root mail on sendmail 12

I am having trouble getting root mail to work in sendmail 12. The case
is a host called node13 inside a load balancer. It only needs to send
local mail from root for things like logwatch and other reports.

I have this in submit.cf

Cwlocalhost
DS
DnMAILER-DAEMON
D{MTAHost}[localhost]
DZ8.12.5/Submit
O DontProbeInterfaces=True

I have this in sendmail.cf

Cwlocalhost
DSmy.smarthost.us
DnMAILER-DAEMON
CPREDIRECT
DZ8.12.5
O DontProbeInterfaces=True

I get relaying denied when I try to send mail from root since it comes
from root@node13 address. Do I have to rebuild submit.mc with
masquerade for my domain in order to get root mail to work?

Thanks for any help.
CJ
0
trillium8 (6)

> I am having trouble getting root mail to work in sendmail 12. The case
> is a host called node13 inside a load balancer. It only needs to send
> local mail from root for things like logwatch and other reports.

My method 2, which also doesn't work:

If I have this in submit.cf

Cwlocalhost
DS
Djour.domain
#CL root
#CE root
DnMAILER-DAEMON
D{MTAHost}[localhost]
DZ8.12.5/Submit
O DontProbeInterfaces=True

(add domain, expose root)

Then the sender is root@our.domain and is accepted. But then the MTA
daemon gives relaying denied message. I thought the MTA daemon "knew"
to accept mail from localhost. Am I supposed to tell it to? How, by
adding an access control file? (not otherwise needed).

> I have this in sendmail.cf
>
> Cwlocalhost
> DSsmarthost.our.domain
> DnMAILER-DAEMON
> CPREDIRECT
> DZ8.12.5
> O DontProbeInterfaces=True

Thanks for any suggestions. CJ
0
trillium8 (6)
7/27/2003 12:21:02 AM
CJ wrote:

> I get relaying denied when I try to send mail from root since it comes
> from root@node13 address. Do I have to rebuild submit.mc with
> masquerade for my domain in order to get root mail to work?

No. The sender address doesn't matter (in general).
By default sendmail allows relaying from 127.0.0.1,
what did you change?

Post one or two related logfile entries that show the
problem.

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

too many sendmail 8.12.11 sendmail and mail.local processes
I noticed over 7000 sendmail and mail.local processes that eventually exhausted the system's swap space. The system is a Solaris 8 box running sendmail 8.12.11. Also, sendmail.cf has MaxDaemonChildren=500 set. The problem occurred after the system received over 60,000 large email due to a misbehaved application. 1. Why would there be more than 500 sendmail processes? I noticed the parent process for most of the sendmail processes is 1 and mail.local were spawned by sendmail, of course. I have the default MaxQueueChildren value which is unlimited. I noted over 7,000 of these messages in syslog during the time of the incident; Jun 12 09:02:04 peace sendmail-mta[22621]: j5CD04jr022619: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:03:03 peace sendmail-mta[23982]: j5CD13Ef023979: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:04:36 peace sendmail-mta[26086]: j5CD2aaO026076: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:05:38 peace sendmail-mta[27455]: j5CD3bKd027452: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:06:01 peace sendmail-mta[27939]: j5CD411x027931: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:06:16 peace sendmail-mta[28248]: j5CD4GmD028243: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 8 S root 8888 1 0 49 20 69174...

sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ???????, ???????
Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? What can I do to fix this? sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? OS Solaris 10 Sendmail 8.13.6 Thanks Jeff spellman.jeff@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? > What can I do to fix this? > sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: > SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? > > OS Solaris 10 > Sendmail 8.13.6 > > Thanks > Jeff > The sender didn't complete a particular phase of the smtp protocol. Possibly completed the helo xxxxx.xxx but not the mail from:, or neither. Basically it means they hung up on you. Telnet to your mailer and experiment with incomplete stanzas, begining with helo..., mail from:..., rcpt to:..., data... and drop the connection before completing each stanza. Bonus points for using log level 15 or greater. dp ...

mails sent by sendmail were treated as junk mail
Hi there, I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure it to work as my main mailserver which allow POP3 and SMTP connection from outside. My problem is that I cannot send out any mails which appears like sender: xxx@mydomain.com. If I send mail through terminal, my sent-out mail would looks like aaa@hostname.mydomain.com instead of aaa@mydomain.com. hostnam.mydomain.com is a qualified name of my linux box runing sendmail. Second, I configured a openwebmail on this linux box to allow users login from anywhere to manager their mails, and it works fine. However, all the out-going mails sent throug openwebmail are treated as junk mail by most mail server like hotmail and yahoo. It was complained as unknown sender(at this case, sender appears aaa@mydomain.com) Does anyone have any experience in such situation or have any ideas how to configure sendmail to solve my problems? My network setting is simply as router -> DMZ zone -> linux box which is runing sendmail. I have a domain, mydomain.com, which is parking at a domain hosting company where my zone file is actually located. I changed the MX record in the zone file so that it points to my static ip address(eg. 10.11.12.113). After some simple changes were done, I can receive any emails sent to my domain, like xxx@mydomain.com. Thanks for any ideas! In article <d57b272d.0405151235.19d0384b@posting.google.com> vbcache@hotmail.com (cerberus) writes: > >I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure ...

Root mail/sendmail issue
I recently moved my RHEL3 box to a new subnet and the results of a Cron were once being emailed to root and root was me@myemail.com. Now the cron is trying to email root@localhost.localdomain. What happened? This RH server sits in my DMZ and ONLY relays mail to my mail server which is also on the DMZ. It only scans mail and relays it to the real mail server. So how can I get the root mail to simply relay to my real mail server? Thanks G Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.usenet.com ...

Hi all, Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd like sendmail to just send out mails but when it receives mails, it should forward it to our pop server. should we use mailertable for this or some other method? thanks for any info ike lozada schrieb: > Hi all, > > Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) > Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd > like sendmail to just send out mails but when it receives mails, it > should forward it to our pop server. should we use mailertable for > this or some other method? yes, we do that too. Just enter your domain in the mailertable, but on the receiving side there must be a mta, too, of course. So both servers should be running, e.g. sendmail. the pop server has to allow relaying of the smtp server, too. Keep your receiving server in brackets in the mailertable entry to prevent dns lookups, like so yourdomain.com smtp:[internalserver.internaldomain.com] Tim Tim Aden <corrodan@netcologne.de> wrote in message news:<c08rl4$3ft$1@newsreader2.netcologne.de>... > ike lozada schrieb: > > > Hi all, > > > > Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) > > Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd > > like sendmail to just send out mails but when...

How to enable Mail Directory instead of Mail File in Sendmail/Procmail?
Hi, Again a newbie question. I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in seperate file). thanks Rohit. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com> writes: > Again a newbie question. > > I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to > know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each > mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in > seperate file). > > thanks You can easily change it in per user ~user/.procmailrc or global /etc/procmailrc http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section4.html#4.3 Q4.3 -- How can I get sendmail to deliver local mail to $HOME/.mail instead of into /usr/spool/mail (or /usr/mail)? -- [en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/ Netcraft Site Rank: 462490 Thanks for replying Andrzej. But, this does not answer my question. I want mails in my inbox to be deposited in the Mail Directory and not mail file. For Example, I want to specify each mail to the mailbox is stored as independent file. So, if I have 5 mails for me then there are 5 files in my mail directory. I am looking for either system wide or mailbox size setting. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com>...

Mail::Sendmail
perl doesn't like my return address. Does anyone know why? error message as follows-------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ perl mail_test.pl [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ Bad or missing From address: '' text of program follows---------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ vi mail_test.pl 1 #!/usr/bin/perl; 2 use Mail::Sendmail; 3 4 %mail = { To => "ccc31807\@yahoo.com", 5 From => "cartercc\@gmail.com", 6 Subject => 'Test of sendmail', 7 Message => "This is a test of sendmail"}; 8 9...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local alias which is redirected to /dev/null. This solution is also unmanageable in the long run. Therefore I turn to you for guidance and information on how to find a solution for the spam problem on my server. Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :) Thx, /Timo_S On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:03:08 +0300 Timo_S wrote: > I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running > Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient > but not manageable in the long run. > > The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but > it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for > information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the > ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the > /etc/mail/access file. What do these "bad scripts" do...

unable to forward mail from 1 sendmail server to another sendmail server
Hi, i have a setup like this: box A ---> box B ---> sends to the world. sendmail, solaris 9. what is happening is as follows: Application on box A generates mail (for the users, who can be from anywhere) forwards it to box B which sends it out. The box A is forwarding mail to box B, only for the users of the domain, ie if there is a user is having a gmail id the mail is NOT forwarded from box A ----> box B. If i do a nslookup on gmail on box A it resolves properly. XXXXXX Message 2: >From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Oct 26 12:14:26 2005 Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> To: <amit@www.domainname.com> MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure) This is a MIME-encapsulated message --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com The original message was received at Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) from localhost [127.0.0.1] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <amitka@gmail.com> (reason: 550 Host unknown) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 550 5.1.2 <amitka@gmail.com>... Host unknown (Name server: mailhost.domainame.com: host not found) --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com Content-Type: message/delivery-status Reporting-MTA: dns; www.domainname.com Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost Arrival-Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) Final-Recipient: RFC822; amitk...

sendmail.8.12.9 on redhat 7.2 from sendmail.8.12.9.tar.gz downloaded from sendmail.org
Hi All Sendmail Gurus, I am trying to install sendmail 8.12.9 on redhat 7.2 (Not from rpm from tar.gz file downloaded from sendmail.org) Problem is I am not able to install the same (I am a new for installing sendmail from source) Kindly tell me how to compile the same for redhat7.2 and make it working. If possible pl. mansion the detailed steps for the same. (I have removed sendmail rpm from Redhat 7.2) Is there a rpm of sendmail 8.12.9 for redhat 7.2 Thanks in Advance, Bablu bablu_002@yahoo.com <bablu_002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi All Sendmail Gurus, > I am trying to install sendmail 8.12.9 on redhat 7.2 (Not from rpm > from tar.gz file downloaded from sendmail.org) > Problem is I am not able to install the same (I am a new for > installing sendmail from source) > Kindly tell me how to compile the same for redhat7.2 and make it > working. > If possible pl. mansion the detailed steps for the same. > (I have removed sendmail rpm from Redhat 7.2) > Is there a rpm of sendmail 8.12.9 for redhat 7.2 > > Thanks in Advance, > Bablu Check the src.rpm from redhat rawhide. You need to slightly edit the spec file (change of version of target release) and build the rpms out of it. After that you have the needed sendmail 8.12.9 packages. Alexander -- Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999 PGP fingerprint: 2307 88FD 2D41 038E 7416 14CD E197 6E88 ED69 5653 ...

Sendmail 8.12 masquerade with mail hub
I am having a problem attempting to masquerade a domain while using a mail hub. I did not have a problem with this prior to upgrading to 8.12. The following config file works with 8.11.6, but does not work with 8.12.x. Is it still possible to masquerade the domain of the mail hub? I am using the standard submit.cf file and the following is what I am using to generate my cf file: divert(0)dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: host.mc,v 8.11 2001/02/21 07:26:03 craig Exp $') OSTYPE(solaris2)dnl DOMAIN(generic)dnl FEATURE(allmasquerade)dnl FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl FEATURE(virtusertable, `btree -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')dnl FEATURE(genericstable, `btree -o /etc/mail/genericstable')dnl FEATURE(mailertable, `btree -o /etc/mail/mailertable')dnl FEATURE(`access_db', `btree -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access')dnl FEATURE(`dnsbl', `rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org')dnl FEATURE(blacklist_recipients) define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `needmailhelo,novrfy,noexpn,noreceipts,noverb,authwarnings')dnl MASQUERADE_AS(domain.com)dnl define(`MAIL_HUB', `host.domain.com.')dnl define(`LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS', `fSmn9E')dnl define(`confTO_IDENT', `0')dnl define(`confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE', `50000000')dnl define(`confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG', `$j SMTP mailer.')dnl MAILER(local)dnl MAILER(smtp)dnl LOCAL_CONFIG CMhost.domain.com LOCAL_RULE_0 # force relay of $=Q subdomains R$* < @ $=Q . $M . > $* $#relay $@ [ MAIL_HUB ] $: $1 < @ $2 . $M > $3 Thanks...

Switch off the "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" mail from sendmail ?
Hello ! Now i have here a little freebsd 6.3 server. This server receive and send my lokal and worldwide emails. When this server receive a mail with unqualified local user sendmail automatic generate the mail that says "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender". Somewhere spam known now that this mail adress has a reciving server and can probe other names before @ ? My ideas now is the feature switched off and no generate this ugly mail ? The mail with unqualified username can delete now ? Can somwhere help me to find the right option in my *.mc sendmail configuration file ? Thanxs 4 ever !!! ....Jaro ------------------------------------------------------ #!/usr/bin/perl foreach $c (split(/ /,"4a 61 72 6f 6d 96 72 20 50 72 69 6e 7a 6c 65 72")) { print pack("C", hex($c)); } Hello, Take a look on PrivacyOptions=noactualrecipient ...

Mail stuck in clientmqueue
Hi, Perhaps someone can help me, I am having trouble with mail not leaving the clientmqueue directory. Any messages sent stay in the clientmqueue directory, when is run "sendmail -Ac -v -q" I get the output below. I don't understand what file or directory sendmail is looking for. I'm afriad I am not very experienced with sendmail, and as such am probably not explaining my problem very well. Woudl any other information/logs be helpful for debugging this? Many thanks, David. Running /var/spool/clientmqueue/i679khb8080751 (sequence 1 of 5) root... Connecting to localhost.. via relay... 220 xxx.xxx.xxx ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.11/8.12.11; Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:47:55 GMT >>> EHLO xxx.xxx.xxx 250-xxx.xxx.xxx Hello localhost [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> MAIL From:<> SIZE=1974 250 2.1.0 <>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<root@xxx.xxx.xxx> >>> DATA 250 2.1.5 <root@xxx.xxx.xxx>... Recipient ok 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . 421 4.3.0 collect: Cannot write ./dfi679ltqe081182 (bfcommit, uid=0, gid=25): No such file or directory >>> QUIT root... Deferred: 421 4.3.0 collect: Cannot write ./dfi679ltqe081182 (bfcommit, uid=0, gid=25): No such file or directory David FitzGerald wrote: > root... Connecting to localhost.. via relay... > 220 xxx.xxx.xxx ESMTP Send...

Sendmail -8.12 slow as mail relay server
I have configured sendmail 8.12.8-9.90 on RedHat 9 as mail relay server of Microsoft Exchange 5.5 server. sendmail.mc two changed as below define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `goaway')dnl dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl Added Exchange Server IP address on /etc/mail/access localhost.localdomain RELAY localhost RELAY 127.0.0.1 RELAY Exchange server IP RELAY relay-domains domain.de ..domain.de mailertable domain.de smtp: [Exchange Server IP ] After 2hours later Exchange Server's mail queue has 200 messages still waiting to send sendmail relay server. Anybody please give me advice. And how much maximam sessions default sendmail setting ? Or is ther any way to increase sending speed on Sendmail 8.12 on RedHat 9 ? Thank you Isao In article <bpe0ok$dar$1@news-in.kamp.net>, Isao <kato@gonzui.ath.cx> wrote: > > >I have configured sendmail 8.12.8-9.90 on RedHat 9 as mail relay server of >Microsoft Exchange 5.5 server. >sendmail.mc > >two changed as below [...] >After 2hours later Exchange Server's mail queue has 200 messages still >waiting to send sendmail relay server. How many got through? >Anybody please give me advice. Well, I don't see anything specific to your configuration that would cause the slow-down. Does the Exchange server make SMTP connections at all to the sendmail server? Does the ema...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

Sendmail 8.14.3 not sendmail hugely attached e-mail files in a timely manner
What could be the problem. They seem stuck and I have to run sendmail -v -q manually just to get them to propogate. Any reason why? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising! Never Satan President Republic! If you cannot lead a family how can you pastor a church? The Doctor unleashed the infinite monkeys on 21/05/2009 00:07 producing: > What could be the problem. > > They seem stuck and I have to run sendmail -v -q manually just > to get them to propogate. > > Any reason why? With so little information, it's impossible to help you. How do you define "huge"? How long do you wait? What's in your mail logs? -- Rob MacGregor (BOFH) Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" ...

mail::sendmail (SOMETIMES) get "bad file descriptor" error when mail not local
I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using CPAN I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server and I get my personel email at that address. The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for example, "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file descriptor" I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) I noticed that there is a soft link to qmail on the remote server, but it was my understanding that mail::Sendmail is independant of other mail programs. Is there some configuration file I can change to solve this problem? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Dave Dave Roberts wrote: > I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using > CPAN > > I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server > and I get my personel email at that address. > > The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the > recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for > example, > > "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file > descriptor" > > > I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I > configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) > > I not...

Sendmail 8.12.10 is relaying with mail address like *!* or *%*
Hi, I have sendmail 8.12.10 installed and mail address formated like *!* or *%* or *;* seems to be accepted. For example : if the RCPT of the mail envelope is real_address@true.domain!spam_recipient@any.domain , a mail is sent at spam_recipient@any.domain. How can I stop that ? Thanks, Seb Crespel Sebastien wrote: > I have sendmail 8.12.10 installed and mail address formated like *!* or *%* > or *;* seems to be accepted. > For example : > if the RCPT of the mail envelope is > real_address@true.domain!spam_recipient@any.domain , a mail is sent at > spam_recipient@any.domain. sendmail doesn't do this by default. > How can I stop that ? Make sure you don't use linuxconf to break your cf file... (or you have a broken "firewall" in front of sendmail). Please post two logfile entries (from=/to=) of a relayed mail that show the problem. If you don't want to post real data here, contact sendmail.org. Include your .mc (not .cf) file and the output of echo '$=R' | sendmail -bt -d0.10 -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? ...

"Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service" misleading the Sendmail by BODY=7BIT in "mail from"
Hello. I ran into a situation where the Sendmail deceived by the Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service. MS ESMTP Service send to Sendmail MAIL FROM:<system@gosuslugi.ru> SIZE=12345 AUTH=<> BODY=7BIT but message is not 7BIT. It contain MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--2f2da5fd4e757bb09dce3cc4fd3fda88" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit in header, but ----59b9b79d39a2fcdcd7600d2d20592b5a Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit in some parts and real text in utf8. Sendmail loses one bit. :-( A second big problem - a huge E-Mail providers such as GMail or Mail.ru ignore the "BODY=7BIT" and messages accepted propertly. I find it difficult to prove that the problem should be resolved by the message sender or the postmaster of "Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service". Any idea ? -- Regards, Sergey. On 02/18/11 07:42, Sergey wrote: > I ran into a situation where the Sendmail deceived by the Microsoft > ESMTP MAIL Service. MS ESMTP Service send to Sendmail I think that's better worded as Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service is lying about being 7-bit. > MAIL FROM:<system@gosuslugi.ru> SIZE=12345 AUTH=<> BODY=7BIT > > but message is not 7BIT. It contain > > MIME-Version: 1.0 > Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--2f2da5fd4e757bb09dce3cc4fd3fda88" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > ...

help with sendmail
Help.... For some reason root cannot sent an email outside the network.. my access is as follow: localhost.localdomain RELAY 127.0.0.1 RELAY localhost RELAY badhotsiteson@yahoo.com REJECT relay1@mydomain.com RELAY 1.1.2.3 RELAY myseconddomain.com ERROR:550 unknown user user2@mydomain.com RELAY Any idea? Prince wrote: > For some reason root cannot sent an email outside the network.. ..... > Any idea? Any error? -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? Prince wrote: > For some reason root cannot sent an email outside the network.. Just for testing (!), temporarily (re-!) remove root from EXPOSED_USERs. If that fixes the problem, you have a hostname issue. Regards, J. Bern ...

sendmail-8.12.10 vs. sendmail-8.12.8
Hi, What is the fundamental difference between sendmail-8.12.10 and sendmail-8.12.8? Right after I upgrade my RH9 (sendmail-8.12.8) to Fedora C1 (sendmail-8.12.10), my Mozilla can't send email any more. It will pop up an input box for me to authorize the smtp connection from my user account to localhost. This extra step was never necessary before. More over, even I input my right password, Mozilla will still fail the authorization. What is the right way to configure it so that this extra authorization step is not necessary? I searched on google before raising this question, and it seems that it is still an unsolved problem: http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=m2y8tjvp3g.fsf%40consult.pretender&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fnum%3D50%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26scoring%3Dr%26as_drrb%3Dq%26q%3Dmozilla%2Bfedora%2Bsmtp%2B%2Bgroup%253A*linux*%26btnG%3DSearch ,----- | > > Didi you ever get this working? I have spent many hours trying to | > > accomplish this exact thing, but with no solution yet... | > | > No luck so far... I am surprised that I never heard any responses back | > since I would have thought that either more people are effected or I | > am missing something very trivial. | | I had the basically the same problem after "upgrading" to | sendmail-8.12.10-1.1.1 on fedora, with the same error while attempting | to sendmail through mozilla, though my "usual" mail worked fine. I | m...

Web resources about - root mail on sendmail 12 - comp.mail.sendmail

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...