MIDI MUSIC #2

Here are a few original compositions I produced with my MIDI/SoundForge
software. Please click on the large icons to hear a selection.

http://www.shemakhan.com/newsite_011.htm

I have used the Voyetra/Turtle Beach RECORD PRODUCER MIDI EDITION software
(or some version of it) for the past ten years, and have been extremely
happy with the results. It is not *high-end* (today's version costs $20) but
it does everything I need it to do...don't laugh, it works! I have never run
into any *bugs* or glitches with this product. I'm not really sure what I am
missing by not using a more expensive MIDI software program. I also use
SoundFonts for my instrument voicings. I have a number of instrument banks
that I use for different instrument groupings...I have even used VIENNA to
create a few of my own banks and instruments.

Once I have written the music and have all the *notes* in place, I can then
play with it in my SoundForge...then I burn it to CD.

Please have a listen. Thank you.

"...And when he had crossed the bridge, the phantoms came to meet
him." -Nosferatu

www.Shemakhan.com

0
Lookingglass
4/25/2008 5:42:32 PM
comp.music.midi 3004 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Apr 25, 6:42 pm, "Lookingglass" <Shemak...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Here are a few original compositions I produced with my MIDI/SoundForge
> software. Please click on the large icons to hear a selection.
>
> http://www.shemakhan.com/newsite_011.htm
>
> I have used the Voyetra/Turtle Beach RECORD PRODUCER MIDI EDITION software
> (or some version of it) for the past ten years, and have been extremely
> happy with the results. It is not *high-end* (today's version costs $20) but
> it does everything I need it to do...don't laugh, it works! I have never run
> into any *bugs* or glitches with this product. I'm not really sure what I am
> missing by not using a more expensive MIDI software program. I also use
> SoundFonts for my instrument voicings. I have a number of instrument banks
> that I use for different instrument groupings...I have even used VIENNA to
> create a few of my own banks and instruments.
>
> Once I have written the music and have all the *notes* in place, I can then
> play with it in my SoundForge...then I burn it to CD.
>
> Please have a listen. Thank you.
>
> "...And when he had crossed the bridge, the phantoms came to meet
> him." -Nosferatu
>
> www.Shemakhan.com

0
Stoo
5/13/2008 7:55:15 PM
I like it :)

On Apr 25, 6:42 pm, "Lookingglass" <Shemak...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Here are a few original compositions I produced with my MIDI/SoundForge
> software. Please click on the large icons to hear a selection.
>
> http://www.shemakhan.com/newsite_011.htm
>
> I have used the Voyetra/Turtle Beach RECORD PRODUCER MIDI EDITION software
> (or some version of it) for the past ten years, and have been extremely
> happy with the results. It is not *high-end* (today's version costs $20) but
> it does everything I need it to do...don't laugh, it works! I have never run
> into any *bugs* or glitches with this product. I'm not really sure what I am
> missing by not using a more expensive MIDI software program. I also use
> SoundFonts for my instrument voicings. I have a number of instrument banks
> that I use for different instrument groupings...I have even used VIENNA to
> create a few of my own banks and instruments.
>
> Once I have written the music and have all the *notes* in place, I can then
> play with it in my SoundForge...then I burn it to CD.
>
> Please have a listen. Thank you.
>
> "...And when he had crossed the bridge, the phantoms came to meet
> him." -Nosferatu
>
> www.Shemakhan.com

0
Stoo
5/13/2008 7:55:44 PM
"Stoo" <barnes.st@gmail.com> wrote

>I like it :)

Thanks Stoo. Do you do any MIDI stuff?

www.Shemakhan.com

0
Lookingglass
5/14/2008 5:56:13 AM
On May 14, 6:56=A0am, "Lookingglass" <Shemak...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Stoo" <barnes...@gmail.com> wrote
>
> >I like it :)
>
> Thanks Stoo. Do you do any MIDI stuff?
>
> www.Shemakhan.com

I do, but in a very round about way :)

Im a songwriter/guitarist and the way I go about my creative process
is by tabbing / notating my ideas and arrangements into a programme
called Guitar pro. Guitar pro then lets me export my arrangements to
midi. Ive got a drum machine that Ive not yet hooked up to the
computer (via midi) but thats my next little project - seeing how that
pans out! I was ideally hoping to use the drum machine with my DAW but
that has not been able to work :(

So what kind of gear do you use and in particular what synth do you
use ? (Im looking at getting a nice synth).

0
Stoo
5/15/2008 12:29:01 PM
"Stoo" <barnes.st@gmail.com> wrote

Im a songwriter/guitarist and the way I go about my creative process
is by tabbing / notating my ideas and arrangements into a programme
called Guitar pro. Guitar pro then lets me export my arrangements to
midi. Ive got a drum machine that Ive not yet hooked up to the
computer (via midi) but thats my next little project - seeing how that
pans out! I was ideally hoping to use the drum machine with my DAW but
that has not been able to work :(

So what kind of gear do you use and in particular what synth do you
use ? (Im looking at getting a nice synth).
*************************************

I write too...some songs but mainly instrumentals.

I don't use any "gear" except for my PC and software. I have 2 synths that I
got way back in the 1980s...a Yamaha DX 100, and I have one of the earliest
synths made... a Casio CZ-100. Both of them are in perfect working order
with all the manuals. I don't use them anymore though I pull them out to
play with every once in a while.  I now have a Roland digital piano... DP-3.
I am more of a piano player and I like the *feel* of weighted keys like the
real Steinway piano I used to play at work. I don't use any of the sounds,
as I use SoundFonts in conjunction with my MIDI software...Turtle Beach
VOYETRA...very inexpensive ($70). But it does everything I want it to do. I
have been writing for a long time. I also have a Roland RX-100 drum machine
that has been sitting on the shelf for years...no need to use it now with
all the drums in my MIDI software.

You can hear the music I have created with this small amount of *musical
tools* at my website (if you haven't listened already). Here is a link to
the music pages...

http://www.shemakhan.com/newsite_010.htm

ALL of the music was created with a PC, Voyetra, and SoundForge and the
digital piano to play into the MIDI software...once the *notes* are in the
MIDI program, I can manipulate the music, add the instruments/drums. That's
it!

Have you got any music on the web I can listen to?

dave
www.Shemakhan.com

0
Lookingglass