wrote: > *Didn't you start the daemon with -q1h or some similar option so it > runs the queue periodically? > > Check the timeout options in your mc/cf file, unless you changed > them, mails should stay no longer than 5 days in the queue. > > See doc/op/op.* and cf/README. > 2.3. The Mail Queues > 4.1.3. Message timeouts > -- > A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. > Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally rea > text. > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?* Thanks for the reply. I didn't use -q1h to send mail, I used onl sendmail -t. I will try using -q1h in future, and use it together wit -bd. Now there are so many mails in the queue and wanted to delete off thos mails that stuck in the queue. Any special command for that? Another question is, can I delete or empty the /var/mail/root if th file getting bigger? Thanks, Joh - john_tige ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message535480.htm ...

Re: Delete/flush outdated mails in mail queue #3
john_tiger wrote: > *Didn't you start the daemon with -q1h or some similar option so it > runs the queue periodically? > > Check the timeout options in your mc/cf file, unless you changed > them, mails should stay no longer than 5 days in the queue. > > See doc/op/op.* and cf/README. > 2.3. The Mail Queues > 4.1.3. Message timeouts > -- > A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. > Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally rea > text. > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?* Thanks for the reply. I didn't use -q1h to send mail, I used onl sendmail -t. I will try using -q1h in future, and use it together wit -bd. Now there are so many mails in the queue and wanted to delete off thos mails that stuck in the queue. Any special command for that? Another question is, can I delete or empty the /var/mail/root if th file getting bigger? Thanks, Joh - john_tige ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message535480.htm john_tiger wrote: > john_tiger wrote: > >>*Didn't you start the daemon with -q1h or some similar option so it >>runs the queue periodically? >> >>Check the timeout options in your mc/cf file...

Delete/flush outdated mails in mail queue
Hi, my mail queue is getting bigger and bigger and seems like occupyin lots of space in my server. I want to delete those outdated mails i the queue. Is there anybody know that what's the command t flush/delete those outdated mails from the queue? If I'm not wrong "sendmail -q -v" can flush the mail queue. What's the extra paramete should I use to clear the outdated mails? Please Help Cheers, Joh - john_tige ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message535480.htm john_tiger wrote: > Hi, my mail queue is getting bigger and bigger and seems like occupying > lots of space in my server. I want to delete those outdated mails in > the queue. Is there anybody know that what's the command to > flush/delete those outdated mails from the queue? If I'm not wrong, > "sendmail -q -v" can flush the mail queue. What's the extra parameter > should I use to clear the outdated mails? Please Help Didn't you start the daemon with -q1h or some similar option so it runs the queue periodically? Check the timeout options in your mc/cf file, unless you changed them, mails should stay no longer than 5 days in the queue. See doc/op/op.* and cf/README. 2.3. The Mail Queues 4.1.3. Message timeouts -- A: Maybe because some peopl...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. DeliveryMode=deferred -- Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN 2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/ ...

help: how do I delete a specific mail from the mail queue?
I'm using sendmail 8 on RH9. I want to delete a specific mail from the mail queue. Is there not a simple way to do this? I can't seem to find the info anywhere. I am not using Postfix btw, and I only seem to be able to find a postfix command to do this but that doesn't work. Thanks in advance. Regards, Tobias Skytte Tobias Skytte wrote: > I'm using sendmail 8 on RH9. I want to delete a specific mail from the > mail queue. Is there not a simple way to do this? I can't seem to find There is no simple way because mail is not supposed to be deleted while in transit. It should either get delivered or the sender should be informed about non-delivery. To do that, use sendmail -qIqueueid -O Timeout.queuereturn=now See man sendmail If you really want to delete the mail, take a look at contrib/qtool.pl PS: If the item isn't locked, you could simply remove its queue files (qf and df, check the output of mailq). -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? Claus A�mann <ca+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@mine.informatik.uni-kiel.de> wrote in message news:<ch9up5$i6t$1@zardoc.esmtp.org>... > sendmail -qIqueueid -O Timeout.queuereturn=now > Thanks alot, that works great. There is one 'legitimate' reason for deleting mails in transit IMHO, in our LAN ...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM ...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM "FabienM" <FabienM@badadress.fr> writes: > how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? > that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... double-click on the bar which seperates the list of messages from the body of the message. It should jump to the bottom of the screen and none of the body content should be visible any more. When you're done, double-click on it again. Or drag it instead of double-clicking on it. -- Plain Bread alone for e-mail, thanks. The rest gets trashed. No HTML in E-Mail! -- http://www.expita.com/nomime.html Are you posting responses that are easy for others to follow? http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting > > how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? > > that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... > > double-click on the bar which seperates the list of messages > from the body of the message. It should jump to the bottom > of the screen and none of the body content should be visible > any more. fabulous !!! it's crazy how a double-click can save your life... :) t...

Mail.app deletes mail when deleting account
In Mail.app, in Preferences, in the Accounts panel, there is a list of accounts. I had a POP account there I no longer in use. I used the Remove button to delete the old account. But I didn't mean for it to delete all mail that had been recieved earlier into that email address. Yet that seems to be what happened. At least I can't find the mail anywhere in any of my mailboxes or in my_home/Library/Mail. There were a number of messages organized into various folders. Now they are gone. These mail messages were not sitting on a server, they were on my Mac. Is Mail supposed to do ...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to ".mail/". Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". > Change "mail/" to ".mail/". This is great! Thanks Eduardo!! I'll never change from Pine. That's for sure. > http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I would like to change my email when using mailinglists. The only thing Pine now needs is a way to use PGP/GPG as attachments...=) Hugs, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any :) effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I :) would like to change my email w...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ > How to do that? If everything else fails: - delete mail - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail On 18 Aug 2005, Holger Marzen wrote: > * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > >> I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ >> How to do that? > > If everything else fails: > > - delete mail > - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail What Holger wrote should work, but it's cleaner to change where Pine looks for mailboxes. I discuss this on my Power Pine page in this section: Setting Up IMAP, NNTP, and Local Collections <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#setCollections> Let us know if you have any questions. Hope this helps, Nancy -- Nancy McGough ~ <http://www.ii.com> ~ <http://deflexion.com> IMAP, pine, procmail, data deflexion, infinity, and more >...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only :) one such directory? Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, if so remove it. It is possible that this may break other applications (e.g. Mutt). Hopefully it won't. Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: > > :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems > :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both > :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is > :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only > :) one such directory? Eduardo Chappa wrote: > Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, No. The directories are not...

Mail deletes old e-mails
I have tried all the fixes, checked all the settings, deleted preferences, deleted rules, etc. etc., but my Mail (OS 10.4) continually dletes e-mails older than 30 days. Any ideas? I have an old iMac, and I don't feel like doing a full reinstall Dennis Dennis Pemberton <pem@nospamharperkynes.com> wrote: > I have tried all the fixes, checked all the settings, deleted > preferences, deleted rules, etc. etc., but my Mail (OS 10.4) > continually dletes e-mails older than 30 days. Any ideas? I have an > old iMac, and I don't feel like doing a full reinstall Is that...

PEAR, Mail Queue and Mail Mime
Hello, I have some trouble with my application. It is written with PEAR, SMARTY .... I should send an email to me and with Bcc to 50's else adresses. But it send it just to me. I am on an easyPhP server. Here is my code $mail_queue =& new Mail_Queue($db_options, $mail_options); $from = 'my@email.org'; $from_name = "MY"; $replyTo = "my@email.org"; $message = stripslashes($msg); $from_params = empty($from_name) ? '"'.$from_name.'" <'.$from.'>' : '<'.$from.'>'; $hdrs = array( 'From' => $from_params, 'Reply-To'=> $replyTo, 'To' => $from, 'Bcc' => $liste, 'Subject' => $sujet ); $mime =& new Mail_mime(); $mime->setTXTBody($msg); $mime->addAttachment($pdf, $attach_type); $body = $mime->get(); $hdrs = $mime->headers($hdrs); $seconds_to_send = 1; $delete_after_send = true; $id_user = 7; $mail_queue->put('','My Organisation',$from, 'my@email.org', $hdrs, $body, $seconds_to_send, $delete_after_send, $id_user); $liste follow this pattern "titi@tito.fr<titi@tito.fr>, tita@tito.fr<tita@tito.fr>,titz@tito.fr<titz@tito.fr>, tite@tito.fr<tite@tito.fr>," How can I do to send My emails to the Bcc's addresses too ??? Does someone know something about this ??? Thanks for your hel...

Redirect mail already in mail queue
I relay mail for a domain that is having connection problems at the moment. I have a script which moves the mail for this domain to a different queue directory so that they do not lose there mail through bounces. Is there anyway that I can send the already queued mail to a temporary webmail address so that they can at least read there mail until the network problems are sorted out. Ideally I would like to leave the mail in the queue but send a copy of each message to some webmail address. Any help appreciated. -- Adrian Think you know a language? Post to comp.lang... and find out! Adrian wrote: > I relay mail for a domain that is having connection problems at the > moment. I have a script which moves the mail for this domain to a > different queue directory so that they do not lose there mail through > bounces. > > Is there anyway that I can send the already queued mail to a temporary > webmail address so that they can at least read there mail until the > network problems are sorted out. > > Ideally I would like to leave the mail in the queue but send a copy of > each message to some webmail address. > > Any help appreciated. No need now - host is back up. -- Adrian Think you know a language? Post to comp.lang... and find out! ...

Deleted sent mail in Apple Mail application
My Apple Mail application has three trash folders. One marked Clara, my Isp. One marked Nildram my broadband supplier and one quaintly marked "On my Mac". My Clara trash folder is showing a message in it, that I can't read, delete or move. Whilst attempting to delete it, I seem to have deleted all of my sent mail going back about five years. Is it possible that the mail is still somewhere on the HD, and if so can anyone tell me where. I can find no trace of it in my Home Folder>library. In article <0001HW.BFA0C4710002EB31F0284550@news.claranews.com>, Pete...

Re: unix mail vs pc mail
Mark, I prefer to shell-out and let Unix send the email. The trick for attachments is that you need to use the Unix mailx command rather than mail. Also, I've found that uuencode will prevent some problems with certain attachments (you can also change the attachement name): %sysexec uuencode /home2/tmp/xxtest.csv xxtest.xls | mailx -s "Test: Sample" myeaddr@mydomain.com; Regards, Gregg Snell -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Terjeson, Mark Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2007 2:55 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: unix mail vs pc mail Hi All, Regardless if I place the attachment info in the FILENAME or place it in the body of the email -- it arrives in the email for Windows as an attachment when using SAS v8.2, and for SAS v8.2 on unix(AIX) the same code appends the csv contents to the body instead of as an attachment. Anybody know the tricks to actually make an attachment in SAS v8.2 for Unix(AIX)? I thought I used to send attachments via unix years ago, but current enviroment is not. Is there a setting or trick anyone can think of? /* filename mymail email "myeaddr@mydomain.com" Subject="Test: Sample" attach="/home2/tmp/xxtest.csv"; */ filename mymail email "myeaddr@mydomain.com" Subject="Test: Sample" ; data _null_; file mymail lrecl=32767; put '!EM_ATTACH! ' "/home2/tm...

Re: Sending HTML mail from VMS MAIL?
JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote on 06/16/2006 02:52:25 PM: > Syltrem wrote: > > > $ cr[0,8]=13 > > > $ lf[0,8]=10 > > > $ subject="[BACKUP] VMS Backup Summary" + cr + lf + - > > > "Mime-Version: 1.0" + cr + lf + - > > > "Content-Type: text/HTML" > > > $ mail/sub="''subject'" 'summary_file support_dist > > > > That works great ! > > > It may work today, but I am not sure this is garanteed to work forever. Okay...

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I can synchronize the mail on both machines? Failing that, is there a way -- besides doing it message-by-message -- to save the text and attachments from new mail messages? Problem two: Though by all means I can understand, both PBs are set up exactly the same way and certainly the mail prefs are the same, when I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at home, it opens Firefox to the correct page, just like it ought to do, but if I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at the shop, the mail window flashes once, but nothing opens. Both PBs are set up with Firefox as the default browser. What in the ding-dong am I doing wrong? Thanks! Bart Brown ...

mail stays in mail-queue but alternative MX is available.
Dear group, My environment: Solaris 11 with Sendmail Version 8.14.8 Last Friday we had a problem with our DNS servers for a short time. DNS was= not working internally. We have one external which was responding correclt= y all over the time. During that time a mail was generated and should be se= nt to aon.at=20 AON has 2 MX: mx10.aon.at. and mx20.aon.at. with value 10 and 20 )=20 This e-mail was queued with a syslog message:=20 relay=3Dmx10.aon.at. [213.33.98.148], dsn=3D4.0.0, stat=3DDeferred: Connect= ion timed out with mx10.aon.at. After a short time the DNS issue was solved. A second e-mail was sent to AO= N.=20 This was delivered very fast to relay=3Dmx20.aon.at. [195.3.96.71]=20 The first e-mail was in the queue for 2 days ( i have confTO_QUEUERETURN = =3D 2d ) and then the sender got a Failed Delivery Notification for the fir= st e-mail.=20 mx10.aon.at is not available till now. I am not sure if this problem is really related to the DNS issue we had.=20 Why didn't the sendmail process check the possibility to deliver the queued= e-mail to mx20.aon.at. This was available all the time. I thought - and th= is is maybe a misunderstanding by myself - the sendmail process is trying a= ll MX for a domain if it tries to deliver an e-mail out of the queue.=20 Kind regards=20 Hans=20 --=20 Hans Mayer wrote: > This e-mail was queued with a syslog message: > relay=mx10.aon.at. [213.33.98.148], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Def...

mail() goes to Junk Mail
Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to @xyz.com junk mail folders. Why is that so? How can I fix it? Thank you, --Andre Phandana On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:53:18 -0500, "Andre Phandana" <aphandan@purdue.edu> wrote: >Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to >@xyz.com junk mail folders. >Why is that so? Have you asked the mail administrator of xyz.com? >How can I fix it? There's the flippant answer of "don't send junk", but it might be better if you posted an example of how you're sending your email and an example of its contents. -- Andy Hassall / <andy@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk> <http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool "Andre Phandana" wrote: > Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email > goes to > @xyz.com junk mail folders. > Why is that so? > How can I fix it? > > Thank you, > > --Andre Phandana There are some ways mail receivers determine an email to be "junk". Avaoid using numbers in the email address. Make sure the receiver can do a "reverse DNS lookup", i.e. send the mail from proper domain. It is true that with today�s junk mail filters, very many legit emails end up there as well. -- http://www.dbForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request Articles individually ch...

Web resources about - Re: Delete/flush outdated mails in mail queue - comp.mail.sendmail

REPORT: Facebook’s Outdated Web Encryption Technology May Have Enabled Prism
Facebook still uses encryption keys with 1,024-bit lengths, while the industry standard used by Internet companies — including Apple, Microsoft, ...

Marco At The Kemp Forum: We Have To Address Our Outdated Government - Marco Rubio for President - YouTube ...
Marco addresses our outdated government at the Kemp Forum in South Carolina, and what we can do to address the challenges of the 21st century. ...

Now is the time to remodel fashion's outdated norms
The foundation of the fashion industry needs to change. That's not only ''foundation'', as in the thin smear of liquid substance applied to the ...

Students' Soviet-era anti-budget protests outdated in our era of communication
The advent of the internet has deluged us with a mighty, confusing, exhilarating torrent of information, bringing with it previously unimaginable ...

Roger Cook: WA is losing the innovation battle through outdated views on education - PerthNow Search ...
ONE of the key jobs of a state government is to develop economic infrastructure. Energy, water, rail and roads are known drivers of economic ...

Why work-life balance is an outdated myth
Busting six of the common beliefs around how your life should work, but doesn't.

5 to 7 review: Outdated romance cultivates fairytale aura
For a movie about a grand passion, 5 to 7 feels overly restrained.

The modern family: Victoria's outdated adoption laws set for a shake-up
... it is to be a family, Victoria's adoption laws face the biggest shake-up in 30 years amid growing concern that the current legislation is outdated ...

US military to consider ending 'outdated' regulations towards transgender ...
ABC Online US military to consider ending 'outdated' regulations towards transgender ... ABC Online The United States military will consider ...

Telus to shut Public Mobile's "small, outdated" network
Telus says it will start shutting down Public Mobile's cellphone network in May, moving the more than 260,000 discount customers to its main ...