MidiNotate Composer Pro beta release

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

A beta of Notation Software's MidiNotate Composer Pro is available
www.notation.com/ComposerProBetaRelease.htm

MidiNotate Composer Pro is built on top of MidiNotate Composer, which
was released in October, 2004, and MidiNotate (now named MidiNotate
Musician), which was first released in 1998. Composer Pro and Composer
take advantage of MidiNotate's excellent MIDI-to-transcription engine--
the best in the industry.  Your MIDI keyboard recordings are notated
more cleanly by Composer and Composer Pro than by any other music
software.

MidiNotate Composer Pro is the first truly integrated MIDI sequencer
and notation editor.  It offers the best combination of MIDI sequencing
and notation editing features of any music software.  Although
MidiNotate Composer Pro does not claim to have all of the features of a
full-featured MIDI sequencer or of a high-end notation editor, it has
most of the features of both.  There is no MIDI sequencer than has
better support for notation editing than MidiNotate Composer and
Composer Pro; and there is no notation editor that has better MIDI
sequencing support than MidiNotate Composer and Composer Pro.

MidiNotate Composer Pro adds these features to MidiNotate Composer:
* a MIDI event list view that is highly integrated with he notation
* extensive support for System Exclusive (SysEx) messages
* innovative support for key switch (KS) events such as are used by
  the popular Garritan Personal Orchestra (GPO) -- www.garritan.com
* mid-track channel changes

MidiNotate Composer Pro offers unsurpassed integration of MIDI
sequencing.  In addition to the above Composer Pro-only feature, the
following MIDI/notation integration features in Composer are also
included in Composer Pro:
* piano roll notation super-imposed on top of the score
* graphs of MIDI events, such as pitch bend, tempo, volume,
  and controller events, super-imposed on top of the score
* note velocity vectors that graphically display the loudness
  of each note

I encourage you to try out this beta release of MidiNotate Composer
Pro.  I'm proud of it, having worked an average of about 60 hours a
week for the last 10+ years on its development (plus a little time
spent on amateur marketing along the way :-)

If you have feedback, positive or negative, please offer it in any of
these ways you might prefer:
* join in the discussions at the Composer Pro section of
  Notation Software's forum at www.notation.com/MidiNotateForum.htm
* send feedback to support@notation.com

I hope nobody is offended by my announcing this beta release in
comp.music.midi, and by my enthusiasm for MidiNotate Composer Pro.  My
wife and I are trying to make a living doing music software, but this
is also a work of passion.

Cheers
-- Mark Walsen
   markwa@notation.com
   Notation Software, Inc.
   www.notation.com

0
Reply markwa (5) 3/20/2005 1:33:16 AM

See related articles to this posting
comp.music.midi 2943 articles. 23 followers. Post

MidiNotate Composer 1.0 beta release
The first public beta release of MidiNotate Composer 1.0 was recently made available at www.notation.com/MidiNotateBetaRelease.htm MidiNotate Composer is an integrated MIDI sequencer / notation editor. It employs the advanced MIDI-to-notation technology that has been in used in MidiNotate for several years. Please check it out, and let me know what you like or don't like in MidiNotate forum. The design of the forum itself is pretty interesting, because the online 800-page User's Guide is linked on a per-topic basis to corresponding topics in the forum. Cheers -- Mark (the develope...

Beta Release of WebChange Pro
[Posted and mailed] Soft Rock Software is pleased to be able to announce the release of a beta version of the long awaited 32bit WebChange, which is now called WebChange Pro. This is available to anyone who purchased one of the older versions, and can be downloaded from the users page at: http://www.webchange.co.uk/ru/ You will need your username and password to access the download, as used to download updates in the past. If you can't remember your access details, or those you have no longer work, please let me know so that I can investigate. (If possible, give me as much information...

Stalker Announces Beta Release of CommuniGate Pro for OpenVMS
Stalker Software has just announced the release of the OpenVMS beta for their CommuniGate Pro Integrated Communications server. The Beta period will run through to January 15, 2005. The product is available for OpenVMS on Alpha, and IA64 (Itanium2) platforms. http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?story=04/12/02/3371441 Ken OpenVMS.org _____________________________________ Kenneth R. Farmer <>< SpyderByte: http://www.SpyderByte.com Kenneth Farmer wrote: > > Stalker Software has just announced the release of the OpenVMS beta for > their CommuniGate Pro Integrated Commu...

ACDSee Pro 2 Photo Manager beta released
Participate in the ACDSee Pro 2.0 Public Beta program and help design the next version of ACDSee Pro, industry's most powerful software platform for viewing, processing, editing, organizing and publishing images. Preview ACDSee Pro 2.0's new tools: enhanced RAW processing color separation Channel Mixer Sorting & Tagging IPTC Support Batch Processing Image Compare and more... View the full list of supported RAW formats NEW in Public Beta: http://www.acdseepro.com/ ...

Releasing betas/RCs/development releases on CPAN
Hi all, I recently noticed that module authors could post development releases on CPAN. I would like to do that with my modules. 1) It seems all you need to do is use an underscore ('_') in the module version and that version will be considered a developmement release. Is this correct? If not, what is the correct procedure^ 2) Is this practice safe? What I mean is: Are most CPAN-fetching modules (CPAN.pm, CPANPLUS.pm, ...) intelligent enough to not scoop up thoses releases even if they have the highest version number? I wouldn't want someone grabbing a RC version by accident thi...

Pro 6.1 beta 2 pro
hi, this weekend i switched from ce to pro and have experienced 2 crashes/ walkbacks and 1 system hang. the walkbacks came after 1) making a control in readonly using viewcomposer and 2) a stack overflow while editing a class. the system hang came while editing a method. based on my experience with ce for 4 months, the beta is nowhere near as stable. john John, > this weekend i switched from ce to pro and have experienced 2 crashes/ > walkbacks and 1 system hang. the walkbacks came after 1) making a > control in readonly using viewcomposer and 2) a stack overflow w...

REleased or beta?
The most recent version of TeX I have found is from the Slackware-current distribution. After installing it when I type pdfetex --version I get: pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4) But on TeXLive, Miktex and the minimal distro from the Context site I get earlier versions of pdfetex, in the 20a range. So here are my questions: 1. Are the pdfetex and Web2C versions cited above the latest released versions or are they beta products? 2. If they are the latest released versions is there a comparable compiled TeX package for MSWin users newer than what Miktex is offering? Please note that...

[ANN] Labrador-0.1 beta release (+ longish Release Note)
Hi list I just released my first beta version of Labrador, renamed as "The Lazy Programmer's Best Friend" http://rubyforge.org/projects/labrador/ Enjoy. ------------------------------------ 8< -------------------------------------------- #* Labrador, The Lazy Programmer's Best Friend. #* #* Distributed under the terms of the BSD License. #* Copyright (c) 2007 Robert Dober #* All rights reserved. Release 0.1 =========== Labrador is a Ruby Extension Library orbiting around two centers of gravity: * The Lazy Programmer's Best Friend. * Interesting Features ...

jSyncManager v3.0 Core Application Set beta 02/API beta 05 released!
PRESS RELEASE jSyncManager.org announces the second beta release of the jSyncManager 3.0 Palm Hand-held Synchronization Core Application Set for Java, and the fifth beta release of the jSyncManager 3.0 API for Java. TORONTO, CANADA, September 9th, 2003 - The jSyncManager.org team is pleased to announce the release of its second beta of the jSyncManager v3.0 Core Application Set. This application set is designed to allow organizations to easily run PalmOS data synchronization tasks in cross-platform environments, using Sun Microsystem's popular Java(tm) Runtime Environment. "...