restrict mailing list senders to mailing list subscribers?

Hello I have a few mailings lists using text files containing the
recipients of the list. Can I restrict senders to those lists to be
only the subscribers? any way to to this with sendmail? thanks.
0
jcharth (88)

joe wrote:
> Hello I have a few mailings lists using text files containing the
> recipients of the list. Can I restrict senders to those lists to be
> only the subscribers? any way to to this with sendmail? thanks.

Search for "protected recipients".

Grant. . . .
0
gtaylor (1357)
4/29/2010 1:25:34 AM
Thanks Grant. That solve half my problem. I found

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/protected.html

This seems to apply to all aliases. Is it possible to apply this
setting to certain lists only based on part of the aliases file?
0
jcharth (88)
4/29/2010 12:32:42 PM
On 04/29/10 07:32, joe wrote:
> Thanks Grant.

You are welcome.

> That solve half my problem.

:-|

> This seems to apply to all aliases. Is it possible to apply this
> setting to certain lists only based on part of the aliases file?

If I understand you correctly (which it is entirely possible that I'm
mis-understanding you) you are wanting to have a way to protect a subset
of your local aliases.  Correct?

(Presuming yes.)

I don't think there is a way for Sendmail to break the alias list in to
multiple pieces.  Even if you could, what would that gain you?  Sendmail
will still have to check each recipient if it is protected or not.

Grant. . . .
0
gtaylor (1357)
4/29/2010 3:57:50 PM
joe wrote:
> Thanks Grant. That solve half my problem. I found
>
> http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/protected.html
>
> This seems to apply to all aliases. Is it possible to apply this
> setting to certain lists only based on part of the aliases file?

Hmm, you want to check sender-recipient pairs?

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/check.html#check_compat
The Compat: tag is not usuable in this situation, though, see
README.cf:
"
compat_check	Enable ruleset check_compat to look up pairs of addresses
		with the Compat: tag --	Compat:sender<@>recipient -- in the
		access map.  Valid values for the RHS include
			DISCARD	silently discard recipient
			TEMP:	return a temporary error
			ERROR:	return a permanent error
		In the last two cases, a 4xy/5xy SMTP reply code should
		follow the colon.
"

I dimmly remember some suggestion to:

first) store the sender into a macro
second) use check_rcpt in combination with that,

So one has the advantage of the early check_rcpt with the advantage of
the sender-recipient-pair check. But I couldn't found it right now.

-ska
0
skg34 (195)

[newbie] how to do a mailing list without a mailing list manager
hi, i read that we can do a simple mailing list with /etc/aliases file like : all-my-users " : include: /path/list_of_all_my_users" i would like to have a dynamic list_of_all_my_users file (not static) because when i create a count on the computer, i don't want to to update the list_of_all_my_users file i think i can do that with a script that generate the file (updated by cron for example) BUT do you know a another solution as a function that tells to send mail to all the users of the computer ? thanks Fabrice Fabrice CANDAU wrote: > i read that we can do a simpl...

mail not sent to some in mailing lists
When I send mail to a long mailing list, sent mail sometimes shows me that the BCC line contains 2 addresses per line like this: Darien DeLu <con@macnexus.org>, David Casselman <davis@ix.netcom.com>, Deen Eber <deeber@comcast.net>, Dirk De Lu <dirk4@padise.net.nz>, Doug Henry <dahenry@gmail.com>, In the address book, addresses are listed one per line with commas at the end. As you can see, above Dirk De Lu appears under Bcc: as the second entry on one line with a space after the comma. When this happens, it appears Dirk does not ...

Mercury Mail Mailing List
I'm trying to set up a mailing list with Mercury /32 v4 and I'm having problems. I hope this is the right place to seek help. To the best of my knowledge, I created the list correctly. I added a couple of accounts to the subscription list. However, when I send a message to the list, it never gets distributed, and the sending account gets a bounce back email stating that "the user doesn't exist". So.. my questions are: 1. Does the mailing list address have to exist as a user account in Mercury? During my trouble-shooting, I thought that it might, so I cre...

Problem with mails from mailing lists
The details: A DMZ server with a real domain name and ip. Distro is Debian unstable, Sendmail version is 8.13.4 and kernel is 2.6.10. Server is also MX for the domain. All mail for the domain goes to 1 user and fetchmail POP3's the mail to the internal Exchange 2003 server. The config files: /etc/mail/sendmail.mc define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.12.11-5 2004-04-22 15:43:34 cowboy Exp $') OSTYPE(`debian')dnl DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl LOCAL_CONFIG FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> /etc/...

How to hightlight the mail from mailing lists
Hello everyone. I have lots mails from a mailing list (lets take help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org for example). So I want to have a clearer view of them. I've looked up the manual already, seems that I should add this to my .muttrc: color index foreground background pattern But what does "pattern" mean? Should I replaced it with the address or a regexp or something else? Thanks a lot. -- Fear is the path to the Darkside. Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to suffering. Corsair wrote: > What does "pattern" mean in "color i...

Mail.app Mailing List?
Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I find it?? -- Bob Batson rcb@kc.rr.com "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" Bob Batson wrote: > Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I > find it?? > Not sure if it's what your asking, but the Address Book application allows you to create mailing lists, and there's lots of information in the Address Book Help file. Once you've created the list, you can select it and use it in the Mail application. In article <rcYye...

Mail list program request-- where can I find a mail list with these features?
For a group mail list, I'm looking for the following features-- a combination of features I've not found in search engine listings: 1.) Freeware 2.) Runs on Windows 98 plus newer versions 3.) Installs to and runs on a bootable cd rom 4.) Writes transportable comma delimited email file to floppy disk or cdrw for update or retrieval to common mail progs such at Outlook, Eudora or Thunderbird.. List can be sent as an attachment to load into Outlook Express or Thunderbird. ...

restrict senders to mailing list using sendmail and mailscanner
I would like to restrict our mailing list to accept emails sent from specific senders. I am using sendmail 8.12.8 and Mailscanner. Can anyone provide me with some help? Meow ...

Why is SpamWatch is junking my mail from a mailing list?
Just in the last couple of days, Eudora 6.0 has been assigning spam scores of 99 to all the mail from a certain mailing list I subscribe to. I went into the UserJunkDB.txt file and removed all references to the mailing list title, then rescored a bunch of the mail from that list and it still posted it at a score of 99. I "unjunked" the messages, and when I recalculated the scores, they still came up at 99. Apparently some keyword gets them marked as spam. Any ideas how I can determine what words in a message get it marked as spam? Along the same lines, is there any way to c...

Help With FBSD Mail/Mail list.
Hi. I use Pine for my mail client, I also subscribe to the FBSD mailing list. The stable list, The Ports List and the Questions list. I'm not much help on these list, but I learn allot from reading the mail. I use "fetchmail" to get the mail from my ISP's server. Here is my fetchmail ============================ set daemon 600 set postmaster Timmy14 set logfile ./.fetchmail.log poll smtp.my mail server. proto pop3 user Timmy14 pass xxxxxxxxxxxx mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail -d %T" fetchall flush ========================== Here is my procm...

Save mail to mailing list mailbox?
Is there a way to save all email for a mailing list to a mailbox with the name of the mailing list? Thanks. Dave Feustel dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote: > Is there a way to save all email for a mailing list to a mailbox with > the name of the mailing list? I use fcc-save-hooks for this, one for each mailing list, e.g., fcc-save-hook '~t "mutt-dev"' +Lists/mutt-dev fcc-save-hook '~t "mutt-users"' +Lists/mutt-users -- Gary Johnson Gary Johnson <garyjohn@eskimo.com> wrote: > dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote: >>...

Getting correct From in mailing list mail
Hi, Whenever I get e-mail from mailing lists the From field in the header contains <name-of-list>-owner@blah.blah instead of the actual author's address. Is this a Mutt thing, and if so how can I change this? -- Cheers, Bernard On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:41:33 +0100, Bernard El-Hagin wrote: > > Hi, > > Whenever I get e-mail from mailing lists the From field in the header > contains <name-of-list>-owner@blah.blah instead of the actual author's > address. Is this a Mutt thing, and if so how can I change this? That's ...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Please unregister this mail-address out of mailing-list.
Dear Python Staff, I am writing this letter to unsubscribe this mail-address from python mail-list. One problem is that this python community is so active that I always lost myself to find my business emails. So, I want to quit this mail-address from you, and want to set up a specific mail-box to receive all python mails. Since could find a way to unsubscribe the mails, I need to write this letter to you. Please help. BTW, python is indeed great, thank you all for any supports. Hank. ...

[merc32] no welcome/farewell-mail on mailing list?
heyas! is there a trick i dont know yet? i did set the welcome/farewell files (just copied the sample-standard files for testing). when i hit the edit button, the file pops up (so its the correct file)... but when i subscribe (subscription works too, im list member after it) there is no welcome message =( no error message on mercury, but also not efen an attemtp to send any mail out ;/ any ideas? thx tobi ...

Welcome to the "Mails" mailing list
Thanks for Joining www.freehotlinksdirectory.com Welcome to the Mails@freehotlinksdirectory.com mailing list! To post to this list, send your email to: mails@freehotlinksdirectory.com General information about the mailing list is at: http://freehotlinksdirectory.com/mailman/listinfo/mails_freehotlinksdirectory.com If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription page at: http://freehotlinksdirectory.com/mailman/options/mails_freehotlinksdirectory.com/python-list%40pytho...

Mails from postmaster address to mailing list are lost
I have been using Mercury/32 with a domain mailbox for several years with very few problems. I currently use v3.31 (but my problem is also present with v3.32). But I have this problem: if the term 'postmaster' is part of the mail address of a mail sent to one of my mailing lists, the mail is never delivered. For example, if a mail from 'postmaster@somedomain.com' is sent to mailing list 'ml@mydomain.com', the mail is never delivered. The problem persists even if the from address is changed to 'postmaster42@somedomain.com'. If the from address is ch...

Filing mail, mailing lists, sub-directories
I'm trying to find a way to ease the following: From my .muttrc lists dundee@mailman.lug.org.uk subscribe dundee@mailman.lug.org.uk When a message comes in, I would like to be able to file it in: =Linux/dundee rather than the default when I press 's': =dundee I don't particularly want to go down the multiple mailboxes/procmail route. Is there any other way to do it? I wouldn't mind being able to the same thing with particular regular correspondents (not lists), though this is less pressing. For instance, for messages from jim@xxx.yyy.com, ra...

How can I capture a mailing list in mail.app?
The list is in the form of "First Name Last Name"<email address>, next, next, . . . I don't want to add them to my address book, which is an option. I want to capture them all into a text file. If I select, copy and paste, I only get the email address, not the name. I want the whole thing. I am not afraid to go into the mail file itself, if that is what it takes. -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac] rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office] In article <bob-2EA010.15593316052008@[199.45.49.11]>, Robert Peirce <bob@peirc...

Apple Mail: Rules, mailing lists, and From account
I'm using Apple Mail 2.0.5 in OS X 10.4.3. I subscribe to multiple mailing lists using a different account than my main email account (to reduce spam and allow me to check my mail faster on the road). I also use rules to move mail messages to folder On My Mac. Each rule is structured like this: If ANY To or From or CC Contains (the mailing list sender) Perform: Move message to mailbox XXX Stop evaluating rules. Unfortunately, whenever I hit "Reply" to one of these mailing list messages, Mail chooses the wrong account to reply from. It chooses the...

ADV: Atari E-Mail / Postal Mail List!
To Sign Up for Atari Mailing Lists by either E-Mail or Postal Mail! From either Bravo Sierra Computers Atari Resale or the Portland Atari Club for those local to Portland, Oregon USA! Goto my Link below: http://www.aracnet.com/~atari/maillist.htm Atari Mailing Lists. Please Direct all Replies Through E-Mail to: BenSells@Atari.org or Atari@aracnet.com. If you can't reach me, see my info at the Bottom! Atari Jaguar, 8 Bit and ST Games/Software, Hardware/Accessories & References/ Books. FREE Catalogs on Ben's Domain at http://BensCatalogs.Atari.org or at http://Ben...

Mail Star/Mail List [9]{1,15}
AES is USPS CASS certified for ZIP+4, Carrier Route, 5Digit, eLOT, PAVE and DPV throughout the USA and Puerto Rico. Mail STAR address verification software can be used to validate individual addresses or process huge address lists. Mail STAR address correction software also provides USPS CASS address verification service to your applications. AES provides the world's most comprehensive suite of mailstream software, hardware, services and solutions to help companies manage their flow of mail, documents and packages to improve communication. AES takes an all-inclusive view of its c...

Subscribing to mailing list
Hello All, I am having trouble subscribing to the ruby-talk mailing list (I am using google groups right now). At one point in time I was subscribed, but then I unsubscribed. When I recently tried to subscribe again I got no response from the mail controller. I have tried sending 'help' and 'status' commands, but no luck. I also tried mailing the administrator (twice), but no reply (my mail may have never gotten through?). Has any one had similiar problems? Help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. --Meador Meador Inge wrote: > Hello All, > > I am having ...

Web resources about - restrict mailing list senders to mailing list subscribers? - comp.mail.sendmail

Very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
These rates mean that VDSL is capable of supporting applications such as high-definition television , as well as telephone services ( voice over ...

Journalists See 320% Increase In Facebook Subscribers
... analysis studying journalists' use of the subscribe feature finds that the group have experienced a 320 percent average increase in subscribers ...

4 reasons to target email subscribers with Facebook ads
Only 20 percent of people open your emails, and 5 percent click. That’s 95 percent of your email subscribers who are not going to your landing ...

YouFamous - Get Likes, Views and Subscribers for YouTube videos and channels on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about YouFamous - Get Likes, Views and Subscribers for YouTube videos ...

Block YouTube Subscribers - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
www.seroundtable.com/archives/021347.html

1 Million Subscribers! Felicia Day talks about future of Geek & Sundry! - YouTube
Woohoo! Geek & Sundry has finally reached that magical number: 1 Million Subscribers! Join Felicia Day to celebrate and hear about some exciting ...

Time Warner's Operating Profit Falls as Turner Sheds Subscribers
Time Warner Inc. posted a decline in fourth-quarter operating profit as its Turner cable-network division lost subscribers, adding to investors' ...

Pocket’s latest update adds customization options for Premium subscribers
... one of the best read-it-later services available on iOS, has released an update that should bring a smile to the faces of Pocket Premium subscribers. ...

Slow start for HBO Now with just 800,000 subscribers
... from cord-cutters. But Richard Plepler, the CEO of HBO, told investors and journalists that HBO Now had only attracted about 800,000 subscribers ...

T-Mobile has the happiest wireless subscribers
Uh-oh: It looks like T-Mobile CEO John Legere has a new reason to boast about his "Un-carrier." J.D. Power's newest Wireless Customer Care Full-Service ...