Restrict Local From: mails on Sendmail Relay Servers

Hi,

In our network we have a Sendmail relay server connected on our intranet and
also to the public network. I would like to restrict the server to accept
incoming mails with source local adresses only from our intranet.

Example:

Lets supose that our local domain is "local.dom". Considering this scenario
I would to configure Sendmail only to accept mails with the "From:
*@local.dom" comming from our intranet mail server and reject those comming
from Internet apparently sended from a *@local.dom guy.

Regards,

Jordi

0
redcorjo (1)

unable to forward mail from 1 sendmail server to another sendmail server
Hi, i have a setup like this: box A ---> box B ---> sends to the world. sendmail, solaris 9. what is happening is as follows: Application on box A generates mail (for the users, who can be from anywhere) forwards it to box B which sends it out. The box A is forwarding mail to box B, only for the users of the domain, ie if there is a user is having a gmail id the mail is NOT forwarded from box A ----> box B. If i do a nslookup on gmail on box A it resolves properly. XXXXXX Message 2: >From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Oct 26 12:14:26 2005 Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> To: <amit@www.domainname.com> MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure) This is a MIME-encapsulated message --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com The original message was received at Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) from localhost [127.0.0.1] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <amitka@gmail.com> (reason: 550 Host unknown) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 550 5.1.2 <amitka@gmail.com>... Host unknown (Name server: mailhost.domainame.com: host not found) --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com Content-Type: message/delivery-status Reporting-MTA: dns; www.domainname.com Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost Arrival-Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) Final-Recipient: RFC822; amitk...

too many sendmail 8.12.11 sendmail and mail.local processes
I noticed over 7000 sendmail and mail.local processes that eventually exhausted the system's swap space. The system is a Solaris 8 box running sendmail 8.12.11. Also, sendmail.cf has MaxDaemonChildren=500 set. The problem occurred after the system received over 60,000 large email due to a misbehaved application. 1. Why would there be more than 500 sendmail processes? I noticed the parent process for most of the sendmail processes is 1 and mail.local were spawned by sendmail, of course. I have the default MaxQueueChildren value which is unlimited. I noted over 7,000 of these messages in syslog during the time of the incident; Jun 12 09:02:04 peace sendmail-mta[22621]: j5CD04jr022619: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:03:03 peace sendmail-mta[23982]: j5CD13Ef023979: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:04:36 peace sendmail-mta[26086]: j5CD2aaO026076: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:05:38 peace sendmail-mta[27455]: j5CD3bKd027452: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:06:01 peace sendmail-mta[27939]: j5CD411x027931: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:06:16 peace sendmail-mta[28248]: j5CD4GmD028243: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 8 S root 8888 1 0 49 20 69174...

Sendmail 6.2 authentication with Win2000 server for mail relay
Our network receives email through a linux box with Sendmail 6.2 and relays the mail to our Exchange Server 2000. Currently, I have to enable "anonymous authentication" in the SMTP / virtual server / access / authentication control in order to receive mail from the linux box. I have tried different combinations of allowing that specific IP address, but don't want to enable all computers to 'relay' without authenticating. Can someone please instruct me how to get the linux box to authenticate with the win2k machine so I can disable the 'anonymous authentication' c...

Sendmail must forward all local mails to corporate SMTP server!
Hi, I am setting up Bugzilla on linux system and as such it will use the linux mail command to forward its emails. So I need to get a sendmail configuration which will send *every* mail sent using unix mail to the corporation SMTP server (smtp.mycorp.com) That server requires login and password plus SSL. I am thinking that this is a common config, but I am not seeing any help as I search various places. Here is what I have so far(sendmail.mc): VERSIONID(`setup for Red Hat Linux')dnl OSTYPE(`linux')dnl define(`confLOG_LEVEL', `20')dnl FEATURE(`authinfo',`hash /etc/mail/authinfo')dnl dnl # define(`confTO_CONNECT', `1m')dnl define(`confTRY_NULL_MX_LIST',true)dnl define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES',true)dnl define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/aliases')dnl define(`STATUS_FILE', `/var/log/mail/statistics')dnl define(`UUCP_MAILER_MAX', `2000000')dnl define(`confUSERDB_SPEC', `/etc/mail/userdb.db')dnl define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `authwarnings,novrfy,noexpn,restrictqrun')dnl dnl # dnl # define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A p')dnl TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`EXTERNAL DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `EXTERNAL GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl d define(`confCACERT_PATH',`/usr/share/ssl/certs') define(`confCACERT',`/usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt') dnl #define(`localCERT', `/etc/ma...

mail::sendmail (SOMETIMES) get "bad file descriptor" error when mail not local
I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using CPAN I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server and I get my personel email at that address. The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for example, "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file descriptor" I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) I noticed that there is a soft link to qmail on the remote server, but it was my understanding that mail::Sendmail is independant of other mail programs. Is there some configuration file I can change to solve this problem? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Dave Dave Roberts wrote: > I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using > CPAN > > I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server > and I get my personel email at that address. > > The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the > recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for > example, > > "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file > descriptor" > > > I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I > configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) > > I not...

Anti-Spam software for a sendmail mail-relay (no local mailbox storage)
Any ideas about Anti-Spam software for a sendmail Mail-Relay (no local mailbox storage)? Actually I use subject parsring against key-words, and RBL query, but spam is still a big problem. Best Regards, Graziano Sommariva Graziano Sommariva wrote: > Any ideas about Anti-Spam software for a sendmail Mail-Relay (no local > mailbox storage)? > > Actually I use subject parsring against key-words, and RBL query, but spam > is still a big problem. milter-sender works wonders against many mails from spoofed or temporary spam accounts. MIMEDefang with integrated SpamAssass...

Sendmail sending user@domain.com to my local machine instead of my mail server.
Hi All I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. It works when I send out mails to username@gmail.com or username@yahoo.com, etc. But when I send out mails to username@abc.com, the mails get sent to itself, i.e. machine A1. And the maillog shows that the Local mailer was called to send the mail instead of the ESMTP mailer. I have other Freebsd machines, and have no problem sending mails to username@abc.com. I've tried everything, including copying all the files in /etc/mail from my other working Freebsd machines to machine A1, and do a make, make install, make restart. But machine A1 still calls the local mailer to deliver mails addressed to @abc.com. Machine A1 is acting as if it is the mail server for the domain. I don't have local-domains, local-host-names, files, etc. I just use the original sendmail.com.mc file. Can anybody help? Thank you very much in anticipation. Gui cmgui2@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All > > I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. > I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails > occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server > for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. > > It...

Securing a Sendmail mail server
This actually is more along the lines of ensuring that your server is not an open relay and to ensure that only my internal LAN and users authenticated via smtp-auth have the ability to send mail through my mail server. I've been pouring over the bat book and the new sendmail cookbook and feel like i've made good progress in figuring out how to secure my server. However, I wanted to post a few questions here to verify that I am understanding this correctly and when my server goes live, I am not an open relay. I know as of sendmail 8.9, it is a closed relay by default. Which is...

sendmail should not deliver mails locally
Hi all, how can I tell sendmail to stop delivering mails locally? If my domain is XXX.XX and php sends a mail on this server to AB@XXX.XX it should query the MX record for XXX.XX and deliver it to the domain listet in the MX record and not locally. is this possible? partynet.at wrote: > how can I tell sendmail to stop delivering mails locally? > If my domain is XXX.XX and php sends a mail on this server to AB@XXX.XX > it should query the MX record for XXX.XX and deliver it to the domain > listet in the MX record and not locally. Make sure it's not in class {w}. See cf/README about: | ACCEPTING MAIL FOR MULTIPLE NAMES | and confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES DontProbeInterfaces -- Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous article(s) at the end because it's annoying, shows that the poster is too lazy to trim his article, and it's wasting my time. ...

Forward local gateway mail to internal mail server
I have Sendmail 8.13.5 running on redhat 9 on both boxes and would like the local mail on the gateway to be forwarded to the internal mail server. I have the DH and DR options set to the desired box but the local mail is still delivered locally. I can verify by sendmail -bv bo output: bo... deliverable: mailer local, user bo but if testing sendmail -bv bo@domain.com output: bo@domain.com... deliverable: mailer esmtp, \ host [internal.server.com], user bo@domain.com -- Thank You Bo Hunter Registered Linux User #393766 http://counter.li.org/ fingerprint = E5CE 755F 9040 8C5A C830 EA5F 890F 17EB 9118 645E ...

sendmail only accepting mail from local users
I've got a newbie question that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on for me. I had to change the smtp port Sendmail was listening on to 587 last night due to SBC/Yahoo's port blocking. That was the only option I changed. Then about an hour later Sendmail stopped accepting mail from external users, but from local users it worked fine. I can connect and send email to anyone of the local users from my user account with a mail client. The maillog reads: Mar 11 12:36:20 server sendmail[90351]: j2BKaJD90306: to=<thunderbird@mydomain.com>, ctladdr=<steven@myotherdomain.com> (1008/100 1), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=30024, relay=local, But when I send from my Gmail account to one of the users' accounts the mail dissappears. Load averages on the server are well below maximum now, but were over the maximum last night. I've rebooted. I'm out of ideas. Is there another setting for maillog to be more verbose so that I can see why the email from external users is dissappearing. Thanks for any advice. Steven wrote: > I've got a newbie question that I'm hoping someone can shed some light > on for me. I had to change the smtp port Sendmail was listening on to > 587 last night due to SBC/Yahoo's port blocking. That was the only > option I changed. Then about an hour later Sendmail stopped accepting > mail from external users, but from local users it worked fine. I can > connect and send email...

Sendmail Deferred and times out with mail server
I have a linux box that sits in our Cisco PIX DMZ and relays mail to our internal Exchange server. Problem I have is that sometimes it relays fine, other times we get a 'Connection timed out with mail.unix.com'. Here is a snippet from my logfile of a email I recently sent: Jan 6 11:36:42 myhost sendmail[4136]: j06GagkR004136: from=root, size=62, class=0, n rcpts=1, msgid=<200501061636.j06GagkR004136@myhost.unix.com>, relay=root@loca lhost Jan 6 11:36:43 myhost sendmail[4138]: j06GagU6004138: from=<root@myhost.unix.com>, size=386, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<200501061636.j06GagkR004136@myhost.unix.com>, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1] Jan 6 11:36:43 myhost sendmail[4136]: j06GagkR004136: to=jweb@unix.com , ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=relay, pri=30062, relay=[12 7.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (j06GagU6004138 Message accepted for delivery) Jan 6 11:37:26 myhost sendmail[4122]: j06GRH15003890: to=<jweb@unix.co m>, ctladdr=<root@myhost.unix.com> (0/0), delay=00:10:09, xdelay=00:01:00, ma iler=esmtp, pri=120387, relay=mail.unix.com. [123.123.166.195], dsn=4.0.0, stat=De ferred: Connection timed out with mail.unix.com. I can't determine where the problem is -- dmz? sendmail? exchange? Any thoughts or help is immensely appreciated. Thanks, JWeb ...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

Mail::Sendmail
perl doesn't like my return address. Does anyone know why? error message as follows-------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ perl mail_test.pl [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ Bad or missing From address: '' text of program follows---------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ vi mail_test.pl 1 #!/usr/bin/perl; 2 use Mail::Sendmail; 3 4 %mail = { To => "ccc31807\@yahoo.com", 5 From => "cartercc\@gmail.com", 6 Subject => 'Test of sendmail', 7 Message => "This is a test of sendmail"}; 8 9...

Relaying all local mail to another server.
Hi, I've configured sendmail to relay all local and remote e-mail to an exchange server for distribution. The relay to remote address is working just fine. The only problem I have is with the relaying of the local e-mail. Name of my machine: my_local Name of our exchange server: my_exchg Name of our domain: my_domain.com When my machine relays the e-mail to the exchange server, this is what happens: MAIL From:<root@my_domain.com> root@my_domain.com....Sender OK RCPT To:<hector@my.exchg.my_domain.com> Sent. The e-mail gets received by the exchange server just fine, but why is sendmail changing my address to hector@my.exchg.my_domain.com ? What I want is for sendmail just to say: hector@my_domain.com . Now, this only happens when the cron job sends an e-mail to hector (local address) without specifying the address, just to "hector". If the cron job sends it to "hector@hotmail.com", the exchange server gets the correct addres. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hector B. On May 14, 6:35 pm, hdbarr...@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I've configured sendmail to relay all local and remote e-mail to an > exchange server for distribution. > > The relay to remote address is working just fine. > > The only problem I have is with the relaying of the local e-mail. > > Name of my machine: my_local > Name of our exchange server: my_exchg > Name of our domain: my_domain.com > > When my machine re...

I'm sendmail from mail server
I'm using sendmail in my mail server ( vers. 8.12.10-1.1.1). The same mail was sent to 2 users (A, B), I can see 2 different mail formats. A uses Outlook Express 6 and it's able to read message B uses Outlook Express 6 and it's NOT able to read message. I verified mail, which was in mailbox B, has winmail.dat inside body so I suppose to be RTF format. I verified client which sent the mail, but there is neither settings for RTF format nor setting for RFT format for specific recipients. Can sendmail alter email format in this way ? RICCARDO <ric.castellani@alice.it> wrote in <792579cd-a52c-424c-9e57-3157b467873d@f8g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>: > I'm using sendmail in my mail server ( vers. 8.12.10-1.1.1). > The same mail was sent to 2 users (A, B), I can see 2 different mail > formats. > > A uses Outlook Express 6 and it's able to read message > B uses Outlook Express 6 and it's NOT able to read message. > > I verified mail, which was in mailbox B, has winmail.dat inside body > so I suppose to be RTF format. > I verified client which sent the mail, but there is neither settings > for RTF format nor setting for RFT format for specific recipients. > > Can sendmail alter email format in this way ? Not to my knowledge. Can you run a packet trace (WireShark, tcpdump, etc.) of both sessions (the one to A _and_ the one to B), and then compare them? I suspect that B is somehow prompting Exchange to send ...

Cant send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
I use the netstat to get the following information: tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32768 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:32769 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:109 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:110 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 ...

Sendmail is not receiving mail for local users
Hello, My AIX 5.2L box can't receive any e-mail addressed to local users and my var/spool/mqueue is filling with mail files. I've tried: sendmail -bi hash map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases.db: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. dbm map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. WARNING: cannot open alias database /etc/mail/aliases Cannot create database for alias file /etc/mail/aliases: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. root /etc/mail > ls -l total 136 -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 1424 Oct 13 10:21 aliases -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 12288 Oct 13 08:59 aliases.db -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 46645 Oct 14 13:17 sendmail.cf -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 34 Oct 13 08:59 sendmail.pid root /etc/mail > newaliases hash map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases.db: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. dbm map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. WARNING: cannot open alias database /etc/mail/aliases Cannot create database for alias file /etc/mail/aliases: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. root /etc/mail > chmod 664 * root /etc/mail > newaliases /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: WARNING: dangerous write permissions newaliases: cannot open /etc/mail/aliases: Grou...

sendmail appending .org to mail relay
Hi, I'm having a little weirdness with sendmail I'm wondering if you've seen this before. Some mail is getting refused. The relay is resolving to a domain name that is incorrect. It's like the server is randomly appending ..org to the end of the relay name. See a couple lines below. From maillog: ============================================= Jul 14 20:30:50 mydomain sendmail[7328]: i6DNMpP4014205: to=<xxxxxxxx@somedomain.com>, ctladdr=<user@myserver.org> (529/529), delay=1+03:07:59, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=4322293, relay=somedomain.com.org. [216.234.246.151], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection refused by somedomain.com.org. ============================================= If I do an MX dig against somedomain.com it comes back with nada: [root@mydomain mail]# dig MX somedomain.com ; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> MX somedomain.com ;; global options: printcmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 53524 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0 ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;somedomain.com. IN MX ;; Query time: 209 msec ;; SERVER: 204.144.142.2#53(204.144.142.2) ;; WHEN: Wed Jul 14 21:46:57 2004 ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 35 Why would it try to find it under the com.org domain, and how can I prevent sendmail from trying to send to that domain? Sendmail version info below. Thanks for your time. Jon [jonlyb@mydomain jonlyb]$ echo \$Z | /usr/sbin...

How to enable Mail Directory instead of Mail File in Sendmail/Procmail?
Hi, Again a newbie question. I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in seperate file). thanks Rohit. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com> writes: > Again a newbie question. > > I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to > know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each > mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in > seperate file). > > thanks You can easily change it in per user ~user/.procmailrc or global /etc/procmailrc http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section4.html#4.3 Q4.3 -- How can I get sendmail to deliver local mail to $HOME/.mail instead of into /usr/spool/mail (or /usr/mail)? -- [en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/ Netcraft Site Rank: 462490 Thanks for replying Andrzej. But, this does not answer my question. I want mails in my inbox to be deposited in the Mail Directory and not mail file. For Example, I want to specify each mail to the mailbox is stored as independent file. So, if I have 5 mails for me then there are 5 files in my mail directory. I am looking for either system wide or mailbox size setting. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com>...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local alias which is redirected to /dev/null. This solution is also unmanageable in the long run. Therefore I turn to you for guidance and information on how to find a solution for the spam problem on my server. Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :) Thx, /Timo_S On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:03:08 +0300 Timo_S wrote: > I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running > Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient > but not manageable in the long run. > > The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but > it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for > information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the > ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the > /etc/mail/access file. What do these "bad scripts" do...

Web resources about - Restrict Local From: mails on Sendmail Relay Servers - comp.mail.sendmail

Facebook Releases Second Global Government Requests Report, Adds Requests To Restrict, Remove Content ...
... the release of the second edition of its Global Government Requests Report , and this time around, it added government requests to restrict ...

Citing Legal Risks, Facebook Restricts Employee Stock Sales
Facebook implemented a new policy against insider stock trading last Friday. The point is to keep employees with stock to sell from getting in ...

ACT government restricts lottery sales to daytime
ACT government introduces restrictions on times tickets and scratchies can be sold in Canberra.

Protests as Spain restricts abortions (00:43)
RAW VISION: pro-choice demonstrators shout slogans during a protest against their government on abortion issues in Madrid, Spain.

Palm Beach to create street register, restrict hedge-planting
PALM BEACH residents have won a long-running battle to control ''spite hedges'' - the colloquial name for the fast-growing, view-blocking plants ...

US Aviation restricts flights over Iraq
The US Federal Aviation Administration has restricted US airlines from flying below 30,000 feet over Iraq.

Childcare experts slam plan to restrict funding for vulnerable children
Childcare experts say a mooted restriction of the childcare benefit for non-working parents will punish vulnerable children who have a right ...

Google restricts 'revenge porn' pic access
Google will allow people whose nude pictures have been posted on websites without their permission to have the image links blocked from its search ...

Healthy welfare card restricts spending on alcohol, gambling
A proposed &quot;technologically advanced&quot; cashless welfare card will link to recipients' mobile phones and restrict them from spending ...