Service not available with STARTLS SMTP

I've installed Redmine. I'm trying to use sendmail from Redmine to send mai=
ls to users. I have used mailertable to specify explicit IP for MX of my or=
ganization:
append FEATURE(`mailertable') to sendmail.mc
m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
add bibalex.org esmtp:[XX:XX:XX:XX] to /etc/mail/mailertable file
makemap hash /etc/mail/mailertable < /etc/mail/mailertable

When Redmine tries to send mail, an error appears in /var/log/mail.log:
Dec  5 14:46:34 aa112531 sendmail[22685]: qB5CkY7q022685: to=3Dmahmoud.muba=
rak@bibalex.org, ctladdr=3Dredmine@archive.bibalex.org (33/33), delay=3D00:=
00:00, xdelay=3D00:00:00, mailer=3Drelay, pri=3D32583, relay=3D[127.0.0.1] =
[127.0.0.1], dsn=3D2.0.0, stat=3DSent (qB5CkYpu022686 Message accepted for =
delivery)
Dec  5 14:46:34 aa112531 sm-mta[22688]: qB5CkYpu022686: to=3D<mahmoud.mubar=
ak@bibalex.org>, delay=3D00:00:00, xdelay=3D00:00:00, mailer=3Dsmtp, pri=3D=
122874, relay=3D[XX:XX:XX:XX] [XX:XX:XX:XX], dsn=3D4.0.0, stat=3DDeferred: =
421 4.3.2 Service not available

My organization's MX server uses STARTLS, and it seems that sendmail is try=
ing to communicate with the MX over plaintext.

Any suggestions on configuring sendmail correctly to work with my organizat=
ion's MX would be appreciated.

--=20
Mahmoud A. Mubarak
Bibliotheca Alexandrina

Sendmail and Available STMP Services?
I am playing a long shot here. I worked in IT for years and when I retired I installed sendmail on a Slackware server with my own domain name for me (Alpine) and my wife (Outlook) to use. It has allowed me to do a lot of nice things such as an email account for each vendor I deal with (e.g. sears@mydomain.com) and temporary email accounts. They both come in handy when figuring out how a spammer obtained my email address and they also allow me to easily delete an account without affecting my personal email. Unfortunately my ISP is shutting down their servers to save money and they...

421 SMTP service not available
I was looking into some mail not arriving on a sendmail-8.13.0 machine. From several other hosts, telnetting to port 25 results in 421 SMTP service not available, closing transmission channel But mail is arriving... I can't tell if this response is only given to some IP addresses (why? and why ones I test from, but not most "real" mail servers?), or what. -- * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/ * * California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! * * http://www.crpa.org/ Free 3 month trial membership available * * ...

Probs in sending mail with sendmail service
Hi I am trying to setup sendmail service for my bugzilla server... installed and configured sendmail service. Here I am able to send mails with telnet <mysite> 25 successfully... But When I try to send mails with sendmail -v <mymailid> the mails are not getting delivered to the destination id... Following is the transcript: ---------------------------- [root@bug mail]# sendmail -v srinivas_matta@yahoo.com test test est .. srinivas_matta@yahoo.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.1/8.13.1; Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:29:29 +0530 >...

Sendmail RBL with backup mail service
Situation: mydomain.com IN MX 10 myserver mydomain.com IN MX 100 backupserver FEATURE(rbl); Mail from spammer_mailserver -> received by myserver -> RBL rejected by myserver -> spammer_mailserver resent to backupserver -> accepted by backupserver -> queued on backupserver -> forwarded to myserver -> accepted by myserver -> mail from spammer_mailserver shows up in my inbox anyway. backupserver is not in my control and has no antispam software. Could any wizard out there possibly tell me how I might rewrite sendmail.cf so that if the backup mail server was the last m...

Unable to fetch mail in Sendmail service
Hi,, I am facing problem on my linux server is in sendmail service we were unable to fetch mail .. Sendmail is unable to define is it hardbounce or the softbounce ?? I check all the service on my server but still unable to resolve the issue. And in log file dovecot service is ok shown.... here is the log shown :- Jan 20 08:30:03 domainname dovecot: POP3(bounce.domainname.org): Disconnected: Logged out top=0/0, retr=0/0, del=0/0, size=0 Jan 20 08:31:00 domainname dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected: rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured Jan 20 08:31:00 domainname dovecot: pop3-login: Login: user=<bounce.domainname.org>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured Jan 20 08:31:01 domainname dovecot: POP3(bounce.domainname.org): Disconnected: Logged out top=0/0, retr=0/0, del=0/1, size=3297 Jan 20 08:31:03 domainname dovecot: pop3-login: Login: user=<bounce.domainname.org>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured Jan 20 08:31:03 domainname dovecot: POP3(bounce.domainname.org): Disconnected: Logged out top=1/805, retr=1/3315, del=0/1, size=3297 ..... Suggest me that how to get rid of this issue ... ??? "Josh" wrote in message news:b914b495-71f9-4a06-8a50-c1e9455b3262@googlegroups.com... Hi,, I am facing problem on my linux server is in sendmail service we were unable to fetch mail .. Sendmail is unable to define is it hardbounce or the softbounce ?? I check all the service on my server but still unabl...

how to keep all outgoing mail on sendmail smtp
Hi All, I review the pass messges on here , but can not find any hints. I check http://www.shub-internet.org/brad/sendmail/index.html and http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ does not have good suggest or the link is down Mr. G. Roderick Singleton give suggest to FAQ, but I am not sure which link should be. Anyone can help? Thanks a lot <kaji_trade@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1142310924.219151.83430@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com > I review the pass messges on here , but can not find any hints. Hint: describe what it is you need. kaji_trade@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, &g...

No RedHat rpm available for Mail::Sendmail; Please advise
On my FreeBSD box, I installed (IIRC) Mail::Sendmail via the ports system. On my Mac OS X laptop, I use CPAN. I know I can install via CPAN, but I did so once on a RH8 box and it conflicted with my rpm database. I think it was DBI. In general, do you advise installing modules via RPM? If there is no distro specific rpm (in my case Red Hat 9) what do you suggest? If no rpm exists at all, should I go CPAN? Finally, what would you do to install Mail::Sendmail for my RH9 box Thanks, Joe ...

how do backup deliver to smtp server mail or copy all mail forward a mail account?
thanks! a wrote: ISP & MX > thanks! Anytime Wolfgang ...

mail delivery to sendmail smtp server ,it can make a copy ?
sendmail 8.12.8 on Redhat 9.0 My sendmail smtp server is ready to sendout .All client sendout mail delivery to smtp server .I want delivery to smtp server all mail make a copy and forward to mail account (root@domain.com) check it . garycheung wrote: > sendmail 8.12.8 on Redhat 9.0 > > My sendmail smtp server is ready to sendout .All client sendout mail > delivery to smtp server .I want delivery to smtp server all mail make a copy > and forward to mail account (root@domain.com) check it . > > Please see the faq for the answer to your question. "G. Roderick Singleton" <gerry@pathtech.org> ??? news:RkT6b.898$G1.5676@tor-nn1.netcom.ca ???... > garycheung wrote: > > sendmail 8.12.8 on Redhat 9.0 > > > > My sendmail smtp server is ready to sendout .All client sendout mail > > delivery to smtp server .I want delivery to smtp server all mail make a copy > > and forward to mail account (root@domain.com) check it . > > > > > > Please see the faq for the answer to your question. > What link of the answer G. Roderick Singleton wrote: > garycheung wrote: > >> sendmail 8.12.8 on Redhat 9.0 >> >> My sendmail smtp server is ready to sendout .All client sendout mail >> delivery to smtp server .I want delivery to smtp server all mail make >> a copy >> and forward to mail account (root@domain.com) check it . > > Please see ...

envoi de mail depuis sendmail -> smtp wanadoo
bonjour, j'ai une passerelle internet sous linux avec serveur de mail (sendmail) et j'ai des probl�mes d'envoi de mail depuis quelque mois. je n'arrive pas a configurer mon serveur pour ne plus envoyer directement les mails sur les Mx des domaines mais en passant par le smtp de mon FAI (smtp.wanadoo.fr) Avez-vous une idee de la technic a employer ? P.S. : sous sendmail.cf j'ai mis en Smart relay : DSsmtp.wanadoo.fr resultat DSN 5.0.0 Service unavailable Linus wrote: > bonjour, > j'ai une passerelle internet sous linux avec serveur de mail (sendmail) et > j'ai des probl�mes d'envoi de mail depuis quelque mois. > je n'arrive pas a configurer mon serveur pour ne plus envoyer directement > les mails sur les Mx des domaines mais en passant par le smtp de mon FAI > (smtp.wanadoo.fr) > > Avez-vous une idee de la technic a employer ? > > P.S. : sous sendmail.cf j'ai mis en Smart relay : DSsmtp.wanadoo.fr > resultat > DSN 5.0.0 Service unavailable > > The smtp.wanadoo.fr address is quite likely for inbound mail only. You should contact support at wanadoo and ask for the hostname of the outbound servers. It may be the same address but if so chances are excellent they will also want you to use authentication. dp ...

Mercury Mail List with ISP's POP/SMTP service
Hello everyone, I am trying to set up Mercury to function as a mail list server, using an account on my ISP's email server. I think I have it all figured out except ..... all messages that go out disappear and never make it to the recipients. There are no errors in the Session logs. The ISP does not use SMTP authentication. When I send out an email from within Mercury and I change the "From" field to the email address on my ISP mail server (maillist@ISP.com) that I am going through it is sent out just fine. When the Mercury sends out emails (confirmations, bounces, e...

UTL_SMTP
We have just set up a Windows 2003 Server with Oracle 9i. We are trying to use UTL_SMTP in a PL/SQL procedure to send an email using our mail server IP (mail server is a different server) and port and we get ORA-29278: SMTP transient error: 421 Service not available We also checked a Java application (outside of Oracle) on the same server that does a send mail and it also can not connect to the Mail Server. *However*, Outlook express on the same server to the same mail server address does work. This tends to rule out the mail server and any firewall as causing the problem...? The PL/SQL procedure is correct as it was copied from another server that sends emails. It seems there is something on the server that does not allow the PL/SQL or the non-Oracle java application to connect to the mail server but does allow Outlook Express to connect to the mail server. Any ideas what to check? dgriffi2@tampabay.rr.com (Dennis Griffith) wrote in news:171029db.0409041011.4566c7e2@posting.google.com: > We have just set up a Windows 2003 Server with Oracle 9i. > > We are trying to use UTL_SMTP in a PL/SQL procedure to send an email > using our mail server IP (mail server is a different server) and port > and we get > ORA-29278: SMTP transient error: 421 Service not available > We also checked a Java application (outside of Oracle) on the same > server that does a send mail and it also can not connect to the Mail > ...

How do I configure sendmail to recognize my SMTP server, so that I can send mail with mutt?
I'm trying to convert to Mutt, but can't get it to send mail. The problem is how sendmail's set up. How can I point send mail to smtp-server.blah.blah? Naota -- naSota@tPampabay.rAr.cMom - > (remove capital letters: SPAM) ...

How to prevent local user daemon for sending mails with Sendmail configured as SMTP authentication.
Hello: We have installed sendmail with SMTP authentication on our server with virtual hosting for different domains. Everything was working fine till I installed apache from source which is running as user daemon. Our sendmail server mailqueue is flooded with messages from daemon@localdomain. Following is the log from the sendmail maillog file: ul 2 09:38:26 190877-dev1 sendmail[20001]: STARTTLS=client, relay=[127.0.0.1], version=TLSv1/SSLv3, verify=FAIL, cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits=256/256 Jul 2 09:38:26 190877-dev1 sendmail[20004]: n62EcQgB020004: from=<daemon@190877-dev1.www.ne...

Sending SMTP mail when SMTP server is unavailable
Hi, We're using the Java mail API to send simple emails from our system via the company's Exchange server, which works just fine. However, we'd like to know what happens if the SMTP server is down, and whether there is a technique available to queue the sent messages in the event of the SMTP service being unavailable, so that they may be resent at a later date. Any ideas? Thanks, Matt matthewjbarr@gmail.com said: >We're using the Java mail API to send simple emails from our system via >the company's Exchange server, which works just fine. However, we'd >l...

Outbound SMTP Mail to SMTP relay mailserver
Hello, We are running Domino 5.12 and need to send all of our outgoing internet mail through an SMTP relay mail server. The only problem is that the outbound relay mailserver requires both a username and a password before it will accept the outbound mail. For the life of me I cannot find a way to set up our Domino server that will provide a username and a password for this outbound SMTP relay mailserver. I have considered going through our Lotus Notes clients but there does not seem to be a way to designate outbound email to go through the external mailserver while inboun...

sendmail patch overwrites /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
Beware: just installed patch 122857-02 (would be 122856 on SPARC) on my machine. Why does this patch overwrite my (custom) /etc/mail/sendmail.cf? This file is marked in the /var/sadm/install/contents database as "e" so should be left alone during patch installation. At least a notice in the patch README would have been nice, but this file just contains useless NOTEs most of the time. Better leave the sendmail.cf alone if it has been changed from the installed one (can be simply checked with the checksum in /var/sadm/install/contents) -- Daniel On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Daniel Rock...

Mail .Mac cannot send mail via smtp mac
I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found without any problem I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, what could be wrong ? thanks joss In article <470de294$0$27376$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found > without any problem > > I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, > what could be wrong ? > > thanks > > joss Without more detail, it's only a guess...bu...

mail stays in mail-queue but alternative MX is available.
Dear group, My environment: Solaris 11 with Sendmail Version 8.14.8 Last Friday we had a problem with our DNS servers for a short time. DNS was= not working internally. We have one external which was responding correclt= y all over the time. During that time a mail was generated and should be se= nt to aon.at=20 AON has 2 MX: mx10.aon.at. and mx20.aon.at. with value 10 and 20 )=20 This e-mail was queued with a syslog message:=20 relay=3Dmx10.aon.at. [213.33.98.148], dsn=3D4.0.0, stat=3DDeferred: Connect= ion timed out with mx10.aon.at. After a short time the DNS issue was solved. A second e-mail was sent to AO= N.=20 This was delivered very fast to relay=3Dmx20.aon.at. [195.3.96.71]=20 The first e-mail was in the queue for 2 days ( i have confTO_QUEUERETURN = =3D 2d ) and then the sender got a Failed Delivery Notification for the fir= st e-mail.=20 mx10.aon.at is not available till now. I am not sure if this problem is really related to the DNS issue we had.=20 Why didn't the sendmail process check the possibility to deliver the queued= e-mail to mx20.aon.at. This was available all the time. I thought - and th= is is maybe a misunderstanding by myself - the sendmail process is trying a= ll MX for a domain if it tries to deliver an e-mail out of the queue.=20 Kind regards=20 Hans=20 --=20 Hans Mayer wrote: > This e-mail was queued with a syslog message: > relay=mx10.aon.at. [213.33.98.148], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Def...

Sending mail in Apple Mail via SMTP over SSL
This is a little weird, but here's the deal...I'd appreciate any help! I need to supply IMAP and SMTP for remote users (students) and want to use Apple Mail. IMAPS works great. SMTPS doesn't. I can telnet into port 465 and get to the SMTPS server just fine - I just can't send mail through Apple Mail or any other client (Entourage or Thunderbird). Thunderbird WILL work if I select TLS instead of SSL, but TLS isn't an option in Apple Mail or Entourage. I get the same behavior using Thunderbird on Windows. The backend server is Exchange 2003 with all SP and patches. Th...

Hello all, I am setting up a very secure Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server version 4 update 6 server. My sendmail version is 8.13.1. My mail server is a Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 with its patches. They are both on the same subnet. DNS is on and it will resolve the mail server's name and IP. SSH, SCP, SFTP, and such tools are the only networkable protocols on. NFS if off, MOUNTD is off, PORTMAP is off, and such. Until just recently sendmail was off on the RHEL server as part of the hardening procedure. However part of the auditing requirements is for a mail messag...

Mail Services
I'm having a problem with using the Mail Services. I highlight a piece of text that I want to send to someone and then select the Service:Mail:Send Selection menu item. It then tries to launch some OS 9 application, starting up the Classic environment if it isn't already running. It then fails to launch whatever mail application is the default. I have Apple's Mail application set as the default. It's also set as the default in the OS 9 Internet Config control panel. If the Mail application is running then everything works fine. Although, the new Compose window doesn...

SMTP services
Hello, i'm new in this forum and a newbie openBSD user. I was playing a little with the sendmail, and i have a question abou SMTP service: If i want users to login before send a message o messages how can i do it? or it is better use poploginbefore? Thanks for all - Cro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message227281.htm On Sun, 16 May 2004 05:39:47 -0500 Crow wrote: > I was playing...

Web resources about - Service not available with STARTLS SMTP - comp.mail.sendmail

Florida Gov. Rick Scott Won’t Answer Questions on Trump’s Views of Islam
Republican Florida Gov. Rick Scott declined to directly answer questions about whether he thinks Muslims in Florida hate America, leading MSNBC ...

Waze 4.0 Launches on Google Play, Fancy ETA Panel and Improved Power Consumption
After much teasing, Waze 4.0 is officially available on Google Play, bringing a gang of changes to Android users. Inside, Waze has “significantly” ...

Run the Jewels made a VR music video for 'Crown'
Rappers Killer Mike and El-P teamed up for two albums worth of tracks under the name Run the Jewels. There's also a collection full of remixes ...

Apple to unveil new creations on March 21
Apple on Thursday sent out invitations to a press event at which it is expected to unveil new iPhone and iPad models. In keeping with its practice, ...

Shooting Near Pittsburgh Kills 5 and Wounds 3 at Party
New York Times Shooting Near Pittsburgh Kills 5 and Wounds 3 at Party New York Times The police in a Pittsburgh suburb on Thursday were searching ...

Kesha's mom says Dr. Luke treated singer like 'a prisoner'
Kesha's mother says her daughter was treated "like a prisoner" by Dr. Luke, sharing with Billboard shocking new allegations of abusive and manipulative ...

Apple says FBI case is the start of a slippery slope to mass surveillance via iPhone
The battle between the FBI and Apple over access to the San Bernardino shooter's iPhone is turning into little more than a battle of wills. Both ...

Islamic State defector brings 'goldmine' of details on 22,000 supporters
By Guy Faulconbridge LONDON (Reuters) - A disillusioned former member of Islamic State has passed a stolen memory stick of documents identifying ...

Michael Horn, Volkswagen of America CEO, resigns
The newly appointed head of the North American region will take his place in the interim.

Kim Kardashian’s Nude Selfies Followed By ‘Skin Tight’ Bodysuit And Hot Post Baby Body
After a huge internet blow up over Kim Kardashian’s selfies featuring her nude body tastefully disguised with black bars over her “private parts,” ...