Sendmail Deferring mail.

Hi All,
I have an issue with sendmail deferring mail when sending, mail is
just getting dumped in the mail queue and going no-where..

I'm getting the following error:

	May  8 21:40:43 wamzl100 sendmail[5723]: p491ehbX005723:
from=<root@wamzl100.xxx.com>, size=321, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<201105090140.p491edDd005720@wamzl100.xxx.com>, proto=ESMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1]
	May  8 21:40:43 wamzl100 sendmail[5720]: p491edDd005720:
to=xxx@xxx.com.au, ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:04,
xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=30010, relay=[127.0.0.1]
[127.0.0.1], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (p491ehbX005723 Message accepted for
delivery)
	May  8 21:40:43 wamzl100 sendmail[5725]: p491ehbX005723:
to=<xxx@xxx.com.au>, ctladdr=<root@wamzl100.xxx.com> (0/0),
delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=120321,
relay=xxx.com.au.s9b2.psmtp.com. [74.125.148.14], dsn=4.0.0,
stat=Deferred: Invalid argument

I have set the verbosity to 20, rather than the default of 9, and i'm
still getting no more info in my logs...

David Nedved <david.nedved@flightcentre.com.au> wrote in <5ac9476d-1d5b-4dc4-96cc-96a1081a9ba6@b7g2000prg.googlegroups.com>:
> Hi All,
> I have an issue with sendmail deferring mail when sending, mail is
> just getting dumped in the mail queue and going no-where..
>
> I'm getting the following error:
>
>        May  8 21:40:43 wamzl100 sendmail[5723]: p491ehbX005723:
> from=<root@wamzl100.xxx.com>, size=321, class=0, nrcpts=1,
> msgid=<201105090140.p491edDd005720@wamzl100.xxx.com>, proto=ESMTP,
> daemon=MTA, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1]
>        May  8 21:40:43 wamzl100 sendmail[5720]: p491edDd005720:
> to=xxx@xxx.com.au, ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:04,
> xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=30010, relay=[127.0.0.1]
> [127.0.0.1], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (p491ehbX005723 Message accepted for
> delivery)
>        May  8 21:40:43 wamzl100 sendmail[5725]: p491ehbX005723:
> to=<xxx@xxx.com.au>, ctladdr=<root@wamzl100.xxx.com> (0/0),
> delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=120321,
> relay=xxx.com.au.s9b2.psmtp.com. [74.125.148.14], dsn=4.0.0,
> stat=Deferred: Invalid argument
>
> I have set the verbosity to 20, rather than the default of 9, and i'm
> still getting no more info in my logs...

Who is issuing the "Deferred: Invalid argument"? I think you'll find that
it's xxx.com.au.s9b2.psmtp.com, though a tcpdump will tell you for sure.
If that is coming from xxx.com.au.s9b2.psmtp.com, then you need to look at
what your server is sending out that xxx.com.au.s9b2.psmtp.com thinks is
invalid.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea@mikea.ath.cx
On 05/09/11 08:18, mikea wrote:
> Who is issuing the "Deferred: Invalid argument"? I think you'll find
> that it's xxx.com.au.s9b2.psmtp.com, though a tcpdump will tell you
> for sure. If that is coming from xxx.com.au.s9b2.psmtp.com, then you
> need to look at what your server is sending out that
> xxx.com.au.s9b2.psmtp.com thinks is invalid.

You can also have Sendmail run the queue in verbose mode:

    sendmail -v -q

That should give you the needed information (the error message that the
receiving system is providing) with out the need to use a sniffer.

Grant. . . .
0
gtaylor (1357)

Mail::Sendmail
perl doesn't like my return address. Does anyone know why? error message as follows-------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ perl mail_test.pl [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ Bad or missing From address: '' text of program follows---------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ vi mail_test.pl 1 #!/usr/bin/perl; 2 use Mail::Sendmail; 3 4 %mail = { To => "ccc31807\@yahoo.com", 5 From => "cartercc\@gmail.com", 6 Subject => 'Test of sendmail', 7 Message => "This is a test of sendmail"}; 8 9...

Switch off the "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" mail from sendmail ?
Hello ! Now i have here a little freebsd 6.3 server. This server receive and send my lokal and worldwide emails. When this server receive a mail with unqualified local user sendmail automatic generate the mail that says "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender". Somewhere spam known now that this mail adress has a reciving server and can probe other names before @ ? My ideas now is the feature switched off and no generate this ugly mail ? The mail with unqualified username can delete now ? Can somwhere help me to find the right option in my *.mc sendmail configuration file ? Thanxs 4 ever !!! ....Jaro ------------------------------------------------------ #!/usr/bin/perl foreach $c (split(/ /,"4a 61 72 6f 6d 96 72 20 50 72 69 6e 7a 6c 65 72")) { print pack("C", hex($c)); } Hello, Take a look on PrivacyOptions=noactualrecipient ...

mail::sendmail (SOMETIMES) get "bad file descriptor" error when mail not local
I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using CPAN I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server and I get my personel email at that address. The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for example, "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file descriptor" I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) I noticed that there is a soft link to qmail on the remote server, but it was my understanding that mail::Sendmail is independant of other mail programs. Is there some configuration file I can change to solve this problem? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Dave Dave Roberts wrote: > I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using > CPAN > > I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server > and I get my personel email at that address. > > The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the > recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for > example, > > "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file > descriptor" > > > I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I > configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) > > I not...

Sendmail 8.14.3 not sendmail hugely attached e-mail files in a timely manner
What could be the problem. They seem stuck and I have to run sendmail -v -q manually just to get them to propogate. Any reason why? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising! Never Satan President Republic! If you cannot lead a family how can you pastor a church? The Doctor unleashed the infinite monkeys on 21/05/2009 00:07 producing: > What could be the problem. > > They seem stuck and I have to run sendmail -v -q manually just > to get them to propogate. > > Any reason why? With so little information, it's impossible to help you. How do you define "huge"? How long do you wait? What's in your mail logs? -- Rob MacGregor (BOFH) Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" ...

"Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service" misleading the Sendmail by BODY=7BIT in "mail from"
Hello. I ran into a situation where the Sendmail deceived by the Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service. MS ESMTP Service send to Sendmail MAIL FROM:<system@gosuslugi.ru> SIZE=12345 AUTH=<> BODY=7BIT but message is not 7BIT. It contain MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--2f2da5fd4e757bb09dce3cc4fd3fda88" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit in header, but ----59b9b79d39a2fcdcd7600d2d20592b5a Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit in some parts and real text in utf8. Sendmail loses one bit. :-( A second big problem - a huge E-Mail providers such as GMail or Mail.ru ignore the "BODY=7BIT" and messages accepted propertly. I find it difficult to prove that the problem should be resolved by the message sender or the postmaster of "Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service". Any idea ? -- Regards, Sergey. On 02/18/11 07:42, Sergey wrote: > I ran into a situation where the Sendmail deceived by the Microsoft > ESMTP MAIL Service. MS ESMTP Service send to Sendmail I think that's better worded as Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service is lying about being 7-bit. > MAIL FROM:<system@gosuslugi.ru> SIZE=12345 AUTH=<> BODY=7BIT > > but message is not 7BIT. It contain > > MIME-Version: 1.0 > Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--2f2da5fd4e757bb09dce3cc4fd3fda88" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > ...

sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ???????, ???????
Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? What can I do to fix this? sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? OS Solaris 10 Sendmail 8.13.6 Thanks Jeff spellman.jeff@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? > What can I do to fix this? > sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: > SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? > > OS Solaris 10 > Sendmail 8.13.6 &...

mail queues for sendmail
Hi: Sorry if these questions sound a bit naive, but lets say you define 4 mai= l queues (all in default group) q.1, q.2, q.3, q.4. Each are on different l= ogical volumes. If one queue fills up and there is no room left will sendma= il put the mail in a different queue? What is the processes here? Is it bet= ter to have one logical volume and 4 different directories instead. Thanks for your replies. > Sorry if these questions sound a bit naive, but lets say you define 4 mail queues (all in > default group) q.1, q.2, q.3, q.4. Each are on different logical volumes. If o...

mail function and sendmail
Hi all, The PHP manual states that: "The Windows implementation of mail() differs in many ways from the Unix implementation. First, it doesn't use a local binary for composing messages but only operates on direct sockets which means a MTA is needed listening on a network socket (which can either on the localhost or a remote machine). " Does this mean that the sendmail binary is NOT needed on windows? Also, the manual used to state that: "For the Mail functions to be available, PHP must have access to the sendmail binary on your system during compile time. If you use another mail program, such as qmail or postfix, be sure to use the appropriate sendmail wrappers that come with them. PHP will first look for sendmail in your PATH, and then in the following: /usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/ usr/etc:/etc:/usr/ucblib:/usr/lib. It's highly recommended to have sendmail available from your PATH. Also, the user that compiled PHP must have permission to access the sendmail binary." I couldn't find this in the manual anymore, is it still applicable? What if you are downloading the PHP binaries, do you need to worry about this? Thanks Taras Taras_96 wrote: > Hi all, > > The PHP manual states that: "The Windows implementation of mail() > differs in many ways from the Unix implementation. First, it doesn't > use a local binary for composing messages but only operates on direct > sockets which means a MTA is needed listening on a networ...

duplicate mails in sendmail
Our mainserver is down and all mails are now queing in the MX-backup-machine. It now would be nice to alter sendmail on the MX-backup so it would temporary deliver all the mails to a local mailbox but still try to send all the mails to the mainserver if it comes up again. I know this could be more or less easy done with some external mailers like procmail, but I'd like to know if this can be done inside sendmail. thnx, peter -- peter pilsl pilsl_usenet@goldfisch.at http://www.goldfisch.at In article <3f544d70$1@e-post.inode.at> peter pilsl <pilsl_usenet@goldfisch.at&g...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

mail routing in sendmail
Hi ALL network scenario we have a mail server running in the head office with say domain "test.com " having user ids like user1@test.com . we have say around 2000 mail ids there. Now i have setup the new mail server at branch office with sendmail 8.13 and cyrus-impad with user ids like user2@test.com and user3@test.com. we have say around 300 mail ids here we have point to point link between branch and head office. i am using SMART_HOST(trend Inter scan virus wall gateway running on windows) to relay outgoing mails to internet. The problem descrption On my mail server If i a...

Sendmail not delivering mail :-(
My /var partition on my RaQ server filled up, which appeared to be stopping Sendmail from running, so I moved /var/spool onto /home/var and symlinked it. Sendmail seems to now be running fine and accepting connections: [root@secure /]# ps ax | grep sendmail 9623 ? S 0:00 sendmail: QAA21395 freemail.com.: user open 11016 ? S 0:00 sendmail: accepting connections on port 25 However, no email is being delivered. I've also tried sending mail locally but that isn't delivered either :-( Any ideas? TIA, Jon Jon wrote: > My /var partition on my RaQ server filled up, which appeared to be > stopping Sendmail from running, so I moved /var/spool onto /home/var and > symlinked it. Sendmail seems to now be running fine and accepting > connections: > [root@secure /]# ps ax | grep sendmail > 9623 ? S 0:00 sendmail: QAA21395 freemail.com.: user open > 11016 ? S 0:00 sendmail: accepting connections on port 25 > However, no email is being delivered. I've also tried sending mail > locally but that isn't delivered either :-( > Any ideas? Hmm, how about checking the logfile? http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/doesnt.html -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? ...

PHP + SENDMAIL = mail()
What are the steps to configure PHP and sendmail on a linux BOX (Specifically Fedora Core 2 or 3) in order to make mail() function to work ? I haven't done any changes ... my configuration files are as they came with Fedora Core Distro Any relating links, tutorials would be usefull.... Thanks This is the ERROR THAT I GET: Failed delivery status Final recipient adevletoglou@redcatmedia.net Reason for failure 501 5.1.8 <apache@localhost.localdomain>... Domain of sender address apache@localhost.localdomain does not exist Reporting mail server localhost.localdomain What and where do I have to configure ? > Are you sure it's a PHP.INI issue, or something else? For instance - Does > the domain localhost.localdomain actually exist? Is this server local to > you or on a webserver someplace? Do you have an MTA running on this host? > Jerry thanks for your reply, Actually I am not sure what I have to do... Server is a linux box in my LAN... I do not know what you mean when you ask if the localhost.localdomain exists .... and I don't know what is MTA or if I have to have it running ... Below are some lines from sendmail.mc ... Ihaven't configured anything there... so if you thing that I have to edit something , pls tell me by example. DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtps, Name...

Mail Quota on Sendmail
hi i'm using sendmail for my office.can some one guide me installing mail quota over sendmail. By default the mailbox path is /var/spool/mail & it support a Maximum of 2.1GB's of mailbox. after that the mails start bouncing back & they used to be /var/spool/ mqueue & I want to set it to unlimited(size of my harddrive) for all the users. please help If anyone can guide me in installing the quota. hi please anyone help me in below matter i'll be very thankful to u Anshul Sendmail wrote: > hi > > i'm using sendmail for my office.can some one guide me installing mail > quota over sendmail. > By default the mailbox path is /var/spool/mail & it support a Maximum > of 2.1GB's of mailbox. > after that the mails start bouncing back & they used to be /var/spool/ > mqueue & I want to set it to > unlimited(size of my harddrive) for all the users. > > please help If anyone can guide me in installing the quota. On Jun 12, 2:27 am, Sendmail <chauhanans...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi > > please anyone help me in below matter > i'll be very thankful to u > > Anshul > > Sendmail wrote: > > hi > > > i'm using sendmail for my office.can some one guide me installing mail > > quota over sendmail. > > By default the mailbox path is /var/spool/mail & it support a Maximum > > of 2.1GB's of mailbox. > > after that the mails start bouncing b...

Mailing list with Sendmail ?
Hi, Is there a way, with Sendmail, to retrieve all email addressed received into a TXT file for instance ? That could help me for using this, for mailing list.... how to configure it ? Thanks On Mar 23, 9:06 am, Steve <st...@everybody.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way, with Sendmail, to retrieve all email addressed received > into a TXT file for instance ? > > That could help me for using this, for mailing list.... > > how to configure it ? > > Thanks check out http://www.klake.org/sma/ ...

Sendmail mail redirection
I am using sendmail running on an HP Intel based server loaded with Red Hat 7.2. My delima is that I was tasked with trying to capture email coming from a specific "external" email address and redirect it to a specific "internal" email address rather than the original recipient; it would be nice to potentially have it go to both the originally intended as well as the additional "mailbox". Any help in resolving this is greatly appreciated. ...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thought it might be related to some terminate symbol, so i tried: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -messagefile=msg.txt which should send message from a file, but still, i get std input waiting for input, and unable to terminate except for ^C.) i am using the fedora distribution by the way. thanks. In article <4100396a-486b-4d25-b2e7-8fcb753a8c63@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com> jack.monflower@gmail.com writes: >hello, >i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... >nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) >so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: > ># /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com >... Type in message using headers etc >. > >and that's it, the message would be sent. >however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail >terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "...

RH9 mail/sendmail behavior
On RedHat 7.2 (and most other distribution), it is possible to send e-mail with: "mail xxx@xxxx.xxx" when sendmail is NOT running as a daemon. On RedHat 9, this doesn't seem to be possible anymore. When sendmail is not running as a daemon, using "mail xxx@xxxx.xxx" will not work and the following error message will appears on maillog: stat=Deferred: Connection refused by [127.0.0.1] Mail gets correctly processed if sendmail is running as a daemon. But the port 25 is open. Is it possible to be able to send my administrative e-mail without having sendmail running ...

Web resources about - Sendmail Deferring mail. - comp.mail.sendmail

Don't mind the gap: deferring uni shown to give students academic edge
If the road from school to university for you or your teenager takes a short detour via the backpacking trails of Europe, do not be alarmed. ...

Official: Hyundai deferring car payments for furloughed federal workers
Filed under: Budget , Government/Legal , Hirings/Firings/Layoffs , Hyundai , Earnings/Financials Since the US government shut down early this ...

Obama may consider deferring deportation for millions
The White House is reportedly weighing executive actions the president could take

Deferring Six Figures on Wall Street for Teacher's Salary
In the last several years, hundreds of would-be finance professionals and management consultants have looked to teaching instead, the NYT reports. ...

Obama Putting Election Concerns Ahead of Jobs by Deferring Keystone XL Pipeline Decision, Critics Say ...
CNSNews.com was launched on June 16, 1998 as a news source for individuals, news organizations and broadcasters who put a higher premium on balance ...

Hyundai Deferring Car Payments For U.S. Federal Employees During Gov’t Shutdown
... far from it. Bills are still due for many affected by the shutdown, but Hyundai Motor says it wants to help any affected U.S. workers by deferring ...

IMF freezes SDR currency basket, deferring any yuan move
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has indicated that China's renminbi won't be added to the fund's basket of reserve currencies for at least ...

Sen. Cruz Blames Border Child Crisis On Obama Administration Order Deferring Deportations
Netflix is knocking it out of the park lately, so we have high hopes for this one: the provider is coming out with a 13-episode series Daredevil, ...

Microsoft removes manual upgrade option for latest Windows 10 update, deferring to Windows Update program ...
Microsoft has pulled the latest version of Windows 10 from its media creation site, reverting to the original Windows 10 operating system without ...

For NFL teams, deferring after winning coin toss is more than a 50-50 choice
In the NFL, it is now almost standard practice to kick off to start the game even after winning the coin toss.