rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
is 8.12.10.
From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:

rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150

I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !

What can you suggest me to debug and solve this problem ?
0
Reply castellani.riccardo (70) 4/3/2008 2:58:55 PM

See related articles to this posting

RICCARDO wrote:
> My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
> is 8.12.10.
> From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:
>
> rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150
>
> I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !

Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increased it
from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.
0
Reply sgrayban1 (56) 4/4/2008 1:37:17 AM

On 4 Apr, 03:37, Scott Grayban <sgray...@NOSPAM-gmail.com> wrote:
> RICCARDO wrote:
> > My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
> > is 8.12.10.
> > From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:
>
> > rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150
>
> > I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !
>
> Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increased it
> from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.

This morning I see rejecting connections are reduced (about 300
against 1200 of last days).
But what happens if I increase sendmail childrens ? My mail server run
also other applications as Squid.
Load average is about 2.15.
0
Reply castellani.riccardo (70) 4/4/2008 12:29:08 PM

RICCARDO wrote:
> On 4 Apr, 03:37, Scott Grayban <sgray...@NOSPAM-gmail.com> wrote:
>> RICCARDO wrote:
>>> My mail server handles about 50000 messages a day and sendmail version
>>> is 8.12.10.
>>> From one month sendmail continues to reject connections showing:
>>> rejecting connections on daemon MTA: 150 children, max 150
>>> I tried to increase MAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN from 50 to 150 but nothing !
>> Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increased it
>> from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.
>
> This morning I see rejecting connections are reduced (about 300
> against 1200 of last days).
> But what happens if I increase sendmail childrens ? My mail server run
> also other applications as Squid.
> Load average is about 2.15.

Get a better box then with more memory and faster core.
0
Reply sgrayban1 (56) 4/5/2008 12:31:44 AM

On 5 Apr, 02:31, Scott Grayban <sgray...@NOSPAM-gmail.com> wrote:
> RICCARDO wrote:

> >> Tried a higher value then what its maxing out at? You said you increase=
d it
> >> from 50 to 150 so that should be clue.
>
> > This morning I see rejecting connections are reduced (about 300
> > against 1200 of last days).
> > But what happens if I increase sendmail childrens ? My mail server run
> > also other applications as Squid.
> > Load average is about 2.15.
>
> Get a better box then with more memory and faster core.

I monitored cpu and load average is low (2=F74) so I think problem is
Ram size ?
My top command shows :

11:10:29  up 295 days, 52 min,  3 users,  load average: 3.44, 2.94,
2.53
CPU states:  cpu    user    nice  system    irq  softirq  iowait
idle
           total   12.1%    0.0%   12.1%   0.0%     0.0%    0.0%
75.7%
Mem:  1032748k av,  996528k used,   36220k free,       0k shrd,
91800k buff
       377592k active,             569988k inactive
Swap: 3068372k av,  254108k used, 2814264k free
335900k cached

What do you think ? Free Ram is only 36220k
0
Reply castellani.riccardo (70) 4/8/2008 9:11:54 AM
comp.mail.sendmail 13432 articles. 2 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average
Hi there, I found several of these entries in my logs on RedHat AS 2.1 box. The server runs commercial webserver services. Sendmail is configured to bind to localhost only so it is not accessible externally. Looking at /var/log/maillog gives me no hint that the load average had been reached at all with emails. During the whole day only a few dozens were sent out. Am I facing an attack maybe from a formmail.pl or so? Or are there different reasons other than a mail flood to print sendmail such an error message? What concerns me is that around that time the server crashed... Thanks for any inp...

rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average 28
My sendmail (has been working great for 4 years) stopped sending mail out yesterday, and I find this error message in /var/log/mail/info sendmail [ 1139]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average 28 Restarting sendmail didn't help, but restarting the whole Linux OS did and now it is working. I notice at the same time there were heavy spam attacks, most of that taken however by the Barracuda mail filter. This server has around 1000 mail boxes, quite busy, but getting very old. The sendmail version is 8.12.9, on linux 2.4.21 What does the "daemon MTA" error mean, to...

Connecting to 9401-150
I have a CD "Client Access for OS/400 Family". It is for DOS, OS/2 & WIN 3.1. Questions are: 1. Will this CD work with Win XP Home? 2. Can I run a crossover cable from my PC to the 2723 ethernet? 3. Can someone "hold my hand" & help get me started with connecting the PC? Last time I had an as/400 was in the early '90's Model B60 if anyone still remembers those beasts. We only used twinax at the time. I am an RPG programmer and wanted to get my feet wet again! Thanks! "Ken Pate" <kenpate@verizon.net> schreef in bericht news:...

Seperate a single 150 Page PDF into 150 seperate documents
Hello, I thought this would be simple, but I'm having problems finding a solution. I have a 150 page PDF and I simply need to convert it into 150 seperate pages. I do have full Adobe Professional running on Windows XP Pro, but short of doing Document > Pages > Split Page 150 times I've found no auto way of doing this. I've also downloaded PDFTK but I've not seen any example showing what I'm trying to do, and reading the help hasn't given me any good starting point. Any ideas? I don't plan on spending money on a tool to do this though I know several exist,...

9401-150 / PC connection
Hi, I have got two 9 pin sockets (UPS/MI) on the back of the AS/400 and one RJ45 FAST ETHERNET PCI ADAPTER CARD socket on the back of a PC 98SE. Is it possible to use these sockets to connect the PC with the AS/400 by a simple cable in order to establish a Client/Access connection between both computers ? If not, is another adapter card required ? A 150 uses Client Access console, unless you have TwinAx. This is functionality in Client Access 3.1 and 3.2, possibly in CA Express as well. At one point in time CA console was replaced by OpsConsole. CA Console uses a special cable that con...

9401-150 / PC connection #2
Thank you, Ren�, thank you, Msinc : I have only one FLATRON LCD 563LE - display that is either connected with the AS/400 by a LOGIC-box called PRAIM TERM 5488Plus o r with a PC 98SE by a simple 9-pin-cable-connection. I.e. I can only work either on the AS/400 or on the PC not within both environments at the same time. As far as I understand Ren�s suggestion, I need only a cable with one RJ45 plug on the PC-side to connect with ETHERNET and one 9-pin-plug on the AS/400-side to connect with the AS/400-display-adapter (FCC ID AN02720). Then install Client/Access and IPL. As far as I underst...

9401-150 / PC connection #3
Thank you all, I understand that I can use the 5250-console (logic/flatscreen) to do a SOFTWARE configuration for ETHERNET within the OS/400. I further understand that Ren� suggests to install a realtek ETHERNET-adapter-card on the PC-side. I already have one there. It's called : FAST ETHERNET PCI ADAPTER CARD AT-2500, and it is currently linking (RJ45==RJ45) my PC to a T-DSL-modem. Now, let us go to the AS/400-side. Here we see the subsequent interfaces : 1.) 9-pin-MI, which can be used to connect to an operators console. 2.) 9-pin-UPS, which can be left apart, because it is used to ...

AIX 6.1 and the IBM RS/6000 7043-150 43P Model 150
Hi, I would like to train and improve my AIX knowledge with the newest 6.1 features. So, the qouestion is - is it possible to install the AIX 6.1 on obsolete workstation IBM RS/6000 7043-150 43P Model 150 with following configuration: - PowerPC 604e/375MHz, cache 1MB, - RAM 512 MB - 2 x 4GB HDD SCSI, - CD-ROM SCSI 32x, - Floppy 1,44MB, - GPU GTX3000P. If not, what sould be the minimum workstation configuration that would support AIX 6.1 usage (at home, for training)? -- Pozdrawiam, Krzysztof Krzysztof Paz schrieb: > If not, > what sould be the minimum workstation configuration ...

Stanley 16-150 150 Series Short Blade 3-Piece Wood Chisel Set
Price:$10.49 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B00002X1YO Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B00002X1YO 3 Piece Wood Chisel Set Contains 1/2" (12MM), 3/4" (18MM) & 1" (25MM) Chisels, Features Full Size, Shock Absorbing Handles With A No Roll Feature, Durable Precision Ground Cutting Edges, Heat Tempered Steel Blades, Lacquer Coated To Resist Rust, Bolster Blade Washer To Distribute Load, Added For Strength, Overall Length Of Chisels Is 7-3/4" (199MM), Carded. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Hitachi C10FCE2 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw:http...

CallPilot 150 serial connection ID and Password
Hi, I have a customer who is unable to login in to a CallPilot 150 using the serial cable. I thought the default password was SYSMGR, but apparently not. He keeps getting a message that say Login:, then Password, then a message that says invalid login name. I had him try sysadmin for the login name and 0000 for the pw, still no go. He just wants to know the IP of the unit and I can't find anything in my documentation....any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Stacy The serial cable is mostly used for changing the IP address if the default address cannot work with your net...

<BODY onBlur="resizeTo(150,150)"> doesn't work in IE6
Hi I'm trying to create a "roll-up" effect when a window loses focus and then "roll-down" when it regains focus. This statement works properly with every browser I can get my hands on EXCEPT WinIE6. WinIE6 says there's an error in the code, but the debugging info says the problem is on line 1 char 1, which are comments. <Body bgcolor='black' Text='#dbdbdb' onblur='window.resizeTo(150,150)' onfocus='window.resizeTo(150,300)'> TIA Rob www.rcp.ca In message <H7KdnY2XAPVx3r_fRVn-tQ@comcast.com> - Randy Webb <HikksNot...

crossover cable connect PC and Blade 150 problem?
I connected my desktop PC(win2000) and my Blade150(solaris9) using crossover cable and always failed. I check network nightberhood and never see Blade150, also I can't see my PC from Blade150!!!! Who can show me the right procedure to setup them? Many thanks. On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:39:03 GMT, dfx <dfx@21rf.com> wrote: > I connected my desktop PC(win2000) and my Blade150(solaris9) using crossover > cable and always failed. I check network nightberhood and never > see Blade150, also I can't see my PC from Blade150!!!! Were you expecting your Wind2000 machine (usin...

"rejecting connections on daemon MSA" after suspend/resume
Running Sendmail 8.13.3-1 on a Debian laptop. Everytime I suspend then resume the power I see a bunch of entries like this in the log: Jan 27 05:56:22 host1 sm-mta[22988]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average: 13 Now here's the thing, I know there's no way that it can be maxed out on connections because I am the only one using this machine and I have enabled incoming SMTP only for testing purposes (it receives perhaps one or two unauthorized SMTP attempts per week). Sometimes after a resume the ethernet interface is inactive for a minute or two, but I've verfied th...

150,000 low cost laptops sold to children in Libya
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071031/tc_nm/intel_libya_dc;_ylt=Aqn6jpjW3S34URlcuR35_SUjtBAF -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com On Oct 31, 10:11 am, "Keith Windsor" <ke...@fremail.com> wrote: > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071031/tc_nm/intel_libya_dc;_ylt=Aqn6jpj... Hope that Microsoft remembered to remove the Encryption :-D It irks me to see Microsoft being the system installed on these machines, after all the work done by OSS supporters to make OLPC $100 laptops a reality. At least the laptops are getting out there. It may be that Mi...

Max. Connection & Connection Time out parameters
Hi, This is a basic question regarding the connections while building a connection pool on oracle 8.1.7 database on solaris 8. 1. Is there any parameter in oracle (init.ora or some where else) which dictates the maximum no. of connections that ever can be opened from a database so that the java based connection pool can impose a limit on it's maximum pooled connection? If yes, then what is the parameter and how it can be tuned? 2. How to determine a connection time out property so that the java based connection pool manager can close the coonection before this time period. Thanks in a...

New Connection pooling => Apache Connects Maxing out ?
Hello, With some great help from this list the other night I implemented connection pooling on Tomcat using the commons-dbcp package. I am using Tomcat 4.0.4 That seemed to work fine and there are no problems in testing but as soon as I put it live the number of Apache processes rockets through the roof and apache stops accepting connections. The log file says "MaxClients" reached. This was no problem as MaxClients was set to 20 which was fine with the old (non connection pooling) .war file. So I set up MaxClients to 256 and restarted, now the problem happens agai...

Infoserver 150
Is there a document (like an FAQ) that explains in simple terms how to setup and use an Infoserver 150? Once I have it up and running, can a PDP-11 boot off of it, too? bill -- Bill Gunshannon | de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n. Three wolves billg999@cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. University of Scranton | Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include <std.disclaimer.h> In article <aedrmsF60fgU1@mid.individual.net>, billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes: >Is there a document (like an FAQ) that explains in...

Rejecting Connection
Hello all, I have a linux sendmail server just started rejecting connection at least once per day. I couldn't figure out. Any hints where I can look for the problem. How can I close the port and reopen the connection without reboot the server? Thanks, Steve Steve Tran wrote: > I have a linux sendmail server just started rejecting connection at > least once per day. I couldn't figure out. Any hints where I can look > for the problem. System logs, under /var/log. > How can I close the port and reopen the connection > without reboot the server? Restart se...

Rejecting a connection
Hi all, I've been wondering how to reject a connection? Instead of accept() I would like to "decline()" a connection. The only way of rejecting connections I've thought about is to accept() and then close() immediatelly. But would the other end actually receive the accept and then the connection would be dropped? Regards, David aamesster@googlemail.com wrote On 05/30/06 10:58,: > Hi all, > > I've been wondering how to reject a connection? Instead of accept() I > would like to "decline()" a connection. The only way of rejecting > connections...

HP 150
Ciao a tutti, posso scrivere in italiano chi mi capisce ? Il mio problema � la ricostruzione dei floppy 3.5 con teledisk 2.16. Il programma teledisk 2.11 per floppy 5.1/4 funziona alla perfezione, ho gia fatto i floppy per HP 86 85 Quando faccio i floppy da 3.5 teledisk 2.16 mi da errore errore errore. Come faccio a risolvere questo problema ? grazi mille ffabrizioluga ...

150 year
$set ver $ crea foobar.foo $ wr f$file("foobar.foo","bdt") 17-NOV-1858 00:00:00.00 $ wr f$time() 17-NOV-2008 07:53:57.56 150 years since i backed up that file :) - the_mip Lets celebrate with a good old 1 : http://h71000.www7.hp.com/wizard/wiz_2315.html The Mip wrote: > $set ver > $ crea foobar.foo > $ wr f$file("foobar.foo","bdt") > 17-NOV-1858 00:00:00.00 > $ wr f$time() > 17-NOV-2008 07:53:57.56 > > 150 years since i backed up that file :) This is normal since the backup date is all zeros, and all zeros means the &qu...

9401-150
Hi there, I recently picked up a 9401-150, and I'm trying to make use of it. I was interested to find out if anyone has any links to some redbooks/ manuals concerning the 150. I seem to be coming up short on searches. I know the 150 isn't much anymore, but I'm just trying to get a box together to learn on. The 9406-720 I have in storage at the moment is of course too big to be practical for home use, so the disks and such I'll probably pull and put into the 150. Also, if anyone would be able to point me in the direction of some install media for the 150, it would be much ...

Pathers 150
I have Panther and I wonder if anyone has seen a complete list of the 150 new things in Panther? If so, where, please. -M.P. G. Michael Paine: > I have Panther and I wonder if anyone has seen a complete list of the > 150 new things in Panther? If so, where, please. http://www.apple.com/macosx/ -- if anywhere. Davoud -- usenet *at* davidillig dawt com In article <mipaine-04CB72.08493014112003@comcast.ash.giganews.com>, "G. Michael Paine" <mipaine@comcast.net> wrote: > I have Panther and I wonder if anyone has seen a complete list of the > 150 new th...

#150,000
Because I can. -- "When the openMoko devices begin to appear, then the world will truly open up in terms of bringing the computing and GSM worlds together." Mark Kent 7/23/07 "Ezekiel" <zeke@nosuchemail.com> wrote in message news:kv5uct$5sk$1@dont-email.me... > Because I can. > > -- > "When the openMoko devices begin to appear, then the world will truly open > up in terms of bringing the computing and GSM worlds together." > > Mark Kent > 7/23/07 This was post #150,000 to this newsgroup according to...