sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hi,
when trying to start sendmail, I get

sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open

The file is there where it belongs in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib/, what
do I need to do?

Thanks and cheers,
Konrad

0
kombi1 (7)

In article <412ba7a7$1@news.ginko.net>,
Konrad Mathieu <kombi@removethis.ru> wrote:
>Hi,
>when trying to start sendmail, I get
>
>sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open
>shared object file: No such file or directory
>
>The file is there where it belongs in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib/, what
>do I need to do?

Install the library in the correct location? :-/

Hint: /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib is not normally a path that is
searched for shared libraries.

--
John Meissen                                           jmeissen@aracnet.com
0

Du (kombi) meintest am 24.08.04:

> when trying to start sendmail, I get

> sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so:

What tells

        ldd $(which sendmail)

> The file is there where it belongs in
> /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib/, what do I need to do?

If you won't put a link to an existing library directory then you
should add "/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib" to "/etc/ld.conf".

And then:
        ldconf
        ldd $(which sendmail)

Viele Gr��e!
Helmut
0
HHullen_BS (13)
8/25/2004 5:37:00 AM
"Helmut Hullen" wrote

> If you won't put a link to an existing library directory then you
> should add "/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib" to "/etc/ld.conf".
>
> And then:
>         ldconf
>         ldd $(which sendmail)

Thank you, that did help!

Viele Gr��e,
Konrad

ps. Hab' jetzt leider wieder "segmentation fault", poste nochmal an fr�herem
Faden

0
kombi1 (7)

jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I got this error when I tried to start Borland JBuilder X Foundation: jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What is libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3? Where can I get it? On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:45:15 -0800, Neo wrote: > What is libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3? A compatability library. > Where can I get it? Google. If you want a more specific answer, at least you have to tell us which distro you're using. Sybren -- (o_ Q: God, root, what is difference? //\ A: God can change the byte order on the...

Error: libgpc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
I usually compile m-files using deploytool and launch it on a grid server. However, at this time, I've got a weird error which is annoying me for several days. The code works fine and gives desired results when it is launched on the Matlab console as an m-file. But, if I try to launch it on the grid server after compiling, it provides the following error message (I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MCR 7.14 several times, but it didn't help): ----------------- ??? Invalid MEX-file '/home/wnam/.mcrCache7.14/CoMP_I1/toolbox/map/map/private/gpcmex.mexa64': libgpc.so: canno...

Can't do "gem update --system"
Hi, I've update the software on my linux box ( v4 to v5.0 http://clarkconnect.com/ ) upgrade something has gone screwy with my Ruby installation on the machine. Any ideas? My ruby/rails installation was working fine until I did the Linux update. Gem Update Affected (not that the 'md5.so' is actually there in the directory) [root@home ~]# gem --version 1.3.1 [root@home ~]# ruby --version ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-linux] [root@home ~]# [root@home ~]# gem update --system /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux/digest/md5.so: libcrypto.so.4: cannot open shared object ...

sendmail works from the command line, from the GUI, but not from web link. error: ld.so.1: /usr/lib/sendmail: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
I just installed sendmail 8.12.10 on a Solaris 7 (sparc) system. It works fine from the command line and from the GUI-based (dt) email, but won't run from our web server (linked via Perl Script). I keep getting the following error message: ld.so.1: /usr/lib/sendmail: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory I checked, and the libgcc_s.so.1 library IS on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and sendmail is on the PATH. Do you have any idea why it wouldn't work form a web link? The Perl link is from a web form (which worked fine until 8.12.10 was installed). The call to sendma...

built with --enable-shared but get error: libpython2.3.so.1.0: can't open shared object file
Hi, Please release me from my own private hell. Platform: SuSE 8.1 I'm installing python 2.3 tarball as follows: ../configure --enable-shared make make install When I simply type: % python I get: python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.3.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory This is really, really, frustrating. The file does in fact live in /usr/local/lib. Interestingly this is outside PYTHONHOME. How do I fix this silly problem (which the python install process should *never* let happen in the first place). -Doug turner@mmedia.is (D...

libXm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I get the following: /tools/dfII/bin/32bit/libSelect.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I therefore added /usr/local/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH as libXm.so.2 is there. I then get: Warning: XmeGetColorObjData(): not yet implemented! \o Incompatible Xm library detected! \o Label: 272 != 284 \o xmUseVersion: 2001 \o Motif version 2.1.-1717986918 must be installed. \o /tools/dfII/bin/32bit/libManager.exe is exiting with core file. \o Warning: XmeGetColorObjData(): not yet implemented! I think I am running openmoti...

gdm[####]: (null): cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I'm stumped by this gdm error/warning message in /var/log/messages. It doesn't specify what library is missing. However, I'm able to login to the desktop without any problems. I thought if I updated the gdm rpm the message would disappear but it did not. I've searched many a website and forum without finding a specific answer to this problem. The other strange thing I see is that gdm has two processes running once I enter the desktop. Maybe this could be the cause, I don't know, just a guess. How can I eliminate this second gdm process at startup? What coul...

File share, File Sharing, File Host
http://fileuplo.de File share, File Sharing, File Host -- questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it ...

iMPACT: "...cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Hi there, I'm trying to run Xilinx iMPACT under slackware. Why can't it find a shared library that's in the executable's directory? root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# impact impact: error while loading shared libraries: libImpactProcessor.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# ls libImpactProcessor.so libImpactProcessor.so* root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# root@Valine:~# echo $XILINX /opt/Xilinx root@Valine:~# echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin: /usr/games:/opt/www/htdig...

python make dies :libtk8.5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Trying to build python-2.6.2 ../configure --prefix=3D/usr/local --exec-prefix=3D/usr/local LDFLAGS=3D"-L/ usr/local" (runs through happily, had to make some libs local) make runs most of the way until=85 building '_tkinter' extension gcc -pthread -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall - Wstrict-prototypes -DWITH_APPINIT=3D1 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I. -I/tmp/ meld/Python-2.6.2/./Include -I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/usr/local/ include -I/tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2/Include -I/tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2 -c / tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2/Modules/_tkinter.c -o build/temp....

library.os.n problem: "cannot open shared object file: Error 40"
Having almost installed a new bit of software, I get this message: "error while loading shared libraries: libedit.so.0: cannot open shared object file: Error 40." I'd be very grateful if somebody could tell me (i) What this message means. (ii) Where the mailing list is where I could ask the responsible hacker to substitute something courteous for "Error 40". (iii) The location of concise, well-written documentation on how to USE libraries.so (as contrasted with how to create them). My system is Gentoo (last year's) onto which I've just done &qu...

FEDORA Core 1-> error while loading shared libraries: libbeecrypt.so.6: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied
I can't execute run the RHN applet, apt, or install an rpm on my system. Anytime I attempt to do so I get the following error: "error while loading shared libraries: libbeecrypt.so.6: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied" [see examples below] I've googled the error but haven't found much in the way of helpful info. Has anyone seen this? Do you have a suggestion for getting past this error? Thanks! Carlos -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- root@456squ9128 root]# sy...

I have created a shared library from an m file that loads data from a MAT file. I have included the MAT file with the M file and then compiled it. Unfortunately, it does not work. How do you correctly load a MAT file from within a function that is to be compiled into a shared library? load '<filename>.mat' does not work. Any ideas? Thanks, Scott Just to clarify: When compiling, I added the MAT file with the "-a" option and I can see it in the CTF archive. Sorry, I had overlooked a few things. It's working fine now. Thanks, Scott ...

Invalid MEX-file...cannot open shared object file
Hi, I'm trying to get the DIPimage toolbox ( http://www.diplib.org/ ) with Matlab 2010b. on Ubuntu I followed the instructions, but when trying to initialize the toolbox, I get the following error: _____________________________________________ Initialisation of DIPlib failed. The most probable cause is incorrect installation. Please make sure that the DIPimage distribution you is compatible with your operating system, architecture and/or MATLAB version. What follows is a diagnostic tool that should help debugging your installation: ...

Web resources about - sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - comp.mail.sendmail