Send mail without running sendmail

I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine
(RedHat 9) without running sendmail services.

In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get
an error stating "Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]" in maillog file.

Can somebody advise how I can point to external SMTP server for mail
sending? Thanks.
0
ksc_lam02 (2)

Karan wrote:
> I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine
> (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services.
>
> In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get
> an error stating "Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]" in maillog file.
>
> Can somebody advise how I can point to external SMTP server for mail
> sending? Thanks.

You shall run sendmail services with the default configuration values,
i.e., listening on address 127.0.0.1.

Your sendmail.mc shall have :

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

Karan wrote:
> I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine
> (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services.
>
> In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get
> an error stating "Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]" in maillog file.
>
> Can somebody advise how I can point to external SMTP server for mail
> sending? Thanks.

IF you use sendmail-8.12+
THEN you can make submit.cf (second *.cf file added in sendmail-8.12) to
relay messages via SMTP server on another host

1) in sendmail.mc change ip address in the line given below
FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl
2) generate new submit.cf
3) add cron job to flush client queue periodically
*/30 * * * * root /usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-msp-queue -Ac -q

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@priv.onet.pl anfi@xl.wp.pl
Home Page http://anfi.homeunix.net/

0
anfi (2014)
1/7/2005 2:10:00 PM
Andrzej Adam Filip ( http://anfi.homeunix.net/ ) wrote:
> Karan wrote:
>
>> I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine
>> (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services.
>>
>> In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get
>> an error stating "Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]" in maillog file.
>>
>> Can somebody advise how I can point to external SMTP server for mail
>> sending? Thanks.
>

> IF you use sendmail-8.12+
> THEN you can make submit.cf (second *.cf file added in sendmail-8.12) to
> relay messages via SMTP server on another host
>
> 1) in sendmail.mc change ip address in the line given below
> FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl
> 2) generate new submit.cf
> 3) add cron job to flush client queue periodically
> */30 * * * * root /usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-msp-queue -Ac -q

My experience with this is that you also have to define queueing only,
or add a smart host to the submit.mc file. Else it errors if no sendmail
is listening on the local system. I'd bet I missed something silly.

dp
0
dennispe (388)
1/7/2005 2:26:44 PM
Andrzej Adam Filip ( http://anfi.homeunix.net/ ) wrote:
> Karan wrote:
>> I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine
>> (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services.
> IF you use sendmail-8.12+
> THEN you can make submit.cf (second *.cf file added in sendmail-8.12) to
> relay messages via SMTP server on another host

That'ld still strongly suggest running *some* "sendmail services",
namely, a clientmqueue runner, though.

*If* you are willing to lose the output of cron jobs and the like (or
can fiddle things so that it will, e.g., get appended to a file, rather
than emailed), the cleanest solution would IMHO be to use a MUA that
talks SMTP (and POP/IMAP) to a *remote* mailserver from square one.

Regards,
								J. Bern
0
bern (418)
1/7/2005 3:11:45 PM
Dennis Peterson wrote:
> Andrzej Adam Filip ( http://anfi.homeunix.net/ ) wrote:
>
>> Karan wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine
>>> (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services.
>>>
>>> In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get
>>> an error stating "Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]" in maillog file.
>>>
>>> Can somebody advise how I can point to external SMTP server for mail
>>> sending? Thanks.
>>

>> IF you use sendmail-8.12+
>> THEN you can make submit.cf (second *.cf file added in sendmail-8.12)
>> to relay messages via SMTP server on another host
>>
>> 1) in sendmail.mc change ip address in the line given below
>> FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl

<*CORRECTED*>
1) in submit.mc change ip address in the line given below
FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl
</*CORRECTED*>

>> 2) generate new submit.cf
>> 3) add cron job to flush client queue periodically
>> */30 * * * * root /usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-msp-queue -Ac -q
>
> My experience with this is that you also have to define queueing only,
> or add a smart host to the submit.mc file. Else it errors if no sendmail
> is listening on the local system. I'd bet I missed something silly.

I wanted to write about changing submit.mc (not sendmail.mc).

"Smart Host" used by by submit.cf is defined by second parameter of
FEATURE(`msp')

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@priv.onet.pl anfi@xl.wp.pl
Home Page http://anfi.homeunix.net/
*Random Epigram* :
"If you lived today as if it were your last, you'd buy up a box of rockets and
fire them all off, wouldn't you?"
	-- Garrison Keillor

0
anfi (2014)

How to send mail without sendmail running?
I'm positive that I've sent email from a Linux system before, WITHOUT sendmail running. When I tried to do this on a Fedora Core 1 box running sendmail 8.12, I could not send email to anyone on the localhost, or to an outside domain. Is there a way to configure sendmail so that it's not running, but will still allow sending email to external domains, other users on that host, mail from cron jobs, etc.? -Thanks Fred <itfred@cdw.com> writes: >I'm positive that I've sent email from a Linux system >before, WITHOUT sendmail running. When I tried to do >this on a Fedora Core 1 box running sendmail 8.12, I >could not send email to anyone on the localhost, or >to an outside domain. Is there a way to configure >sendmail so that it's not running, but will still >allow sending email to external domains, other users >on that host, mail from cron jobs, etc.? The best solution is to run a sendmail daemon listening *only* on 127.0.0.1 . That is probably the fedora default configuration. If you want it to run the old way, then chmod 4555 sendmail rm /etc/mail/submit.cf ### or rename to submit.cf.dist On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 15:29:27 +0000, Neil W Rickert wrote: > The best solution is to run a sendmail daemon listening > *only* on 127.0.0.1 . That is probably the fedora default > configuration. > > If you want it to run the old way, then > > chmod 4555 sendmail > rm /etc/mail/submit.cf ### or ...

send mail without running sendmail locally
Hi, I have 2 linux boxes, one of them running sendmail as MTA for my network, by using which we can send/receive mails to/fro internal/external mail IDs. Now, i want to send a mail from 2nd linux box (non-sendmail) to external domain mail Ids without running sendmail on it and rather, i want to use my sendmail server as RELAY. I configured my sendmail server to relay the 2nd linux box. Now, how can i send mail from 2nd linux box to outside world? Is there any command readily available or do i need to write any scripts for that? TIA Prvnrk Install sendmail, but don't allow it to start up at boot. You might also take smtp out of /etc/services The sendmail executable will be there for mail clients to use for e-mail transmission, but nothing will be listening on port 25 (for inbound). > I have 2 linux boxes, one of them running sendmail as MTA for my > network, by using which we can send/receive mails to/fro > internal/external mail IDs. Now, i want to send a mail from 2nd linux > box (non-sendmail) to external domain mail Ids without running sendmail > on it and rather, i want to use my sendmail server as RELAY. I > configured my sendmail server to relay the 2nd linux box. Now, how can > i send mail from 2nd linux box to outside world? Is there any command > readily available or do i need to write any scripts for that? In short, run Sendmail, or some similar MTA for the sole purpose of sending outbound emails on your behalf. If you want you ...

send mail without.. sendmail ?
It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon running? Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more than I can handle as a part time admin. Thanks, bl8n8r bad_knee <bl8n8r@yahoo.com> wrote: > It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run > sen...

Getting local mail delivery to work without having sendmail running
Greetings. I have two sets of box's. One is a RH 7.0 Box and another is a 8.0 box. Before anyone knocks the box's we are in the process of rolling everything out to Suse Enterprise Linux. Now, we do not run sendmail on the box's. We normally change the submit.cf DS line to forward mail to an postfix mail gateway we have. My question is how can I get local mail delivery to work if sendmail isnt running? I would like to be able to do "mail root" and have that read roots .forward file and mail out to whatever email addy is in that file. The RH7.0 box's work fine ...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thought it might be related to some terminate symbol, so i tried: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -messagefile=msg.txt which should send message from a file, but still, i get std input waiting for input, and unable to terminate except for ^C.) i am using the fedora distribution by the way. thanks. In article <4100396a-486b-4d25-b2e7-8fcb753a8c63@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com> jack.monflower@gmail.com writes: >hello, >i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... >nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) >so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: > ># /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com >... Type in message using headers etc >. > >and that's it, the message would be sent. >however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail >terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

Newbie Question
Can we send email without "sendmail" process running in Solaris 10 ? I know we can do it in Solaris 8 using SMTP via the mail relay host. We tried it in our Solaris 10 (118833-22) server and received the following error : # atlantis@scubadiving.com Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... atlantis@scubadiving.com ... Deferred: Connection refused by [127.0.0.1] Our sendmail version is 8.13.4. Any idea how we can trouble shoot this ? Thanks, Bill In article <1161970635.838296.15020@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com wrote: > Can we send email...

Sending mail with mail() without header
Hi, I'm working on a website where there is a from from which I want to send the data by e-mail. When I send myself the result with mail($my_email, $title, $message) everything works fine and I receive a plain text email. However, the people for which I'm doing the site receive some kind of error when I do the same thing but delivered to them > mail($their_email, $title, $message) The error looks something like this: Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients: Recipient address: services@theirdomain.com Reason: Illegal host/domain name found I also used something like this in the script to make it work when sending it to myself: ini_set('SMTP', 'mail.theirdomain.com'); ini_set('sendmail_from', 'services@theirdomain.com'); Is it the fact that I send this email in plain text with no headers that could trigger some sort of spam filtering? If so, what headers should I be using? Thanks in advance > Hi, > > I'm working on a website where there is a from from which I want to > send the data by e-mail. > > When I send myself the result with mail($my_email, $title, $message) > everything works fine and I receive a plain text email. However, the > people for which I'm doing the site receive some kind of error when I > do the same thing but delivered to them > mail($their_email, $title, > $message) > > The error looks something like this: > > Your mess...

sending mail without the mail client popping up
hi! I was wondering how I could send a mail without the mail client popping up to the user. I would like a mail to be sent to myself when someone's pushing a button on my homepage. Any ideas? obscurr "Obscurr" <obscurr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4452c409.0310310428.bfa6c2f@posting.google.com... > hi! > > I was wondering how I could send a mail without the mail client > popping up to the user. > I would like a mail to be sent to myself when someone's pushing a > button on my homepage. Any ideas? > > obscurr See php.net: mail(); Regards Richard Grove http://redeyemedia.co.uk http://shopbuilder.org http://musicshopper.co.uk "Obscurr" <obscurr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4452c409.0310310428.bfa6c2f@posting.google.com... > hi! > > I was wondering how I could send a mail without the mail client > popping up to the user. > I would like a mail to be sent to myself when someone's pushing a > button on my homepage. Any ideas? > > obscurr Hi! Try the mail() function. It will do what you are asking: http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php HTH - JM ...

Sendmail not sending mails immediately
Hello, We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails and we would like those mails to be sent immediately. Currently there are sitting in the queue a few minutes and then they get sent. I didn't configure anything differently no that box. And sendmail is running as the following: root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m My question now is: how do I configure sendmail to send immediately mails ? Regards > root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m > smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m Replace -q15m with -q1s Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. I should add that -q1s implies that sendmail will process the mail queue every single second... so it's unnecessary overhead. I suggest you try with -q1m so it's once every minute... it's not too bad, but it could still be too much overhead for your system. Try to find a compromise between response times and overhead. I suggest you read the sendmail manual page for further information about the command line options... Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. Syn <syn_NOSPAM_uw@hotmail.com> writes: >We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails an...

How to configure sendmail to send mails
FUP from comp.lang.python Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 15:38:25 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 5/9/2013 4:29 =CE=BC=CE=BC, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 feedth= etroll =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: >>> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to >>> setip up to work. >>> i cannot connect to it via my python script. >> OK, I should have been more exact: >> To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent, >> Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ... >> >> DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (=3D"mailbox management", "pop3(s)", >> "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a >> WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails= ..) >> >> So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access, >> don't you) and configure it. >> >> But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic. >=20 > i as root just inatslled >=20 > sendmail and mailx. i have edited the ~/.mailrc to use: > > nikos@superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# cat ~/.mailrc > account gmail { > set smtp-use-starttls > set smtp=3Dsmtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 > set smtp-auth=3Dlogin > set smtp-auth-user=3Dmay)gmail > set smtp-auth-password=3Dmy_gmail_pass_not_stupid_enough_to_w...

Sendmail refuses to send mail
Hi, only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Thanks in advance! --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- newbie_at_sendmail wrote: > only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. > Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). > Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. > > What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Start by posting some log entries from an email that is bouncing. I would also be tempted to think about sniffing the SMTP traffic. However seeing as how the message is being rejected with a 4xx series code, it should still be in a mail queue on your system (presuming that it is the system your server is passing the message off to th...

Sendmail does not send mail (inexperienced user)
Hi everyone, I am new to using Sendmail. I am trying to figure out why my system no longer sends emails. It was originally configured to work with Bugzilla and emails were sent without a problem through sendmail. The server's static IP address on the network was changed, and now messages are not sent (or at least not being received by anything). I tried to manually send through the command line and it looks like there aren't any problems according to status messages in verbose mode: [root@venice bin]# mail someone@company.com -v Subject: testing456 asdf jkl; this is the homerow! Cc: anotherone@company.com someone@company.com,anotherone@company.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 venice.company.lab ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.6/8.13.6; Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:08:58 -0700 >>> EHLO venice.company.lab 250-venice.company.lab Hello venice.company.lab [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> MAIL From:<root@venice.company.lab> SIZE=88 AUTH=root@venice.company.lab 250 2.1.0 <root@venice.company.lab>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<someone@company.com> >>> RCPT To:<anotherone@company.com> >>> DATA 250 2.1.5 <someone@company.com>... Recipient ok 250 2.1.5 <anotherone@company.com>... Recipient ok 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . 250 2.0....

Problem sending mail via sendmail
Hello all, First off, please forgive me as I am not very familiar with sendmail, so my question may be worded poorly or the answer may be very obvious. I am setting up a new mail server running sendmail as the MTA. I am attempting to configure it so that anyone on our IP block can access it and send mail via SMTP without a username or password, and to reject mail from outside sources. Well, I can get it to reject mail, all right: everything comes back with this error: An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.1 <matt.singerman@gmail.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [141.161.111.116]. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again. (This is the error that Thunderbird gave me when trying to send a message.) Where can I configure sendmail to allow messages coming from a specific ip range, in this case 141.161.x.x? Or is this something I would have to configure in a system file (I am running FreeBSD)? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt Aha. Okay, so I found that using /etc/mail/relay-domains and putting in just 141.161. works. However, is this really the best way to do this? I'm not really all that familiar with sednmail and whatnot, but should I be "relaying" mail coming from addresses on my own network? I mean, hey, it works, but it just doesn't seem like the way things are supposed to work. "Matt Singerman" <matt.s...

Cant send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
I use the netstat to get the following information: tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32768 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:32769 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:109 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:110 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 ...

using sendmail to send outoign mail only
Hi guys. I've set up a linux server (only running squid). I want mail from the root account on that machine to be sent to my email address. like RAID error notifications and stuff like that. I'v elooked everywhere, and everything seems to be working OK, but I can't send outgoing mail to external email accounts i have. the mail always appears to come from root@host.mydomain.com and not from root@mydomain.com if i use a smarthost that i allow relaying through, the return address appears ok, but in the message headers i still see root@host.mydomain.com. when using FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX') the mail is sent to the appropriate mx, but isn't relayed from there. some relays say "DSN: Data format error" some say "DSN: User unknown" and some say it's ok, but the mail never gets to me. I looked at the logs, and i think it's related to the from: header. the mx for the external domains i'm sending mail to don't accept mail from the non-existant domain host.mydomain.com, and rightfully so, as there's no such domain. any ideas? what am i doing wrong? I don't need to recieve incoming mail at all, only to allow mail sent using "mail someone@somedomain.com" to go to the right direction. I can't use my ISP, cause it requires me to log into my pop account before sending outgoing mail. thanks. "shoval" <shoval@softov.co.il> wrote in message news:1105570172.317669.271740@z14g2000cwz.g...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

Mail::Sendmail
perl doesn't like my return address. Does anyone know why? error message as follows-------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ perl mail_test.pl [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ Bad or missing From address: '' text of program follows---------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ vi mail_test.pl 1 #!/usr/bin/perl; 2 use Mail::Sendmail; 3 4 %mail = { To => "ccc31807\@yahoo.com", 5 From => "cartercc\@gmail.com", 6 Subject => 'Test of sendmail', 7 Message => "This is a test of sendmail"}; 8 9...

Web resources about - Send mail without running sendmail - comp.mail.sendmail

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...