Cut Midi file - what software helps?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I have a midifile (for a mobile phone ringtone.)

I want to cut off some of the beginning to shorten the file.
What software works for that? I prefer a free demo or shareware.

Thx,

PM
0
Reply petermeier999 1/12/2004 12:21:23 PM

See related articles to this posting

Peter Meier wrote:
> I have a midifile (for a mobile phone ringtone.)
>
> I want to cut off some of the beginning to shorten the file.
> What software works for that? I prefer a free demo or shareware.

GNMIDI Shareware, demo at http://www.gnmidi.com
      copies part of midi song into new file

G�nter

0
Reply ISO 1/12/2004 12:36:55 PM

Harping MIDI allows you to crop a file, you can also delete tracks and
notes you don't want, a new version is coming with fixed edit/copy/paste
functions.
javier.

http://www.harpingmidi.com/download.html

Peter Meier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a midifile (for a mobile phone ringtone.)
>
> I want to cut off some of the beginning to shorten the file.
> What software works for that? I prefer a free demo or shareware.
>
> Thx,
>
> PM

0
Reply HarpingMIDI 1/12/2004 1:40:31 PM
comp.music.midi 2971 articles. 23 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Help converting Cubase Audio Falcon song file to MIDI file
Well, my Falcon appears to have finally died today. :-(( I was trying to run Cubase Audio, and I got a message that there was no key (aka 'dongle') inserted in the cartridge port. The dongle _was_ there, but that error message happens every once in a while due to age and dirt on the contacts I suppose (even though I've cleaned them). So, I turned it OFF, re-inserted the dongle, powerd back up, and then... nothing. Dead bird. I get no video. I do hear the internal drive start to spin up, and the power LED comes on, and stays on, but that's it. No other activity. I haven&...

Help
Hi all ,,, first sorry my bad english , but i'll try to find ,in the net ,some software that shows me a "virtual piano"(keybords) , whem the midi is playing........ some thing like this one : http://www.harmony-central.com/Software/Windows/ScreenShots/midi-guitar-chord-finder.gif ...... this is from guitar ,I need keyboard... the "piano roll up" from Cakewalk is difficult to see the chords.......... I need some one shows the keys be pressing..... like whem we see some musician plays.... If you know some software , please ,,, send me the link Thx a lot Alex Braz...

Program for cutting up MIDI files
A custom program for cutting out portions of midi files is: http://www.cellspark.com/MidiCutter.html It's written in Java so will run on Win/Linux/Apple Regards Colin ...

software for creating help files
hi, how are you creating the help files for you application? thank you yavuz bogazci <yonthebeach@googlemail.com> skrev i melding news:1133537223.586733.153180@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi, > > how are you creating the help files for you application? > > thank you > yavuz bogazci > http://www.helpandmanual.com On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 11:55:10 -0500, "yonthebeach@googlemail.com" <yonthebeach@googlemail.com> wrote: >hi, > >how are you creating the help files for you application? > >thank you >yav...

New midi file combining software
'MidiJoiner' is a new utility for joining sequences of midi files together in order to create tune compilations. It's primarily designed to create ringtone medleys. It's written in Java so is cross-platform. Download at: http://www.cellspark.com/MidiJoiner.html Regards The product author ...

Help capturing MIDI stream to file ...
Hi all, I'm trying to capture MIDI data from a Yamaha keyboard to a MIDI file. If I first get the MidiDevice for the Yamaha (the "YAMAHA CBX Driver") and hook this up to the default synthesizer, it plays on the computer great. However, if I try to dump it into a sequencer first and then play from the sequencer, it fails with a NullPointerException. Essence of the code is below. What am I doing wrong? Gerald. MidiDevice cbxa = getMidiDevice("YAMAHA CBX Driver"); cbxa.open(); Sequencer sqr = MidiSystem.getSequencer(); sqr.open(...

MIDI file volume
I wonder if you can help me. I have a couple of MIDI files that I want to use on my phone but when I play them the volume level is very low. Obviously I can increase the volume level on my phone but that affects everything rather than just that the quiet MIDI files. Does anyone know of any free software I can download that will allow me to increase the volume of a MIDI file and then save it again so that the MIDI file is now saved with a higher volume level? Is there any other way I can achieve this? I hope you can help me. I appreciate any help or information given. Thanks! -- -...

help me to sheet music or midi files
Please help me to the midi files or the sheet music of the following numbers Early in the morning bij Van Morrison Just the Blues and i am gonne fishing from Dr John Thanks in advance Rene ...

New midi file combining software
'MidiJoiner' is a shareware utility for joining sequences of midi files together in order to create tune compilations. It's primarily designed to create ringtone medleys. It's written in Java so is cross-platform. Download at: http://www.cellspark.com/MidiJoiner.html Regards The product author ...

Is there MIDI software to help learn keyboard playing?
I'd like to learn to play the keyboard - the aim being to buy a keyboard, plug it into my laptop, eventually download my favourite tunes to my laptop in MIDI format and learn to play them. Is there MIDI software that EASILY teaches one to play MIDI tracks e.g. displaying a keyboard where the keys "light up" for any MIDI track? I'm new to MIDI, so am open to suggestions here. The fineprint is that I would prefer to stick with Linux (Ubuntu) sotware if possible. Thanks. Piano Wizard It's NOT just a kids game. (themes can be changed). There is no more effective teaching ...

Help: How to create a midi file using C?
1.I am considering doing a midi file generator for my 4th year project in B.SC. 2.I would do it using c language, but i'm not sure abou t the level of difficulyt involved 3.Basically, the executable c program would read a text document with some "musical pseudocode" representing some `tune`. Then convert the "musical pseudocode" into "midi code" that could be played in any midi player like `windows media player`. 4.How would you do this? 5.I hear that you could use `truncated fourier series`; but how to do this? 6.Also, how to re-create various mus...

Help, software for reading/editing Windows files
There are some (MS-DOS) softweres that are able to read/edit Windows files. I need this because I got My Documents blocked when I reinstaled Windows and it deleted my account (with password) but left My Documents. Now I can't enter My Documents, because computer says Access denied (because of account password). So my question is: What is the name of that kind of (MS-DOS) program or is there any other way to access My Documents (which are under password). It would help me a lot if anybody knows how to solve the problem because in there is everything I got on my PC so it's quite import...

Help, software for reading (editing) Windows files
There are some (MS-DOS) softweres that are able to read/edit Windows files. I need this because I got My Documents blocked when I reinstaled Windows and it deleted my account (with password) but left My Documents. Now I can't enter My Documents, because computer says Access denied (because of account password). So my question is: What is the name of that kind of (MS-DOS) program or is there any other way to access My Documents (which are under password). It would help me a lot if anybody knows how to solve the problem because in there is everything I got on my PC so it's quite import...

Help, software for reading/editing Windows files
There are some (MS-DOS) programs/(softwers) that are able to read/edit Windows files. I need this because I got My Documents blocked when I reinstaled Windows and it deleted my account (with password) but left My Documents. Now I can't enter My Documents, because computer says Access denied (because of account password). So my question is: What is the name of that kind of (MS-DOS) program or is there any other way to access My Documents (which are under password). It would help me a lot if anybody knows how to solve the problem because in there is everything I got on my PC so ...

need help with apple MIDI audio hardware/software
OK, my goal is to play the sounds/instruments from Music Studio 2.0 for the Apple IIgs with a keyboard, live. I have an apple IIgs, an M-audio Oxygen 8 25-key midi controller, one of those 1-in, 1-out "Apple MIDI Interface" boxes, and a copy of Activision's "Music Studio 2.0". how do i get this stuff to work together? is there a simple way to test whether or not my MIDI interface box works? is my interface good enough for what i want to do, or should i look for something like an Opcode Studio+2 ? i am confused by the 2gs BIOS setup, where you can set the slots to &q...

[ANN] Gallery of help files made with Dr.Explain software
Cognitive Force Group presents The Gallery of Software Manuals Created with Dr.Explain software: http://www.drexplain.com/help_authoring_samples Professional help authoring with Dr.Explain software gets faster than ever! -- Dennis Crane ___________________________ Dr.Explain : documenting your software in minutes http://www.drexplain.com/ ...

Please help: I need to create a midi file using C language
1.I am considering doing a simple midi file generator for my 4th year project in B.SC. 2.I would do it using c language, but i'm not sure how difficult it would be. 3.Basically, the executable c program would read a text document with some "musical pseudocode" representing some `tune`. Then convert the "musical pseudocode" into "midi code" that could be played in any midi player like `windows media player`. 4.How would you do this? 5.I hear that you could use `truncated fourier series`; but how to do this? 6.Also, how to re-create various musial in...

Some software companies miight have considered this while setting up their help files//and business plan etc.
... If the help files and tutorials were complete, easy and accurate.... so that the customerrs could buy the software out of the box and run with it.... then no 2,000 dollar a year maintenance fees would be required...with access to the help desk etc... just occasional minor upgrades ....... not saleable by themselves for a third the original cost of the software ... so the help desk is made into a vital component of the business model... If simple video's were made of each new release in operation, easy to produce with streaming screen shots.. then a person wanting to do a set ...

Mpeg2 Quicktime files : no sound on Mac / Or in Final Cut Pro
Ok - I hope someone can help me with this because I have been wrestling with this issue for about a week. So I am trying to edit some trailers (working on my editing reel) and msuic videos, montage pieces etc. I finally found an application that will rip DVD's (that I already own - for the record) and that will convert entire movies into a single file. The program I found that seems to work the best is Magic DVD Ripper. This app works pretty damn good for ripping DVDs. I have several options available that will allow various compression levels, format encode choices, all resulting in va...

which bunner software support foreign language character set for file name?-help !!
Hi expert. I have some mp3 songs with different file name in Greek, Chinese, Japanese and Swedish. I use Easy CD creator 4.0 but it doesn't recognize any those file with foreign language. I just want to simply put files on CD so my mp3 player can play, I don't want to convert to old fashion CD audio. I tried Nero 5.5.10, CD mate, and RecordNow (the latest one!). None of them can recognize files for creating CD. I fool around all formats, all kinds ISO, Joliet. Nothing works ! Help ! Help ! I just want to copy these files to a CD. What burner software does that?? I ...

Help Need Oak Technologies CDR Software SimpliCd to deCode .OIF file
I Lost CDR Software Now I cant burn the image file Oak Been Bought out by someone called Zoran and Can't get anywhere with Them. thanks Tom -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ .. -------------------------------------- Mike Richter, were you born with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face? -------------------------------------- Drizzt wrote: > > I Lost CDR Software Now I cant burn the image file Oak Been Bought out by > someone called Zoran and Can't get anywh...

� HELP: What is the BEST Automated Back-Up Software? Need something that copies invisible files, makes an exact duplicate of your HD, keeps the copy BOOTABLE, and is easy to use and automated..
� HELP: What is the BEST Automated Back-Up Software? Need something that copies invisible files, makes an exact duplicate of your HD, keeps the copy BOOTABLE, and is easy to use and automated... "just click a button". -- ---------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via UsenetRevolution.com - Revolutionary Usenet ** HIGH RETENTION ** Specializing in Large Binaries Downloads ** http://www.UsenetRevolution.com In article <joe-24ED0A.15570029012005@news.UsenetRevolution.com>, Joe <joe@joe.puck> wrote: > � HELP: Wha...

� HELP: What is the BEST Automated Back-Up Software? Need something that copies invisible files, makes an exact duplicate of your HD, keeps the copy BOOTABLE, and is easy to use and automated... "jus
� HELP: What is the BEST Automated Back-Up Software? Need something that copies invisible files, makes an exact duplicate of your HD, keeps the copy BOOTABLE, and is easy to use and automated... "just click a button". -- ---------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via UsenetRevolution.com - Revolutionary Usenet ** HIGH RETENTION ** Specializing in Large Binaries Downloads ** http://www.UsenetRevolution.com Joe wrote: > � HELP: What is the BEST Automated Back-Up Software? > > Need something that copies invisible file...

Help with the Help file
Distributing a new version of my application, I found out that the application can't find its help file any more, and I have to use the browse button to get into the Installation directory where the help file is (together with the .exe). I did not change anything, so I don't understand why this happens. In my program, the Help is accessed via the following instructions: procedure TMainForm.HelpBtnClick(Sender: TObject); begin Application.HelpFile := 'MyAppl.hlp'; Application.HelpCommand(HELP_FINDER, 0); end; Have you any idea ? On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 1...