sendmail queries

Hi,

We have 2 SMTP gateway running Solaris 10 to relay mails to external. The 2 SMTP servers smtp-1 and smtp-2 are installed in different data center and load balance by F5 load balancer.

When we shutdown the DC that installed with smtp-1 for maintenance and configured the load balance to route mails that going out to use smtp-2. We experienced that mails are not able to send out found the following in the log:

 :
<date> smtp-2 sendmail[13711]: [ID 801593 mail.info] uBHGEiBr013709: to=<recipient@gmail.com>, delay=00:15:55, xdelay=00:15:55, mailer=esm
tp, pri=120318, relay=mailhost.com, dsn=5.3.5, stat=Local configuration error
 :

When the DC is up, the SMTP mails are back to normal.

What could be the problem?

0
dolphinyc8

 wrote:
[a more descriptive Subject might be helpful...]

> tp, pri=120318, relay=mailhost.com, dsn=5.3.5, stat=Local configuration error
>  :
    ^^^^?

Is that the real/full stat message?

> What could be the problem?

maybe:
        o 4.5 How can I solve "MX list for hostname points back to hostname"
          and "config error: mail loops back to myself" messages?
(that's from the FAQ)

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous