rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150

My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
is 8.12.10.
From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:

rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150

I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !

What can you suggest me to debug and solve this problem ?
comp.mail.sendmail 13510 articles. 1 followers. jfretby (35) is leader. Post Follow

RICCARDO wrote:
> My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
> is 8.12.10.
> From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:
>
> rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150
>
> I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !

Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increased it
from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.
0
sgrayban1 (56)
4/4/2008 1:37:17 AM
On 4 Apr, 03:37, Scott Grayban <sgray...@NOSPAM-gmail.com> wrote:
> RICCARDO wrote:
> > My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
> > is 8.12.10.
> > From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:
>
> > rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150
>
> > I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !
>
> Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increased it
> from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.

This morning I see rejecting connections are reduced (about 300
against 1200 of last days).
But what happens if I increase sendmail childrens ? My mail server run
also other applications as Squid.
Load average is about 2.15.
RICCARDO wrote:
> On 4 Apr, 03:37, Scott Grayban <sgray...@NOSPAM-gmail.com> wrote:
>> RICCARDO wrote:
>>> My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
>>> is 8.12.10.
>>> From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:
>>> rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150
>>> I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !
>> Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increased it
>> from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.
>
> This morning I see rejecting connections are reduced (about 300
> against 1200 of last days).
> But what happens if I increase sendmail childrens ? My mail server run
> also other applications as Squid.
> Load average is about 2.15.

Get a better box then with more memory and faster core.
0
sgrayban1 (56)
4/5/2008 12:31:44 AM
On 5 Apr, 02:31, Scott Grayban <sgray...@NOSPAM-gmail.com> wrote:
> RICCARDO wrote:

> >> Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increase=
d it
> >> from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.
>
> > This morning I see rejecting connections are reduced (about 300
> > against 1200 of last days).
> > But what happens if I increase sendmail childrens ? My mail server run
> > also other applications as Squid.
> > Load average is about 2.15.
>
> Get a better box then with more memory and faster core.

I monitored cpu and load average is low (2=F74) so I think problem is
Ram size ?
My top command shows :

11:10:29  up 295 days, 52 min,  3 users,  load average: 3.44, 2.94,
2.53
CPU states:  cpu    user    nice  system    irq  softirq  iowait
idle
           total   12.1%    0.0%   12.1%   0.0%     0.0%    0.0%
75.7%
Mem:  1032748k av,  996528k used,   36220k free,       0k shrd,
91800k buff
       377592k active,             569988k inactive
Swap: 3068372k av,  254108k used, 2814264k free
335900k cached

What do you think ? Free Ram is only 36220k

rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average
Hi there, I found several of these entries in my logs on RedHat AS 2.1 box. The server runs commercial webserver services. Sendmail is configured to bind to localhost only so it is not accessible externally. Looking at /var/log/maillog gives me no hint that the load average had been reached at all with emails. During the whole day only a few dozens were sent out. Am I facing an attack maybe from a formmail.pl or so? Or are there different reasons other than a mail flood to print sendmail such an error message? What concerns me is that around that time the server crashed... Thanks for any input. Dave "David Meier" <meier@logmail.net> schreef in bericht news:d44f7128.0306232148.7ada7030@posting.google.com... > I found several of these entries in my logs on RedHat AS 2.1 box. The > server runs commercial webserver services. Sendmail is configured to > bind to localhost only so it is not accessible externally. Looking at > /var/log/maillog gives me no hint that the load average had been > reached at all with emails. During the whole day only a few dozens > were sent out. > Am I facing an attack maybe from a formmail.pl or so? Or are there > different reasons other than a mail flood to print sendmail such an > error message? > What concerns me is that around that time the server crashed... The high load might not have anything to do with sendmail, but could well be something else running on the same box. Sendmail is just warning i...

rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average 28
My sendmail (has been working great for 4 years) stopped sending mail out yesterday, and I find this error message in /var/log/mail/info sendmail [ 1139]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average 28 Restarting sendmail didn't help, but restarting the whole Linux OS did and now it is working. I notice at the same time there were heavy spam attacks, most of that taken however by the Barracuda mail filter. This server has around 1000 mail boxes, quite busy, but getting very old. The sendmail version is 8.12.9, on linux 2.4.21 What does the "daemon MTA" error mean, too much load? **************** Also, I run a Squirrelmail Web mail interface in this same server. I am building a new server and don't seem to find a 64-bit package (for Mandriva). Is there some other good (free) web mail package that would work well in this situation? Thank you for your advice ... Hannu Hannu wrote: > Also, I run a Squirrelmail Web mail interface in this same server. I am > building a new server and don't seem to find a 64-bit package (for > Mandriva). Is there some other good (free) web mail package that would > work well in this situation? Squirrelmail is written in PHP, so there is no 32bit nor 64 bit version of Squirrelmail, it's the same version, same scripts that is used and will work on any machine that has PHP (with the right modules) installed. -- //Aho Hannu <dr@ils.net> writes: > My sendmail (has been working...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local alias which is redirected to /dev/null. This solution is also unmanageable in the long run. Therefore I turn to you for guidance and information on how to find a solution for the spam problem on my server. Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :) Thx, /Timo_S On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:03:08 +0300 Timo_S wrote: > I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running > Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient > but not manageable in the long run. > > The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but > it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for > information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the > ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the > /etc/mail/access file. What do these "bad scripts" do...

sendmail: rejecting connections
Hello, I'm new to Linux. I'm using Redhat 6.2 for the mail server. just recently, sendmail starts rejecting connections. I'm trying to find out what cause it. Please help. James P. <james.pham@pdsc.com> wrote: > Hello, > I'm new to Linux. I'm using Redhat 6.2 for the mail server. > just recently, sendmail starts rejecting connections. > I'm trying to find out what cause it. Please help. Urgently you should upgrade your system, not only sendmail! You have many security holes if your are running Redhat 6.2 - as I presume - at the latest fix le...

Connecting to 9401-150
I have a CD "Client Access for OS/400 Family". It is for DOS, OS/2 & WIN 3.1. Questions are: 1. Will this CD work with Win XP Home? 2. Can I run a crossover cable from my PC to the 2723 ethernet? 3. Can someone "hold my hand" & help get me started with connecting the PC? Last time I had an as/400 was in the early '90's Model B60 if anyone still remembers those beasts. We only used twinax at the time. I am an RPG programmer and wanted to get my feet wet again! Thanks! "Ken Pate" <kenpate@verizon.net> schreef in bericht news:JuJqe.359$1q5.115@trnddc02... > I have a CD "Client Access for OS/400 Family". It is for DOS, OS/2 & WIN > 3.1. > > Questions are: > > 1. Will this CD work with Win XP Home? Not sure, but you don't need it per s�. What you need depends on your 150's installed CA version and your intentions. If you need the Client Access Console, you'll need Client Access V3R1 or V3R2, a special cable and a PC with a serial port. I run it on an old laptop with Win95, mainly because you cannot have the old and new CA versions installed side by side. > > 2. Can I run a crossover cable from my PC to the 2723 ethernet? You may, but my successes with crossover cables have not been great. Worst case, get a SOHO 10/100 switch, they're not that expensive (I'd guess around $ 40) and your chances are definitely better. You want to be careful with your eth...

sendmail FAQ #150
Posted-By: auto-faq 3.3 (Perl 5.008) Archive-name: mail/sendmail/faq Posting-Frequency: posted on the 10th and 25th of each month Last-modified: May 5, 2008 URL: http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ Maintainer: Sendmail FAQ <sendmail-faq-YYYY@sendmail.org> Sendmail Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Last updated May 5, 2008 Changes since the last post on 10 May 2009 12:00:01 PDT * none Top 5 - the *most* frequently asked questions about sendmail: 1. Local config error: see 4.5 2. Relaying denied: see 3.27 3. Directory permissions: see 3.33 4. Virtual hosting: see 3.7 & 3.28 5. POP / IMAP: see 4.19 Table of Contents * 1. COPYRIGHT NOTICE / REDISTRIBUTION REQUIREMENTS http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section1.html * 2. INTRODUCTION / MISCELLANEOUS http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section2.html + 2.1 What is this newsgroup? + 2.2 What is the scope of this FAQ? + 2.3 Where can I find the latest version of this FAQ? + 2.4 Where can I send comments, questions and bug reports? + 2.5 Where can I ask email-related DNS questions? + 2.6 How can I subscribe to these newsgroups? + 2.7 Which version of sendmail should I run? + 2.8 What is the latest release of sendmail? + 2.9 Where can I find it? + 2.10 What are the differences between Version 8 and other versions? + 2.11 What's the best pl...

sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ???????, ???????
Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? What can I do to fix this? sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? OS Solaris 10 Sendmail 8.13.6 Thanks Jeff spellman.jeff@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? > What can I do to fix this? > sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: > SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? > > OS Solaris 10 > Sendmail 8.13.6 &...

9401-150 / PC connection
Hi, I have got two 9 pin sockets (UPS/MI) on the back of the AS/400 and one RJ45 FAST ETHERNET PCI ADAPTER CARD socket on the back of a PC 98SE. Is it possible to use these sockets to connect the PC with the AS/400 by a simple cable in order to establish a Client/Access connection between both computers ? If not, is another adapter card required ? A 150 uses Client Access console, unless you have TwinAx. This is functionality in Client Access 3.1 and 3.2, possibly in CA Express as well. At one point in time CA console was replaced by OpsConsole. CA Console uses a special cable that connects to a serial port on a PC and a 9-pin port on the back of the 150. Not sure what it's labeled, but you may find some info on the internet, or in IBM's System Handbooks. If you have TwinAx, there's no port on the 150 you can use for communications, other than with a UPS; you need a twinax terminal. You may be able to connect to the network port if you know ethernet is configured and started when the system boots, and you know the system's IP address. If not, you can try 192.168.1.something, or addresses in the 10.0.0.something range. If you have no 5250 license, Client Access may not work (unless its a pre-V4 system) but there are numerous TN5250 clients (Mochasoft, Symtrax, you name it. The Symtrax one is freeware), that allow you to connect and get a green screen. HTH Regards, Ren� "Arne Westerhoff" <Arne.Westerhoff@t-online.de> schreef in beri...

Seperate a single 150 Page PDF into 150 seperate documents
Hello, I thought this would be simple, but I'm having problems finding a solution. I have a 150 page PDF and I simply need to convert it into 150 seperate pages. I do have full Adobe Professional running on Windows XP Pro, but short of doing Document > Pages > Split Page 150 times I've found no auto way of doing this. I've also downloaded PDFTK but I've not seen any example showing what I'm trying to do, and reading the help hasn't given me any good starting point. Any ideas? I don't plan on spending money on a tool to do this though I know several exist, but since I have some good (and expensive) tools already, I hope what I have will do the trick. Thanks for any suggestions or ideas -- Alex Alex <samalex@gmail.com> wrote: > solution. I have a 150 page PDF and I simply need to convert it into > 150 seperate pages. I do have full Adobe Professional running on Get PDFtk and do it that way: pdftk in.pdf burst > Any ideas? I don't plan on spending money on a tool to do this though PDFtk it's open source and, of course, free. -- Saludos, �ngel "Alex" <samalex@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154466247.189895.86150@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... <snip> > I've also downloaded PDFTK but I've not seen any example showing what > I'm trying to do, and reading the help hasn't given me any good > starting point. From Pdftk Simple Examples: burst a Single PDF D...

Sendmail ist rejecting mails
Hello to everyone! I'm getting stuck on sendmail after playing around on a running system... (I swear, I'll never do this again!) I'm running a RH8 box with sendmail. After installing postfix and switching the MTA through Redhat's switchmail app, taking a look at it and switching back to sendmail the same way, I cannot send mails anymore! Taking a look in the mail log revealed this after trying to send a mail from admin to root (which should be redirected to admin due to an alias): sendmail[1258]: h64LK7hm001258: from=admin@psyche.home, size=349, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=&l...

Sendmail does not deliver mail to external MTA
Hello: My previous post sent before I could finish editing it. I have a machine running Fedora Core 5 and Sendmail 8.13.5-3 installed with the OS. When I send mail to a user on the domain, the machine thinks it should process it locally instead of delivering it to the MTA it should be using. I checked the MX records for the domain: osmbc.com. 3600 IN MX 10 mailstore1.secureserver.net. osmbc.com. 3600 IN MX 0 smtp.secureserver.net Those are correct. When I do a lookup on the mx record with a 0 priority, I get back: smtp.secureserver.net. 300 IN CNAME smtp.where.secureserver.net. smtp.where.secureserver.net. 300 IN A 64.202.166.12 Which is correct. The /etc/mail/local-host-names file is empty so it should not accept mail for any domains. But, when I do mail drv@osmbc.com, I see this in the mail log: Aug 1 12:50:50 www sendmail[8783]: m71Hoo4O008783: from=root, size=38, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<200808011750.m71Hoo4O008783@osmbc.com>, relay=root@localhost Aug 1 12:50:50 www sendmail[8783]: m71Hoo4O008783: to=drv@osmbc.com, ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=30038, relay=[127.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=5.1.1, stat=User unknown Note that it is using 127.0.0.1 instead of the ip address of the actual mail server. It should be using 64.202.166.12 Any ideas what is happening? Neil <neil@jammconsulting.com> writes in comp.mail.sendmail: > Hello: > ...

9401-150 / PC connection #2
Thank you, Ren�, thank you, Msinc : I have only one FLATRON LCD 563LE - display that is either connected with the AS/400 by a LOGIC-box called PRAIM TERM 5488Plus o r with a PC 98SE by a simple 9-pin-cable-connection. I.e. I can only work either on the AS/400 or on the PC not within both environments at the same time. As far as I understand Ren�s suggestion, I need only a cable with one RJ45 plug on the PC-side to connect with ETHERNET and one 9-pin-plug on the AS/400-side to connect with the AS/400-display-adapter (FCC ID AN02720). Then install Client/Access and IPL. As far as I understand Msincs suggestion, I can also use the TWINAX (Port0) that is currently connecting the AS/400 and the LOGIC/FLATRON, remove the LOGIC and connect the TWINAX with the PC-ETHERNET-card, the FLATRON with the PC. Then install Client/Access (I don't know what a telnet 5250 is but I remember that Client/Access has a 5250-emulation) and IPL. I need only either a RJ45/9-Pin-cable or a RJ45/TWIN-cable, is that correct ? best regards, Arne. No Arne, that's not correct. However, you just gave us some crucial info: you have a 5250 console, the LOGIC box. Use that to configure your ethernet line, get a network card for your Win98 PC (about 10 euro for a Realtek) and link your PC and AS/400 either through a switch/hub or a cross cable. You cannot hook up ethernet to a serial port. So it's RJ45 to RJ45. Same goes for twinax. After that, you only hook up the console if you nee...

9401-150 / PC connection #3
Thank you all, I understand that I can use the 5250-console (logic/flatscreen) to do a SOFTWARE configuration for ETHERNET within the OS/400. I further understand that Ren� suggests to install a realtek ETHERNET-adapter-card on the PC-side. I already have one there. It's called : FAST ETHERNET PCI ADAPTER CARD AT-2500, and it is currently linking (RJ45==RJ45) my PC to a T-DSL-modem. Now, let us go to the AS/400-side. Here we see the subsequent interfaces : 1.) 9-pin-MI, which can be used to connect to an operators console. 2.) 9-pin-UPS, which can be left apart, because it is used to secure data by an Uninterrupted Power Supply and is not intended for a display connection. 3.) I opened the AS/400 and dismounted the card reading FCC ID AN02720 IBM on it. Therefore it could be a PCI AS/400 TWINAX RVX IOA-266C, that can be found in the MANUAL Setting Up Your 9401 Model 150, that Fred has sent to me, as ADAPTER CONNECTOR 2720. This ADAPTER CONNECTOR 2720 seems to be intended according the MANUAL for both, twinaxial attachments a n d communications. ADAPTER CONNECTOR 2720 is equipped with two sockets, one 9-pin-socket and one somewhat larger maybe 18-pin-socket (flat). The 9-pin-socket of the twinax input/output adapter is connected with a cabel that leads to two twinax plugs (I think somebody called it a whip). One of the two twinax plugs has a label (PORT0) on it and is connected to a twinax cable. The PORT0-twinax cable is connected to one of two twinax socket...

HELP sendmail rejecting connection error
freebsd + sendmail 8.12.11 + clamav-milter + spamass-milet got this error ???? rejecting connection on daemon IPV4: load average 14 rejecting connection on daemon IPV6: load average 14 rejecting connection on daemon MSA: load average 14 And the server closes itself What can I do ????? thanks Jean wrote: > freebsd + sendmail 8.12.11 + clamav-milter + spamass-milet > rejecting connection on daemon IPV4: load average 14 > What can I do ????? Read the documentation: doc/op/op.* (and then cf/README). Look for RefuseLA (and QueueLA). -- A: Maybe because some people are...

AIX 6.1 and the IBM RS/6000 7043-150 43P Model 150
Hi, I would like to train and improve my AIX knowledge with the newest 6.1 features. So, the qouestion is - is it possible to install the AIX 6.1 on obsolete workstation IBM RS/6000 7043-150 43P Model 150 with following configuration: - PowerPC 604e/375MHz, cache 1MB, - RAM 512 MB - 2 x 4GB HDD SCSI, - CD-ROM SCSI 32x, - Floppy 1,44MB, - GPU GTX3000P. If not, what sould be the minimum workstation configuration that would support AIX 6.1 usage (at home, for training)? -- Pozdrawiam, Krzysztof Krzysztof Paz schrieb: > If not, > what sould be the minimum workstation configuration ...

Stanley 16-150 150 Series Short Blade 3-Piece Wood Chisel Set
Price:$10.49 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B00002X1YO Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B00002X1YO 3 Piece Wood Chisel Set Contains 1/2" (12MM), 3/4" (18MM) & 1" (25MM) Chisels, Features Full Size, Shock Absorbing Handles With A No Roll Feature, Durable Precision Ground Cutting Edges, Heat Tempered Steel Blades, Lacquer Coated To Resist Rust, Bolster Blade Washer To Distribute Load, Added For Strength, Overall Length Of Chisels Is 7-3/4" (199MM), Carded. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Hitachi C10FCE2 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw:http...

Inbound Mail Server Connect and Reject by Firewall
A remote mail server connects to our mail server and sends a TCP SYN. Our mail server replies with SYN-ACK, but this is immediately responded to by the foreign server with an ICMP packet that Wireshark shows as "ICMP Destination unreachable (host administratively prohibited)". Why would the remote server respond to our SYN-ACK with an ICMP? Is this some kind of optimization they have done because of their volume of traffic? I don't understand how TCP would work at all if they don't allow a SYN-ACK. In terms of what I need to allow to pass through our firewall, what kind of ICMP packet is the above, and is there a way to allow incoming ICMP of just this one type using an older Checkpoint? -- Will I forgot to add that our mail host replies to these strange ICMP messages with a [TCP Zerowindow] as seen in Wireshark. The remote mail host then replies again the ICMP Destination unreachable and eventually the whole session is killed by the firewall as a SYN attack (which it isn't but the SYN-ACK exchange isn't happening and the firewall cannot make much sense of this traffic pattern). Any help in understanding: 1) Why this traffic pattern happens 2) What is wrong on the remote sendmail host or its router to cause this behavior? -- Will "Will" <westes-usc@noemail.nospam> wrote in message news:kpadndDiwL44zMfanZ2dnUVZ_oytnZ2d@giganews.com... >A remote mail server connects to our mail server and sends a TCP...

no MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA
Hi all, I've a relay and a mailhost, all running sendmail 8.14.1. The relay is supposed to get mails from internet and forward them to the mailhost. Mails arrive on relay, they are spooled, it's fine. Problems come on mailhost : in logs I have lines like that : relay did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA and connctions time out. I can see the same messages with localhost... When I telnet the mailhost from the relay, it should be a long time after i issue an ehlo command. On both sides, I've MSP configured and running. On the mailhost, I've also two milters : milter-regex and clamav-milter and syslogd say "init success to negotiate" and "Milter: connect to filters" so the problem is elsewhere. I first thought about an LDAP misconfiguration but with NIS or /etc/ passwd, I've the same time out. Any idea ? Many thanks, On 15 juil, 01:40, "pkbs.t...@gmail.com" <pkbs.t...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I telnet the mailhost from the relay, it should be a long time > after i issue an ehlo command. Not really clear, sorry ;-) When i issue ehlo relay bla bla via telnet, mailhost doesn't answer me immediately, it waits indefinitely. pkbs.thzl@gmail.com wrote: > On 15 juil, 01:40, "pkbs.t...@gmail.com" <pkbs.t...@gmail.com> wrote: > >> When I telnet the mailhost from the relay, it should be a long time >> after i issue an ehlo command. > > Not really cl...

CallPilot 150 serial connection ID and Password
Hi, I have a customer who is unable to login in to a CallPilot 150 using the serial cable. I thought the default password was SYSMGR, but apparently not. He keeps getting a message that say Login:, then Password, then a message that says invalid login name. I had him try sysadmin for the login name and 0000 for the pw, still no go. He just wants to know the IP of the unit and I can't find anything in my documentation....any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Stacy The serial cable is mostly used for changing the IP address if the default address cannot work with your network (most other uses are nortel support only). Tell them to reboot the Callpilot with the serial connection active and the boot displays will show them the current IP address and Subnet mask if it has been changed. Take a look at your Installation and Maintenance Guide (its on the CD) it walks you through the process of changing it. Have Fun! "Stacy" <annbonney@aol.com> wrote in message news:7fef00b3.0310171007.3cb101e@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I have a customer who is unable to login in to a CallPilot 150 using > the serial cable. I thought the default password was SYSMGR, but > apparently not. He keeps getting a message that say Login:, then > Password, then a message that says invalid login name. I had him try > sysadmin for the login name and 0000 for the pw, still no go. He just > wants to know the IP of the unit an...

Duplicating mail to two Sendmail MTA clusters
Hi All, We are trying to configure a Sendmail "bastion" MTA to route inbound messages to two different Sendmail MTA clusters to improve messaging redundancy. We are trying duplicate the messages but this is proving difficult. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Tristan Goguen On 12/29/10 14:18, tgoguen wrote: > We are trying to configure a Sendmail "bastion" MTA to route inbound > messages to two different Sendmail MTA clusters to improve messaging > redundancy. We are trying duplicate the messages but this is proving > difficult. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Do you truly want to duplicate messages (send a copy to each cluster)? Or do you want the bastion to rotate between clusters if one is unavailable? Grant. . . . On Dec 29, 5:25=A0pm, Grant Taylor <gtay...@riverviewtech.net> wrote: > On 12/29/10 14:18, tgoguen wrote: > > > We are trying to configure a Sendmail "bastion" MTA to route inbound > > messages to two different Sendmail MTA clusters to improve messaging > > redundancy. We are trying duplicate the messages but this is proving > > difficult. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. > > Do you truly want to duplicate messages (send a copy to each cluster)? > > Or do you want the bastion to rotate between clusters if one is unavailab= le? > > Grant. . . . Hi Grant, We want duplicate messages to be sent to two different clusters. "Failover...

dual sendmail and reject unknown user for mailing lists
We use a dual sendmail with amavisd-new and need to reject unknown users. I tried a setting adapted from the proposal of this posting from 2005: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.sendmail/browse_thread/thread/88cc72d7c4d3a6e/9e762b7cc72d0c5f?lnk=gst&q=Simone+Marx#9e762b7cc72d0c5f Everything's fine, but it doesnt work for my majordomo mailinglist aliases. I have configured three maps: Kaliasp nis -m mail.aliases Kmajordomop hash -m majordomo.aliases Kuserp user -m nis:passwd.byname My Rules in Local_check_rcpt are: SLocal_check_rcpt R$* $: <?> $&{rcpt_addr} R<?> $+ @ $=w $: <@> $1 mark local address R<?> $* @ $* $@ OK ignore remote address R<?> $+ $: <@> $1 mark unqualified user R<@> $+ + $* $: < $(aliasp $1+$2 $: @ $) > $1 + * plussed alias? R<@> $+ + $* $: < $(aliasp $1+$2 $: @ $) > $1 +* alias? R<@> $+ $: < $(aliasp $1 $: @ $) > $1 normal alias? R<@> $+ $: < $(majordomop $1 $: @ $) > $1 majordomo alias? R<@> $+ $: < $(userp $1 $: @ $) > $1 R<@> $+ $#error $@ 5.1.1 $: "550 User unknown" In address testing mode sendmail match all tested mailinglist addresses. But testing the ruleset above for a majordomo address returns every time "User ...

<BODY onBlur="resizeTo(150,150)"> doesn't work in IE6
Hi I'm trying to create a "roll-up" effect when a window loses focus and then "roll-down" when it regains focus. This statement works properly with every browser I can get my hands on EXCEPT WinIE6. WinIE6 says there's an error in the code, but the debugging info says the problem is on line 1 char 1, which are comments. <Body bgcolor='black' Text='#dbdbdb' onblur='window.resizeTo(150,150)' onfocus='window.resizeTo(150,300)'> TIA Rob www.rcp.ca In message <H7KdnY2XAPVx3r_fRVn-tQ@comcast.com> - Randy Webb <HikksNot...

Pointer to Guide to Pegasus Mail Addons List #150
Last-Updated: 4 May 2006 Posting-Frequency: Weekly Version: 2.4.8 Pegasus Mail - Programs to Make a Good Program Even Better ========================================================== Compiled by Michael Bernardi The "Guide to Pegasus Mail Addons List" is for those who need to use PMAIL in a slightly non standard environment. ie NOT just in Native Netware, MHS or via Mercury or via POP3 or SMTP or who want to add something to the standard installation. It attempts to list every program that can be used with any of the current versions of Pegasus Mail. NOTE I have NOT...

why did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA??
i have a redhat linux 9 with sendmail 8.12.8 (host a) and want to sent an email to another redhat linux 9 with the same version of sendmail (host b). i find that host a can send mail to yahoo.com but can't send to host b and host b's log file has this entry "did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA". how can i solve this problem??? thx!!! "kwtsoi" <kwtsoi@qmss.edu.hk> wrote in message news:blcfqc$8i2@rain.i-cable.com > i have a redhat linux 9 with sendmail 8.12.8 (host a) and want to > sent an email to another redhat linux 9 with...

Web resources about - rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150 - comp.mail.sendmail

Controversial Australian Cup protest could be costly for Awesome Rock's connections
Nothing arouses punters' feelings more than a controversial protest. Racing people still discuss with great vigour the Nausori-Big Philou Caulfield ...

7 Minnesota Connections To The NCAA Tournament
The Gophers aren't a part of March Madness, but there are enough Minnesota connections to the Big Dance to keep local fans engaged in the action ...

84 indicted in connection with NYC, New England drug-gun ring
Bronx DA says four gangs formed "an alliance of evil" to peddle cocaine and heroin in New Hampshire and Massachusetts

Young people prefer an Internet connection to daylight
Technically Incorrect: A UK survey suggests that daylight isn't all that at least in young people's enlightened minds. Neither is hot water. ...

26-year-old man arrested in connection with Iditarod crashes
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A man suspected of intentionally driving a snowmobile into teams of two mushers near the front of the Iditarod Trail ...

Other Sports: For first time, NFL acknowledges connection between football-related brain trauma, CTE ...
In what could be a watershed moment in the debate about the long-term effects of head injuries in the nation's most popular sport, the NFL's ...

Bernie’s Brown Suit, Jorge Ramos’ Clinton Connection, Donald Trump’s Wall Dominate Dem Debate
Univision ’s CNN -simulcast Dem debate at Miami-Dade College was very rough around the edges — Bernie Sanders ’ microphone did not work properly ...