sendmail ignores sendmail.cf

If i do a 'sendmail -C /etc/mail/sendmail.cf <adress>' everything works
fine, but just using 'sendmail <adress>' seems to ignore sendmail.cf?
There is even nothing like open(sendmail.cf) if i do an strace about this.

See for yourself, this is like it expect it:

nebula root # sendmail -C /etc/mail/sendmail.cf -v jan
tescht
..
jan... Connecting to mail.doubleslash.de. via relay...

but this not:

nebula root # sendmail -v jan
tescht
..
jan... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay...
jan... Deferred: Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]

Jan Schubert wrote:
> If i do a 'sendmail -C /etc/mail/sendmail.cf <adress>' everything works
> fine, but just using 'sendmail <adress>' seems to ignore sendmail.cf?
It seems to work, if i run a sendmail locally, but there should no
sendmail run there.
I just want to get the mails off the system. This is my short and simple
sendmail.mc, which seems to work using -C:

divert(0)dnl
include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl
VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail-procmail.mc,v 1.1 2003/04/24 21:18:58 avenj Exp
$')dnl
OSTYPE(linux)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
define(`LOCAL_RELAY', mail.doubleSlash.de)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl

Any hints?

TiA,
Jan
Jan Schubert wrote:
> If i do a 'sendmail -C /etc/mail/sendmail.cf <adress>' everything works
> fine, but just using 'sendmail <adress>' seems to ignore sendmail.cf?
It seems to work, if i run a sendmail locally as daemon, but there

Jan Schubert  wrote:
> If i do a 'sendmail -C /etc/mail/sendmail.cf <adress>' everything works
> fine, but just using 'sendmail <adress>' seems to ignore sendmail.cf?

Please read the release notes and sendmail/SECURITY.

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Claus A�mann wrote:
> Jan Schubert  wrote:
>
>>If i do a 'sendmail -C /etc/mail/sendmail.cf <adress>' everything works
>>fine, but just using 'sendmail <adress>' seems to ignore sendmail.cf?
>

> Please read the release notes and sendmail/SECURITY.
Thx. So, next question:
Is it safe to remove submit.cf or to link it to sendmail.cf? It is most
likely is not safe (otherwise they won't be splitted) - but is there
anything else what i should keep in mind doing so?

Thx,
Jan
Jan Schubert  wrote:
> Claus A�mann wrote:

> > Please read the release notes and sendmail/SECURITY.

> Is it safe to remove submit.cf or to link it to sendmail.cf? It is most
> likely is not safe (otherwise they won't be splitted) - but is there
> anything else what i should keep in mind doing so?

Why do you want to do that?
If you do it, sendmail will not work any longer.

What's the problem you are trying to solve?

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
0
Claus
1/5/2004 4:42:24 PM
Claus A�mann wrote:
> Why do you want to do that?
It's just i want to have/handle one cf-File, and the sendmail.cf is the
one which i know...

> If you do it, sendmail will not work any longer.
Hm, at least command line will work without submit.cf (seems it is using
sendmail.cf instead).

> What's the problem you are trying to solve?
I just want to get mails off my system using sendmail (not running in
daemon mode). Local mails should be processed by a specific Server, any
other might go out directly (or via the specific Server above).

Any smarter solution?

Merci,
Jan
Jan Schubert  wrote:
> Claus A�mann wrote:
> > Why do you want to do that?
> It's just i want to have/handle one cf-File, and the sendmail.cf is the
> one which i know...

Please reread sendmail/SECURITY.

> > If you do it, sendmail will not work any longer.
> Hm, at least command line will work without submit.cf (seems it is using
> sendmail.cf instead).

It will break the new security model.

> > What's the problem you are trying to solve?
> I just want to get mails off my system using sendmail (not running in
> daemon mode). Local mails should be processed by a specific Server, any
> other might go out directly (or via the specific Server above).

> Any smarter solution?

If you really want the old model:
see sendmail/SECURITY:

Set-User-Id
--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
0
Claus
1/5/2004 5:33:42 PM
Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert@GMX.li> writes:

>I just want to get mails off my system using sendmail (not running in
>daemon mode). Local mails should be processed by a specific Server, any
>other might go out directly (or via the specific Server above).

>Any smarter solution?

You can put your server as an argument in the "FEATURE(msp)"
line of submit.cf .

0
nn (690)

sendmail.cf and sendmail.mc
A simple question: is there a way to include parts of sendmail.cf in sendmail.mc? Thank you. Marco Verago. Marco Verago schrieb: > A simple question: is there a way to include parts of sendmail.cf in > sendmail.mc? Not a simple question at all, as I can't for the life of it imagine what you are actually wanting to achieve. sendmail.cf is generated from sendmail.mc, so you seem to be creating a sort of circular dependency here. Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt@phoenixsoftware.de> writes: > Marco Verago schrieb: > > > A simple question: is there a way to include parts of sendmail.cf in > > sendmail.mc? > > Not a simple question at all, as I can't for the life of it imagine > what you are actually wanting to achieve. sendmail.cf is generated > from sendmail.mc, so you seem to be creating a sort of circular > dependency here. Maybe he's looking for LOCAL_RULESETS, LOCAL_CONFIG, LOCAL_RULE_3, etc., which allow you to put .cf code in the .mc file. See the cf/README file for more info. -- Michael Fuhr http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/ Marco Verago wrote: > A simple question: is there a way to include parts of sendmail.cf in > sendmail.mc? YES e.g. http://www.sendmail.org/m4/tweaking_rulesets.html -- Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@priv.onet.pl anfi@xl.wp.pl Home Page http://anfi.homeunix.net/ [ PageRank 6 ] *Random Epigram* : Don't judge a man by the words of his mother, listen to the comments of his neighbou...

Rebuild sendmail.mc from sendmail.cf
I inheirited an a Redhat system that acts as a mail server, using sendmail. I want to upgrade Sendmail from 8.11 to 8.13, but there are TONS of changes in the sendmail.cf file that were not made in the sendmail.mc file. Does anyone know of a way to create an sendmail.mc file from a sendmail.cf file? Barring that, any suggestions? Thanks in advance, -- Brett B Schlank wrote: > I inheirited an a Redhat system that acts as a mail server, using > sendmail. > > I want to upgrade Sendmail from 8.11 to 8.13, but there are TONS of > changes in the sendmail.cf file that were not made in the sendmail.mc > file. > > Does anyone know of a way to create an sendmail.mc file from a > sendmail.cf file? Barring that, any suggestions? > > Thanks in advance, > > -- Brett Ever try to unscramble an egg?? Best I can suggest is get a .mc file you believe is a close as possible to the one that generated your .cf file and make a .cf from it. Then diff the resulting .cf with your .cf and try to scope out what generated the differences. -- Clem "If you push something hard enough, it will fall over." - Fudd's first law of opposition B Schlank wrote: > I inheirited an a Redhat system that acts as a mail server, using > sendmail. > > I want to upgrade Sendmail from 8.11 to 8.13, but there are TONS of > changes in the sendmail.cf file that were not made in the sendmail.mc > file. > > Does anyone know...

get sendmail.mc back from sendmail.cf
Hi :) I accidentaly erased my sendmail.mc file but I still have the resulting sendmail.cf. I was wondering if there was a way to get my sendmail.mc back using sendmail.cf ? Thanks a lot for any hints. Regards, Antoine On 2004-10-12, Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org> wrote: > I accidentaly erased my sendmail.mc file but I still have the resulting > sendmail.cf. > I was wondering if there was a way to get my sendmail.mc back using > sendmail.cf ? No backups? As someone pointed out in a different context, turning a pig into a sausage is relatively straightforward, but reversing the process is not. -- -John (john@os2.dhs.org) Antoine Jacoutot wrote: > I accidentaly erased my sendmail.mc file but I still have the resulting > sendmail.cf. > I was wondering if there was a way to get my sendmail.mc back using > sendmail.cf ? http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/more.html#CF2MC -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? John Thompson wrote: > On 2004-10-12, Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org> wrote: >> I accidentaly erased my sendmail.mc file but I still have the resulting >> sendmail.cf. >> I was wondering if there was a way to get my sendmail.mc back using >> sendmail.cf ? > > No backups? No, the box just got insta...

Combining To and From directives in sendmail.mc(sendmail.cf)

sendmail.cf.rpmnew, but no sendmail.mc.rpmnew?
Hi, I believe this question was asked in comp.mail.sendmail back in 2003, but was never fully resolved. Since it refers to an rpm specific update, I'm not really certain this is the ideal group to post to; my apologies if it is not. I just updated to sendmail 8.14.1-4.2.fc6 using yum on FC6, and found a sendmail.cf.rpmnew file. There are numerous changes in this .cf file that seem important, but they will certainly be overwritten the next time the sendmail service restarts and the .mc file is processed. Are we expected to search our existing .mc files, and make them match the newest changes from the sendmail.cf.rpmnew file? I don't even believe that all of the changes could be made to match by revising the .mc file alone. Wouldn't it make more sense for both new sendmail.cf.rpmnew and a sendmail.mc.rpmnew files to have been distributed? Apologies if this is a well documented faq that I missed in my search. My hopes are that this is just a packaging error. Thanks for all responses, Steven Stromer stevenstromer wrote: > Hi, > > I believe this question was asked in comp.mail.sendmail back in 2003, > but was never fully resolved. Since it refers to an rpm specific > update, I'm not really certain this is the ideal group to post to; my > apologies if it is not. > > I just updated to sendmail 8.14.1-4.2.fc6 using yum on FC6, and found > a sendmail.cf.rpmnew file. This is a Fedora related question and still has to do with the RPM ...

[HELP] sendmail.cf <-> sendmail.mc
hi i'm starting to migrate from Rh to Debian and I have a probleme with conf files on Rh there is Kit-jussieu and i work with m4 my question : how can i have Mlocal, Path=/usr/bin/procmail .... or DHmachine DMdomain CM dom doma domain DR relay1:relay2 with m4 I haven't see it in doc thank you On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:43:17 +0200 leconte.jerome1 wrote: > i'm starting to migrate from Rh to Debian and I have a probleme with > conf files IIRC Debian has local documentation. > on Rh there is Kit-jussieu and i work with m4 what is "Kit-jussieu"? > my question : > how can i have > with m4 > > I haven't see it in doc http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html Alexander -- Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999 PGP fingerprint: 2307 88FD 2D41 038E 7416 14CD E197 6E88 ED69 5653 leconte.jerome1 wrote: > Mlocal, Path=/usr/bin/procmail .... See cf/README, e.g., LOCAL_MAILER_PATH [/bin/mail] The program used to deliver local mail. > or > DHmachine > > DMdomain > CM dom doma domain > > DR relay1:relay2 What are you trying to achieve? Do you want to set the macro 'H' or do you want to configure a MAIL_HUB? The latter is explained in cf/README. PS: you can look at cf/m4/proto.m4 et.al. to see the macro names that are associated with m4 variables. -- A: Maybe because some peop...

[Sendmail] Strange sendmail log...
Hello. I ran linux web+sendmail server for years. Recently i was noticed that my server appointed as spam mail sending black list. When i look into my sendmail log, it was surprising. Some Brizilian spammers are sending massive spam mail via my box. I think there was some hole in user name "apache". Now i'm changed username apache --> apache2, but it is same. Sendmail Version = starting daemon (8.13.4): SMTP+queueing@01:00:00 ---- sendmail log. Jun 3 18:50:47 node sendmail[16954]: j539ojU6016954: from=<>, size=4982, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<20050603141608.BD64019016@zion.a lanet.com.br>, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=caams.alanet.com.br [200.199.221.19] Jun 3 18:50:48 node sendmail[16955]: j539ojU6016954: to=<apache@node.cybok.com>, delay=00:00:02, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri =35188, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent Jun 3 18:51:03 node sendmail[16958]: j539p3AR016958: mx.uol.com.br [200.221.4.129] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connect ion to MTA ...... Jun 7 11:05:01 node sendmail[31713]: dangerous permissions=40755 on queue directory /var/spool/clientmqueue/ Jun 7 11:05:01 node sendmail[31713]: j5725180031713: SYSERR(apache2): collect: Cannot write ./dfj5725180031713 (sm_io_flush||sm_io_ error, uid=1002, gid=106): Input/output error Jun 7 11:05:01 node sendmail[31713]: j5725180031713: from=apache2, size=4929, class=0, nrcpts=1, relay=apache2@localhost Jun 7 11:05:01 node sendmail[31713]: j5725180031713: 0: fl=0x0,...

DRAC, missing sendmail.mc, what must be edited in sendmail.cf?
Hi all, on our Suse 8.2 box, we want to implement pop-before-smtp with qpopper and DRAC. qpopper was compiled with --with-drac option, dracd is started and drac.db file is filling up with ip addresses when users successful login to the pop server. So, obviously most of the work is done, but I have problems telling sendmail to use drac.db file for relaying. Here is what DRAC's INSTALL file says about sendmail integration: ---snip--- Modify sendmail.cf: For sendmail 8.9.0, add the following to your .mc file under LOCAL_CONFIG... # dynamic relay authorization control map Kdrac btree /etc/mail/dracd and the following under LOCAL_RULESETS... SLocal_check_rcpt # allow recent POP/IMAP mail clients to relay R$* $: $&{client_addr} R$+ $: $(drac $1 $: ? $) R? $@ ? R$+ $@ $#OK and then re-make the .cf file ---snip--- Unfortunately, I do not have any sendmail.mc file on my machine. Should I edit sendmail.cf directly? And how would this look like in sendmail.cf? Regards Gerhard Gerhard Hofmann wrote: > on our Suse 8.2 box, [...] > Unfortunately, I do not have any sendmail.mc file on my machine. Should > I edit sendmail.cf directly? And how would this look like in > sendmail.cf? http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section5.html#5.3.2.1 5.3.2.1 -- Where is the sendmail.mc file on SuSE Linux? Date: May 5, 2002 -- Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@priv.onet.pl anfi@xl.wp.pl http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi *Random E...

sendmail and cyrus
until now i have a mailserver (based on SuSE 8.2) that delivers incoming mail to /var/spool/mail and users get it via pop3/qpopper. now i want imap access and installed cyrus. cyrus seems to work, (windows-) clients can access it and create new mailboxes. but incoming mail does not appear there. it still goes to /var/spool/mail. how should this work if it worked? does cyrus fetch the mail from /var/spool/mail or must sendmail deliver it straight to cyrus? cyrus documentation does not loose a word over sendmail and vice versa. what piece of configuration is missing here? does anyone know how ...

Sendmail/Sendmail Processes Hanging
Hi there, I have a problem with my RedHat 7.2 (2.4.18-26.7.x kernel) box and sendmail. We have recently been finding many many stuck sendmail processes where seemingly the first process freezes and all later ones then start but fail to log or complete in any way. We were running an old (8.11) version of sendmail so I have upgraded from source to the latest 8.13.6 and replaced the binary and config files ok. The new version runs fine and all seems to work. But... the problem continues. I have attached a copy of the relevant parts of a ps and netstat etc... below. I thought this might be some sort of DoS hence the upgrade and I also tinkered with timeouts but with no joy. One thing that has changed from 8.11 to 8.13 is that under 8.11 as well as cmd read and data states some of the frozen connections were showing "child wait". Any help most gratefully appreciated. Cheers, Dave. SENDMAIL.MC: divert(0)dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: generic-linux.mc,v 8.1 1999/09/24 22:48:05 gshapiro Exp $') undefine(`UUCP_RELAY') undefine(`BITNET_RELAY') define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES',true) define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail') define(`confDOMAIN_NAME',`mail.ourdomain.com') define(`confTO_COMMAND',`2m') define(`confQUEUE_LA',8) define(`confREFUSE_LA',12) define(`confDELAY_LA',4) define(`confTO_DATABLOCK',`5m') define(`confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG',`Sendmail Mailer; $b') OSTYPE(linux)dnl DOMAIN(generic)dn...

unable to forward mail from 1 sendmail server to another sendmail server
Hi, i have a setup like this: box A ---> box B ---> sends to the world. sendmail, solaris 9. what is happening is as follows: Application on box A generates mail (for the users, who can be from anywhere) forwards it to box B which sends it out. The box A is forwarding mail to box B, only for the users of the domain, ie if there is a user is having a gmail id the mail is NOT forwarded from box A ----> box B. If i do a nslookup on gmail on box A it resolves properly. XXXXXX Message 2: >From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Oct 26 12:14:26 2005 Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> To: <amit@www.domainname.com> MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure) This is a MIME-encapsulated message --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com The original message was received at Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) from localhost [127.0.0.1] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <amitka@gmail.com> (reason: 550 Host unknown) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 550 5.1.2 <amitka@gmail.com>... Host unknown (Name server: mailhost.domainame.com: host not found) --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com Content-Type: message/delivery-status Reporting-MTA: dns; www.domainname.com Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost Arrival-Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) Final-Recipient: RFC822; amitk...

too many sendmail 8.12.11 sendmail and mail.local processes
I noticed over 7000 sendmail and mail.local processes that eventually exhausted the system's swap space. The system is a Solaris 8 box running sendmail 8.12.11. Also, sendmail.cf has MaxDaemonChildren=500 set. The problem occurred after the system received over 60,000 large email due to a misbehaved application. 1. Why would there be more than 500 sendmail processes? I noticed the parent process for most of the sendmail processes is 1 and mail.local were spawned by sendmail, of course. I have the default MaxQueueChildren value which is unlimited. I noted over 7,000 of these messages in syslog during the time of the incident; Jun 12 09:02:04 peace sendmail-mta[22621]: j5CD04jr022619: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:03:03 peace sendmail-mta[23982]: j5CD13Ef023979: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:04:36 peace sendmail-mta[26086]: j5CD2aaO026076: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:05:38 peace sendmail-mta[27455]: j5CD3bKd027452: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:06:01 peace sendmail-mta[27939]: j5CD411x027931: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:06:16 peace sendmail-mta[28248]: j5CD4GmD028243: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 8 S root 8888 1 0 49 20 69174...

Sendmail
Can any one help me setting up my mail server. I have 3 different domains i want to set that up in one m/c. Help What M/C are you Planning on Using - Outlook Express, Outlook Etc. Kevin bhavingsi@yahoo.com (Bhavin) wrote in message news:<49df75f0.0407150718.21c23a7e@posting.google.com>... > Can any one help me setting up my mail server. I have 3 different > domains i want to set that up in one m/c. > > Help ...

sendmail
I'm having trouble configuring sendmail. The OS is redhat 9. I'm not new to linux. I'm trying to use the PHP function mail() and it only sends the mail message to the root user instead of the intended recipient. I want it to be forwarded to an exchange 5.5 box (our mail server). Any help? Any good links to sites that might help me? I haven't found what i'm looking for at sendmail.org. Thanks in advance to any help. jedge wrote: > I'm having trouble configuring sendmail. The OS is redhat 9. I'm not > new to linux. I'm trying to use the PHP funct...

Sendmail
I have the 7.0 version of Sendmail installed and working okay sending mail to addresses within our qualchoice.com domain but cannot send anywhere else. Get the following error message Name server: yahoo: host name lookup failure when trying to send to my yahoo.com address. As far as I know all the configuration is pretty much the defaults. Any Sendmail gurus know what I have to do to get this working? TIA. John Bawden QualChoice __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search http://shopping.yahoo.com * To joi...

sendmail
Is there a way to add hyperlinks to the body of an email message using the sendmail function? I am using Microsoft Outlook. ...

Sendmail
Just one theoretycal question, is there any program or some option that would force sendmail to pickup mail with some kind of POP connector from the other server, like it works on MS Exchange??? On Sun, 23 May 2004 16:35:24 +0200, John <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote: > Just one theoretycal question, is there any program or some option that > would force sendmail to pickup mail with some kind of POP connector from the > other server, like it works on MS Exchange??? Sendmail sends mails, it doesn't fetch mail. You can use fetchmail for that :) Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Bent Hindrup Andersen, Danish MEP, about the Software Patent Directive: The approach of the Commission and Council in this directive is shocking. They are making full use of all the possibilities of evading democracy that the current Community Law provides. <http://lwn.net/Articles/84009/> On Sun, 23 May 2004 16:35:24 +0200, John <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote: > Just one theoretycal question, is there any program or some option that > would force sendmail to pickup mail with some kind of POP connector from the > other server, like it works on MS Exchange??? How about fetchmail? Check it out: http://catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/ -- -- Skylar Thompson (skylar@cs.earlham.edu) -- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/ ...

Sendmail 8.14.3 not sendmail hugely attached e-mail files in a timely manner
What could be the problem. They seem stuck and I have to run sendmail -v -q manually just to get them to propogate. Any reason why? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising! Never Satan President Republic! If you cannot lead a family how can you pastor a church? The Doctor unleashed the infinite monkeys on 21/05/2009 00:07 producing: > What could be the problem. > > They seem stuck and I have to run sendmail -v -q manually just > to get them to propogate. > > Any reason why? With so little information, it's impossible to help you. How do you define "huge"? How long do you wait? What's in your mail logs? -- Rob MacGregor (BOFH) Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" ...

routing sendmail through another sendmail server
Hi all; I have a SendMail issue. Please help, as I am a newbie with Sendmail: We have a server (weasel.foo.org) that has a port opened in our firewall to an Exchange server in a DMZ. I can send mail from this server to our Exchange server just fine. However, we have other servers that generate e-mail from various scripts, processes, applications, etc. that we would like to receive as well. The idea is to use weasel as a relay to forward the mail through the firewall, instead of setting up a bunch of firewall rules to allow mail from numerous servers. On one such server (hobbes), I have my s...

sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ???????, ???????
Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? What can I do to fix this? sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? OS Solaris 10 Sendmail 8.13.6 Thanks Jeff spellman.jeff@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone else get this error messages. What does this mean?? > What can I do to fix this? > sendmail sendmail[12024]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] k560CUvG012024: > SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from ??????, ???? > > OS Solaris 10 > Sendmail 8.13.6 > > Thanks > Jeff > The sender didn't complete a particular phase of the smtp protocol. Possibly completed the helo xxxxx.xxx but not the mail from:, or neither. Basically it means they hung up on you. Telnet to your mailer and experiment with incomplete stanzas, begining with helo..., mail from:..., rcpt to:..., data... and drop the connection before completing each stanza. Bonus points for using log level 15 or greater. dp ...

Basic LDAP/SendMail Questions from SendMail Newby
Besides how to spell SendMail, I know nothing about SendMail though I am generally knowledgable about mail servers and LDAP in general. My new employer has SendMail up and running fine. They also have some email address or "groups" that you can send mail to and every member of that group will get the mail. The "Issue" is that the email system is not connected in any fashion to our Corporate LDAP tree consisting of many E-Directory and ADS Trees. My mission in life is to try and tie the Sun Mail servers more directly into our other LDAP systems. I have been "told" a few things but I would like find out what is and what is not possible before I delve too far into the SendMail manuals since I will never be the SendMail guy, but just the LDAP directory guy. 1) I was told that it would be possible to configure SendMail so that we no longer create accrounts directly on our Sun boxes directly, but instead the SendMail server would be pointed at an LDAP server and if the user existed there, it would automagically become a valid email account. If this is true, it would be wonderful but I have my doubts. 2) Is it possible to configure a group in LDAP ( Preferable in an Active Directory Domain ) so that when it is sent to the SendMail server as an email recipient the SendMail server will detect that it is an LDAP Group and forward the mail to each member of that group. ITHOWTO@gmail.com writes: > [...] > 1) I was told that it would be possibl...

Where is the complete sendmail.mc file in Sendmail source?
I have installed sendmail from source. Following the README instructions I did: cd cf/cf cp generic-linux.mc sendmail.mc make install-cf It creates a /etc/mail/sendmail.cf The questions is: How to I get a complete sendmail.mc file after installing sendmail from source? The only sendmail.mc file available is a small file whith few definitions (about 6 lines) What about other definitions in the devtools/Site/site.config.m4 file? They must be in this sendmail.mc too! In article <1191684628.673255.257500@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, leoh <leonardomachado@gmail.com> wrote: > I have installed sendmail from source. > > Following the README instructions I did: > > cd cf/cf > cp generic-linux.mc sendmail.mc > make install-cf I think you did not understand the README. It is uncommon for a generic ..mc file to be a reasonable source for any specific functioning mail system. The generic .mc files that come in the Sendmail distribution are best used as starting points for the .mc you actually use. > It creates a /etc/mail/sendmail.cf > > The questions is: How to I get a complete sendmail.mc file after > installing sendmail from source? You create one yourself. The .mc files included in the distribution are examples that you can use as starting points for making your own .mc for your own needs. > The only sendmail.mc file available is a small file whith few > definitions (about 6 lines) A working .mc can be ver...

sendmail.cf
Which .mc files are used to generate the distribution /etc/mail/sendmail.cf and /etc/mail/submit.cf files? Dave Uhring <daveuhring@yahoo.com> wrote: > Which .mc files are used to generate the distribution > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf and /etc/mail/submit.cf files? > I believe, respectively, /usr/share/sendmail/cf/openbsd-proto.mc and /usr/share/sendmail/cf/openbsd-localhost.mc On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:09:34 -0700, William Ahern wrote: > Dave Uhring <daveuhring@yahoo.com> wrote: >> Which .mc files are used to generate the distribution >...

Web resources about - sendmail ignores sendmail.cf - comp.mail.sendmail

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...