sendmail 8.15.1 available

Proofpoint, Inc., and the Sendmail Consortium announce the availability
of sendmail 8.15.1. This release:

   o offers more TLS related features,
   o does not ignore temporary map lookup failures during header rewriting,
   o uses uncompressed IPv6 addresses by default, which is an incompatible
     change that requires to update IPv6 related configuration data.

as well as many other enhancements.  For details see the release
notes below.

Please send bug reports and general feedback to one of the addresses
listed at: http://www.sendmail.org/email-addresses.html

The version can be found at

ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/pub/sendmail/sendmail.8.15.1.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/pub/sendmail/sendmail.8.15.1.tar.gz.sig
ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/pub/sendmail/sendmail.8.15.1.tar.Z
ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/pub/sendmail/sendmail.8.15.1.tar.Z.sig

SHA-256 checksums

ed1f9e0f2a1a58c9ff94950264a2fc186d6fd237bac66b175d79a2b89a950746 sendmail.8.15.1.tar.gz
b13981995b2482be9bd74749590ae2a695e96f5022a299b42b78812546061755 sendmail.8.15.1.tar.gz.sig
823fe8400c09f8d603392ca7e7352cabd26c120da7b52f38a06c830dedfd782d sendmail.8.15.1.tar.Z
f850b44f21cd4d773c067ea60bbc0bfb201b1fca37f764201b050db616854043 sendmail.8.15.1.tar.Z.sig

You either need the first two files or the third and fourth,
i.e., the gzip'ed version or the compressed version and the
corresponding sig file. The PGP signature was created using
the Sendmail Signing Key/2014, available on the web site
(http://www.sendmail.com/sm/open_source/download/) or on
the public key servers (keyid 0x61DE11ECE2763A73).

Since sendmail 8.11 and later includes hooks to cryptography, the
following information from OpenSSL applies to sendmail as well.

   PLEASE REMEMBER THAT EXPORT/IMPORT AND/OR USE OF STRONG CRYPTOGRAPHY
   SOFTWARE, PROVIDING CRYPTOGRAPHY HOOKS OR EVEN JUST COMMUNICATING
   TECHNICAL DETAILS ABOUT CRYPTOGRAPHY SOFTWARE IS ILLEGAL IN SOME
   PARTS OF THE WORLD.  SO, WHEN YOU IMPORT THIS PACKAGE TO YOUR
   COUNTRY, RE-DISTRIBUTE IT FROM THERE OR EVEN JUST EMAIL TECHNICAL
   SUGGESTIONS OR EVEN SOURCE PATCHES TO THE AUTHOR OR OTHER PEOPLE
   YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO ANY EXPORT/IMPORT
   AND/OR USE LAWS WHICH APPLY TO YOU. THE AUTHORS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR
   ANY VIOLATIONS YOU MAKE HERE. SO BE CAREFUL, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

			SENDMAIL RELEASE NOTES

This listing shows the version of the sendmail binary, the version
of the sendmail configuration files, the date of release, and a
summary of the changes in that release.

8.15.1/8.15.1	2014/12/06
	SECURITY: Properly set the close-on-exec flag for file descriptors
		(except stdin, stdout, and stderr) before executing mailers.
	If header rewriting fails due to a temporary map lookup failure,
		queue the mail for later retry instead of sending it
		without rewriting the header.  Note: this is done
		while the mail is being sent and hence the transaction
		is aborted, which only works for SMTP/LMTP mailers
		hence the handling of temporary map failures is
		suppressed for other mailers. SMTP/LMTP servers may
		complain about aborted transactions when this problem
		occurs.
		See also "DNS Lookups" in sendmail/TUNING.
	Incompatible Change: Use uncompressed IPv6 addresses by default,
		i.e., they will not contain "::".  For example,
		instead of ::1 it will be 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1.  This
		permits a zero subnet to have a more specific match,
		such as different map entries for IPv6:0:0 vs IPv6:0.
		This change requires that configuration data
		(including maps, files, classes, custom ruleset,
		etc) must use the same format, so make certain such
		configuration data is updated before using 8.15.
		As a very simple check search for patterns like
		'IPv6:[0-9a-fA-F:]*::' and 'IPv6::'. If necessary,
		the prior format can be retained by compiling with:
		APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_ENVDEF', `-DIPV6_FULL=0')
		in your devtools/Site/site.config.m4 file.
	If debugging is turned on (-d0.14) also print the OpenSSL
		versions, both build time and run time
		(provided STARTTLS is compiled in).
	If a connection to the MTA is dropped by the client before its
		hostname can be validated, treat it as "may be forged",
		so that the unvalidated hostname is not passed to a
		milter in xxfi_connect().
	Add a timeout for communication with socket map servers
		which can be specified using the -d option.
	Add a compile time option HESIOD_ALLOW_NUMERIC_LOGIN to allow
		numeric logins even if HESIOD is enabled.
	The new option CertFingerprintAlgorithm specifies the finger-
		print algorithm (digest) to use for the presented cert.
		If the option is not set, md5 is used and the macro
		{cert_md5} contains the cert fingerprint.
		However, if the option is set, the specified algorithm
		(e.g., sha1) is used and the macro {cert_fp} contains
		the cert fingerprint.
		That is, as long as the option is not set, the behaviour
		does not change, but otherwise, {cert_md5} is superseded
		by {cert_fp} even if you set CertFingerprintAlgorithm
		to md5.
	The options ServerSSLOptions and ClientSSLOptions can be used
		to set SSL options for the server and client side
		respectively. See SSL_CTX_set_options(3) for a list.
		Note: this change turns on SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2 and
		SSL_OP_NO_TICKET for the client. See doc/op/op.me
		for details.
	The option CipherList sets the list of ciphers for STARTTLS.
		See ciphers(1) for possible values.
	Do not log "STARTTLS: internal error: tls_verify_cb: ssl == NULL"
		if a CRLFfile is in use (and LogLevel is 14 or higher.)
	Store a more specific TLS protocol version in ${tls_version}
		instead of a generic one, e.g., TLSv1 instead of
		TLSv1/SSLv3.
	Properly set {client_port} value on little endian machines.
		Patch from Kelsey Cummings of Sonic.net.
	Per RFC 3848, indicate in the Received: header whether SSL or
		SMTP AUTH was negotiated by setting the protocol clause
		to ESMTPS, ESMTPA, or ESMTPSA instead of ESMTP.
	If the 'C' flag is listed as TLSSrvOptions the requirement for the
		TLS server to have a cert is removed.  This only works
		under very specific circumstances and should only be used
		if the consequences are understood, e.g., clients
		may not work with a server using this.
	The options ClientCertFile, ClientKeyFile, ServerCertFile, and
		ServerKeyFile can take a second file name, which must be
		separated from the first with a comma (note: do not use
		any spaces) to set up a second cert/key pair. This can
		be used to have certs of different types, e.g., RSA
		and DSA.
	A new map type "arpa" is available to reverse an IP (IPv4 or IPv6)
		address. It returns the string for the PTR lookup, but
		without trailing {ip6,in-addr}.arpa.
	New operation mode  'C' just checks the configuration file, e.g.,
		sendmail -C new.cf -bC
		will perform a basic syntax/consistency check of new.cf.
	The mailer flag 'I' is deprecated and will be removed in a
		future version.
	Allow local (not just TCP) socket connections to the server, e.g.,
		O DaemonPortOptions=Family=local, Addr=/var/mta/server.sock
		can be used.
	If the new option MaxQueueAge is set to a value greater than zero,
		entries in the queue will be retried during a queue run
		only if the individual retry time has been reached which
		is doubled for each attempt.  The maximum retry time is
		limited by the specified value.
	New DontBlameSendmail option GroupReadableDefaultAuthInfoFile
		to relax requirement for DefaultAuthInfo file.
	Reset timeout after receiving a message to appropriate value if
		STARTTLS is in use.  Based on patch by Kelsey Cummings
		of Sonic.net.
	Report correct error messages from the LDAP library for a range of
		small negative return values covering those used by OpenLDAP.
	Fix compilation with Berkeley DB 5.0 and 6.0.  Patch from
		Allan E Johannesen of Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
	CONFIG: FEATURE(`nopercenthack') takes one parameter: reject or
		nospecial which describes whether to disallow "%" in the
		local part of an address.
	DEVTOOLS: Fix regression in auto-detection of libraries when only
		shared libraries are available.  Problem reported by
		Bryan Costales.
	LIBMILTER: Mark communication socket as close-on-exec in case
		a user's filter starts other applications.
		Based on patch from Paul Howarth.
	Portability:
		SunOS 5.12 has changed the API for sigwait(2) to conform
		with XPG7.  Based on patch from Roger Faulkner of Oracle.
	Deleted Files:
		libsm/path.c

0
Claus

Claus Aßmann wrote:

>         If header rewriting fails due to a temporary map lookup failure,
>                 queue the mail for later retry instead of sending it
>                 without rewriting the header.  Note: this is done
>                 while the mail is being sent and hence the transaction
>                 is aborted, which only works for SMTP/LMTP mailers
>                 hence the handling of temporary map failures is
>                 suppressed for other mailers. SMTP/LMTP servers may
>                 complain about aborted transactions when this problem
>                 occurs.
>                 See also "DNS Lookups" in sendmail/TUNING.

I think I encountered this problem after upgrading. Some messages is not
received by Cyris-IMAP via LMTP (cyrusv2d - RTCyrus2 from Andrzej Adam Filip).
This is a very small number of messages.

Dec  8 11:58:04 sendmail[279079]: sB87vswL279079: from=<info@another.example.com>,
  size=43750, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<548559EA.4070805@another.example.com>,
  bodytype=8BITMIME, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=relay3.another.example.com
  [10.20.20.20]
Dec  8 11:59:06 sendmail[279189]: sB87vswL279079: SYSERR(root): timeout writing
  message to imap.example.com.
Dec  8 11:59:06 sendmail[279189]: sB87vswL279079: to=<user@example.com>,
  delay=00:01:02, xdelay=00:01:01, mailer=cyrusv2d, pri=163750, relay=imap.example.com.
  [10.10.10.10], dsn=4.4.2, stat=Deferred: Name server: imap.example.ru.: host
  name lookup failure

I do not understand it:
"relay=imap.example.com. [10.10.10.10]" and
"imap.example.ru.: host name lookup failure"
at one time.

But it is only for this message. It remains in the spool:

Dec  8 12:21:06 sendmail[295353]: sB87vswL279079: SYSERR(root): timeout writing
  message to imap.example.com.
Dec  8 12:21:06 sendmail[295353]: sB87vswL279079: to=<user@example.com>,
  delay=00:23:02, xdelay=00:01:02, mailer=cyrusv2d, pri=253750, relay=imap.example.com.
  [10.10.10.10], dsn=4.4.2, stat=Deferred: Name server: imap.example.ru.: host name
  lookup failure

Many other messages are delivered right at this time. For <user@example.com>
also. The message sB87vswL279079 delivered after I change Sendmail to 8.14.9.

--
Regards, Sergey

0
Sergey
12/8/2014 9:10:45 AM
Sergey wrote:

> Dec  8 11:59:06 sendmail[279189]: sB87vswL279079: to=<user@example.com>,
>   delay=00:01:02, xdelay=00:01:01, mailer=cyrusv2d, pri=163750,
>   relay=imap.example.com. [10.10.10.10], dsn=4.4.2, stat=Deferred:
>   Name server: imap.example.ru.: host name lookup failure

cyrusv2d mailer works with LMTP, source of Cyrus-IMAP is not
contain the message "host name lookup failure".

--
Regards, Sergey

0
Sergey
12/8/2014 9:37:18 AM
Sergey  wrote:
> Claus Aßmann wrote:

> > If header rewriting fails due to a temporary map lookup failure,
> > queue the mail for later retry instead of sending it
> > without rewriting the header.

> > See also "DNS Lookups" in sendmail/TUNING.

> I think I encountered this problem after upgrading. Some messages is not

So did you follow the advice to read sendmail/TUNING?

> But it is only for this message. It remains in the spool:

Yes, that's what the doc says...

> Many other messages are delivered right at this time.

That's the problem with DNS lookups: you barely ever can reproduce
temporary failures...

See the doc what to do about this.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous
Sergey  wrote:

> Dec  8 12:21:06 sendmail[295353]: sB87vswL279079: to=<user@example.com>,
>   delay=00:23:02, xdelay=00:01:02, mailer=cyrusv2d, pri=253750, relay=imap.example.com.
>   [10.10.10.10], dsn=4.4.2, stat=Deferred: Name server: imap.example.ru.: host name
>   lookup failure

BTW:
Next time such a problem happens, run the queued item in verbose mode:

sendmail -qI.... -d21.4 -d9.1 -d38.20 -v

and check the output.
0
Claus
12/8/2014 1:13:31 PM
Claus Aßmann wrote:

>> I think I encountered this problem after upgrading. Some
>> messages is not
>
> So did you follow the advice to read sendmail/TUNING?

Yes, but I pointed to what I do not understand:

| I do not understand it:
| "relay=imap.example.com. [10.10.10.10]" and
| "imap.example.ru.: host name lookup failure"
| at one time.

> That's the problem with DNS lookups: you barely ever can
> reproduce temporary failures...

I hope that my DNSes working well...  NSes for "example.com" and
"10.10.10.in-addr.arpa" under my full control. Moreover, the mail
server has its own DNS cache. I do not think that the problem in
these zones.

Can this error be related to one of the zones in the "From" or
"To" fields of message header ?

Two related questions:
1. Why the error looks like received from "relay=imap.example.com" ?
2. Is it possible to show the real host name that caused the error ?

--
Regards, Sergey

0
Sergey
12/8/2014 1:44:33 PM
Sergey  wrote:

> Can this error be related to one of the zones in the "From" or
> "To" fields of message header ?

Any address field in the header.

> 1. Why the error looks like received from "relay=imap.example.com" ?

It's the server, right?

> 2. Is it possible to show the real host name that caused the error ?

That requires a source patch... maybe you can contribute one?

Anyway, I would simply turn that stuff off as explained in the docs.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous
article(s) at the end because it's annoying, shows that the poster
is too lazy to trim his article, and it's wasting the time of all readers.
0
Claus
12/8/2014 1:58:26 PM
Claus Aßmann wrote:

>> Can this error be related to one of the zones in the
>> "From" or "To" fields of message header ?
>
> Any address field in the header.

Hm. I did not think that this is checked too... The problem was
repeated. It is in this. "To" field contains a set of recepients
and only one is a user of imap.example.com:

To: <user@example.com>, <user@blah-blah-blah.ru>

> sendmail -qI.... -d21.4 -d9.1 -d38.20 -v

>>> RCPT To:<user@example.com>
>>> DATA
250 2.1.5 ok
354 go ahead
rewrite: ruleset canonify   input: ...
<skip>
getcanonname(bla-bla-bla.ru), failed, status=68
FAIL (2)
blah-blah-blah.ru: Name server timeout
<skip>
timeout writing message to imap.example.com.
<user@example.com>... Deferred: Name server: imap.example.com.: host name lookup failure

So, user@blah-blah-blah.ru is causing the problem...
Ok, FEATURE(`nocanonify') must be used. :-)

But messages in the log are difficult to interpret in this sense.

>> 1. Why the error looks like received from "relay=imap.example.com" ?
>
> It's the server, right?

Yes, but the problem is not with this server and not with user of
this server... Better would be

Deferred: timeout writing message to imap.example.com.

or this:

>> 2. Is it possible to show the real host name that caused the error ?
>
> That requires a source patch... maybe you can contribute one?

I can not promise this. I have been programming a long time ago.

> Anyway, I would simply turn that stuff off as explained in the docs.

I didn't expect that message in the log is not very reliable.

--
Regards, Sergey

0
Sergey
12/8/2014 5:58:01 PM
Sergey  wrote:

> >> 2. Is it possible to show the real host name that caused the error ?

> > That requires a source patch... maybe you can contribute one?

> I didn't expect that message in the log is not very reliable.

 Sorry, but the way the code handles this kind of temporary map failure
is "not nice" (and it's non-trivial to change it).
 It was already complicated enough to propagate the error "upwards"
(where it will treated as an I/O error...), so I did not spend too much
time on a "nice" error message.
 As I mentioned before: these DNS lookups should NOT be used on an MTA,
hence I added all that information to the docs...

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous
article(s) at the end because it's annoying, shows that the poster
is too lazy to trim his article, and it's wasting the time of all readers.
0
Claus
12/8/2014 6:26:15 PM
dear Claus,

the homepage should be updated too
http://www.sendmail.com/sm/open_source/download/

it still says 8.14.9

thanks for your great job.

// hans

0
ict
12/16/2014 10:02:20 PM
hans wrote:

> the homepage should be updated too

Let's say "It's complicated" :-(   I don't have (write) access
to that website...  Thanks for the reminder.
0
Claus
12/16/2014 11:04:06 PM
"ClausA�mann"  wrote in message
SENDMAIL RELEASE NOTES
A new map type "arpa" is available to reverse an IP (IPv4 or IPv6)
address. It returns the string for the PTR lookup, but
without trailing {ip6,in-addr}.arpa.

=====================
Is there a reason you went with this approach instead of the
{client_reverse} macro I suggested on January 3, 2013 in Message-ID:
<kc5evf$pd6$1@snarked.org>?

Also, does the DNSBL feature search for the IPv4 address if an IPv6 address
that contains an embedded IPv4 address doesn't match (e.g. "::/96" or
"2002::/16" addresses)?

D. Stussy wrote:

> Is there a reason you went with this approach instead of the
> {client_reverse} macro I suggested on January 3, 2013 in Message-ID:

Yes.

sm8 doesn't have a large macro space.
0
Claus
12/19/2014 12:25:14 AM
D. Stussy wrote:
> Is there a reason you went with this approach instead of the
> {client_reverse} macro I suggested on January 3, 2013 in Message-ID:

Yes.

sm8 doesn't have a large macro space.
============
OK.  That makes some sense:  It traded off CPU computation time for [macro]
memory.  I hope that no one is using a large number of DNSBLs in the
configuration file....

D. Stussy wrote:

> Also, does the DNSBL feature search for the IPv4 address if an IPv6 address
> that contains an embedded IPv4 address doesn't match (e.g. "::/96" or
> "2002::/16" addresses)?

Take a look at the feature...
AFAICT it works only for IPv4 addresses.
0
Claus
12/20/2014 1:01:49 AM
D. Stussy wrote:
> Also, does the DNSBL feature search for the IPv4 address if an IPv6
> address
> that contains an embedded IPv4 address doesn't match (e.g. "::/96" or
> "2002::/16" addresses)?

Take a look at the feature...
AFAICT it works only for IPv4 addresses.
================

My local version does more (works with IPv6 too).

This update just bit me (using NetBSD pkgsrc updates without looking closel=
y!).  I am seeing this :=20

550 5.7.1 <foo@bar>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged
[IPv6:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1]

on a previously untouched for years sendmail setup.

Is there a Q&D way to fix it?  I'm phasing out the sendmail server and my s=
endmail config clues are very very rusty indeed, but the box is still in us=
e - I can revert back to 8.14, but if it's as simple as "turn off IPv6 on t=
he server" then I won't have to do that.

0
Bleve
3/22/2015 4:29:59 AM
Bleve  wrote:

> 550 5.7.1 <foo@bar>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged
> [IPv6:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1]

> Is there a Q&D way to fix it?

Upgrade to 8.15.1.22 or look at its changes at least and "backport"
the ones you need.

Turning off IPv6 should do the trick too and fixing DNS for
that address might also help.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous
article(s) at the end because it's annoying, shows that the poster
is too lazy to trim his article, and it's wasting the time of all readers.
0
Claus
3/22/2015 11:52:51 AM
On Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 11:10:03 PM UTC+11, Claus A=DFmann -no-copies-=
please wrote:

> Upgrade to 8.15.1.22 or look at its changes at least and "backport"
> the ones you need.
>=20
> Turning off IPv6 should do the trick too and fixing DNS for
> that address might also help.
>=20

Thank you Claus, I've temporarily backed out to 8.14.9, pending what happen=
s with NetBSD's pkgsrc.   Is 8.15.1.22 an official release that they might =
pick up?

0
Bleve
3/22/2015 10:02:45 PM
Bleve  wrote:

> Thank you Claus, I've temporarily backed out to 8.14.9, pending what happens with NetBSD's
> pkgsrc.   Is 8.15.1.22 an official release that they might pick up?

8.15.1.22 is a snapshot.
I don't know NetBSDs policy.
0
Claus
3/23/2015 1:55:03 AM
On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 1:10:02 PM UTC+11, Claus A=DFmann -no-copies-p=
lease wrote:

> 8.15.1.22 is a snapshot.
> I don't know NetBSDs policy.

Understood - will this be "fixed/reverted to old behaviour" in 8.15.2 or so=
me other formal release or is it a permanent change?

Thanks again

Carl

0
Bleve
3/24/2015 1:45:02 AM
Bleve  wrote:

> Understood - will this be "fixed/reverted to old behaviour" in 8.15.2 or some other formal
> release or is it a permanent change?

Whatever is fixed in a snapshot will be in a subsequent "GA" release.

0
Claus

Sendmail 8.14.4 or Sendmail 8.15.0
Are either coming down the pipe? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising! Never Satan President Republic! Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. -Eric Hoffer ...

Sendmail 8.13.1 taking 1 minute to accept mail to be sent
Why could this be happening?? mc file: # # /usr/share/sendmail/cf/bsdi.mc # # Do not edit /etc/sendmail.cf directly unless you cannot do what you # want in the master config file (/usr/share/sendmail/cf/bsdi.mc). # To create /etc/sendmail.cf from the master: # cd /usr/share/sendmail/cf # mv /etc/sendmail.cf /etc/sendmail.cf.save # m4 < bsdi.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf # # Then kill and restart sendmail: # sh -c 'set `cat /var/run/sendmail.pid`; kill $1; shift; eval "$@"' # # See /usr/share/sendmail/README for help in building a configuration file. # # You m...

Sendmail Error (sendmail-8.13.1-2)
Hi I have followed the link http://www.madboa.com/geek/sendmail-auth/ for SMTP AUTH which was neatly explained. I am not able to send mails,I am faced with sendmail error in the maillog Jun 7 10:54:15 smpworld sendmail[9295]: k575OCRr009295: did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA And one more thing in my Mail Client Log, I get 10:55:22] SMTP< 220 *************************************************************************** [10:55:22] ESMTP> EHLO unknown [10:55:23] ESMTP< 250-smpworld.com Hello h-64-122-120.12.nat.saab.com [64.236.128.14], pleased to meet you ...

sendmail-8.12.10 vs. sendmail-8.12.8
Hi, What is the fundamental difference between sendmail-8.12.10 and sendmail-8.12.8? Right after I upgrade my RH9 (sendmail-8.12.8) to Fedora C1 (sendmail-8.12.10), my Mozilla can't send email any more. It will pop up an input box for me to authorize the smtp connection from my user account to localhost. This extra step was never necessary before. More over, even I input my right password, Mozilla will still fail the authorization. What is the right way to configure it so that this extra authorization step is not necessary? I searched on google before raising this question, and it se...

sendmail 8.15.2 available

Berkeley db 4.1.25, cyrus sasl 2.1.15 and sendmail 8.12.10
Is it possible to get run Berkeley db 4.1.25, cyrus sasl 2.1.15 and sendmail 8.12.10 together? On my system it did not work, only db 3.3.11, sasl 1.5.28 works with sendmail. Regs Teddy Teddy wrote: > Is it possible to get run Berkeley db 4.1.25, cyrus sasl 2.1.15 and > sendmail 8.12.10 together? AFAIK: yes. > On my system it did not work, only db 3.3.11, sasl 1.5.28 works with > sendmail. What's the error you got? -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in whi...

sendmail 8.14.1 available

sendmail.sendmail?
I'm setting up a newly configured server from the hosting provider, and the sendmail file is in /usr/lib/sendmail.sendmail I'm not sure why sendmail.sendmail is repeating. Is there some configuration remaining or do I just need to rename the file to sendmail? Thanks Dan DeLion <noemail@northpole.nowhere> wrote: > I'm setting up a newly configured server from the hosting provider, and the > sendmail file is in > /usr/lib/sendmail.sendmail > I'm not sure why sendmail.sendmail is repeating. Is there some > configuration remaining or do I just need t...

sendmail 8.13.1 available

unable to forward mail from 1 sendmail server to another sendmail server
Hi, i have a setup like this: box A ---> box B ---> sends to the world. sendmail, solaris 9. what is happening is as follows: Application on box A generates mail (for the users, who can be from anywhere) forwards it to box B which sends it out. The box A is forwarding mail to box B, only for the users of the domain, ie if there is a user is having a gmail id the mail is NOT forwarded from box A ----> box B. If i do a nslookup on gmail on box A it resolves properly. XXXXXX Message 2: >From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Oct 26 12:14:26 2005 Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) Fro...

too many sendmail 8.12.11 sendmail and mail.local processes
I noticed over 7000 sendmail and mail.local processes that eventually exhausted the system's swap space. The system is a Solaris 8 box running sendmail 8.12.11. Also, sendmail.cf has MaxDaemonChildren=500 set. The problem occurred after the system received over 60,000 large email due to a misbehaved application. 1. Why would there be more than 500 sendmail processes? I noticed the parent process for most of the sendmail processes is 1 and mail.local were spawned by sendmail, of course. I have the default MaxQueueChildren value which is unlimited. I noted over 7,000 o...

sendmail.8.12.9 on redhat 7.2 from sendmail.8.12.9.tar.gz downloaded from sendmail.org
Hi All Sendmail Gurus, I am trying to install sendmail 8.12.9 on redhat 7.2 (Not from rpm from tar.gz file downloaded from sendmail.org) Problem is I am not able to install the same (I am a new for installing sendmail from source) Kindly tell me how to compile the same for redhat7.2 and make it working. If possible pl. mansion the detailed steps for the same. (I have removed sendmail rpm from Redhat 7.2) Is there a rpm of sendmail 8.12.9 for redhat 7.2 Thanks in Advance, Bablu bablu_002@yahoo.com <bablu_002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi All Sendmail Gurus, > I am trying to install s...

sendmail 8.13.1 BT patches available
Hi HP3000-L, For those of you with HP software support, sendmail 8.13.1 beta patches are now available from the HP Response Center: SMLHDB9(A) for MPE/iX 6.5 SMLHDC0(A) for MPE/iX 7.0 SMLHDC1(A) for MPE/iX 7.5 This release is part of the regular vCSY product refresh cycle for sendmail, and primarily consists of all sendmail.org bug fixes since the previous MPE release of sendmail 8.12.1. But note that: 1) With the 6.5 patch, sendmail is now supported by HP on 6.5 for the first time. Previously you could run the 7.0 or 7.5 version of sendmail on 6.5, but it was never supported b...

sendmail 8.13.8 available

Web resources about - sendmail 8.15.1 available - comp.mail.sendmail

Hillary Clinton fires back at young voter who confronted her for being 'dishonest'
WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton on Monday fired back at a young voter who questioned her honesty and why she was losing to Bernie Sanders with young ...

Will Twitter Shakeups Make It Relevant Again?
Twitter just fired four top executives and plans to continue its corporate shakeups even more in the coming weeks, but will the changes make ...

Flint Water Bills — Government Threatens To Take Kids If Parents Don’t Pay
Flint water bills? Why is there still such a thing? Michigan government seems to lack morals to the fullest extent. It’s threatening to take ...

Makers of Controversial Planned Parenthood Video Face Felony Charges, Seemingly for Fake I.D.s
Makers of the controversial video made to shame Planned Parenthood by pretending to be researchers trying to purchase fetal tissue from the organization, ...

Couple casually takes stunning engagement photos in record-setting blizzard
For one Northeastern couple, buckets full of snow close to their wedding day is not so much a nightmare, but a dream come true Over the stormy ...

Watch India T20 Cricket Vs. Australia Live Online: Streaming Link, 1st Match Of World Cup Prep Series ...
Fans of the India cricket team will want to watch the first T20 match against Australia streaming live online Tuesday, as their country gets ...

ISIS video shows attackers committing atrocities before Paris siege
PARIS — A new video released by the Islamic State group purports to show the extremists who carried out the Nov. 13 attacks in Paris committing ...

Apple car project rumors remain unconfirmed amid hiring freeze report
AppleInsider reports that Apple executives are unhappy with the alleged car project's direction, instituting a hiring freeze on the project's ...

‘Batman V. Superman’: Darkseid Teased, Zack Snyder On Doomsday, And Lois Lane’s ‘Big Scene’ with Batman ...
The hype for the Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice movie is gaining. A lot of news has come out regarding the caped crusader and the last son ...

New features on the way to Cortana on Windows 10, rolling out now to Windows Insiders
Cortana is becoming an even better personal assistant on Windows 10, with new proactive reminders and calendar management features that Microsoft ...