Start sendmail to send mail immediately

Hi!

how can I launch sendmail in demon mode so that it sends mails
immediately, and not after a time interval, like with -q1m for
example?

Does

/usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-mta -bd

do the trick?

And, what exactly is a " MSP queue runner"? I don't understand that...

thanx!

--
Michael

r-znvy: zvpunry.wryqra  jro.qr (chg gur "@" jurer vg svgf...)
ab fcnz cyrnfr
0
upro (47)

Sendmail will send the mail immediately.
If it can't, it queues it.

You want the queues to get run - perhaps every 15,20 or 30 minutes.
Mail in the queue is there because it COULDN'T get delivered
immediately.  (or because load was too high or a couple other reasons).

upro wrote:
> Hi!
>

> how can I launch sendmail in demon mode so that it sends mails
> immediately, and not after a time interval, like with -q1m for
> example?
>
> Does
>
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-mta -bd
>
> do the trick?
>
> And, what exactly is a " MSP queue runner"? I don't understand that...
>
> thanx!

>how can I launch sendmail in demon mode so that it sends mails
>immediately, and not after a time interval, like with -q1m for
>example?

As I know, sendmail sends mails immediately. :)
But, if it fails, it shoud be queued in mail queue for late delievery.
'-q1m' means the mail in mail queue would be retried to every 1
minute(or an hour and so on) after first mail delivery was failed.

0
foo460 (2162)
8/26/2003 5:16:06 AM
If it failed a minute ago, why do you think it would work again.

Yes, I've used cron jobs (or alternate queue runners)
  (eg sendmail -qGinbound -q5m)
to run INBOUND mail every 5m (boxes should be always available).

But if something is queued for outbound, odds (looking at logs)
are 1 in 3 that it will EVERY get delivered.

Every 30 minutes is the default for a pretty good reason.

Oh, and every 1 minute often just serves to keep the disks
busy.  if a queue run takes 30 minutes, you'll have 30 going
at a time.

is there a problem you're looking to solve?

SH Chang wrote:
>>how can I launch sendmail in demon mode so that it sends mails
>>immediately, and not after a time interval, like with -q1m for
>>example?
>

> As I know, sendmail sends mails immediately. :)
> But, if it fails, it shoud be queued in mail queue for late delievery.
> '-q1m' means the mail in mail queue would be retried to every 1
> minute(or an hour and so on) after first mail delivery was failed.

Sendmail not sending mails immediately
Hello, We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails and we would like those mails to be sent immediately. Currently there are sitting in the queue a few minutes and then they get sent. I didn't configure anything differently no that box. And sendmail is running as the following: root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m My question now is: how do I configure sendmail to send immediately mails ? Regards > root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m > smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m Replace -q15m with -q1s Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. I should add that -q1s implies that sendmail will process the mail queue every single second... so it's unnecessary overhead. I suggest you try with -q1m so it's once every minute... it's not too bad, but it could still be too much overhead for your system. Try to find a compromise between response times and overhead. I suggest you read the sendmail manual page for further information about the command line options... Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. Syn <syn_NOSPAM_uw@hotmail.com> writes: >We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails an...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thought it might be related to some terminate symbol, so i tried: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -messagefile=msg.txt which should send message from a file, but still, i get std input waiting for input, and unable to terminate except for ^C.) i am using the fedora distribution by the way. thanks. In article <4100396a-486b-4d25-b2e7-8fcb753a8c63@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com> jack.monflower@gmail.com writes: >hello, >i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... >nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) >so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: > ># /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com >... Type in message using headers etc >. > >and that's it, the message would be sent. >however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail >terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "...

mails sent by sendmail were treated as junk mail
Hi there, I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure it to work as my main mailserver which allow POP3 and SMTP connection from outside. My problem is that I cannot send out any mails which appears like sender: xxx@mydomain.com. If I send mail through terminal, my sent-out mail would looks like aaa@hostname.mydomain.com instead of aaa@mydomain.com. hostnam.mydomain.com is a qualified name of my linux box runing sendmail. Second, I configured a openwebmail on this linux box to allow users login from anywhere to manager their mails, and it works fine. However, all the out-going mails sent throug openwebmail are treated as junk mail by most mail server like hotmail and yahoo. It was complained as unknown sender(at this case, sender appears aaa@mydomain.com) Does anyone have any experience in such situation or have any ideas how to configure sendmail to solve my problems? My network setting is simply as router -> DMZ zone -> linux box which is runing sendmail. I have a domain, mydomain.com, which is parking at a domain hosting company where my zone file is actually located. I changed the MX record in the zone file so that it points to my static ip address(eg. 10.11.12.113). After some simple changes were done, I can receive any emails sent to my domain, like xxx@mydomain.com. Thanks for any ideas! In article <d57b272d.0405151235.19d0384b@posting.google.com> vbcache@hotmail.com (cerberus) writes: > >I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure ...

Sendmail Delay Sending Mail
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. Heres my problem. I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server needs to send a high volume of mail from php scripts. Previously I had my sendmail set to queue only and the scripts ran fast and the q went up quickly but the mail got sent. Something must have changed in the configuration or somewhere on the server as now when I run the scripts they take up to a minute to return the mail status to the script so the volume of mail i can send is ridiculously slow. I have checked the following: Timeout.ident=0 TryNullMXList=True An NSLookup on my server returns an answer immdiately but i do not via a local DNS server. I have Bind DNS installed on the server but it just contains information for the local domains running on this server. My mailog does not appear to be showing any errors and i have the loglevel on 9. Will someone please help a poor struggling developer whos going round in circles on the FAQs and news groups whilst loosing money poor volume of mail being sent! Thanks Panksy Cathy wrote: > Hi, I hope someone can help me. > > I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in > sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. > > Heres my problem. > > I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server > needs ...

send mail without.. sendmail ?
It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon running? Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more than I can handle as a part time admin. Thanks, bl8n8r bad_knee <bl8n8r@yahoo.com> wrote: > It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run > sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon > running? > > Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port > 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, > find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? > > I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more > than I can handle as a part time admin. To manually send, you can do sendmail -q sendmail -q15m and it will process queued emails, at once or every 15min, respectively. For incoming emails, you can run Sendmail from /etc/inetd.conf, every time an email arrives at port 25. -- William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry@yahoo.ca> Linux solution for data management and processing. William Park <opengeometry@yahoo.ca> wrote in message <snip> > To manually send, ...

Problem to send out the mails with SENDMAIL
Hi, am using RedHat 9 and sendmail. I can send mail to internal box of the same Linux station. a have problem to send mail out of office by using another smtp server of company wich is connected to internet. my DNS configuration work fine. I can ping my smtp server and connect to smtp port (all work fine) I think that a problem is around "sendmail.cf" or "sendmail.mc" The sendmail log file informe that the messages sended are queued. I am using command line to test (mail) you can find my configuration file bellow : can somone help me ? Thanks a lot for your help @ns +++++++++++++++++++++++ Linux station : serveur1.toto.com Smtp Server : mail.toto.com +++++++++++++++++++++++ ################################ # SENDMAIL.CF ################################ Cwlocalhost # file containing names of hosts for which we receive email Fw/etc/mail/local-host-names # my official domain name # ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your domain #Dj$w.Foo.COM Djserveur1.toto.com CP. # "Smart" relay host (may be null) #DS DSmail.toto.com ################################ # LOCAL-HOST-NAMES ################################ @toto.com ...

How to configure sendmail to send mails
FUP from comp.lang.python Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 15:38:25 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 5/9/2013 4:29 =CE=BC=CE=BC, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 feedth= etroll =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: >>> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to >>> setip up to work. >>> i cannot connect to it via my python script. >> OK, I should have been more exact: >> To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent, >> Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ... >> >> DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (=3D"mailbox management", "pop3(s)", >> "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a >> WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails= ..) >> >> So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access, >> don't you) and configure it. >> >> But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic. >=20 > i as root just inatslled >=20 > sendmail and mailx. i have edited the ~/.mailrc to use: > > nikos@superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# cat ~/.mailrc > account gmail { > set smtp-use-starttls > set smtp=3Dsmtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 > set smtp-auth=3Dlogin > set smtp-auth-user=3Dmay)gmail > set smtp-auth-password=3Dmy_gmail_pass_not_stupid_enough_to_w...

Sendmail refuses to send mail
Hi, only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Thanks in advance! --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- newbie_at_sendmail wrote: > only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. > Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). > Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. > > What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Start by posting some log entries from an email that is bouncing. I would also be tempted to think about sniffing the SMTP traffic. However seeing as how the message is being rejected with a 4xx series code, it should still be in a mail queue on your system (presuming that it is the system your server is passing the message off to th...

Hi all, Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd like sendmail to just send out mails but when it receives mails, it should forward it to our pop server. should we use mailertable for this or some other method? thanks for any info ike lozada schrieb: > Hi all, > > Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) > Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd > like sendmail to just send out mails but when it receives mails, it > should forward it to our pop server. should we use mailertable for > this or some other method? yes, we do that too. Just enter your domain in the mailertable, but on the receiving side there must be a mta, too, of course. So both servers should be running, e.g. sendmail. the pop server has to allow relaying of the smtp server, too. Keep your receiving server in brackets in the mailertable entry to prevent dns lookups, like so yourdomain.com smtp:[internalserver.internaldomain.com] Tim Tim Aden <corrodan@netcologne.de> wrote in message news:<c08rl4$3ft$1@newsreader2.netcologne.de>... > ike lozada schrieb: > > > Hi all, > > > > Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) > > Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd > > like sendmail to just send out mails but when...

Mail::Sendmail
perl doesn't like my return address. Does anyone know why? error message as follows-------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ perl mail_test.pl [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ Bad or missing From address: '' text of program follows---------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ vi mail_test.pl 1 #!/usr/bin/perl; 2 use Mail::Sendmail; 3 4 %mail = { To => "ccc31807\@yahoo.com", 5 From => "cartercc\@gmail.com", 6 Subject => 'Test of sendmail', 7 Message => "This is a test of sendmail"}; 8 9...

Probs in sending mail with sendmail service
Hi I am trying to setup sendmail service for my bugzilla server... installed and configured sendmail service. Here I am able to send mails with telnet <mysite> 25 successfully... But When I try to send mails with sendmail -v <mymailid> the mails are not getting delivered to the destination id... Following is the transcript: ---------------------------- [root@bug mail]# sendmail -v srinivas_matta@yahoo.com test test est .. srinivas_matta@yahoo.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.1/8.13.1; Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:29:29 +0530 >>> EHLO localhost.localdomain 250-localhost.localdomain Hello bug [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> MAIL From:<root@localhost.localdomain> SIZE=14 AUTH=root@localhost.localdomain 250 2.1.0 <root@localhost.localdomain>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<srinivas_matta@yahoo.com> >>> DATA 250 2.1.5 <srinivas_matta@yahoo.com>... Recipient ok 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . 250 2.0.0 l3GCxT6F002212 Message accepted for delivery srinivas_matta@yahoo.com... Sent (l3GCxT6F002212 Message accepted for delivery) Closing connection to [127.0.0.1] >>> QUIT 221 2.0.0 localhost.localdomain closing connection Tail of /var/log/maillog: ------------------------- Apr 16 18:29:...

Sendmail does not send mail (inexperienced user)
Hi everyone, I am new to using Sendmail. I am trying to figure out why my system no longer sends emails. It was originally configured to work with Bugzilla and emails were sent without a problem through sendmail. The server's static IP address on the network was changed, and now messages are not sent (or at least not being received by anything). I tried to manually send through the command line and it looks like there aren't any problems according to status messages in verbose mode: [root@venice bin]# mail someone@company.com -v Subject: testing456 asdf jkl; this is the homerow! Cc: anotherone@company.com someone@company.com,anotherone@company.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 venice.company.lab ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.6/8.13.6; Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:08:58 -0700 >>> EHLO venice.company.lab 250-venice.company.lab Hello venice.company.lab [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> MAIL From:<root@venice.company.lab> SIZE=88 AUTH=root@venice.company.lab 250 2.1.0 <root@venice.company.lab>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<someone@company.com> >>> RCPT To:<anotherone@company.com> >>> DATA 250 2.1.5 <someone@company.com>... Recipient ok 250 2.1.5 <anotherone@company.com>... Recipient ok 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . 250 2.0....

using sendmail to send outoign mail only
Hi guys. I've set up a linux server (only running squid). I want mail from the root account on that machine to be sent to my email address. like RAID error notifications and stuff like that. I'v elooked everywhere, and everything seems to be working OK, but I can't send outgoing mail to external email accounts i have. the mail always appears to come from root@host.mydomain.com and not from root@mydomain.com if i use a smarthost that i allow relaying through, the return address appears ok, but in the message headers i still see root@host.mydomain.com. when using FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX') the mail is sent to the appropriate mx, but isn't relayed from there. some relays say "DSN: Data format error" some say "DSN: User unknown" and some say it's ok, but the mail never gets to me. I looked at the logs, and i think it's related to the from: header. the mx for the external domains i'm sending mail to don't accept mail from the non-existant domain host.mydomain.com, and rightfully so, as there's no such domain. any ideas? what am i doing wrong? I don't need to recieve incoming mail at all, only to allow mail sent using "mail someone@somedomain.com" to go to the right direction. I can't use my ISP, cause it requires me to log into my pop account before sending outgoing mail. thanks. "shoval" <shoval@softov.co.il> wrote in message news:1105570172.317669.271740@z14g2000cwz.g...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

Send mail without running sendmail
I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services. In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get an error stating "Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]" in maillog file. Can somebody advise how I can point to external SMTP server for mail sending? Thanks. Karan wrote: > I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine > (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services. > > In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get > an error stating "Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]" in maillog file. > > Can somebody advise how I can point to external SMTP server for mail > sending? Thanks. You shall run sendmail services with the default configuration values, i.e., listening on address 127.0.0.1. Your sendmail.mc shall have : DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl Karan wrote: > I would like to know how I can send mails out from my Linux machine > (RedHat 9) without running sendmail services. > > In specific, when I execute "mail abc@yahoo.com < /tmp/logfile", I get > an error stating "Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]" in maillog file. > > Can somebody advise how I can point to external SMTP server for mail > sending? Thanks. IF you use sendmail-8.12+ THEN you can make submit.cf (second *.cf file added in sendmail...

How to send mail without sendmail running?
I'm positive that I've sent email from a Linux system before, WITHOUT sendmail running. When I tried to do this on a Fedora Core 1 box running sendmail 8.12, I could not send email to anyone on the localhost, or to an outside domain. Is there a way to configure sendmail so that it's not running, but will still allow sending email to external domains, other users on that host, mail from cron jobs, etc.? -Thanks Fred <itfred@cdw.com> writes: >I'm positive that I've sent email from a Linux system >before, WITHOUT sendmail running. When I tried to do >this on a Fedora Core 1 box running sendmail 8.12, I >could not send email to anyone on the localhost, or >to an outside domain. Is there a way to configure >sendmail so that it's not running, but will still >allow sending email to external domains, other users >on that host, mail from cron jobs, etc.? The best solution is to run a sendmail daemon listening *only* on 127.0.0.1 . That is probably the fedora default configuration. If you want it to run the old way, then chmod 4555 sendmail rm /etc/mail/submit.cf ### or rename to submit.cf.dist On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 15:29:27 +0000, Neil W Rickert wrote: > The best solution is to run a sendmail daemon listening > *only* on 127.0.0.1 . That is probably the fedora default > configuration. > > If you want it to run the old way, then > > chmod 4555 sendmail > rm /etc/mail/submit.cf ### or ...

Cant send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
I use the netstat to get the following information: tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32768 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:32769 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:109 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:110 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 ...

Problem sending mail via sendmail
Hello all, First off, please forgive me as I am not very familiar with sendmail, so my question may be worded poorly or the answer may be very obvious. I am setting up a new mail server running sendmail as the MTA. I am attempting to configure it so that anyone on our IP block can access it and send mail via SMTP without a username or password, and to reject mail from outside sources. Well, I can get it to reject mail, all right: everything comes back with this error: An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.1 <matt.singerman@gmail.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [141.161.111.116]. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again. (This is the error that Thunderbird gave me when trying to send a message.) Where can I configure sendmail to allow messages coming from a specific ip range, in this case 141.161.x.x? Or is this something I would have to configure in a system file (I am running FreeBSD)? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt Aha. Okay, so I found that using /etc/mail/relay-domains and putting in just 141.161. works. However, is this really the best way to do this? I'm not really all that familiar with sednmail and whatnot, but should I be "relaying" mail coming from addresses on my own network? I mean, hey, it works, but it just doesn't seem like the way things are supposed to work. "Matt Singerman" <matt.s...

Web resources about - Start sendmail to send mail immediately - comp.mail.sendmail

Territorial changes of Poland immediately after World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The territorial changes of Poland after World War II were very extensive. In 1945, following the Second World War , Poland's borders were redrawn ...

Report: Facebook Search Engine Would Immediately Capture 25 Percent Of Market
If Facebook were to launch its own search engine right now, it would immediately attract nearly one-quarter of that sector and become the second-most-used ...

3 ways to immediately improve your Facebook mobile app install ads
The app economy has grown exponentially in recent years. While there is still tremendous untapped potential in the market, the “app bubble” has ...

Murray Urges GOP Leadership to Pass VAWA Immediately - YouTube
U.S. Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) spoke on the Senate floor in support of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Specifically, Murray discussed ...

Usada ‘immediately correct the false suggestion’ relating to Floyd Mayweather doping claims
Floyd Mayweather received an injection of saline and vitamins on the eve of his superfight against Manny Pacquiao, the United States Anti-Doping ...

First person to buy an iPhone 6 in Perth immediately drops it during TV interview
It's always best to be calm when you're handling something precious - as the first Perth man to buy an iPhone 6 found out this morning.

Skooby-doobie-doo: 'They immediately screened our dog for drugs'
A Perth couple has seen the funny side of their dog's health scare after their pooch found and ate some cannabis in Lake Gwelup Reserve on Monday ...

Warriors fan gets caught making fun of Lebron James, immediately regrets it
You've got to be a brave woman to mock Lebron James from a courtside seat, especially when the NBA legend is standing less than one metre away. ...

Coalition announces internet filter ... and immediately backs down
Coalition makes embarrassing backdown from a commitment that it would require internet service providers to censor "adult content".