midi and yamaha p250 - help

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am hoping to find a midi guru that can help me with
recording on the yamaha p250 stage piano.  I can play
midi's from my computer thru the yamaha, but now I would
like to record them ( on the yamaha ) as they are played.

I have tried various midi settings and was able to get
a single track, but I am having difficulty getting the rest of
the tracks.  Can the yamaha record multiple tracks from a computer all at
once ?
or must I try and record 1 at a time ?
(which I can't figure out how to do  yet )

I am using band-in-a-box software to create accomp. and
I would like to store them as songs to play along with when
I play at special events.

Thanks in advance

Jim

0
Reply jimz 5/8/2007 5:24:22 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.music.midi 2971 articles. 23 followers. Post

VB Midi VB Midi VB Midi VB Midi VB Midi Midi Midi Midi
Midi Midi Midi Midi Midi Midi Midi Midi VB6 Direct3D VB6 Direct3D VB6 Direct3D VB6 Direct3D Visual Basic Source code to run All Sound Functions Operates in DirectX7 DirectX8 DirectX9 Direct3D 10 Direct3D 11 Full MiDi Mapping Functions, MultiMedia Sound And Video MiDI, Wave, Mod, MPG3, MPG4 Formats Builtin Sine, Square, Triangle, Square Wave Oscilators Complete sound Recording and Playback Functions http://www.binaural.info/vbsndpro/vbsndpro.htm ...

Yamaha S90 midi/USB ???
Hello, I have connected a Yamaha S90 with an USB cable to my PC. After installing the drivers there are some midi ports available in Windows. Now I try to produce some sound from the S90 to my PC or I try to play a midi file from my computer on the Yamaha S90. But nothing happens at all. My questions: - How can I use the yamaha to send midi notes to my computer? (to record with an external program like cubase). - Is it possible to send midi files from my computer to the internal storage of the S90? (I also have a smartmedia card installed) Thanx in advance for your replies! ...

[ANN] MidiToX 1.0: MIDI to WAV, MIDI to MP3, MIDI to OGG and MIDI to WMA made easy!
MidiToX http://www.miditox.com/ provides an innovative, convenient solution to the old problem of turning MIDI music into an audio format which can be burnt to conventional audio CDs (WAV), uploaded to a web site for consistent, high quality playback or carried around with a portable player (MP3, OGG, WMA). Using the free MidiToX client, you connect to our server, upload MID and RMI files and get back high quality audio files on the desired format (WAV, MP3, OGG or WMA). All audio processing is done by the server. The MIDI files are played on digital GS hardware and the audio is transferre...

[...]

yamaha shs 10e and midi channels
I've just started using an old yamaha shs 10e to send midi signals to my keyboard. Does anyone know which channels the shs 10e uses for its pitch bend, sustain, tremelo etc'. any help appreciated. cheers dw "dwdw1" <david@dwdw1.com> wrote in message news:1159305976.936407.286680@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > I've just started using an old yamaha shs 10e to send midi signals to > my keyboard. Does anyone know which channels the shs 10e uses for its > pitch bend, sustain, tremelo etc'. > any help appreciated. > cheers > dw > I don`t th...

sending midi commands to a Yamaha sequencer
I'm playing around with an old Yamaha QY-20... I'm having no problems sending commands (from a microcontroller to the midi input) for playing notes and setting which voice to use. I was hoping to be able to trigger the patterns (i.e., drum riffs) through the midi input, but I'm now thinking that it isn't possible. I've spent some time reading the data format document (which isn't particularly clear in its information)... and I'm now thinking that the SysEx commands are only for triggering data dumps. The document is at http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/engli...

MIDI Volume in Yamaha PSR E313
Dear Friends, I connected my Yamaha PSR E313 to my PC through M-Audio MIDI to USB cable. I am able to play music and record MIDI through Ableton Live. But the velocity of each note recorded in Ableton is very low, i.e., 80 . I tried disabling touch response, harmony, reverb etc. in my keyboard, but the velocity is recorded as 80. I tried the same thing in FL Studio 6. Here too, I got low velocity recording for each key pressed in my keyboard. Is there a setting in Yamaha PSR E313 to increase the MIDI velocity for each note (say 120) ? Or, is this something to do with the MIDI cable? Any advi...

Yamaha MU-90R MIDI ports
I recently purchased an MU-90R, hoping to use it as not only a tone generator, but as a MIDI interface for my laptop. The diagrams in the manual imply that this should be possible, but it ain't working. What I'd like to do is the box's MIDI out as the MIDI out to my other instruments; and then use the MIDI In B as the input from my keyboard. (I use my own software to handle sequencing and routing, etc.) I'm using the Yamaha CBX drivers on a Win 98 machine; multiport is enabled; the Host switch is set to PC-2. Bute when I send data to any of the 5 driver ports.. nothin...

Yamaha psr4600 midi output prob
Hello NG, I have a prob with this yamaha KB: psr-4600 I tried out severel software sequencers HW config: AMD athlon1700 xp+ SB audigy 2 zs NVidia TNT2 32 MB, AGP cmedia (VIA MB) ac97 midi interface i10 e/o automatic highpoint udmactrl pci winxp prof latest patchlevel asio driver but only working @ 48 khz :) (I receive an Errormsg, that the ASIO driver could not be changed for use with 44,1 khz) easi drv wdm drv sb audigy drv directx 9.0b opto midi cable, 2m vivanco, midi out -> in midi in -> out connected the midi/game interface on audigy isn�t working, thats why I reactivated ...

Midi problems with my Yamaha PSR-500
Hi all I have a Yamaha PSR-500 which I want to connect to my computer. However i'm having a nightmare trying to get it to work. I'm having a go using Midi maestro I think its called, and using the keyboard on the screen I can make my keyboard play notes, however I can't play notes on my keyboard and get them to sound through the computer.... Is there anything I have to do to get this to work? I am a midi newbie, I think i've set the channels correctly though..... I'm wondering if my keyboard is broken If i can only receive and not send midi from it ?!? I assume that ...

Yamaha,OSX,midi,&garageband
trying to get my Yamaha psr260 to make a midi connection via a microsport uno 1x1 cable to my G4 mac and garageband? Not working! Am I missing something? Is there a website that would explain it in detail? thanks Lyndon ...

Yamaha DD55 MIDI receive problem
Hi people I'm trying to set up my Yamaha DD55 drum pads (actually a more recent model, the DD55c) to work with MIDI properly. I've got it connected to my PC's Creative Live!Drive via a pair of MIDI-to-MIDI leads, and I've also tried using a MIDI-to-gameport lead, but the results are the same. My sequencing software (Acid Pro 4) picks up data from the DD55 fine. But it's the playback that's the problem. Either it plays back using through the DD55 using that horrible default piano sound (channels 1-9), or the horrible default percussion kit (channel 10). In ot...

Yamaha PSR280 in combination with USB MIDI cable...
Hi, I have a problem regarding Yamaha PSR280 synth, using MIDI... Please if anybody could help... I'm using Yamaha PSR280 connected via "MIDI Sport UNO USB cable (www.M-audio.com)", to the laptop computer (with integrated SoundMAX Digital Audio sound card). On the laptop sode I use some software sequencer - no matter which - result is the same whichever I used. Unfortunatelly, whatever I tried so far, I couldn't make it work. :( To give some better explanation, I would give you this example: I choose to store the sequence of notes in sequencer software (all the set...

connecting Yamaha P-200 to Mac computer for MIDI
Hi, I need help connecting my Yamaha P-200 to Mac computer for input into the Finale software program via MIDI. Can anyone tell me what I need to do this?I have a Mac G4. thanks Kevin Coffey I would imagine a MIDISport Uno would work very well. ...

Yamaha Clickstation doesn't sync with MIDI IN
Hi, I have a Yamaha Clickstation and I'm quite happy with it. However, I tried to use the MIDI in to take over the bpm of Cubase SX 3.1 to record in sync with my cubase project. I have a M-Audio USB MIDISPORT 2x2 Midi-interface. I setup my Cubase that it sends out MIDI Clock to my MIDI port (LED is flashing) but my Clickstation doesn't take the tempo. It displays "STOP" and "--" in the display that's all! I tried to use the MIDI OX freeware tool to generate another MIDI clock but same result. My questions: - How EXACTLY does my clickstation synchronize to ...

Problem with Yamaha QY-100 sequencer MIDI THRU
Yesterday, I bought a Yamaha QY-100 sequencer at a store in San Francisco. It was clearly a used model, but they gave me a very good discount. I took it home and found the following problem : When I enable MIDI thru on the QY-100, MIDI signals coming to the MIDI IN don't get played back correctly at the MIDI OUT/THRU connector. The data stream get corrupt. This is very audible. My setup is as follows : 1) old PC with Music Quest MQX-16 MPU-401 compatible card 2) MIDI OUT of MQX-16 connected to MIDI IN of Yamaha QY-100 3) MIDI THRU enabled in QY-100 4) MIDI OUT/THRU of QY-100 connecte...

Sending midi songs to PC from Yamaha PSR-290 keyboard?
Hi We have a Yamaha PSR-290 keyboard, and have just bought a UX16 midi interface which I naively thought would make it easy to transfer midi files to and from the keyboard and PC (notably, recording songs played on the keyboard to memory, and then sending them to the PC for storage. Yamaha's Songfiler utility seems to make it easy to send midi files from PC -> keyboard, but not in the other direction AFAICS. Surely that can't be right? Anyone using this keyboard managed to solve it? Thanks David Lobster wrote: > Hi > We have a Yamaha PSR-290 keyboard, and have just bought...

FS: Yamaha DD-55 priced to move! MIDI out capable
I just grabbed a Yamaha DD-65 and am letting a Yamaha DD-55 DD55 go for a very good price as I no longer need it. Thanks for looking! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120237946744 ...

Midi out problem with Yamaha EZ-30 and OPL3-SA card
Hello. Hopfully sombody can help me out with this. I've got a Yamaha EZ-30 keyboard and an ordinary computer with an OPL3-SA card. When I play the keyboard the sound can be heard in the computer, but it doesn't work the other way round - no sounds from the keyboard when playing something in the computer. I've already tried two different cables, incluiding an interface that follows the specs outlined in the midi.org website, tried switching the cables, tried two different computers (Acerpower SK), and nothing helped. As I said, it works beautifully when playing FROM the keyboar...

MIDI track to midi guitar
I have a Yamaha EZ-AG "midi guitar," and I want to be able to send a single-instrument MIDI track from my PC to my Yamaha EZ-AG and have the EZ-AG play it back with whichever of the EZ-AG sounds I have selected on it, rather than the MIDI sound sent from the computer. I hope this is clear enough. I'll try and restate it: I want the computer to send the MIDI notes to the MIDI guitar, and I want the MIDI guitar to play those notes, using the guitar sounds I have chosen from the EZ-AG, rather than the MIDI instrument sent from the computer. Yamaha support have told me this isn&#...

timing accuracy of a Yamaha keyboard's MIDI sequencer
Hi there-- I've written some simple Perl scripts that can analyze midi Note On data to see how closely they match an input template over, say, 8 beats. The idea is to study my timing / consistency as a keyobard player, and see if I can tighten up my timing. Say I'm trying to play straight quarter notes. I will create a template of quarter notes over a single measure. My scirpts will take a MIDI file as input, fit each Note On data to the nearest quarter note, and continue over all the measures until I end up with 4 distributions, one for each quarter note. At each distributio...

Yamaha DGX-205 Keyboard & Linux usb-midi
I have this keyboard which has a USB interface instead of standard MIDI ports. I've used the usb driver under windws and it provides standard midi functionality (works with cakewalk), and also gives access to some flash memory for storing midi/GX files into the keyboards memory. I would like to hook this keyboard up to Linux and send information to it via pmidi/playmidi and/or access the flash memory. I am using and HP Pavillion laptop with Mandrake 10, with a 2.6.7 kernel, patched with the latest stable alsa drivers (1.0.5a). I connect the keyboard and type: modprobe usb-midi, which p...

ste znali da marc 4 midi ima 2 in midi i 2 out midi
to jest 16 puta 2 in midi ili ti 32 kanala i 16 puta 2 midi out ili ti 32 kanala + audio bla bla bla ...

MIDI-ing up Logic Platinum, QY70 and a Yamaha keyboard.(Mac set-up)
Can anyone give me a straight way of doing this? I shall be using an Edirol UA20 interface which has one in and one out. The QY70 has in and out and the Yamaha keyboard only an out. So I'm puzzled. Could the keyboard go out into the QY70 which goes out into the UA20. But how would I then get MIDI back from my Mac to the QY70? This is driving me nuts, so please help someone. Would I need to use a second interface (which on the Mac cna also go to a serial port)? Patrick. On 13 Jun 2005 08:56:44 -0700, john-tait@tiscali.co.uk wrote: >Can anyone give me a straight way of doing this? I sh...