f



Sendmail won't send mail hotmail.

Okay so I bought ipalaces.org through netfirms.com, I then transfered
over the nameservers to zoneedit.com because I want to have better
control of the DNS. I have ipalaces.org and *.ipalaces.org set to the
IP 72.249.127.98

I am using Sendmail 8.13.8 on debian hosted on a virtual private
server.
I have asked my VPS host to set up a PTR record for ipalaces.org to
point back to 72.249.127.98.

I have the following setup for sendmail.mc
MASQUERADE_AS(`ipalaces.org')dnl
CLIENT_OPTIONS(`Family=inet, Address=72.249.127.98')dnl

I have used make in /etc/mail/ to apply the changes to sendmail.cf and
then reloaded sendmail for changes to take effect. I have gone through
hotmail's Sender ID Framework SPF Record Wizard located at
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/content/technologies/senderid/wizard/
and setup my SPF record with zoneedit as:       v=spf1 a
ip4:72.249.127.98 ~all

My IP is not blacklisted, and everything gets sent find to hotmail's
server as this verbose output of sendmail shows:

050 >>> EHLO ipalaces.org
050 250-bay0-mc11-f13.bay0.hotmail.com (3.3.2.16) Hello
[72.249.127.98]
050 250-SIZE 29696000
050 250-PIPELINING
050 250-8bitmime
050 250-BINARYMIME
050 250-CHUNKING
050 250-AUTH LOGIN
050 250-AUTH=LOGIN
050 250 OK
050 >>> MAIL From:<root@ipalaces.org> SIZE=325 AUTH=<>
050 250 root@ipalaces.org....Sender OK
050 >>> RCPT To:<ek_opteron@hotmail.com>
050 >>> DATA
050 250 ek_opteron@hotmail.com
050 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
050 >>> .
050 250  <200704140539.l3E5df3t023749@ipalaces.org> Queued mail for
delivery
050 <ek_opteron@hotmail.com>... Sent
( <200704140539.l3E5df3t023749@ipalaces.org> Queued mail for delivery)
250 2.0.0 l3E5dhnR023752 Message accepted for delivery
ek_opteron@hotmail.com... Sent (l3E5dhnR023752 Message accepted for
delivery)
Closing connection to [127.0.0.1]
>>> QUIT

Yet I still cannot send mail to hotmail. I can send mail to yahoo,
gmail perfectly, but not hotmail. No emails arrive in my inbox or my
junk mail folder. I have gone through numerous forums/websites and I
have been having no luck. If anyone has any information on how I can
get this to work it would be a life saver. I am not that interested in
contacting hotmail myself as I know that their support is shotty and I
also understand that hotmail's standards or lack there of  is what is
giving me problems, I know that it's possible to use sendmail and send
emails to hotmail.

0
paroxsitic (10)
4/14/2007 5:53:17 AM
comp.mail.sendmail 13518 articles. 1 followers. jfretby (35) is leader. Post Follow

7 Replies
694 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

Here is some headers from a successful email to gmail:



Delivered-To: paroxsitic@gmail.com
Received: by 10.114.182.9 with SMTP id e9cs156070waf;
        Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:07:28 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.70.68.11 with SMTP id q11mr6989361wxa.1176530847794;
        Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <root@ipalaces.org>
Received: from ipalaces.org (ipalaces.org [72.249.127.98])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTP id h35si6227348wxd.
2007.04.13.23.07.27;
        Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of root@ipalaces.org designates
72.249.127.98 as permitted sender)
Received: from ipalaces.org (localhost [127.0.0.1])
	by ipalaces.org (8.13.8/8.13.8/Debian-3) with ESMTP id l3E67RXL026345
	for <paroxsitic@gmail.com>; Sat, 14 Apr 2007 02:07:27 -0400
Received: (from root@localhost)
	by ipalaces.org (8.13.8/8.13.8/Submit) id l3E67Rgb026344
	for paroxsitic@gmail.com; Sat, 14 Apr 2007 02:07:27 -0400
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 02:07:27 -0400
From: root <root@ipalaces.org>
Message-Id: <200704140607.l3E67Rgb026344@ipalaces.org>
To: paroxsitic@gmail.com
Subject: Test

Testing

0
paroxsitic (10)
4/14/2007 6:09:46 AM
On Sat, 13 Apr 2007, Paroxsitic@gmail.com wrote:

It is not you, there have bene many threads about hotmail, in as recent as 
one week ago, they all answer your question.

its hotmail marking everything from everyone else as spam, except of 
course their own spamming Lusers, it'll be in your recipients spam/trash 
folder or whatever they call it these days

go to www.hotmail.com find the contact and complain to them about it.


--
Regards
Res

Let Novell know what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/

0
res340 (473)
4/14/2007 6:42:46 AM
On Apr 14, 2:42 am, Res <r...@ausics.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Apr 2007, Paroxsi...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> It is not you, there have bene many threads about hotmail, in as recent as
> one week ago, they all answer your question.
>
> its hotmail marking everything from everyone else as spam, except of
> course their own spamming Lusers, it'll be in your recipients spam/trash
> folder or whatever they call it these days
>
> go towww.hotmail.comfind the contact and complain to them about it.
>
> --
> Regards
> Res
>
> Let Novell know what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
> Sign the petition today:  http://techp.org/p/1/

As I noted, I read all these but there have been a few who have
actually got hotmail to work, one that I saw is:
http://www.innovation-station.net/archives/2007/03/29/hotmail-and-my-spf-nightmare/
Which might relate the probably back to using shared environments.
Also nothing showed up in the junkmail folder, as I also noted in the
post.

0
paroxsitic (10)
4/14/2007 6:55:33 AM
This will not be a sendmail problem
(also I dont go to unknown/untrusted URL's from usenet someone else might 
view the link you posted I CBF, as it wont be a sendmail fault


On Sat, 13 Apr 2007, Paroxsitic@gmail.com wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2:42 am, Res <r...@ausics.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Apr 2007, Paroxsi...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> It is not you, there have bene many threads about hotmail, in as recent as
>> one week ago, they all answer your question.
>>
>> its hotmail marking everything from everyone else as spam, except of
>> course their own spamming Lusers, it'll be in your recipients spam/trash
>> folder or whatever they call it these days
>>
>> go towww.hotmail.comfind the contact and complain to them about it.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Res
>>
>> Let Novell know what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
>> Sign the petition today:  http://techp.org/p/1/
>
> As I noted, I read all these but there have been a few who have
> actually got hotmail to work, one that I saw is:
> http://www.innovation-station.net/archives/2007/03/29/hotmail-and-my-spf-nightmare/
> Which might relate the probably back to using shared environments.
> Also nothing showed up in the junkmail folder, as I also noted in the
> post.
>
>

-- 

Cheers
Res

Let Novell know what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/

0
res340 (473)
4/14/2007 8:12:22 AM
In article <1176530986.207255.253690@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
 Paroxsitic@gmail.com wrote:

> Here is some headers from a successful email to gmail:
> 
> 
> 
> Delivered-To: paroxsitic@gmail.com
> Received: by 10.114.182.9 with SMTP id e9cs156070waf;
>         Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:07:28 -0700 (PDT)
> Received: by 10.70.68.11 with SMTP id q11mr6989361wxa.1176530847794;
>         Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
> Return-Path: <root@ipalaces.org>
> Received: from ipalaces.org (ipalaces.org [72.249.127.98])
>         by mx.google.com with ESMTP id h35si6227348wxd.
> 2007.04.13.23.07.27;
>         Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
> Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of root@ipalaces.org designates
> 72.249.127.98 as permitted sender)
> Received: from ipalaces.org (localhost [127.0.0.1])
> 	by ipalaces.org (8.13.8/8.13.8/Debian-3) with ESMTP id l3E67RXL026345
> 	for <paroxsitic@gmail.com>; Sat, 14 Apr 2007 02:07:27 -0400
> Received: (from root@localhost)
> 	by ipalaces.org (8.13.8/8.13.8/Submit) id l3E67Rgb026344
> 	for paroxsitic@gmail.com; Sat, 14 Apr 2007 02:07:27 -0400
> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 02:07:27 -0400
> From: root <root@ipalaces.org>
> Message-Id: <200704140607.l3E67Rgb026344@ipalaces.org>
> To: paroxsitic@gmail.com
> Subject: Test
> 
> Testing

So your problem is not with Sendmail, it is not with GMail, it is with 
Hoitmail, i.e. Microsoft. 

You will find no useful help here. Delivery into Hotmail is indeed quite 
unreliable: many people have experience with them accepting mail that is 
never delivered but never bounced. That's bad behavior by MICROSOFT. You 
can't fix it without MICROSOFT's help for MICROSOFT's broken service. 
There's no magic fix from the outside.

-- 
Now where did I hide that website...
0
bill123 (477)
4/14/2007 5:24:06 PM
On 13 Apr 2007 22:53:17, Paroxsitic@gmail.com <Paroxsitic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay so I bought ipalaces.org through netfirms.com, I then transfered
> over the nameservers to zoneedit.com because I want to have better
> control of the DNS. I have ipalaces.org and *.ipalaces.org set to the
> IP 72.249.127.98

I too would acept your mail as your domain registration is
fraudulant.

Domain ID:D134039555-LROR
Domain Name:IPALACES.ORG
Created On:01-Dec-2006 04:30:43 UTC
Last Updated On:05-Mar-2007 19:33:54 UTC
Expiration Date:01-Dec-2007 04:30:43 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)
Status:OK
Registrant ID:tuQX7cqWDJJLPaSH
Registrant Name:Brian H
Registrant Organization:Imperial Palaces
Registrant Street1:000 Unknown
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Unknown
Registrant State/Province:MI
Registrant Postal Code:55555
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.5555555555
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:paroxsitic@gmail.com
Admin ID:tuhai8CLSNK1G0FE
Admin Name:Brian H
Admin Organization:Imperial Palaces
Admin Street1:000 Unknown
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Unknown
Admin State/Province:MI
Admin Postal Code:55555
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.5555555555
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:paroxsitic@gmail.com
Tech ID:tuaWpHyV3U8drcXu
Tech Name:Brian H
Tech Organization:Imperial Palaces
Tech Street1:000 Unknown
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Unknown
Tech State/Province:MI
Tech Postal Code:55555
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.5555555555
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:paroxsitic@gmail.com
Name Server:NS7.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server:NS14.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
0
hokan1 (7)
4/15/2007 5:44:02 PM
On Apr 13, 11:53 pm, Paroxsi...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Yet I still cannot send mail to hotmail. I can send mail to yahoo,
> gmail perfectly, but not hotmail. No emails arrive in my inbox or my
> junk mail folder. I have gone through numerous forums/websites and I
> have been having no luck. If anyone has any information on how I can
> get this to work it would be a life saver.

The following link may be helpful.
http://postmaster.msn.com/Guidelines.aspx

I found this paragraph from the above link interesting:
We encourage you to e-mail Microsoft upon posting your SPF record to
the DNS. This will help ensure your record is automatically included
in our SIDF cache. Send an e-mail with your domain name in the body of
the message (for example, mydomain.com) to senderid@microsoft.com. If
you have multiple domain names, please list each domain on a separate
line in the body of the message.


0
4/17/2007 1:10:42 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

sendmail won't send mail again
Hello! I want to use a perl CGI script behind apache to serve info inqueries and did something like the following: open(MAIL,"| $mailprog -t"); print MAIL "To: $to\n"; print MAIL "From: $webmaster_email\n"; print MAIL "X-Mailer: DaySpot Powered.\n"; print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n"; print MAIL "$message"; print MAIL "\n.\n"; close MAIL; Where From field is some yahoo email account. The apache runs as apache:apache. Now I find it couldn't send out ...

newbie question: sendmail doesn't send mail to external mail account.
Hi there, It seems send mail doesn't send mail to external mail account in my FreeBSD 4.8 BOX. However, I'm able to receive mail from external mail, such as yahoo, hotmail account. My config is: FreeBSD 4.8 ISP: bell Sympatico high speed with dynamic IP address. SMTP port is enabled on the router/firewall. Can anyone help? bluesnow#mail -v calvin2k_cn@yahoo.com Subject: This is a test. Do you hear me? EOT calvin2k_cn@yahoo.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 bluesnow.gotdns.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.8p1/8.12.8; Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:14:51 -0400 (EDT) >>> EHLO bluesnow.gotdns.com 250-bluesnow.gotdns.com Hello localhost [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> MAIL From:<cguan@bluesnow.gotdns.com> SIZE=68 250 2.1.0 <cguan@bluesnow.gotdns.com>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<calvin2k_cn@yahoo.com> >>> DATA 250 2.1.5 <calvin2k_cn@yahoo.com>... Recipient ok 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . 250 2.0.0 h5QLEpDJ006984 Message accepted for delivery calvin2k_cn@yahoo.com... Sent (h5QLEpDJ006984 Message accepted for delivery) Closing connection to [127.0.0.1] >>> QUIT 221 2.0.0 bluesnow.gotdns.com closing connection bluesnow# sendmail -bp /var/spool/mqueue (2 requests) -----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time----...

Mail won't check mail
Ihad a difficulty yesterday, and after I recovered, I found that Mail won't check mail. I send an email from my .mac account to my earthlink account and mail will not retreive it. I checked my email using the web-email and found the mail there, and some mail from others. What could cause Mail to stop retreiving mail? How can I fix it? Thanks, AndyD In article <1grf1p0.1m0bixe1503zn4N%andyda@earthlink.net>, Andy Dannelley <andyda@earthlink.net> wrote: > Ihad a difficulty yesterday, and after I recovered, I found that Mail > won't check mail. > > I send an email from my .mac account to my earthlink account and mail > will not retreive it. > > I checked my email using the web-email and found the mail there, and > some mail from others. > > What could cause Mail to stop retreiving mail? > > How can I fix it? Did you try repairing permissions? Did you check your Account settings, including advanced, to make sure that nothing was changed? Cathy -- "there's a dance or two in the old dame yet." - mehitabel C.Stevenson, M.D. cats1921@invalidsonic.net Cathy Stevenson <cats1921@invalidsonic.net> wrote: > In article <1grf1p0.1m0bixe1503zn4N%andyda@earthlink.net>, Andy > Dannelley <andyda@earthlink.net> wrote: > > > Ihad a difficulty yesterday, and after I recovered, I found that Mail > > won't check mail. > > > > I send an email from my .mac...

'mail'/'sendmail' with higher priority??
Is there a way to send high priority mails to the other specific unix users, by using my unix login? I checked with the options for 'mail' and 'sendmail' and couldn't find anything relevant to it. qazmlp1209@rediffmail.com writes: > Is there a way to send high priority mails to the other specific unix > users, by using my unix login? I checked with the options for 'mail' > and 'sendmail' and couldn't find anything relevant to it. Normally, mail goes into a queue for delivery. And the queue process sends out the mail. With the right priviled...

can't send mail using mail()
hello, i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but the parameters already had value. do you know what is wrong? thank you fasisi wrote: > hello, > > i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the > mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), > the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but > the parameters already had value. > > do you know what is wrong? > > thank you Sorry, my crystal ball is broken. I can't see your code. Try posting your code so we can see what might be wrong. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== On Mar 16, 8:14=A0pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.net> wrote: > fasisi wrote: > > hello, > > > i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the > > mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), > > the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but > > the parameters already had value. > > > do you know what is wrong? > > > thank you > > Sorry, my crystal ball is broken. =A0I can't see your code. > > Try posting your code so we can s...

Sending mail without sendmail or highly secure sendmail
Hello all, I am setting up a very secure Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server version 4 update 6 server. My sendmail version is 8.13.1. My mail server is a Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 with its patches. They are both on the same subnet. DNS is on and it will resolve the mail server's name and IP. SSH, SCP, SFTP, and such tools are the only networkable protocols on. NFS if off, MOUNTD is off, PORTMAP is off, and such. Until just recently sendmail was off on the RHEL server as part of the hardening procedure. However part of the auditing requirements is for a mail message to go out to some admin if certain events occur such as "disk is full," "a panic occurred," "the system rebooted" etc. So I will perhaps cut sendmail on and mitigate the risk as best as possible. So, this sounds dumb, but can you send mail without sendmail. I think perhaps no, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Secondly does anyone have a harden .mc file from which they could share what they did? Of course you can fudge in phoney IP and names to protect your secured environment. Advice or insight do any of you have on securing sendmail is appreciated? I want to avoid such things as promiscuous relays, unqualified senders, etc etc. But if it must be ... it must be. :) Thanks George <george.e.sullivan@saic.com> wrote: > I am setting up a very secure Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server > version 4 update 6 server. My sendmai...

Why won't Mail send?
I try sending a message but it goes right into the Outbox...no progress bar in the Activity Monitor, no audible "swish", Connection Doctor shows green dots for all accounts in/out... I quit Mail and re-launch, open the message and click SEND and it goes right away. Happening every time now, with dot.Mac, Yahoo and other POP accounts. Makes me wanna switch to Entourage (ugh). I've deleted my com.mail preferences, rebuilt my mailboxes but still no luck. Anyone had this issue before? In article <170520082231493311%melvin@nospam.net>, melvin <melvin@nospam.net> wrote: > I try sending a message but it goes right into the Outbox...no progress > bar in the Activity Monitor, no audible "swish", Connection Doctor > shows green dots for all accounts in/out... > > I quit Mail and re-launch, open the message and click SEND and it goes > right away. Happening every time now, with dot.Mac, Yahoo and other POP > accounts. Makes me wanna switch to Entourage (ugh). > > I've deleted my com.mail preferences, rebuilt my mailboxes but still no > luck. Anyone had this issue before? This appears very similar to a problem I (and some other posters to this group) have been having with Mail. It is a fairly recent problem, so it may be a bug in a fairly new version. Quite often when I attempt to send a mail message I get a message (usually but not always immediately) that says something like "unable to send . . .&...

Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge With me at least it doesn't. We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients. I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file. PM reported a successful transaction, b...

Mac Mail won't send
I recently switched from Eudora to the Mac Mail which came with OS X.5 Mac Mail worked well but all of a sudden it won't send. Any solutions? In the meantime I have gone back to Eudora. In article <flo9lo$if2$1@theodyn.ncf.ca>, aa994@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gunther Abrahamson) wrote: > I recently switched from Eudora to the Mac Mail which came with OS X.5 > > Mac Mail worked well but all of a sudden it won't send. Any solutions? > > In the meantime I have gone back to Eudora. I can think of two problems I've run into which generate the same symptoms: (1) somehow, the default account for sending got switched or modified in someway, so that it is no longer valid; (2) Mail encountered an error when trying to send mail (perhaps a transient connectivity glitch) and so is still in "off-line" mode. Check for (1) by looking in the Mail Preferences, and confirming that all settings (including any port numbers and/or passwords) are correct. Check for (2) by looking for a little Alert symbol - this would appear beside the Inbox item in the mailbox pane on the left. If Mail got stuck sending, you will also see an Out box (I forget exactly how it is labelled). If you see the alert symbol, double-click on it... ...

Can't get any mail out with sendmail
Hello everyone I'm using sendmail as part of my A@H 2.8 setup. The environment is mixed with windows server acting as the main mail "server". I want to configure sendmail to use that server as smart-host for all the mail traffic in the office and outside of it, this server is accepting connections from the office ip subnet range. No authentication is used. Here's what I've done so far in my /etc/mail/sendmail.mc <<< FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl dnl FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX')dnl LOCAL_DOMAIN(`localhost.localdomain')dnl MASQUERADE_AS(`my.domain.tld')dnl FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl dnl FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)dnl dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomainalias.com)dnl dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomain.lan)dnl define(`SMART_HOST', `internal.exchange-server.dns-name.local') MAILER(smtp)dnl MAILER(procmail)dnl >>> Now, if I go to this `internal.exchange-server.dns-name.local' and do manual mail posting to, say gmail, all is working fine. But when I try to use sendmail as the middle man, it doesn't for some reason seem to work. Here are the logs from /var/log/maillog <<< Jun 5 01:09:07 asterisk1 sendmail[3433]: k54M7IBZ003430: to=<hq4ever@gmail.com>, ctladdr=<root@asterisk1.local> (0/0), delay=00:00:40, xdelay=00:00:40, mailer=esmtp, pri=120305, relay=gmail.com., dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: N...

mail() function doesn't seem to be sending MAIL FROM: properly
I'm trying to send an email using the mail() function. I've carefully made use of the ini_set(SMTP, "mail.my.server") function to set my SMTP server and also to set my From: address. I'm still getting a "Relaying not explicitly allowed: fakeemail@fakedomain.com" response from the server however, when I try and set a recipient who is outside of my own domain. This makes my think that the From: address is somehow not getting sent to my server properly or that I'm pointing at the wrong server. The confounding thing is that it was working for a while and I don't think I changed anything and it just stopped. I'm running these PHP pages for a client off of one of those cheap hosting services, I think it's called 1dollarhost.com or something, although I can't remember at the moment. Has anyone else had trouble with this or found a solution? Many thanks, Todd tzuccolo2001@yahoo.com wrote: > I'm trying to send an email using the mail() function. I've carefully > made use of the ini_set(SMTP, "mail.my.server") function to set my SMTP > server and also to set my From: address. I'm still getting a "Relaying > not explicitly allowed: fakeemail@fakedomain.com" response from the > server however, when I try and set a recipient who is outside of my own > domain. This makes my think that the From: address is somehow not > getting sent to my server properly or that I'm pointing at...

problem with sendmail, not sending mails to some mail servers like yahoo except gmail
hi this is sasidhar, we have CentOS5 with default sendmail configuration. Initially it is sending mails to gmail, yahoo etc. last few days it is not sending mails to yahoo. In maillog I observed that for yahoo mails the stat value is deferred. I tried everything by browsing google but I didn't find any solution to this problem. Finally I came here with lots of hope. In mail queue there are more than 1 lack, most of them yahoo, rediff etc. For gmail it is not giving any problem every mail is going. please give any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks, sasidhar. On 11/5/2009 11:36 PM, sasidhar prabhakar wrote: > hi this is sasidhar, > > we have CentOS5 with default sendmail configuration. > Initially it is sending mails to gmail, yahoo etc. last few days it is > not sending mails to yahoo. > In maillog I observed that for yahoo mails the stat value is deferred. > I tried everything by browsing google but I didn't find any solution > to this problem. > Finally I came here with lots of hope. > > In mail queue there are more than 1 lack, most of them yahoo, rediff > etc. For gmail it is not giving any problem every mail is going. > > please give any suggestions to solve this problem. > > Thanks, > sasidhar. > > > Deferred is generally not a problem. As your queue runs (usually, once an hour), it will try again (and again, as necessary). You can force sendmail to run the queue by running it wi...

Can't send mail using Mail.app, but can with Thunderbird
Hello, I am having one heck of a time, and it's killing me. I am new to the world of OS X but am adapting well, with one exception - Mail. Here's the deal. Using Thunderbird, I can send mail out with password authentication. I can send it via port 25 normally or via port 465 via SSL. I can also telnet to port 25 and see the standard email connection, and I can even fake it out using the proper sequence of commands. I can telnet to port 465, although since that's SSL I can't easily fake key negotiation or anything like that - but, it does establish a connection. However, Mai...

Mac Mail won't send #2
Problem resolved on its own. But thanks for the info. I have saved it for future reference. ...

Sendmail won't send outside my subnet
Sendmail won't send outside my subnet. I'm pretty sure this isn't a DNS problem. All nslookups resolve without any problem, and running sendmail with the the -bv option for verifying address seems to work nicely. The server receives mail from anywhere and sends it locally and within the subnet, but attempts to connect outside the subnet result in sendmail hanging somewhere in the middle of the SMTP communication process. Example: david@myserver:~/work$ /usr/sbin/sendmail -v me@yahoo.com <zendstuff me@yahoo.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 myserver.xxx.edu ESMTP Sendmail 8.14.3/8.14.3; Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:50:10 -0500 >>> EHLO myserver.xxx.edu 250-myserver.xxx.edu Hello localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-EXPN 250-VERB 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> VERB 250 2.0.0 Verbose mode >>> MAIL From:<david@myserver.xxx.edu> SIZE=27 250 2.1.0 <david@myserver.xxx.edu>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<me@yahoo.com> >>> DATA 250 2.1.5 <me@yahoo.com>... Recipient ok 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . Any ideas? I'm running this on a new Debian Lenny server. davidst <davidst.vz@gmail.com> wrote in <48f320f5-fa15-4471-b4a1-8c8c211f0ad3@g6g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>: > Sendmail won't send outside my subnet. I'm pretty sure this isn&...

Can't move mail from Sendmail Server to workstation
Hello, I'm running Sendmail 8.12.11 on a RedHat 9 box I can send and receive mail when seated directly at the Sendmail/RedHat box I can send mail outfrom my XP Professional workstation to the Sendmail/Redhat Box using the mail client and Sendmail sends mail out OK. But, when mail comes in and is placed in /var/spool/mail mailbox, and I try to get that mail using the mail client, I get a "connected" message but nothing happens. Did I define the wrong delivery agent ? Do I need to define another one ? Any help would be appreciated. Here's my mc file : VERSIONID(`Red ...

Mail Links In Web Apps won't open any mail apps? Help!!! Thanks
that is if I click on a link in Safari or Internet Explorer that contains an e-mail address it won't open a mail app. the dock kind of moves a bit and that's it. this is a total pain in the butt because these address's are imbedded and I can't see what the address is. I checked the useless discussions on the apple sight and they were uh...useless. I checked all preferences and that didn't fix it.Someone suggested that the default setting in the apple mail app would have a place to set it but that didn't work. Any suggestions? thanks for the help -- Barry ...

hotmail see's sendmail emails as junk mail
everytime i send and email to hotmail, it shows up as junk mail(and either goes into the junk mail folder or gets deleted). i did a bit of testing and it works on yahoo, and every other mail service i checked. the problem only seems to be with hotmail. I found out hotmail tends to reject email that does not have a from or to address in the email. My emails all have that. I used to run postfix before, and hotmail would accept it so i suspect its something to do with sendmails settings. i want to know what i can do so hotmail does not see email coming from my server as junk mail. I'm...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

Mail for OS X on new hard drive won't import Mail on old hd
I recently installed an additional hard drive (running Tiger), but I kept my old one (running Panther), too, to use as a backup. After resolving a few snags, the data and apps transferred over OK, but two days ago I (very foolishly) tried to make a change in the name I use as Administrator (or at least that's what I meant to do), and all the apps on my new hard drive forgot their passwords, preferences, etc. What a pain! I can eventually fix everything, except I can't get Mail for OS X on the new hd to import data from the Mail on the old hd. In the new Mail, under the File...

Mail for OS X on new hard drive won't import Mail on old hd
I recently installed an additional hard drive (running Tiger), but I kept my old one (running Panther), too, to use as a backup. After resolving a few snags, the data and apps transferred over OK, but two days ago I (very foolishly) tried to make a change in the name I use as Administrator (or at least that's what I meant to do), and all the apps on my new hard drive forgot their passwords, preferences, etc. What a pain! I can eventually fix everything, except I can't get Mail for OS X on the new hd to import data from the Mail on the old hd. In the new Mail, under the File...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

Sendmail 8.9.3
I know that my version is old but had been working fine. This Linux system (Calera eServer 2.3) has been working flawlessly for years now. Then all of a sudden I have the following issue. I have two pc's and a Mac on a home network (192.x.x.x}. One PC has a static IP from my ISP (69.x.x.x) and the other machines get dynamically assigned ones. Connection to the internet is via a hub and a DSL modem. On the PC with the static IP I am able to send and receive mail from my own mail server (69.x.x.x). On the other two I can only send, not receive. Is there a simple answer to why this is happening? Thanks Marshall On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:42:39 -0700 Marshall Smith wrote: > I know that my version is old but had been working fine. This Linux system > (Calera eServer 2.3) has been working flawlessly for years now. Then all of > a sudden I have the following issue. I have two pc's and a Mac on a home [...] > Marshall All of a sudden being *hacked*? 21/tcp open ftp WU-FTPD wu-2.5.0 23/tcp open telnet Linux telnetd 25/tcp open smtp Sendmail 8.9.3/8.9.3 80/tcp open http Apache httpd 1.3.9 ((Unix) PHP/3.0.12) 109/tcp open pop2? 110/tcp open pop3 ipop3d 7.60 111/tcp open rpcbind 2 (rpc #100000) 389/tcp open ldap (Anonymous bind OK) 782/tcp open nfs 2 (rpc #100003) 901/tcp open samba-swat? 1000/tcp open http Webmin http...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thought it might be related to some terminate symbol, so i tried: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -messagefile=msg.txt which should send message from a file, but still, i get std input waiting for input, and unable to terminate except for ^C.) i am using the fedora distribution by the way. thanks. In article <4100396a-486b-4d25-b2e7-8fcb753a8c63@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com> jack.monflower@gmail.com writes: >hello, >i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... >nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) >so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: > ># /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com >... Type in message using headers etc >. > >and that's it, the message would be sent. >however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail >terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "...

Web resources about - Sendmail won't send mail hotmail. - comp.mail.sendmail

Resources last updated: 3/25/2016 5:09:37 AM