Solaris Sendmail not sending to certain domains

Hi everybody:

I'm having trouble configuring sendmail to send messages to yahoo.com
and many other well-known domains. This is a client's server (call it
myserver) in a different city and network than my own. It's
suspiciously strange that so far I'm only able to send messages
succesfully to my own company domain. Could it be that yahoo.com and
others are somehow rejecting my messages?

OS: Solaris 8
Sendmail: ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.6+Sun/8.11.6

Say my domain is cansend.com, configuration is as follows:

$cat /etc/relay-domains
cansend.com
yahoo.com

$cat /etc/mail/access
localhost       RELAY
127.0.0.1       RELAY
#not sure if necessary, just trying
yahoo.com       RELAY
# cansend.com is not in this file

eventually converted to /etc/mail/access.db
$makemap hash /etc/mail/access.db < /etc/mail/access

I *think* I'm using FEATURE(`access_db') as shown below, but I'm not
really
sure since I see sendmail.cf files in /etc/mail and /usr/lib/mail/cf.
(On a
related question, how can I tell which one I'm using? Why are there
two
of them?)

$cat /usr/lib/mail/cf/sendmail.mc
divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)main-v7sun.mc    1.5 (Sun) 09/12/01')
OSTYPE(`solaris8')dnl
DOMAIN(`solaris-generic')dnl
MAILER(`local')dnl
MAILER(`smtp')dnl
FEATURE(`access_db')

/etc/hosts has a bunch of ip's, since myserver didn't use dns
previously.
I think this line might be relevant.
172.25.29.4     myserver        myserver.       loghost

unsuccesful sendmail execution is as follows:

$ /usr/lib/sendmail -v myaccount@yahoo.com < /dev/null
myaccount@yahoo.com... Connecting to mx1.mail.yahoo.com. via esmtp...

....and it stays hanged

/var/log/syslog
Jun  7 19:11:20 myserver sendmail[2407]: [ID 801593 mail.info]
i580BKt02407: fro
m=root, size=0, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<200406080011.i580BKt02407@myserver.>,
relay=root@localhost

....doesn't go any further beyond this point

after this action mail queue remains empty
$ /usr/bin/mailq | more
/var/spool/mqueue is empty

DNS is working and can nslookup both my company domain, yahoo.com and
other well-known domains.

Is there something I'm missing in sendmail.mc of .cf in order to get
myserver
to talk directly to Internet servers?

Any ideas or pointers are appreciated.

J.L.Valencia wrote:

> I'm having trouble configuring sendmail to send messages to yahoo.com
> and many other well-known domains. This is a client's server (call it
> myserver) in a different city and network than my own. It's
> suspiciously strange that so far I'm only able to send messages
> succesfully to my own company domain. Could it be that yahoo.com and
> others are somehow rejecting my messages?

> OS: Solaris 8
> Sendmail: ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.6+Sun/8.11.6

> Say my domain is cansend.com, configuration is as follows:

> $cat /etc/relay-domains
> cansend.com
> yahoo.com

Do NOT list external domains here.

> $cat /etc/mail/access
> localhost       RELAY
> 127.0.0.1       RELAY
> #not sure if necessary, just trying
> yahoo.com       RELAY

Do NOT allow relaying for domains that aren't yours.

> eventually converted to /etc/mail/access.db
> $makemap hash /etc/mail/access.db < /etc/mail/access

Drop the .db

makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access

> 172.25.29.4     myserver        myserver.       loghost

It would be better to have a FQHN, e.g.,

172.25.29.4     myserver        myserver.cansend.com       loghost

> $ /usr/lib/sendmail -v myaccount@yahoo.com < /dev/null
> myaccount@yahoo.com... Connecting to mx1.mail.yahoo.com. via esmtp...

> ...and it stays hanged

It should time out after a while.

Maybe someone is blocking port 25?

Try it yourself:

telnet mx1.mail.yahoo.com. 25
--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Claus A�mann wrote:
> J.L.Valencia wrote:
>>172.25.29.4     myserver        myserver.       loghost
>

> It would be better to have a FQHN, e.g.,
>
> 172.25.29.4     myserver        myserver.cansend.com       loghost

Yes, but BETTER to have
172.25.29.4   myserver.cansend.com  myserver loghost

I have to fix this ALL THE TIME with NIS servers (sun documents the
other way - or used to - and is wrong).  The gethostbyaddr()
should return the FQDN consistantly no matter the host you ask from.
0
newsboy (27)
6/8/2004 5:29:35 AM
Claus A�mann <ca+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@mine.informatik.uni-kiel.de> wrote in message news:<ca39la$mjp$1@zardoc.esmtp.org>...

> Maybe someone is blocking port 25?
>
> Try it yourself:
>
> telnet mx1.mail.yahoo.com. 25

Thanks Klaus, it turned out that port 25 was blocked to nearly all
domains at our client's firewall.

Sendmaill not able to send mails to certain domains!!
Dear all I am having a problem in sending mails using Dialup (PPP) connections. I will explain the setup. I had configured a mail server in my office using Linux sendmail and Redhat 9, which handles the complete intranet and mails to internet.Now i am facing a problem in which i am not able to send mails to very few domains, like rediffmail.com and some more. for eg: root# telnet mail1.rediffmail.com 25 Trying mail1.rediffmail.com Closing connection of mail1.rediffmail.com Trying mail2.rediffmail.com Closing connection of mail1.rediffmail.com Trying mail2.rediffmail.com Closing connection of mail2.rediffmail.com .... Connection Closed by Foreign host root# This is the problem. But i am able to telnet to ther hosts like yahoo.com, hotmail.com etc. The solution i got from linux mailing list was either recompile kernel with CONFIG_INET_ECN = N or sysctl by /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn with 0 which allows ECN support to be disabled at runtime.Redhat 2.4 kernel comes with ecn enabled , but 2.2 kernel works fine. I tried out the above options but i was not able to send mails to rediffmail.com. My server is refusing this on a dialup connection through VSNL. But i am able send mails to rediffmail.com from the same setup with a DSL or Cable internet connection. Thanks in advance. Regds Narayanan Subramaniam Narayanan Subramaniam wrote: > I tried out the above options but i was not able to send mails to > rediffmail.com. My server is refusing this o...

Sendmail delivers mail locally instead of sending it to other domain / Solaris 9
Hi, I found a few old postings but they were not very helpful. Trying to configure Sendmail that came preinstalled with Solaris 9 - to send messages to my e-mail. Right now it delivers each message locally. ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- koracd@saic-dc.com (reason: 553 5.3.5 system config error) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 553 5.3.5 mailhost config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?) 554 5.3.5 Local configuration error The mailhost /etc/hosts is the localbox I am trying to send mail from. Thanks Dusan On Jun 29, 11:46 am, Du...

Mails from my sendmail server are rejected by certain domains!!!
Dear all, I had setup a sendmail mailserver in my system which is running in redhta9.0. The mail server sends and receive mails from localdomains as well as from internet . My mail server was working on a dialup connection and we had problems sending mails to certain domains like rediffmail.com . Now inorder to solve the issue, i replaced the dialup connections with a DSL connection of 64 Kbps .Now the problems are multiplied, i cannot send mails to internet partcularly to domains like rediffmail.com , yahoomail.com..etc. But i can receive mails from all these sites.when i send a mail to rediffmail.com that mail is bouned back and received by postmaster(in my case it is root) I have set the hostname as focuz and domainname is com. I had also set the Masquerade option as cluster.tech . The masquerade_envelope is also enabled.follwoing is the content of returned mail. From MAILER-DAEMON@benz-group.com Wed Jul 7 18:50:09 2004 Return-Path: <MAILER-DAEMON@cluster.tech> Received: from localhost (localhost) by cluster.tech (8.12.8/8.12.8) id i67DK9Vi004137; Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:50:09 +0530 Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:50:09 +0530 From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@afbl.com> Message-Id: <200407071320.i67DK9Vi004137@cluster.tech> To: <root@cluster.tech> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status; boundary="i67DK9Vi004137.1089206409/cluster.tech" Subject: Returned mail: ...

sending mail via ISP replay server (solaris, sendmail)
I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is smtp.comcast.net ..incoming is mail.comcast.net and my email is myemail@comcast.com. Thnk you very much you want to look at the SMART HOST section in your sendmail.mc file Cheers Buff Z wrote: > I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 > How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via > my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is > smtp.comcast.net ..incoming is mail.comcast.net and my email is > myemail@comcast.com. Thnk you very much > On 2005-04-20, Z <zsh99@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 > How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via > my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is > smtp.comcast.net ..incoming is mail.comcast.net and my email is > myemail@comcast.com. Thnk you very much At /usr/lib/mail/cf/submit.mc you'll find FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl Change this to FEATURE(`msp', `[smtp.comcast.net]')dnl Then do "make submit.cf" and copy it to /etc/mail and restart sendmail with "svcadm refresh smtp" Regards, Ville Jorma ...

Newbie Question
Can we send email without "sendmail" process running in Solaris 10 ? I know we can do it in Solaris 8 using SMTP via the mail relay host. We tried it in our Solaris 10 (118833-22) server and received the following error : # atlantis@scubadiving.com Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... atlantis@scubadiving.com ... Deferred: Connection refused by [127.0.0.1] Our sendmail version is 8.13.4. Any idea how we can trouble shoot this ? Thanks, Bill In article <1161970635.838296.15020@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com wrote: > Can we send email...

Sendmail sending user@domain.com to my local machine instead of my mail server.
Hi All I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. It works when I send out mails to username@gmail.com or username@yahoo.com, etc. But when I send out mails to username@abc.com, the mails get sent to itself, i.e. machine A1. And the maillog shows that the Local mailer was called to send the mail instead of the ESMTP mailer. I have other Freebsd machines, and have no problem sending mails to username@abc.com. I've tried everything, including copying all the files in /etc/mail from my other working Freebsd machines to machine A1, and do a make, make install, make restart. But machine A1 still calls the local mailer to deliver mails addressed to @abc.com. Machine A1 is acting as if it is the mail server for the domain. I don't have local-domains, local-host-names, files, etc. I just use the original sendmail.com.mc file. Can anybody help? Thank you very much in anticipation. Gui cmgui2@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All > > I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. > I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails > occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server > for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. > > It...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thought it might be related to some terminate symbol, so i tried: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -messagefile=msg.txt which should send message from a file, but still, i get std input waiting for input, and unable to terminate except for ^C.) i am using the fedora distribution by the way. thanks. In article <4100396a-486b-4d25-b2e7-8fcb753a8c63@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com> jack.monflower@gmail.com writes: >hello, >i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... >nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) >so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: > ># /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com >... Type in message using headers etc >. > >and that's it, the message would be sent. >however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail >terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "...

config error: why sendmail concatenates my own domain and domain found mail address?
Hi, I have problems trying send mail via sendmail (.forward) to cf16r@wp.pl, my domain is dorotamama.eu. (not real name) and I get following: May 6 17:55:47 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FrhNl003854: to=cf16r@wp.pl, delay=00:02:03, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=91761, relay=wp.pl.dorotamama.eu. [89.75.41.50], dsn=5.3.5, stat=Local configuration error May 6 17:55:47 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FrhNl003854: r46FtlNl003856: DSN: Local configuration error May 6 17:55:48 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FtlNl003856: to=<cf1g@gmail.com, delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=60000, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com. [173.194.70.27], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (OK 1367855748 i8si29208219eem.229 - gsmtp) May 6 17:55:48 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FtlNl003856: to=me, delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=60000, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent with gmail there is No PROBLEM, onet.pl No Problem, wp.pl PROBLEM. additionally here from mail.err: May 6 17:55:47 myubuntu sm-mta[3856]: r46FrhNl003854: SYSERR(me): wp.pl.dorotamama.eu. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?) so I tried `cf16r@wp.pl` (it is correct address) but it concatenates to be: `cf16r@wp.pl.dorotamama.eu.` ????????? **why?** other domain are working OK. (at least few that I checked till this moment) **so, does it means wp.pl wasn't resolved?** why it concatenates domains, then tries to send mail to cf16r@wp.pl.dorotamama.eu. instead of cf16r@wp.pl ----...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local alias which is redirected to /dev/null. This solution is also unmanageable in the long run. Therefore I turn to you for guidance and information on how to find a solution for the spam problem on my server. Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :) Thx, /Timo_S On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:03:08 +0300 Timo_S wrote: > I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running > Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient > but not manageable in the long run. > > The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but > it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for > information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the > ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the > /etc/mail/access file. What do these "bad scripts" do...

send mail without.. sendmail ?
It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon running? Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more than I can handle as a part time admin. Thanks, bl8n8r bad_knee <bl8n8r@yahoo.com> wrote: > It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run > sen...

Sendmail refuses to send mail
Hi, only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Thanks in advance! --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- newbie_at_sendmail wrote: > only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. > Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). > Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. > > What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Start by posting some log entries from an email that is bouncing. I would also be tempted to think about sniffing the SMTP traffic. However seeing as how the message is being rejected with a 4xx series code, it should still be in a mail queue on your system (presuming that it is the system your server is passing the message off to th...

How to configure sendmail to send mails
FUP from comp.lang.python Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 15:38:25 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 5/9/2013 4:29 =CE=BC=CE=BC, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 feedth= etroll =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: >>> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to >>> setip up to work. >>> i cannot connect to it via my python script. >> OK, I should have been more exact: >> To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent, >> Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ... >> >> DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (=3D"mailbox management", "pop3(s)", >> "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a >> WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails= ..) >> >> So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access, >> don't you) and configure it. >> >> But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic. >=20 > i as root just inatslled >=20 > sendmail and mailx. i have edited the ~/.mailrc to use: > > nikos@superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# cat ~/.mailrc > account gmail { > set smtp-use-starttls > set smtp=3Dsmtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 > set smtp-auth=3Dlogin > set smtp-auth-user=3Dmay)gmail > set smtp-auth-password=3Dmy_gmail_pass_not_stupid_enough_to_w...

Sendmail Delay Sending Mail
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. Heres my problem. I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server needs to send a high volume of mail from php scripts. Previously I had my sendmail set to queue only and the scripts ran fast and the q went up quickly but the mail got sent. Something must have changed in the configuration or somewhere on the server as now when I run the scripts they take up to a minute to return the mail status to the script so the volume of mail i can send is ridiculously slow. I have checked the following: Timeout.ident=0 TryNullMXList=True An NSLookup on my server returns an answer immdiately but i do not via a local DNS server. I have Bind DNS installed on the server but it just contains information for the local domains running on this server. My mailog does not appear to be showing any errors and i have the loglevel on 9. Will someone please help a poor struggling developer whos going round in circles on the FAQs and news groups whilst loosing money poor volume of mail being sent! Thanks Panksy Cathy wrote: > Hi, I hope someone can help me. > > I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in > sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. > > Heres my problem. > > I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server > needs ...

Problem to send out the mails with SENDMAIL
Hi, am using RedHat 9 and sendmail. I can send mail to internal box of the same Linux station. a have problem to send mail out of office by using another smtp server of company wich is connected to internet. my DNS configuration work fine. I can ping my smtp server and connect to smtp port (all work fine) I think that a problem is around "sendmail.cf" or "sendmail.mc" The sendmail log file informe that the messages sended are queued. I am using command line to test (mail) you can find my configuration file bellow : can somone help me ? Thanks a lot for your help @ns +++++++++++++++++++++++ Linux station : serveur1.toto.com Smtp Server : mail.toto.com +++++++++++++++++++++++ ################################ # SENDMAIL.CF ################################ Cwlocalhost # file containing names of hosts for which we receive email Fw/etc/mail/local-host-names # my official domain name # ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your domain #Dj$w.Foo.COM Djserveur1.toto.com CP. # "Smart" relay host (may be null) #DS DSmail.toto.com ################################ # LOCAL-HOST-NAMES ################################ @toto.com ...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

Sendmail not sending mails immediately
Hello, We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails and we would like those mails to be sent immediately. Currently there are sitting in the queue a few minutes and then they get sent. I didn't configure anything differently no that box. And sendmail is running as the following: root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m My question now is: how do I configure sendmail to send immediately mails ? Regards > root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m > smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m Replace -q15m with -q1s Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. I should add that -q1s implies that sendmail will process the mail queue every single second... so it's unnecessary overhead. I suggest you try with -q1m so it's once every minute... it's not too bad, but it could still be too much overhead for your system. Try to find a compromise between response times and overhead. I suggest you read the sendmail manual page for further information about the command line options... Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. Syn <syn_NOSPAM_uw@hotmail.com> writes: >We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails an...

Problem sending mail via sendmail
Hello all, First off, please forgive me as I am not very familiar with sendmail, so my question may be worded poorly or the answer may be very obvious. I am setting up a new mail server running sendmail as the MTA. I am attempting to configure it so that anyone on our IP block can access it and send mail via SMTP without a username or password, and to reject mail from outside sources. Well, I can get it to reject mail, all right: everything comes back with this error: An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.1 <matt.singerman@gmail.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [141.161.111.116]. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again. (This is the error that Thunderbird gave me when trying to send a message.) Where can I configure sendmail to allow messages coming from a specific ip range, in this case 141.161.x.x? Or is this something I would have to configure in a system file (I am running FreeBSD)? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt Aha. Okay, so I found that using /etc/mail/relay-domains and putting in just 141.161. works. However, is this really the best way to do this? I'm not really all that familiar with sednmail and whatnot, but should I be "relaying" mail coming from addresses on my own network? I mean, hey, it works, but it just doesn't seem like the way things are supposed to work. "Matt Singerman" <matt.s...

Sendmail does not send mail (inexperienced user)
Hi everyone, I am new to using Sendmail. I am trying to figure out why my system no longer sends emails. It was originally configured to work with Bugzilla and emails were sent without a problem through sendmail. The server's static IP address on the network was changed, and now messages are not sent (or at least not being received by anything). I tried to manually send through the command line and it looks like there aren't any problems according to status messages in verbose mode: [root@venice bin]# mail someone@company.com -v Subject: testing456 asdf jkl; this is the homerow! Cc: anotherone@company.com someone@company.com,anotherone@company.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 venice.company.lab ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.6/8.13.6; Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:08:58 -0700 >>> EHLO venice.company.lab 250-venice.company.lab Hello venice.company.lab [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> MAIL From:<root@venice.company.lab> SIZE=88 AUTH=root@venice.company.lab 250 2.1.0 <root@venice.company.lab>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<someone@company.com> >>> RCPT To:<anotherone@company.com> >>> DATA 250 2.1.5 <someone@company.com>... Recipient ok 250 2.1.5 <anotherone@company.com>... Recipient ok 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . 250 2.0....

Sendmail to forward/relay certain domains
First my sendmail is setup to handle many domains. Unfortunetly the ISP I use after 6 months has been tagged a Spammer and all IPs from this ISP are tagged by spamhaus.org as such. So a few of my customers have complained so my ISP arranged a relay for me to use. How would I set up sendmail to use this relay for only a few domains. I can figure out how to have everything forwarded with SMART_HOST but not just a few domains. Thanks * Harold <me@nospam.com> wrote: [..] > my ISP arranged a relay for me to use. How would I set up sendmail to use > this relay for only a few domains. I can figure out how to have everything > forwarded with SMART_HOST but not just a few domains. mailertable. See http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html and the sendmail documentation. - Sebastian -- Sebastian Jaenicke Disce aut discede! whois pgpkey-C81115B1 -h whois.ripe.net|perl -ne's-^certif: *--&&print' ...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

Web resources about - Solaris Sendmail not sending to certain domains - comp.mail.sendmail

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...