Windows NT 2000 and 2003 server ?

can anybody point me in the right direction for some none microsoft
review of these three server packages.   Am tring to one of the key
areas microsoft has changed in these server packages and if they realy
do what they claim.   Have search and only found Microsoft point of
you.
0
maltwhiskey1972
4/15/2004 1:04:33 PM
comp.ms-windows.discuss 3600 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Migrating applications from Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 to Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000
Hi, I've got a bunch of VB6 applications which currently run on a Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 server config with client machines on Windows 2000. I'm planning to replace the servers with Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000 configs, keeping client machines on Windows 2000 for now. So generally speaking, are there many programming or configuration changes I'll need to make to the applications so that they'll run on the new configuration? What issues can I expect etc? I'm just after general issues any of you may have experienced by migrating from NT to 2003, and also from SQL Server...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003
This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who don't/can't subscribe to the microsoft groups. The original thread can be read here: <URL: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.scripting.jscript/browse_frm/thread/91bd7c8dfe3c8a9f/a80a764bfb34d2ee#a80a764bfb34d2ee> Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000 <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c03d3e49-b40e-4ca1-a0c7-cc135ec4d2be&displaylang=en...

Paradox 8, MS SQL 2000 and Windows Server 2003
We have a vendor that is using Paradox 8 to access a MS SQL 2000 database on a server that we just migrated to Windows Server 2003 (from Wiindows 2000 Server). We have started to get the following error periodically on the local workstation while using their program: "An Error was triggered in the "nrecords" method on an object of TCursor Type" "TCursor not opened" "Database connection appears to be unstable" My question is: is Paradox 8 compatible with Server 2003? We only started to get these errors after the migration to Server 2003. ...

SQL Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003
I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this SQL server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the databases in the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my applications work fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases visible in Enterprise Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in Enterprise Manager under Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. Nothing works. Can anybody help? df (df@df.com) writes: > I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this > SQL server, which is local, and after that ...

Using Eudora 6.0.1.1 in Windows 2000/XP with Application Data Redirected to Windows 2003 Server
Does anybody have any experience with using Eudora 6.0 on Windows 2000/XP machines? Per the installation guide we are using Eudora with user data stored in the Application Data folder for the user. Problems have arisen as we've migrated to Windows 2003 Server and Active Directory. Users now have roaming profiles (stored on the server) and redirected folders (My Documents and Application Data) also stored on the server. Some users also are using laptops with 'Offline Files' turned on. The problems we are seeing are... - OWNER.LOK files are not getting deleted when Eudor...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

Is it possible to use the Windows 2003 user names instead of pre-Windows 2000 user names in Windows Authentication?
Hello, I am trying to get username information by using User.Identity.Name.ToString, if i logged in with username to given network place, it is ok! It returns SERVERNAME/username. Otherwise if I logged in with "name.surname@SERVERNAME.com" it again returns SERVERNAME/username although i want it to return "name.surname". I changed the IIS server settings, checked digest authentication and tried the other things, too. But makes no difference. It is said to originated from Kerberos Authentication... If anyone can help me I will be appreciated. Thanks for now, MK IIS must be ...

Windows 98 vs Windows server 2003
Hi there, I have a very strange problem. I've installed a Windows 2003 server with some windows 2000 pro clients and 2 windows 98 clients. All works fine but...... One of the employees wants to connect from his home-office by VPN or Terminal session. When i install Routing & Remote access OR the Terminalserver-software on the 2003 server the windows 98 clients are not able to login. Sometimes the password is not accepted and sometimes the client is unable to find the domain for verification of the password. When I uninstall the Routing & Remote Acces and the Termi...

To have SQL Server 2000 + 2005 working on a single windows 2003 server
hi all. Can i have two instalation of SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 in a single server WIN 2003 as programs seperate, without i have=B4nt conflict ? If el anwser is Yes, What it is the order of instalation and what prevention will do? Thank you for you help. Bye. Am Wed, 01 Aug 2007 20:28:43 -0700 schrieb fhernandezve@gmail.com: > hi all. > > Can i have two instalation of SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 in a single server > WIN 2003 as programs seperate, without i have�nt conflict ? > > If el anwser is Yes, What it is the order of instalation and what > prevention will do? > &g...

Web resources about - Windows NT 2000 and 2003 server ? - comp.ms-windows.discuss

The Windows Blog

Microsoft’s Windows Phone vice president Joe Belfiore explains why he uses an iPhone …
... is not using the device you might expect them to . Latest casualty of the telltale tag is Joe Belfiore , the Microsoft VP who fronts the Windows ...

With Windows 7 in its death throes, Microsoft reveals the Skylake systems that retain support
Windows 8.1 is old, Windows 7 is all but decrepit, and Microsoft is now all about Windows 10 . The somewhat aggressive pushing of Windows 10 ...

Microsoft’s Windows Phone VP caught tweeting from an iPhone
... Joe Belfiore. Currently the company's Corporate VP of Operating Systems, Belfiore is primarily known for heading up the company's Windows Phone ...

The man in charge of Windows design explains why it doesn't matter that he uses an iPhone
... His official title is "Corporate Vice President, Operating Systems Group" which, broadly, means he is in charge of the design of Windows, specifically ...

Microsoft, OEMs supply lists of Skylake PCs that will receive Windows 7 and 8.1 support
Microsoft on Friday posted links to lists of almost 190 PCs eligible to receive Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 support until July 2017, making good ...

Windows Phone boss is caught tweeting from an iPhone
If you had asked me in the 1990s, I’d never have thought I’d one day feel sorry for Microsoft, but right now it’s pretty hard. Two days after ...

Scientists figure out how to create affordable smart windows
Imagine having the power to tweak your windows' opacity depending on the weather. That's one application a group of MIT scientists believe they've ...