midi and yamaha p250 - help

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am hoping to find a midi guru that can help me with
recording on the yamaha p250 stage piano.  I can play
midi's from my computer thru the yamaha, but now I would
like to record them ( on the yamaha ) as they are played.

I have tried various midi settings and was able to get
a single track, but I am having difficulty getting the rest of
the tracks.  Can the yamaha record multiple tracks from a computer all at
once ?
or must I try and record 1 at a time ?
(which I can't figure out how to do  yet )

I am using band-in-a-box software to create accomp. and
I would like to store them as songs to play along with when
I play at special events.

Thanks in advance

Jim

0
Reply jimz 5/8/2007 5:24:22 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.music.midi 2943 articles. 23 followers. Post

Yamaha S90 midi/USB ???
Hello, I have connected a Yamaha S90 with an USB cable to my PC. After installing the drivers there are some midi ports available in Windows. Now I try to produce some sound from the S90 to my PC or I try to play a midi file from my computer on the Yamaha S90. But nothing happens at all. My questions: - How can I use the yamaha to send midi notes to my computer? (to record with an external program like cubase). - Is it possible to send midi files from my computer to the internal storage of the S90? (I also have a smartmedia card installed) Thanx in advance for your replies! ...

yamaha shs 10e and midi channels
I've just started using an old yamaha shs 10e to send midi signals to my keyboard. Does anyone know which channels the shs 10e uses for its pitch bend, sustain, tremelo etc'. any help appreciated. cheers dw "dwdw1" <david@dwdw1.com> wrote in message news:1159305976.936407.286680@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > I've just started using an old yamaha shs 10e to send midi signals to > my keyboard. Does anyone know which channels the shs 10e uses for its > pitch bend, sustain, tremelo etc'. > any help appreciated. > cheers > dw > I don`t th...

sending midi commands to a Yamaha sequencer
I'm playing around with an old Yamaha QY-20... I'm having no problems sending commands (from a microcontroller to the midi input) for playing notes and setting which voice to use. I was hoping to be able to trigger the patterns (i.e., drum riffs) through the midi input, but I'm now thinking that it isn't possible. I've spent some time reading the data format document (which isn't particularly clear in its information)... and I'm now thinking that the SysEx commands are only for triggering data dumps. The document is at http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/engli...

MIDI Volume in Yamaha PSR E313
Dear Friends, I connected my Yamaha PSR E313 to my PC through M-Audio MIDI to USB cable. I am able to play music and record MIDI through Ableton Live. But the velocity of each note recorded in Ableton is very low, i.e., 80 . I tried disabling touch response, harmony, reverb etc. in my keyboard, but the velocity is recorded as 80. I tried the same thing in FL Studio 6. Here too, I got low velocity recording for each key pressed in my keyboard. Is there a setting in Yamaha PSR E313 to increase the MIDI velocity for each note (say 120) ? Or, is this something to do with the MIDI cable? Any advi...

Yamaha MU-90R MIDI ports
I recently purchased an MU-90R, hoping to use it as not only a tone generator, but as a MIDI interface for my laptop. The diagrams in the manual imply that this should be possible, but it ain't working. What I'd like to do is the box's MIDI out as the MIDI out to my other instruments; and then use the MIDI In B as the input from my keyboard. (I use my own software to handle sequencing and routing, etc.) I'm using the Yamaha CBX drivers on a Win 98 machine; multiport is enabled; the Host switch is set to PC-2. Bute when I send data to any of the 5 driver ports.. nothin...

Yamaha psr4600 midi output prob
Hello NG, I have a prob with this yamaha KB: psr-4600 I tried out severel software sequencers HW config: AMD athlon1700 xp+ SB audigy 2 zs NVidia TNT2 32 MB, AGP cmedia (VIA MB) ac97 midi interface i10 e/o automatic highpoint udmactrl pci winxp prof latest patchlevel asio driver but only working @ 48 khz :) (I receive an Errormsg, that the ASIO driver could not be changed for use with 44,1 khz) easi drv wdm drv sb audigy drv directx 9.0b opto midi cable, 2m vivanco, midi out -> in midi in -> out connected the midi/game interface on audigy isn�t working, thats why I reactivated ...

Midi problems with my Yamaha PSR-500
Hi all I have a Yamaha PSR-500 which I want to connect to my computer. However i'm having a nightmare trying to get it to work. I'm having a go using Midi maestro I think its called, and using the keyboard on the screen I can make my keyboard play notes, however I can't play notes on my keyboard and get them to sound through the computer.... Is there anything I have to do to get this to work? I am a midi newbie, I think i've set the channels correctly though..... I'm wondering if my keyboard is broken If i can only receive and not send midi from it ?!? I assume that ...

Yamaha,OSX,midi,&garageband
trying to get my Yamaha psr260 to make a midi connection via a microsport uno 1x1 cable to my G4 mac and garageband? Not working! Am I missing something? Is there a website that would explain it in detail? thanks Lyndon ...

Yamaha DD55 MIDI receive problem
Hi people I'm trying to set up my Yamaha DD55 drum pads (actually a more recent model, the DD55c) to work with MIDI properly. I've got it connected to my PC's Creative Live!Drive via a pair of MIDI-to-MIDI leads, and I've also tried using a MIDI-to-gameport lead, but the results are the same. My sequencing software (Acid Pro 4) picks up data from the DD55 fine. But it's the playback that's the problem. Either it plays back using through the DD55 using that horrible default piano sound (channels 1-9), or the horrible default percussion kit (channel 10). In ot...

Yamaha PSR280 in combination with USB MIDI cable...
Hi, I have a problem regarding Yamaha PSR280 synth, using MIDI... Please if anybody could help... I'm using Yamaha PSR280 connected via "MIDI Sport UNO USB cable (www.M-audio.com)", to the laptop computer (with integrated SoundMAX Digital Audio sound card). On the laptop sode I use some software sequencer - no matter which - result is the same whichever I used. Unfortunatelly, whatever I tried so far, I couldn't make it work. :( To give some better explanation, I would give you this example: I choose to store the sequence of notes in sequencer software (all the set...