Sending mails to ISP mail server account

Hi all,

I have a local mail server on domain xyz.com. Sendmail configured as
MTA.
Users are able to send mails to each other. I have also configured
relay-domains to xyz.com so that they are able to send mails to real
world.
Local users are like 1@xyz.com .. upto 10@xyz.com

We also have the mail services from ISP on same domain xyz.com. On ISP
mail
server we have created same account name like 1@xyz.com ... upto
10@xyz.com
.. My local mail server is fetching mail from ISP mail server &
delivered to
local user accounts by using fetchmail.

On ISP mail server, we have created few accounts of the users like
11@xyz.com for mktg personals. These users are not having account on my

local mail server. Now users want to send mail to 1@xyz.com with cc to
11@xyz.com . Whenever they send mails like this, error comes 'user
unknown'.

I have tried smart relay host option like
----------------
# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DSxyz.com
---------------
but not got success.

Any workaround by which mails to 11@xyz.com will go to ISP mail server
account?

Any pointer will help.

Thanking you,
Sandeep Agarwal

Mail server supporting manager authoriasation to send mail
Our "IT" partner is reviewing Kerio Mailserver and MS Exchange. A server will be deployed in each of 8 offices (1x 4 people, 3x 8 people, 1x 50, 3x 20 people). As part of the firms Professional Indemnity procedures all written communication in and out must be approved by a partner (about 15 across firm), the same must apply with email. What we require is a mailserver/client which doesn't permit mail to be sent directly to (and preferably from) addresses other than @firms.domain without first being sent to a partner and approved. what staff need to be able to do is enter joe@bloggs.domain, hit send and it go to a partner or more than one depending on the office, then all the partner needs to do is press yes or no without having to mess around copying the content from one message to a new one. Any comments on the software (or the deployment stratergy - my personal choice wound have been as all mail has to go through the head office mail server first anyway to only have one central server and access over the firm's VPN - each remote office has a 512k DSL, the head office would have a faster upload connection than the 256k DSL provides - but i think this will have to happen anyway) Regards and thanks in advance Chris > As part of the firms Professional Indemnity procedures all written > communication in and out must be approved by a partner (about 15 > across firm), the same must apply with email. What we require is a > mailserver/client which...

sending mail otherthan mail()
Hello everyone, My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method of sending emails using php without using mail(). If there is any tweak to be done at the server level I will be able to convince the admin. The server has linux Enterprice edition 3 with php 4.3.11 and cpanel/whm. Please guide me to the method and i will be able to collect other information about it from google. Thanks Jaunty Edward smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I > need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method > of sending emails using php without using mail(). So getting an alternative to mail() will simply circumvent the "antispam fix". On unix, mail() is nothing more than a wrapper to a local sendmail program, on win32 it's a wrapper that communicates to a smtp daemon. So either you can do yourself (exec()/sockets) or use on of the classes to be found on the usual sites (phpclasses/hostscritps)... Thank daniel, are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able to send emails using php. I don't know what the server admin is going to do with the spam problem. But will I be able to send emails using classes. Thanks once again. Jaunty smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able > to send emails using php....

sending mail via ISP replay server (solaris, sendmail)
I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is smtp.comcast.net ..incoming is mail.comcast.net and my email is myemail@comcast.com. Thnk you very much you want to look at the SMART HOST section in your sendmail.mc file Cheers Buff Z wrote: > I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 > How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via > my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is > smtp.c...

php mail() not sending to mail Clients (ie, Outlook, Apple Mail, thunderbird, etc..)
I have a send mail script on my site that. The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients like Outlook, Mail, etc...) Is this a problem with the script, or is it something I must change in php ini file? Thanks in advance for any help. here is the code. (im using it in conjunction with javascript for some AJAX stuff) if(!isset($_GET['action'])) { die("You must not access this page directly!"); //Just to stop people from visiting contact.php normally } /* Now lets trim up the input before sending it */ $name = trim($_GET['name']); //The senders name $to = trim($_GET['maily']); //The senders email address $place = trim($_GET['place']); //The senders email address $subject = "you have recieved mail"; $headers = "From:$name"; $message = "{$name} deemed you worthy of receiving the following information/exchange from Trumpet.\n\n Follow This Link {$place}"; mail($to, $subject, $message,$headers); //a very simple send echo 'contactarea|<p class="sent">Article Sent!</p>'; //now lets update the "contactarea" div on the contact.html page. The contactarea| tell's the javascript which div to update. ?> shybe wrote: > I have a send mail script on my site that. > > The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients > like Outlook, Mail, etc...) > > Is this a problem with the script, or is it something ...

Mail - 10.11
All messages (inbox, sent) were lost at first blush. Invoking Time Machine causes Mail to crash and TM to exit. A "rebuild" fixed it (inbox and sent for that account). Alan Browne <alan.browne@freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote: > All messages (inbox, sent) were lost at first blush. > > Invoking Time Machine causes Mail to crash and TM to exit. > > A "rebuild" fixed it (inbox and sent for that account). This was due to the previous PGP plugin crash? -- E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my ravenous SPAM filter. I often igno...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) yaaru wrote: > I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that > smtp to send mails. > Use the MercuryC SMTP Relay Client Module. -- Regards, Guy <URL:http://guysalias.batcave.net/pgpkeys.txt> [Updated: 4/29/2004] ...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) [POSTED TO comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE] In <fc389f33.0408060513.55cac989@posting.google.com> on 6 Aug 2004 06:13:37 -0700, samir@cybersurfindia.com (yaaru) wrote: >[SNIP] Per the newsgroup charters, please post Mercury questions in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc -- Best regards, John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/> WinPMail helpers (PGP/URLPROXY/NsProto/AdrCSV) available on my Home Page ...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only :) one such directory? Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, if so remove it. It is possible that this may break other applications (e.g. Mutt). Hopefully it won't. Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: > > :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems > :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both > :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is > :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only > :) one such directory? Eduardo Chappa wrote: > Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, No. The directories are not...

Send mail script step
I have a file CLASSES with the classes of a school and a file STUDENTS with the students of the shool. The two files are related with the Class_ID field. I have a layout with the data from one record of the CLASS file and a portal showing all the students in that class. I want to use a script to sent e-mails to all the students in that class (assuming that there is a e-mail address field in students file). If I use the "Use all Recordn in found set" flag the mail is sent to all the studends of the school and not only to the students of that class. If I use "Use the current rec...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ > How to do that? If everything else fails: - delete mail - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail On 18 Aug 2005, Holger Marzen wrote: > * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > >> I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ >> How to do that? > > If everything else fails: > > - delete mail > - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail What Holger wrote should work, but it's cleaner to change where Pine looks for mailboxes. I discuss this on my Power Pine page in this section: Setting Up IMAP, NNTP, and Local Collections <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#setCollections> Let us know if you have any questions. Hope this helps, Nancy -- Nancy McGough ~ <http://www.ii.com> ~ <http://deflexion.com> IMAP, pine, procmail, data deflexion, infinity, and more >...

How to set mail server to pass internet mail to other server for processing?
Dear Guys, My SendMail Server is currently being setup to send & receive mail locally only. How could I set the mail server so that it would pass internet mail to other server for processing. FYI, I am using SendMail v8.12.11 & I am new to SendMail. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, CL "CL" <cl@xtreamys.com> wrote in message news:416b307d$1_1@news.tm.net.my > My SendMail Server is currently being setup to send & receive mail > locally only. How could I set the mail server so that it would pass > internet mail to other server for processing. FYI...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to ".mail/". Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". > Change "mail/" to ".mail/". This is great! Thanks Eduardo!! I'll never change from Pine. That's for sure. > http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I would like to change my email when using mailinglists. The only thing Pine now needs is a way to use PGP/GPG as attachments...=) Hugs, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any :) effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I :) would like to change my email w...

mail form not sending mail
Hi all, I am trying to test a simple feedback form. I have php 5.0.3.3 on my dev Windows server 2003. SMTP is working fine, as we all use it to send mail from. PHP works fine as well, but I just cant get mail sent by php, although no errors are reported. Do I understand it correctly that this simple script should send me a mail? This is just to test that it works. <?php mail('me@whatever.com', 'My Subject', 'message'); header( "Location: http://webserver/message_sent.htm" ); ?> Okay, the " Location: http://webserver/message_sent.htm" comes up fine, and "<?php phpinfo() ?>" also works fine. SMTP allows relay from my subnet and does not need authentication. please help TIA Indrapoera ...

Web Mail Interface for My Mail Server
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone can help me out here. I am running hmailserver on windows xp and i would like to setup a webmail interface on my server so that my users dont have to use outlook to check emails and can just use thier browsers to do so. I was wondering is there any free plug in available to do something like this? I googled it but everything is php scripts etc and nothing seem to be the right thing. Thanks a lot guys!!!. ...

Synchronize Apple Mail with Mail Server?
My DSL was out for a couple of days, so I had to take my iBook to the local coffee shops to connect to the Internet. I used a web interface to send my POP email account at Earthlink. Now I'm wondering if there's any way to get Apple Mail to retrieve the emails I sent, and store them in my Sent Mail folder. Is there a way to do that? Thanks in advance for any info. In article <vikr-1EE776.17564418082006@news.west.earthlink.net>, Vik Rubenfeld <vikr@mindspring.com.invalid> wrote: > My DSL was out for a couple of days, so I had to take my iBook to the > local co...

Macallan Mail Solution is a Mail Server
Macallan Mail Solution is a Mail Server (SMTP/POP3/IMAP/HTTP) for Microsoft Windows XPT and Microsoft Windows 2000T that works with clients such as Microsoft Outlook ExpressT or Microsoft OutlookT. Filtering mechanisms against Spammers using DNSBL (DNS Black List) and your own Keywords Black List / Friend List are included. Mechanisms against Virus can be used with your Anti-Virus. Replies can be sent automatically for those abusing Spams and Virus to providers. http://perso.club-internet.fr/macallan/MMS/index.html ...

Multiple mail accounts in Mail OsX
Hi there, I've got a user with multiple mail accounts (from different ISPs) set up in Mail. Everything works fine, except we can't work out how to change things so that they can select which account they send to. At the moment it is always the one that they added first. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Martin In article <42e90313$0$29795$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk>, "Martin Empson" <swpmre@yahoodonteventhinkaboutspam.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I've got a user with multiple mail accounts (from different ISPs) set up in > Mail. Everything w...

Sending mail with mail() without header
Hi, I'm working on a website where there is a from from which I want to send the data by e-mail. When I send myself the result with mail($my_email, $title, $message) everything works fine and I receive a plain text email. However, the people for which I'm doing the site receive some kind of error when I do the same thing but delivered to them > mail($their_email, $title, $message) The error looks something like this: Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients: Recipient address: services@theirdomain.com Reason: Illegal host/domain name found I also used something like this in the script to make it work when sending it to myself: ini_set('SMTP', 'mail.theirdomain.com'); ini_set('sendmail_from', 'services@theirdomain.com'); Is it the fact that I send this email in plain text with no headers that could trigger some sort of spam filtering? If so, what headers should I be using? Thanks in advance > Hi, > > I'm working on a website where there is a from from which I want to > send the data by e-mail. > > When I send myself the result with mail($my_email, $title, $message) > everything works fine and I receive a plain text email. However, the > people for which I'm doing the site receive some kind of error when I > do the same thing but delivered to them > mail($their_email, $title, > $message) > > The error looks something like this: > > Your mess...

Web resources about - Sending mails to ISP mail server account - comp.mail.sendmail

Sending/receiving relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sending/receiving relationship is one in which a public school district sends some or all of its students to attend the schools of another ...

CHVRCHES - Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like... - Facebook
Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like this. This is one of the more polite ones. Other recent classics include "I'm going to give her ...

[...] Facebook Prevents Users From Sending Suspicious Friend Requests To Strangers, Inside Facebook [...] ...
Facebook has begun implementing new security measures to prevent friend request spamming. Some users are being shown a “This Request Can’t Be ...

A better experience for sending Tweets and DMs - Twitter Blog
... panel New Tweet panel in da...... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp A better experience for sending ...

How to Go From Working 60 Hours a Week to 40 By Sending 2 Emails a Week
I’m convinced 95% of cubicle workers who work over 60 hours a week constantly can cut it down to 40-45 hours by sending 2 emails a week to their ...

Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE ...
Get Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE emoticons and emojis - on the App Store. ...

Thanks for sending an iPhone4 and Sim T-Mobile but ... - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... that's probably not going to work. (also, I'm sticking with the iPod touch).

Texas Man Makes $10K A Month Sending Potatoes With Personalized Messages In The Mail! - YouTube
Alex Craig, 24, said he came up with the idea for Potato Parcel earlier this year while having dinner with his girlfriend. His girlfriend called ...

Defence Minister David Johnston backs away from talk of Australia sending troops to Iraq
A frustrated Defence Minister David Johnston has downplayed the chances of Australian troops becoming involved in Iraq despite Prime Minister ...