what's better than cdparanoia? Or, how can I get iTunes quality with cdparanoia?

I used cdparanoia to rip my entire CD collection in order to make the
music available from a home music server.  I was thinking I was making
lossless (identical copies) of the CDs.  It was a big job.

Then, I ran into a couple of old files that I'd ripped of some of the
same CDs using iTunes - and the files from iTunes were *much better*,
even to my poor hearing.

Was it just the parameters and/or codec I was using?

Default audio parameters in all cases.

I don't have an apple or even a windows box, just linux.  Also, I
think the job is much easier when done from the command line.

How can I get iTunes quality using open software.  Naturally, the
goal would also be to have equivalent compression efficiency to
iTunes, as well as equivalent tonal quality.

TIA, cts
0
Charles
11/5/2016 6:16:09 PM
comp.multimedia 1731 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow