Launching App with Parameters

Hello,

I am using an old Android-Tabled with Android 4.1.2, I do not have much
experience.

My question:

Using Windows I am used to be able to create a Link on the Desktop which
allows to launch an application with parameters

Example:
C:\<pfad>\SBC_MicroBrowser.exe http://172.16.202.110/NR6_M.html

This link launches the Spidercontrol-Microbrowser-App
"SBC_MicroBrowser.exe" and prompts the application to show the
particular web page (Remote Maintenance application).

Is there something similar for Android (and iOS) - may be with aid of a
Launcher?

Best regards

Rainer
0
Rainer
12/19/2016 6:56:21 AM
comp.mobile.android 1779 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Rainer Bielefeld wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using an old Android-Tabled with Android 4.1.2, I do not have much
> experience.
>
> My question:
>
> Using Windows I am used to be able to create a Link on the Desktop which
> allows to launch an application with parameters
>
> Example:
> C:\<pfad>\SBC_MicroBrowser.exe http://172.16.202.110/NR6_M.html
>
> This link launches the Spidercontrol-Microbrowser-App
> "SBC_MicroBrowser.exe" and prompts the application to show the
> particular web page (Remote Maintenance application).
>
> Is there something similar for Android (and iOS) - may be with aid of a
> Launcher?

No. Android Apps work totally different and handle activities and
intentions and not "start an executable".

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de
Rainer Bielefeld wrote:

> Using Windows I am used to be able to create a Link on the Desktop
> Is there something similar for Android

 From within firefox (may work similarly for other browsers) navigate to
the page you want, then from overflow "..." menu, page, add to home screen.

0
Andy