Best computer-based sampler for a Mac computer?

What is the best computer-based sampler for a Mac computer?

I myself have a PC-based system, and have heard if GigaStudio for the
PC, but am considering getting a Mac system, and am not familiar with
the available options for Mac.

Thanks in advance.
0
fan
2/27/2005 10:06:24 AM
comp.music.midi 3004 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

In article <3l63215klkbo0jufot1dp8p6ls21d02s6e@4ax.com>,
 fan <fan@fan.com> wrote:

> What is the best computer-based sampler for a Mac computer?
> > I myself have a PC-based system, and have heard if GigaStudio for the
> PC, but am considering getting a Mac system, and am not familiar with
> the available options for Mac.

 I'm a serious Mac convert for several personal reasons I won't rant
about here, heh heh, but this little beauty is probably high on the list
of Serious Contenders. It compares very favorably with GigaStudio in
some key areas and it won't break the bank. If you have a modest G4 with
at least a gig of RAM, its viable and if you have a G5 with MORE, its
especially seductive.

http://www.sweetwater.com/feature/machfive/
http://www.motu.com/products/software/machfive/body.html/en
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar04/articles/performernotes.htm

--

 HellPope Huey
   Praise the Lord and pass the gallstones

   God appoints our graces
      to be nurses to other men's weaknesses.
         - Henry Ward Beecher

   "Every time Jesus shuts a door,
      He opens a window."
   "Yeah, so we have something to jump out of."
       - "Saved!'
0
HellPope