Sendmail keeps on sending mails (but I emptied queue)

Hi.

I want to remove Sendmail messages queue. I've deleted every files
within
'/var/spool/mqueue/' (it's empty), but when restarting Sendmail, it
tries to
send more and more messages.

I empty this directory, but when restarting Sendmail I find more
messages again.

Does anybody know to stop this queue?

Thank you very much.

If I do
[]# sendmail -bp
I get:
----------------
                /var/spool/mqueue (1 request)
-----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time-----
------------Sender/Recipient-----------
k1K9vHU4705137    32233 Mon Feb 20 02:57 <myaccount@mydomain.com>
      8BITMIME   (Deferred: Name server: anotherserver.com.: host name
lookup fai)
                                         <director@diarioleon.com>
                Total requests: 1
------------------

Sendmail it's stopped now. If I empty 'mqueue' directory, and restart
Sendmail, I get another message.

If I restart Sendmail, I get these two lines within /var/log/maillog:

Feb 20 02:15:22 www sendmail[5850]: k1KAF921005777:
from=<myaccount@mydomain.com>, size=33214, class=-60, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<200602200851.k1K8pTqD024357@www.alianzo.com>, bodytype=8BITMIME,
proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=alianzo [127.0.0.1]

Feb 20 02:15:22 www sm-msp-queue[5847]: k1K8pTqD024357:
to=john@anotherdomain.com, delay=01:23:53, xdelay=00:00:00,
mailer=relay, pri=260891, relay=[127.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=2.0.0,
stat=Sent (k1KAF921005777 Message accepted for delivery)

Hi again.

I've just emptied '/var/spool/clientmqueue' directory and it looks the
queue is really removed now.

Checking '/var/log/maillog':

----------------
Feb 20 02:36:06 www sendmail[6653]: alias database /etc/aliases rebuilt
by root
Feb 20 02:36:06 www sendmail[6653]: /etc/aliases: 98 aliases, longest
66 bytes, 2288 bytes total
Feb 20 02:36:06 www sendmail[6658]: starting daemon (8.13.1):
SMTP+queueing@01:00:00
Feb 20 02:36:06 www sm-msp-queue[6667]: starting daemon (8.13.1):
queueing@01:00:00
----------------

francescomoi@usa.com wrote:
> If I restart Sendmail, I get these two lines within /var/log/maillog:
>
> Feb 20 02:15:22 www sendmail[5850]: k1KAF921005777:
> from=<myaccount@mydomain.com>, size=33214, class=-60, nrcpts=1,
> msgid=<200602200851.k1K8pTqD024357@www.alianzo.com>, bodytype=8BITMIME,
> proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=alianzo [127.0.0.1]
>
> Feb 20 02:15:22 www sm-msp-queue[5847]: k1K8pTqD024357:
> to=john@anotherdomain.com, delay=01:23:53, xdelay=00:00:00,
> mailer=relay, pri=260891, relay=[127.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=2.0.0,
> stat=Sent (k1KAF921005777 Message accepted for delivery)

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thought it might be related to some terminate symbol, so i tried: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -messagefile=msg.txt which should send message from a file, but still, i get std input waiting for input, and unable to terminate except for ^C.) i am using the fedora distribution by the way. thanks. In article <4100396a-486b-4d25-b2e7-8fcb753a8c63@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com> jack.monflower@gmail.com writes: >hello, >i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... >nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) >so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: > ># /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com >... Type in message using headers etc >. > >and that's it, the message would be sent. >however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail >terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "...

mail queues for sendmail
Hi: Sorry if these questions sound a bit naive, but lets say you define 4 mai= l queues (all in default group) q.1, q.2, q.3, q.4. Each are on different l= ogical volumes. If one queue fills up and there is no room left will sendma= il put the mail in a different queue? What is the processes here? Is it bet= ter to have one logical volume and 4 different directories instead. Thanks for your replies. > Sorry if these questions sound a bit naive, but lets say you define 4 mail queues (all in > default group) q.1, q.2, q.3, q.4. Each are on different logical volumes. If o...

How to configure sendmail to send mails
FUP from comp.lang.python Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 15:38:25 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 5/9/2013 4:29 =CE=BC=CE=BC, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 feedth= etroll =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: >>> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to >>> setip up to work. >>> i cannot connect to it via my python script. >> OK, I should have been more exact: >> To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent, >> Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ... >> >> DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (=3D"mailbox management", "pop3(s)", >> "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a >> WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails= ..) >> >> So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access, >> don't you) and configure it. >> >> But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic. >=20 > i as root just inatslled >=20 > sendmail and mailx. i have edited the ~/.mailrc to use: > > nikos@superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# cat ~/.mailrc > account gmail { > set smtp-use-starttls > set smtp=3Dsmtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 > set smtp-auth=3Dlogin > set smtp-auth-user=3Dmay)gmail > set smtp-auth-password=3Dmy_gmail_pass_not_stupid_enough_to_w...

How to analyse a mail in the sendmail queue
Hi all, I'm starting using sendmail on a Solaris platform. I was used to play with postfix, but now i have to managed sendmail servers. I have some issue with a mail which is not being delivered to a remote server because of remote technicals issues. I have to look into the mail to see which kind of attachments is has, to see how the mail looks like. In postfix, i used postcat command to see all details on a mail in queue. How do i do that with sendmail ? Is is possible ? As i see, there is deux files for a mail in the sendmail queue. Can you help me please ? Kind Regards, Farid. wrote: [reformatted using par] > I'm starting using sendmail on a Solaris platform. I was used to play > with postfix, but now i have to managed sendmail servers. I have some > issue with a mail which is not being delivered to a remote server > because of remote technicals issues. What are those "remote technicals issues"? > I have to look into the mail to see which kind of attachments is has, > to see how the mail looks like. See doc/op/op.* about the queue files. Take a look at the qf and the df file for the mail; check the queue id (from the logfile or the mailq command) to see which files you want to look at. -- Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous article(s) at the end because it's annoying, shows that the poster is too lazy to trim his article, an...

Sendmail refuses to send mail
Hi, only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Thanks in advance! --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- newbie_at_sendmail wrote: > only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. > Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). > Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. > > What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Start by posting some log entries from an email that is bouncing. I would also be tempted to think about sniffing the SMTP traffic. However seeing as how the message is being rejected with a 4xx series code, it should still be in a mail queue on your system (presuming that it is the system your server is passing the message off to th...

send mail without.. sendmail ?
It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon running? Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more than I can handle as a part time admin. Thanks, bl8n8r bad_knee <bl8n8r@yahoo.com> wrote: > It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run > sen...

Sendmail not sending mails immediately
Hello, We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails and we would like those mails to be sent immediately. Currently there are sitting in the queue a few minutes and then they get sent. I didn't configure anything differently no that box. And sendmail is running as the following: root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m My question now is: how do I configure sendmail to send immediately mails ? Regards > root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m > smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m Replace -q15m with -q1s Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. I should add that -q1s implies that sendmail will process the mail queue every single second... so it's unnecessary overhead. I suggest you try with -q1m so it's once every minute... it's not too bad, but it could still be too much overhead for your system. Try to find a compromise between response times and overhead. I suggest you read the sendmail manual page for further information about the command line options... Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. Syn <syn_NOSPAM_uw@hotmail.com> writes: >We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails an...

Mail::Sendmail
perl doesn't like my return address. Does anyone know why? error message as follows-------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ perl mail_test.pl [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ Bad or missing From address: '' text of program follows---------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ vi mail_test.pl 1 #!/usr/bin/perl; 2 use Mail::Sendmail; 3 4 %mail = { To => "ccc31807\@yahoo.com", 5 From => "cartercc\@gmail.com", 6 Subject => 'Test of sendmail', 7 Message => "This is a test of sendmail"}; 8 9...

How to enable Mail Directory instead of Mail File in Sendmail/Procmail?
Hi, Again a newbie question. I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in seperate file). thanks Rohit. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com> writes: > Again a newbie question. > > I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to > know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each > mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in > seperate file). > > thanks You can easily change it in per user ~user/.procmailrc or global /etc/procmailrc http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section4.html#4.3 Q4.3 -- How can I get sendmail to deliver local mail to $HOME/.mail instead of into /usr/spool/mail (or /usr/mail)? -- [en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/ Netcraft Site Rank: 462490 Thanks for replying Andrzej. But, this does not answer my question. I want mails in my inbox to be deposited in the Mail Directory and not mail file. For Example, I want to specify each mail to the mailbox is stored as independent file. So, if I have 5 mails for me then there are 5 files in my mail directory. I am looking for either system wide or mailbox size setting. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com>...

How to send mail without sendmail running?
I'm positive that I've sent email from a Linux system before, WITHOUT sendmail running. When I tried to do this on a Fedora Core 1 box running sendmail 8.12, I could not send email to anyone on the localhost, or to an outside domain. Is there a way to configure sendmail so that it's not running, but will still allow sending email to external domains, other users on that host, mail from cron jobs, etc.? -Thanks Fred <itfred@cdw.com> writes: >I'm positive that I've sent email from a Linux system >before, WITHOUT sendmail running. When I tried to do >this on a Fedora Core 1 box running sendmail 8.12, I >could not send email to anyone on the localhost, or >to an outside domain. Is there a way to configure >sendmail so that it's not running, but will still >allow sending email to external domains, other users >on that host, mail from cron jobs, etc.? The best solution is to run a sendmail daemon listening *only* on 127.0.0.1 . That is probably the fedora default configuration. If you want it to run the old way, then chmod 4555 sendmail rm /etc/mail/submit.cf ### or rename to submit.cf.dist On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 15:29:27 +0000, Neil W Rickert wrote: > The best solution is to run a sendmail daemon listening > *only* on 127.0.0.1 . That is probably the fedora default > configuration. > > If you want it to run the old way, then > > chmod 4555 sendmail > rm /etc/mail/submit.cf ### or ...

Cant send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
I use the netstat to get the following information: tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32768 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:32769 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:109 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:110 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 ...

Sendmail does not send mail (inexperienced user)
Hi everyone, I am new to using Sendmail. I am trying to figure out why my system no longer sends emails. It was originally configured to work with Bugzilla and emails were sent without a problem through sendmail. The server's static IP address on the network was changed, and now messages are not sent (or at least not being received by anything). I tried to manually send through the command line and it looks like there aren't any problems according to status messages in verbose mode: [root@venice bin]# mail someone@company.com -v Subject: testing456 asdf jkl; this is the homerow! Cc: anotherone@company.com someone@company.com,anotherone@company.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 venice.company.lab ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.6/8.13.6; Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:08:58 -0700 >>> EHLO venice.company.lab 250-venice.company.lab Hello venice.company.lab [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> MAIL From:<root@venice.company.lab> SIZE=88 AUTH=root@venice.company.lab 250 2.1.0 <root@venice.company.lab>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<someone@company.com> >>> RCPT To:<anotherone@company.com> >>> DATA 250 2.1.5 <someone@company.com>... Recipient ok 250 2.1.5 <anotherone@company.com>... Recipient ok 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . 250 2.0....

Send mail without running sendmail
I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services. In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get an error stating "Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]" in maillog file. Can somebody advise how I can point to external SMTP server for mail sending? Thanks. Karan wrote: > I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine > (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services. > > In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get &...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

Probs in sending mail with sendmail service
Hi I am trying to setup sendmail service for my bugzilla server... installed and configured sendmail service. Here I am able to send mails with telnet <mysite> 25 successfully... But When I try to send mails with sendmail -v <mymailid> the mails are not getting delivered to the destination id... Following is the transcript: ---------------------------- [root@bug mail]# sendmail -v srinivas_matta@yahoo.com test test est .. srinivas_matta@yahoo.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.1/8.13.1; Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:29:29 +0530 >>> EHLO localhost.localdomain 250-localhost.localdomain Hello bug [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> MAIL From:<root@localhost.localdomain> SIZE=14 AUTH=root@localhost.localdomain 250 2.1.0 <root@localhost.localdomain>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<srinivas_matta@yahoo.com> >>> DATA 250 2.1.5 <srinivas_matta@yahoo.com>... Recipient ok 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . 250 2.0.0 l3GCxT6F002212 Message accepted for delivery srinivas_matta@yahoo.com... Sent (l3GCxT6F002212 Message accepted for delivery) Closing connection to [127.0.0.1] >>> QUIT 221 2.0.0 localhost.localdomain closing connection Tail of /var/log/maillog: ------------------------- Apr 16 18:29:...

how to keep all outgoing mail on sendmail smtp
Hi All, I review the pass messges on here , but can not find any hints. I check http://www.shub-internet.org/brad/sendmail/index.html and http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ does not have good suggest or the link is down Mr. G. Roderick Singleton give suggest to FAQ, but I am not sure which link should be. Anyone can help? Thanks a lot <kaji_trade@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1142310924.219151.83430@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com > I review the pass messges on here , but can not find any hints. Hint: describe what it is you need. kaji_trade@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, > > I review the pass messges on here , but can not find any hints. > > I check > > http://www.shub-internet.org/brad/sendmail/index.html > > and > > http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ > > does not have good suggest or the link is down > > Mr. G. Roderick Singleton > > give suggest to FAQ, but I am not sure which link should be. Anyone can > help? > The FAQ doesn't have any usefull informarion about keeping copies of outgoing mail. You might try http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-bcc/index.shtml for a milter that does what you want. Or you could switch to Postfix, which has a bcc:always option builtin. Daniel Feenberg feenberg isat nber dotte org > Thanks a lot ...

Problem sending mail via sendmail
Hello all, First off, please forgive me as I am not very familiar with sendmail, so my question may be worded poorly or the answer may be very obvious. I am setting up a new mail server running sendmail as the MTA. I am attempting to configure it so that anyone on our IP block can access it and send mail via SMTP without a username or password, and to reject mail from outside sources. Well, I can get it to reject mail, all right: everything comes back with this error: An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.1 <matt.singerman@gmail.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [141.161.111.116]. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again. (This is the error that Thunderbird gave me when trying to send a message.) Where can I configure sendmail to allow messages coming from a specific ip range, in this case 141.161.x.x? Or is this something I would have to configure in a system file (I am running FreeBSD)? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt Aha. Okay, so I found that using /etc/mail/relay-domains and putting in just 141.161. works. However, is this really the best way to do this? I'm not really all that familiar with sednmail and whatnot, but should I be "relaying" mail coming from addresses on my own network? I mean, hey, it works, but it just doesn't seem like the way things are supposed to work. "Matt Singerman" <matt.s...

Web resources about - Sendmail keeps on sending mails (but I emptied queue) - comp.mail.sendmail

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...