How do I get Voice-to-Text back in my Android 4.3 for SMS texting?

All of a sudden, I lost the little microphone icon in my default SMS
text application on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3.
 http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7373/12344496284_046d7946d1_o.png

This is an important omission, since I do offline speech-to-text
SMS text messages (I almost never use my fat fingers to text).

To get back that offline microphone app, I suspect I need to *install*
something, because it *was* there from the beginning - but now it's
(suddenly) gone!

But what free app do I download to get *back* that little microphone?

0
Danny
2/6/2014 3:43:25 PM
comp.mobile.android 1779 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:43:25 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote:

> But what free app do I download to get *back* that little microphone?

Googling, I first thought that little microphone which is now missing
in the keyboard might have originally come from "Google Voice Search":
 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.voicesearch

But, "Google Voice Search" is already installed, and has been installed
since before I upgraded from Android 4.2.1 to Android 4.3.
 http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/12347746965_fb97022d25_o.jpg

Q: What is the app that adds a microphone to the standard keyboard?

0
Danny
2/6/2014 6:03:41 PM
On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:12:07 -0800, jurb6006 wrote:

> I don't know if this applies to you but a friend of mine said he had that
> for a time and later found out it was only a free trial and then they
> wantted money. He no longer has it.

Well, if I knew what had put the little offline microphone into the
default keyboard in the first place, I could look up the terms and
conditions - but I don' think it was trialware because the voice-to-text
microphone was on the phone for more than a year.

That keyboard microphone disappeared about the time I upgraded to Android 4.3.

What I've done, in the meantime, is just now I installed a dozen purported
offline voice-to-text applications.

Maybe one of those will bring the microphone back.

0
Danny
2/6/2014 6:41:08 PM
On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 18:41:08 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote:

> Maybe one of those will bring the microphone back.

None of these voice-to-text apps worked, so, something is missing:
 http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5548/12348644203_c7fe100b04_o.gif

Each app gave a different (but similar) error:
 http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2835/12348936623_2c9096ec75_o.png
- Sorry, you have no app for voice recognition.
- You have no app to recognize speech, sorry.
- Recognizer not present.
- Recognition service is not available.
- Not a system app. Illegal installation.
- Voice recognition is not installed.

Perhaps the most detailed error message was:
 http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2827/12349496964_8cf9023379_o.jpg
 Runtime Error: No activity found to handle
 intent {
 act=android.speech.action.RECOGNIZE_SPEECH
 (has extraqs)}

But, since "Google Search" *is* installed, what are these error
messages trying to tell me is actually missing?

0
Danny
2/6/2014 7:29:26 PM
On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 19:29:26 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote:

I'm googling for the error:

 RuntimeError: No activity found to handle intent {act=android.speech.action.RECOGNIZE_SPEECH (has extras)}

and I'm finding it's a common one.

0
Danny
2/6/2014 7:34:05 PM
On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 19:34:05 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote:

>  RuntimeError: No activity found to handle intent
>  {act=android.speech.action.RECOGNIZE_SPEECH (has extras)}

I'm pretty sure something is missing, but what?
Here's all the "google stuff" I have installed:
 http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3832/12349659853_fb72dfb18f_o.png

- Gmail
- Google Play Books
- Google Play Games
- Google Play Movies & TV
- Google Play Music
- Google Play Store
- Google Text-to-speech Engine

Do you recognize what is missing?

0
Danny
2/6/2014 7:49:48 PM
Danny D'Amico <dannyd@is.invalid> wrote:
> All of a sudden, I lost the little microphone icon in my default SMS
> text application on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3.
>  http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7373/12344496284_046d7946d1_o.png
>
> This is an important omission, since I do offline speech-to-text
> SMS text messages (I almost never use my fat fingers to text).
>
> To get back that offline microphone app, I suspect I need to *install*
> something, because it *was* there from the beginning - but now it's
> (suddenly) gone!
>
> But what free app do I download to get *back* that little microphone?

Check settings, language & input, mine works (v4.0.4) and is set to default
to Google keyboard, Google voice typing is set to automatic ...should place
a microphone on keyboard when you tap input area!
--
Ben aka cMech  http://cmech.dynip.com
0
On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 22:04:56 +0000, Ben Ritchey wrote:

> Check settings, language & input, mine works (v4.0.4) and is set to
> default to Google keyboard, Google voice typing is set to automatic
> ...should place a microphone on keyboard when you tap input area!

I've hit every single button or option in Android 4.3 "Language & Input".

They moved it, in 4.3 to:
 Settings->My Device->Language and input->Default->Google Keyboard

I even tried removing and adding "Google Keyboard", all to no avail.

Once Google Keyboard is selected in "Language and input", clicking
 Google Keyboard->Settings->Voice input key=checked

There's nothing else about the audio or microphone input to the
keyboard.

I think my problem is that neither I, nor anyone else, knows how
audio works on Android. Something fundamental is missing or corrupt.

0
Danny
2/7/2014 11:23:55 AM
On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 11:41:08 -0700, Danny D'Amico <danny@is.invalid> wrote:

>> ...snip...
>
> Maybe one of those will bring the microphone back.

get a gmail account with voicemail capability. the telephone number you
get converts voice to text and emails you the message.

it's free, too. doesn't do a bad job on numbers, but it's a hoot on
dialects.
0
RobertMacy
2/7/2014 1:18:47 PM
On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 06:18:47 -0700, RobertMacy wrote:

> get a gmail account with voicemail capability. the telephone number you
> get converts voice to text and emails you the message.

I apologize for not being specific enough in the request.

What I'm trying to accomplish, is, speaking into the phone, using the
microphone of the phone instead of the keyboard, and having that spoken
sentence transcribed into an SMS text message.

I'm pretty sure "something" deep inside the operating system is
corrupted, since I've uninstalled and re-installed multiple keyboards,
and a half-dozen voice-to-sms programs, and all those speech-to-text
programs complain about a missing underlying hook:
  RuntimeError: No activity found to handle intent
  {act=android.speech.action.RECOGNIZE_SPEECH (has extras)}

At this point, I probably need to either find someone who knows what that
underlying program actually is; or, if it's an inconspicuous part of the
Android operating system, then I need to re-install the OS.

Is there a way to update the Android operating system on a T-Mobile
Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3 when the operating system is
slightly corrupted (but otherwise up to date already)?

0
Danny
2/7/2014 2:58:23 PM
Danny D'Amico has written on 2/7/2014 6:23 AM:
> On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 22:04:56 +0000, Ben Ritchey wrote:
>
>> Check settings, language & input, mine works (v4.0.4) and is set to
>> default to Google keyboard, Google voice typing is set to automatic
>> ...should place a microphone on keyboard when you tap input area!
>
> I've hit every single button or option in Android 4.3 "Language & Input".
>
> They moved it, in 4.3 to:
>  Settings->My Device->Language and input->Default->Google Keyboard

Under Settings > My Device > Language and input, I have:

Default Swiftkey
	Samsung keyboard
	Swype
	Google Keyboard
	Google voice typing <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    <check> Swiftkey
	Swype + Dragon

Do you have Google voice typing???
0
Juan
2/7/2014 6:37:35 PM
On Fri, 7 Feb 2014 14:58:23 +0000 (UTC), Danny D'Amico <danny@is.invalid>
wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 06:18:47 -0700, RobertMacy wrote:
>
>> get a gmail account with voicemail capability. the telephone number =
you
>> get converts voice to text and emails you the message.
>
>I apologize for not being specific enough in the request.
>
>What I'm trying to accomplish, is, speaking into the phone, using the=20
>microphone of the phone instead of the keyboard, and having that spoken=20
>sentence transcribed into an SMS text message.
>
>I'm pretty sure "something" deep inside the operating system is=20
>corrupted, since I've uninstalled and re-installed multiple keyboards,=20
>and a half-dozen voice-to-sms programs, and all those speech-to-text=20
>programs complain about a missing underlying hook:
>  RuntimeError: No activity found to handle intent
>  {act=3Dandroid.speech.action.RECOGNIZE_SPEECH (has extras)}
>
>At this point, I probably need to either find someone who knows what =
that=20
>underlying program actually is; or, if it's an inconspicuous part of the=
=20
>Android operating system, then I need to re-install the OS.
>
>Is there a way to update the Android operating system on a T-Mobile=20
>Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3 when the operating system is=20
>slightly corrupted (but otherwise up to date already)?

Call me crazy but didn't your problems start when you upgraded Android
itself?  Maybe the answer is a downgrade?

?-)
0
josephkk
2/9/2014 9:43:13 PM
On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 13:43:13 -0800, josephkk wrote:

> Call me crazy but didn't your problems start when you upgraded Android
> itself?  Maybe the answer is a downgrade?

Unfortunatly, I've installed so much on this Android phone that I really
do not know /when/ the problems started.

While cleaning things up, /think/ I may have uninstalled a Google "service"
that apparently controls the voice recognition.

So, what I really need to figure out is how to get a system /back/ to
where it was, with respect to all the /required/ services.

Does anyone know if there is a way to check for all the required
services (because clearly I'm missing one of them)?

0
Danny
2/9/2014 11:03:53 PM
Danny D'Amico wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 13:43:13 -0800, josephkk wrote:
>
>> Call me crazy but didn't your problems start when you upgraded Android
>> itself?  Maybe the answer is a downgrade?
>
> Unfortunatly, I've installed so much on this Android phone that I really
> do not know /when/ the problems started.
>
> While cleaning things up, /think/ I may have uninstalled a Google "service"
> that apparently controls the voice recognition.
>
> So, what I really need to figure out is how to get a system /back/ to
> where it was, with respect to all the /required/ services.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to check for all the required
> services (because clearly I'm missing one of them)?

Have you tried 'settings'? - http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-Android-Phone

Good luck!

-
0
BD
2/9/2014 11:13:30 PM
On 10.02.14 0:03, Danny D'Amico wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 13:43:13 -0800, josephkk wrote:
>
>> Call me crazy but didn't your problems start when you upgraded Android
>> itself?  Maybe the answer is a downgrade?
>
> Unfortunatly, I've installed so much on this Android phone that I really
> do not know /when/ the problems started.
>
> While cleaning things up, /think/ I may have uninstalled a Google "service"
> that apparently controls the voice recognition.
>
> So, what I really need to figure out is how to get a system /back/ to
> where it was, with respect to all the /required/ services.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to check for all the required
> services (because clearly I'm missing one of them)?

Easy. Make a backup before you start experimenting.
No backup? In that case you are sure out of luck.
0
Sjouke
2/10/2014 12:17:31 AM
On 02/09/2014 03:03 PM, Danny D'Amico wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 13:43:13 -0800, josephkk wrote:
>
>> Call me crazy but didn't your problems start when you upgraded Android
>> itself?  Maybe the answer is a downgrade?
>
> Unfortunatly, I've installed so much on this Android phone that I really
> do not know /when/ the problems started.
>
> While cleaning things up, /think/ I may have uninstalled a Google "service"
> that apparently controls the voice recognition.
>
> So, what I really need to figure out is how to get a system /back/ to
> where it was, with respect to all the /required/ services.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to check for all the required
> services (because clearly I'm missing one of them)?

Every carrier has its own suite of installed apps. I have a Credo phone.
I get Google Play, Plus Samsung and Sprint Stores. You should be able to
flash it back to Factory. Backup your data files onto a removeable.
Remove it. Then Restore.
0
dave
2/10/2014 3:10:30 PM
On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 13:37:35 -0500, Juan Wei wrote:

> Default Swiftkey
> 	Samsung keyboard Swype Google Keyboard Google voice typing
> 	<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>     <check> Swiftkey
> 	Swype + Dragon
>
> Do you have Google voice typing???

I did all that.
I uninstalled and re-installed Google Keyboard too.
No joy.

0
Danny
2/10/2014 9:24:35 PM
 Danny D'Amico <dannyd@is.invalid> Wrote in message:
> All of a sudden, I lost the little microphone icon in my default SMS
> text application on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3.
>  http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7373/12344496284_046d7946d1_o.png
>
> This is an important omission, since I do offline speech-to-text
> SMS text messages (I almost never use my fat fingers to text).
>
> To get back that offline microphone app, I suspect I need to *install*
> something, because it *was* there from the beginning - but now it's
> (suddenly) gone!
>
> But what free app do I download to get *back* that little microphone?

Apparently, on my Galaxy Victory it was not wanting to work if I
 did not have a valid Internet connection. I installed the Google
 Voice Typing module for the XPosed Framework and now I have voice
 typing when-ever I need it.

--
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Victory:
Ciao . . . C.Joseph

?Listen carefully to how a person speaks about other people to
 you. This his how they will speak about you to other
 people.?

?Unknown
On 16/02/2014 16:20, C.Joseph wrote:
[]
> Apparently, on my Galaxy Victory it was not wanting to work if I
>   did not have a valid Internet connection. I installed the Google
>   Voice Typing module for the XPosed Framework and now I have voice
>   typing when-ever I need it.

Needing an Internet connection is true of the Apple devices as well -
voice recognition is done centrally, not on the device itself which may
lack the capacity for such a job.

--
Cheers,
David
David Taylor wrote:

> On 16/02/2014 16:20, C.Joseph wrote:
>
>> Apparently, on my Galaxy Victory it was not wanting to work if I
>> did not have a valid Internet connection.
>
> Needing an Internet connection is true of the Apple devices as well -
> voice recognition is done centrally, not on the device itself which may
> lack the capacity for such a job.

On Android devices (not sure which versions, certainly 4.2 and later)
there's an option to download the speech recognition engine for offline use.

0
Andy
2/16/2014 7:05:51 PM
Hey Danny,

You've done some great research in this thread, and I too have been hunting=
 for that elusive microphone icon so I can talk out my texts...  I too have=
 just upgraded to Android 4.3.

I have just fixed what my problem was.=20

On the suggestion of the comment somewhere in this thread of downgrading th=
e installed version I went hunting on the phone to see if I can restore a p=
revious version.  In the end I didn't need to, as I found that the service =
that provides the MICROPHONE option is called Google Search.  It just so ha=
ppened I disabled it when I went on a rampage of trying to optimise my phon=
e.

Here's were I went to enable things on Android 4.3.
 o  Home Screen | Menu | Settings | More ... | Application Manager
 o  Swipe screen from right to left several times: from downloaded, past SD=
 CARD, past running, then to DISABLED  (if you don't see a disabled tab, th=
en this suggested cure is not for you - you have another issue - try googli=
ng or installing Google Search)
 o  click on GOOGLE SEARCH, choose enable.
 o  exit out, and return to a text/sms screen
 o  Long press on the button to the left of the space bar
 o  Yep, Microphone is now there, so choose it.

Good luck mate
DJ

0
dj
7/3/2014 8:50:01 AM
Awsome, that was the problem.  I too had disabled a service that controlled the microphone.

Thanks for posting the answer.
0
timetrips
7/26/2014 1:07:02 AM
On Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:50:01 AM UTC-4, d...@knowledgeware.co.nz wrote:
> Hey Danny,
>=20
>=20
>=20
> You've done some great research in this thread, and I too have been hunti=
ng for that elusive microphone icon so I can talk out my texts...  I too ha=
ve just upgraded to Android 4.3.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I have just fixed what my problem was.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> On the suggestion of the comment somewhere in this thread of downgrading =
the installed version I went hunting on the phone to see if I can restore a=
 previous version.  In the end I didn't need to, as I found that the servic=
e that provides the MICROPHONE option is called Google Search.  It just so =
happened I disabled it when I went on a rampage of trying to optimise my ph=
one.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Here's were I went to enable things on Android 4.3.
>=20
>  o  Home Screen | Menu | Settings | More ... | Application Manager
>=20
>  o  Swipe screen from right to left several times: from downloaded, past =
SD CARD, past running, then to DISABLED  (if you don't see a disabled tab, =
then this suggested cure is not for you - you have another issue - try goog=
ling or installing Google Search)
>=20
>  o  click on GOOGLE SEARCH, choose enable.
>=20
>  o  exit out, and return to a text/sms screen
>=20
>  o  Long press on the button to the left of the space bar
>=20
>  o  Yep, Microphone is now there, so choose it.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Good luck mate
>=20
> DJ

You are my new (temporary) hero! After 3 calls to Verizon tech support ( 2 =
to 2nd level - a joke)the best they could come up with was a factory reset,=
 which would have lost data and recordings. Motorola was also no help. Your=
 answer worked! How they can not know what turns out to be a simple fix?!
0
billvoehringer
8/7/2014 1:29:52 PM
How do I get rid of google voice and go back to my vioce mail that go's to my phone
0
jfike591
2/10/2015 9:44:56 PM
On 2/6/2014 10:43 AM, Danny D'Amico wrote:
> All of a sudden, I lost the little microphone icon in my default SMS
> text application on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3.
>   http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7373/12344496284_046d7946d1_o.png
>
> This is an important omission, since I do offline speech-to-text
> SMS text messages (I almost never use my fat fingers to text).
>
> To get back that offline microphone app, I suspect I need to *install*
> something, because it *was* there from the beginning - but now it's
> (suddenly) gone!
>
> But what free app do I download to get *back* that little microphone?

This happened to me on Android 4.4.2.  I got the microphone back.  I
don't know if 4.2 is the same, but maybe it is.  Try this:

Go to Settings->Language & Input and make sure Google Voice Typing is
checked.

I know you've done that, but that's just half of what needs to be done.

Then touch Language, and select English.  Without that, I think the
program still won't give you the microphone because it has to know what
language you're using before it can transcribe voice.

If you see an 'Auto' option for language, you can experiment with it,
but I don't think it will work.  I think you need to use 'English'.

If that works or fails, let us know.

I got voice typing back by a much more circuitous route but I think the
above is all I really had to do.

The above advice came from a fellow name H Pham on the Yahoo Tracfone
Users group.  If this works, he's the guy who deserves the credit.  If
it doesn't work I'll tell you the terrible way I got it working, which
involved downloading Google Translate.

One way or another, I'm pretty sure it will work and I think it very
likely that it's a configuration problem, not a problem with needing to
download software.  I think my downloading Google Translate caused
Google Translate to set the right configuration settings for me.  I
don't think the software itself was needed.

    Alan
0
Alan
2/10/2015 11:06:11 PM
I just posted a different solution that worked on an LG 34C running
4.4.2.  The solution you posted is clearly a good one for Danny's device.

I suspect that what is happening is that there's a configuration setting
and various apps that need that setting, one being Google Search and
another being Google Translate, set it automatically.

It will be interesting to see if turning off Google Search causes the
microphone to revert.

    Alan

On 8/7/2014 9:29 AM, billvoehringer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:50:01 AM UTC-4, d...@knowledgeware.co.nz wrote:
>> Hey Danny,
>>

>> You've done some great research in this thread, and I too have been hunting for that elusive microphone icon so I can talk out my texts...  I too have just upgraded to Android 4.3.
>>

>> I have just fixed what my problem was.
>>

>> On the suggestion of the comment somewhere in this thread of downgrading the installed version I went hunting on the phone to see if I can restore a previous version.  In the end I didn't need to, as I found that the service that provides the MICROPHONE option is called Google Search.  It just so happened I disabled it when I went on a rampage of trying to optimise my phone.
>>

>> Here's were I went to enable things on Android 4.3.
>>
>>   o  Home Screen | Menu | Settings | More ... | Application Manager
>>
>>   o  Swipe screen from right to left several times: from downloaded, past SD CARD, past running, then to DISABLED  (if you don't see a disabled tab, then this suggested cure is not for you - you have another issue - try googling or installing Google Search)
>>
>>   o  click on GOOGLE SEARCH, choose enable.
>>
>>   o  exit out, and return to a text/sms screen
>>
>>   o  Long press on the button to the left of the space bar
>>
>>   o  Yep, Microphone is now there, so choose it.
>>

>> Good luck mate
>>
>> DJ
>
> You are my new (temporary) hero! After 3 calls to Verizon tech support ( 2 to 2nd level - a joke)the best they could come up with was a factory reset, which would have lost data and recordings. Motorola was also no help. Your answer worked! How they can not know what turns out to be a simple fix?!

0
Alan
2/10/2015 11:14:12 PM
I NEED TO GET MY MICPHONE BACK FOR MY VOICE VOICE TEXTING.
0
iamprincesspeggy
1/16/2016 2:31:07 AM
Try pressing and holding the button it should show all the options i had the same problem
0
mikeg
3/15/2016 12:41:31 AM
I'll cut to the chase:
RE-ENABLE GOOGLE SEARCH.

good, now you can try all the obvious stuff also mentioned here
Cheers
0
zetsuboshi

How to streamline sending of SMS text messages on Android 4.3
When I need to send an SMS text, I have to hit too many buttons, one of which is really tiny, so, I'm trying to streamline the process. Currently, here's how I send an SMS text in Android 4.3: 1. I hit the yellow "Message" icon in my dock. 2. I select the recipient from my "Contacts". 3. I press the "Enter message" rectangle. 4. I press the teeny tiny "Microphone" key on the keyboard. 5. I verbally speak out the SMS text message. 6. I press the black "Send" envelope icon. The one step I'd like to streamline is to AUTOMA...

Where does Android Gmail & K9Mail & Android Email (and SMS text) store their files on the phone?
I am manually backing up my Android phone files to my Linux hard disk and, I'm trying to find out *where* Android stores the emails which are downloaded by the Gmail, K9 Mail, and Email apps & the SMS texts. While there are over 50 directories that show up when I plug the phone by USB into the laptop, none of those 50 are named "email" or "k9" or "gmail" or "text". So, where is downloaded mail & SMS text stored on Android? On 2014-09-11, Alphonse Arnaud <AlphonseArnaud@aol.com> wrote: > I am manually backing up my Andro...

Wher is the native Android 4.3 AppOps permission manager in the newer 4.4.2 Android version?
The native Android 4.3 "App Ops" is/was a built-in application permissions manager but I'm having trouble finding it on my friend's newer Android 4.4.2 phone. Anyone know how to access the Android AppOps permission manager in the newer Android devices? Never mind. I found out how to get the native Google AppOps back. http://www.androidauthority.com/android-4-4-2-app-ops-privacy-eff-google-324480/ http://pocketnow.com/2013/12/17/app-ops http://www.howtogeek.com/177915/how-to-restore-access-to-app-ops-in-android-4.4.2/ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...

text + text

text-text

Where is the Android "Task Manager" on Android 4.3 ?
Whenever my Android S3 TouchWiz Home phone asks me to select something to use to send something, I get the message: Clear defaults Clear default app settings by going to Task manager > Clear default and tapping Clear OK. Where is "Task manager"? When I go to my Android 4.3 "More", I see "Application manager", but I don't see *anything* called "Task Manager" anywhere in the Android settings. And, why am I supposed to go there anyway? Nduka Okafor wrote: > Whenever my Android S3 TouchWiz Home phone asks me to select > s...

Japanese text entry problem Mac OS X 10.3.4 -- Kotoeri grayed out in i8n text entry palette
I've activated kotoeri text entry (romaji, hiragana, etc) in the internationalization system preferences dialogue. I can successfully enter text in Japanese kana, however, there is no kanji conversion as you would expect with hitting the space key. It's as if the dictionary used is missing. Does anyone know the path to the dictionary file that kotoeri uses, or is there some setup component that I may be missing? I have an older ti powerbook that is upgraded to 10.3.4 Thanks Sean ...

HTC One handsets get Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and Sense 5.5
<http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2302986/htc-one-handsets-get-android-43-jelly-bean-and-sense-55> <quote> TAIWANESE PHONE MAKER HTC has started rolling out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and its Sense 5.5 custom software to its flagship HTC One smartphone. HTC didn't deliver the updates in September as promised, but it started the rollout on Thursday to provide the HTC One with the new software features found in the HTC One Max smartphone. </quote> -- The key to praying is talking to yourself and pretending someone intelligent is listening. -Craig Smith On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:42:00 GMT, Crabbit Bampot wrote: > <http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2302986/htc-one-handsets-get-android-43-jelly-bean-and-sense-55> > > <quote> > TAIWANESE PHONE MAKER HTC has started rolling out Android 4.3 Jelly > Bean and its Sense 5.5 custom software to its flagship HTC One > smartphone. > > HTC didn't deliver the updates in September as promised, but it > started the rollout on Thursday to provide the HTC One with the new > software features found in the HTC One Max smartphone. > </quote> Good! They are starting to follow the Apple model of supporting the user through the life, and then some, of the phone. HTC and LG as well are solid companies with good products. Hopefully they can make a decent profit from Android devices. -- flatfish+++ Thinking of trying Lin...

Samsung Galaxy S4 to get Android 4.3 and Galaxy Gear compatibility next month
<http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2293001/samsung-galaxy-s4-to-get-android-43-and-galaxy-gear-compatibility-next-month> <quote> KOREAN PHONE MAKER Samsung has announced that its flagship Galaxy S4 smartphone will get bumped to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in October. The firm revealed the news during its IFA Mobile Unpacked press conference on Wednesday, following the unveiling of the 5.7in Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and its Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Samsung hasn't spoken in specifics, instead saying vaguely that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will receive the upgrade to Android 4.3 "at some point in October", likely just before the arrival of Google releases Android 4.4. Kitkat. As well as the Galaxy S4, users of the Samsung Galaxy S3 can also expect to receive the update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. </quote> -- Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think. -Arthur Schopenhauer On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:52:01 GMT, Crabbit Bampot wrote: > <http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2293001/samsung-galaxy-s4-to-get-android-43-and-galaxy-gear-compatibility-next-month> > > <quote> > KOREAN PHONE MAKER Samsung has announced that its flagship Galaxy S4 > smartphone will get bumped to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in October. > > The firm revealed the news during its IFA Mobile Unpacked press > conference on Wednesday, following the unveiling...

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset bannerprint/1.0 %%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Times-Roman %%Creator: Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products %%CreationDate: May 10, 2000 %%Title: Test Page %%EndComments %%BeginProlog %%BeginResource procset bannerprint 1.1 0 % % PostScript banner page for the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS"). % % Copyright 1993-2005 Easy Software Products % % These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the % property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal % copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file % "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this % file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products % at: % % Attn: CUPS Licensing Information % Easy Software Products % 44141 Airport View Drive...

As Android gets popular, so does Android malware
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/08/04/lookout.threat.report.gahran/ (CNN) -- As Android devices get more popular, they're becoming a more attractive target for cybercriminals. Consequently, if you use an Android smartphone you are now 2.5 times more likely to encounter malware (malicious software) than you were six months ago. On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 19:17:28 +0200, Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote: > http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/08/04/lookout.threat.report.gahran/ > > (CNN) -- As Android devices get more popular, they're becoming a more > attractive target for cybercriminals. Consequently, if you use an Android > smartphone you are now 2.5 times more likely to encounter malware (malicious > software) than you were six months ago. And yet the Linux loons have been telling us for years that popularity has no bearing on the number of attacks. IOW the reason Linux hasn't been attacked in the past is due to it's security not it's obscurity. Guess they were wrong once again. No surprise. The LIEing for LIEnux always comes out eventually. -- 8/5/2011 1:26:22 PM Gary Stewart Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Come laugh at Linux "advocacy" with us! http://www.youtube.com/social/blog/techrights-org Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-li...

Android still has horrible text messaging bugs that'll get you fired, busted, or otherwise embarrassed
http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/31/android-still-has-horrible-text-messaging-bugs-thatll-get-you-f/ Android still has horrible text messaging bugs that'll get you fired, busted, or otherwise embarrassed Pardon us if the headline is a little sensational, but this is one that we've personally experienced -- and it's not pretty. For at least the last couple versions, Android has been plagued with a couple extremely serious bugs in its text messaging subsystem that can ultimately end up causing you to text the wrong contact -- even contacts that you've never texted before. There appear to be a few failure modes; the one we definitely experience on the Gingerbread-powered Nexus S involves being routed to the wrong thread when you tap it either in the Notifications list or the master thread list in the Messaging application, so if you don't notice, you'll end up firing a message to the **wrong person.** On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:53:53 -0500, Jackie DeNardo wrote: > Pardon us if... ....we lie through our teeth. Had to go back to almost a year ago for this FUD, eh flatline? Adios, five billionth and twenty-nine flatline nym. (Subject line corrected for relevance.) -- RonB Registered Linux User #498581 CentOS 5.7 or VectorLinux Deluxe 6.0 or Linux Mint 10 Jackie DeNardo wrote: > http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/31/android-still-has-horrible-text- messaging-bugs-thatll-get-you-f/ > > Android still has horrible text messagi...

Android "security"
<quote> The group provided an outline of the nasty stuff: Loozfon is an information-stealing piece of malware. Criminals use different variants to lure the victims. One version is a work-at-home opportunity that promises a profitable payday just for sending out email. *A link within these advertisements leads to a website that is designed to push Loozfon on the user's device.* The malicious application steals contact details from the user's address book and the infected device's phone number. FinFisher is a spyware capable of taking over the components of a mobile device. When installed the mobile device can be remotely controlled and monitored no matter where the Target is located. *FinFisher can be easily transmitted to a Smartphone when the user visits a specific web link or opens a text message masquerading as a system update.* </quote> http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/fbi-warns-loozfon-finfisher-mobile-malware-hitting-android-phones -- "Hey, Kook, does one need to be a gymnast, to recognize that someone is a complete klutz that can't even stand on the balance beam?" The clueless turdv and his pathetic attempt to claim that a complete non-programmer can judge source-code quality because a non-gymnast can recognize the obvious error that falling off a balance beam. Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 Message-ID: <roufg817il0s1pi9pq95a43rsgj7qa7mmq@4ax.com> On Thu, 7 Feb 201...

HDR mode is nice but Camera won't STAY in HDR mode (Android 4.3, T-Mobile, SIII)
I have the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.3 and all I want is to set the camera to *stay* in HDR mode. I can easily set it to go into HDR mode each time: 1. Open the default "Camera" app, 2. Press "Settings->Shooting Mode->HDR". But, when I close the Camera app and open it again, the app defaults to "Shooting Mode = Single Shot". How do I set the default Android 4.3 Camera app to simply *stay* in HDR shooting mode? On Wed, 07 May 2014 12:05:12 -0500, Liam O'Connor wrote: > ... How do I set the default Android 4.3 Came...

Getting Adobe Flash videos to run on Android 4.4
I had solved this one under 4.3 but since upgrade to 4.4 I'm back to "Your device does not support Flash". The DEVICE (latest Nexus 7 WiFi only) clearly CAN run them, since I've seen it do so many times, it's the SOFTWARE that won't. This is a stupid niggle, since many people post interesting video clips to Facebook that use Flash. I suspect many people will want to run Flash, so any ideas how to do this? Tim. On 04/12/2013 9:03 AM, - .. -- Tim .-. wrote: > I had solved this one under 4.3 but since upgrade to 4.4 I'm back to > "Yo...

Learn Android Mobile Apps Online Course | Android Mobile Application Development Online Training
Expert Android Mobile Apps online course & training with highly skilled fac= ulties at Ample Trainings. Android mobile application development is the pr= ocess by which new applications are created for the Android operating syste= m. To develop a Android application one should have knowledge on Java. Mobi= le application development is the process by which application software is = developed for Mobile phones during manufacturing, downloaded by customers f= rom various mobile software distribution platforms. Online Training Features 1. Interactive Learning sessions 2. Industry Savvy Trainers 3. Learn Right from Your Place 4. Customized Curriculum 5. Highly Affordable Courses 6. Support after Training 7.Job Placements =20 About Ample Trainings:=20 Ample Trainings is a world-wide Interactive Understanding company initiated= by proved industry experts with an aim to provide you with Excellent Train= ing in the modern IT Technologies.=20 Ample Trainings has developed a group of Experienced Trainers worldwide on = all the technologies to train the students. Ample Training is offering onli= ne Training services to Larger IT giants and to separate students worldwide= .. We also provide online training on SAP ABAP,SAP OOPS ABAP,SAP ABAP-BI,SAP X= I,SAP PI,SAP WEBDYNPRO,SAP BASIS,SAP CRM TECHNICAL,SAP GRC, SAP FICO,SAP SD= ,SAP WM,SAP PP,SAP MM,SAP SRM,SAP FSCM,SAP MDM,SAP APO, SAPIS RETAIL,SAP CR= M,S,SAP BI,SAP BO,SAP HANA,SAP ...

How to get selected text from a text edit control?
I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. I can get the current text by calling char buf[256]; Size textSize = 0; GetControlData(controlRef, kControlEditTextPart, kControlEditTextTextTag, 255, buf, &textSize); but how do I get only the text that is currently selected (highlighted)? thanks, Shai In article <1111086224.345185.78280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, shai@waves.com wrote: > I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. > I can get the current text by calling > > char buf[256]; > Size textSize = 0; ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Official Nexus 5 Android 4.4.3 update bricked my phone!
Official Nexus 5 Android 4.4.3 update bricked my phone! June 5, 2014 ... but only after an hour of no use, the phone would not turn on. Nothing was working. When I say nothing, I mean nothing. The phone would not boot-up plugged in, I could not access the "boot screen" or whatever it is called by holding down both volume buttons and the power at the same time. I even tried different combinations. I left the phone to charge for an hour and still nothing, but the charger is warming up. No actual indication of charging on the phone. * I have the same experience as you. *...

LOL
Official Nexus 5 Android 4.4.3 update bricked my phone! June 5, 2014 ... but only after an hour of no use, the phone would not turn on. Nothing was working. When I say nothing, I mean nothing. The phone would not boot-up plugged in, I could not access the "boot screen" or whatever it is called by holding down both volume buttons and the power at the same time. I even tried different combinations. I left the phone to charge for an hour and still nothing, but the charger is warming up. No actual indication of charging on the phone. * I have the same experience as you. *...

What is best text editor for Android?
What is best text editor for Android? Better with Monospace support. Even better - in French. -- Email afinland7974@gmail.com Skype afinland7974@outlook.com Dne 16.7.2014 13:59, afinla napsal(a): > What is best text editor for Android? Only you can say it, if it is for you. Others just can give you tips, with high probability the one you would choose is among them. > Better with Monospace support. > Even better - in French. For plain text, I use - but not much often - 920 Text editor Jota text editor. but I cannot tell I think they are best, I...

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter.net>... > Peter Flynn had an example like that, which he either posted here or > posted a link here. It was something to do with a certificate -- try > searching for his name and that word in google. > > It wouldn't be hard to do with metapost. I have a macro called `pathalong' > which puts text along an arbitrary path. Well, it's been a while, but I finally finished it. It's a little job I was doing for an upcoming wedding. At any rate, I used pstricks to make the text go along a path, along with a couple of hacks for sizing (from graphicx) and kerning along the line (from soul). Here's the code (don't laugh): CAUTION:THIS CODE MAY MAKE YOU WRETCH ---SNIP--- \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{pstricks,pst-text,nopageno} \usepackage[width=8.5in]{geometry} \usepackage{soul} \begin{document} \thispagestyle{empty} \set...

Getting kind of abstract text snippets from text nodes
Hi everybody, I am about implementing a little search engine that searches a phrase over xml text nodes. I got that all working fine but what I want as the results is not the complete text of the textnode, I would like to make an abstract like result list (such output that you get with google searches. For eg .... I am the <b>substring</b> from a complete text node ... where "substring" is the search term. The problem is simple (I think): I want to extract all the text parts of the complete text node, where search searchterm is highlighted, surrounded by the text like 30 characters. I found an intersting post "cut down text" which is almost that what I am looking for, but there the text is just trimmed by x characters. Is anybody here, that has an "elegant" way to solve that or some hints that get me to the solution? I am not able to use regex (would be nice though) My parser is Sablotron so I am restricted to the functions that I get. (1.0). Any help is greatly appreciated. regards, Andreas W Wylach Think about dividing the text into three parts: before your target, the target itself, and after the target. Process each appropriately. If you want to report multiple instances within the same block of text, look at the standard examples of recursive text processing. -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry "Andreas W. Wylach" <aw@ioc...

text 2 text

Web resources about - How do I get Voice-to-Text back in my Android 4.3 for SMS texting? - comp.mobile.android

Translate Voicе PRO - voice to voice and text to voice translations for students and travelers on the ...
Get Translate Voicе PRO - voice to voice and text to voice translations for students and travelers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Dictionary.com App Updated With A New Design, Favorites, Voice-To-Text, And More
Both the ad-supported free and paid versions of the Dictionary.com app now feature voice searching, a new favorites section, the ability to ...

Apple's smart call waiting system automatically puts incoming calls on hold, supports voice to text
... clues to play back pre-defined "please hold" messages or translate voice mails into text.

Voice-To-Text Is Just As Dangerous As Regular Texting While Driving
SAN ANTONIO ( Reuters ) - Using voice to send text messages while driving is just as dangerous as texting with fingers, with driver response ...

Voice-to-text services seek a human touch
New twists on the use of human effort set YouMail and the brand-new VoiceCloud apart from competing voice-to-text services. Read this article ...

Voice-to-Text As Dangerous to Drivers as Texting
A driver's eye contact with the road decreases and response times are significantly delayed.

Voice-to-Text as Dangerous for Drivers as Type-to-Text - ABC News
A new study finds that texting while driving is dangerous, regardless of whether it's type-to-text or voice-to-text.

Voice-to-text just as dangerous to drivers as texting: Study
Using voice to send text messages while driving is just as dangerous as texting with fingers, with driver response times significantly delayed ...

Voice-To-Text No Safer Than Texting While Driving, Study Says
Texting while driving has been reported to be worse than driving drunk, leading phone and car manufacturers to devise voice-to-text as a safer ...

Voice to text News, Videos, Reviews and Gossip - Lifehacker
Dictate Your Customer Complaints to Your Phone to Say What You Mean. Dragon Mobile Assistant Updates with More Voice Controls and Support for ...