Cut Midi file - what software helps?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I have a midifile (for a mobile phone ringtone.)

I want to cut off some of the beginning to shorten the file.
What software works for that? I prefer a free demo or shareware.

Thx,

PM
0
Reply petermeier999 1/12/2004 12:21:23 PM

See related articles to this posting

Peter Meier wrote:
> I have a midifile (for a mobile phone ringtone.)
>
> I want to cut off some of the beginning to shorten the file.
> What software works for that? I prefer a free demo or shareware.

GNMIDI Shareware, demo at http://www.gnmidi.com
      copies part of midi song into new file

G´┐Żnter

0
Reply ISO 1/12/2004 12:36:55 PM

Harping MIDI allows you to crop a file, you can also delete tracks and
notes you don't want, a new version is coming with fixed edit/copy/paste
functions.
javier.

http://www.harpingmidi.com/download.html

Peter Meier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a midifile (for a mobile phone ringtone.)
>
> I want to cut off some of the beginning to shorten the file.
> What software works for that? I prefer a free demo or shareware.
>
> Thx,
>
> PM

0
Reply HarpingMIDI 1/12/2004 1:40:31 PM
comp.music.midi 2974 articles. 23 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Help converting Cubase Audio Falcon song file to MIDI file
Well, my Falcon appears to have finally died today. :-(( I was trying to run Cubase Audio, and I got a message that there was no key (aka 'dongle') inserted in the cartridge port. The dongle _was_ there, but that error message happens every once in a while due to age and dirt on the contacts I suppose (even though I've cleaned them). So, I turned it OFF, re-inserted the dongle, powerd back up, and then... nothing. Dead bird. I get no video. I do hear the internal drive start to spin up, and the power LED comes on, and stays on, but that's it. No other activity. I haven&...

Help
Hi all ,,, first sorry my bad english , but i'll try to find ,in the net ,some software that shows me a "virtual piano"(keybords) , whem the midi is playing........ some thing like this one : http://www.harmony-central.com/Software/Windows/ScreenShots/midi-guitar-chord-finder.gif ...... this is from guitar ,I need keyboard... the "piano roll up" from Cakewalk is difficult to see the chords.......... I need some one shows the keys be pressing..... like whem we see some musician plays.... If you know some software , please ,,, send me the link Thx a lot Alex Braz...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

Help with Help files
I'm finishing an application and want to supply help files. However MS Access's help files, ironically don't contain much help on HELP. What is the best approach? I could easily just provide .doc files and shell out to Wordpad.exe, but is there a better way? I'm using Access 2002. Any help is appreciated. "Tom marsh" <lee.marsh@goodwill-suncoast.com> wrote: >I'm finishing an application and want to supply help files. However MS >Access's help files, ironically don't contain much help on HELP. What is >the best approach? I could e...

Help with the Help file
Distributing a new version of my application, I found out that the application can't find its help file any more, and I have to use the browse button to get into the Installation directory where the help file is (together with the .exe). I did not change anything, so I don't understand why this happens. In my program, the Help is accessed via the following instructions: procedure TMainForm.HelpBtnClick(Sender: TObject); begin Application.HelpFile := 'MyAppl.hlp'; Application.HelpCommand(HELP_FINDER, 0); end; Have you any idea ? On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 1...

Program for cutting up MIDI files
A custom program for cutting out portions of midi files is: http://www.cellspark.com/MidiCutter.html It's written in Java so will run on Win/Linux/Apple Regards Colin ...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

software for creating help files
hi, how are you creating the help files for you application? thank you yavuz bogazci <yonthebeach@googlemail.com> skrev i melding news:1133537223.586733.153180@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi, > > how are you creating the help files for you application? > > thank you > yavuz bogazci > http://www.helpandmanual.com On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 11:55:10 -0500, "yonthebeach@googlemail.com" <yonthebeach@googlemail.com> wrote: >hi, > >how are you creating the help files for you application? > >thank you >yav...

http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com - This software deletes duplicate files in media collection of any type Duplicate Files Deleter
http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com - This software deletes duplicate files in media collection of any type Duplicate Files Deleter - automatically with the software to Delete File Duplicates. This software deletes duplicate files in media collection of any type. Want to delete duplicate files? Delete duplicate files everywhere: Delete duplicate files in music collection Automatically delete duplicate files in the photo collection Find and delete duplicate files in any folder Delete duplicate files on the single and multiple hard drives =85 delete duplicate files everywhere All you n...

need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe fileneed help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file
need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file. my avg anti virus can detect it as trojan horse dropper agent.mqp. i dont want to remove the exe file yet because im afraid my files will be removed as well. can anyone give me another way to recover the files? -- wewet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wewet's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100316.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/virus-spyware/1184791.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

New midi file combining software
'MidiJoiner' is a new utility for joining sequences of midi files together in order to create tune compilations. It's primarily designed to create ringtone medleys. It's written in Java so is cross-platform. Download at: http://www.cellspark.com/MidiJoiner.html Regards The product author ...

Help capturing MIDI stream to file ...
Hi all, I'm trying to capture MIDI data from a Yamaha keyboard to a MIDI file. If I first get the MidiDevice for the Yamaha (the "YAMAHA CBX Driver") and hook this up to the default synthesizer, it plays on the computer great. However, if I try to dump it into a sequencer first and then play from the sequencer, it fails with a NullPointerException. Essence of the code is below. What am I doing wrong? Gerald. MidiDevice cbxa = getMidiDevice("YAMAHA CBX Driver"); cbxa.open(); Sequencer sqr = MidiSystem.getSequencer(); sqr.open(...

MIDI file volume
I wonder if you can help me. I have a couple of MIDI files that I want to use on my phone but when I play them the volume level is very low. Obviously I can increase the volume level on my phone but that affects everything rather than just that the quiet MIDI files. Does anyone know of any free software I can download that will allow me to increase the volume of a MIDI file and then save it again so that the MIDI file is now saved with a higher volume level? Is there any other way I can achieve this? I hope you can help me. I appreciate any help or information given. Thanks! -- -...

help me to sheet music or midi files
Please help me to the midi files or the sheet music of the following numbers Early in the morning bij Van Morrison Just the Blues and i am gonne fishing from Dr John Thanks in advance Rene ...

New midi file combining software
'MidiJoiner' is a shareware utility for joining sequences of midi files together in order to create tune compilations. It's primarily designed to create ringtone medleys. It's written in Java so is cross-platform. Download at: http://www.cellspark.com/MidiJoiner.html Regards The product author ...

Help!! Help!! Help!!
I wish to vectorize the following code: s = tf('s'); W = logspace(-1,2,50); COMBINATION = combn(W, 2); K = cell(length(COMBINATION), 1); K0 = 1 + (1/(2*s)) + 0.5*s/(0.2*s + 1); % PID controller to be approximated as PI gapValue = zeros(length(COMBINATION), 1); for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) K{i} = (COMBINATION(i,1)*(1 + (1/(COMBINATION(i,2)*s)))); % PI controller end for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) gapValue(i,1) = gapmetric(K0, K{i}); end where K0 is the Nominal transfer function and K is a cell array including transfer functions whose gap metric from K0 are...

Is there MIDI software to help learn keyboard playing?
I'd like to learn to play the keyboard - the aim being to buy a keyboard, plug it into my laptop, eventually download my favourite tunes to my laptop in MIDI format and learn to play them. Is there MIDI software that EASILY teaches one to play MIDI tracks e.g. displaying a keyboard where the keys "light up" for any MIDI track? I'm new to MIDI, so am open to suggestions here. The fineprint is that I would prefer to stick with Linux (Ubuntu) sotware if possible. Thanks. Piano Wizard It's NOT just a kids game. (themes can be changed). There is no more effective teaching ...

SOFTWARE! SOFTWARE! SOFTWARE!
Hello everybody! Just got a bunch of boxes of disks from Andrew last night and was wondering if anyone was seeking any particular titles? If I can find what you are looking for in the mess, I will be more than happy to copy it for you on request. I won't be giving, selling, or trading any of the disks themselves, but I will make copies for any interested parties. Have a great day! Charles>8-Bit Designs http://www.8bitprodserv.spaces.live.com I'm looking for the Ada Training Course put out by Abacus. For some reason I can't find any of the Abacus software nor manuals. ...

Help with Help file reference
I have a program that can reference a data file in the application path with a statement like this: Open App.Path & "\data.dat" For Input As #1 I can't seem to do the same thing with the Help file. This statement works: X = Shell("winhlp32.exe helpfile.hlp", 1) but only if the helpfile is in the system path. I want to direct the program to look in the application folder for the help file. I would have expected something like this to work: X =\ Shell("winhlp32.exe App.Path & \helpfile.hlp",1) but it doesn't. What am I missing here?? Thanks...

Help, Help, Help...
Hei! Im makin a hot INVADERS game with Java but im a newbie with language, so , question is how do i use KeyPressed () function... I hav Applet Runnable... -!Hei!- Here is my problem... public class TestinKeys extends Applet implements Runnable .... .... public void run () { while ( true ) { KeyEvent ke; if ( ke.getKeyChar() == 'a' ) g_TykkiX ++; .... .... What is Wrong, im tryin to make that Invaders game but i dont know how to read keyboard with Runnable Java code... JariTapio <JariTapio@pp.inet.fi> wrote: > publi...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my ...

help help help
I need to refresh my C knowledge quickly. I will be reading code for simple industrial type controls like motor controllers, valve drivers, etc This software is pretty simple, 3000 lines max. The executable is embedded in flash on the processor chip. Actually I haven't seen it yet. I haven't looked at C or done any programming in ages. I'm looking for a simple programming suite that will run on my WinXP (NTFS) computer. Something that doesn't take really long to get up to speed with. Simple is better. I just need to practice and remember and do some simple experi...

Help: How to create a midi file using C?
1.I am considering doing a midi file generator for my 4th year project in B.SC. 2.I would do it using c language, but i'm not sure abou t the level of difficulyt involved 3.Basically, the executable c program would read a text document with some "musical pseudocode" representing some `tune`. Then convert the "musical pseudocode" into "midi code" that could be played in any midi player like `windows media player`. 4.How would you do this? 5.I hear that you could use `truncated fourier series`; but how to do this? 6.Also, how to re-create various mus...

HELP HELP HELP...
Hi everybody there. I have created a GUI in MATLAB's guide application. In the GUI I am appearing on the screen a frame from a camera by pushing a button. My problem that sometimes the application works fine, but some others something is going wrong and I get the following error message: ??? Assignment has more non-singleton rhs dimensions than non-singleton subscripts Error in ==> LEDsFinal>txtGrabFrame_Callback at 164 A(width, i, Blue) = abs(fread(portCMU, 1, 'uint8'))/255; What does the error message mean? What seems to be the problem? How can I overco...