Freedompop 'Mingle' Hotspot?

Has anybody used one?  I can apparently get one for $22.00.

No data plan, so we really just need it for data when we're away from
home or friends' homes.  FREE data, of course.  We just put one of
Freedompop's $5 SIMs in a phone to use for finding cheap gas stations
(seemed to use 2-3 MB/use) in the next town between California and
Texas, and it worked fine.  Currently wrestling with trying to get a
cheap Bobarry dual-SIM tablet to see SIMs, and this would obviate the
problem and allow all our devices to use minimal data.

Thoughts?

--
Cheers, Bev
   "Incontinence hotline, can you hold?"

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 11:30:44 -0800, The Real Bev wrote:

> Thoughts?

Only that FreedomPop has lots of users complaining that they can't get out
of being billed $19.95 for subsequent months after the first free month. No
idea if those complaints are "fake news" items or valid complaints, tho'.

I'd be interested in hearing what further feedback you receive.

Is T-Mobile's old offer, of a free data-SIM, with up to 200 MB of free data
per month, still a viable offer? and, if so, of any use to you?

Cheers, -- tlvp
tlvp
12/25/2016 5:28:55 AM
On 12/24/2016 09:28 PM, tlvp wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 11:30:44 -0800, The Real Bev wrote:
>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Only that FreedomPop has lots of users complaining that they can't get out
> of being billed $19.95 for subsequent months after the first free month. No
> idea if those complaints are "fake news" items or valid complaints, tho'.

I've heard that too, but I opted out on line and received email
confirmation.  If I get billed I'll report back.  We should have waited
-- instead of giving us the full month of unlimited stuff they
immediately cut it back to the monthly allowance, so we have less than 2
MB available for the next 2 weeks.  Not a real problem.

> I'd be interested in hearing what further feedback you receive.
>
> Is T-Mobile's old offer, of a free data-SIM, with up to 200 MB of free data
> per month, still a viable offer? and, if so, of any use to you?

We did that too, but we can't get the tablet or phone to recognize the
card and/or the system demands $3.00, which is just WRONG.  It's still
available, but you have to hunt for it on the website.  The local stores
don't have a clue.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/t-mobile-reiterates-free-data-for-life-details.htm

--
Cheers, Bev
  His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of morbid curiosity.