Same user name - different user - different domain. How?

Da:Dave Comcast (dgattis@comcast.net)
Oggetto:Same user name - different user - different domain

Newsgroups:comp.mail.sendmail
Data:2002-12-17 14:54:30 PST

Same user name - different user - different domain.  How is this done?

Example:

user "A" is jblow@domain1.com

user "B" is jblow@domain2.com

They have the same user names but use different domains.

Whats the best way to handle this?  Currently, an alias is all inclusive to
any domain I handle.  If I create an alias that jb = jblow, it covers all
domains.  How do you separate them?  Help!

Thanks,

Dave
http://riderparts.com
Find Motorcycle Parts Fast!

-------- ANSWER

IE You have domains d1.com and d2.com, and you have the following virtusertable:

joe@d2.com     max

1. If you mail to joe@d2.com, max can read the mail.
2. If you mail to joe@d1.com:
 2a) If a "joe" user exists on your system then mail is delivered to him (he can read it using his account)
 2b) If a "joe" user doesnt exist on your system then mail will be rejected by the server.

Note that in virtusertable the username must be different from the user part of the mail address (joe<>max).
If you set them equal (ie   joe@d2.com    joe) then joe will receive mail sent to joe@anydomain.com (in this example joe@d1.com and joe@d2.com).

Hope its clear!

tfi

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

In article <Q9BNCUCX37915.2597685185@anonymous> Anonymous
<BigappleRemailer@Optonline.Net> writes:

[ snip ]

Thanks, we really appreciate your doubly anonymous posting of an
incorrect response to a FAQ that was properly answered when it was
posted almost a year ago.

--Per Hedeland
per@hedeland.org
0
per71 (2635)

How to tell if domain\user is a local user or domain user?
Hello, there, I got a user name from LookupAccountSid in format of Domain\User. But the domain part could also be a computer name (i.e., a local user instead of domain user). Is there a way to tell if this user is a domain user? Thanks! ...

domain user=user unknown & mails to local user go outbound: I need help ...
Hi Everybody, I have set up a sendmail mail server at home for my small network and I need help for a configuration that is too tricky for me ... Background: I have my own internet domain (@ the german 1&1 webhoster) and use fetchmail to poll that internet server and drop the mails into the boxes on the server at home. I also poll the mails from another server because one of the home user has his own e-mail address @ another domain (vr-web). Problem #1 One of the users has moved to another town so I don't poll the mails anymore and commented out the user entries in the sendmail config files (virtusertable and genericstable) because she's doing it herself via modem from her new location. So far so good, but if I try to send her a mail from home I get an error message (user unknown). I wanted the mails to this domain to be handled locally so I used the genericsdomain and the relay-domains files (but may be not correctly ...). How can I solve this? Problem #2 If I send a mail to the user with the address @ another domain it goes outbound. I would like it to be handled locally but if I set up the domain as a local one every other mail to other addresses @ that domain results in an "user uknown" error message (and that is logical: they are not there). That domain is not my own, it is a provider ... How can I solve this? Here are the config files ... /etc/mail/genericsdomain: my_domain.name the_other_domain.name 1stworkstation.internal.net 1stworkstati...

Sendmail and user accounts containing the domain --> "user@domain.com"
I have create user accounts under Linux as user@domain.com, which creates their home directories just fine. I can retrieve mail for these accounts just fine but Sendmail is refusing to find these accounts. It seems to shop off the domain name by default and only looks for accounts using the "user" part of the address. How do I configure Sendmail to deliver mail to users named "user@domain.com" instead of just "user"? <fuogoitaliano@gmail.com> wrote in message news:73dab499-2180-400a-9d44-3b6109f0ec07@a23g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > I have create user accounts under Linux as user@domain.com, which > creates their home directories just fine. I can retrieve mail for > these accounts just fine but Sendmail is refusing to find these > accounts. It seems to shop off the domain name by default and only > looks for accounts using the "user" part of the address. > > How do I configure Sendmail to deliver mail to users named > "user@domain.com" instead of just "user"? feature virtusers @example.com %1 On Apr 12, 9:10=A0pm, "D. Stussy" <s...@bde-arc.ampr.org> wrote: > <fuogoitali...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:73dab499-2180-400a-9d44-3b6109f0ec07@a23g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > > > I have create user accounts under Linux as u...@domain.com, which > > creates their home directories just fine. I can retrieve mail for > > these...

Linux to Solaris sendmail, regarding local/user names, no domain name
Greetings! I have a Linux system, on which I do all my development and use most often. I was given a Sun Ultra 30. It has a small disk drive, but all I'm planning on using it for, first, is just my connection to the internet. It has two NICs. I have the sendmail on the Sun/Solaris 8 configured, and working perfectly, so far as I can tell. I have the sendmail on the Linux configured, much more simply than when it was also my connection to the internet. All mail, both ways, seems to be working (local to local, local to same domain name, local to another domain name, etc.). ...

same users, but multiple host/domain naming, should go to same user.
Does anyone have any idea how i can do the following : user xyz belonging to domain abc.com myhost is the host on which users are configured. xyz@abc.com xyz@myhost.abc.com xyz@myhost xyz well these all actually should go to eventually one user ie. xyz any suggestions DukeNM wrote: > well these all actually should go to eventually one user ie. xyz Case by case: > xyz@abc.com Will be delivered to mailbox of user xyz on myhost (which presumably runs sendmail, since you post in c.m.sendmail) if: -- sendmail is told to handle emails to ...@abc.com (e.g., using /etc/mail/sendmail.cw ) -- remote hosts are told that emails to ...@abc.com should be sent to myhost (for remote hosts not under your control, that boils down to an MX record being entered into the DNS) > xyz@myhost.abc.com Should work out of the box (assumed that myhost is properly entered into the DNS). > xyz@myhost Will not work on remote machines in general. Should work locally if /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf (search statement) are in order. > xyz Will not work on remote machines in general. Should work out of the box on myhost itself. Other local machines will need specific setup to make it work. Regards, J. Bern also I would like to know how does the whole thing work for non existing users ? say a user did not exist, then what would happen (it usually should bounce back to the sender right ?) and how does this work ? or what is the configuration that need...

How to restrict some users to send/receive mail to/from users in the local domain?
Hi~ My site runs a Linux Sendmail server which takes care of both internal and external mails. All users use Outlook or Outlook Express to send and receive mail from the Sendmail server - mail.mysite.com. I wonder how I can configurating Sendmail to restrict some users to be able to send/receive mail to/from users in the local domain (mysite.com) only, ie. they are not allow to send/receive mail to/from domains other than mysite.com. Thanks in advance. Steven "Tim Daneliuk" <tundra@tundraware.com> wrote in message news:fo7lu2-ng21.ln1@eskimo.tundraware.com... > steven wrote: >> Hi~ >> >> My site runs a Linux Sendmail server which takes care of both internal >> and external mails. All users use Outlook or Outlook Express to send and >> receive mail from the Sendmail server - mail.mysite.com. >> >> I wonder how I can configurating Sendmail to restrict some users to be >> able to send/receive mail to/from users in the local domain (mysite.com) >> only, ie. they are not allow to send/receive mail to/from domains other >> than mysite.com. >> >> Thanks in advance. >> >> Steven > > This may help ... > > http://www.computing.net/linux/wwwboard/forum/27695.html > Thank you Tim. I checked the material you refered. However, I do not understand how the virtualtable setup would help in the scenerio I described (especially in the case that these re...

REJECTING SPOOFED EMAILS: From: user@my.domain To: user@my.domain
Hello All, Which ruleset can i use in sendmail.cf to reject any email that has both FROM: and TO: parts the same? Spammers spoof our email addresses to send SPAM to us. I like to block these all since they are with 100% accuracy SPAM. Thank you! M In article <a4f1e9f6-c610-4738-b28a-90fce0e7cfc5@j9g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>, Abdullah Habib <countingcrows9000@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello All, > >Which ruleset can i use in sendmail.cf to reject any email that has >both FROM: and TO: parts the same? > >Spammers spoof our email addresses to send SPAM to us. I like to block >these all since they are with 100% accuracy SPAM. > >Thank you! > >M First, you have to decide _which_ 'from'/'to' you want to act on. There is the 'envelope from' address -- on the SMTP 'mail from' command, And the _actual_ recipient address -- on the SMTP 'rcpt to' command, Then there are the 'inside address' "From: " and "To: " 'headers' that are part of the SMTP 'data' block. Regardless, there are three steps to the matter -- where those steps get implemented depends on which of the above addresses you want to compare. First, you have to insert an action that saves the desired 'from' address to a variable. Second, you have to insert an action that saves the desired 'to' address to a variable. Third, at a point where it is guaranteed that both addresses h...

rewrite url from domain.com/users/*/ to domain.com/user/
Does anyone know how can use mod_rewrite to rewrite the url from domain.com/users/*/ to domain.com/user/ I have tried: RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)users/(.*)$ $1$2 [L] but doesn't work, is there any special place to put into the httpd.conf or just place anywhere in httpd.conf? ...

Sendmail sending user@domain.com to my local machine instead of my mail server.
Hi All I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. It works when I send out mails to username@gmail.com or username@yahoo.com, etc. But when I send out mails to username@abc.com, the mails get sent to itself, i.e. machine A1. And the maillog shows that the Local mailer was called to send the mail instead of the ESMTP mailer. I have other Freebsd machines, and have no problem sending mails to username@abc.com. I've tried everything, including copying all the files in /etc/mail from my other working Freebsd machines to machine A1, and do a make, make install, make restart. But machine A1 still calls the local mailer to deliver mails addressed to @abc.com. Machine A1 is acting as if it is the mail server for the domain. I don't have local-domains, local-host-names, files, etc. I just use the original sendmail.com.mc file. Can anybody help? Thank you very much in anticipation. Gui cmgui2@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All > > I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. > I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails > occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server > for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. > > It...

mail user aliasing from existing user
Hopefully an easy question for you all: I would like e-mail sent to a specific user to be actually delivered, even though that user's id exists on another mail domain on the server: jen@domain1.com already exists and is happy jennifer@domain2.com already exists and is happy ....now, if someone sends an e-mail message to jennifer@domain1, then the jennifer@domain2 actually receives the message (since "jennifer" is a user name). I am guessing I need to set up some sort of alias here... So, in other words, if I set up an alias for jen@domain1.com of "jennifer", how can I tell sendmail to check the domainname first, instead of the username to determine the final delivery-place? ....if it makes any difference, this is on a Cobalt Qube, running linux/sendmail. thanks! N "Nick Kloski" <nick@fallofrain.com> wrote in message news:62eff336.0405112113.69525046@posting.google.com... > Hopefully an easy question for you all: > > I would like e-mail sent to a specific user to be actually delivered, > even though that user's id exists on another mail domain on the > server: > > jen@domain1.com already exists and is happy > > jennifer@domain2.com already exists and is happy > > ...now, if someone sends an e-mail message to jennifer@domain1, then > the jennifer@domain2 actually receives the message (since "jennifer" > is a user name). I am guessing I need to set up some sort of a...

sendmail virtusertable, user unknown, no such user here
my virtusertable file I have the following entries firstName1.LastName@myDomain.com userName1 firstName2.LastName@myDomain.com userName2 signup.x10@myDomain.com error:nouser 550 No such user here signup.+*@myDomain.com userName1 @myDomain.com error:nouser 550 No such user here I have two users; userName1 and userName2 where each of them get their email when someone uses their real full names. This works as expected. When doing online shopping, one usually needs to sign up by entering an email address. Since, I usually do not trust the site's "privacy policy" I want to have a generic address I can use, but at the same time be able to reject certain email address without ffecting others. In the example above, emails sent to signup.x10@myDomain.com should be rejected, but an email to signup.amazon@myDomain.com should go to userName1 All other email address should be rejected. The problem I having is that emails to signup.amazon@myDomain.com are not going through. Am I doing something wrong? And if so, can any of you help. BTW, do i need to have the following two entries as well? userName1@myDomain.com userName1 userName2@myDomain.com userName2 Additional information, since email address appeared to be corrupt. I repalced @ with AT firstName1.LastNameATmyDomain.com userName1 firstName2.LastNameATmyDomain.com userName2 signup.x10ATmyDomain.com error:nouser 550 No such user here signup.+*ATmyDomain.com userName1 A...

user names are not matching to users in database
I am using Java and building a user login table. When the data comes from a input stream from the console oracle matches the user and data. When the data comes from a servlet the data, even hardcoded does not match the database. Why? Is it the database or Java? Naccessible wrote: > I am using Java and building a user login table. When the data comes > from a input stream from the console oracle matches the user and data. > When the data comes from a servlet the data, even hardcoded does not > match the database. Why? Is it the database or Java? Huh? Can you post a snippet of your code and describe the issue in a little bit more detail (preferably in form of a test script and its desired and actual output/behavior?) As posted, the question gives out too little information to be answered... Regards, Vladimir M. Zakharychev N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm) http://www.dynamicpsp.com Vladimir M. Zakharychev wrote: > Naccessible wrote: > > I am using Java and building a user login table. When the data comes > > from a input stream from the console oracle matches the user and data. > > When the data comes from a servlet the data, even hardcoded does not > > match the database. Why? Is it the database or Java? > > Huh? Can you post a snippet of your code and describe the issue in a > little bit more detail (preferably in form of a test script and its > desired and actual output/behavior?) As posted, the questi...

host multiple domains with same user names across domains
What I would like to know is how to have user@domain1.com user@another.com I understand alias and virtual user I know I can do have a virtual user table user@domain1.com localuser user@another.com fred@hostedaccount.com but what I am trying to do is have each "user" login with the user name and still get their email. I thought one could create a account user@domain1.com and have a virtual user table user@domain1.com user@domain1.com@domain1.com user@another.com user@another.com@another.com but this won't work. Plus having a user enter their user name as user@domain1.com is a pain. I know this can be done just wondering how. Any help or pointers to howtos would be apreciated I am looking for the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks-Rob "Harold" <me@nospam.com> wrote in message news:hZudnVOba5TjQiWiRVn-tg@comcast.com... > What I would like to know is how to have > user@domain1.com > user@another.com > I understand alias and virtual user I know I can do have a virtual user > table > > user@domain1.com localuser > user@another.com fred@hostedaccount.com > > but what I am trying to do is have each "user" login with the user name and > still get their email. > > > I thought one could create a account user@domain1.com > > and have a virtual user table > user@domain1.com user@domain1.com@domain1.com > user@another.com ...

Getting message 550 5.1.1 <name@domain.com>... User unknown with Sendmail 8.14.3
Hello everybody, I'm getting the following message when I try to send mail to any new users on my system while using Outlook or another mail program authenticating to my server or from a yahoo or gmail account to the new user. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'name@domain.com' on 6/5/2008 10:13 PM 550 5.1.1 <name@domain.com>... User unknown All of my old users are working fine. I'm also not getting any log message in my log file with the exception of Jun 5 22:04:45 www sm- msp-queue[4079]: starting daemon (8.14.3): queueing@00:25:00 and other information about STARTTLS. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advanced. On Jun 5, 11:00 pm, BDel <deleo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello everybody, > > I'm getting the following message when I try to send mail to any new > users on my system while using Outlook or another mail program > authenticating to my server or from a yahoo or gmail account to the > new user. > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'n...@domain.com' on 6/5/2008 10:13 PM > 550 5.1.1 <n...@domain.com>... User unknown > > All of my old users are working fine. I'm also not getting any log > message in my log file with the exception of Jun 5 22:04:45 www sm- > msp-queue[4079]: starting daemon (8.14.3): queueing@00:25:00 and other > information about STARTTLS. > > Any help will be appre...

Restricting local users from sending external mail but allow sending mail to internal LAN users.
Hi, This problem is asked earlier on this list. I am trying to follow as per replies. I am using Redhat Linux 9.0 server with sendmail. I have entered follwoing in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file as directed : ######## LOCAL_CONFIG F{Internal}/etc/mail/intern.only LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_rcpt # get sender address and canonify it R$* $: $1 $| $>3 $&f R$* $| <> $@ OK <> is always ok R$* $| $={Internal} <@$=w.> $: $1 luser@local.host? R$* $| $={Internal} $: $1 luser? R$* $| $* $@ OK someone else R$* $: $>3 $1 check recipient R$+<@$=w.> $@ OK local? ok R$+<@$+> $#error $@ 5.1.8 $: "551 sorry luser your boss does not like you" ######## I have created file '/etc/mail/intern.only' with username as follows : ####### adsnat ########## my '/etc/mail/access' file is as follows : ######### Check the /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf file for a description # of the format of this file. (search for access_db in that file) # The /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf is part of the sendmail-doc # package. # # by default we allow relaying from localhost... localhost.localdomain RELAY localhost RELAY 127.0.0.1 RELAY adsnat RELAY ######### then gave commands as follows : m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf cp /etc/mail/sendmail.cf /etc/sendmail.cf Overwrite /etc/sendmail.cf? y and tried to send mail to outside...

user.roles -- How do you list the role names of the user?
Hello, I want to list out the role names that belong to a user. I have user.roles as the table, so I'm interested in the "name" column on that roles table. If I want to separate the names using a comma [ e.g. using join(", ") ], how would I do it? For instance: <% for role in user.roles %><% role.name %><% end %> displays all of the roles of the user, but without the comma. There must be a better way to do it (a less tedious way), and also separate them with commas? Any idea? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Bob Sanders wrote: > Hel...

Is it possible to use the Windows 2003 user names instead of pre-Windows 2000 user names in Windows Authentication?
Hello, I am trying to get username information by using User.Identity.Name.ToString, if i logged in with username to given network place, it is ok! It returns SERVERNAME/username. Otherwise if I logged in with "name.surname@SERVERNAME.com" it again returns SERVERNAME/username although i want it to return "name.surname". I changed the IIS server settings, checked digest authentication and tried the other things, too. But makes no difference. It is said to originated from Kerberos Authentication... If anyone can help me I will be appreciated. Thanks for now, MK IIS must be making the translation internally from the UPN to the sAMAccountName. It's not hard to get the UPN given the WindowsIdentity object that you have at hand, and relying on the UPN for the user's true name is bad programming practice IMHO. My recommendation is to search AD for that user's object in the directory and retrieve the first and last name properties or whatever else you need in your code. -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP - Directory Services www.briandesmond.com "MaURiCe" <mkastro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157462878.505088.151490@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I am trying to get username information by using > User.Identity.Name.ToString, if i logged in with username to given > network place, it is ok! It returns SERVERNAME/username. > Otherwise if I logged in with "name.surname@SERVERNAME.c...

2 domains on 1 VPS, Routing mail for a single user to an external mail server
Lets say I have two domains that reside on a single Virtual Private Server, domain1.com and domain2.com. The mx record for domain1 points to the local server and the mx for domain2 points to an external server. If I have a single mail account (out of 20) on the domain1 server that I want forwarded to the domain2 server, can I do it with virtmaps (without affecting the other 19 being delivered to the local server)? i.e. josh@domain1.com --> josh@domain2.com I currently have this setup, but the mail is not getting routed through the external server, it is getting delivered straight to the local server. (I understand this is a very simple problem if domain2 does not reside on the same VPS as domain1, however in my case it does) Any ideas? thanks, josh Make sure your /etc/mail/local-host-names does not include domain2 for acceptance. Also make sure you makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable the virtual user table. Can you submit logs of a test message sent to user@domain2.com? My bad for not giving you all the information. The mail that is addressed to domain2 is being delivered to an external spam server (filter) and then after being filtered there it is being delivered back to the same server that domain1 is on. So the actual path the mail would take (if all worked well) would be: mx pointing to domain1 --> virtmap redirecting to domain2 with external mx -->domain2 external server redelivers mail to domain1 server If I delete domain2 from the l...

Enter default User Name & Initials for all users
Our users run a Microsoft Access application, on a Terminal Server. When users connect to the Terminal Server for the first time, MS Office XP requires them to enter their User Name & Initials. Is there a way to eliminate this requirement or use a default (which could be setup for the entire system)? The users are running separate MDE files and this User Name & Initials box is annoying to some (although it only appears the first time one logs in). Thanks in advance. Simple wrote: > Our users run a Microsoft Access application, on a Terminal Server. > When users connect to the Terminal Server for the first time, MS > Office XP requires them to enter their User Name & Initials. Is there > a way to eliminate this requirement or use a default (which could be > setup for the entire system)? > > The users are running separate MDE files and this User Name & Initials > box is annoying to some (although it only appears the first time one > logs in). > > Thanks in advance. See if http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm helps. I suppose you could modify the code in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0040.htm easily enough. We'll assume you don't have user security running. ...

mail names without users
Hi. I have a qmail setup which I would like to convert to sendmail, but qmail has something which I have never seen in sendmail -- they have a directory called /var/qmail/names and under that is a number of user directories which do not correspond to any systemusers where people receive their mail in that maildir format. Is there any way I can either keep the current structure or put the files in /var/spool/mail, but not have to define users for each of those people? Any assistance would be appreciated. -- Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is: How do you spend it? John Covici covici@ccs.covici.com John Covici wrote: > Hi. I have a qmail setup which I would like to convert to sendmail, > but qmail has something which I have never seen in sendmail -- they > have a directory called /var/qmail/names and under that is a number of > user directories which do not correspond to any systemusers where > people receive their mail in that maildir format. > > Is there any way I can either keep the current structure or put the > files in /var/spool/mail, but not have to define users for each of > those people? > > Any assistance would be appreciated. You could use procmail mailer for the task and one new table (e.g. procmailtable) The table would map user@domain into procmail_script and mailbox_name. It would require a few custom lines in sendmail.mc (<10 lines) and a few small proc...

differentiating non-existing users from misspelled user names.
Is there in anyway I can differentiate mails 1) comming for my domain but having mis-spelled names, and hence these mails should get redirected to a catchall account. eg. the user is patrick@xyz.com but by mistake it gets typed ast ppatrick@xyz.com 2) comming for my domain but having non-existing users, and hence these mails should get bounced back or rejected. eg. the user john@xyz.com does not exist. DukeNM wrote: > Is there in anyway I can differentiate mails > > 1) comming for my domain but having mis-spelled names, and hence these > mails should get redirected to a catchall account. > eg. the user is patrick@xyz.com but by mistake it gets typed ast > ppatrick@xyz.com > > 2) comming for my domain but having non-existing users, and hence > these mails should get bounced back or rejected. > eg. the user john@xyz.com does not exist. What's the difference between a typo and a non-existing user? How does a program tell? And it 'Coming for my domain'. I can parse it. sendmail won't. DukeNM wrote: > Is there in anyway I can differentiate mails > 1) comming for my domain but having mis-spelled names, and hence these > mails should get redirected to a catchall account. > eg. the user is patrick@xyz.com but by mistake it gets typed ast > ppatrick@xyz.com > 2) comming for my domain but having non-existing users, and hence > these mails should get bounced back or rejected. > eg. the user john@xyz.com ...

Domain Name of curent user
Does someone have a reliable routine to get the domain name of the current user of a web page? Something like NSLookup. I have no problem getting their IP address, but I also want the domaine name. Thanks, -Michael Michael wrote: > Does someone have a reliable routine to get the domain name of the current > user of a web page? Something like NSLookup. I have no problem getting > their IP address, but I also want the domaine name. > Thanks, > -Michael > > how about: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.gethostbyaddr.php Carl. "Carl" <_Nospam_@_DO_NOT_.USE> wrote in message news:7d7jf.20683$BZ5.9444@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > Michael wrote: >> Does someone have a reliable routine to get the domain name of the >> current user of a web page? Something like NSLookup. I have no problem >> getting their IP address, but I also want the domaine name. >> Thanks, >> -Michael > > how about: > http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.gethostbyaddr.php > > Carl. It may be just me, but that is the first think I tried and it gave me an IP address not a domain name. Maybe it's the... "or a string containing the unmodified ip_address on failure"... that is getting me. -Michael On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:38:05 +0000, Michael wrote: > "Carl" <_Nospam_@_DO_NOT_.USE> wrote in message > news:7d7jf.20683$BZ5.9444@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... >>...

Limiting user to domain mail only
Good morning (or evening, as the case may be) all. One department in our company wants to limit inbound and outbound mail for a couple of its employees to our domain only (e.g. internal mail only). I've been told I should do that at the MTA level. Would anyone be so kind as to tell me how to do this? Many thanks. Diggy On 01/31/08 06:45, Diggy wrote: > One department in our company wants to limit inbound and outbound mail > for a couple of its employees to our domain only (e.g. internal mail > only). I've been told I should do that at the MTA level. Would > anyone be so kind as to tell me how to do this? Search the archives for "Protected Recipients". Basically this defines a group of users that can or can not (you decide) receive from and / or send to people out side of your domain(s). I think this will do what you are wanting to do. Grant. . . . On Jan 31, 10:58 am, Grant Taylor <gtay...@riverviewtech.net> wrote: > On 01/31/08 06:45, Diggy wrote: > > > One department in our company wants to limit inbound and outbound mail > > for a couple of its employees to our domain only (e.g. internal mail > > only). I've been told I should do that at the MTA level. Would > > anyone be so kind as to tell me how to do this? > > Search the archives for "Protected Recipients". Basically this defines > a group of users that can or can not (you decide) receive from and / or > sen...

how to restrict addresses to my local users only...I want to restrict some addresses in our domain to users within this domain. How can I do that using the access? e.g. To:list@mydomain OK if
how to restrict addresses to my local users only... Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I want to restrict some addresses in our domain to users within this domain. How can I do that using the access? e.g. To:list@mydomain OK if sender is in mydomain To:list@mydomain REJECT if sender is outside mydomain thank you for your hints... -- ____________________________________________________________________ Gerard S. Mohler EAWAG, Switzerland http://www.eawag.ch/ Gerard S. Mohler wrote: > I want to restrict some addresses in our domain to users within this > domain. How can I do that using the access? See http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/protected.html -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? ...

Need to modify user object names displayed Users and Computers.
Hi there Can anyone tell me the objUser.propertyName to modify the object name that is displayed in the Name column of Active Directory Users and Computers interface? I know that it's not cn, displayName or adminDisplayName. TIA D ...

Web resources about - Same user name - different user - different domain. How? - comp.mail.sendmail

France suspect convicted in 2015 with Paris attack leader Abaaoud
A man arrested near Paris suspected of plotting an attack on France was convicted in Belgium in July along with Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the ringleader ...

Apple issues new iOS 9.3 build for older iPhones and iPads
Apple has released a fix for the iOS 9.3 bug that prevented some people with older iPhones and iPads from installing the update correctly. See, ...

Garry Shandling Dies at 66; Fellow Comedians Laud His Genius
New York Times Garry Shandling Dies at 66; Fellow Comedians Laud His Genius ABC News While Garry Shandling's fellow comedians fought to host ...

Ben Affleck Plays Superhero ‘Pup Quiz’ With Jimmy Fallon
As Ben Affleck gets ready for a box office battle this weekend with the opening of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” the actor took time ...

Microsoft Shuts AI Bot Tay after Twitteratti Teaches it Racism
I4U News Microsoft Shuts AI Bot Tay after Twitteratti Teaches it Racism I4U News Humans will be humans and the latest victim is Microsoft ...

Former Bosnian Serb leader Karadzic convicted of genocide, gets 40-year sentence
The Nation Former Bosnian Serb leader Karadzic convicted of genocide, gets 40-year sentence The Denver Post Bida Smajlovic, 64, a survivor ...

Ole Miss Student Pleads Guilty To Putting A Noose Around Civil Rights Statue
A former University of Mississippi student could face up to a year in prison after pleading guilty to desecrating a civil rights statue. Austin ...

Sony PlayStation virtual reality set to change viewing sport and movies
A Sony executive says the company's new virtual reality headset is more than a toy for video gamers.

It sounds like buying Nest has been a total disaster for Google
Back when Google bought Nest in 2014 , many people expected great things to come from the partnership. More than two years later, however, the ...

NFL Rumors: New York Jets No Longer Pursuing Colin Kaepernick
NFL rumors have been swirling around Colin Kaepernick. The former second round draft pick doesn’t want to play for the San Francisco 49ers any ...