midi and yamaha p250 - help

I am hoping to find a midi guru that can help me with
recording on the yamaha p250 stage piano.  I can play
midi's from my computer thru the yamaha, but now I would
like to record them ( on the yamaha ) as they are played.

I have tried various midi settings and was able to get
a single track, but I am having difficulty getting the rest of
the tracks.  Can the yamaha record multiple tracks from a computer all at
once ?
or must I try and record 1 at a time ?
(which I can't figure out how to do  yet )

I am using band-in-a-box software to create accomp. and
I would like to store them as songs to play along with when
I play at special events.

Thanks in advance

Jim

0
jimz
5/8/2007 5:24:22 PM
comp.music.midi 2995 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Need game port for midi app
I have a Sony laptop and would like to connect midi to it. I use the game port on my desk top to run midi but my laptop doesn't have a game port. I have PCMI slots and am wondering if it is possible to use those. Is that the way to go? If so, what do I need to do to do it? thanks, dave ...

FA: CM LAbs MotorMix MIDI fader pack
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41784&item=3731920609 ...

VB Midi VB Midi VB Midi VB Midi VB Midi Midi Midi Midi
Midi Midi Midi Midi Midi Midi Midi Midi VB6 Direct3D VB6 Direct3D VB6 Direct3D VB6 Direct3D Visual Basic Source code to run All Sound Functions Operates in DirectX7 DirectX8 DirectX9 Direct3D 10 Direct3D 11 Full MiDi Mapping Functions, MultiMedia Sound And Video MiDI, Wave, Mod, MPG3, MPG4 Formats Builtin Sine, Square, Triangle, Square Wave Oscilators Complete sound Recording and Playback Functions http://www.binaural.info/vbsndpro/vbsndpro.htm ...

Grid based drum editor that can midi sync
Anybody know of a good simple stand-alone grid based drum editor that can chase midi ?? I have an old copy of drummer 2.0 - great program but it wont midi 'chase' when being remotely midi sync'd ( start stop only - no midi chase ). I have a laptop that is connected to a proteus procussion module and a dr880 - it's nice to be able to create the patterns on the fly using sounds from both sound modules. I have a tascam 2488 that drives the remote laptop via midi start/stop/cont/chase. Thanks, Dave ...

Questions about MIDI
Does anyone here understand the MIDI format? I know how to convert MIDI files to text but am unsure how to extract the data I need. In essence I would like to come-up with a cross-reference table or a way to know how to convert MIDI notes, duration, octave and pauses from a defined channel to a text string that can be played on a 128K via the PLAY command or a text string that can be used to play the tune with the BEEP command or both. I know MIDI files can be complicated, but if I record a tune on a keyboard and use just one instrument, no overlapping of notes and save it in format 0 i.e. ge...

MIDI
Hi All, I hear (but don't know if it's true) 10.3 includes a hidden MIDI 'keyboard' of some sorts... Does anyone know if it's true, and if so, where it might be found? Thanks! Erik Erik <erik@mydeja.com> wrote: > I hear (but don't know if it's true) 10.3 includes a hidden MIDI > 'keyboard' of some sorts... There is a GM (General Midi) soundset built in. You can access this from more or less expensive applications. Try "iPiano", which you can download from Apple. V. -- email: lastname at cs utk edu homepage: www cs utk edu til...

midi how-to ?
Anyone have a pointer to how to use play midi files on FreeBSD 4.8 ? I have sound working, by putting device pcm in the kernel file. I have read and write access /dev/sequencer but I can't seem to play any midi. Actually, that's not quite true. I can use timidity to play a midi file, but it looks like that is doing some kind of translation on the fly and feeding it to dsp. I was actually hoping to be able to create midi too... Any wisdom appreciated. ...

Finding Midi for my new Nokia
Hi. I was looking for a website with a midi section, and they send me a link ( http://www.drawy.net/Hp/Dwn/midi/midi.html ). It's a very good archive, even if it's not too complete. The problem is that I didn't find the latest ones (those ones we can find on Radio Top10). Can you send me other links where I can find free midi? Thanks! stitchy@infinito.it (Vanja) wrote in message news:<186014a3.0410280349.2713bd46@posting.google.com>... > Hi. I was looking for a website with a midi section, and they send me > a link ( http://www.drawy.net/Hp/Dwn/midi/midi.html ). It'...

Mega 4/Notator and dodgy MIDI
I've a Mega 4 with Link 97 and HDDriver 8.03 that I've been using for Notator SL. It has run perfectly for ages. I recently put an Xtra RAM board in it, and upgraded the TOS to 2.06. I ran it a few sessions since with no problems. Now, out of the blue, the MIDI flow is just all screwed up. Notes cut short, hang, and boggle to heck and back. This is playing live via MIDI thru, or when playing back sequences that worked just fine for ever and ever. These problems persist with any of the inputs/outputs, including those from Unitor II. Have checked for loop back possibilities and eli...

sounds for MIDI synths
If you were around in the late 1980s and early 1990s you may remember Cesium Sound full page ads in Keyboard and Electronic Musician, or you may have gotten a famous "blue flyer". Sound libraries are still available on Sysex disks for ESQ-1, SQ-80, TX81Z, D-50, D-550, VFX, VFXSD, SD-1, Proteus/1, Proteus/2. Also sounds for Wavestation, 01/W, SY-85 and JD-990. http://www.cesiumsound.com/ ...

.AY to MIDI
Hi! Does anybody know any program, which can help me to convert ripped music of my ZX games from AY format into MIDI. I have such that converts in into WAV, but I don't need it. I want to play that music on a Pocket PC PDA. Maybe, somebody knows a program, which coverts WV to MIDI or simply an AY-player for Pocket PC? Extra-J "Extra-J" <bitlomania@ukr.net> wrote in message news:<bffp3m$9on$1@news.ukr.net>... > Hi! > Does anybody know any program, which can help me to convert ripped music of > my ZX games from AY format into MIDI. I have such that converts...

Roland GI-10, Yamaha G-50
I see these regularly on eBay, and they seem to do about the same thing (for my interest anyway: accept microphone input, convert it to midi). Are they roughly comparable? I can find next to no discussion of them via Google. Any reason to prefer one or the other? -- John Rethorst jrethorst at post dot com The yamaha G-50 is still being sold. Current price, about $540, while the Roland gi 10 has not been made for quite a while and sold at around $300 new. The gi 10 does also have the ability to run off a mic by voice. Do not think the yamaha g50 can do it, as no mention of it in t...

Best usage of MIDI
MIDI cannot win An actual performance , Because I think that midi is the machine program on the computer. but,machine program also has a wonderful things. for example, At the time of Making song and you want listen the making song on computer, it reproduces one ,correctly early. which do you like an actual performance music or midi music? tomo4456 wrote: >MIDI cannot win An actual performance , >Because I think that midi is the machine program on the computer. > >but,machine program also has a wonderful things. > >for example, >At the time of Making song and you want ...

[ANN] MidiToX 1.0: MIDI to WAV, MIDI to MP3, MIDI to OGG and MIDI to WMA made easy!
MidiToX http://www.miditox.com/ provides an innovative, convenient solution to the old problem of turning MIDI music into an audio format which can be burnt to conventional audio CDs (WAV), uploaded to a web site for consistent, high quality playback or carried around with a portable player (MP3, OGG, WMA). Using the free MidiToX client, you connect to our server, upload MID and RMI files and get back high quality audio files on the desired format (WAV, MP3, OGG or WMA). All audio processing is done by the server. The MIDI files are played on digital GS hardware and the audio ...

What are a decent midi program??
Hy, I would like to know what are the best program to compose MIDI, that isn't Cubase, please, and that is easy to use. It's so many time that I searched resultless. Please answer me. Thanks Hi, > Please answer me. Cakewalk ? with best regards Norbert ...

My New Midi Interface
Hello, For a long time ago I have wanted to start making music using samples of real sounds. I finally bought myself a MIDI interface for my computer. However, one thing is concerning me about this. The first thing I tested with my MIDI keyboard interface is a VSTi synthesizer that comes with REAPER. It is mentioned in the REAPER help file about how to work with MIDI. I think it is called ReaSynth. My concern is that it would make the sound only about a half a second after pushing the key on the piano. To me this is quite a bit of latency. I was expecting it to be immediat...

rosegarden linux usb midi
Hi, i have a problem, i would like to be able to use a midi keyboard, with either my desktop or my notebook through linux and rosegarden... but i am a bit of a newbie in this area, and have much difficulty to figure out, how to set this up, especially to know which hardware to buy. Actually i thought of midi keyboard. A large one, at least 70 or more keys. I found something like CME UF8 or UF7, providing such keyboard, but then a card could be put inside the keyboard ? i have never seen that before, and bet i will still need some stuff either for my notebook or my desktop to get all midi g...

Massediting of a MIDI-File
Hallo, the main problem of this posting is for me, that I do not the technical terms in my mothertongue (German). So I am afraid, it will be more hard to understand in English, what I want. I am looking for a software, where I can change the notes, which have a special place in a measure. For example, I want to change the velocity of all Notes in every measure at beat number 4 to the value 100. Another example, I want to move all notes in every measure on beat number 3 for 4 ticks after the beat. I am using samplitude SE or cubase LE. There I have to click on every note. I want something...

midi??
hello everybody ,i wish to gather a tiny tidbit of personal info.. how many of us in the atari field use midi on the machines? i am writing midi program and want suggestions and beta -testers. charles On 19 Mar 2006 12:31:41 , "gfa midi charles" wrote: >hello everybody ,i wish to gather a tiny tidbit of personal info.. > >how many of us in the atari field use midi on the machines? > >i am writing midi program and want suggestions and beta -testers. > >charles > > >. I use midi on my Falcon and 1040STe. Cubase Audio Falcon and ...

Playing a midi in midp (J2ME).
Hi- The topic says what I am trying to do- simply play a midi on a midp device (my cell phone). From searching the web, I see that I probably should use "Player player = Manager.createPlayer()". I tried this, but get the error message ALERT: Native method 'com/sun/midp/main/Configuration::getProperty0' not found I got the midp sources and found com.sun.midp.main.Configuration, and it is a native encoded class (in c). getProperty0 there. I don't know why my ide (Netbeans) does not find it. I grep'ed through J2ME and found getProperties0 in bin/zayit.dll...

[ANN] MidiToX 1.0: MIDI to WAV, MIDI to MP3, MIDI to OGG and MIDI to WMA made easy!
MidiToX http://www.miditox.com/ provides an innovative, convenient solution to the old problem of turning MIDI music into an audio format which can be burnt to conventional audio CDs (WAV), uploaded to a web site for consistent, high quality playback or carried around with a portable player (MP3, OGG, WMA). Using the free MidiToX client, you connect to our server, upload MID and RMI files and get back high quality audio files on the desired format (WAV, MP3, OGG or WMA). All audio processing is done by the server. The MIDI files are played on digital GS hardware and the audio ...

Outputting raw MIDI in realtime on Linux
I'm trying to output raw, realtime MIDI data (as in note on, note off, etc) in Linux from Python, and I want the easiest way to do it. I've been banging my head on the wall about this for quite some time. The reason for this is to reinvent the old vkeybd application, but it's just me screwing around, so not worth the time doing it in C or creating a whole whack of supporting libraries. What I have so far is vkeybd outputting to Qsynth (via an ALSA VirMidi) to pulseaudio, playing some lovely grand piano. I want to replace vkeybd with a Python program of my own design. Using Qsy...

Yamaha MU-90R MIDI ports
I recently purchased an MU-90R, hoping to use it as not only a tone generator, but as a MIDI interface for my laptop. The diagrams in the manual imply that this should be possible, but it ain't working. What I'd like to do is the box's MIDI out as the MIDI out to my other instruments; and then use the MIDI In B as the input from my keyboard. (I use my own software to handle sequencing and routing, etc.) I'm using the Yamaha CBX drivers on a Win 98 machine; multiport is enabled; the Host switch is set to PC-2. Bute when I send data to any of the 5 driver ports.. nothin...

MIDI Editor?
I'm looking for a really simple (Panther) app to edit a MIDI file for use as a ringtone on my mobile phone. The only thing I need to do is cut off a few seconds at the beginning of the music. TIA! Michael Kallweitt wrote: > I'm looking for a really simple (Panther) app to edit a MIDI file for > use as a ringtone on my mobile phone. > > The only thing I need to do is cut off a few seconds at the beginning of > the music. I've been hoping for a reply to your question as well as I want to do much of the same thing; edit a few ringtone MIDI files, like cut off ...

MIDI OUT transmitter not available?
I don't get this, it was working before, but then my program quasi-randomly stopped playing sound, and started instead of giving me an error message: javax.sound.midi.MidiUnavailableException: MIDI OUT transmitter not available at com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDevice.createTransmitter(AbstractMidiDevice.java:444) at com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDevice.getTransmitter(AbstractMidiDevice.java:299) I am trying to write a sound/music system for a game, and I want it to be reusable for other programs that I make (probably other games). I have created a Note class and a Mid...