Sendmail sending user@domain.com to my local machine instead of my mail server.

Hi All

I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail.  Let's call it machine A1.
I am not really using it as a mail server.  Just want to send out mails
occasionally.    I have another machine which is the real mail server
for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2.

It works when I send out mails to username@gmail.com or
username@yahoo.com, etc.   But when I send out mails to
username@abc.com, the mails get sent to itself, i.e. machine A1.    And
the maillog shows that the Local mailer was called to send the mail
instead of the ESMTP mailer.

I have other Freebsd machines, and have no problem sending mails to
username@abc.com.

I've tried everything, including copying all the files in /etc/mail
from my other working Freebsd machines to machine A1, and do a make,
make install, make restart.     But machine A1 still calls the local
mailer to deliver mails addressed to @abc.com.   Machine A1 is acting
as if it is the mail server for the domain.   I don't have
local-domains, local-host-names, files, etc.    I just use the original
sendmail.com.mc file.

Can anybody help?

Thank you very much in anticipation.

Gui

0
cmgui2 (14)

cmgui2@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail.  Let's call it machine A1.
> I am not really using it as a mail server.  Just want to send out mails
> occasionally.    I have another machine which is the real mail server
> for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2.
>
> It works when I send out mails to username@gmail.com or
> username@yahoo.com, etc.   But when I send out mails to
> username@abc.com, the mails get sent to itself, i.e. machine A1.    And
> the maillog shows that the Local mailer was called to send the mail
> instead of the ESMTP mailer.
>
> I have other Freebsd machines, and have no problem sending mails to
> username@abc.com.
>
> I've tried everything, including copying all the files in /etc/mail
> from my other working Freebsd machines to machine A1, and do a make,
> make install, make restart.     But machine A1 still calls the local
> mailer to deliver mails addressed to @abc.com.   Machine A1 is acting
> as if it is the mail server for the domain.   I don't have
> local-domains, local-host-names, files, etc.    I just use the original
> sendmail.com.mc file.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Thank you very much in anticipation.

Is A1 running the same version of Sendmail as all the other systems?  I'm betting that Sendmail is adding the domain of the local host to class w, which is usually mapped to /etc/mail/local-host-names.

Grant. . . .
0
gtaylor (1357)
7/26/2006 11:38:15 PM
Hi Grant

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, A1 is running more or less the same version of Sendmail as the
other systems - 13.3.
I don't use the /etc/mail/local-host-names.

Why is Sendmail adding of the local host to class w?  How to prevent
this?  What is class w?

How come all the other machines have no problem sending mail to
user@abc.com ?(abc.com is my domain, e.g)

Previously, I had used A1 as my mail server (imap-uw), but now I am
using another machine B2 for my mail server.  And now I want to use A1
for some other purpose, and have some scripts running on A1 which need
to  send mails out to user@abc.com (abc.com is my domain, e.g.).

> Is A1 running the same version of Sendmail as all the other systems?  I'm betting that Sendmail is adding the domain of the local host to class w, which is usually mapped to /etc/mail/local-host-names.
>

> Grant. . . .

0
cmgui2 (14)
7/27/2006 3:01:37 AM
cmgui2@gmail.com wrote:
> Yes, A1 is running more or less the same version of Sendmail as the
> other systems - 13.3.

*nod*

> I don't use the /etc/mail/local-host-names.

Ok.

> Why is Sendmail adding of the local host to class w?  How to prevent
> this?  What is class w?

After doing some double checking, Sendmail adds "localhost" (literally) to class w.  So my idea of Sendmail adding the domain of the host to class w by default is not the case.  Class w is a list of local host names.  I doubt that you need to stop Sendmail from adding localhost to class w.  But if for some reason you do want to stop it, remark the line "Cw localhost" in sendmail.cf.

> How come all the other machines have no problem sending mail to
> user@abc.com ?(abc.com is my domain, e.g)

Because they are configured correctly to do so.  I'm not sure why A1 is not.

> Previously, I had used A1 as my mail server (imap-uw), but now I am
> using another machine B2 for my mail server.  And now I want to use A1
> for some other purpose, and have some scripts running on A1 which need
> to  send mails out to user@abc.com (abc.com is my domain, e.g.).

I'll have to do some checking to see what else may be causing the problem.

Grant. . . .
0
gtaylor (1357)
7/27/2006 3:19:28 AM
hi Grant

I think I know what caused the problem but still don't know how to
resolve it.

The cause is found here:
http://www.technoids.org/removew.html
ere are several ways that hosts/domains are added to class w. Here are
some of the ways:
When sendmail starts up, it calls gethostbyname(3) (or its equivalent)
to find the name for the local server. It also tries to find all
aliases by looking in /etc/hosts, querying DNS, and probing its network
interfaces

I have ip aliases in machine A1, and one of the ip aliases has a IP
which is mapped to abc.com in my DNS server!    Actually, this is for
my web server which is running on A1 - so that visitors who enter
abc.com instead of www.abc.com still go to www.abc.com.

Maybe sendmail finds this aliases and check the DNS and finds out it is
abc.com and then add abc.com to class w?

How to resolve this?

Thank you.

gui

Taylor, Grant wrote:
> cmgui2@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail.  Let's call it machine A1.
> > I am not really using it as a mail server.  Just want to send out mails
> > occasionally.    I have another machine which is the real mail server
> > for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2.
> >
> > It works when I send out mails to username@gmail.com or
> > username@yahoo.com, etc.   But when I send out mails to
> > username@abc.com, the mails get sent to itself, i.e. machine A1.    And
> > the maillog shows that the Local mailer was called to send the mail
> > instead of the ESMTP mailer.
> >
> > I have other Freebsd machines, and have no problem sending mails to
> > username@abc.com.
> >
> > I've tried everything, including copying all the files in /etc/mail
> > from my other working Freebsd machines to machine A1, and do a make,
> > make install, make restart.     But machine A1 still calls the local
> > mailer to deliver mails addressed to @abc.com.   Machine A1 is acting
> > as if it is the mail server for the domain.   I don't have
> > local-domains, local-host-names, files, etc.    I just use the original
> > sendmail.com.mc file.
> >
> > Can anybody help?
> >
> > Thank you very much in anticipation.
>
> Is A1 running the same version of Sendmail as all the other systems?  I'm betting that Sendmail is adding the domain of the local host to class w, which is usually mapped to /etc/mail/local-host-names.
>

> Grant. . . .

0
cmgui2 (14)
7/27/2006 3:27:43 AM
Hi Grant

I've found the solution

LOCAL_RULESETS
LOCAL_RULE_0
R$* < @abc.com. > $*       $#smtp $@ mail.abc.com $: $1< @abc.com. >$2

Putting the above in the mc file works!

The other (and better) solution mentioned in
http://www.technoids.org/removew.html  doesn't work.

define(`confCW_FILE', `-o /etc/mail/local-host-names')

Thank you.

Gui

Taylor, Grant wrote:
> cmgui2@gmail.com wrote:
> > Yes, A1 is running more or less the same version of Sendmail as the
> > other systems - 13.3.
>
> *nod*
>
> > I don't use the /etc/mail/local-host-names.
>
> Ok.
>
> > Why is Sendmail adding of the local host to class w?  How to prevent
> > this?  What is class w?
>
> After doing some double checking, Sendmail adds "localhost" (literally) to class w.  So my idea of Sendmail adding the domain of the host to class w by default is not the case.  Class w is a list of local host names.  I doubt that you need to stop Sendmail from adding localhost to class w.  But if for some reason you do want to stop it, remark the line "Cw localhost" in sendmail.cf.
>
> > How come all the other machines have no problem sending mail to
> > user@abc.com ?(abc.com is my domain, e.g)
>
> Because they are configured correctly to do so.  I'm not sure why A1 is not.
>
> > Previously, I had used A1 as my mail server (imap-uw), but now I am
> > using another machine B2 for my mail server.  And now I want to use A1
> > for some other purpose, and have some scripts running on A1 which need
> > to  send mails out to user@abc.com (abc.com is my domain, e.g.).
>
> I'll have to do some checking to see what else may be causing the problem.
>

> Grant. . . .

0
cmgui2 (14)
7/27/2006 4:34:03 AM
cmgui2@gmail.com wrote:
> hi Grant
>
> I think I know what caused the problem but still don't know how to
> resolve it.
>
> How to resolve this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> gui

Have you tried this?

cf/README

confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES  DontProbeInterfaces
                                        [False] If set, sendmail will
_not_
                                        insert the names and addresses
of any
                                        local interfaces into class {w}
                                        (list of known "equivalent"
addresses).
                                        If you set this, you must also
include
                                        some support for these
addresses (e.g.,
                                        in a mailertable entry) --
otherwise,
                                        mail to addresses in this list
will
                                        bounce with a configuration
error.
                                        If set to "loopback" (without
                                        quotes), sendmail will skip
                                        loopback interfaces (e.g.,
"lo0").

0
jmaimon (679)

Sendmail delivers mail locally instead of sending it to other domain / Solaris 9
Hi, I found a few old postings but they were not very helpful. Trying to configure Sendmail that came preinstalled with Solaris 9 - to send messages to my e-mail. Right now it delivers each message locally. ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- koracd@saic-dc.com (reason: 553 5.3.5 system config error) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 553 5.3.5 mailhost config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?) 554 5.3.5 Local configuration error The mailhost /etc/hosts is the localbox I am trying to send mail from. Thanks Dusan On Jun 29, 11:46 am, Du...

unable to forward mail from 1 sendmail server to another sendmail server
Hi, i have a setup like this: box A ---> box B ---> sends to the world. sendmail, solaris 9. what is happening is as follows: Application on box A generates mail (for the users, who can be from anywhere) forwards it to box B which sends it out. The box A is forwarding mail to box B, only for the users of the domain, ie if there is a user is having a gmail id the mail is NOT forwarded from box A ----> box B. If i do a nslookup on gmail on box A it resolves properly. XXXXXX Message 2: >From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Oct 26 12:14:26 2005 Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> To: <amit@www.domainname.com> MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure) This is a MIME-encapsulated message --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com The original message was received at Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) from localhost [127.0.0.1] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <amitka@gmail.com> (reason: 550 Host unknown) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 550 5.1.2 <amitka@gmail.com>... Host unknown (Name server: mailhost.domainame.com: host not found) --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com Content-Type: message/delivery-status Reporting-MTA: dns; www.domainname.com Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost Arrival-Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) Final-Recipient: RFC822; amitk...

How to prevent local user daemon for sending mails with Sendmail configured as SMTP authentication.
Hello: We have installed sendmail with SMTP authentication on our server with virtual hosting for different domains. Everything was working fine till I installed apache from source which is running as user daemon. Our sendmail server mailqueue is flooded with messages from daemon@localdomain. Following is the log from the sendmail maillog file: ul 2 09:38:26 190877-dev1 sendmail[20001]: STARTTLS=client, relay=[127.0.0.1], version=TLSv1/SSLv3, verify=FAIL, cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits=256/256 Jul 2 09:38:26 190877-dev1 sendmail[20004]: n62EcQgB020004: from=<daemon@190877-dev1.www.netsolutionsindia.com>, size=567, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<200907021438.n62EcQPx020001@190877- dev1.www.netsolutionsindia.com>, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1] How can I block this user from sending mails locally. Please help. -- thanks, Navdeep "nippy" <nav842003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3bb6901f-51c2-4e00-97c2-df1ef3e209c5@z34g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... > Hello: > We have installed sendmail with SMTP authentication on our server with > virtual hosting for different domains. Everything was working fine > till > I installed apache from source which is running as user daemon. Our > sendmail server mailqueue is flooded with messages from > daemon@localdomain. > > Following is the log from the sendmail maillog file: > > ul 2 09:38:26 190877-dev1 sendmail[20001]: STARTTLS=client, > relay=[127.0.0...

Sendmail does not send mail (inexperienced user)
Hi everyone, I am new to using Sendmail. I am trying to figure out why my system no longer sends emails. It was originally configured to work with Bugzilla and emails were sent without a problem through sendmail. The server's static IP address on the network was changed, and now messages are not sent (or at least not being received by anything). I tried to manually send through the command line and it looks like there aren't any problems according to status messages in verbose mode: [root@venice bin]# mail someone@company.com -v Subject: testing456 asdf jkl; this is the homerow! Cc: anotherone@company.com someone@company.com,anotherone@company.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 venice.company.lab ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.6/8.13.6; Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:08:58 -0700 >>> EHLO venice.company.lab 250-venice.company.lab Hello venice.company.lab [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> MAIL From:<root@venice.company.lab> SIZE=88 AUTH=root@venice.company.lab 250 2.1.0 <root@venice.company.lab>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<someone@company.com> >>> RCPT To:<anotherone@company.com> >>> DATA 250 2.1.5 <someone@company.com>... Recipient ok 250 2.1.5 <anotherone@company.com>... Recipient ok 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . 250 2.0....

Cant send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
I use the netstat to get the following information: tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32768 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:32769 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:109 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:110 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 ...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

sendmail only accepting mail from local users
I've got a newbie question that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on for me. I had to change the smtp port Sendmail was listening on to 587 last night due to SBC/Yahoo's port blocking. That was the only option I changed. Then about an hour later Sendmail stopped accepting mail from external users, but from local users it worked fine. I can connect and send email to anyone of the local users from my user account with a mail client. The maillog reads: Mar 11 12:36:20 server sendmail[90351]: j2BKaJD90306: to=<thunderbird@mydomain.com>, ctladdr=<steven@myotherdomain.com&...

Sendmail is not receiving mail for local users
Hello, My AIX 5.2L box can't receive any e-mail addressed to local users and my var/spool/mqueue is filling with mail files. I've tried: sendmail -bi hash map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases.db: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. dbm map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. WARNING: cannot open alias database /etc/mail/aliases Cannot create database for alias file /etc/mail/aliases: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. root /etc/mail > ls -l total 136 -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 1424 Oct 13 10:21 aliases -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 12288 Oct 13 08:59 aliases.db -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 46645 Oct 14 13:17 sendmail.cf -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 34 Oct 13 08:59 sendmail.pid root /etc/mail > newaliases hash map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases.db: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. dbm map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. WARNING: cannot open alias database /etc/mail/aliases Cannot create database for alias file /etc/mail/aliases: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. root /etc/mail > chmod 664 * root /etc/mail > newaliases /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: WARNING: dangerous write permissions newaliases: cannot open /etc/mail/aliases: Grou...

How to enable Mail Directory instead of Mail File in Sendmail/Procmail?
Hi, Again a newbie question. I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in seperate file). thanks Rohit. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com> writes: > Again a newbie question. > > I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to > know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each > mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in > seperate file). > > thanks You can easily change it in per user ~user/.procmailrc or global /etc/procmailrc http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section4.html#4.3 Q4.3 -- How can I get sendmail to deliver local mail to $HOME/.mail instead of into /usr/spool/mail (or /usr/mail)? -- [en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/ Netcraft Site Rank: 462490 Thanks for replying Andrzej. But, this does not answer my question. I want mails in my inbox to be deposited in the Mail Directory and not mail file. For Example, I want to specify each mail to the mailbox is stored as independent file. So, if I have 5 mails for me then there are 5 files in my mail directory. I am looking for either system wide or mailbox size setting. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com>...

Restrict Local From: mails on Sendmail Relay Servers
Hi, In our network we have a Sendmail relay server connected on our intranet and also to the public network. I would like to restrict the server to accept incoming mails with source local adresses only from our intranet. Example: Lets supose that our local domain is "local.dom". Considering this scenario I would to configure Sendmail only to accept mails with the "From: *@local.dom" comming from our intranet mail server and reject those comming from Internet apparently sended from a *@local.dom guy. Regards, Jordi ...

Sendmaill not able to send mails to certain domains!!
Dear all I am having a problem in sending mails using Dialup (PPP) connections. I will explain the setup. I had configured a mail server in my office using Linux sendmail and Redhat 9, which handles the complete intranet and mails to internet.Now i am facing a problem in which i am not able to send mails to very few domains, like rediffmail.com and some more. for eg: root# telnet mail1.rediffmail.com 25 Trying mail1.rediffmail.com Closing connection of mail1.rediffmail.com Trying mail2.rediffmail.com Closing connection of mail1.rediffmail.com Trying mail2.rediffmail.com Closin...

Best way to send mail from sendmail server?
Hey all; I've got a sendmail (8.13.4) box primarily relaying from the outside to a number of inside locations. Problem is, this box also sends mail out itself, mostly reporting and such. Now any mail it generates is coming from "user@localhost" which resolves (naturally) to 127.0.0.1. I can add localhost to the access DB and it works fine, but I'm wondering if this is really the ideal way of doing things. Is there a way I can rewrite the sender domain from localhost to domain.com, or even host.domain.com? Thanks, Colin Colin B. wrote: > I've got a sendmail (8.13.4)...

send mail without running sendmail locally
Hi, I have 2 linux boxes, one of them running sendmail as MTA for my network, by using which we can send/receive mails to/fro internal/external mail IDs. Now, i want to send a mail from 2nd linux box (non-sendmail) to external domain mail Ids without running sendmail on it and rather, i want to use my sendmail server as RELAY. I configured my sendmail server to relay the 2nd linux box. Now, how can i send mail from 2nd linux box to outside world? Is there any command readily available or do i need to write any scripts for that? TIA Prvnrk Install sendmail, but don't allow it to start up at boot. You might also take smtp out of /etc/services The sendmail executable will be there for mail clients to use for e-mail transmission, but nothing will be listening on port 25 (for inbound). > I have 2 linux boxes, one of them running sendmail as MTA for my > network, by using which we can send/receive mails to/fro > internal/external mail IDs. Now, i want to send a mail from 2nd linux > box (non-sendmail) to external domain mail Ids without running sendmail > on it and rather, i want to use my sendmail server as RELAY. I > configured my sendmail server to relay the 2nd linux box. Now, how can > i send mail from 2nd linux box to outside world? Is there any command > readily available or do i need to write any scripts for that? In short, run Sendmail, or some similar MTA for the sole purpose of sending outbound emails on your behalf. If you want you ...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local alias which is redirected to /dev/null. This solution is also unmanageable in the long run. Therefore I turn to you for guidance and information on how to find a solution for the spam problem on my server. Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :) Thx, /Timo_S On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:03:08 +0300 Timo_S wrote: > I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running > Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient > but not manageable in the long run. > > The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but > it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for > information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the > ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the > /etc/mail/access file. What do these "bad scripts" do...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) [POSTED TO comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE] In <fc389f33.0408060513.55cac989@posting.google.com> on 6 Aug 2004 06:13:37 -0700, samir@cybersurfindia.com (yaaru) wrote: >[SNIP] Per the newsgroup charters, please post Mercury questions in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc -- Best regards, John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/> WinPMail helpers (PGP/URLPROXY/NsProto/AdrCSV) available on my Home Page ...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) yaaru wrote: > I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that > smtp to send mails. > Use the MercuryC SMTP Relay Client Module. -- Regards, Guy <URL:http://guysalias.batcave.net/pgpkeys.txt> [Updated: 4/29/2004] ...

2 domains on 1 VPS, Routing mail for a single user to an external mail server
Lets say I have two domains that reside on a single Virtual Private Server, domain1.com and domain2.com. The mx record for domain1 points to the local server and the mx for domain2 points to an external server. If I have a single mail account (out of 20) on the domain1 server that I want forwarded to the domain2 server, can I do it with virtmaps (without affecting the other 19 being delivered to the local server)? i.e. josh@domain1.com --> josh@domain2.com I currently have this setup, but the mail is not getting routed through the external server, it is getting delivered straight to the local server. (I understand this is a very simple problem if domain2 does not reside on the same VPS as domain1, however in my case it does) Any ideas? thanks, josh Make sure your /etc/mail/local-host-names does not include domain2 for acceptance. Also make sure you makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable the virtual user table. Can you submit logs of a test message sent to user@domain2.com? My bad for not giving you all the information. The mail that is addressed to domain2 is being delivered to an external spam server (filter) and then after being filtered there it is being delivered back to the same server that domain1 is on. So the actual path the mail would take (if all worked well) would be: mx pointing to domain1 --> virtmap redirecting to domain2 with external mx -->domain2 external server redelivers mail to domain1 server If I delete domain2 from the l...

Sendmail and user accounts containing the domain --> "user@domain.com"
I have create user accounts under Linux as user@domain.com, which creates their home directories just fine. I can retrieve mail for these accounts just fine but Sendmail is refusing to find these accounts. It seems to shop off the domain name by default and only looks for accounts using the "user" part of the address. How do I configure Sendmail to deliver mail to users named "user@domain.com" instead of just "user"? <fuogoitaliano@gmail.com> wrote in message news:73dab499-2180-400a-9d44-3b6109f0ec07@a23g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > I have create user accounts under Linux as user@domain.com, which > creates their home directories just fine. I can retrieve mail for > these accounts just fine but Sendmail is refusing to find these > accounts. It seems to shop off the domain name by default and only > looks for accounts using the "user" part of the address. > > How do I configure Sendmail to deliver mail to users named > "user@domain.com" instead of just "user"? feature virtusers @example.com %1 On Apr 12, 9:10=A0pm, "D. Stussy" <s...@bde-arc.ampr.org> wrote: > <fuogoitali...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:73dab499-2180-400a-9d44-3b6109f0ec07@a23g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > > > I have create user accounts under Linux as u...@domain.com, which > > creates their home directories just fine. I can retrieve mail for > > these...

sending mail via ISP replay server (solaris, sendmail)
I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is smtp.comcast.net ..incoming is mail.comcast.net and my email is myemail@comcast.com. Thnk you very much you want to look at the SMART HOST section in your sendmail.mc file Cheers Buff Z wrote: > I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 > How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via > my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is > smtp.c...

mail::sendmail (SOMETIMES) get "bad file descriptor" error when mail not local
I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using CPAN I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server and I get my personel email at that address. The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for example, "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file descriptor" I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) I noticed that there is a soft link to qmail on the remote server, but it was my understanding that mail::Sendmail is independant of other mail programs. Is there some configuration file I can change to solve this problem? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Dave Dave Roberts wrote: > I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using > CPAN > > I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server > and I get my personel email at that address. > > The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the > recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for > example, > > "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file > descriptor" > > > I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I > configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) > > I not...

Web resources about - Sendmail sending user@domain.com to my local machine instead of my mail server. - comp.mail.sendmail

Presence information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer and telecommunications networks , presence information is a status indicator that conveys ability and willingness of a potential ...

Comment on the site - Getty Images AE
Contact us Worldwide locations and assistance Help centre Comment on the site Contact us International Sign in - Register Creative All Creative ...

Getty Images - Comment on the site
Contact us Worldwide locations and assistance Help center Comment on the site Contact us International Sign in - Register Creative stock All ...

Getty Images - Comment on the site
Contact us Worldwide locations and assistance Help center Comment on the site Contact us International Sign in - Register Creative stock All ...

AdWords API sandbox - Best practices
... the first call to the sandbox is a get() call from AccountService , preferably AccountService 's getClientAccounts (). Assuming you use user@domain.com ...

ChristianJobs.com - Job Search, Christian, Employment, Online, Find Job, Listings, Business, Ministry ...
Use our Christian job search for job listings, employment opportunities, openings, and hiring resources. Find jobs with Christian businesses, ...

Images
The email address is invalid. It should be a valid, full address, e.g. user@domain.

Duluth Seaway Port Authority
PORT OF DULUTH-SUPERIOR NEWS CENTER CONTACT US SEARCH GO Contact Us Home Contact Us 1200 Port Terminal Drive Duluth, MN USA 55802 Phone: (218) ...

Chicago I-290 - Stay Informed
Home Questions or Comments? Glossary Search About the Project History Location Study Process/Schedule Where Are We Now? Taking a Look Ahead Public ...

Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Rental Cars at Everyday Low Rates
About Us - Contact Us - Help Rent a Car Home Vehicles Rental Locations Business Rentals Print Your Receipt Modify A Reservation Cancel A Reservation ...