midi and yamaha p250 - help

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am hoping to find a midi guru that can help me with
recording on the yamaha p250 stage piano.  I can play
midi's from my computer thru the yamaha, but now I would
like to record them ( on the yamaha ) as they are played.

I have tried various midi settings and was able to get
a single track, but I am having difficulty getting the rest of
the tracks.  Can the yamaha record multiple tracks from a computer all at
once ?
or must I try and record 1 at a time ?
(which I can't figure out how to do  yet )

I am using band-in-a-box software to create accomp. and
I would like to store them as songs to play along with when
I play at special events.

Thanks in advance

Jim

0
Reply jimz 5/8/2007 5:24:22 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.music.midi 2953 articles. 23 followers. Post

Yamaha S90 midi/USB ???
Hello, I have connected a Yamaha S90 with an USB cable to my PC. After installing the drivers there are some midi ports available in Windows. Now I try to produce some sound from the S90 to my PC or I try to play a midi file from my computer on the Yamaha S90. But nothing happens at all. My questions: - How can I use the yamaha to send midi notes to my computer? (to record with an external program like cubase). - Is it possible to send midi files from my computer to the internal storage of the S90? (I also have a smartmedia card installed) Thanx in advance for your replies! ...

yamaha shs 10e and midi channels
I've just started using an old yamaha shs 10e to send midi signals to my keyboard. Does anyone know which channels the shs 10e uses for its pitch bend, sustain, tremelo etc'. any help appreciated. cheers dw "dwdw1" <david@dwdw1.com> wrote in message news:1159305976.936407.286680@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > I've just started using an old yamaha shs 10e to send midi signals to > my keyboard. Does anyone know which channels the shs 10e uses for its > pitch bend, sustain, tremelo etc'. > any help appreciated. > cheers > dw > I don`t th...

sending midi commands to a Yamaha sequencer
I'm playing around with an old Yamaha QY-20... I'm having no problems sending commands (from a microcontroller to the midi input) for playing notes and setting which voice to use. I was hoping to be able to trigger the patterns (i.e., drum riffs) through the midi input, but I'm now thinking that it isn't possible. I've spent some time reading the data format document (which isn't particularly clear in its information)... and I'm now thinking that the SysEx commands are only for triggering data dumps. The document is at http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/engli...

MIDI Volume in Yamaha PSR E313
Dear Friends, I connected my Yamaha PSR E313 to my PC through M-Audio MIDI to USB cable. I am able to play music and record MIDI through Ableton Live. But the velocity of each note recorded in Ableton is very low, i.e., 80 . I tried disabling touch response, harmony, reverb etc. in my keyboard, but the velocity is recorded as 80. I tried the same thing in FL Studio 6. Here too, I got low velocity recording for each key pressed in my keyboard. Is there a setting in Yamaha PSR E313 to increase the MIDI velocity for each note (say 120) ? Or, is this something to do with the MIDI cable? Any advi...

Yamaha MU-90R MIDI ports
I recently purchased an MU-90R, hoping to use it as not only a tone generator, but as a MIDI interface for my laptop. The diagrams in the manual imply that this should be possible, but it ain't working. What I'd like to do is the box's MIDI out as the MIDI out to my other instruments; and then use the MIDI In B as the input from my keyboard. (I use my own software to handle sequencing and routing, etc.) I'm using the Yamaha CBX drivers on a Win 98 machine; multiport is enabled; the Host switch is set to PC-2. Bute when I send data to any of the 5 driver ports.. nothin...

Yamaha psr4600 midi output prob
Hello NG, I have a prob with this yamaha KB: psr-4600 I tried out severel software sequencers HW config: AMD athlon1700 xp+ SB audigy 2 zs NVidia TNT2 32 MB, AGP cmedia (VIA MB) ac97 midi interface i10 e/o automatic highpoint udmactrl pci winxp prof latest patchlevel asio driver but only working @ 48 khz :) (I receive an Errormsg, that the ASIO driver could not be changed for use with 44,1 khz) easi drv wdm drv sb audigy drv directx 9.0b opto midi cable, 2m vivanco, midi out -> in midi in -> out connected the midi/game interface on audigy isn�t working, thats why I reactivated ...

Midi problems with my Yamaha PSR-500
Hi all I have a Yamaha PSR-500 which I want to connect to my computer. However i'm having a nightmare trying to get it to work. I'm having a go using Midi maestro I think its called, and using the keyboard on the screen I can make my keyboard play notes, however I can't play notes on my keyboard and get them to sound through the computer.... Is there anything I have to do to get this to work? I am a midi newbie, I think i've set the channels correctly though..... I'm wondering if my keyboard is broken If i can only receive and not send midi from it ?!? I assume that ...

Yamaha,OSX,midi,&garageband
trying to get my Yamaha psr260 to make a midi connection via a microsport uno 1x1 cable to my G4 mac and garageband? Not working! Am I missing something? Is there a website that would explain it in detail? thanks Lyndon ...

Yamaha DD55 MIDI receive problem
Hi people I'm trying to set up my Yamaha DD55 drum pads (actually a more recent model, the DD55c) to work with MIDI properly. I've got it connected to my PC's Creative Live!Drive via a pair of MIDI-to-MIDI leads, and I've also tried using a MIDI-to-gameport lead, but the results are the same. My sequencing software (Acid Pro 4) picks up data from the DD55 fine. But it's the playback that's the problem. Either it plays back using through the DD55 using that horrible default piano sound (channels 1-9), or the horrible default percussion kit (channel 10). In ot...

Yamaha PSR280 in combination with USB MIDI cable...
Hi, I have a problem regarding Yamaha PSR280 synth, using MIDI... Please if anybody could help... I'm using Yamaha PSR280 connected via "MIDI Sport UNO USB cable (www.M-audio.com)", to the laptop computer (with integrated SoundMAX Digital Audio sound card). On the laptop sode I use some software sequencer - no matter which - result is the same whichever I used. Unfortunatelly, whatever I tried so far, I couldn't make it work. :( To give some better explanation, I would give you this example: I choose to store the sequence of notes in sequencer software (all the set...

connecting Yamaha P-200 to Mac computer for MIDI
Hi, I need help connecting my Yamaha P-200 to Mac computer for input into the Finale software program via MIDI. Can anyone tell me what I need to do this?I have a Mac G4. thanks Kevin Coffey I would imagine a MIDISport Uno would work very well. ...

Yamaha Clickstation doesn't sync with MIDI IN
Hi, I have a Yamaha Clickstation and I'm quite happy with it. However, I tried to use the MIDI in to take over the bpm of Cubase SX 3.1 to record in sync with my cubase project. I have a M-Audio USB MIDISPORT 2x2 Midi-interface. I setup my Cubase that it sends out MIDI Clock to my MIDI port (LED is flashing) but my Clickstation doesn't take the tempo. It displays "STOP" and "--" in the display that's all! I tried to use the MIDI OX freeware tool to generate another MIDI clock but same result. My questions: - How EXACTLY does my clickstation synchronize to ...

Problem with Yamaha QY-100 sequencer MIDI THRU
Yesterday, I bought a Yamaha QY-100 sequencer at a store in San Francisco. It was clearly a used model, but they gave me a very good discount. I took it home and found the following problem : When I enable MIDI thru on the QY-100, MIDI signals coming to the MIDI IN don't get played back correctly at the MIDI OUT/THRU connector. The data stream get corrupt. This is very audible. My setup is as follows : 1) old PC with Music Quest MQX-16 MPU-401 compatible card 2) MIDI OUT of MQX-16 connected to MIDI IN of Yamaha QY-100 3) MIDI THRU enabled in QY-100 4) MIDI OUT/THRU of QY-100 connecte...

Sending midi songs to PC from Yamaha PSR-290 keyboard?
Hi We have a Yamaha PSR-290 keyboard, and have just bought a UX16 midi interface which I naively thought would make it easy to transfer midi files to and from the keyboard and PC (notably, recording songs played on the keyboard to memory, and then sending them to the PC for storage. Yamaha's Songfiler utility seems to make it easy to send midi files from PC -> keyboard, but not in the other direction AFAICS. Surely that can't be right? Anyone using this keyboard managed to solve it? Thanks David Lobster wrote: > Hi > We have a Yamaha PSR-290 keyboard, and have just bought...

FS: Yamaha DD-55 priced to move! MIDI out capable
I just grabbed a Yamaha DD-65 and am letting a Yamaha DD-55 DD55 go for a very good price as I no longer need it. Thanks for looking! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120237946744 ...

Midi out problem with Yamaha EZ-30 and OPL3-SA card
Hello. Hopfully sombody can help me out with this. I've got a Yamaha EZ-30 keyboard and an ordinary computer with an OPL3-SA card. When I play the keyboard the sound can be heard in the computer, but it doesn't work the other way round - no sounds from the keyboard when playing something in the computer. I've already tried two different cables, incluiding an interface that follows the specs outlined in the midi.org website, tried switching the cables, tried two different computers (Acerpower SK), and nothing helped. As I said, it works beautifully when playing FROM the keyboar...

timing accuracy of a Yamaha keyboard's MIDI sequencer
Hi there-- I've written some simple Perl scripts that can analyze midi Note On data to see how closely they match an input template over, say, 8 beats. The idea is to study my timing / consistency as a keyobard player, and see if I can tighten up my timing. Say I'm trying to play straight quarter notes. I will create a template of quarter notes over a single measure. My scirpts will take a MIDI file as input, fit each Note On data to the nearest quarter note, and continue over all the measures until I end up with 4 distributions, one for each quarter note. At each distributio...

Yamaha DGX-205 Keyboard & Linux usb-midi
I have this keyboard which has a USB interface instead of standard MIDI ports. I've used the usb driver under windws and it provides standard midi functionality (works with cakewalk), and also gives access to some flash memory for storing midi/GX files into the keyboards memory. I would like to hook this keyboard up to Linux and send information to it via pmidi/playmidi and/or access the flash memory. I am using and HP Pavillion laptop with Mandrake 10, with a 2.6.7 kernel, patched with the latest stable alsa drivers (1.0.5a). I connect the keyboard and type: modprobe usb-midi, which p...

MIDI-ing up Logic Platinum, QY70 and a Yamaha keyboard.(Mac set-up)
Can anyone give me a straight way of doing this? I shall be using an Edirol UA20 interface which has one in and one out. The QY70 has in and out and the Yamaha keyboard only an out. So I'm puzzled. Could the keyboard go out into the QY70 which goes out into the UA20. But how would I then get MIDI back from my Mac to the QY70? This is driving me nuts, so please help someone. Would I need to use a second interface (which on the Mac cna also go to a serial port)? Patrick. On 13 Jun 2005 08:56:44 -0700, john-tait@tiscali.co.uk wrote: >Can anyone give me a straight way of doing this? I sh...

Trying to use a Yamaha keyboard with an Audiotrak MidiMate USB/MIDI adaptor in Garageband
Hi, I'm trying to use a Yamaha P-120 KB with a Audiotrak MidiMate USB/MIDI adaptor in Garageband but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the KB with Garageband. A new MIDI input is detected by Garageband when I plug in the MidiMate connected to the KB, but I cannot see where to go from there. MidiMate has zero useful help (it just says create a software instrument and start playing - well that doesn't work!) on this matter and I'll be damned if I can find anything online. TIA, Jamie Kahn Genet -- If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the prec...

Yamaha YPG-525, -625, DGX-620, -520 as MIDI input device?
Hi, Just acquired a YPG-525 and it seems more of a consumer device than anything else - the manual desn't really get into using it as a MIDI input device (trigger? Trying to get my brain to understand the terminology :-). There's tables of parameters, there's functions related to MIDI, and I'll do my best, but I can't quite tell if this will be possible. I'm going to give the freeware version of Quartz Audiomaster a whirl, but has anyone been able to use any of the four mentioned in the subject line in this fashion? If so, advice on getting this working would be appr...

FS/FA: YAMAHA DD-55 DD55 MIDI ELECTRONIC DRUMS PROGRAMMABLE NR
YAMAHA DD-55 DD55 MIDI ELECTRONIC DRUMS PROGRAMMABLE NR http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120029664284 for that special percussive moment . . . Chi-chaka waka-waka bling . . . offered by JazzFusionGuy ...

Reason 2.5 just will not pick up my MIDI Yamaha PSR-520 whatever
But why ? I've got the MIDI-in/outs wired to a PCI gameport. I've got the keyboard set to 'on/out'. And whatever I do, all I can get in the port preferences dialogue boxes is "No MIDI input" Why does my computer hate me so much ? don't you need a midi interface? djspank@gmail.com wrote: > don't you need a midi interface? My hardware setup is keyboard hooked up to game-port on PCI sound card - which I think, has MIDI. But I definitely have MIDI on my onboard soundcard. ...

Trying to use a Yamaha P-120 KB with a Audiotrak MidiMate USB/MIDI adaptor in Garageband
The MIDI input shows up in apple's Audio MIDI Setup and Garageband. But I'll be damned if I can work out how to use the KB to produce music in Garageband. Garageband's help and several google searches have turned up nothing useful :-( Why is Apple making this so hard? There's no useful info at all. TIA, Jamie Kahn Genet -- If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. On Sat, 24 May 2008 13:32:39 +1200, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote: > The MIDI input shows up in apple's Audio MIDI Setup and Garageband. But > I'll be damned if I can wo...

Mac G4 desktop, OMS 2.3.8, Macman serial MIDI interface and Yamaha MJC8
Hello... I am trying to get OMS to recognize my synth modules with no success. OMS is loaded properly on my G4 (I know the standard MIDI interface driver is there...the one that should work with my Midiman MacMan serial port MIDI interface). All my modules are hooked up to two Yamaha MJC* MIDI interfaces in serial, but when I create a new Studio Setup in OMS, the search sees nothing there. The serial to USB connector is one by Belkin, and I loaded its drivers into the G4...still no cigar. I know this is an old FAQ, and I have success when I was using my old Power Mac 7100 vs the G4, but all m...