use a iPad to connect to a computer(running Windows XP or Vista)?

How does one use a VPN on iPad to connect to their computer(running
Windows XP or Vista) and access/edit documents on the Windows computer?

Looked at [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1424[/url]
and
[url]http://apple-ipad-tablet-help.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-setup-ipad-vpn.html[/url]

I know another option is VNC and the free Mocha VNC lite is an app which
can aid you to connect to a Windows running computer

Which(out of VPN or VNC) is better to use a  iPad to connect to their
computer(running Windows XP or Vista)?
comp.mobile.ipad 2567 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

xHarbour apps that run in Windows XP using Advantage Databse Engine do not run in Windows 7 64 bit environment while using Advantage Database Engine
I finally go my Windows XP computer to connect to ADS and it works fine now= just by creating an ADS.INI file and placing the file in the directory of = the client that contains the xHarbour executable. Before I did that the cli= ent computer could not connect to the ADS files. However, when I try to run the same application from a Windows 7 (64 bit) c= omputer, the application cannot open up any xHarbour files unless the files= are NOT managed by ADS. Can anyone help me with this problem? Hi did you try to disable windows 7 uac or call ADSRIGHTSCHECK( ADS_IGNORERIGH= TS )=2...

Windows 2000 and Windows XP using Firewire connection
Has anyone been able to use this method for networking? Win XP has the drivers etc loaded. Win 2000 does not have drivers for IEEE (1394) to allow networking. I currently using a wireless connection which works and also a LAN 100mbit connection which works. I would like to try and use firewire as well. Are there drivers available for Win 2000 to allow firewire networking? Can the XP drivers be used instead? Tanx Martin On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:34:54 GMT, no-spam@here.com wrote: > Has anyone been able to use this method for networking? > > Win XP has the drivers etc loaded. >...

problem connecting to windows 2000 computer from XP computer
I have a network with 3 computers 2 x Windows Xp home and one windows 2000 when I try to access the shared folders on the windows 2000 computer from either of the XP machines I am required to login - is there a way to avoid getting this login box. any pointers would be appreciated On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:47:10 +0800, "chris" <someone@here.com> wrote: >I have a network with 3 computers 2 x Windows Xp home and one windows 2000 > >when I try to access the shared folders on the windows 2000 computer from >either of the XP machines I am required to login - is the...

[...]

Do IMAQ Cast Image or IMAQ Linear averages give different results when using different computers that are running under Windows XP ?
Hello &nbsp; I'm currently developping an image processing algorithm using Labview 7.1 and the associated IMAQ Vision tools. After several tests, I found a weird result. Indeed, I put the labview algorithm - including the IMAQ VI on the library to get sure&nbsp;that I use all&nbsp;the time the same VI -&nbsp;on my memory stick and used it on two different computers. I tested the same picture (still in my memory stick) and had two very different results. After several hours trying to understand why, I found that there were a difference between the results&nbsp;given by b...

[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Sales + Windows Vista Upgrades = Windows XP
Vista downgrading: What are your rights? ,----[ Quote ] | Talk about a catch 22. Did you know that in order to be allowed to downgrade | Vista to XP on a new computer, Microsoft expects you to have one of the more | expensive editions of Windows Vista that most OEMs don’t even put on their | machines. It’s true. Have a look at this official Microsoft one-sheet | explaining the intricacies of downgrading from Vista that’s come bundled with | a new PC. | | You’d have to add $180 to the price of a Dell Inspiron 530 in order to have | the right to use XP instead of Vista. `---- http...

Problem Connecting to the Internet from Win 2000 Pro Computer to Windows XP computer
I have a Windows 2000 pro commuter with 20 gigs of hard drive space 56 megs of RAM and a Network card...connected to a Windows XP Pro computer with 40 gigs of hard drive space and about 128 megs of RAM...I can see the Windows 2000 computer by a cross-over Ethernet cable but not visa versa ...when I do netstat on the Windows 2000 Pro computer it doesn't show any connection. I'm about to give this Win 2k computer away to somebody and want to know if they have a paid Internet service like Road Runner or Road Runner Lite would they be able to get the Windows 2000 Pro computer onli...

Connecting 2 Windows ME computers using PPP to share DSL internet connection
I know one shouldn't post messages to multiple newsgroups, but I'm not sure which group will be able to help me, so please excuse me if this is not relevant to your group and PLEASE help if you can. I got 1 PC at home and 2 PC's at my office. At the moment I'm using dial-up internet at home and at the office. I want to upgrade my office to DSL internet within the next couple of months. I'm trying to figure out a way to access such connection from home by using windows dial-up networking. Don't have DSL yet, just experimenting. I've set up dial-up server ...

Can any Windows user be useful for a moment. Windows XP internet connection issue
Has anyone seen this: A friend of mine has an old Windows XP machine that has started to exhibit the odd behaviour where any data connection to something on the internet dies after about 300K of data. Local area transfers work fine, but if the source for the data is on the internet, it's no go. Any thoughts? Alan Baker wrote: > Has anyone seen this: > > A friend of mine has an old Windows XP machine that has started to > exhibit the odd behaviour where any data connection to something on the > internet dies after about 300K of data. Local area transfe...

How to implement Personal Area Network using Bluetooth between Windows XP and Windows Mobile devices?
Hi, I am having a Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) placed in a truck, which runs on "Windows XP" platform and can communicate to the back-end server for obtaining job requests/data. After obtaining job requests, MDT, in turn has to transfer the data through Bluetooth to 4 or 5 hand- held devices/PDAs connected to it (here MDT to act as a server to the PDAs which are connected to it). These PDAs each will be carried by work personnel to different locations within the vicinity. PDAs run on "Windows Mobile" platform. MDT and all 5 PDAs shall be paired so that data transfer can take...

Running Kermit 3.16 via copSSH on Windows XP or older Windows connected serial devices
Hello, I can not seem to remember how I used to do this. The machines with some version of MS Windows, most have Windows XP. I use kermit to talk with their store registers. The machines have a purchased copy of MS Kermit 3.16. My mskermit.ini file on these machines has set port 1 set baud 9600 PAUSE 2 REMOTE LOGIN RAIS PAUSE 2 GET datafile PAUSE 2 GET datafile1 .... EXIT till I have all the files. I thought I could use kermit via ssh to talk to the machines and directly transfer the files. Did not work. I then setup cygwin and copSSH. I am able to ssh to the...

iPhone4,iPhone3,Ipad,Apple Mobile,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile
Welcome to our shop www.aoatrade.com. We are professional doing the electronice products business.Our main products have Ipad,Apple Mobile,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile,Sharp Mobile,Sony Ericsson Mobile,Canon Camera,Casio Camera,Fujifilm Cameras,Nikon Camera,Olympus Camera,Pentax Cameras,Ricoh Cameras,Samsung Cameras,Sony Cameras,Panasonic Cameras,etc If you are interested in the products, please feel free to contact with us. Email: aoatradesales@gmail.com Website: Http://www.aoatrade.com Apple Iphone: http://www.aoatrade.com/category.php?id...

wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile
wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile Welcome to our shop www.aoatrade.com. We are professional doing the electronice products business.Our main products have wholeale Ipad,Apple iPhone,Blackberry Mobile,HTC Mobile,LG Mobile,Motorola Mobile,Nokia Mobile,Samsung Mobile,Sharp Mobile,Sony Ericsson Mobile,etc If you are interested in the products, please feel free to contact with us. Email: aoatradesales@gmail.com Msn: aoatradesales@hotmail.com Skype: aoatradesales Website: Http://www.aoatrade.com Apple Iphone: http://www.aoa...

Web resources about - use a iPad to connect to a computer(running Windows XP or Vista)? - comp.mobile.ipad

Computer Show

Computer No.5 in Room 143 discovers largest prime number ever known - 22m digits
... the previous record-holder. The largest known prime number is now almost 5 million digits longer than the previous record-holder. In a computer ...

Porter Airlines cancels over 15 Friday night flights amid computer issues
... night due to an issue with third-party software, it said. Air Canada flights from the downtown island airport are not affected by the computer ...

The BBC's computer chip for kids was meant to 'kickstart a coding revolution' — but it keeps getting ...
In 2012 the BBC decided to produce a computer chip that would teach children how to code. But now, almost four years after the announcement of ...

What to do if your computer has a virus
Take these three steps to limit the damage and recover your Windows system.

DARPA wants to build wetware so we can mind control computers
... on Tuesday that it is interested in developing wetware implantable brain-machine interfaces (BMI) that will allow their users to control computers ...

GeekWire Deals: Build something fun on your computer, literally, with Brik Book
Sometimes, you just need to close your computer and take a break. It could be to clear your head or just rest your eyes from the harsh light. ...

State's new computer system still buggy with payroll
A massive computer project is beating the state’s expectations but has still left hundreds of state employees underpaid or led to them being ...