Free and Open Source MIDI songs (ressources) 66884

Dear Group,

developers of free and open software (cf. Wikipedia: Free Software)
often face problems when they need ressources for background music. To
be able to distribute music with free software, the music has to be
licensed in a propper way (like GNU GPL).

As we can render nice music from MIDI sources (e.g. with timidity), I
wonder if there is a collection of free (like in freedom) MIDI files
(like creative commons)?

Otherwise I shall opt starting such kind of collection myself.

In case you created some MIDI files yourself (this is important) and
the composer is either dead for more than 100 years (or it is you!),
then these files might be interesting.

Any volunteers? The widest range of freedom is provided by the GNU
General Public Licence which allows the contribution for any means and
even the alternation and spreading of modified songs - as long as the
file is kept under this free license, and all major changes are logged
including their auctors. This secures that your name will stay attached
to the song. Otherwise you can publish the song as public domain - then
you loose any copyrights and the data can be spread without naming you.

IANAL - so please correct me, where I might have been unprecise. Thanks
for your attention,

with kind regards
Ralf.

0
ralf (1)
8/6/2006 10:51:19 AM
comp.music.midi 2995 articles. 23 followers. Post Follow

wx_eclipse_cdt-2.6: Built wxWidgets source on Linux using Eclipse IDE w/CDT
Just to inform anybody who cares, I've managed to build the entire wxWidgets source code in an Eclipse workspace. I did it (and it can be done) in exactly the way that you'd expect and want: as a real Eclipse project. That is, it uses Managed Makefiles, not Standard Makefiles, so the user can add, remove and browse individual source files, compiler options, linker options and Eclipse configurations. To reiterate, this isn't just a call-out to the existing makefile or building a wxWidgets project using pre-built wxWidget libraries. This is building the entire wxW...

FREE Tutorials on HTML XHTML CSS JavaScript XML XSL ASP SQL ADO VBScript, SAP
access all computer tutorials for free visit http://freecomputertutorialz1.blogspot.com/ ...

FREE DOWNLOAD Video Games Wii #4
You can find may information about video games nintendo wii Including review of PS2 Video Games, Xbox, PSP, Nintendo. It's all here completely. http://www.videogames-101.com I'm confident you'll find my website very helpful! Cheers, Ridody Ridody - Supervisor ...

Free Rotate to Normal
In Photoshop, you can run a line along a skewed edge, then select Rotate from the menu. The difference of the angle you just drew to normality is inserted automatically into the angle box. Is there a way to do this in PSP? Thx. "M Barnes" <michael.barnes@tns.not> wrote in message news:OrKdnZF4RZFqGXzdRVn-vg@comcast.com... > In Photoshop, you can run a line along a skewed edge, > then select Rotate from the menu. The difference of the > angle you just drew to normality is inserted automatically > into the angle box. Is there a way to do this in PSP? Thx. > >...

get a free domain , free design , and free host #3
get a free domain , free design , and free host http://freedesignandhost.co.cc/ get a free domain , free design , and free host http://freedesignandhost.co.cc/free-design.php http://freedesignandhost.co.cc/free-host.php http://freedesignandhost.co.cc/free-domain.php ...

[News] GNU/Linux and Free Software Fuel Startups

New Free Sites for gamers of all levels! 96240
I have created several game sites that contain all kinds of information about games, gamers and gaming. Please check them out and let me know what you think! http://gameneedle.com http://gamebrainy.com http://gamedisease.com http://gameperformers.com )bMv^/kzq/vIGrgw=.g/he@FZ ...

Oracle JDeveloper 10g Preview available for Free download
Oracle today released a preview version of Oracle JDeveloper 10g. It's next generation Java tool. Oracle JDeveloper 10g delivers an easier way to create standard J2EE applications that can be deployed on any J2EE server and any database. It's built in framework Oracle ADF uses an MVC approach to create applications visually and declaratively. Some of the innovative features include: Visual page flow design for Struts. One click deploy to Oracle Application Server, BEA Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat. Visual layout editor for JSP, HTML, and Swing. Drag and Drop data-binding between UI (JSP a...

Free online Games play and free download
Free online Games play and free download - Intelligent games www.freeonlinegames.c-o.in ...

Can Not Open Database
I have a database that raises an error when you try to open it and it doesn't open. Trying to open the database with the OpenDatabase method raises the same error. Trying to import any objects (tables, queies, forms, etc) from the database raises the same error. Trying to link to the tables in the database raises the same error. I am guessing there is an autoexec macro or code in the open event of the opening form that contains the error. Holding down the shift key does not seem to bypass the startup settings. 1. Is there any way from an external database to look at the properties...

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'yprime.mexw32'
Hi Everyone, I would like to use matlab compiler to convert matlab code to c/c++ code, but I found the error when I try to setup MEX : >> mex yprime.c LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'yprime.mexw32' C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2011B\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Link of 'yprime.mexw32' failed. Error using mex (line 206) Unable to complete successfully. Here, I use Matlab R2011b and Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate included with SDK 7.1. Thanks in advance "lina " <livangellista@yahoo.com> wrote in message <jhe7fb$htg$1@newscl01ah.ma...

Any Free AntiVirus SW ?
Hi, Is there a good free anti-virus software for windows i.e. one which is free for forever (not just for 1 month or so). Some of my friends tell me that Norton says it will expire after the free trial but actually u can keep using it ? thx, Jan You can get 'AVG Anti-Virus Free Edtion' from Grisoft. All updates are free for the lifetime of the product (after which, just upgrade to the latest free edition). Heres a link to the Free Editions page: http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/ I use this and have no problems. Hope this helps. Tarl mnj1x napsal(a): > Hi, > > ...

free Publisher
For those of you interested in a free copy of MS Publisher (I know . . . but still, it's free!), you can register for it by following this link: http://mspublisher.saltmine.com/ Keith. ...

free datasheet serch site
announce for an utter stranger about this site please understand about my topi free IC datasheet search site and free download IC PD if you wanna get datasheet connet this site and download datasheet files for free! URL of this site ===> http://www.alldatasheet.co -- have a good time max1111 wrote: > announce for an utter stranger about this site! > > please understand about my topic > > free IC datasheet search site and free download IC PDF > > if you wanna get datasheets > > connet this site and download datasheet files for free!! > > URL of t...

try this! free free free
http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47059143 ...

[News] Free Software Advocacy Advice, "Open Source" Continues to Lose Meaning
How to turn into Free Software supporters people who couldn't care less ,----[ Quote | My suggestions may seem unconventional and may even sound like heresy for | some Free Software advocates, but I am convinced they can be very effective. `---- http://digifreedom.net/node/103 Open Source Sex ,----[ Quote | You know a term has permeated society when... | | The San Francisco Chronicle Online has, to my surprise, a column called Open | Source Sex. `---- http://technocrat.net/d/2008/1/12/33737 Related: Forrester: Open source apps lag behind Linux in the enterprise ,----[ Quote ...

The worlds largest FREE jobs and resume database!
The worlds largest FREE jobs and resume database! Employers search resumes and post jobs FREE. Jobseekers post resumes and search jobs FREE. http://www.freewebs.com/eeyes/ ...

[News] Asia Praises Free Software, Which is Claimed More Secure

Low tech mains-free network
Three (house) boats... low tech, urban nomadic, low cost... want to share ADSL. They are within 120 metres of each other (not in one line and could choose for wireless - but it's more expensive and depends on power for wifi - or cables, but these have to be water and weather resistant. Which is best/easiest/cheapest Are there (inexpensive) cables that can be laid under water or should we be looking at wifi? Rgds Martin ...

open-sourced FPGA (vhdl, verilog, C variants) design libraries, working toward a GNU (for hardware) paradigm
has anyone in the dig. design and reconfig. computing community looked seriously at open source hardware design libraries, working toward a hardware paradigm similar to that in the open source software community? I am aware of the existence of opencores.org, but this seems like a small first step, of which many more could be taken toward improving the availability and ease of access and use of open source logic designs. does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge or any thing to say about an open source hardware paradigm? thanks, Geoffrey Wall Masters Student in Electrical/Computer Engin...

[News] Open Source DRM Comes from Startup
Open source DRM is the elephant in the room ,----[ Quote ] | Mobile phone podcasting start-up Melodeo Inc has announced that it | is creating a new initiative to develop open source digital rights | management technology. `---- http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=07BBDA64-C9F3-44CA-9E90-5320F1820C29 Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Open source DRM is the elephant in the room > > ,----[ Quote ] > | Mobile phone podcasting start-up Melodeo Inc has announced that it > | is creating a new initiative to develop open source digital rights > | management technology. > `---...

FAQ 5.16: How can I open a file with a leading ">" or trailing blanks?
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.16: How can I open a file with a leading ">" or trailing blanks? Normally perl ignores trailing blanks in filenames, and interprets certain leading characters (or a trailing "|") to mean something special. The three argument form of open()...

Preventing a form from opening a second time
I have a form that assists me with programming tasks, and I would like to make sure it does not open a second time. Using a script, I am familiar with doing something like the following ( I am typing this off the top of head, so it is not syntax checked ) stFormname=":ztools:\\coding\\pickfields.fsl" stTitle = "Pick Field Utility" if not f.attach(stTitleOfForm) then f.open(stFormname) endif And that would be fine, except, as part of my issue, I would like the code to be *inside* the form itself, not in an external script. I ended up figuring out...

iPod Photo for free
http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=11380836 Same company that was giving away ipods (as seen on TechTV's 'The Screen Savers') is doing the same for the new iPod Photos. Check out the forums at gearlive.com for more info. C Junk Mail above. ...

open a jframe using a button
ok, I believe you will find this easy,I've created 2 jframes in the same package testForum and addForum,what I'm trying to do is open/call addForum from a button intestForum, they are both in the same package, and I've use NetBeans tocreate them.can you help me please iszekeell@gmail.com wrote:> ok, I believe you will find this easy,> I've created 2 jframes in the same package testForum and addForum,> what I'm trying to do is open/call addForum from a button in> testForum, they are both in the same package, and I've use NetBeans to> create them.> can y...