Font and font size on iPad

Who can tell me how to do it on iPad or iPhone to write emails with
different fonts and generally larger?
On the Mac there is the option to choose font and size, but on the
iPad and iPhone can not find it.

Thanks anyway

DrZap

--
#4. La vita e' una tempesta, ma prenderla nel culo e' un lampo. (Beppe Gril=
lo)

http://www.drzap.it & http://www.facebook.com/people/Franco-DrZap/100002204=
128949
Oltre 75.200 battute e barzellette
Dr Zap (e-mail : v. sul sito)

---
Questa e-mail =C3=A8 stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast anti=
virus.

DrZap
4/3/2015 2:55:39 PM
comp.mobile.ipad 2567 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 4:55:40 PM UTC+2, DrZap wrote:
> Who can tell me how to do it on iPad or iPhone to write emails with
> different fonts and generally larger?=20
> On the Mac there is the option to choose font and size, but on the
> iPad and iPhone can not find it.=20

One option might be to use webmail (like gmail or outlook) in the
browser and then you might be able to increase the font size in the
browser settings (for instance in the mercury browser).

>=20
> Thanks anyway
>=20
>=20
> DrZap
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --
> #4. La vita e' una tempesta, ma prenderla nel culo e' un lampo. (Beppe Gr=
illo)
>=20
> http://www.drzap.it & http://www.facebook.com/people/Franco-DrZap/1000022=
04128949=20
> Oltre 75.200 battute e barzellette
> Dr Zap (e-mail : v. sul sito)
>=20
> ---
> Questa e-mail =E8 stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antiv=
irus.

sobriquet
4/3/2015 4:07:25 PM
In article <idathal5r204bta3gnq30j2a5mo2ds8dto@4ax.com>, DrZap < @>
wrote:

> Who can tell me how to do it on iPad or iPhone to write emails with
> different fonts and generally larger?
> On the Mac there is the option to choose font and size, but on the
> iPad and iPhone can not find it.

settings>general>text size, where there is a slider for font size,
which most apps will use.

also, settings>general>accessibility, where there is a toggle for
larger dynamic type (plus the slider), as well as bold and contrast
options.
0
nospam
4/3/2015 4:12:10 PM
nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <idathal5r204bta3gnq30j2a5mo2ds8dto@4ax.com>, DrZap < @>
> wrote:
>
>> Who can tell me how to do it on iPad or iPhone to write emails with
>> different fonts and generally larger?
>> On the Mac there is the option to choose font and size, but on the
>> iPad and iPhone can not find it.
>
> settings>general>text size, where there is a slider for font size,
> which most apps will use.
>
> also, settings>general>accessibility, where there is a toggle for
> larger dynamic type (plus the slider), as well as bold and contrast
> options.

Or stretch with your fingers if it’s just to read yourself 8-)
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
0
  DrZap <vedi@mio_sito.it> wrote:
> Who can tell me how to do it on iPad or iPhone to write emails with
> different fonts and generally larger?

I could, but I won't since I find such email to be an abomination unto
Nuggin.

> On the Mac there is the option to choose font and size, but on the
> iPad and iPhone can not find it.

That is because no one wants your fonts or larger text and Apple
intentionally makes it difficult to send stupidly formatted mail.

--
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
0
  nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <idathal5r204bta3gnq30j2a5mo2ds8dto@4ax.com>, DrZap < @>
> wrote:

>> Who can tell me how to do it on iPad or iPhone to write emails with
>> different fonts and generally larger?
>> On the Mac there is the option to choose font and size, but on the
>> iPad and iPhone can not find it.

>settings>general>text size, where there is a slider for font size,
> which most apps will use.

> also, settings>general>accessibility, where there is a toggle for
> larger dynamic type (plus the slider), as well as bold and contrast
> options.

He wants to WRITE stupid emails with giant fonts.

--
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but
they've always worked for me." — Hunter Thompson
 Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:

> Or stretch with your fingers if it’s just to read yourself 8-)

Often this has the really bad disadvantage of forcing a whole lot more
finger movements to scroll around because the text does not wrap. I
find it to be one of the most annoying things about using the iPad, it
happens in many apps.

In some browsers, like at least the Safari and Firefox that work on
Snow Leopard, there is an option in the view menu to enlarge text only
when bigger is wanted, this zoom option gets text wrapped. All of
which is wonderful and convenient for *reading*. Be nice if the iPad
could be constructed to institute such a convenience in its browser
and email system.

It might just be very hard to do in ios and that is the reason?

If anyone is puzzled about the distinction I refer to, I have some
more words on it under the sub heading Zooming at

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/differentEyesights/textSpill.html>

--
dorayme
0

iPad Font Size
I have recently purchase an iPad and would like to increase the font size without resorting to zoom. I am sight impaired and am unable to use the iPad without using a mag glass. Thank you. In article <1jo8r2x.1gl9veq1fzirnkN%stanrob@internode.on.net>, Stan Robinson <stanrob@internode.on.net> wrote: > I have recently purchase an iPad and would like to increase the font > size without resorting to zoom. > > I am sight impaired and am unable to use the iPad without using a mag > glass. settings->general->accessibility->zoom 3 finger dou...

Adjusting font-size for system font-size
In Windows XP, there's an accessability wizard that allows the user to change the font size for readability. There's probably something similar in other operating systems. I think it would be a nice thing to do for any users with large system font sizes to detect that and offer up an alternative stylesheet. I don't know how to approach this, though, and I'm sure it involves more than CSS. Is it possible to detect this setting? Ian -- http://www.bookstacks.org/ On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:53:45 GMT, Ian <blank@blank.com> wrote: >I think it would be a nice th...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

Emerald fonts
Hi there, I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of me how to resize the font. I'm using this in the context of: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{emerald} \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont Here's the body of my text {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} Body text continues... \end{document} I wish to use cmss as my default font and Augie enclosed in a group only for short notes. ...

change matlab workspace font size and editor font size
dear all I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do I do it? Thanks in advance, Thanks I have the suggestion in another question posted earlier. "langtran" <lang.tran@iom-world.org> wrote in message news:7795881.1207239680638.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > dear all > I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do > I do it? > Thanks in advance, Open the Preference window using the Preferences menu item on the File menu. There is a Fonts item in the Preferences that will let ...

Figures captions font size bigger than font size used in document
Hi, I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it is possible - ???) how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size "footnotesize" Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, \floatingfigure \includegraphics \epsfig \minipage the web was searched and some books consulted with out success Best Regards On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 0...

font size relative to "top level" font size

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the grap...

Change font and font size in .vimrc ?
Hi all, How to change font and font size in .vimrc ? Thanks! Davy In article <1155195867.503512.252150@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>, "Davy" <zhushenli@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > How to change font and font size in .vimrc ? > > Thanks! > Davy :help guifont :set guifont=* :set guifont=a\ font\ name\ 14 Bob Harris ...

Fonts Available and Font Sizes In Wine
I have found the part of the config file for selecting the fonts and specifying the font size. I don't like the default font (very hard for me to read) and would like to change it. But I don't know what else is available and how to specify it in the config file. Any suggestions or pointers? Also, the size is on the small side. I have changed the resolution statement in the config file to 130 but it does not seem to make any difference. Again any suggestions or pointers? Thank you. treetoptoo wrote: > I have found the part of the config file for selecting the font...

How to display a font name and font sizes
Hi folks, I'd like to print name font (and any sizes) in colophon. We've tried for instance \the\font and \the\familydefault and \f@family and many others but its output is weird number (ie "Arial(0)", SIL(0)". Here is our example: \documentclass[showtrims,a4paper,13pt]{memoir} \usepackage[brazilian]{babel} \usepackage{microtype} % XeLaTeX \usepackage{fontspec,xltxtra,xunicode} \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text} \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Arial} \setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase,Mapping=tex-text]{Charis SIL} \setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Charis SIL} \...

Urgent problem with font sizes in latex: signature page fonts, chapter page chapter name font
Hi there, I am a newbie using Latex for writing my thesis. I have no clue how to change the .sty or .cls files as I am using others templates, (.sty files) directly on Winedt and editing them with my text. I use a document class: report.The chapter font size in the beginning page of each chapter has a large font size. Is there a way I can reduce this font size to12? Also in the table of contents page the dots dont extend to the page numbers for the chapters and main headings. Only subsections etc., have dots extending to page numbers. Any help on this? The Signature page shows up font sizes...

correct "sizing" of Helvetica font, relative to various times-new-roman fonts, to have both fonts have the same x-height
Greetings! I hope the following isn't an faq (at least, it doesn't seem to be in the UK TUG FAQ). Basically, my question comes up because I'm involved in a project that requires the use of "Times New Roman" (hereafter, TNR) as the main text font and "Helvetica" as the sans-serif font. I use both TexLive 2010 and MikTeX 2.9 on PCs and TexLive/MacTeX 2010 on an iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.5. As is well known, Helvetica and TNR differ considerably in their x- heights (for a given font size of, say, 10pt or 12pt). In various packages. (The letters u,...

wxHTML font size: How to make small fonts
Hi all, If I use <FONT SIZE=-2> with wxHtmlWindow, I get smaller fonts than default ones. Fonts are still too large. How can I make then even smaller? Rgds, Mikko --Boundary-02=_eqYeAgvseF6AOep Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Mikko wrote: > If I use <FONT SIZE=3D-2> with wxHtmlWindow, I get smaller fonts than > default ones. Fonts are still too large. How can I make then even > smaller? wxHtmlWindow::SetFonts(). VS =2D-=20 PGP key: 0x465264C9,...