Looking for an e-mail app that can send e-mail in html format

A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there
any e-mail apps that can do this?

--
Regards Brian
0

In article <1146085981391782115.254092bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>,
 Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

> A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there
> any e-mail apps that can do this?

Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so.  Keep sending
mail in plain ASCII.

--
All usenet users are quirky, but some are more quirky than others.
0
Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
> In article <1146085981391782115.254092bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>,
>  Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there
>> any e-mail apps that can do this?
>
> Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so.  Keep sending
> mail in plain ASCII.

I wish the one that came with the iPad would send in html (can't see any
options to turn this on)
My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
Outlook.

--
Regards Brian
0
 Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

> >> A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there
> >> any e-mail apps that can do this?
> >
> > Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so.  Keep sending
> > mail in plain ASCII.
>
> I wish the one that came with the iPad would send in html (can't see any
> options to turn this on)

Actually, mail in the iPad does send formatted mail.  Make part of the
message bold, italic, or underline to ensure that it does.

> My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
> when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
> Outlook.

That's because he doesn't know what he's doing.  He should learn how to use
his own software.

--
All usenet users are quirky, but some are more quirky than others.
0
Michelle
6/1/2013 3:47:07 PM
In article <michelle-3BEEE2.08470701062013@news.eternal-september.org>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

> > My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
> > when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
> > Outlook.
>
> That's because he doesn't know what he's doing.  He should learn how to use
> his own software.

and use something other than outlook.
0
nospam
6/1/2013 4:10:56 PM
In message <2048175530391787763.778263bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>
  Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
> Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
>> In article <1146085981391782115.254092bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>,
>>  Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>>> A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there
>>> any e-mail apps that can do this?
>>
>> Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so.  Keep sending
>> mail in plain ASCII.

> I wish the one that came with the iPad would send in html (can't see any
> options to turn this on)
> My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
> when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
> Outlook.

Your friend is an idiot.

--
I WON'T NOT USE NO DOUBLE NEGATIVES Bart chalkboard Ep. BABF02
0
Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
> Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
>> In article <1146085981391782115.254092bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>,
>>  Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>>> A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there
>>> any e-mail apps that can do this?
>>
>> Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so.  Keep sending
>> mail in plain ASCII.
>
> I wish the one that came with the iPad would send in html (can't see any
> options to turn this on)
> My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
> when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
> Outlook.

That's probably his problem 8-)

I can't add a foto to an e- mail on my iPad, but I can e-mail a foto from
the iPad and add a text to that.  Adding a foto in Mail on my computer
certainly doesn't require html.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
0
 Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:

> I can't add a foto to an e- mail on my iPad,

Sure you can.

With iOS 6, press and hold your finger where you want to insert the photo.
A popup menu bar appears; one of the items in it is "Insert Photo or Video".

With earlier versions, leave mail and open the photos app; find the photo
you want and copy it.  Return to mail and paste the photo.

-- Michelle

--
All usenet users are quirky, but some are more quirky than others.
0
Michelle
6/1/2013 9:41:33 PM
 Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

> A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format

How come?

JR
0
Jolly
6/2/2013 1:42:01 AM
 Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

> Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
> > In article <1146085981391782115.254092bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>,
> >  Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> >> A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there
> >> any e-mail apps that can do this?
> >
> > Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so.  Keep sending
> > mail in plain ASCII.
>
> I wish the one that came with the iPad would send in html (can't see any
> options to turn this on)
> My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
> when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
> Outlook.

He's wrong.

JR
0
Jolly
6/2/2013 1:42:30 AM
Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> In article
> <2048175530391787763.778263bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>,
>  Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

>>> Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so.  Keep sending
>>> mail in plain ASCII.
>>
>> I wish the one that came with the iPad would send in html (can't see any
>> options to turn this on)
>> My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
>> when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
>> Outlook.
>
> He's wrong.

I don't know whats going on but I replied to his e-mail that he send (which
contained plain text) and he replied with. Thank you for sending it i html.
I used the e-mail program that came with the iPad to reply to him. Maybe
because I received the e-mail in html then it stays in this format when I
send it.

I like he idea of adding bold or some other format to text to change the
e-mail to hrml format before sending it.

--
Regards Brian
0
  Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:
> Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
>> Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

>>> Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so.  Keep sending
>>> mail in plain ASCII.
>>
>> I wish the one that came with the iPad would send in html (can't see any
>> options to turn this on)
>> My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
>> when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
>> Outlook.

> That's probably his problem 8-)

> I can't add a foto to an e- mail on my iPad,

Yes you can.

Double tap in the email, not on a word, and choose "insert photo or
video" from the pop-up menu. but I can e-mail a foto from

--
The Auditors avoided death by never going so far as to get a life --The
Thief of Time
On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 06:38:40 -0700, Michelle Steiner wrote:

> In article
> <1146085981391782115.254092bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>,
>  Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are
>> there any e-mail apps that can do this?
>
> Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so.  Keep
> sending mail in plain ASCII.

I agree. HTML is just impolite.

--
Neil
Reverse ‘a’ and ‘r’
On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 14:01:44 +0000, Brian wrote:

> Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
>> In article
>> <1146085981391782115.254092bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>,
>>  Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>>> A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are
>>> there any e-mail apps that can do this?
>>
>> Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so.  Keep
>> sending mail in plain ASCII.
>
> I wish the one that came with the iPad would send in html (can't see any
> options to turn this on)
> My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
> when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses
> Microsoft's Outlook.

Tell him to use a proper email client.

--
Neil
Reverse ‘a’ and ‘r’
 Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

> > I can't add a foto to an e- mail on my iPad,
>
> Yes you can.
>
> Double tap in the email, not on a word, and choose "insert photo or
> video" from the pop-up menu.

Only with iOS 6 (or later).

BTW, thanks for the double-tap hint; I was pressing and holding to get that
popup.

--
All usenet users are quirky, but some are more quirky than others.
0
Michelle
6/2/2013 1:35:12 PM
In article
<479059936391840473.530413bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>,
 Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <2048175530391787763.778263bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>,
> >  Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

> >> I wish the one that came with the iPad would send in html (can't see any
> >> options to turn this on)
> >> My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
> >> when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
> >> Outlook.
> >
> > He's wrong.
>
> I don't know whats going on but I replied to his e-mail that he send (which
> contained plain text) and he replied with. Thank you for sending it i html.

He's confused.

> I used the e-mail program that came with the iPad to reply to him. Maybe
> because I received the e-mail in html then it stays in this format when I
> send it.

That is a setting in the desktop Mail application. I haven't ever cared
enough to bother to find out if such a setting exists in iOS.

> I like he idea of adding bold or some other format to text to change the
> e-mail to hrml format before sending it.

Then do so. *shrug*

JR
0
Jolly
6/2/2013 9:34:44 PM
In the last episode of
<bclark@es.co.nz> said:

>My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
>when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
>Outlook.

He should probably learn how to operate Outlook before he embarrasses
himself further.

In the Ribbon, click on "Format Text" and then HTML.

--
The nice thing about standards, there is enough for everyone to have their own.
0
Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
> In message <kodn1a$bgo$1@dont-email.me>
>   Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:
>> Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

>>> I wish the one that came with the iPad would send in html (can't see any
>>> options to turn this on)
>>> My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
>>> when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
>>> Outlook.
>
>> That's probably his problem 8-)
>
>> I can't add a foto to an e- mail on my iPad,
>
> Yes you can.
>
> Double tap in the email, not on a word, and choose "insert photo or
> video" from the pop-up menu. but I can e-mail a foto from

Again, that's for new iPads.  I can add text to a foto before emailing it,
however.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
0
Erilar
6/4/2013 12:33:13 PM
Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
> In article <kodn1a$bgo$1@dont-email.me>,
>  Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:
>
>> I can't add a foto to an e- mail on my iPad,
>
> Sure you can.
>
> With iOS 6, press and hold your finger where you want to insert the photo.
> A popup menu bar appears; one of the items in it is "Insert Photo or Video".
>
> With earlier versions, leave mail and open the photos app; find the photo
> you want and copy it.  Return to mail and paste the photo.
>
> -- Michelle

iOS6 is for those new-fangled iPads with cameras.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
0
Erilar
6/4/2013 12:33:14 PM
In article <kokmq9$j80$1@dont-email.me>,
 Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:

> Again, that's for new iPads.  I can add text to a foto before emailing it,
> however.

Once again, you can leave mail, saving the draft, open the photo app, copy
the picture, leave the photo app, reopen mail, and paste the photo into the
message.

--
All usenet users are quirky, but some are more quirky than others.
0
Michelle
6/4/2013 1:17:30 PM
In message <kokmq9$j80$1@dont-email.me>
  Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:
> Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
>> In message <kodn1a$bgo$1@dont-email.me>
>>   Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:

>>> That's probably his problem 8-)
>>
>>> I can't add a foto to an e- mail on my iPad,
>>
>> Yes you can.
>>
>> Double tap in the email, not on a word, and choose "insert photo or
>> video" from the pop-up menu. but I can e-mail a foto from

> Again, that's for new iPads.

FSVO of "new" which includes the iPad 2, the 'new' iPad, and the current
4th Gen iPad. That is to say, the vast majority of iPads in existence.

--
"You're an elf and you're going to wear panties like an elf."
0
Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
> In message <kokmq9$j80$1@dont-email.me>
>   Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:
>> Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>>> Yes you can.
>>>
>>> Double tap in the email, not on a word, and choose "insert photo or
>>> video" from the pop-up menu. but I can e-mail a foto from
>
>> Again, that's for new iPads.
>
> FSVO of "new" which includes the iPad 2, the 'new' iPad, and the current
> 4th Gen iPad. That is to say, the vast majority of iPads in existence.

They're all new compared to my original 8-)

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
0
Erilar
6/5/2013 12:49:50 AM
Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
> In article <kokmq9$j80$1@dont-email.me>,
>  Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:
>
>> Again, that's for new iPads.  I can add text to a foto before emailing it,
>> however.
>
> Once again, you can leave mail, saving the draft, open the photo app, copy
> the picture, leave the photo app, reopen mail, and paste the photo into the
> message.

MUCH simpler to just email foto with message added.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
0
Erilar
6/5/2013 12:49:51 AM
Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
> In message <kokmq9$j80$1@dont-email.me>
>   Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:
>> Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>>> Yes you can.
>>>
>>> Double tap in the email, not on a word, and choose "insert photo or
>>> video" from the pop-up menu. but I can e-mail a foto from
>
>> Again, that's for new iPads.
>
> FSVO of "new" which includes the iPad 2, the 'new' iPad, and the current
> 4th Gen iPad. That is to say, the vast majority of iPads in existence.

I own a iPad 2 and it works if I double tap on the message body part of the
e-mail. You can insert a video or picture or paste something.

--
Regards Brian
0
Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
> Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
>> In message <kokmq9$j80$1@dont-email.me>
>>   Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:

>>> Again, that's for new iPads.
>>
>> FSVO of "new" which includes the iPad 2, the 'new' iPad, and the current
>> 4th Gen iPad. That is to say, the vast majority of iPads in existence.
>
> I own a iPad 2 and it works if I double tap on the message body part of the
> e-mail. You can insert a video or picture or paste something.

Am I the only one who hangs out here who's still using the iPad with no
numbers, no camera, and no uplink of its own?

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
0
Erilar
6/5/2013 4:01:00 PM
In article <konnbs$kbh$1@dont-email.me>, Erilar
<drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:

> >> FSVO of "new" which includes the iPad 2, the 'new' iPad, and the current
> >> 4th Gen iPad. That is to say, the vast majority of iPads in existence.
> >
> > I own a iPad 2 and it works if I double tap on the message body part of the
> > e-mail. You can insert a video or picture or paste something.
>
> Am I the only one who hangs out here who's still using the iPad with no
> numbers, no camera, and no uplink of its own?

all ipads can use numbers and have an uplink (via wifi).

only the camera is missing on the first ipad, and not everyone who has
a later ipad uses the camera anyway.
0
nospam
6/5/2013 4:51:46 PM
In article <konnbs$kbh$1@dont-email.me>, Erilar
<drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:

> Am I the only one who hangs out here who's still using the iPad with no
> numbers, no camera, and no uplink of its own?

Nope. I have an original iPad. I don't use it enough to justify
replacing it, as long as it still works. I think the IMDB app gets most
of the CPU cycles.

--
Jim Gibson
0
nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> I own a iPad 2 and it works if I double tap on the message body part of the
>>> e-mail. You can insert a video or picture or paste something.
>>
>> Am I the only one who hangs out here who's still using the iPad with no
>> numbers, no camera, and no uplink of its own?
>
> all ipads can use numbers and have an uplink (via wifi).
>
> only the camera is missing on the first ipad, and not everyone who has
> a later ipad uses the camera anyway.

8-) numbers on the keyboard, yes. I was referring to things like iPad2,
etc., of course.  And by "uplink" to 3g  or 4 or whatever it is you pay
through the nose to use.
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
0
Erilar
6/6/2013 3:05:48 AM
In the last episode of <koouac$een$1@dont-email.me>, Erilar
<drache@chibardun.netinvalid> said:

>nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> Am I the only one who hangs out here who's still using the iPad with no
>>> numbers, no camera, and no uplink of its own?
>>
>> all ipads can use numbers and have an uplink (via wifi).
>>
>> only the camera is missing on the first ipad, and not everyone who has
>> a later ipad uses the camera anyway.
>
>8-) numbers on the keyboard, yes. I was referring to things like iPad2,
>etc., of course.  And by "uplink" to 3g  or 4 or whatever it is you pay
>through the nose to use.

If you pay through the nose, you're doing it wrong.

--
The nice thing about standards, there is enough for everyone to have their own.
0
DevilsPGD
6/6/2013 3:36:13 AM
In article <koouac$een$1@dont-email.me>, Erilar
<drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:

> >> Am I the only one who hangs out here who's still using the iPad with no
> >> numbers, no camera, and no uplink of its own?
> >
> > all ipads can use numbers and have an uplink (via wifi).
> >
> > only the camera is missing on the first ipad, and not everyone who has
> > a later ipad uses the camera anyway.
>
> 8-) numbers on the keyboard, yes.

the original ipad has numbers on the keyboard.

> I was referring to things like iPad2,
> etc., of course.  And by "uplink" to 3g  or 4 or whatever it is you pay
> through the nose to use.

$15/mo is hardly noseworthy.
0
nospam
6/6/2013 3:46:03 AM
In message <050620131104568653%jimsgibson@gmail.com>
  Jim Gibson <jimsgibson@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <konnbs$kbh$1@dont-email.me>, Erilar
> <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote:

>> Am I the only one who hangs out here who's still using the iPad with no
>> numbers, no camera, and no uplink of its own?

> Nope. I have an original iPad. I don't use it enough to justify
> replacing it, as long as it still works. I think the IMDB app gets most
> of the CPU cycles.

Sure, people have them, but they are a very small minority, over 100
million iPads have been sold that are not the initial model.

--
The truth isn't easily pinned to a page. In the bathtub of history the
truth is harder to hold than soap, and much more difficult to find...
On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 23:46:03 -0400, nospam wrote:

>> > all ipads can use numbers and have an uplink (via wifi).
>> >
>> > only the camera is missing on the first ipad, and not everyone who
>> > has a later ipad uses the camera anyway.
>>
>> 8-) numbers on the keyboard, yes.
>
> the original ipad has numbers on the keyboard.
>
>> I was referring to things like iPad2,
>> etc., of course.  And by "uplink" to 3g  or 4 or whatever it is you pay
>> through the nose to use.
>
> $15/mo is hardly noseworthy.

It is if you are a pensioner.

--
Neil
Reverse ‘a’ and ‘r’
nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> I own a iPad 2 and it works if I double tap on the message body part of the
>>> e-mail. You can insert a video or picture or paste something.
>>
>> Am I the only one who hangs out here who's still using the iPad with no
>> numbers, no camera, and no uplink of its own?
>
> all ipads can use numbers and have an uplink (via wifi).
>
> only the camera is missing on the first ipad, and not everyone who has
> a later ipad uses the camera anyway.

Reminds me of my old iPod touch that does not have a camera. I have a
feeling that manufactures leave this items off then add it later so they
have a reason to tell you a newer model.

--
Regards Brian
0
 Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

> Reminds me of my old iPod touch that does not have a camera. I have a
> feeling that manufactures leave this items off then add it later so they
> have a reason to tell you a newer model.

The newest iPod Touch doesn't have a rear-facing camera, only a Facetime
camera on the front.  It's the low-end Touch and replaces the previous
model in the product line.

--
All usenet users are quirky, but some are more quirky than others.
0
Michelle
6/6/2013 1:19:48 PM
In article <HeKdnTyU79pa0y3MnZ2dnUVZ8mmdnZ2d@bt.com>,
 Neil Ellwood <cral.elllwood2@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> > $15/mo is hardly noseworthy.
>
> It is if you are a pensioner.

That depends on the size of the pension, doesn't it?

--
All usenet users are quirky, but some are more quirky than others.
0
Michelle
6/6/2013 1:20:19 PM
In article <HeKdnTyU79pa0y3MnZ2dnUVZ8mmdnZ2d@bt.com>, Neil Ellwood
<cral.elllwood2@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> >> I was referring to things like iPad2,
> >> etc., of course.  And by "uplink" to 3g  or 4 or whatever it is you pay
> >> through the nose to use.
> >
> > $15/mo is hardly noseworthy.
>
> It is if you are a pensioner.

then don't pay it.

3g/4g ipads do not require a monthly subscription. it's entirely
optional. there are no contracts. you can activate it whenever you need
it and deactivate it when you don't.

if you only use it one month out of the year then you would be paying
$15 for the year. one month it will be active and the other 11 months
it will be inactive.
0
nospam
6/6/2013 2:41:23 PM
On 2013-06-01 14:01:44 +0000, Brian said:

> Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
>> In article <1146085981391782115.254092bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>,
>> Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>>> A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there
>>> any e-mail apps that can do this?
>>
>> Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so.  Keep sending
>> mail in plain ASCII.
>
> I wish the one that came with the iPad would send in html (can't see any
> options to turn this on)
> My friend claims that he he can't add a picture in the body of the text
> when replying to my e-mail as it's not sent in html.  He uses Microsoft's
> Outlook.

Outlook is such a crap that even Microsoft dropped it in the latest
versions of Windows…

The work around would be for him to use Thunderbird instead, which will
correctly process his pictures.

Do not change iPad app, have the Windows guy change his ;^)

Alternatively, opening a Gmail account is very easy, and you can send
HTML from Safari.

--
Mitch Bujard
Fonts for Zaner-Bloser and Dnealian worksheets

0
Mitch
7/5/2013 11:26:48 PM
In the last episode of <51d75638$0$2274$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Mitch
Bujard <DontWantSpam-But_'Reply-to'_is_set@schoolfonts.com> said:

>Outlook is such a crap that even Microsoft dropped it in the latest
>versions of Windows�

They did? huh? Outlook has never been part of Windows, and it's still
part of the latest version of Office, just as it has been for many many
years.

--
The nice thing about standards, there is enough for everyone to have their own.
0
DevilsPGD
7/7/2013 4:39:51 AM
DevilsPGD <boogabooga@crazyhat.net> wrote:
> In the last episode of <51d75638$0$2274$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Mitch
> Bujard <DontWantSpam-But_'Reply-to'_is_set@schoolfonts.com> said:
>
>> Outlook is such a crap that even Microsoft dropped it in the latest
>> versions of Windows…
>
> They did? huh? Outlook has never been part of Windows, and it's still
> part of the latest version of Office, just as it has been for many many
> years.

Outlook Express use to come with the Windows operating system.

--
Regards Brian
0
 Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

> >> Outlook is such a crap that even Microsoft dropped it in the latest
> >> versions of Windows�
> >
> > They did? huh? Outlook has never been part of Windows, and it's still
> > part of the latest version of Office, just as it has been for many
> > many years.
>
> Outlook Express use to come with the Windows operating system.

Outlook and Outlook Express are not the same thing.

--
All usenet users are quirky, but some are more quirky than others.
0
Michelle
7/7/2013 5:28:10 AM
DevilsPGD <boogabooga@crazyhat.net> wrote:
> In the last episode of <51d75638$0$2274$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Mitch
> Bujard <DontWantSpam-But_'Reply-to'_is_set@schoolfonts.com> said:
>
>> Outlook is such a crap that even Microsoft dropped it in the latest
>> versions of Windows…
>
> They did? huh? Outlook has never been part of Windows, and it's still
> part of the latest version of Office, just as it has been for many many
> years.

Outlook is included in some (maybe most?) versions of MSOffice, but not all
of them.
bj
0
bj
7/7/2013 2:38:09 PM
In message <812554104394865579.392927bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>
  Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
> DevilsPGD <boogabooga@crazyhat.net> wrote:
>> In the last episode of <51d75638$0$2274$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Mitch
>> Bujard <DontWantSpam-But_'Reply-to'_is_set@schoolfonts.com> said:
>>
>>> Outlook is such a crap that even Microsoft dropped it in the latest
>>> versions of Windows…
>>
>> They did? huh? Outlook has never been part of Windows, and it's still
>> part of the latest version of Office, just as it has been for many many
>> years.

> Outlook Express use to come with the Windows operating system.

Outlook Express is not Outlook. Never was Outlook.

They were as related as Java and Javascript. Or nuclear rods and
anabolic steroids. Or two other things that aren't related at all.

--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great
pleasure." Clarence Darrow
Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

>>> They did? huh? Outlook has never been part of Windows, and it's still
>>> part of the latest version of Office, just as it has been for many
>>> many years.
>>
>> Outlook Express use to come with the Windows operating system.
>
> Outlook and Outlook Express are not the same thing.

I didn't say they were the same but sometimes people seem to think they are
similar. I'm just stating that with Windows operating system you use to get
a program called outlook express. It got changed to Windows mail for
Windows 7 and now It seems to be called Windows Live mail. Its improving
all the time.

--
Regards Brian
0
 Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

> Outlook Express is not Outlook. Never was Outlook.
>
> They were as related as Java and Javascript. Or nuclear rods and
> anabolic steroids. Or two other things that aren't related at all.

You mean like Windows and easy-to-use?

-- Michelle (ducking and running)

--
All usenet users are quirky, but some are more quirky than others.
0
Michelle
7/7/2013 3:25:25 PM
In message <1300582154394901750.789458bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>
  Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
> Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

>>> Outlook Express use to come with the Windows operating system.
>>
>> Outlook and Outlook Express are not the same thing.

> I didn't say they were the same but sometimes people seem to think they are
> similar.

Some people are wrong.

> I'm just stating that with Windows operating system you use to get
> a program called outlook express.

But that is not at all what you said. You said "Outlook is such a crap
that even Microsoft dropped it in the latest versions of Windows" which
is in no way accurate.

> It got changed to Windows mail for
> Windows 7 and now It seems to be called Windows Live mail. Its improving
> all the time.

Um... no, it's not. WLM v15 is so terrible that my newsreader is set on
most newsgroups to kill any post made using it. It's worse than using
Google Groups.

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you *think* before
you break 'em.
Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
> In message <1300582154394901750.789458bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>
>   Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
>> Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

>>> Outlook and Outlook Express are not the same thing.
>
>> I didn't say they were the same but sometimes people seem to think they are
>> similar.
>
> Some people are wrong.
>
>> I'm just stating that with Windows operating system you use to get
>> a program called outlook express.
>
> But that is not at all what you said. You said "Outlook is such a crap
> that even Microsoft dropped it in the latest versions of Windows" which
> is in no way accurate.

Your getting your posts mixed up. It was Mitch Bujard that said 'Outlook is
such a crap....'

>> It got changed to Windows mail for
>> Windows 7 and now It seems to be called Windows Live mail. Its improving
>> all the time.
>
> Um... no, it's not. WLM v15 is so terrible that my newsreader is set on
> most newsgroups to kill any post made using it. It's worse than using
> Google Groups.

I've never used Windows Live Mail so i'm just going by what I have read.
Your comment about it was interesting.

--
Regards Brian
0
On 08/07/2013 12:27, Brian wrote:
[]
> I've never used Windows Live Mail so i'm just going by what I have read.
> Your comment about it was interesting.

Much as I liked the integration of mail, RSS and Usenet into one box,
the final straw with Windows Live Mail for me was when it stopped
producing replies in something like a standard format, with correct
quoting of previous text.  Thunderbird is much better.
--
Cheers,
David
  David Taylor <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> On 08/07/2013 12:27, Brian wrote:
> []
>> I've never used Windows Live Mail so i'm just going by what I have read.
>> Your comment about it was interesting.

> Much as I liked the integration of mail, RSS and Usenet into one box,
> the final straw with Windows Live Mail for me was when it stopped
> producing replies in something like a standard format, with correct
> quoting of previous text.  Thunderbird is much better.

Thunderbird is complete and utter crap. I agree that it's much better
than WLM, but that's a bit like saying polio is better than samllpox,
it's true, but...

--
If I were you boys, I wouldn't talk or even think about women.  'T'ain't
good for your health.
On 08/07/2013 17:17, Lewis wrote:
[]
> Thunderbird is complete and utter crap. I agree that it's much better
> than WLM, but that's a bit like saying polio is better than samllpox,
> it's true, but...

It seems to cope well with my simple needs (just Usenet), but I would be
interested in alternative suggestions (provided they can import a server
and directory structure from Thunderbird).
--
Cheers,
David
<g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> said:

>Thunderbird is complete and utter crap.

I'm a huge fan of Thunderbird as an IMAP client, but I just can't beat
it into doing what I want for NNTP.

Let me clarify, text-only NNTP, I'm not dealing with binaries.

--
The nice thing about standards, there is enough for everyone to have their own.
0
DevilsPGD
7/8/2013 11:36:57 PM
On 2013-07-08 23:36:57 +0000, DevilsPGD said:

> In the last episode of <slrnktlpr4.r44.g.kreme@mbp55.local>, Lewis
> <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> said:
>
>> Thunderbird is complete and utter crap.

Nope.

> I'm a huge fan of Thunderbird as an IMAP client, but I just can't beat
> it into doing what I want for NNTP.
>
> Let me clarify, text-only NNTP, I'm not dealing with binaries.

I used Eudora for years before I had to upgrade, and Thunderbird was
the best choice. Especially because I could transfer all my mail. Also
because it manages very well a dozen mail accounts.

As for NNTP, I find it inadequate and the UI is cumbersome. I purchased
Panic Unison, but on a PC I sometimes use, I selected Opera Mail, a
free client also availble for Mac at
http://www.opera.com/computer/mail

--
Mitch Bujard
Fonts for Zaner-Bloser and Dnealian worksheets
http://www.SchoolFonts.com

0
Mitch
7/8/2013 11:52:29 PM
In article <51db50bd$0$2036$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Mitch Bujard
<DontWantSpam-But_'Reply-to'_is_set@schoolfonts.com> wrote:

> >> Thunderbird is complete and utter crap.
>
> Nope.

in this case, he's right. it's in the crap category.

> > I'm a huge fan of Thunderbird as an IMAP client, but I just can't beat
> > it into doing what I want for NNTP.
> >
> > Let me clarify, text-only NNTP, I'm not dealing with binaries.
>
> I used Eudora for years before I had to upgrade, and Thunderbird was
> the best choice. Especially because I could transfer all my mail. Also
> because it manages very well a dozen mail accounts.

a lot of mail clients will import eudora mail (although it might need
to be preprocessed for the best results), and pretty much all of them
support multiple accounts.

there's also a eudora rewrite called mail forge that supposedly
modernizes it, but the author sold the company and it seems to have
stagnated with its new owners.

> As for NNTP, I find it inadequate and the UI is cumbersome. I purchased
> Panic Unison, but on a PC I sometimes use, I selected Opera Mail, a
> free client also availble for Mac at
> http://www.opera.com/computer/mail

unison is also crap. it's very clearly written by people who don't use
usenet a whole lot.
0
nospam
7/9/2013 12:25:24 AM
On 09/07/2013 00:52, Mitch Bujard wrote:
[]
> I used Eudora for years before I had to upgrade, and Thunderbird was the
> best choice. Especially because I could transfer all my mail. Also
> because it manages very well a dozen mail accounts.
>
> As for NNTP, I find it inadequate and the UI is cumbersome. I purchased
> Panic Unison, but on a PC I sometimes use, I selected Opera Mail, a free
> client also availble for Mac at
> http://www.opera.com/computer/mail

Opera Mail does NNTP?
--
Cheers,
David
On 2013-07-09 06:53:33 +0000, David Taylor said:

> On 09/07/2013 00:52, Mitch Bujard wrote:
> []
>> I used Eudora for years before I had to upgrade, and Thunderbird was the
>> best choice. Especially because I could transfer all my mail. Also
>> because it manages very well a dozen mail accounts.
>>
>> As for NNTP, I find it inadequate and the UI is cumbersome. I purchased
>> Panic Unison, but on a PC I sometimes use, I selected Opera Mail, a free
>> client also availble for Mac at
>> http://www.opera.com/computer/mail
>
> Opera Mail does NNTP?

Yes. And the interface is not that far from Panic Unison
--
Mitch Bujard
Fonts for Zaner-Bloser and Dnealian worksheets
http://www.SchoolFonts.com

0
_is_set (23)
7/9/2013 9:53:33 AM
On 09/07/2013 10:53, Mitch Bujard wrote:
> On 2013-07-09 06:53:33 +0000, David Taylor said:
>
>> On 09/07/2013 00:52, Mitch Bujard wrote:
>> []
>>> I used Eudora for years before I had to upgrade, and Thunderbird was the
>>> best choice. Especially because I could transfer all my mail. Also
>>> because it manages very well a dozen mail accounts.
>>>
>>> As for NNTP, I find it inadequate and the UI is cumbersome. I purchased
>>> Panic Unison, but on a PC I sometimes use, I selected Opera Mail, a free
>>> client also availble for Mac at
>>> http://www.opera.com/computer/mail
>>
>> Opera Mail does NNTP?
>
> Yes. And the interface is not that far from Panic Unison

Thanks!  They seem to keep that well hidden.
--
Cheers,
David
  Mitch Bujard <DontWantSpam-But_'Reply-to'_is_set@schoolfonts.com> wrote:
> On 2013-07-08 23:36:57 +0000, DevilsPGD said:

>> In the last episode of <slrnktlpr4.r44.g.kreme@mbp55.local>, Lewis
>> <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> said:
>>
>>> Thunderbird is complete and utter crap.

> Nope.

Yup.

> As for NNTP, I find it inadequate and the UI is cumbersome. I purchased
> Panic Unison, but on a PC I sometimes use, I selected Opera Mail, a
> free client also availble for Mac at
> http://www.opera.com/computer/mail

As much as I like Panic's design and most of their apps, Unison is also
complete and utter crap and was written by people who either have never
used USENET or at least have no understanding of it. It is the Google
Groups of Mac Desktop software. The sad fact is, MT Newswatcher is still
the best newsreader for the Mac and it had its last serious update close
to a decade ago and still looks very much like a Mac OS 9 application.
It is *miles* better than Unison.

I find it's non-OS X feel annoying enough that I compile slrn on my
machine and use BBEdit to write my posts. slrn is slightly more capable
than MT-Newswatcher (it has better fileting and scoring, but MTNW is
still very good).

--
'Yes, but humans are more important than animals,' said Brutha.  'This
is a point of view often expressed by humans,' said Om.  (Small Gods)
On 07/07/2013 15:38, bj wrote:
> DevilsPGD<boogabooga@crazyhat.net>  wrote:
>> In the last episode of<51d75638$0$2274$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Mitch
>> Bujard<DontWantSpam-But_'Reply-to'_is_set@schoolfonts.com>  said:
>>
>>> Outlook is such a crap that even Microsoft dropped it in the latest
>>> versions of Windows…
>>
>> They did? huh? Outlook has never been part of Windows, and it's still
>> part of the latest version of Office, just as it has been for many many
>> years.
>

> Outlook is included in some (maybe most?) versions of MSOffice, but not all
> of them.
> bj

And just to confuse things even more, Hotmail has recently been
re-branded as Outlook.
So there are now quite a few possibilities with similar names.
Outlook Express - now obsolete but used to come with Windows, superseded
by Windows Mail in Vista and then by Windows Live Mail with Windows 7.
Outlook - the email application of MS Office up to and including Office 2010
Outlook - the new cloud-based Hotmail, which I believe is also part of
Office 2013. or is it Windows 8 - or both? I'm getting really confused
now...

0
George
7/11/2013 4:02:28 PM
In the last episode of <b4838jFc5ukU1@mid.individual.net>, George Weston
<geoweston@NOSPAMgmail.com> said:

>On 07/07/2013 15:38, bj wrote:
>> DevilsPGD<boogabooga@crazyhat.net>  wrote:

>>> They did? huh? Outlook has never been part of Windows, and it's still
>>> part of the latest version of Office, just as it has been for many many
>>> years.
>>

>> Outlook is included in some (maybe most?) versions of MSOffice, but not all
>> of them.
>> bj
>
>And just to confuse things even more, Hotmail has recently been
>re-branded as Outlook.

Specifically, "Outlook.com"

(Yes, I'm being pedantic. But it's necessary given the three products
with very similar names)

--
The nice thing about standards, there is enough for everyone to have their own.
0
DevilsPGD

Can I recall an e-mail in the Mail app?
Or is there any add-on software that will allow me to do this? "nickravo" <nickravo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127946778.893661.88440@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Or is there any add-on software that will allow me to do this? > No. Once a message has left your machine and passed through an SMTP server it's gone for good. Messaging systems like MS Exchange allow you to recall but that is only possible within an Exchange or other similar environment. Greg G.T. <getnews1@dslextreme.com> wrote: > Messaging systems like MS Exchange allow yo...

Sending e-mail to and receiving e-mail into Acucobol programs
I develop accounting software for timeshare resorts, membership campgrounds and comdominiums using Acucobol. These properties would like for their owners/members to be able to view their charge/payment histories on-line and, if desired, make a payment. There will be identical files on the Server and Client side and they will have to stay in sync. The way I would like to do this is to send e-mails to and from the server/client when a person's account is changed, either by a charge or payment. I would welcome any ideas/help along these lines. Thank you. Keith On 12 Aug 2003 09:55:36 -0700, ...

Send e-mail from AIX to external e-mail address
I would like to be able to e-mail a log file from my AIX server to an external e-mail address. I'm using the mail command and it works fine if i send a e-mail to someone on the company's exchange server, but if I try to send an e-mail to someone outside the company it says host unknown. Is there something I need to set-up to make this work? I have a similar system set-up on my NT server where I am using the open source program sendemail. It works fine and it is easy to use. It is just an executable and you can add parameters like the name of our mail relay server. Can I get a sim...

Sending e-mail with attachments with the default e-mail client
Hello. I need to send e-mails with attachments under W2K using the default e-mail client. I'd like to open the e-mail aplication with the attachment to allow the user to chose the recipients. I got it working using the mailto mechanism but only for Outlook. Anybody has an idea of how to do this to work with all the e-mail clients? Thanks in advance. ...

Can you e-mail a report to an e-mail address stored in a Hyperlink field?
I think the question speaks for itself, but just to elaborate... I would like to e-mail a report to one or more e-mail addresses that are stored in a Hyperlink field of an Access table. Basically, merge a report to a set of e-mail addresses and have it sent automatically. Is this possible in Access 2000? If so, how? I want this to run automatically with no user input. Thanks in advance!!! Yes you can, but you will have to use VB, have you done this before? --- Please immediately let us know (by phone or return email) if (a) this email contains a virus (b) you are not the intended rec...

FM 7.0 Problem about sending e-mails to all e-mail addresses of my records
Hello, a problem in FM 7.0. In FM 6.0 I regularily sent an e-mail to all e-mail addresses of my records. I had a script to do this. Now in FM 7.0 the script does not longer work! It sends an e-mail tot 1 record! What has happened? Thanks Manchicourt <manchicourtNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, a problem in FM 7.0. > > In FM 6.0 I regularily sent an e-mail to all e-mail addresses of my > records. I had a script to do this. > Now in FM 7.0 the script does not longer work! > It sends an e-mail tot 1 record! > What has happened? > > Thanks Publish your ...

Anyway I can add a footnote to an e-mail I write in Mail app?
I know this is an odd request and I could probably just draft the graph in word, cut and paste it intp the e-mail, and tinker with the formatting. But I was wondering if there was a way or an add-on that could do this. On 2007-02-03 18:25:47 -0600, "nickravo@gmail.com" <nickravo@gmail.com> said: > I know this is an odd request and I could probably just draft the > graph in word, cut and paste it intp the e-mail, and tinker with the > formatting. But I was wondering if there was a way or an add-on that > could do this. You must mean a "signature", right...

E-mail recusado
AVISO GERADO AUTOMATICAMENTE WARNING GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY ________________________________________________________________ E-mail com anexos executaveis sao descartados pelo nosso servidor. Se quiser, compacte o arquivo e envie novamente. Maiores detalhes: http://infonib.nib.unicamp.br/aviso-virus.html ________________________________________________________________ E-mail with executables atachments are not allowed in our servers. with you want to send the e-mail, compress it and send it again More details: http://infonib.nib.unicamp.br/virus-warning.html *---------------------------...

Decode this e-mail header (Apple e-mail server mac.com used to send virus link)
This material originally comes from a post made recently in can.internet.highspeed. Seems that someone was following a link in Craigslist and came across a suspect URL that was communicated via private e-mail: ----------------- Please verify this website - I could not open the "file" on separate windows machines after scanning for virii. The URL was confirmed by email. hxxp://www.multiscan.ca/warehouse_price.exe If there is a price list (as expected), please post the answer here. The original posting appeared on Craigslist under Computers (sale). If you wa...

Clean way to send HTML e-mail with image using default mail client?
Hi --We want to embed a "Send image via email" link in our app but (a) wantto allow the user to add some additional information / text to theemail and (b) don't want to clone a whole email client in our app. Sothe user experience we're trying to deliver is similar to what happenswhen you click on a mailto link in a browser: you get a blank email,with your favorite email client (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc), with theaddress and subject line filled in (if the mailto link was configuredwith that info). We'd like to do the same, but also have a newly-generated image included in...

Duplicate e-mails in Mail app
I've just imported 2 years of e-mails from Eudora into Mail. There are numerous duplicates present. Is there an easy way of erasing the dupes? -- He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. P.G. Wodehouse 1881 -1975 ...

Mail.app vaporized my e-mail!
The strangest thing just happened, help! I opened up Mail, and all the messages on my inbox (several dozen of them, some dating back 7 months) were all marked as unread. Not a big problem. BUT, everything dated between August 18 2003 and today (October 13, 2003) has completely vanished. I had some VERY important e-mails in there. I tried looking in ~/Library/Mail, and there doesn't seem to be any way to recover them by messing around in there. Is there any way to get them back??? Thanks G In article <Gqtib.9039$x97.2472@clgrps13>, nospam@spam.sucks.it (Gavin) wrote: &...

[blockmail] E-mail bloqueado
O e-mail abaixo indicado foi bloqueado por este servidor, pois cont�m um anexo execut�vel. Arquivos execut�veis s�o potencialmente perigosos por constituir meio de propaga��o de v�rus e worms de e-mail. The following e-mail was blocked by this server because it contains an executable attachment. Executable files are potentially dangerous, as they are used for e-mail virus and worms propagation. Mail headers: Date : Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:27:30 -0300 Subject : Mail Delivery failure (gabicr@grad.icmc.usp.br) From : python-list@python.org Return-Path: <python-list@pytho...

Can't send mail using Mail.app, but can with Thunderbird
Hello, I am having one heck of a time, and it's killing me. I am new to the world of OS X but am adapting well, with one exception - Mail. Here's the deal. Using Thunderbird, I can send mail out with password authentication. I can send it via port 25 normally or via port 465 via SSL. I can also telnet to port 25 and see the standard email connection, and I can even fake it out using the proper sequence of commands. I can telnet to port 465, although since that's SSL I can't easily fake key negotiation or anything like that - but, it does establish a connection. However, Mai...

Web resources about - Looking for an e-mail app that can send e-mail in html format - comp.mobile.ipad

John Legend to Perform at President Obama’s Next L.A. Fundraising Event
Singer John Legend will perform at a fundraiser during President Obama’s next trek to Los Angeles on Feb. 11. According to an invite, Legend ...

How Microsoft’s new iOS keyboard app will improve your texting game
One problem some people might have with the larger new iPhones is that they’re too big for one handed operation, especially the Plus versions. ...

First Zika virus case confirmed in LA County
Los Angeles Times First Zika virus case confirmed in LA County Los Angeles Times A health worker shows larvae of the Aedes aegypti mosquitoes ...

Uber Installs Toy In Back Seat Of Cars To Keep Drunk Passengers Occupied
Uber has certainly changed the way getting around works – by making things more efficient, and at the same time, give cabbies a run for their ...

‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Revenant,’ ‘Star Wars’ Lead MPSE’s Golden Reel Nominations
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" and "The Revenant" were among the top titles nominated by the Motion Picture Sound Editors this year.

Sony is moving its PlayStation base to California
Sony plans to shift its global headquarters for PlayStation from Tokyo to California this year, it said Tuesday. Consumers outside Japan are ...

Abe Vigoda, 'Godfather' star, dies at 94
Abe Vigoda, the sad-faced star of Francis Ford Coppola's classic film "The Godfather," died Tuesday at 94, his manager told AFP. The actor died ...

FaceIt esports community raises $15 million to go global
Esports is a growing market, and it isn’t only about the top 1 percent of players in the world that show up for the tournaments you see on Twitch. ...

Oculus’ Quill Lets One Create Art In Virtual Reality
The world of art is an extremely flexible one – there are many ways and methods of expression, not to mention showcase art. It is a subject that ...

Here are all the Twitter execs who have left during the comeback effort
Twitter is a company in a seemingly never-ending state of turmoil and change. In the past six years alone, Twitter has had three CEOs, six heads ...