Sendmaill not able to send mails to certain domains!!

Dear all

I am having a problem in sending mails using Dialup (PPP) connections.

I will explain the setup.
 I had configured a mail   server in my office using Linux sendmail and

Redhat 9, which handles the complete intranet and mails to internet.Now

i am facing a problem  in which i am not able to send mails to very few

domains, like  rediffmail.com and some more.

for eg:

root# telnet mail1.rediffmail.com 25
Trying mail1.rediffmail.com
Closing connection of mail1.rediffmail.com
Trying mail2.rediffmail.com
Closing connection of mail1.rediffmail.com
Trying mail2.rediffmail.com
Closing connection of mail2.rediffmail.com
Connection Closed by Foreign host

root#

This is the problem. But i am able to telnet to ther hosts like
yahoo.com, hotmail.com etc.

The solution i got from linux mailing list was

either recompile kernel with CONFIG_INET_ECN = N or
sysctl by  /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn with 0 which
  allows ECN support to be disabled at runtime.Redhat 2.4 kernel
comes with ecn enabled , but 2.2 kernel works fine.

I tried out the above options but i was not able to send mails to
rediffmail.com. My server is refusing this on a dialup connection
through VSNL. But i am able send mails to rediffmail.com from the same
setup
with a DSL or Cable internet connection.

Thanks in advance.

Regds

Narayanan Subramaniam

Narayanan Subramaniam wrote:

> I tried out the above options but i was not able to send mails to
> rediffmail.com. My server is refusing this on a dialup connection
> through VSNL. But i am able send mails to rediffmail.com from the same
> setup with a DSL or Cable internet connection.

try using the mail relay of your provider as smarthost.

Bye,
Andreas
0
spam6021 (42)

Mails from my sendmail server are rejected by certain domains!!!
Dear all, I had setup a sendmail mailserver in my system which is running in redhta9.0. The mail server sends and receive mails from localdomains as well as from internet . My mail server was working on a dialup connection and we had problems sending mails to certain domains like rediffmail.com . Now inorder to solve the issue, i replaced the dialup connections with a DSL connection of 64 Kbps .Now the problems are multiplied, i cannot send mails to internet partcularly to domains like rediffmail.com , yahoomail.com..etc. But i can receive mails from all these sites.when i send a mail to rediffmail.com that mail is bouned back and received by postmaster(in my case it is root) I have set the hostname as focuz and domainname is com. I had also set the Masquerade option as cluster.tech . The masquerade_envelope is also enabled.follwoing is the content of returned mail. From MAILER-DAEMON@benz-group.com Wed Jul 7 18:50:09 2004 Return-Path: <MAILER-DAEMON@cluster.tech> Received: from localhost (localhost) by cluster.tech (8.12.8/8.12.8) id i67DK9Vi004137; Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:50:09 +0530 Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:50:09 +0530 From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@afbl.com> Message-Id: <200407071320.i67DK9Vi004137@cluster.tech> To: <root@cluster.tech> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status; boundary="i67DK9Vi004137.1089206409/cluster.tech" Subject: Returned mail: ...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local alias which is redirected to /dev/null. This solution is also unmanageable in the long run. Therefore I turn to you for guidance and information on how to find a solution for the spam problem on my server. Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :) Thx, /Timo_S On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:03:08 +0300 Timo_S wrote: > I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running > Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient > but not manageable in the long run. > > The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but > it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for > information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the > ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the > /etc/mail/access file. What do these "bad scripts" do...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

Sendmail delivers mail locally instead of sending it to other domain / Solaris 9
Hi, I found a few old postings but they were not very helpful. Trying to configure Sendmail that came preinstalled with Solaris 9 - to send messages to my e-mail. Right now it delivers each message locally. ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- koracd@saic-dc.com (reason: 553 5.3.5 system config error) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 553 5.3.5 mailhost config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?) 554 5.3.5 Local configuration error The mailhost /etc/hosts is the localbox I am trying to send mail from. Thanks Dusan On Jun 29, 11:46 am, Du...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thought it might be related to some terminate symbol, so i tried: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -messagefile=msg.txt which should send message from a file, but still, i get std input waiting for input, and unable to terminate except for ^C.) i am using the fedora distribution by the way. thanks. In article <4100396a-486b-4d25-b2e7-8fcb753a8c63@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com> jack.monflower@gmail.com writes: >hello, >i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... >nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) >so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: > ># /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com >... Type in message using headers etc >. > >and that's it, the message would be sent. >however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail >terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "...

Sendmail sending user@domain.com to my local machine instead of my mail server.
Hi All I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. It works when I send out mails to username@gmail.com or username@yahoo.com, etc. But when I send out mails to username@abc.com, the mails get sent to itself, i.e. machine A1. And the maillog shows that the Local mailer was called to send the mail instead of the ESMTP mailer. I have other Freebsd machines, and have no problem sending mails to username@abc.com. I've tried everything, including copying all the files in /etc/mail from my other working Freebsd machines to machine A1, and do a make, make install, make restart. But machine A1 still calls the local mailer to deliver mails addressed to @abc.com. Machine A1 is acting as if it is the mail server for the domain. I don't have local-domains, local-host-names, files, etc. I just use the original sendmail.com.mc file. Can anybody help? Thank you very much in anticipation. Gui cmgui2@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All > > I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. > I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails > occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server > for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. > > It...

mails sent by sendmail were treated as junk mail
Hi there, I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure it to work as my main mailserver which allow POP3 and SMTP connection from outside. My problem is that I cannot send out any mails which appears like sender: xxx@mydomain.com. If I send mail through terminal, my sent-out mail would looks like aaa@hostname.mydomain.com instead of aaa@mydomain.com. hostnam.mydomain.com is a qualified name of my linux box runing sendmail. Second, I configured a openwebmail on this linux box to allow users login from anywhere to manager their mails, and it works fine. However, all the out-going mails sent throug openwebmail are treated as junk mail by most mail server like hotmail and yahoo. It was complained as unknown sender(at this case, sender appears aaa@mydomain.com) Does anyone have any experience in such situation or have any ideas how to configure sendmail to solve my problems? My network setting is simply as router -> DMZ zone -> linux box which is runing sendmail. I have a domain, mydomain.com, which is parking at a domain hosting company where my zone file is actually located. I changed the MX record in the zone file so that it points to my static ip address(eg. 10.11.12.113). After some simple changes were done, I can receive any emails sent to my domain, like xxx@mydomain.com. Thanks for any ideas! In article <d57b272d.0405151235.19d0384b@posting.google.com> vbcache@hotmail.com (cerberus) writes: > >I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure ...

config error: why sendmail concatenates my own domain and domain found mail address?
Hi, I have problems trying send mail via sendmail (.forward) to cf16r@wp.pl, my domain is dorotamama.eu. (not real name) and I get following: May 6 17:55:47 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FrhNl003854: to=cf16r@wp.pl, delay=00:02:03, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=91761, relay=wp.pl.dorotamama.eu. [89.75.41.50], dsn=5.3.5, stat=Local configuration error May 6 17:55:47 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FrhNl003854: r46FtlNl003856: DSN: Local configuration error May 6 17:55:48 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FtlNl003856: to=<cf1g@gmail.com, delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=60000, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com. [173.194.70.27], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (OK 1367855748 i8si29208219eem.229 - gsmtp) May 6 17:55:48 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FtlNl003856: to=me, delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=60000, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent with gmail there is No PROBLEM, onet.pl No Problem, wp.pl PROBLEM. additionally here from mail.err: May 6 17:55:47 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FrhNl003854: SYSERR(me): wp.pl.dorotamama.eu. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?) so I tried `cf16r@wp.pl` (it is correct address) but it concatenates to be: `cf16r@wp.pl.dorotamama.eu.` ????????? **why?** other domain are working OK. (at least few that I checked till this moment) **so, does it means wp.pl wasn't resolved?** why it concatenates domains, then tries to send mail to cf16r@wp.pl.dorotamama.eu. instead of cf16r@wp.pl ----...

Sendmail not sending mails immediately
Hello, We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails and we would like those mails to be sent immediately. Currently there are sitting in the queue a few minutes and then they get sent. I didn't configure anything differently no that box. And sendmail is running as the following: root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m My question now is: how do I configure sendmail to send immediately mails ? Regards > root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m > smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m Replace -q15m with -q1s Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. I should add that -q1s implies that sendmail will process the mail queue every single second... so it's unnecessary overhead. I suggest you try with -q1m so it's once every minute... it's not too bad, but it could still be too much overhead for your system. Try to find a compromise between response times and overhead. I suggest you read the sendmail manual page for further information about the command line options... Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. Syn <syn_NOSPAM_uw@hotmail.com> writes: >We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails an...

Sendmail Delay Sending Mail
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. Heres my problem. I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server needs to send a high volume of mail from php scripts. Previously I had my sendmail set to queue only and the scripts ran fast and the q went up quickly but the mail got sent. Something must have changed in the configuration or somewhere on the server as now when I run the scripts they take up to a minute to return the mail status to the script so the volume of mail i can send is ridiculously slow. I have checked the following: Timeout.ident=0 TryNullMXList=True An NSLookup on my server returns an answer immdiately but i do not via a local DNS server. I have Bind DNS installed on the server but it just contains information for the local domains running on this server. My mailog does not appear to be showing any errors and i have the loglevel on 9. Will someone please help a poor struggling developer whos going round in circles on the FAQs and news groups whilst loosing money poor volume of mail being sent! Thanks Panksy Cathy wrote: > Hi, I hope someone can help me. > > I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in > sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. > > Heres my problem. > > I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server > needs ...

How to configure sendmail to send mails
FUP from comp.lang.python Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 15:38:25 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 5/9/2013 4:29 =CE=BC=CE=BC, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 feedth= etroll =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: >>> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to >>> setip up to work. >>> i cannot connect to it via my python script. >> OK, I should have been more exact: >> To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent, >> Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ... >> >> DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (=3D"mailbox management", "pop3(s)", >> "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a >> WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails= ..) >> >> So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access, >> don't you) and configure it. >> >> But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic. >=20 > i as root just inatslled >=20 > sendmail and mailx. i have edited the ~/.mailrc to use: > > nikos@superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# cat ~/.mailrc > account gmail { > set smtp-use-starttls > set smtp=3Dsmtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 > set smtp-auth=3Dlogin > set smtp-auth-user=3Dmay)gmail > set smtp-auth-password=3Dmy_gmail_pass_not_stupid_enough_to_w...

Sendmail refuses to send mail
Hi, only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Thanks in advance! --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- newbie_at_sendmail wrote: > only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. > Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). > Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. > > What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Start by posting some log entries from an email that is bouncing. I would also be tempted to think about sniffing the SMTP traffic. However seeing as how the message is being rejected with a 4xx series code, it should still be in a mail queue on your system (presuming that it is the system your server is passing the message off to th...

Problem to send out the mails with SENDMAIL
Hi, am using RedHat 9 and sendmail. I can send mail to internal box of the same Linux station. a have problem to send mail out of office by using another smtp server of company wich is connected to internet. my DNS configuration work fine. I can ping my smtp server and connect to smtp port (all work fine) I think that a problem is around "sendmail.cf" or "sendmail.mc" The sendmail log file informe that the messages sended are queued. I am using command line to test (mail) you can find my configuration file bellow : can somone help me ? Thanks a lot for your help @ns +++++++++++++++++++++++ Linux station : serveur1.toto.com Smtp Server : mail.toto.com +++++++++++++++++++++++ ################################ # SENDMAIL.CF ################################ Cwlocalhost # file containing names of hosts for which we receive email Fw/etc/mail/local-host-names # my official domain name # ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your domain #Dj$w.Foo.COM Djserveur1.toto.com CP. # "Smart" relay host (may be null) #DS DSmail.toto.com ################################ # LOCAL-HOST-NAMES ################################ @toto.com ...

send mail without.. sendmail ?
It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon running? Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more than I can handle as a part time admin. Thanks, bl8n8r bad_knee <bl8n8r@yahoo.com> wrote: > It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run > sen...

Solaris Sendmail not sending to certain domains
Hi everybody: I'm having trouble configuring sendmail to send messages to yahoo.com and many other well-known domains. This is a client's server (call it myserver) in a different city and network than my own. It's suspiciously strange that so far I'm only able to send messages succesfully to my own company domain. Could it be that yahoo.com and others are somehow rejecting my messages? OS: Solaris 8 Sendmail: ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.6+Sun/8.11.6 Say my domain is cansend.com, configuration is as follows: $cat /etc/relay-domains cansend.com yahoo.com $cat /etc/mail/access localhost RELAY 127.0.0.1 RELAY #not sure if necessary, just trying yahoo.com RELAY # cansend.com is not in this file eventually converted to /etc/mail/access.db $makemap hash /etc/mail/access.db < /etc/mail/access I *think* I'm using FEATURE(`access_db') as shown below, but I'm not really sure since I see sendmail.cf files in /etc/mail and /usr/lib/mail/cf. (On a related question, how can I tell which one I'm using? Why are there two of them?) $cat /usr/lib/mail/cf/sendmail.mc divert(0)dnl VERSIONID(`@(#)main-v7sun.mc 1.5 (Sun) 09/12/01') OSTYPE(`solaris8')dnl DOMAIN(`solaris-generic')dnl MAILER(`local')dnl MAILER(`smtp')dnl FEATURE(`access_db') /etc/hosts has a bunch of ip's, since myserver didn't use dns previously. I think this line might be relevant. 172.25.29.4 myserver myserver. loghost unsucce...

How to enable Mail Directory instead of Mail File in Sendmail/Procmail?
Hi, Again a newbie question. I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in seperate file). thanks Rohit. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com> writes: > Again a newbie question. > > I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to > know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each > mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in > seperate file). > > thanks You can easily change it in per user ~user/.procmailrc or global /etc/procmailrc http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section4.html#4.3 Q4.3 -- How can I get sendmail to deliver local mail to $HOME/.mail instead of into /usr/spool/mail (or /usr/mail)? -- [en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/ Netcraft Site Rank: 462490 Thanks for replying Andrzej. But, this does not answer my question. I want mails in my inbox to be deposited in the Mail Directory and not mail file. For Example, I want to specify each mail to the mailbox is stored as independent file. So, if I have 5 mails for me then there are 5 files in my mail directory. I am looking for either system wide or mailbox size setting. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com>...

How to send mail without sendmail running?
I'm positive that I've sent email from a Linux system before, WITHOUT sendmail running. When I tried to do this on a Fedora Core 1 box running sendmail 8.12, I could not send email to anyone on the localhost, or to an outside domain. Is there a way to configure sendmail so that it's not running, but will still allow sending email to external domains, other users on that host, mail from cron jobs, etc.? -Thanks Fred <itfred@cdw.com> writes: >I'm positive that I've sent email from a Linux system >before, WITHOUT sendmail running. When I tried to do >this on a Fedora Core 1 box running sendmail 8.12, I >could not send email to anyone on the localhost, or >to an outside domain. Is there a way to configure >sendmail so that it's not running, but will still >allow sending email to external domains, other users >on that host, mail from cron jobs, etc.? The best solution is to run a sendmail daemon listening *only* on 127.0.0.1 . That is probably the fedora default configuration. If you want it to run the old way, then chmod 4555 sendmail rm /etc/mail/submit.cf ### or rename to submit.cf.dist On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 15:29:27 +0000, Neil W Rickert wrote: > The best solution is to run a sendmail daemon listening > *only* on 127.0.0.1 . That is probably the fedora default > configuration. > > If you want it to run the old way, then > > chmod 4555 sendmail > rm /etc/mail/submit.cf ### or ...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

Web resources about - Sendmaill not able to send mails to certain domains!! - comp.mail.sendmail