MidiNotate Composer Pro beta release

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

A beta of Notation Software's MidiNotate Composer Pro is available
www.notation.com/ComposerProBetaRelease.htm

MidiNotate Composer Pro is built on top of MidiNotate Composer, which
was released in October, 2004, and MidiNotate (now named MidiNotate
Musician), which was first released in 1998. Composer Pro and Composer
take advantage of MidiNotate's excellent MIDI-to-transcription engine--
the best in the industry.  Your MIDI keyboard recordings are notated
more cleanly by Composer and Composer Pro than by any other music
software.

MidiNotate Composer Pro is the first truly integrated MIDI sequencer
and notation editor.  It offers the best combination of MIDI sequencing
and notation editing features of any music software.  Although
MidiNotate Composer Pro does not claim to have all of the features of a
full-featured MIDI sequencer or of a high-end notation editor, it has
most of the features of both.  There is no MIDI sequencer than has
better support for notation editing than MidiNotate Composer and
Composer Pro; and there is no notation editor that has better MIDI
sequencing support than MidiNotate Composer and Composer Pro.

MidiNotate Composer Pro adds these features to MidiNotate Composer:
* a MIDI event list view that is highly integrated with he notation
* extensive support for System Exclusive (SysEx) messages
* innovative support for key switch (KS) events such as are used by
  the popular Garritan Personal Orchestra (GPO) -- www.garritan.com
* mid-track channel changes

MidiNotate Composer Pro offers unsurpassed integration of MIDI
sequencing.  In addition to the above Composer Pro-only feature, the
following MIDI/notation integration features in Composer are also
included in Composer Pro:
* piano roll notation super-imposed on top of the score
* graphs of MIDI events, such as pitch bend, tempo, volume,
  and controller events, super-imposed on top of the score
* note velocity vectors that graphically display the loudness
  of each note

I encourage you to try out this beta release of MidiNotate Composer
Pro.  I'm proud of it, having worked an average of about 60 hours a
week for the last 10+ years on its development (plus a little time
spent on amateur marketing along the way :-)

If you have feedback, positive or negative, please offer it in any of
these ways you might prefer:
* join in the discussions at the Composer Pro section of
  Notation Software's forum at www.notation.com/MidiNotateForum.htm
* send feedback to support@notation.com

I hope nobody is offended by my announcing this beta release in
comp.music.midi, and by my enthusiasm for MidiNotate Composer Pro.  My
wife and I are trying to make a living doing music software, but this
is also a work of passion.

Cheers
-- Mark Walsen
   markwa@notation.com
   Notation Software, Inc.
   www.notation.com

0
Reply markwa (5) 3/20/2005 1:33:16 AM

See related articles to this posting

comp.music.midi 2971 articles. 23 followers. Post

MidiNotate Composer 1.0 beta release
The first public beta release of MidiNotate Composer 1.0 was recently made available at www.notation.com/MidiNotateBetaRelease.htm MidiNotate Composer is an integrated MIDI sequencer / notation editor. It employs the advanced MIDI-to-notation technology that has been in used in MidiNotate for several years. Please check it out, and let me know what you like or don't like in MidiNotate forum. The design of the forum itself is pretty interesting, because the online 800-page User's Guide is linked on a per-topic basis to corresponding topics in the forum. Cheers -- Mark (the develope...

Beta Release of WebChange Pro
[Posted and mailed] Soft Rock Software is pleased to be able to announce the release of a beta version of the long awaited 32bit WebChange, which is now called WebChange Pro. This is available to anyone who purchased one of the older versions, and can be downloaded from the users page at: http://www.webchange.co.uk/ru/ You will need your username and password to access the download, as used to download updates in the past. If you can't remember your access details, or those you have no longer work, please let me know so that I can investigate. (If possible, give me as much information...

Stalker Announces Beta Release of CommuniGate Pro for OpenVMS
Stalker Software has just announced the release of the OpenVMS beta for their CommuniGate Pro Integrated Communications server. The Beta period will run through to January 15, 2005. The product is available for OpenVMS on Alpha, and IA64 (Itanium2) platforms. http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?story=04/12/02/3371441 Ken OpenVMS.org _____________________________________ Kenneth R. Farmer <>< SpyderByte: http://www.SpyderByte.com Kenneth Farmer wrote: > > Stalker Software has just announced the release of the OpenVMS beta for > their CommuniGate Pro Integrated Commu...

ACDSee Pro 2 Photo Manager beta released
Participate in the ACDSee Pro 2.0 Public Beta program and help design the next version of ACDSee Pro, industry's most powerful software platform for viewing, processing, editing, organizing and publishing images. Preview ACDSee Pro 2.0's new tools: enhanced RAW processing color separation Channel Mixer Sorting & Tagging IPTC Support Batch Processing Image Compare and more... View the full list of supported RAW formats NEW in Public Beta: http://www.acdseepro.com/ ...

Releasing betas/RCs/development releases on CPAN
Hi all, I recently noticed that module authors could post development releases on CPAN. I would like to do that with my modules. 1) It seems all you need to do is use an underscore ('_') in the module version and that version will be considered a developmement release. Is this correct? If not, what is the correct procedure^ 2) Is this practice safe? What I mean is: Are most CPAN-fetching modules (CPAN.pm, CPANPLUS.pm, ...) intelligent enough to not scoop up thoses releases even if they have the highest version number? I wouldn't want someone grabbing a RC version by accident thi...

Pro 6.1 beta 2 pro
hi, this weekend i switched from ce to pro and have experienced 2 crashes/ walkbacks and 1 system hang. the walkbacks came after 1) making a control in readonly using viewcomposer and 2) a stack overflow while editing a class. the system hang came while editing a method. based on my experience with ce for 4 months, the beta is nowhere near as stable. john John, > this weekend i switched from ce to pro and have experienced 2 crashes/ > walkbacks and 1 system hang. the walkbacks came after 1) making a > control in readonly using viewcomposer and 2) a stack overflow w...

REleased or beta?
The most recent version of TeX I have found is from the Slackware-current distribution. After installing it when I type pdfetex --version I get: pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4) But on TeXLive, Miktex and the minimal distro from the Context site I get earlier versions of pdfetex, in the 20a range. So here are my questions: 1. Are the pdfetex and Web2C versions cited above the latest released versions or are they beta products? 2. If they are the latest released versions is there a comparable compiled TeX package for MSWin users newer than what Miktex is offering? Please note that...

[ANN] Labrador-0.1 beta release (+ longish Release Note)
Hi list I just released my first beta version of Labrador, renamed as "The Lazy Programmer's Best Friend" http://rubyforge.org/projects/labrador/ Enjoy. ------------------------------------ 8< -------------------------------------------- #* Labrador, The Lazy Programmer's Best Friend. #* #* Distributed under the terms of the BSD License. #* Copyright (c) 2007 Robert Dober #* All rights reserved. Release 0.1 =========== Labrador is a Ruby Extension Library orbiting around two centers of gravity: * The Lazy Programmer's Best Friend. * Interesting Features ...

[News] Firefox 3.1 Beta Released; Reviews of 3.0 and 3.1 Beta

jSyncManager v3.0 Core Application Set beta 02/API beta 05 released!
PRESS RELEASE jSyncManager.org announces the second beta release of the jSyncManager 3.0 Palm Hand-held Synchronization Core Application Set for Java, and the fifth beta release of the jSyncManager 3.0 API for Java. TORONTO, CANADA, September 9th, 2003 - The jSyncManager.org team is pleased to announce the release of its second beta of the jSyncManager v3.0 Core Application Set. This application set is designed to allow organizations to easily run PalmOS data synchronization tasks in cross-platform environments, using Sun Microsystem's popular Java(tm) Runtime Environment. "...

jSyncManager v3.0 Core Application Set beta 02/API beta 05 released!
PRESS RELEASE jSyncManager.org announces the second beta release of the jSyncManager 3.0 Palm Hand-held Synchronization Core Application Set for Java, and the fifth beta release of the jSyncManager 3.0 API for Java. TORONTO, CANADA, September 9th, 2003 - The jSyncManager.org team is pleased to announce the release of its second beta of the jSyncManager v3.0 Core Application Set. This application set is designed to allow organizations to easily run PalmOS data synchronization tasks in cross-platform environments, using Sun Microsystem's popular Java(tm) Runtime Enviro...

SN#21326 Java SE 6 Update 12 Released, Followed by Beta Release of Update 14
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 132 Issue 2 2009-02-09 Article 21326 from section "Java Technology" Update 12 Offers Support for the Browser Plugin for Java on 64-bit OSs The recent release of Java SE 6 Update 12 provides support for 64 bit browsers, with a 64 bit version of the Java Plug-in and Java Webstart. Update 12 also offers improved application start-up time with JavaFX-based applications and better graphic performance when doing anti-aliased drawing, or non-anti-aliased wide lines. Sun also has a "binary snapshot"...

[News] [Linux] Bugzilla 3.0 Released, BLAG Released, Puppy Reaches New Beta Milestone
Bugzilla 3.0 let loose upon the world ,----[ Quote ] | Nine years after version 2.0 of the popular open source bug-tracking | system was launched, Bugzilla 3.0 has been released with the same | statement as its predecessor, "We like the new version much better, | and hope you will too." `---- http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1505 Puppy Linux 2.16 now in beta ,----[ Quote ] | In keeping with its frantic pace of development and improvement, | today the Puppy Linux team has released the beta of Puppy 2.16. | The good news, for me anyway, is the "minimalist look...

[News] [OSS] IBM Releases Open Source ALM Platform, Apollo Beta Released as Open Source
IBM Jazzes up Eclipse ,----[ Quote ] | IBM expanding its backing for Eclipse with the release of an open source | application lifecycle management (ALM) platform serving its Rational tools. `---- http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/06/11/ibm_eclipse_jazz/ Adobe's Apollo platform, now called AIR, goes beta ,----[ Quote ] | Adobe will not make the code for Flex 3 available with an open-source | license on Monday. But by the time the product is released in the | second half of this year, the code will be available for free | under an open-source license. It will also introduce a govern...

HLVM beta release
The new High-Level Virtual Machine is an open source project designed to compile statically-typed functional programming languages (like OCaml) into high performance assembler for a variety of architectures (including ARM, x86 and amd64). HLVM is built upon LLVM and is written in OCaml. The project is hosted on the OCaml Forge: http://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/hlvm/ In addition to high-performance numeric and string processing, HLVM also intends to provide easy parallelism and C interoperability. If you would like to discuss any aspect of HLVM, please join our mailing list. -- Dr Jon...

Beta release note
Hi Venkita, Here is my beta release note. Is this enough or too short? Huang-Ming Fault Tolerant Real-time Event Service ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------- The Fault Tolerant Real-time Event Service provides the fault tolerant capability to the TAO Real-time Event Service. Essentially, it allows you to start several event services in different machines. These event services form an object group which can be treated as a logical event service by clients. The clients only communicate with the primary (leader) of the ob...

PLextile Beta Released
PLextile, a complete Java=E2=84=A2 library for parsing Dean Allen=E2=80=99s= Textile. Unlike other Java=E2=84=A2 implementations of Textile, Plextile supports all of its core functionality. Using Bruno Lowagie and Paulo Soares iText, Plextile also provides the ability to export your Textile markup as PDFs and RTFs. http://www.plink-search.com/blog.html?fetch=3Ddeveloper&get=3DPLextile Ben. ...

PopStop Beta Release
Hi All, I have NewsHound set up to post articles every 15 minutes. This means that sometimes I turn off my computer before the article is sent and then it fires off later (sometimes days later!) when I next turn my computer on. To solve this, I've written an app (PopStop) to warn me if I try and shutdown with items in the NewsHound (and POPStar) queue. If you'd like to test it out too, please download the beta release from: http://www.snowstone.org.uk/riscos/popstop/ I'd be grateful for any feedback. (Though needless to say I've not done the icon, help messages etc yet.) A...

PiCloud Beta Release
Hello, PiCloud has just released a Python library, cloud, which allows you to easily offload the execution of a function to a cluster of servers running on Amazon Web Services. As a beta product, we are currently free to all users who sign up with beta code "PYTHONLIST". To register, go to http://www.picloud.com Full service description: PiCloud is a cloud-computing platform that integrates into the Python Programming Language. It enables you to leverage the compute power of Amazon Web Services without having to manage, maintain, or configure virtual servers. PiCloud integrates se...

netbook pro released
Psion Teklogix has released the Netbook Pro running Windows CE. photo http://www.jidelec.fr/Jidelec/Terminaux_portables/tpi.htm general info http://www.psionteklogix.com/public.aspx?s=com&p=Products&pCat=128&pID=987 specifications http://www.psionteklogix.com/assets/downloadable/NETBOOK_PRO_A4.pdf press release http://www.psionteklogix.com/public.aspx?s=com&p=News&POid=472 Support the petition to make this device available running Symbian OS: http://www.petitiononline.com/nbookpro/ -- my site is EriksRailNews.com for those who don't believe, no...

Beta releases for D6?
Andy, Blair, Is there any plan at all to release beta versions of D6? Perhaps people who want to upgrade, can spend the money early, get access to betas and provide feedback? I'm ok with the possibility of a beta hosing my system. I'm betting there are a number of people who would share my attitude. I know you have plans to change the Dolphin revenue scheme to subscription based + lump-sum payment methods. will you be getting that up and running before D6 is ready, allowing people to upgrade, and join some sort of early access program, or will it be something to occurr afte...

Vista Beta released
I plan on checking this one out. It would be interesting if, say, you could run Windows api apps remotely via ssh. Example: sshd running on Windows box (Cygwin). ssh to the windows box, and execute the Win app, and have it displayed on the Linux side (under X). I guess that would involve running a special X11 server that would function as an Xlib wrapper around the Windows app. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total ...

Nisus Writer Pro Beta
Hi Nisus have released a beta of Nisus Writer Pro. <http://www.nisus.com/pro/beta/> This is a more full featured application than Nisus Writer Express. It's not yet in the realms of the superb Nisus Writer classic but it is a big step in the right direction. -- Patrick - Brighton, UK If you wish email me from my web-site: <http://www.patrickjames.me.uk> Inventory service in Sussex: <http://www.inventoryworks.co.uk> Hei Patrick Argh.:-(! - I hoped to be the first one with this news, but your were=20 faster.:-) - But OK, sure I hope to be the first one here to giv...

VectorLinux 7 beta released
I just realized that I promised someone that I would let them know when VectorLinux 7 went beta. It did so on February 9th. -- RonB Registered Linux User #498581 CentOS 5.5 or VectorLinux Deluxe 6.0 RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com> writes: > I just realized that I promised someone that I would let them know when > VectorLinux 7 went beta. It did so on February 9th. Why? Cant they sign up for release news? Why are they interested in this beta? Was it not pubic before this beta? My guess is no one asked any such thing... Hadron wrote: > RonB <ronb...