Sending Email To Multiple Recipients

I need to know what everyone is using to send email to multiple
recipients.  An email program like pine, netscape, IE, and many
similar programs force the sender to list all the recipients at once
so the recipients know everyone who received the message.  No, BCC is
not what I am suggesting.

I'm not sure a mailing list manager like Mailman, Majordomo, and many
others is the proper avenue.  I always think of them as two way and I
am only trying to go one direction.  I want the program to email all
the recipients, but only have the sender's and recipient's email
addresses in the headers for "From:" and "To:".

Sendmail isn't a solution, when I use an alias to send email messages,
the name of the alias userslist below remains as the name that the
recipient receives.

   userslist:  ":include:/etc/mail/userslist"

Signed,
SoloCDM

0
deedsmis (2)

SoloCDM wrote:

> I need to know what everyone is using to send email to multiple
> recipients.  An email program like pine, netscape, IE, and many similar
> programs force the sender to list all the recipients at once so the
> recipients know everyone who received the message.  No, BCC is not what
> I am suggesting.
>
> I'm not sure a mailing list manager like Mailman, Majordomo, and many
> others is the proper avenue.  I always think of them as two way and I am
> only trying to go one direction.  I want the program to email all the
> recipients, but only have the sender's and recipient's email addresses
> in the headers for "From:" and "To:".
>
> Sendmail isn't a solution, when I use an alias to send email messages,
> the name of the alias userslist below remains as the name that the
> recipient receives.
>
>   userslist:  ":include:/etc/mail/userslist"

The program also needs to allow files to be attached, if it becomes
necessary.

Signed,
SoloCDM

0
deedsmis (2)
9/21/2003 12:15:08 AM
SoloCDM wrote:
> I need to know what everyone is using to send email to multiple
> recipients.  An email program like pine, netscape, IE, and many similar
> programs force the sender to list all the recipients at once so the
> recipients know everyone who received the message.  No, BCC is not what
> I am suggesting.
>
> I'm not sure a mailing list manager like Mailman, Majordomo, and many
> others is the proper avenue.  I always think of them as two way and I am
> only trying to go one direction.  I want the program to email all the
> recipients, but only have the sender's and recipient's email addresses
> in the headers for "From:" and "To:".
>
> Sendmail isn't a solution, when I use an alias to send email messages,
> the name of the alias userslist below remains as the name that the
> recipient receives.

Of course Sendmail is the solution - you just don't know the power of
it. You want, in effect, to send unsolicited bulk email to a list of
names. Well, believe it or not this is just what sendmail does best.

Assuming you have access to a Unix server you just need to create your
message including your attachment. Hell, let the system do the dirty
work for you.

1. Pull the network cable from your mail server
2. Create your message, including attachment and send it to your local
sendmail server (you need to be on that server - no net cable, y'know).
Be smart and send it to xxxxx@yyyyy.zzz (sed will be your friend for this).
3. Go to the queue directory and grab a copy of the df* and qf* files
for the message you just created.
4. Create a zillion copies of both, with unique names beginning with qf
and df, change the to: addy in the qf* to who ever you want to bother
with your unsolicited bulk email, customize the df* files (sed is really
your friend) to make the recipient think you're really their friend (sed
is your friend, regardless),  place these zillions of modified df* and
qf* files in a queue directory
5. Insert your network cable
6. Run sendmail against that queue.
7. The dirty deed is done - you can collect your fee, and a zillion
people somewhere in the world will drop your message into their bit
buckets. Life is good.

Works every time it's tried.

dp

0
dennispe (388)

sending mail with multiple recipient and some recipient error
Hi, I've a big problem and I think it's a configuration in sendmail causing this. When one of my user try to send an email to a big list of people, about a hundred people, I suggest him to put his on address in the TO: and all the other in CCI. But if one of the recipient address is wrong or the destination mail server didn't response, he try to resend it to the hole list. So, the correct address receive the same email about 45 times a day before a timeout. I try to stop sendmail, clear all file in /var/spool/mqueue and restart sendmail but the mail come back again and try to sen...

Sending email to multiple recipients
Hello, I have to send mail to multiple recipients. I have one text file, it contains emailaddress. In ruby program i should parse the emailaddresses and send to multiple recipients. for example. Just parsing it into an Array and either iterate over the array (sending one e-mail for each address) Give any ideas for this one, also give related program for this. Thanks in advance -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Logesh Subramani wrote: > Give any ideas for this one, also give related program for this. :) Show some code you've been writing and plenty of people m...

how to send mail to multiple recipients
I need to send mail like this echo test | mail user1@domain.com user2@domain.com how do I send mail to multiple people? Is this the right syntax? Check out the man pages for mail and mailx. They'll provide you with all of the syntax and options for each command and will likely answer all of your questions and (not) fulfill your wildest dreams ;) tony wrote: > I need to send mail like this > > echo test | mail user1@domain.com user2@domain.com > > how do I send mail to multiple people? Is this the right syntax? while read address do echo test | mail "$address" done < address.list Heiner -- ___ _ / __| |_ _____ _____ _ _ Heiner STEVEN <heiner.steven@nexgo.de> \__ \ _/ -_) V / -_) ' \ Shell Script Programmers: visit |___/\__\___|\_/\___|_||_| http://www.shelldorado.com/ Begin <423213c9$0$1089$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net> On 2005-03-11, Heiner Steven <heiner.steven@nexgo.de> wrote: > tony wrote: >> I need to send mail like this >> >> echo test | mail user1@domain.com user2@domain.com >> >> how do I send mail to multiple people? Is this the right syntax? man mail appears to affirm that, yes. On my system, at least. > while read address > do > echo test | mail "$address" > done < address.list You can do that, too, of course. Having less bodies in the spool does seem appealing, but if sendin...

Send mail script step
I have a file CLASSES with the classes of a school and a file STUDENTS with the students of the shool. The two files are related with the Class_ID field. I have a layout with the data from one record of the CLASS file and a portal showing all the students in that class. I want to use a script to sent e-mails to all the students in that class (assuming that there is a e-mail address field in students file). If I use the "Use all Recordn in found set" flag the mail is sent to all the studends of the school and not only to the students of that class. If I use "Use the current rec...

Send Mail not working with multiple email addresses.
I'm using FMP 6 and Outlook 2003. I've searched the archives but have only found responses pertaining to web functions versus a standalone database. I'm trying to set up a script that sends an email to multiple people, but not always the same people. I have a script set up that populates a global field correctly with the specific email addresses required for the particular record (from a relationship), and have this field indicated to use as the cc: field in the Send Mail script command. The script works just fine when there is only one email address, but fails every time there...

PHP mail() function is sends emails to sendmail but they never get received
Hi... I got a really a nasty problem with my mail() function... I have a form mailer on my website which is using the mail() funcion of my own webserver. After sending a message the mail script is telling me that the email was send correct. But nobody is receiving it. I have tried a lot of different domains incase that the email address which I have used been blocked because of SPAM. The mail() function has worked for long time.....and I did nothing changed on the configuration. What is the reason for this? I couldn't find anything information regarding this problem. Thanks for your he...

perl script sendmail sending user an email but not me an email
This is a contact us script.. Supposed to send us an email after user fills out the html form. It is supposed to send us an email and It is supposed to send them (the user) an email letting them know we got their message, but it only sends them an email, it doesnt send us one. This script I have ran before on a different host company a few years ago and it worked fine. Now I have yahoo webhosting and I can't get it to function correctly. The perl script runs and executes everything fine really but the problem is I can't receive email even though in the script it is supposed to send...

how to email multiple recipients
this might be a easy question but i got after i run this command command | mail user@domain.com this works but command | mail user1@domain.com user2@domain.com does not work any idea? In article <fbs2lb$kc4$1@news.Stanford.EDU>, "nobody" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote: > this might be a easy question but i got after i run this command > > command | mail user@domain.com > > this works > > but command | mail user1@domain.com user2@domain.com > > does not work > > any idea? try command | mail "user1@domain.com user2@domain...

Send To Mail Recipient
I'm using the current verion of Eudora on an XP Pro Machine. Eudora is registered as the E-mail client. That notwithstanding clicking on "Send to Mail Recipient" opens Netscape Mail. I added a shortcut to Eudora in the Sent To folder (Documents and Settings), unfortunately, when I click on Send To Eudora, which should open Eudora, transfer the files to \Eudora\Attach and add them to the Attachment portion of a new message window, the only thing that occurs is that Eudora opens -- the files are not transferred to the Attach folder nor are they added to the Attachment portion of the new message window. Any suggestions? J Goldstein ...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

Sending email to CC recipients

Sendmail refuses to send mail
Hi, only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Thanks in advance! --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= ...

Mail
Just upgraded a Black MacBook (bought in Feb 07) to OS 10.4.10. Since then, my wife has had trouble sending email through Mail, although she receives it just fine. I seem to be able to send mail with no problems from my account (we have different login names). We use the same SMTP out going server. I have read that many people have been having this problem. Does anyone have a remedy for this problem? Thanks. On 2007-09-25 14:57:50 -0500, BearcatScott <bearcatscott@syahoo.com> said: > Just upgraded a Black MacBook (bought in Feb 07) to OS 10.4.10. Since > then, my wif...

How to configure sendmail to send mails
FUP from comp.lang.python Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 15:38:25 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 5/9/2013 4:29 =CE=BC=CE=BC, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 feedth= etroll =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: >>> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to >>> setip up to work. >>> i cannot connect to it via my python script. >> OK, I should have been more exact: >> To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent, >> Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ... >> >> DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (=3D"mailbox management", "pop3(s)", >> "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a >> WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails= ..) >> >> So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access, >> don't you) and configure it. >> >> But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic. >=20 > i as root just inatslled >=20 > sendmail and mailx. i have edited the ~/.mailrc to use: > > nikos@superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# cat ~/.mailrc > account gmail { > set smtp-use-starttls > set smtp=3Dsmtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 > set smtp-auth=3Dlogin > set smtp-auth-user=3Dmay)gmail > set smtp-auth-password=3Dmy_gmail_pass_not_stupid_enough_to_w...

Help with Sending Multiple Emails!
Hi, I am new to Perl. I ran into this problem while trying to send out 2 messages from a script. Nearly half the time, the second message didn't get sent, while the first message always get sent. Here is what I did: # send the 1st message open (M, "| /usr/sbin/sendmail -t"); print M "To: $address_01\n"; print M "From: $address_from\n"; ... # content of 1st message close (M); # send the 2nd message open (M, "| /usr/sbin/sendmail -t"); print M "To: $address_02\n"; print M "From: $address_from\n"; ... # content of 2nd m...

Sendmail not sending mails immediately
Hello, We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails and we would like those mails to be sent immediately. Currently there are sitting in the queue a few minutes and then they get sent. I didn't configure anything differently no that box. And sendmail is running as the following: root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m My question now is: how do I configure sendmail to send immediately mails ? Regards > root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m > smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m Replace -q15m with -q1s Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. I should add that -q1s implies that sendmail will process the mail queue every single second... so it's unnecessary overhead. I suggest you try with -q1m so it's once every minute... it's not too bad, but it could still be too much overhead for your system. Try to find a compromise between response times and overhead. I suggest you read the sendmail manual page for further information about the command line options... Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. Syn <syn_NOSPAM_uw@hotmail.com> writes: >We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails an...

sending emails to a list of recipients
i have the following code: ---------------------------------- import smtplib from email.MIMEText import MIMEText fp = open('confirmation.txt', 'rb') msg = MIMEText(fp.read()) From = 'xxxx@xxxx.xxxx.edu' msg['Subject'] = 'Purchase Confirmation' msg ['From'] = From msg['To'] = emails s = smtplib.SMTP('xxxx.xxx.xxx.edu') s.login('xxxxx','xxxx') s.sendmail(msg['From'], msg['To'], msg.as_string()) s.close() ---------------------------------- it works if msg['To'] = 'email@email.com'...

Sending Files to Multiple Recipients
Quick Question: If I send a file that's ~a Meg in size to a bunch of recipients, will Eudora laboriously grind away for each recipient, or will it simultaneously (and relatively quickly) send to all? TIA! On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 18:27:02 -0800, Robert E. Yorke <yorker@deltanet.com> declaimed the following in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows: > If I send a file that's ~a Meg in size to a bunch of recipients, will > Eudora laboriously grind away for each recipient, or will it > simultaneously (and relatively quickly) send to all? > It will grind away convert...

mail client not sending email.
dear all, the following mail commandline does not send any email: # echo "hello" | mail -s "test" my@email.com What may be goes wrong in my system? I m using redhat 9.0 Thanks sam On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:22:30 +0800 (more or less), "sam" <samwun@hgcbroadband.com> wrote: >dear all, > >the following mail commandline does not send any email: > ># echo "hello" | mail -s "test" my@email.com > >What may be goes wrong in my system? I m using redhat 9.0 > >Thanks >sam > > W...

Sendmail BCC with multiple recipients
Hello, I'm completely stuck on this problem I've been having calling sendmail from a perl script. I can't seem to have multiple bcc recipients. If I have one bcc recipient, the message is received by the one bcc recipient and everything is happy. If I have more than one bcc recipient, the message is sent to the To recipient only, and none of the bcc recipients receive an email. I am posting here instead of a sendmail NG, because when I copy and paste the output of the print line (from below) everything works great. All the bcc recipients get a copy of the message. Here is the...

send mail without.. sendmail ?
It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon running? Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more than I can handle as a part time admin. Thanks, bl8n8r bad_knee <bl8n8r@yahoo.com> wrote: > It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run > sen...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

Web resources about - Sending Email To Multiple Recipients - comp.mail.sendmail

List of Medal of Honor recipients for the Battle of Iwo Jima - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Battle of Iwo Jima took place in February and March 1945 during World War II and was marked by some of the fiercest fighting of the war. ...

Facebook Alerts Users When Their Messages Are Bound For Recipients’ ‘Other’ Folders
Facebook has begun informing users who send messages to other users or brands that they are not connected with that their messages are destined ...

Facebook Gifts gets a scheduling feature to let users decide when to notify recipients
... gift” feature for its Gifts product, which allows users to buy something for a friend, but notify them at a later date. Previously, recipients ...

Test tubes and other recipients in chemistry lab - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... and specialized glassware of different sizes, filled with either water or other colorful substances in a chemistry lab. Some of these recipients ...

Medal Of Honor Recipient Former U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Ryan M. Pitts Rings The Closing Bell - YouTube
On Wednesday, July 23, 2014, former U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Ryan M. Pitts, recipient of the Medal of Honor, will visit the New York Stock Exchange ...

Super-sized mannequin required for Victoria Cross recipient Ben Roberts-Smith's uniform
Staff at the Australian War Memorial had to hand-make a mannequin large enough to display the combat uniform of Victoria Cross recipient Ben ...

IVF recipient Vali has world first transplant treatment - Video
In a world first, IVF recipient Vali became pregnant after growing eggs from ovarian tissue transplanted into her abdomen.

2015 Arts ACT Project Funding: List of recipients
A comic musical duo and a children's picture-book author are among those given a boost in the Arts ACT round for 2015. The list of recipients ...

Australian Victoria Cross recipients
Recipients of the Victoria Cross, awarded for valour to members of the Australian Armed Forces.

Full-face transplant recipient Dallas Wiens weds burns victim Jamie Nash
AN AMERICAN man who received the nations first full face transplant has married a fellow burns victim at the site where he was injured.