Synonym Configuration Problem

Due to Certain Company Policies I maintain a copy of all the incoming
and outgoing mail. I do this using synonym. The problem I am facing is
that a copy of the mails which satisfy rule no. 1 is not made whereas
a copy of mails which satisfy rule 2 are made. The following is the
Rules which I have created in Synonym.conf

<Rules>
<Rule>
<Condition>
<Header>From</Header>
<Match>abc@xxxxx.com</Match>
</Condition>
<Condition>
<Header>To</Header>
<Match>abc@xxxxx.com</Match>
</Condition>
<Action>
<ActionType>Copy</ActionType>
<Address>xyz@xxxx.com</Address>
</Action>
</Rule>

<Rule>
<Condition>
<Header>From</Header>
<Match>.*</Match>
</Condition>
<Condition>
<Header>To</Header>
<Match>.*</Match>
</Condition>
<Action>
<ActionType>Copy</ActionType>
<Address>123@xxxx.com</Address>
</Action>
</Rule>
</Rules>
Any Help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks and Regards
Vinayak

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local alias which is redirected to /dev/null. This solution is also unmanageable in the long run. Therefore I turn to you for guidance and information on how to find a solution for the spam problem on my server. Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :) Thx, /Timo_S On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:03:08 +0300 Timo_S wrote: > I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running > Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient > but not manageable in the long run. > > The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but > it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for > information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the > ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the > /etc/mail/access file. What do these "bad scripts" do...

Sendmail Configuration Problem
Hey everyone, I am having a problem with Sendmail for Perl. I have a web page with five fields. Four textbox fields are: "fname" = From name "femail" = From email "tname" = To name "temail" = To email 1 textarea: "contents" = Email contents The script itself seems to be working fine. I input names and email addresses in the "to" and "from" fields and add contents. The e-mail send correctly and it gets to my inbox. When I open the e-mail in M$ Outlook, instead of reading EG: From: Robert (robert@email.com) To: John (john...

problems configuring sendmail
I am staring at a default setup of sendmail on redhat 9. A lot of places I've looked say that sendmail works right out of the box. I have a problem when I use the php mail() function it sends all messages to the root account. Has anybody else experienced this? Is this a common problem? I'm not a linux newbie but sendmail is totally new to me. I'm not a big fan of that config file. I don't think it's a php problem. If somebody could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanx James Edge wrote: > I am staring at a default setup of s...

Sendmail Configuration Problem
Hey everyone, I am having a problem with Sendmail for Perl. I have a web page with five fields. Four textbox fields are: "fname" = From name "femail" = From email "tname" = To name "temail" = To email 1 textarea: "contents" = Email contents The script itself seems to be working fine. I input names and email addresses in the "to" and "from" fields and add contents. The e-mail send correctly and it gets to my inbox. When I open the e-mail in M$ Outlook, instead of reading EG: From: Robert (robert@email.com) To: John (john...

Sendmail Configuration Problem
hi friends, i have a smalletwork with 50 systems. i have one linux server. i want to make my linux server as sendmail server in my lan. so what the configurations have to done in my server.. i searched different sites n still i didnt get idea on sendmail... pleas help me how to do sendmail configuration with in a lan.... my clients are win98, win2000prof,linux.. so pls help me thnx in advance, regards kishore ---------------------------------------- The post originated from Linux Forum: ---------------------------------------- http://www.linuxforum.com http:/...

Sendmail Configuration Problem #3
In my company I have got a FC5 box working as the linux email server. The main work this does is collect mails from an external mail server and then distributes the mail locally. Mails which are generated within the company and which are addressed to the company domain are distributed locally. What I would like to know is that suppose a person with the id abc@xxxx.com(this id exists in the local mail server) sends a mail to a person with id xyz@xxxx.com(this id does not exist in the local mail server but exists in the external mail server) is there any way to force sendmail to try sending it to the external mail server. Right now what is happening is that it bounces back saying user not found. Thanks and Regards Vinayak vinayak.mahadevan@yahoo.com wrote: > > In my company I have got a FC5 box working as the linux email server. > The main work this does is collect mails from an external mail server > and then distributes the mail locally. Mails which are generated > within the company and which are addressed to the company domain are > distributed locally. What I would like to know is that suppose a > person with the id abc@xxxx.com(this id exists in the local mail > server) sends a mail to a person with id xyz@xxxx.com(this id does not > exist in the local mail server but exists in the external mail server) > is there any way to force sendmail to try sending it to the external > mail server. Right now what is happening is that it bounces ...

sendmail configuration problem #2
how do i eliminate mails which bounce to and fro??...ie, if i send an email to an invalid address it returns to my server...then i delete it from mailq and from '/var/spool/mqueue.in the next 2 or 3 hours i get the same returned mail in my server again.this continues till the mailq gets filled enough to eat up huge amounts if system resources and this causes our websites hosted in the same machine to work slow... i've read about the 'deadletterdrop' option in the sendmail configuration f ile.will it help if i enable this option ?? i'm adding 2 entries from the log file f...

Configuring sendmail for mailing lists
Hey all, I am configuring a mail server for a group that needs to send out mail to some of their large mailing lists (I'm verifying that they are not spam lists), because their current service does not seem to cut it for them. What I would like to do is give them an easy way to compose the message in their own clients, and then send them via Certificate authenticated SMTP to the groups that they want. I think that they easiest way for them to do this would be to have a single alias to which they can mail their message, and have the server mail out to the rest of the addresses. I want to avoid installing unnecessary software into my server, so I was wondering if there is a way of doing this with just Sendmail? The list is fairly static, so I don't need to have the ability to update the list quickly, I just need to be able to make it easy for the sender to mail things out. Does anyone have any recommendations? Sincerely, Aaron Hsu -- +++++++++++++++ ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x))) +++++++++++++++ Email: <arcfide@sacrideo.us> | WWW: <http://www.sacrideo.us> Scheme Programming is subtle; subtlety can be hard. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Aaron W. Hsu wrote: > Hey all, > > I am configuring a mail server for a group that needs to send out mail > to some of their large mailing lists (I'm verifying that they are not > spam lists), because their current service does not seem to cut it f...

Configuring Sendmail for outbound mail only
Hello, and thanks for reading. The company I work for has setup a Fedora Core 4 box as a webserver. This server will be hosting a Flash game that uses a PHP connection to a MySQL database. The server is properly configured for SSL. When someone plays and wins the Flash game, an email is generated. Everything upto the email works. The Flash game uses the "mail" command and has been tested on another Linux box. The problem seems to be Sendmail. (or rather, it's configuration) The server will never need to receive mail - only send. It also does not resolve to a URL by design. How can I configure Sendmail to either send mail directly or to interface with my ISP's mailserver? Thanks very much for your help! Joe ...

How to configure sendmail to send mails
FUP from comp.lang.python Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 15:38:25 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 5/9/2013 4:29 =CE=BC=CE=BC, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 feedth= etroll =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: >>> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to >>> setip up to work. >>> i cannot connect to it via my python script. >> OK, I should have been more exact: >> To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent, >> Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ... >> >> DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (=3D"mailbox management", "pop3(s)", >> "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a >> WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails= ..) >> >> So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access, >> don't you) and configure it. >> >> But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic. >=20 > i as root just inatslled >=20 > sendmail and mailx. i have edited the ~/.mailrc to use: > > nikos@superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# cat ~/.mailrc > account gmail { > set smtp-use-starttls > set smtp=3Dsmtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 > set smtp-auth=3Dlogin > set smtp-auth-user=3Dmay)gmail > set smtp-auth-password=3Dmy_gmail_pass_not_stupid_enough_to_w...

Mail Server Configuration Problem
How does one configure a (Redhat 8.0) server so that it will accept mail addressed as userID@mail.com (this one doesn't work) as well as userID@www.mail.com? (this one does) Thanks. pittsf wrote: > How does one configure a (Redhat 8.0) server so that it will accept > mail addressed as > > userID@mail.com (this one doesn't work) One way would be to use a domain name that is registered to you. Registrant: eXact Advertisting, LLC (MAIL215-DOM) 1372 Broadway 20th floor New York, NY 10018 US Domain Name: MAIL.COM -- Confucius: He who play in root, eventually kill tree. Registered with The Linux Counter. http://counter.li.org/ Slackware 9.1.0 Kernel 2.4.22 SMP i686 (GCC) 3.3.2 Uptime: 26 days, 9:54, 2 users, load average: 1.16, 1.10, 0.6 pitts_fred@bah.com (pittsf) wrote in message news:<8a5d140c.0311011735.243155b7@posting.google.com>... > How does one configure a (Redhat 8.0) server so that it will accept > mail addressed as > > userID@mail.com (this one doesn't work) > > as well as > > userID@www.mail.com? (this one does) > > Thanks. You configure your MTA and DNS. Check the documentation specific to the software you are using. Eg. For sendmail: http://www.sendmail.org ...

Mail question
Linux 9.0 on i686 Setting up sendmail on a new box and running into a problem. The command "mail" to read a test message does not work. However, "mail -u gbr" does work. "id" shows gbr/gbr. Pop and smtp access seem to work, just cannot fathom what I have failed to configure or have misconfigured to prevent a simple "mail" from working. Thanks, Gerald -- Gerald B. Rosenberg NewTechLaw "Gerald B. Rosenberg" <No@address.net> wrote in message news:MPG.19db5fb1ae0fe26798970a@news.concentric.net > Linux 9.0 on i686 > > Se...

sendmail simple mailing list problem
I have set up sendmail to use my ISP's outgoing mail server as a relay for mail from my server using the instructions I found here http://www.leo.org/~barner/freebsd/articles/mailsetup/article.html I use dyndns so that everyone can find myserver (as myserver.dyndns.net). I can send and receive mail on my server. I am also using a simple mailing list with about 15 subscribers that I set up using a mail alias (i.e. with the line 'mylist: : include:/usr/home/me/lists/mylist.txt') I can send mail to anyone on the list by sending mail to mylist@myserver.dyndns.net from any of my email accounts and from my account at my ISP (call it myaccount@myISP.com). Other users have also successfully sent mail to the list. However, a subset of the users also use my ISP and their mail to the list gets bounced by the ISP server. The error message in the bounced email is 553 You are not authorized to send mail as <otheruser@myisp.com> 501 5.6.0 Data format error So <myaccount@myisp.com> and <myotheraccount@mywork.com> can send mail to the list but not <otheruser@myisp.com>. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks Alan Alan Curtis wrote: > So <myaccount@myisp.com> and <myotheraccount@mywork.com> can send mail > to the list but not <otheruser@myisp.com>. > Any suggestions on how to fix this? Would it be an option to set up the mailinglist in the traditional not-just-a-single-alias style, in particular, rewriting the enve...

Sendmail firewall problems
Hi all, I've got sendmail running on my server, but I'm having trouble getting it to send mail out through my firewall (using iptables). My default input policy is 'DROP', but I've used the following rule to allow SMTP connnections: $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 25 -s 0.0.0.0/0 -j ACCEPT I've heard that some servers will time out (or wait for a long time) if you silently drop IDENT requests, so I've specifically rejected them with: $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 113 -j REJECT $IPT -A INPUT -p udp --dport 113 -j REJECT If I set my default input policy to ACCEPT, I can telnet to the mail servers which I'm having trouble with (one such server is emr2.eu.uu.net) and initiate an SMTP session. With the default input policy set to DROP, a telnet to the same server on port 25 just hangs (it resolves the IP address correctly, but doesn't go any further). When attempting the connections, I get the following entry in my firewall log repeatedly: Feb 8 15:06:02 p15112495 kernel: firewallIN=eth0 OUT= MAC=00:20:ed:58:cf:2c:00:00:5a:9d:07:e6:08:00 SRC=62.189.34.125 DST=217.160.168.154 LEN=64 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=49 ID=14407 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=25 DPT=52161 WINDOW=24616 RES=0x00 ACK SYN URGP=0 netstat reveals that the SMTP connection I'm initiating is going out from port 52161 my side, so I can see that the other server is sending packets back from its port 25 to my port 52161, and they're getting blocked. I think perhaps I need to use -m --s...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM ...

How configure sendmail for accepting mail for ANY rcpt address
I want configure sendmail for accepting mails which are from any sender address (anyuser@anydomain) and for any recipient addresses ( again, anyuser@anydomain), and delivering them to one local account. Reccomended practice for virtual domains probably isn't working - - I can create catch-all entry in a virtusertable for one destination domain, but how make entry for catch *all* destination domains? Is there any trick for this? Thank, Fr. Hanzlik Franta Hanzlik <franta@hanzlici.cz> wrote: > I want configure sendmail for accepting mails which are from any sender &g...

Configure sendmail to add BCC to all sent mail..
Hi to all, we're using sendmail as smtp daemon on our company's mail server. Some employees use a special account configured on their mail client software (e.g costumercare@company.com) to answer costumers' requests. We'd like to feed a database with all sent mail (the sender is obviousely keept anonymous, since the account used to send mail is the same for all employees): in order to do this, we asked the employees to add a bcc to a special mail address. A daemon, running on another server, periodically reads the mailbox asssigned to the special mail address and elaborates messages. The problem is, in the most of answers the employee simply forgets to add a BCC, so we're searching for a method, or plugin, to make sendmail add automatically the special BCC address to all mail sent from costumercare@company.com. There's a way to do this ? I understand that a such method may be used to violate employees' privacy, but this is not the case, 'cause it would be applied only to a non-personal mail account and employees will always be aware all sent mail 'll be recorded. Thanks in advance, and sorry if this's a FAQ. Scorpio. Scorpio wrote: > Thanks in advance, and sorry if this's a FAQ. It probably is. You can use MIMEDefang and have a filter_end routine something like this: if (lc($Sender) eq '<costumercare@company.com>') { add_recipient('<magic-bcc-address@company.com>'); } MIMED...

Problem with mails from mailing lists
The details: A DMZ server with a real domain name and ip. Distro is Debian unstable, Sendmail version is 8.13.4 and kernel is 2.6.10. Server is also MX for the domain. All mail for the domain goes to 1 user and fetchmail POP3's the mail to the internal Exchange 2003 server. The config files: /etc/mail/sendmail.mc define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.12.11-5 2004-04-22 15:43:34 cowboy Exp $') OSTYPE(`debian')dnl DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl LOCAL_CONFIG FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> /etc/...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM "FabienM" <FabienM@badadress.fr> writes: > how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? > that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... double-click on the bar which seperates the list of messages from the body of the message. It should jump to the bottom of the screen and none of the body content should be visible any more. When you're done, double-click on it again. Or drag it instead of double-clicking on it. -- Plain Bread alone for e-mail, thanks. The rest gets trashed. No HTML in E-Mail! -- http://www.expita.com/nomime.html Are you posting responses that are easy for others to follow? http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting > > how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? > > that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... > > double-click on the bar which seperates the list of messages > from the body of the message. It should jump to the bottom > of the screen and none of the body content should be visible > any more. fabulous !!! it's crazy how a double-click can save your life... :) t...

Problem getting my mail out with sendmail (namelookup failed)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all, when trying to send an e-mail outside my system it generates the following error message: -------------------------------------------------------- 451 hotmail.com: Name server timeout Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours Will keep trying until message is 5 days old -------------------------------------------------------- Thoug, my nameserver works fine: -------------------------------------------------------- ; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> hotmail.com ;; global options: printcmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 27640 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 4, ADDITIONAL: 4 ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;hotmail.com. IN A ;; ANSWER SECTION: hotmail.com. 1775 IN A 64.4.32.7 hotmail.com. 1775 IN A 64.4.33.7 hotmail.com. 1775 IN A 64.4.52.7 ;; AUTHORITY SECTION: hotmail.com. 1604 IN NS ns1.hotmail.com. hotmail.com. 1604 IN NS ns2.hotmail.com. hotmail.com. 1604 IN NS ns3.hotmail.com. hotmail.com. 1604 IN NS ns4.hotmail.com. ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION: ns1.hotmail.com. 152777 IN A 216.200.206.140 ns2.hotmail.com. 2843 IN A 216.200.206.139 ns3.hotmail.com. 134757 IN ...

yahoo.com.au mail problems problems problems
Hello, in the last month I encountered big problems to read mail from yahoo.com.au server. There is no chance to connect to e-mail /www based server. Having logged to www.yahoo.com.au mail window doesn't open waiting for an image from au.adserver.yahoo.com server is that server dead, making reading mail completely impossible ? Ping says, that server is unreachable. What can I do to make things better as in previous months ? Ple ...

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I can synchronize the mail on both machines? Failing that, is there a way -- besides doing it message-by-message -- to save the text and attachments from new mail messages? Problem two: Though by all means I can understand, both PBs are set up exactly the same way and certainly the mail prefs are the same, when I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at home, it opens Firefox to the correct page, just like it ought to do, but if I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at the shop, the mail window flashes once, but nothing opens. Both PBs are set up with Firefox as the default browser. What in the ding-dong am I doing wrong? Thanks! Bart Brown ...

Web resources about - Synonym Configuration Problem - comp.mail.sendmail

Configuration file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , configuration files , or config files configure the initial settings for some computer programs . They are used for user applications ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...

All configurations of Nexus 6p back in stock at Google Store
... variants. Considering the fact the Nexus 6p hasn’t been on the market very long just yet, we wouldn’t be surprised if some of these configurations ...

Apple Watch launches in India with 40 available configurations, Hermes edition left out
Apple Watch hit store shelves in India on Friday with 40 different size, model and strap combinations available to consumers starting at 30,900 ...