Sendmail cannot send my mail

I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server
listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect
to the server).

The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla
mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully.

But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like:

Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670:
to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03,
xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net.
[66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer
red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net.

sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days
without success.

I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file,
cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of
months to no avail.

Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the
above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that
there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail
version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm.

Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a
dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside
world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am
not leaving out anything.

If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample
configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with
this particular version of sendmail?

Thanks in  advance.
Chris.
0
cga9999 (38)

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:46:19 -0800 cga wrote:

> I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server
> listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect
> to the server).

> But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like:
>
> Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670:
> to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03,
> xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net.
> [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer
> red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net.

What is "b.mx.mailbarn.net"? That host does not exist.

> Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the
> above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that
> there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail
> version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm.

Oops! That version has severe bugs! You should immediately update.

> Chris

Please post your sendmail.mc file.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:35:31 up 2 days, 21:23, load average: 0.41, 0.78, 0.68

0
news7940 (186)
11/23/2004 1:39:23 AM
Alexander Dalloz <ad+news@uni-x.org> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.11.23.01.39.22.530314@uni-x.org>...
rn.net.

First off thank you very much for your kind reply.

The context is this: I am switching from mozilla-mail to mutt. As you
probably know mutt does not integrate any MTA functionalities and
relies on a pre-existing transport agent to transfer messages either
to the local delivery system or to a remote MTA. Local delivery of my
messages works fine - i.e. I can send emails to other users on this
system.

Concerning email for non-local users:

1. I have an account with a local ISP (domain#1) who does not provide
any mail-related services - no SMTP, no POP, no IMAP..

2. I also have an account with "softhome" (domain#2) who provide both
POP3 download and an "SMTP server"

3. Both services are "closed" by requiring that the client identifies
himself by  a login procedure. When using mozilla mail a popup prompts
me for my account password (1) the first time I attempt to download
mail and (2) the first time I try to send an e-mail. In both cases the
authentication remains in effect for the duration of my mozilla-mail
session. "telnet softhome 25000" reveals that the supported
authentication protocol is "LOGIN PLAIN"

4. As part of their anti-spam policy the "softhome" MTA listens on
port 25000

5. The local machine runs RedHat linux 7.2 with the original sendmail
rpms that came with the distribution:

Name        : sendmail                 Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 8.11.6                   Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 3                        Build Date: Fri 31 Aug 2001
08:29:31

Name        : sendmail-cf              Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 8.11.6                   Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 3                        Build Date: Fri 31 Aug 2001
08:29:31

- I believe I gave the wrong version in my previous post.

As I see it there are three factors that may account for my
difficulties:

1. The remote MTA only accepts to relay mail from users/subscribers
with a valid account/password. This suggests that masquerading is not
used in this respect. In any case I need the local sendmail to go
through the motions of this authentication procedure and consequently
I somehow need to inform the local sendmail of my id/password together
with the address of the remote MTA host.

2. Their MTA only accepts incoming connections on port 25000. I
grepped the sendmail.cf file after doing the m4 step and I did find
two occurrences of "25000" in  context that seems to indicate that my
sendmail.mc file is correct in this respect.

3. Since my ISP and MSP (mail service provider?) are two different
entities and belong to two separate domains, I am not sure which is
which in the .mc file. I am thinking of this smart host business of
course but also of the masquerading, although I am unclear as to
whether I need it. As mentioned above I suspect that as far as
relaying goes they don't give a hoot but on the other hand it may
matter in case I get replies to the mail I send. Although it would
make sense that the remote MTA would ignore most everything in the
headers generated by my sendmail and munge it to whatever is more
convenient for them: replies to any mail that I send via the
"softhome" server would most likely be assumed to be sent to the
"softhome" server (?).

[...]

> What is "b.mx.mailbarn.net"? That host does not exist.

sorry.. wasn't sure so I changed "softhome" to "mailbarn".. should be
a.mx. or b.mx.softhome.net. I am so utterly confused by the whole
thing that I am getting paranoid.

[..]

> Oops! That version has severe bugs! You should immediately update.

lucky guess, then.. ok. I'll look for a replacement. It has to be in
rpm form and compatible with my current system. Otherwise I might as
well do a general upgrade to one of the Fedora's.

> Please post your sendmail.mc file.

This is the current version:

divert(-1)
include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`linux setup for Red Hat Linux')dnl
OSTYPE(`linux')
define(`confDEF_USER_ID',``8:12'')dnl
undefine(`UUCP_RELAY')dnl
undefine(`BITNET_RELAY')dnl
define(`confAUTO_REBUILD')dnl
define(`confTO_CONNECT', `1m')dnl
define(`confTRY_NULL_MX_LIST',true)dnl
define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES',true)dnl
define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/aliases')dnl
define(`STATUS_FILE', `/var/log/sendmail.st')dnl
define(`UUCP_MAILER_MAX', `2000000')dnl
define(`confUSERDB_SPEC', `/etc/mail/userdb.db')dnl
define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS',
`authwarnings,novrfy,noexpn,restrictqrun')dnl
define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
define(`SMART_HOST', `mail.softhome.net')dnl
define(`RELAY_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 25000')
define(`ESMTP_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 25000')
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
FEATURE(`no_default_msa',`dnl')dnl
FEATURE(`smrsh',`/usr/sbin/smrsh')dnl
FEATURE(`mailertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable.db')dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertablei.db')dnl
FEATURE(redirect)dnl
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl
FEATURE(local_procmail,`',`procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')dnl
FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -o /etc/mail/access.db')dnl
FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl
EXPOSED_USER(`root')dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl
FEATURE(nouucp, reject)dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(gavron.org)dnl
FEATURE(allmasquerade)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
Cwlocalhost.localdomain

I'm sure half of it is unnecessary and I would love to cut it down to
ten lines or less..!! If I only knew how..

Please accept my apologies for all the details you did not ask for but
I thought I'd describe the general context just in case. I'm sure
you'll be able to skim through it rapidly and find whatever may be
relevant.

Thank you very much for your help.

Chris.
0
cga9999 (38)
11/23/2004 10:54:22 PM
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:54:22 -0800 cga wrote:

> 5. The local machine runs RedHat linux 7.2 with the original sendmail
> rpms that came with the distribution:
>
> Name        : sendmail                 Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 8.11.6                   Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
> Release     : 3                        Build Date: Fri 31 Aug 2001
> 08:29:31
>
> Name        : sendmail-cf              Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 8.11.6                   Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
> Release     : 3                        Build Date: Fri 31 Aug 2001
> 08:29:31

> lucky guess, then.. ok. I'll look for a replacement. It has to be in
> rpm form and compatible with my current system. Otherwise I might as
> well do a general upgrade to one of the Fedora's.

You should update urgently. RH7.2 is unsupported in any way. The packages
it comes with have a lot of severe bugs unfixed (how much depends on what
you installed). It is not only Sendmail.

> This is the current version:
>
> divert(-1)
> include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')

> define(`SMART_HOST', `mail.softhome.net')dnl

Set the smarthost into squared brackets to prevent resolution. If you need
to use different hosts for relaying then use mailertable fature.

> define(`RELAY_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 25000')
> define(`ESMTP_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 25000')

The port is already changed. Good.

> FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertablei.db')dnl

There is btw. an "i" too much. Not related to the relay issue.

> Chris.

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/sm-812.html#812AUTH

Once upgraded your system and having a current Sendmail, place your
AuthInfo data into the access_db file as explained in the documentation.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 00:45:55 up 3 days, 19:33, load average: 0.58, 0.26, 0.28

0
news7940 (186)

Sendmail not sending mails immediately
Hello, We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails and we would like those mails to be sent immediately. Currently there are sitting in the queue a few minutes and then they get sent. I didn't configure anything differently no that box. And sendmail is running as the following: root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m My question now is: how do I configure sendmail to send immediately mails ? Regards > root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m > smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m Replace -q15m with -q1s Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. I should add that -q1s implies that sendmail will process the mail queue every single second... so it's unnecessary overhead. I suggest you try with -q1m so it's once every minute... it's not too bad, but it could still be too much overhead for your system. Try to find a compromise between response times and overhead. I suggest you read the sendmail manual page for further information about the command line options... Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. Syn <syn_NOSPAM_uw@hotmail.com> writes: >We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails an...

Sendmail refuses to send mail
Hi, only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Thanks in advance! --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= ...

How to configure sendmail to send mails
FUP from comp.lang.python Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 15:38:25 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 5/9/2013 4:29 =CE=BC=CE=BC, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 feedth= etroll =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: >>> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to >>> setip up to work. >>> i cannot connect to it via my python script. >> OK, I should have been more exact: >> To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent, >> Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ... >> >> DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (=3D"mailbox management", "pop3(s)", >> "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a >> WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails= ..) >> >> So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access, >> don't you) and configure it. >> >> But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic. >=20 > i as root just inatslled >=20 > sendmail and mailx. i have edited the ~/.mailrc to use: > > nikos@superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# cat ~/.mailrc > account gmail { > set smtp-use-starttls > set smtp=3Dsmtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 > set smtp-auth=3Dlogin > set smtp-auth-user=3Dmay)gmail > set smtp-auth-password=3Dmy_gmail_pass_not_stupid_enough_to_w...

send mail without.. sendmail ?
It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon running? Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more than I can handle as a part time admin. Thanks, bl8n8r bad_knee <bl8n8r@yahoo.com> wrote: > It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run > sen...

How to send mail without sendmail running?
I'm positive that I've sent email from a Linux system before, WITHOUT sendmail running. When I tried to do this on a Fedora Core 1 box running sendmail 8.12, I could not send email to anyone on the localhost, or to an outside domain. Is there a way to configure sendmail so that it's not running, but will still allow sending email to external domains, other users on that host, mail from cron jobs, etc.? -Thanks Fred <itfred@cdw.com> writes: >I'm positive that I've sent email from a Linux system >before, WITHOUT sendmail running. When I tried to do >t...

Cant send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
I use the netstat to get the following information: tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32768 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:32769 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:109 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:110 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 ...

Mail::Sendmail
perl doesn't like my return address. Does anyone know why? error message as follows-------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ perl mail_test.pl [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ Bad or missing From address: '' text of program follows---------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ vi mail_test.pl 1 #!/usr/bin/perl; 2 use Mail::Sendmail; 3 4 %mail = { To => "ccc31807\@yahoo.com", 5 From => "cartercc\@gmail.com", 6 Subject => 'Test of sendmail', 7 Message => "This is a test of sendmail"}; 8 9...

Send mail without running sendmail
I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services. In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get an error stating "Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]" in maillog file. Can somebody advise how I can point to external SMTP server for mail sending? Thanks. Karan wrote: > I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine > (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services. > > In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get &...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

Sendmaill not able to send mails to certain domains!!
Dear all I am having a problem in sending mails using Dialup (PPP) connections. I will explain the setup. I had configured a mail server in my office using Linux sendmail and Redhat 9, which handles the complete intranet and mails to internet.Now i am facing a problem in which i am not able to send mails to very few domains, like rediffmail.com and some more. for eg: root# telnet mail1.rediffmail.com 25 Trying mail1.rediffmail.com Closing connection of mail1.rediffmail.com Trying mail2.rediffmail.com Closing connection of mail1.rediffmail.com Trying mail2.rediffmail.com Closin...

send mail without running sendmail locally
Hi, I have 2 linux boxes, one of them running sendmail as MTA for my network, by using which we can send/receive mails to/fro internal/external mail IDs. Now, i want to send a mail from 2nd linux box (non-sendmail) to external domain mail Ids without running sendmail on it and rather, i want to use my sendmail server as RELAY. I configured my sendmail server to relay the 2nd linux box. Now, how can i send mail from 2nd linux box to outside world? Is there any command readily available or do i need to write any scripts for that? TIA Prvnrk Install sendmail, but don't allow it to start ...

Best way to send mail from sendmail server?
Hey all; I've got a sendmail (8.13.4) box primarily relaying from the outside to a number of inside locations. Problem is, this box also sends mail out itself, mostly reporting and such. Now any mail it generates is coming from "user@localhost" which resolves (naturally) to 127.0.0.1. I can add localhost to the access DB and it works fine, but I'm wondering if this is really the ideal way of doing things. Is there a way I can rewrite the sender domain from localhost to domain.com, or even host.domain.com? Thanks, Colin Colin B. wrote: > I've got a sendmail (8.13.4)...

sendmail won't send mail again
Hello! I want to use a perl CGI script behind apache to serve info inqueries and did something like the following: open(MAIL,"| $mailprog -t"); print MAIL "To: $to\n"; print MAIL "From: $webmaster_email\n"; print MAIL "X-Mailer: DaySpot Powered.\n"; print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n"; print MAIL "$message"; print MAIL "\n.\n"; close MAIL; Where From field is some yahoo email account. The apache runs as apache:apache. Now I find it couldn't send out ...

Sendmail keeps on sending mails (but I emptied queue)
Hi. I want to remove Sendmail messages queue. I've deleted every files within '/var/spool/mqueue/' (it's empty), but when restarting Sendmail, it tries to send more and more messages. I empty this directory, but when restarting Sendmail I find more messages again. Does anybody know to stop this queue? Thank you very much. If I do []# sendmail -bp I get: ---------------- /var/spool/mqueue (1 request) -----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient----------- k1K9vHU4705137 32233 Mon Feb 20 02:57 <myaccount@mydomain.com> ...

Problem sending mail with sendmail and php
When i send mail using mail() in php i receive from my external smtp server a message such that: Sep 3 17:30:15 xxxxxxx postfix/smtpd[898]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[yyyyyyyy]: 450 <apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it> to=<marco.pppppppppppppp@xxxxxxx.it> proto=ESMTP helo=<apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it> Where zzzzzzzzzz is name of the Linux machine uuu.hhh.it is the domain I need that sender is someone@uuu.hhh.it and not apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it Do you know where must i ...

Sendmail won't send mail hotmail.
Okay so I bought ipalaces.org through netfirms.com, I then transfered over the nameservers to zoneedit.com because I want to have better control of the DNS. I have ipalaces.org and *.ipalaces.org set to the IP 72.249.127.98 I am using Sendmail 8.13.8 on debian hosted on a virtual private server. I have asked my VPS host to set up a PTR record for ipalaces.org to point back to 72.249.127.98. I have the following setup for sendmail.mc MASQUERADE_AS(`ipalaces.org')dnl CLIENT_OPTIONS(`Family=inet, Address=72.249.127.98')dnl I have used make in /etc/mail/ to apply the changes to sendmail...

Sending HTML Mail via sendmail to Outlook 2000

mail::sendmail (SOMETIMES) get "bad file descriptor" error when mail not local
I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using CPAN I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server and I get my personel email at that address. The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for example, "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file descriptor" I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) I noticed that there is a soft link to qmail on the remote server, but it was my understanding that mail::Sendmail is independant of other mail programs. Is there some configuration file I can change to solve this problem? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Dave Dave Roberts wrote: > I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using > CPAN > > I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server > and I get my personel email at that address. > > The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the > recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for > example, > > "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file > descriptor" > > > I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I > configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) > > I not...

long sendmail delays when accepting mail, then long delays in sending
I'm using Sendmail 8.13.8 on a CentOS 5.2 machine. I'm seeing two problems when trying to send a test message with the simple command: echo "Subject: testfrombrainjammer154pm" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -v bhas@speakeasy.net One is that two long delays occur in the output of the command, as indicated below: [root@brainjammer ~]# echo "Subject: testfrombrainjammer154pm" | /usr/ sbin/sendm ail -v bhas@speakeasy.net bhas@speakeasy.net... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 brainjammer.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.8/8.13.8; Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:56:19 -040 0 >>> ...

Send mail script step
I have a file CLASSES with the classes of a school and a file STUDENTS with the students of the shool. The two files are related with the Class_ID field. I have a layout with the data from one record of the CLASS file and a portal showing all the students in that class. I want to use a script to sent e-mails to all the students in that class (assuming that there is a e-mail address field in students file). If I use the "Use all Recordn in found set" flag the mail is sent to all the studends of the school and not only to the students of that class. If I use "Use the current rec...

RedHat ES 3.0 send mail does sendmail need to be on
Does sendmail need to be on to send mail? LHradowy wrote: > Does sendmail need to be on to send mail? Most mail clients don't have a built in SMTP, so you need to configure the mailcleinet to use one and it don't have to be a local one. On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:41:05 -0600, LHradowy wrote: > Does sendmail need to be on to send mail? No. If your ISP gives you server names such as smtp.your-isp.com for outgoing and pop.your-isp.com for incoming, just use those addresses in your mail client and they will go via your ISP. Regards, Dave On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:41:05 -0600 LHr...

Web resources about - Sendmail cannot send my mail - comp.mail.sendmail

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...