Giving Old iPad Away

I have backed up my wifi iPad but not "restored" it. I have synced that
backup with my new 3G iPad and all is working fine. I've also transferred my
iTunes backup to a new computer. Now I want to "restore" my wifi iPad (wipe
off all the apps) so I can give it to my son. Will I have a problem if I
plug the wifi iPad into my old computer, open iTunes, and choose "restore",
or is there something else I should do first? The registration for the wifi
iPad is no longer on the iTunes on the old computer.

0
JanG
7/7/2011 10:56:48 PM
comp.mobile.ipad 2567 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <HOudnYiwsokspIvTnZ2dnUVZ5sSdnZ2d@giganews.com>, JanG
<jangro@pacbell.net> wrote:

> I have backed up my wifi iPad but not "restored" it. I have synced that
> backup with my new 3G iPad and all is working fine. I've also transferred my
> iTunes backup to a new computer. Now I want to "restore" my wifi iPad (wipe
> off all the apps) so I can give it to my son. Will I have a problem if I
> plug the wifi iPad into my old computer, open iTunes, and choose "restore",
> or is there something else I should do first? The registration for the wifi
> iPad is no longer on the iTunes on the old computer.

restore it to a stock firmware to completely clear it, or just sync it
with your son's computer and it will wipe whatever is on it.
0
nospam
7/7/2011 11:05:30 PM
On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:56:48 -0700, "JanG" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote:

>I have backed up my wifi iPad but not "restored" it. I have synced that
>backup with my new 3G iPad and all is working fine. I've also transferred my
>iTunes backup to a new computer. Now I want to "restore" my wifi iPad (wipe
>off all the apps) so I can give it to my son. Will I have a problem if I
>plug the wifi iPad into my old computer, open iTunes, and choose "restore",
>or is there something else I should do first? The registration for the wifi
>iPad is no longer on the iTunes on the old computer.

I just did this on a Ipod Touch which I am giving to a granddaughter.
It appears to be the same on the iPad. Hit the 'Settings' icon, then
General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. On my Touch that
brought it back to where it was when I bought it, that is, it needs
iTunes to set it up from scratch. I imagine it will work the same way
on the iPad but you will forgive me if I don't test it... ;)
0
AJL
7/7/2011 11:38:45 PM

> I just did this on a Ipod Touch which I am giving to a granddaughter.
> It appears to be the same on the iPad. Hit the 'Settings' icon, then
> General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. On my Touch that
> brought it back to where it was when I bought it, that is, it needs
> iTunes to set it up from scratch. I imagine it will work the same way
> on the iPad but you will forgive me if I don't test it... ;)

Yes it works the same way with the ipad.
0
thewiz
7/9/2011 7:42:30 PM
thewiz <jwelles339@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> I just did this on a Ipod Touch which I am giving to a granddaughter.
>> It appears to be the same on the iPad. Hit the 'Settings' icon, then
>> General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. On my Touch that
>> brought it back to where it was when I bought it, that is, it needs
>> iTunes to set it up from scratch. I imagine it will work the same way
>> on the iPad but you will forgive me if I don't test it... ;)
>>

> Yes it works the same way with the ipad.

Thanks everyone. I did the restore through iTunes thinking that would also
make sure the software was up to date. The iPad is now en route to my son
in Seattle...and he can't wait for it to arrive!

--
JanG
0
On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:15:40 -0500, Jan <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote:

>thewiz <jwelles339@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just did this on a Ipod Touch which I am giving to a granddaughter.
>>> It appears to be the same on the iPad. Hit the 'Settings' icon, then
>>> General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. On my Touch that
>>> brought it back to where it was when I bought it, that is, it needs
>>> iTunes to set it up from scratch. I imagine it will work the same way
>>> on the iPad but you will forgive me if I don't test it... ;)
>>>

>> Yes it works the same way with the ipad.
>
>Thanks everyone. I did the restore through iTunes thinking that would also
>make sure the software was up to date. The iPad is now en route to my son
>in Seattle...and he can't wait for it to arrive!

Great. More than one way to skin a cat. My main worry was to
completely disconnect the iPod from my Apple account before giving it
away. I was afraid that otherwise my granddaughter might enjoy the
iPod just a little bit more than I intended... ;)
0
AJL

Old iPad problems resurface in new iPad 2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CBE0D1.04A5EA00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Bad enough that they have a myriad of problems =E2=80=93 but to have an = old iPad 1 problem on the new iPad 2 is mind boggling. What ever happened to =E2=80=9Cjust works=E2=80=9D? The Freaks = don=E2=80=99t even say that one any longer. Lets hear more excuses. http://www.tekgoblin.com/2010/12/03/problem-with-a-retina-display-being-o= n-the-ipad-2g/ Second-generation products tend t...

Give it away, give it away, give it away, now...
Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. Seriously though... It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants to rescue it. -- Martin Thanks for the morning laugh. If I lived in London and had a flatbed van...no, wait, doesn't it cost eight po...

iPhone4,iPhone3,Ipad,Apple Mobile,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile
Welcome to our shop www.aoatrade.com. We are professional doing the electronice products business.Our main products have Ipad,Apple Mobile,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile,Sharp Mobile,Sony Ericsson Mobile,Canon Camera,Casio Camera,Fujifilm Cameras,Nikon Camera,Olympus Camera,Pentax Cameras,Ricoh Cameras,Samsung Cameras,Sony Cameras,Panasonic Cameras,etc If you are interested in the products, please feel free to contact with us. Email: aoatradesales@gmail.com Website: Http://www.aoatrade.com Apple Iphone: http://www.aoatrade.com/category.php?id...

wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile
wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile Welcome to our shop www.aoatrade.com. We are professional doing the electronice products business.Our main products have wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile,Sharp Mobile,Sony Ericsson Mobile,etc If you are interested in the products, please feel free to contact with us. Email: aoatradesales@gmail.com Msn: aoatradesales@hotmail.com Skype: aoatradesales Website: Http://www.aoatrade.com Apple Iphone: http://www.aoa...

wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile,Sharp Mobile,Sony Ericsson Mobile,etc
Welcome to our shop www.aoatrade.com. We are professional doing the electronice products business.Our main products have wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile,Sharp Mobile,Sony Ericsson Mobile,etc If you are interested in the products, please feel free to contact with us. Email: aoatradesales@gmail.com Msn: aoatradesales@hotmail.com Skype: aoatradesales Website: Http://www.aoatrade.com Apple Iphone: http://www.aoatrade.com/category.php?id=1 Nokia Mobiles: http://www.aoatrade.com/category.php?id=2 Blackberry Mobiles: http:/...

wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile #4
wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile Welcome to our shop www.aoatrade.com. We are professional doing the electronice products business.Our main products have wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile,Sharp Mobile,Sony Ericsson Mobile,etc If you are interested in the products, please feel free to contact with us. Email: aoatradesales@gmail.com Msn: aoatradesales@hotmail.com Skype: aoatradesales Website: Http://www.aoatrade.com Apple Iphone: http://www.ao...

wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile #3
wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile Welcome to our shop www.aoatrade.com. We are professional doing the electronice products business.Our main products have wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile,Sharp Mobile,Sony Ericsson Mobile,etc If you are interested in the products, please feel free to contact with us. Email: aoatradesales@gmail.com Msn: aoatradesales@hotmail.com Skype: aoatradesales Website: Http://www.aoatrade.com Apple Iphone: http://www.aoa...

wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile #2
wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile Welcome to our shop www.aoatrade.com. We are professional doing the electronice products business.Our main products have wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile,Sharp Mobile,Sony Ericsson Mobile,etc If you are interested in the products, please feel free to contact with us. Email: aoatradesales@gmail.com Msn: aoatradesales@hotmail.com Skype: aoatradesales Website: Http://www.aoatrade.com Apple Iphone: http://www.aoa...

will a new iPad be able to download apps that have been purchased by the old iPad?
Out of interest if my current iPad is stolen or if I upgrade to another iPad then will I be able to download the apps that I had brought with my old iPad and not have to pay for them again. How does the new iPad get recognised as belonging to the customer that has brought apps in the past? -- Regards Brian On 12/04/2014 08:47, Brian wrote: > Out of interest if my current iPad is stolen or if I upgrade to another > iPad then will I be able to download the apps that I had brought with my > old iPad and not have to pay for them again. How does the new iPad get > recognis...

wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile
wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile Welcome to our shop www.aoatrade.com. We are professional doing the electronice products business.Our main products have wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile,Sharp Mobile,Sony Ericsson Mobile,etc If you are interested in the products, please feel free to contact with us. Email: aoatradesales@gmail.com Msn: aoatradesales@hotmail.com Skype: aoatradesales Website: Http://www.aoatrade.com Apple Iphone: http://www.aoatrade.com/categ...

best buy giving away ipads cheap
there must be a slew of them in the pipe they can't dump them fast enough. this is good news for the endeared cheap ipads every family member can have two. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/03/bestbuy-ipad-idUSWEN008BE20130403?type=companyNews&feedType=RSS&feedName=companyNews&rpc=43 Retailer Best Buy Co is offering a 30 percent discount on its current stock of Apple iPad 3 tablets, a spokeswoman for the world's largest consumer electronics chain said on Wednesday. On Apr 4, 1:28=A0am, "Alpac" <alpa...@aol.com> wrote: > there must...

iPad 2 owners: buy an iPad 3 or keep your iPad 2?
iPad 2 owners: buy an iPad 3 or keep your iPad 2? How long will you keep using your iPad 2? I somehow wished to have an iPad 3 mainly because I really wanted to have the Ratina display...,but changing the iPad yearly doesn't make sense...it's too expensive to do this and it's a quality product which can be used several years or at least as long it's supported by Apple. IT products are too quick out of date. What are your thoughts on it? "Michael Schudel" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:1199379239353055155.117256invalid-invalid.in...

Upgrading my iPad & giving my old one to my grandson
I just bought a New iPad, and will give my old iPad 1 to my grandson. I would have paid more money to get something that can hold all my iTunes and some movies, but it's still limited to the same 64GB size as my iPad 1. I remember buying a game that wouldn't run my old iPad. I unchecked it. Is there any trick to finding which game that was? I have lots of games unchecked for space reasons. A month ago I copied my iTunes library to my grandson's brother's new Windows laptop, and told his iTunes my authorization password. So he should be able to synchronize th...

Please throw away your old computers and buy a PC/Mac or iPad!
Hi, I'm ForeverRent from Texas and I hate rubbish like the C64 or the English doorstopper Sinclair Spectrum. Why don't you throw away that old crap and buy a PC, Mac or iPad? Only idiots are using 30yo old computers in 2012! Old computers should be used for recycling for making even more PCs, Macs and iPads! -F.R. * ForeverRent: [ lame trolling attempt ] The annual flamewar used to be so much better. -- Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org ForeverRent wrote: > Hi, Bye. On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:25:14 +0000 (UTC), Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org> wrote: >* Fore...

Web resources about - Giving Old iPad Away - comp.mobile.ipad

Frontrunner Trump to skip next Republican debate
White House hopeful Donald Trump will not participate in Thursday's Republican debate, bowing out of a nationally televised showdown just four ...

Microsoft launches News Pro to bring ‘hyper-relevant news for your work’
Just as Apple is reported to soon add subscriber-only content to its News app , Microsoft has come out with a new news app called News Pro . ...

First Zika virus case confirmed in LA County
Los Angeles Times First Zika virus case confirmed in LA County Los Angeles Times A health worker shows larvae of the Aedes aegypti mosquitoes ...

Leader of Oregon occupation arrested, one dead after confrontation with authorities
The leader of an armed occupation at a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon was arrested on Tuesday during a confrontation in which one person was ...

Uber Installs Toy In Back Seat Of Cars To Keep Drunk Passengers Occupied
Uber has certainly changed the way getting around works – by making things more efficient, and at the same time, give cabbies a run for their ...

Queen Cersei from ‘Game of Thrones’ reads insults from ‘The Bachelor’
On Jimmy Kimmel Live last night, Lena Headey, who you might more readily know as Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones , participated in a pretty ...

Sony is moving its PlayStation base to California
Sony plans to shift its global headquarters for PlayStation from Tokyo to California this year, it said Tuesday. Consumers outside Japan are ...

FaceIt esports community raises $15 million to go global
Esports is a growing market, and it isn’t only about the top 1 percent of players in the world that show up for the tournaments you see on Twitch. ...

Abe Vigoda, 'Godfather' star, dies at 94
Abe Vigoda, the sad-faced star of Francis Ford Coppola's classic film "The Godfather," died Tuesday at 94, his manager told AFP. The actor died ...

Here are all the Twitter execs who have left during the comeback effort
Twitter is a company in a seemingly never-ending state of turmoil and change. In the past six years alone, Twitter has had three CEOs, six heads ...