rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150

My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
is 8.12.10.
From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:

rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150

I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !

What can you suggest me to debug and solve this problem ?
comp.mail.sendmail 13512 articles. 1 followers. jfretby (35) is leader. Post Follow

RICCARDO wrote:
> My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
> is 8.12.10.
> From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:
>
> rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150
>
> I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !

Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increased it
from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.
0
sgrayban1 (56)
4/4/2008 1:37:17 AM
On 4 Apr, 03:37, Scott Grayban <sgray...@NOSPAM-gmail.com> wrote:
> RICCARDO wrote:
> > My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
> > is 8.12.10.
> > From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:
>
> > rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150
>
> > I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !
>
> Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increased it
> from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.

This morning I see rejecting connections are reduced (about 300
against 1200 of last days).
But what happens if I increase sendmail childrens ? My mail server run
also other applications as Squid.
Load average is about 2.15.
RICCARDO wrote:
> On 4 Apr, 03:37, Scott Grayban <sgray...@NOSPAM-gmail.com> wrote:
>> RICCARDO wrote:
>>> My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
>>> is 8.12.10.
>>> From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:
>>> rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150
>>> I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !
>> Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increased it
>> from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.
>
> This morning I see rejecting connections are reduced (about 300
> against 1200 of last days).
> But what happens if I increase sendmail childrens ? My mail server run
> also other applications as Squid.
> Load average is about 2.15.

Get a better box then with more memory and faster core.
0
sgrayban1 (56)
4/5/2008 12:31:44 AM
On 5 Apr, 02:31, Scott Grayban <sgray...@NOSPAM-gmail.com> wrote:
> RICCARDO wrote:

> >> Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increase=
d it
> >> from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.
>
> > This morning I see rejecting connections are reduced (about 300
> > against 1200 of last days).
> > But what happens if I increase sendmail childrens ? My mail server run
> > also other applications as Squid.
> > Load average is about 2.15.
>
> Get a better box then with more memory and faster core.

I monitored cpu and load average is low (2=F74) so I think problem is
Ram size ?
My top command shows :

11:10:29  up 295 days, 52 min,  3 users,  load average: 3.44, 2.94,
2.53
CPU states:  cpu    user    nice  system    irq  softirq  iowait
idle
           total   12.1%    0.0%   12.1%   0.0%     0.0%    0.0%
75.7%
Mem:  1032748k av,  996528k used,   36220k free,       0k shrd,
91800k buff
       377592k active,             569988k inactive
Swap: 3068372k av,  254108k used, 2814264k free
335900k cached

What do you think ? Free Ram is only 36220k

rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average
Hi there, I found several of these entries in my logs on RedHat AS 2.1 box. The server runs commercial webserver services. Sendmail is configured to bind to localhost only so it is not accessible externally. Looking at /var/log/maillog gives me no hint that the load average had been reached at all with emails. During the whole day only a few dozens were sent out. Am I facing an attack maybe from a formmail.pl or so? Or are there different reasons other than a mail flood to print sendmail such an error message? What concerns me is that around that time the server crashed... Thanks for any inp...

rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average 28
My sendmail (has been working great for 4 years) stopped sending mail out yesterday, and I find this error message in /var/log/mail/info sendmail [ 1139]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average 28 Restarting sendmail didn't help, but restarting the whole Linux OS did and now it is working. I notice at the same time there were heavy spam attacks, most of that taken however by the Barracuda mail filter. This server has around 1000 mail boxes, quite busy, but getting very old. The sendmail version is 8.12.9, on linux 2.4.21 What does the "daemon MTA" error mean, to...

Mail::Sendmail cannot connect to localhost but the mail command can
Hello, I have a script that uses Mail::Sendmail, this script works just fine in 4 different boxes (RedHat and Solaris). Nevertheless, there is this Solaris machine where it doesn't work, and this is the error I get in the $Mail::Sendmail::error variable: connect to localhost failed (Connection refused) The thing that puzzles me, is that in the same machine, the mail command works just fine. <snipet> 39 sfx@et2:ver_2> mail andres@monroy.com testing .. </snipet> As far as I know, mail tries to send emails via the localhost SMTP just as Mail::Sendmail does. I also tried c...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local...

sendmail FAQ #150
Posted-By: auto-faq 3.3 (Perl 5.008) Archive-name: mail/sendmail/faq Posting-Frequency: posted on the 10th and 25th of each month Last-modified: May 5, 2008 URL: http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ Maintainer: Sendmail FAQ <sendmail-faq-YYYY@sendmail.org> Sendmail Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Last updated May 5, 2008 Changes since the last post on 10 May 2009 12:00:01 PDT * none Top 5 - the *most* frequently asked questions about sendmail: 1. Local config error: see 4.5 2. Re...

Connecting to 9401-150
I have a CD "Client Access for OS/400 Family". It is for DOS, OS/2 & WIN 3.1. Questions are: 1. Will this CD work with Win XP Home? 2. Can I run a crossover cable from my PC to the 2723 ethernet? 3. Can someone "hold my hand" & help get me started with connecting the PC? Last time I had an as/400 was in the early '90's Model B60 if anyone still remembers those beasts. We only used twinax at the time. I am an RPG programmer and wanted to get my feet wet again! Thanks! "Ken Pate" <kenpate@verizon.net> schreef in bericht news:...

sendmail: rejecting connections
Hello, I'm new to Linux. I'm using Redhat 6.2 for the mail server. just recently, sendmail starts rejecting connections. I'm trying to find out what cause it. Please help. James P. <james.pham@pdsc.com> wrote: > Hello, > I'm new to Linux. I'm using Redhat 6.2 for the mail server. > just recently, sendmail starts rejecting connections. > I'm trying to find out what cause it. Please help. Urgently you should upgrade your system, not only sendmail! You have many security holes if your are running Redhat 6.2 - as I presume - at the latest fix le...

Sendmail: mails rejected with "550-unrouteable mail domain "blade150.lafr.de""
mails sent from my Sun Blade 150 (Solaris 9) via sendmail are rejected by the destination mail server with message shown above in the subject line. My sendmail.mc file look like this: divert(0)dnl VERSIONID(`@(#)main.mc 1.5 (Sun) 08/10/00') OSTYPE(`solaris8')dnl DOMAIN(`solaris-generic')dnl FEATURE(`allmasquerade') MASQUERADE_AS(lafr.de)dnl MAILER(`local')dnl MAILER(`smtp')dnl I put in the domain name "lafr.de". I thought this will change user@host.domain.de to user@domain.de. But it seems that I am missing something else. Who can help me ? Regards - F...

sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ???????, ???????
Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? What can I do to fix this? sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? OS Solaris 10 Sendmail 8.13.6 Thanks Jeff spellman.jeff@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? > What can I do to fix this? > sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: > SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? > > OS Solaris 10 > Sendmail 8.13.6 &...

Sendmail ist rejecting mails
Hello to everyone! I'm getting stuck on sendmail after playing around on a running system... (I swear, I'll never do this again!) I'm running a RH8 box with sendmail. After installing postfix and switching the MTA through Redhat's switchmail app, taking a look at it and switching back to sendmail the same way, I cannot send mails anymore! Taking a look in the mail log revealed this after trying to send a mail from admin to root (which should be redirected to admin due to an alias): sendmail[1258]: h64LK7hm001258: from=admin@psyche.home, size=349, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=&l...

Seperate a single 150 Page PDF into 150 seperate documents
Hello, I thought this would be simple, but I'm having problems finding a solution. I have a 150 page PDF and I simply need to convert it into 150 seperate pages. I do have full Adobe Professional running on Windows XP Pro, but short of doing Document > Pages > Split Page 150 times I've found no auto way of doing this. I've also downloaded PDFTK but I've not seen any example showing what I'm trying to do, and reading the help hasn't given me any good starting point. Any ideas? I don't plan on spending money on a tool to do this though I know several exist,...

9401-150 / PC connection
Hi, I have got two 9 pin sockets (UPS/MI) on the back of the AS/400 and one RJ45 FAST ETHERNET PCI ADAPTER CARD socket on the back of a PC 98SE. Is it possible to use these sockets to connect the PC with the AS/400 by a simple cable in order to establish a Client/Access connection between both computers ? If not, is another adapter card required ? A 150 uses Client Access console, unless you have TwinAx. This is functionality in Client Access 3.1 and 3.2, possibly in CA Express as well. At one point in time CA console was replaced by OpsConsole. CA Console uses a special cable that con...

HELP sendmail rejecting connection error
freebsd + sendmail 8.12.11 + clamav-milter + spamass-milet got this error ???? rejecting connection on daemon IPV4: load average 14 rejecting connection on daemon IPV6: load average 14 rejecting connection on daemon MSA: load average 14 And the server closes itself What can I do ????? thanks Jean wrote: > freebsd + sendmail 8.12.11 + clamav-milter + spamass-milet > rejecting connection on daemon IPV4: load average 14 > What can I do ????? Read the documentation: doc/op/op.* (and then cf/README). Look for RefuseLA (and QueueLA). -- A: Maybe because some people are...

Problem Sending Mail
This morning an Outlook user came to me and said they could not send mail. The error message indicated it had timed out "waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server". A look at sendmail's maillog indicated the following whenever a client connected to send mail. Jan 28 12:04:33 mydomain sm-mta[3780]: s0SH0Jnr003780: hispc [192.168.10.30] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA I also saw similar entries from inbound connections from Internet mail servers but that mail, unlike the clients the mail, was still accepted and del...

Web resources about - rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150 - comp.mail.sendmail

Police release image in connection with suspicious death
POLICE are wanting to speak with two men to help with investigations into the possibly suspicious death of a man on the Sunshine Coast on Sunday. ...

Faith: Spirits lift in connection with home
We need to more adequately understand the spirituality of our unique place on earth.

FBI mulls connection between Super Bowl, CA fiber optic cable cuttings
... authorities, who have been baffled by more than a dozen attacks on San Francisco Bay Area data lines, are probing whether there is any connection ...

Star Wars Rebels Trailer Reveals Force Awakens Connection - Collider
The new extended trailer for the mid-season premiere of the Disney XD animated series Star Wars Rebels reveals a huge connection to The Force ...

Arrow EP Confirms Connection Between Felicity Smoak and The Calculator
Ever since Calculator was announced as coming on Arrow season four, right around the same time [...]

JCPenney Testing Appliance Sales By Creating An “Emotional Connection” With Women
... that over 70% of our shoppers are women, we’re going to improve the way customers shop for appliances by building an emotional connection with ...